• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Flecker

I'm a legume
Hi! So a couple months ago I made a random piece of writing that I've posted here. While it's fun to write things alone, I think it'll be even better if some people are roleplaying with it. I like setting things up, developing the world, think of the new futuristic stuff that might be there and maybe sometimes roleplay.

The roleplay I'm thinking is something that happened after the whole thing in Transcendence is done. I decided it'll be better if I put down the abridged version here:

- The discovery of magic by the general public in 2030s lead to conflicts, ethical debates, political shifts of major countries around the world and most importantly massive technological leapt to the new age of Omnimatter and Mana.
- Conflicts that arose from the differing perspectives on magic resulted in three axes of the world. Sino-Indo-Arab Alliance, which oppose magic with strong preference of bio-augmentation and bio-modification to eclipse the power of mages; (europe) Union, which supports the magical transformation of humanity and developed a magocratic system of government; and America, emphasizing on the synchronization of biotechnology and magic.
- SIA Alliance's aggression triggered a major conflict with EMA (European Magical Alliance) countries from 2040 to 2045.
- The discovery of Mana and Omnimatter at 2046 halted the war for a couple years before resuming in an all out international conflict in 2050.
- The war shifted into magical-non magical war in 2055 as the EMA enforced magical supremacy and pushed China and America into the same corner of non magical nations.
- The combined effort of Sino-American task force successfully botched the EMA superweapon, a multicontinental ray of destruction using the energy of the sun. The task force intended to destroy the weapon, but an unknown party killed the entire task force and used the superweapon to annihilate EMA countries.
- Horrified by the weapon's terrible destruction and millions of deaths, the war ended and due to the abundance of Mana, magical people were encountered more frequently.
- Starting from the year 2060, it's established the earth is dying and the Terra Firma project is initiated.
- The year is 2100, ships are being sent out to space to find a suitable replacement for earth. Magic and non-magical people work hand in hand, no more animosity amongst humans.

I'm planning that the RP will take place on the RSV Erudite, a research vessel sent out to deep space to explore new regions. The ship will be filled with scientists, soldiers, politicians, doctors, engineers, entertainers and many different characters.

What do you guys think?

Hi! So a couple months ago I made a random piece of writing that I've posted here. While it's fun to write things alone, I think it'll be even better if some people are roleplaying with it. I like setting things up, developing the world, think of the new futuristic stuff that might be there and maybe sometimes roleplay.

The roleplay I'm thinking is something that happened after the whole thing in Transcendence is done. I decided it'll be better if I put down the abridged version here:

- The discovery of magic by the general public in 2030s lead to conflicts, ethical debates, political shifts of major countries around the world and most importantly massive technological leapt to the new age of Omnimatter and Mana.
- Conflicts that arose from the differing perspectives on magic resulted in three axes of the world. Sino-Indo-Arab Alliance, which oppose magic with strong preference of bio-augmentation and bio-modification to eclipse the power of mages; (europe) Union, which supports the magical transformation of humanity and developed a magocratic system of government; and America, emphasizing on the synchronization of biotechnology and magic.
- SIA Alliance's aggression triggered a major conflict with EMA (European Magical Alliance) countries from 2040 to 2045.
- The discovery of Mana and Omnimatter at 2046 halted the war for a couple years before resuming in an all out international conflict in 2050.
- The war shifted into magical-non magical war in 2055 as the EMA enforced magical supremacy and pushed China and America into the same corner of non magical nations.
- The combined effort of Sino-American task force successfully botched the EMA superweapon, a multicontinental ray of destruction using the energy of the sun. The task force intended to destroy the weapon, but an unknown party killed the entire task force and used the superweapon to annihilate EMA countries.
- Horrified by the weapon's terrible destruction and millions of deaths, the war ended and due to the abundance of Mana, magical people were encountered more frequently.
- Starting from the year 2060, it's established the earth is dying and the Terra Firma project is initiated.
- The year is 2100, ships are being sent out to space to find a suitable replacement for earth. Magic and non-magical people work hand in hand, no more animosity amongst humans.

I'm planning that the RP will take place on the RSV Erudite, a research vessel sent out to deep space to explore new regions. The ship will be filled with scientists, soldiers, politicians, doctors, engineers, entertainers and many different characters.

What do you guys think?
Can I join? I'm very intrigued and I got the perfect OC character! Though she has magic

Can I join? I'm very intrigued and I got the perfect OC character! Though she has magic

Alright! I want to add a bit more lore first.

Magic is extremely common post the world war, mostly due to the weapon operating with high amounts of mana and its blast on the world shook the world of matter to the point that the smallest chemical constituent of a human being was imbued with mana.

Though there are different kinds of humans in the post world war earth.

- Pure Magi: These are magicians with natural affinity for magic, they used to be common around 2030s-2040s due to the rapid interbreeding between mages and non-magical people, but the rise of magical supremacists with the ideology of not allowing magic to just be given to anyone triggered the birth of a highly engineered virus, (Nomag Virus) that caused Pure Magi newborns whose parents had been infected with the virus to be nothing more than a stillborn, the EMA annihilation also massacred Pure Magis all around the world. Pure Magis contributed to about 5-10% of the 2100 population and are usually children of noble or well-to-do background, they might also be descendants of Chinese sewer dwellers. Bioengineering and biomodification is almost never an option for the pure magis as most bio-enhancements devices were made using the Chinese mechanical and electrical framework with multiple mechanisms to actively disrupt, damage and destroy mana. Pure magis use of bio-modification usually led to a new form of non-sexually transmitted AIDS and frequently lead to complications which could result in the loss of magical ability in the most harmless case and death on the extreme. Normal births of these humans would allow them to control the magical forces to extremely refined point where they inherit the magical control of their parents (e.g. they can cast 'spells' and perform magical feats such as transformation to different creatures and many more. I'm guessing your OC is more like this then?)

- Bastard Magi: They come in two forms, born with affiliation to mana and those who used bioengineering to modify themselves to the point of being able to harness mana. The natural magis are usually capable of casting minor spells and have the natural ability to use mana in non-spell forms or abstract forms (telekinesis, physical performance enhancement, elemental affinities, mind-reading, etc.) , most bastard magi lacked advanced access to these abilities however, because these humans usually are found in post-war regions of Europe. Pre-natal exposure to extreme amounts of mana decreased their sensitivity to mana and made the children's magical potential much weaker than their predecessors. While strong animosity between humans have long thought to be gone, the bastard magi were still considered failures, magical society considered them retarded magicians while the non-magical society considered them strange mutants. Those who used bioengineering would usually hid their status as artificial bastard magis. People who became bastard magis through bioengineering were transformed not by choice, but by necessity, the Nomag virus's uncontrollable spread and high rate of mutation turned it into a lethal killer when they infect non-magical people. At first considered untreatable, it was later discovered it can be tricked to think that the host is a magician and thus transgenetic methods were developed as treatment for non-magical people to render the virus less lethal. Artificial bastard magis are also at high risk of mana addiction, as their bodies can't naturally process and produce mana. Mana vials were considered to be as bad as syringes. Further biomodification will affect their magical capacity much lesser than the pure magis, but due to the majority of bastard magis being impoverished, biomodification for bastard magis is a rare thing. In 2090s activism groups began to appear raising awareness on mana addiction, discrimination against bastard magis and fundraisers to research bioimplants to improve the capacity of bastard magis.

- There's a lot of debate on what a standard human would mean in the end of 22nd century. The standard human as viewed by mages are people capable of casting spells discreetly and behaved respectably. The standard human as viewed by the augmenters are seen as men with extreme amounts of efficiency and effectiveness. The standard human as viewed by the harmonizers are people capable of the highest levels of efficiency and effectiveness while maintaining their humanity. The introduction of magic was seen as an alternative to maintain humanity. Most humans in the eve of the 22nd century is a blend of both, born as genetically engineered humans who naturally have a sufficient affinity to mana, such that they can feel and harness them, but not enough that they deformed into the bastard magis, while also carefully exposing them to therapeutic procedures to reduce rejection of foreign implants and bio-augmentation methods. Their ability to harness mana is minor, thus they require the assistance of amplifiers, a headset-like device set to be in tune with their neural implant which allow them greater control/power over mana when worn. They are incapable of casting spells, but they're capable of manifesting abstract form of mana powered abilities. While receiving further implants won't harm their health, increased amount of implants slowly dull their mana processing ability to the point of incapable of producing any form of magic.

- Bionics: Despite the advances of genetic engineering and gene therapy, the hedonistic nature of humans was not a thing easily killed. Many middle-class, young, relatively popular humans found the prices of implants to be within their range and their interest in making themselves prettier, smarter, successful made them purchase myriads of implants, some of which are useless. The widespread usage of 3D printers and AI operated home surgery machines made installing and removing implants extremely trivial. Popular, top and high powered individuals were bionics. It's indeed a very common thing to see bionics at the top and a rare, sometimes amazing thing to see non-bionics in powerful positions. Unlike the young adults, these successful men are users of powerful augmentations to increase their success in their respective fields and chose to dehumanize themselves for the greater good. The implants ranged from normal implants that increase physical and neurological performance (implanted high performance computer, mechanical joints to increase range of movement, servo motors to increase speed and strength etc.) to pushing the limits of a normal human (carbon fiber organ reinforcement, bone implant to continually exploit Wolff's law to increase bone density constantly, implantable fuel cells and high powered micro chemical reactors to produce beams and energetic shockwaves, etc.). High rate of success of bionics made the majority of scientists thought of them as the next step of evolution, though public were skeptical as bionics were known to be abusers, heartless men and some conspiracies, which, strangely, has weight, suggested the bionics ideologists were responsible for the deaths of millions of lives during the world war.

- Supermen: On the extreme spectrum of the augmenters, there are people who loathed their human bodies and chose the salvation of the machines. They believe the next step of evolution would be the complete, total and voluntary abandonment of every aspect of humanity. There were different classes of these people. The most tame were the normal cyborgs who replaced nearly every part of their body with cybernetics component, their bodies were mostly mechanical and their brain is supported in a special region filled with life support devices powered by a highly specialized energy source using antimatter. The energy provided by the antimatter served as their lifetime, if they didn't charge it, they will die as if they've died a natural death. The limitless upgrades to the cybernetics components of their bodies allowed them feats beyond human comprehension, yet damages to the prefrontal cortex were observed frequently in the cyborgs, that they were considered as the coldest humans in the world. The mechanoids were supermen who threw away even the image of a human physicality and instead chose different representations of themselves. They freely model their physical appearance depending on what they thought to be desirable. Undoubtedly an extremely expensive procedure, they're usually eccentric people of privileged births, the machines moved according to their hearts' desire, while their brains are protected in vaults with powerful transmitters and numerous repeaters to ensure maximum connectivity. In the era of space travel, these repeaters were installed in several planets and after the discovery of chaos computing through portal creation, it became less necessary to use powerful transmitters. The most inhumane and the most recluse were the neural uploaders, they've transcended the physical world and transferred their consciousness to be simulated by multiple supercomputers. They were deemed illegal and unethical. Various mechanisms were implemented to limit the movement of neural uploaders through the webspace using powerful cryptography and layered connections, but usually they won the battle. As the modern governments would say, they're the new age terrorrists. Despite this, neural uploading was mandatory for every passengers of the spacecrafts, this fact also allowed neural uploaders to masquerade as normal humans boarding the ship and taking up residence with the ship's AI. Not all of them are malevolent, but most are emotionally unstable.

Huh. So like, magi-transhumanism. Could be interesting.
Yeah something like that, but the interactions are taking place in a spaceship, so random events about alien interaction, foreign planet landing and other dilemmas could happen.

So I assume that with the advancements in human modification, there were similar advancements in other fields of technology (clearly in space travel) like military technology and the like. Also, from what I can tell strong AI could possibly exist?

So I assume that with the advancements in human modification, there were similar advancements in other fields of technology (clearly in space travel) like military technology and the like. Also, from what I can tell strong AI could possibly exist?
Yeah! I was about to write down another piece on further advancement in that field. They exist in two forms an artificially sentient being as an experiment on the creation of new lifeforms and purposeful AI like the ship's AI. Another thing which I think is interesting is one of the possible reasons neural uploading was a thing was so they can meld with the ship and actually control it as if they're inside the machinery.

Neural uploading exists too?
That adds a whole new level to stuff I could play around with, character-wise.

Yes right after computing advanced so much, it became possible for several supercomputers to simulate a being's consciousness.

Well, I already have a bunch of character ideas which are only tangentially related to magic lol.

Alright lol maybe you can message me about those ideas. I wonder if there are more people interested though.

Same, if still open. I have an idea for a re-tasked bioweapon (bioengineered soldier)/ Probably falls into the bastard magi category. Still trying to read the descriptions. (Really hard on my eyes. Probably going to have to copy and break them up offsite. Got tumors behind my eyes that make it hard to focus. Have to break up long texts into smaller bits. Can't read around animated gif's, etc. Used to read over 1000 wpm, so it drives me nuts.)

Nice! Looks like there's a lot of interest I still want to add more to the lore a little bit so I think we can officially start later tonight. Oh and I'll try to make it easier to read next time Mitheral Mitheral . Cheers.

Hi! Update a little bit. I'm still working on the starter post and some of the pages for it. I don't have any limits on how many characters/players will be in this RP and I certainly want to hear your suggestions or questions, if you have any, about the lore. I'm going to try my best to get it started tonight.

Hi everyone! I think the start of the RP is going to be delayed a little bit, so look forward to sometime tomorrow morning.

Hi everyone! I've set up some things take a look here:

Main Thread:

OOC:

Characters:

Lore:

Mitheral Mitheral PlusUltra PlusUltra Moomba Moomba Caffeine_Obsessed Caffeine_Obsessed Nokumi Nokumi

This sounds cool. If time permits, I would potentially be down!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back