• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice UEEF: The Shadow Chronicles - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Hmm. What would be a good attack to use here? I'm kinda hoping to do more damage than just a little shot with my laser.

You are in a Nova Cyclone, right? They have an arsenal of 12 mini missiles on them. You could fire off a half dozen and see if you toast one of the Garn with that.

Seeing Garn 3 concentrating on Jake, Ian decided to fire off six of his mini-missiles at it; the two from the launcher on his mecha's right forearm, and the four from one of the launchers above his rear thrusters.

M.D.C. by Location:
Hovercycle Mode:
* Headlights (2) - 2 each
* Rear Thrusters (2) - 25 each
* Thruster Missile Launchers (2) - 30 each
* Front Hover Jet - 20
** Main Body - 170

Battloid/ Armor Mode:
Helmet/Head - 55
* Main Hover Jets (2; back) - 45 each
* Main Vectored Thruster (I, lower back) - 25
* Thruster Missile Launchers (2) - 30 each
Forearm Shields - 60 each
Beam Cannon (1, handheld) - 50
Armored Forearm Missile Launchers - 30 each (both on one arm)
Legs (2) - 50 each
** Main Body - 170
* Destroying one hover jet reduces the maximum speed of the Cyclone by 33%, and the pilot must operate the vehicle in Battloid mode. Destroying two thrusters makes it impossible to fly in Earth-like gravity, and it can only be flown in space or underwater at 10% of its top speed. To shoot out a hover jet or any item marked by a single asterisk, the attacker must make a successful "Called Shot" with the following penalties: Shooting at a stationary target -4, moving target -6, and fast moving target -11 to strike. These penalties also apply to targeting the head and other small targets.
** Depleting the M.D.C. of the main body destroys the Cyclone, rendering it useless, but the CVR-3 body armor should keep the character alive for a while.

Weapon Systems:
1. 80mm Beam Cannon: This large-bore laser rifle is the Nova's main weapon. It sits on top of the forearm and is powered by a Protoculture magazine that attaches to the back of the weapon. It was designed specifically for space combat, though it can be used underwater and in an atmosphere. This weapon is the precursor to the EP-37 pulse beam rifle. It fires single shots as well as three-shot bursts.
Primary Purpose: Assault.
Secondary Purpose: Defense.
Weight: 30 pounds (13.5 kg).
Range: 4,000 feet (1,219 m).
Mega-Damage: 3D6 M.D. for a single blast, 1D4x10+6 M.D. for a three round burst.
Rate of Fire: Each blast or burst uses one of the pilot's attacks.
Payload: 90 single shots or 30 three-round bursts per Protoculture magazine.
Bonus {for Cyclones): + 1 to strike for a single shot, no bonus for bursts.

2. GR-101 Mini-Missile Delivery System (2): These two missile pods hold four mini-missiles each and are located on the front of the rear thrusters. They can be fired in either mode and provide the VR-021 with good striking power. In hovercycle mode, they are located behind and to the sides of the rider.
Primary Purpose: Anti-Mecha/Anti-Armor.
Secondary Purpose: Anti-Missile and Anti-Aircraft.
Weight: Each missile weighs about five pounds (2.25 kg).
Range: One mile (1.6 km).
Mega-Damage: Per type of mini-missile, but usually loaded with HEAP (High Explosive Armor Piercing) missiles which inflict 1D4x10 M.D. per missile.
Rate of Fire: One or in volleys of 2, 4, 6 or all 8.
Payload: Eight mini-missiles total (four in each missile pod).

3. GR-95 Mini-Missile Delivery System: Located on either side of the off-hand forearm shield is a mini-missile pod containing two missiles. It is similar to the other cyclone forearm mini-missile launchers, except that it is more of an enclosed system to ensure that the missiles are not damaged by the rigors of combat in space or other hostile environments. Otherwise, they function exactly like the GR-97. Note: May replace these mini-missile launchers with any of the modular weapons
available to the Cyclone.
Primary Purpose: Anti-Mecha/Anti-Armor.
Secondary Purpose: Anti-Missile and Anti-Personnel.
Weight: Four pounds (1.8 kg) for each of the two launchers, and each missile weighs about five pounds (2.25 kg).
Range: One mile (1.6 km).
Mega-Damage: Per mini-missile, but usually loaded with HEAP (High Explosive Armor Piercing) missiles which inflict 1D4x10 M.D. per missile.
Rate of Fire: One at a time or in volleys of two, three or all four.
Payload: Four, two mini-missiles per launcher.

4. Hand to Hand Combat Bonuses: As indicated below. All Cyclones are fast, agile Veritechs suitable for all manner of infantry combat and ground operations. They are even able to dodge and engage Invid and other large mecha, though at considerable risk.
Attacks per Melee: See bonuses, below.
Augmented P.S.: 20-30 is the most common range.
Hand to Hand Damage:
Punch/Forearm Strike: 1D6 S.D.C. + P.S. damage bonus.
Power Punch: 1D4 M.D., but counts as two melee attacks.
Kick or Stomp Attack: 2D6 S.D.C.
Power Kick: 1D6 M.D., but counts as two melee attacks.
Jump Kick or Leap Kick: 3D6 S.D.C. + P .S. damage bonus.
A power leap is not possible. Counts as two melee attacks.
Flying Leap Kick: 5D6 S.D.C. + P.S. damage bonus, but counts as three melee attacks.
Body Block/Ram: 2D6 S.D.C. (P.S. damage bonus does NOT apply) on a body block/ram per 20 mph (32 km) up to 140 mph (224 km). There is a 01-65% chance of knocking down an opponent of equal size or up to 50% larger, or smaller, off their feet. In any case, the victim of knockdown loses initiative and two melee attacks. This attack counts as two of the Cyclone's melee attacks.
That's going to hit; go ahead and roll damage.

EDIT nevermind; I see you did.

Done.

Also, apologies if I appear to be flipflopping, but I'm thinking of staying in this game after this mission. I guess I'm either in a better place than I was earlier, or I realized how much I'd miss gaming with you all, even if it's just one game out of Unconquered Sun knows how many.

"You're not Zentradi, are you?"

Valriya right now:
dd0.png

If you take the same elevator up that you took coming down, it will only take a few minutes to get up to the surface level where the Veritechs are currently parked and waiting for your return. Those like Bigs in her Nova Space Cyclone can fly up the vertical shaft much faster, making the trip in less than a minute. From what you are hearing from the miners here, they are saying that the handful of Invid Soldiers that were on the asteroid were quickly and efficiently dealt with, and now that the four Garn are destroyed, they are telling you that the mining site has been cleared of Invid.
With this being the case, I'm feeling a lot more inclined to just delete my previous post and have Ian send Bigs back up topside to contact the Raven. Hell, if the asteroid's secured, we might as well bring the whole squad back outside.

I have realized that I didn't give out any xp for your last run. Here is another 3,500 points, putting everyone at 8,500. I believe that puts you all at level 4. Don't forget to check your combat bonus increases along with your skill percentile increase. As always, if anyone has any questions, don't hesitate to ask me and I can jump in and assist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back