• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice UEEF: The Shadow Chronicles - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
There was never very much footage of the Beta fighter, with most of the focus being on the Alpha and the Cyclone. If there was a scene with the Beta having a Cyclone in it, I just don't remember it.

Hey all. Just to let you know, I will be away from my PC for a good couple of days as of tomorrow, as I'm going camping and kayaking with my dad and some of his friends during that time. If I do have my phone, I don't know if I'll have any kind of wi-fi where I'm going, so odds are that I won't be able to post for some time.

The Silverback is stored in what used to be the bomb bay.

AFAIK, if we stick with the official material from the series, I don't think that the Beta even has a spot for a Cyclone. I know that the Alpha has a Cyclone located in its chest, and in my opinion, the Betas should have one, too.
Yeah, that's true. I didn't even think about not seeing cyclones with the Betas in the show. Though, it has been a long time and I never finished Shadow Chronicles...

Hey all. Just to let you know, I will be away from my PC for a good couple of days as of tomorrow, as I'm going camping and kayaking with my dad and some of his friends during that time. If I do have my phone, I don't know if I'll have any kind of wi-fi where I'm going, so odds are that I won't be able to post for some time.
Enjoy and relax!

up first with Tisiphone
Alright, how does this gun work, and what are my options? Does it have firing modes, are there useful opportunities to be called-shotting anything, etc? Or do I just roll my d20 to hold the trigger down and call it day?

IIRC, you are in the Silverback with Brac, manning the rail gun turret. It can fire in two modes; single shot and burst. The damage for those are:

Mega Damage: 2d6 MD for a single round from each weapon, and 2d4x10+14 MD for a 20 round burst.
The different options you have available to you are a standard shot at the main body, which is the default, or you can try a Called Shot for a particular location. That uses up an extra action, making it cost two of your actions. Against the Inorganics, the best bet is to go for the main body, since they don't have the same weak point that the regular Invid do.

As usual, a 1-4 on the die is a miss, and a 20 on the die is a critical strike, doing double damage.

Also, make sure you call your target so I know which one to mark off any damage from.

Nope! You just roll your d20, and make sure you add in your MECT bonuses (if any) to the effort to give you your final total.

Just to check, what model Cyclone does Ian have access to?

In that case, I'm probably going to go with a Nova, seeing as we're currently in space.

Just a heads-up everyone, but at the moment I'm thinking of dropping this game once this current mission's over. Between all the games I've become involved in since starting this one, Random wanting to restart Brave New World, and all the stuff going on in my life right now, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and in need of a step back. And truth be told, while Sherwood's been a great DM as always, and I've enjoyed interacting with you all here, I'm just not sold on this system or setting (though if anything, this is down to me being more into fantasy stuff, and not wanting to spread my time too thinly in terms of interests).

Just a heads-up everyone, but at the moment I'm thinking of dropping this game once this current mission's over. Between all the games I've become involved in since starting this one, Random wanting to restart Brave New World, and all the stuff going on in my life right now, I'm feeling a little overwhelmed and in need of a step back. And truth be told, while Sherwood's been a great DM as always, and I've enjoyed interacting with you all here, I'm just not sold on this system or setting (though if anything, this is down to me being more into fantasy stuff, and not wanting to spread my time too thinly in terms of interests).
I understand, and will certainly miss having you in the game. You will always be a welcome member to any adventure I run.

I will have to determine how I will handle Ian's departure; do I have him transfer out, or run him as an NPC? Decisions, decisions.

I admit, I've been considering much the same. I struggle with keeping up with Palladium, and the number of games lately has been ever-expanding. I hate to suddenly drop, but for many of the palladium games I'm thinking that at the next appropriate time I should step aside and let other players fill the gap. Primarily the whole character advancement stuff and skill system just gives me a massive headache. Other than that, there's been plenty of "excitement" in the real world complicating things that has made it yet more difficult to make time for games that I already struggle with. Again, I'd rather not hold people back because of waning enthusiasm, especially with friends legitimately enjoying the game.

Trying to figure out which weapons I have on this Silverback. Sherwood Sherwood , which of the options on the "Light" Silverback does it have?
This was posted in the IC thread earlier...

OOC WlfSamurai WlfSamurai WlfSamurai WlfSamurai Just so you know, the Silverback currently has the following weapons plugged in its modular weapon mounts:
In the top/rear weapon mount is the HG-140 Rail Gun
On your wheel mounts are:
1 HG-70 Rail Gun
1 H-260 Valiant Laser Rifle
2 GR-97 Dual Mini Missile Launchers with Plasma warheads in them

If you are looking for a good weapon to use, I'd go with the HG-70 Rail Gun. It is going to have the best kick for you.

This was posted in the IC thread earlier...

If you are looking for a good weapon to use, I'd go with the HG-70 Rail Gun. It is going to have the best kick for you.
Sorry. I forgot that it was the IC thread it was in. I was scouring the OOC thread for it swearing I remember it.

Thank you.

Sorry for stealing your big gun. In this case I'm not sure conserving missiles matters. There are only 4 serious enemies in the whole complex, and after that you're back in your Beta where these tiny missiles don't matter. Better dead enemies and no missiles left than dead us with plenty of missiles.

The HG-140 double barreled turret on the back is the passenger-served weapon, and the HG-70 single barreled rail gun is the pilot's hand held weapon in your mecha mode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back