• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Vyxx

Overaggressive Support
I never really know how to start these, it feels like I'm standing up for a presentation in front of the class. I guess first things first, I'm Vyxx but also will answer to Jenna/Jen. I'm 28, in school full time and also working. I'm really lazy when talking ooc (the spelling/grammar is there but capitalization usually isn't) but that doesn't carry over into IC shenanigans. I'm a sap for romance in my RPs, but I don't want it to overtake the entire plot. I also prefer my partners be 18+ just because anything younger makes me personally feel a bit uncomfortable (I think it makes me feel old more than anything).

I haven't done any rping in a long time and I'm feeling very rusty and maybe a little anxious about it. My reply lengths will usually match my partners content, however I have to admit I'd rather have 2-3 paragraphs of heavy content so we progress quickly as opposed to 19 paragraphs and 2 of them are giving me a hardcore description of grass or something. I'm a busy person, I like to get to the point so the replies come faster and we can get into the juicy action packed stuff.

I generally prefer discord over on-site dms because I'll get the notification but I won't refuse not using discord - although if using it for ooc chatting is an option while keeping the RP here is an option I'd jump at it.

I have a couple fandoms I'd be willing to try. I haven't got any thorough plots for any of them but I'm absolutely willing to sit down and brainstorm together to find something that would keep us both happy.
  • Star Wars - I prefer OCs for this, and Clone Wars era is my favorite. Big fan of sith x jedi pairings for ultimate drama and angst.
  • Overwatch - Love the game, I've put way too much time into it. Definitely something I'd want to discuss before agreeing however as I find it a bit difficult to really feel out any of the canon characters while also struggling to create a solid OC
  • World of Warcraft - I outright refuse anything that isn't strictly OCs with WoW, and I love when both parties are able to play multiple characters. WoW is such a massive universe, I love having several stories going on at once that we can intertwine. I love exploring The cross-faction aspect too, where two characters that have been programmed to hate each other based off of nothing have to come together and realize, hey, maybe they're alright.
I'm open to a lot of original stuff as well. Feel free to throw anything you've been itching for my way and I'll see if it's something I can get a character idea for.

Alsoooo I've read a little comic online called beauty and the beasts. It's cheesy and kind of awful and I am shamelessly addicted to it. I'd love to take the concept of it and try to make it into something we could enjoy.

In the comic the boring af mary sue MC literally trips and falls into an entirely new world filled with generically named "beastmen." They have a human-esque form (they generally retain at least one animal trait, ears and a tail are common, a scratchy tongue is also present for cats, long split tongue for snakes, etc), and a beast form which is just your regular animal body, but they maintain the ability to speak. Think Animorphs, but primitive and tribal. Certain species are also able to take a half-and-half form, these aren't anything that runs on all four legs though.

Women are treasured because there aren't many and generally they take multiple spouses because there are few of them. Each species is a part of one massive clan, there's a king and queen to each but it isn't a monarchy. Anyone who defeats the king claims the title, for offspring to take the throne they must defeat their father. There is one massive city where all the species can congregate, but there's a lot of cunning politics happening in the background. Secret allegiances, plans to kill, stuff like that.

Cold blooded beasts aren't found in the city despite also having huge clans. They're much more solitary and tend to go off on their own so their politics are pretty unknown. To the rest of them however, these beastmen are considered feral and thought to be monstrous and evil.

Males have simple marks over their bodies that act as a display of their strength. Most have 1-2 the strongest have 5. Females obtain marks on their bodies that represent their spouses, it's simple and resembles the species of the male it represents and it will fade or disappear if he's severely injured or killed.

Males put a lot into protecting the female that has accepted them as they numbers are so low, so losing one is undesirable. It's also devastating to the males she's taken as spouses because they don't claim multiple women. If they lose theirs, that's it. If they're rejected by her after being made spouses, they basically become husks that leave society and run off to be angry hermits. They refer to these also as ferals, likely because the general conception is that they are mindless and driven by nothing but pure instinct to live after their abandonment.

Like I said, a lot of it is corny and a bit dumb. Very cliché. It's got me hooked though. We don't have to take the exact plot or anything from the comic, I just want to take the general idea and expand upon it to create a little world we could both appreciate playing in.

I'd be interested in the Star Wars RP idea, and while I haven't read the comic, the story sounds interesting enough to pique my interest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back