• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice UEEF: The Shadow Chronicles - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
If you decide to go with your missiles, remember that these Armored Scouts have about 100 MDC on their main body, so don't go too crazy with the number you launch.

Huh, writing my post, I realize I might have not done math right on my strike? I have a +1 to strike. You guys all have like +12 or +8 and stuff…

Looking at it…

Your PP gives a +3 to your Strike, along with the +1 you get from your HtH bonus. Then there is the +1 from your Beta's MECT training, so you should have at least a +5.

So, thinking of launching two of my wing-mounted missiles at one of the scouts. Wise? Or overkill?

So, thinking of launching two of my wing-mounted missiles at one of the scouts. Wise? Or overkill?
I'm not terribly familiar with weaponry mechanics, but a lot of missiles have an explosive radius effect. If we can damage whole groups of enemies it will save us the action cost of a called shot and more quickly dispense of the opponent to preserve our MDC protection.

So to me the question is: if we start tossing out missiles, are the enemies grouped enough to be in the blast radius? Sherwood Sherwood ?

If you have the medium range missiles loaded on your wings, you can launch one and probably take out an Armored Scout in one hit.
I'm not terribly familiar with weaponry mechanics, but a lot of missiles have an explosive radius effect. If we can damage whole groups of enemies it will save us the action cost of a called shot and more quickly dispense of the opponent to preserve our MDC protection.

So to me the question is: if we start tossing out missiles, are the enemies grouped enough to be in the blast radius? Sherwood Sherwood ?
I'll say that using the warheads with the larger blast radius, you can tag as many as 3 at one time. The smaller missiles like the Short Range HEAP don't have a large enough blast radius to be able to hit more than one at a time.

What do you do or say to the trio of Bearmen standing there?
Are we dismounting from the giant robots, or walking through the hallways in giant robots and talking to them through speakers? I think mine is forbidden to transform until I fire all the extra missiles or something, but I could be misremembering.

It seems like it's best to leave the talking to the Karbarran or the LT here.

The Beta fighter can go into its middle 'Guardian' mode and still keep the missiles on the wings without a problem.

At this moment, you are in a large ore storage chamber that is big enough to fit all of your mecha in it, but you strongly suspect that the corridors are going to be much too small to be able to accommodate your full sized Veritechs. But you do have the smaller Cyclones and the Silverback that you can use instead.

The question does remain, do you dismount from your mecha? You can use your external speaker to communicate with the three Karbarrans, but you'll have to step out to get into your smaller Cyclones and Silverback.

If the corridors are going to be too small for our mecha, I'd say we've got no choice but to switch to the Cyclones/Silverbacks.

Speaking of, this might have been indicated before, but what kind of units will the Invid have access to here?

The Invid have two kinds of units inside the place; Soldiers which are humanoid and stand about 7 feet tall and are used for fine work that the larger mecha cannot.

1627500785181.png

There are also two of the Garn Inorganic units. They are physically tougher than the Soldiers, and will take more hits before they are destroyed.

1627500851044.png

Yes. Your Cyclones and the Silverback in Brac's Beta are built to do this kind of work.

I think that our biggest concern will be in keeping the miners safe. Even with their strength and heavy mining gear, they will need us to pull in the heavy guns and missiles on our vehicles.

How does ejecting the Silverback work in the Beta? Is it like the Alphas and the Cyclones where you can have it ejected out the back in Battloid mode or out the bottom in Guardian/Fighter?

I don't remember seeing Silverback ejection actually happen in the show...

The Silverback is stored in what used to be the bomb bay.

AFAIK, if we stick with the official material from the series, I don't think that the Beta even has a spot for a Cyclone. I know that the Alpha has a Cyclone located in its chest, and in my opinion, the Betas should have one, too.

I never even watched the show, so I'm gonna be totally in the dark here. ^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back