• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Tsukaima
Millenium Hero
Mentions: PauciloquentPumpkin PauciloquentPumpkin

The fights up until now have been fun. Though all of her opponents were too shady for her liking. It's like they didn't have a trusting or fun-loving bone left in their bodies. Total zombies to caution. Either way, this final match could be different. Tsukaima has won her matches thus far. Simply since she knows how to take a punch and grab someone at the same time. Her wrestling-like fighting style has helped her tremendously in getting this far. Between fights, Tsukaima watched the monitors. Not to strategize, but simply to watch the other fighters in awe.

Tsukaima had been watching, stoked to fight Ollie as she rose the ranks. The last match was disappointing at best. Stil Tsukaima didn't make it this far to think thoughts like that. Can't disrespect an opponent after all! She walks into the arena, a very large grin on her face. Seeing Ollie wave, she waves back. Her grin goes from ear to ear. Ollie rushes towards her and Tsukaima holds out a hand despite the starting of the match. The skin-tight shackle unmoving as her hand raises. "Yo! Ollie, right?" Tsukaima has attempted to start most of her matches like this, though all opponents thus far have declined her handshake, fearing it as a trap. "Name's Tsukaima! I hope we have a wonderful match!"

Olga "Ollie" Bykov (Crash)
With WeslynExistsNow WeslynExistsNow @ the Fighting Arena​

Although it appeared as such, Ollie did not stop because her opponent raised their hands. Ollie never braced for attacks, though she was expecting a punch. To her surprise, it turned out to be a hand extended in greeting. Ollie looked at Tsukaima, squinting her eyes. Since this was an event for budding heroes, she figured that it'd look bad on Tsukaima if it turned out to be a deceptive trick to gain the upper hand. "Yeah, I'm Ollie. It's so nice to meet you, Tsukaima," said Ollie cheerfully, a smile spreading across Ollie's face as she took Tsukaima's hand.

Ollie, no longer sure how to proceed, decided to take a step back and put up her hands in a poor attempt at mimicking a boxer. She hoped that this could goad her opponent into striking like her original strategy was. The announcer commented on their sportsmanship while the crowd went wild, excited for the match to start. Unsure if she should feint an attack, or circle her opponent, she decided to stand there and squint her eyes in a poor attempt to look like she was calculating her opponent as she prepared to attack.

Tsukaima
Millennium Hero

This plan of Ollie's work well. Tsukaima was skilled at a few things. Reading people was most definitely not one of them. She prepared herself, also squinting her eyes. "I guess it's about time I get serious huh?" She spreads her arms in a wrestler stance, preparing herself to grab Ollie at a moment's notice. Her eye squint is also for no real reason. Maybe to try and look intimidating, maybe to make her think the only thought going through Tuskaima's head is: 'Oh my god, someone actually shook my hand here!!! She must be a good person. I like her. I hope we can be friends after this. Oh crap, what if she thinks I'm weird for shaking hands in a match? No that's dumb, otherwise, she wouldn't have shaken.' All this heavy thinking comes out in the form of a deep breath slowly exhaling. It could be easily mistakable for concentration on Ollie, but that's not at all what it is. She circles around slowly, keeping her back away from Ollie.

With WeslynExistsNow WeslynExistsNow @ Fighting Arena​

Ollie felt stupid as she held her hands up. It felt unnatural and weird. Tsukaima's wrestling stance made Ollie second guess her strategy, though she wasn't sure what else she could do. Worried that dropping her guard might invite them to wrestle, which Ollie knew was a bad idea. As Tsukaima circled her, Ollie thought about trying to taunt her into attacking, but quickly dismissed that idea. It just wasn't who she was. Feeling like she exhausted her small pool of ideas, she returned to her original one. She dashed in with the intention of stopping before she reached Tsukaima in the hopes of baiting a strike.

Tsukaima
Millennium Hero

Tsukaima welcomes her rush, as Ollie rushes in front of her. While she still has momentum moving her forwards, Tsukaima moves forwards. The goal is to make sure Ollie can't back away to avoid her. She immediately rushes for a grapple, aiming to grab her stomach and throw her to the ground. Tsukaima doesn't really care if she gives Ollie momentum when she slams her to the ground, but that's because she doesn't care much if Ollie becomes harder to fight. That might make it more fun for both of them.

Olga "Ollie" Bykov

Ollie didn't expect for her opponent to dash forward to meet her. Tsukaima tossed her to the ground. She let this happen, not even bracing herself. This provided Ollie with a bit of energy, not much, but she had the strength and speed of a well trained fighter now. With her momentum suddenly stopped, it was easy for her to recover. She rose to her feet and turned to face her opponent. She was no longer worried about holding her faux boxing stance. She dashed towards Tsukaima with her increased speed, throwing out a couple of punches, her lack of technique showing as she tries to plow through. Ollie knew it likely wouldn't be enough, but she was hoping she could lure out further attacks in response to her boosted power.

Tsukaima
Millennium Hero

Tsukaima laughs, letting the punches hit her. "That's more like it!" She has a wide toothy grin, only flinching a bit when the punches land. She keeps her stomach guarded, making sure it's hard for her to lose her breath. Her head is ready to weave to avoid knockouts. "So it's when you get hurt or something you get stronger, right?" She laughs a little. "That's so cool! No wonder you got to the end of this tournament!" Tsukaima keeps her cool incredibly well despite her opponent's power-up. This was still a bit troubling in regard to her chances of winning, but she could still win as long as she's careful about it. Not that she cares if she wins, this is just a fun thing to do. Tsukaima grabs one of the arms flailing towards her, smiling and watching for what Ollie does to grapples.

Last edited:

It was clear Ollie didn't have the strength yet to injure her opponent. Ollie was worried she wasn't even phasing Tsukaima. Ollie smiled at Tsukaima's comment, though she doesn't return the banter. Ollie's latest punch was foiled as Tsukaima grabbed her arm. She threw a punch, connecting with Tsukaima's arm, causing it to bend and recoil a little. Ollie, having only discovered her abilities within the year, still wasn't a master at them. So Ollie wasn't aware that her power was going to run out mid-swing as she threw another punch at their arm.

Ollie's fist collided pathetically against Tsukaima's arm. One might even assume the roles were the reverse of her first fight, when Grizzly pathetically tried to attack Ollie. Her eyes widened at the sudden loss of power. She gritted her teeth and grunted as she tried to yank her arm away, but Tsukaima's grip was absolute. She tried to pry their fingers away, but just ended up scrabbling uselessly against them. Due to their height difference, Ollie couldn't reach their body with her hands, so she prepared to launch a kick at her side in a last ditch effort to release herself.

Tsukaima
Millennium Hero

Tsukaima took the kick to the side, but without much power backing Ollie up, it's didn't alter Tsukaima's grip. She was, however, very confused when Ollie's punch slowed down mid-air. Was she holding back? That's upsetting, but at least it means she might want to become friends afterward. Tsukaima wrapped around her, using her grip to move Ollie in front of her. She pulled Ollie's arm behind her back, pinning her onto the ground. There was a bit of a thud as Ollie hit the mat, but with the grip of Tsukaima, the match was basically over. She'd won every match the same way as she planned on winning this one: submission. "I don't get why you went softer mid-fight, but I think I get it." She smiles "You didn't want to hurt me so we could be friends afterwards, right? Well don't worry, I'm really durable so next time we fight you can go all out!" She laughed, her adrenaline wearing off as the bruises ache a little. She simply waited for Ollie to give up, planning to keep her pinned until she did.

Tsukaima deftly brought Ollie to the ground, pinning her down. The impact gave Ollie a bit of energy, about the same as the earlier throw did. Despite this, Tsukaima's superior positioning and leverage left her unable to tear her arm away. She wriggled around a bit, trying to find a way out of the situation. Tunnel vision began setting in as she panicked. Noises started to fade as her vision narrowed. She was barely able to register Tsukaima's words. Unable to free herself from Tsukaima's grip, Ollie pushed against the ground with her free hand. Slowly she began to lift herself. Her back arched as her shoulders came off the ground. She began to slide her knees inwards, but just as her body began to lift, her power gave out, bringing her back down to the ground. Ollie yelled with exertion as she thrashed about, trying to find a way to get herself loose.

The announcer's voice echoed throughout the arena, "It appears as though Olga's batteries are running dry. She likely used up all of her energy in her first fight. It's still impressive she made it to the final round. What's this? It looks like Tsukaima has masterfully immobilized Olga! She struggles, but doesn't seem to be able to free herself, will the judges call it? ... Indeed they do, the judges are saying the match is over, Olga is incapable of continuing the match, Tsukaima is the victor! What a stunning display of skill versus pure power! Way to go Tsukaima!"

Soren and crew

After stuttering and finally managing to get out of the awkward situation with the girl with ice powers, Soren returned to the rest of the crew. And the girl. The hero. Ugh. Nevermind. Soren wasn't going to worry over her identity too much. After apologizing profusely to Alexia after she finished her call, he idly asked Quincy: "Where's Johnathan and Markus?" Quincy just gave a grimacing smile, and pointed off in the distance. At that moment, a voice could be heard over the crowd...

"JOOOOHHNNNAATHAAAAANNNNN!!! COME BACK HERE!!!!"

Soren winced. Johnathan was not going to enjoy this next bit of his life. He was glad it wasn't him. He turned to face Alexia, and asked her, "So, how's life as a double idol and popular hero?" His eyes sparkled slightly at that. Of course, he was slightly poking at her. She was probably getting on fine. He idly turned his head, and saw that everything was already packed up. He gave a guilty shift of his feet, before distracting himself. "Anyways, it'll be a pleasure working with you, Alexia. I do have to thank you; so if you ever feel the need for some good food, just ask!" At that, Quincy made a mock retching sound. "Oh, YOUR terrible cooking?"

Soren turned around to face Quincy, and gave a slight roll of his eyes, before speaking in a mock hurt tone, "ONLY terrible?" Quincy raised a finger, and commented, "Good point. You're better than either Johnathan Markus. Those two are atrocious cookers."

In the middle of their chase, both Johnathan and Markus stopped to clench their hearts, before Markus glared at Johnathan, and the chase resumed.

Soren sighed, and turned back to Alexia. "Ignore him. Quincy's picky about his foods." Behind Soren, Quincy blinked in indignation.

Tsukaima
Millennium Hero

The announcer's voice rings around her. A familiar sound from the wrestling tournaments she's won. She looks to her enemy's face. It's frustrated at a loss like this, but that's understandable. Tsukaima would feel that in her heart too. Tsukaima releases Ollie and from her grip "Oh they called my pin. I thought I'd have to sit there forever!" She chuckles, standing up. She reaches a hand down towards Ollie with a big grin. "I look forward to having another fight with you in the future! If you ever wanna fight, just lemme know! I have a feeling this isn't the last I'm gonna see of you" She smiles down, keeping her hand extended to help Ollie back up. She's finally reached a level of strength where she can ask them. She needs further training, and there's only one more place to go. Though that can wait. First things first she needs to finish this up. If there's an afterparty for fighters, that would be fun too. After the dust is settled she can disappear and start the search for a mentor.

Leaving WeslynExistsNow WeslynExistsNow @ Fighting Arena​

Ollie was upset with how the match turned out. She averted her eyes as she took Tsukaima's hand. Her opponent seemed cheery and friendly, but all Ollie could muster was a faint, "Yeah," in response before walking off. She spent a little time gathering herself in the waiting area of the arena. She went out to explore the island in an attempt to help pick herself back up. This turned out to be a great idea. The huge number of different heroes were a wonder to look at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back