• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Alejandras had spent the time preparing in his quarters with his colleagues, all working diligently night after night. His work was finished.

Alejandras sported a completely new set of cybernetics, from the support on his spine, his arms, and his legs.

Al's arms had been fully remade, complete with integrated weapon systems, and elbow rockets on each of the arms, able to accelerate up to 30 meters per second. Each arm had been specialized to fit a specific purpose. Al's right arm was focused on close-quarters combat, and as such sported additional hydraulics behind his wrist, knuckle-mounted plasma cutters, and a large collapsible circular saw between his hand plates, of which was made of a graphene-carbotitanium composite alloy and tipped with a diamond blade. The armor plating on his right arm was rust colored, and much thicker compared to that of his left. Shock absorbers had also been installed at every joint. Al's left arm was focused on ranged combat, and had a similarly wide range of weapons. On each side were a pair of high-energy plasma repeaters, capable of firing a plasma round every quarter of a second. On the ventral side of his arm was a magnetic launcher, which fired high-density lead slugs. Al's knuckles sported compressed air tubes which fired electrical hooks, outputting a maximum wattage of 500 milliamps, or enough to kill a single person five times over. The main weapon on his left was a large triple-barreled rotary cannon. The armor on his left was jet black in color, and much more sleek compared to that of his right. This armor was made of a graphene-carbotitanium composite alloy, as with all additional armor pieces.

Al's spinal support module had increased area for coolant and fuel cells, and features medium plasma ray shielding, a still experimental technology made to destroy any matter that reached past the shield. Al's legs had retractable supports and stabilization electromagnets, along with kicking hooks. His leg and spinal armor were grey in color, and made of the same composite alloy.

Alejandras walked to the bridge, still coping with the additional features. He wore a white tanktop and buckled shorts.

Sil stood in the lift, armed to the teeth. Over her usual black bodysuit, she wore a long black overcoat made of Kevlar-like material, interwoven with andepolarizing metallic mesh for dispersing energy-based weaponry. Body armor wasn't usually her thing, but this wasn't a stealth mission or assassination. This was war. Cambion wasn't going to go down quietly, so she had to bring the noise. Her XG-55 was slung over her shoulder by its strap, with a double-capacity power cell bulging from its stock. An abundance of knives adorned her body, all in places she could reach them quickly.

She had a bladed submachine gun strapped to her left thigh. A DZ-38 "Scythe," an old Tymari weapon. A railgun-style SMG that spewed tiny bits of metallic shrapnel at such a high rate of fire, most victims thought it was shooting laser beams. The Scythe is less of a gun and more of a "i want to cut people in half from across the room" device. The sound it makes is like if God unzipped his fly and pissed hot death on whatever son of a bitch is unlucky enough to find himself in front of it when the user squeezes the trigger.

They don't make 'em like they used to, Sil thought as the elevator arrived on the bridge. The Scythe, like so many Tymari weapons, has been out of production for over half a century. The first one she ever saw was in a glass case in Maxxon's office. She found this one on the black market a few months ago and snatched it up. Didn't care about the price.

Sil had also changed her jack knife's blade, opting for the diamond-tipped variant. Not real diamond, of course. Real diamonds had impurities; this one was artificially made, harder than any naturally-occurring mineral in the universe, and sharpened to a three micron edge. She kept it in a black case under her bed and hadn't used it since... well, she hadn't used it in a very long time. Let's just leave it at that.

As the elevator rose to the bridge, she idly wondered if Sauphira's blood was still in the teeth of that chainsaw-like blade. She had cleaned it very thoroughly, all those years ago, but one can never be too sure, right?

Roaschanna Silmaris marched onto the bridge, like a soldier reporting for duty. She gave the ITF salute, partially as a joke and partially because why-the-fuck-not, then relaxed, taking a moment to size up Al. "Nice," she said, which was about as close to a compliment as anyone would get from her.

GolemGuy GolemGuy Siren77 Siren77 Jagson Jagson animegirl20 animegirl20 Bard Bard Bard Bard

“Honestly.” Ezro turned to face Alice and Jacen who had both addressed him in a similar manner. “Absolutely fucking not.”

Turning back to face the vaguely memorable Rock planet, Ezro’s face was solemn and focused but his eyes spoke caution.

“I have this strong feeling in my core that something is gonna go wrong with this. Maybe it’s just me being paranoid, but I can’t help but worry this time around. I’d be happier if you all snapped to your senses and recognized the danger of this, but given there’s not a chance of that happening I don’t have much of a choice.”

As everyone else arrived and joined the crew awaiting to land, Ezro prepped the ship for a jump landing. The Titan would cruise at a high altitude, low enough for the gravity of the planet to take hold so that they could jump out and make an entrance on their own without having to land the whole ship. Ezro wasn’t about to endanger the whole crew, so having the ship run on auto and cloak up at that altitude was the best way to keep everyone else safe from the Cambions Wrath. With the ship cloaked and their party jumping from the spacecraft, they’d be able to enter the planet undetected to rally their Wahlru allies before taking on the cybernetic abomination.

“Everyone equip one of these altitude destabilizers. As opposed to worrying about parachutes or any thing like that, these single use tools will keep clean up to a minimum save for if any of you lose your lunch. Once activated, it’ll set off an altitude reading, and once we’re about two miles off the ground it’ll finally register and engage the system. You’ll feel like your gliding as it slows your descent and makes it so you only feel like you fell about ten or so feet. I’ve double checked their programming, so they’re working as specified.”

“Once we make contact with the ground, Al will lead us to his rendezvous point with our allies. After which we’ll plan from there for our attack against this metal monstrosity.”

Just as Ezro finished his instructions, the ship automatically engaged the cloaking protocol and stopped moving downwards and instead sailed forward around the planet.

“Looks like it’s our stop.” Ezro spoke as he attached the tech to his chest and activated the Bridge bag door to open. He then strode over to the opening and awaited everyone else to join him. “Everyone ready? Three, two, one, deploy!”

With that, The Captain was the first to jump, boldly launching himself from The Titan and letting himself begin his fall down to Bhalaja down below. Wind whipped by his face as he fell, with his body angled to nose dive as to make his voyage through the atmosphere all the more quick. It was a couple minutes before finally the device on his chest began to beep over and over again followed by a hissing sound as the machine engaged. Sure enough, the gliding sensation hit Ezro as he neared closer to the ground, and it wasn’t long before he touched down with a solid drop to the stone beneath him.

Looking up toward the sky, he awaited everyone else’s arrival next to him.
animegirl20 animegirl20 AnonyMouse AnonyMouse Jagson Jagson Bard Bard Bard Bard
GolemGuy GolemGuy

Jacen looked out of the ship and let out a breath. He took five steps back before running towards the exit. He put the destabalizer on before jumping out of the ship. The wind from his fall felt like a train hitting him as he slowly made his way towards the ground. He closed his eyes and thought of his son. He was lucky he was able to run into him during his Nimerian trip. Of course he and the Flying Aces crew agreed to keep his identity secret incase any one was snooping around.

He landed on the ground a couple minutes later. The landing was the furthest thing from perfect hitting the ground like he was doing a belly flop into a waterless pool. He picked himself off the ground and checked for injuries before moving out of the way so that the others would be able to land.

Ezro response was a bit worrisome. She couldn’t tell if he was just being paranoid or not. When everyone arrived Alice equipped her sword and laser gun. She then grabbed a destabilizer and attached it and listened to how it worked. Once they made it to their stop Ezro jumped first followed by Jacen. Alice followed afterwards. When she landed she moved over to where the two were so Sil and Al had room to land. Alice stood next Ezro and then glanced around the area. “Great now I’m starting get a bad feeling about this.”
Jagson Jagson Siren77 Siren77 AnonyMouse AnonyMouse GolemGuy GolemGuy

Sil moved closer to the door and strapped on her destabilizer. While the others jumped, she surveyed their surroundings. Better to do it now, from altitude, than to wait until she was in freefall or on the ground. From this height, she couldn't see much. Just a rocky, barren planet, glimpsed through layers of cloud cover.

Ezro went first, then Jacen, and Alice third. Sil did one last equipment check, making certain all of her weapons were secured, and then stepped off the edge of the ramp into nothingness. She tucked her arms and legs in, plummeting like a dart through the upper atmosphere, then fanned out to control her descent once she breached the cloud cover and could see the landing zone and surrounding landscape. Below her was rocky landscape, blown with wind and sand. A chilly wind whipped against her face as SIl descended.

The destabilizer activated after a few minutes of freefall. About fifteen feet from the ground, Sil flipped forward and landed in a crouch, down on one knee. She stood and brushed some nonexistant dust off her shoulder as she strode up to the others.

Siren77 Siren77 Jagson Jagson animegirl20 animegirl20 GolemGuy GolemGuy Bard Bard Bard Bard

Alejandras had waited for the other members of the crew to jump before he did. Finally, as Silmaris exited The Titan, Alejandras was soon to follow. He leaped from the Titan, securing the destabilizer to his back. He could feel the cool air whip past his body and he plummeted down the clouds of Kyunder.

He held his limbs to the sides of his body as he began to fall, and he fell quickly, the stronger gravity of Bhalaja was sure of that. He saw the ground below, it was a coastal mudflat. Vast expanses of soft, salty mud covered the ground below. They'd have to act quickly before the tide came in.

His destabilizer activated twenty feet from the ground, giving him just enough time to brace his fall with his arms. He stood up, his arms baked in mud, and strode towards the rest of the group.

Once everyone was present and accounted for, Ezro looked over his own equipment to make sure nothing was missing before turning to Alejandra’s.

“Alright Al, you can take over from here. Lead the way, we’re right behind you.”

"Ute and I got a small bunker-type area about two clicks forward. The terrain over there is too rocky to land on. I suggest we make it there before the tides rise."

Alejandras began to walk forwards, stepping over seemingly shallow puddles as he went along.

“Roger that, let’s get on the move then before we attract any unwanted attention.”

That said, The Captain pick up a brisk jog and followed Al in the direction he had pointed out.
GolemGuy GolemGuy

Jacen walked behind them at a decent distance keeping their rear guarded. His head aches continued to mess with his brain. He shook his head trying to have the pain receed.

"Mhm," Sil said with a nod and began to follow along, staying near the rear. She drew her XG-55 and kept watch. She wondered what high tide on Bhalaja looked like. If this were Tymar, this entire area would be under dozens of meters of water at high tide, but she doubted Bhalaja had any such extremes. i wonder if we can use that to our advantage, she thought. How much would Cambion's maneuverability suffer in muddy conditions?

As she covered the rear, she noticed Jacen shaking his head. He seemed... off.

"Are you okay?" she said as she walked beside him. Her question may have sounded like she was showing genuine concern, but Sil was all-business when on a mission. Right now, she only cared about how functional he would be in battle. That probably sounded heartless, but she preferred to save tenderness for after the hulking death machine is reduced to scrap.

Siren77 Siren77 GolemGuy GolemGuy Jagson Jagson animegirl20 animegirl20

Jacen looked over at her. There was a slight bit of anoyance in his look. "I'm fine." He said a bit harshly. "Focus on the mission." He said as he looked forward. He continued walking staying a distance away from the crew as he kept his eyes open for anything.
AnonyMouse AnonyMouse

After Al jumped he lead the way to their destination. Alice walked quickly behind Al and Ezro with Sil and Jacen behind her.

About 20 minutes soon passed, with the group managing to hike effortlessly through the Bhalajan terrain and territory. While Al led the way, Ezro continued to eye the surrounding area for any signs of either an ITF convoy or a black Mechanoloid Behemoth. While the former would make a bigger ruckus, the latter would very well be their undoing.

Soon, it came time for them all to arrive just on the outskirts of the bunker area Al had described.

“They’ll know we’ll be arriving right? The last thing I want is to be blown off the face of this planet by any deterrents they might have for ITF forces.”

animegirl20 animegirl20 AnonyMouse AnonyMouse Jagson Jagson Bard Bard Bard Bard
GolemGuy GolemGuy

Jacen took a century spot near the bunker and looked outwards. His headache turned from a migraine to a slight annoyance as he held his position.

Theros was doing paperwork before a red light started to blink. He saw it and stood up. He walked past his desk before kneeling. He pressed the button as a navy blue skinned woman with long sky blue hair appeared infont of him.

"My Queen." He said as his yellow eyes met her red ones.

"Status report Theros." She said. Theros stood up and looked at her. His eyes telling her the whole story.

"The ITF is going to implode soon. Different rebel factions have appeared all over their territory. I've been having my operatives try to stomp out the flames." He said. "When they come I don't think the this government will be able to stop them.

She nodded looking at him with her cold eyes.
" I want you to leave. Of you can't quell this flame then I want you with your people combating the enemy at the gate."

He nodded knowing she was right. His mission here had truly been a bust.
"I have one mission I must complete. Then I'll come back to you." He said. She nodded before ending the transmission

Alejandras dismissed the question. "Ezro, this here is the far outskirts of the Kyunder Industry Zone. There's no ITF monitors around here, just mudlurkers, carcasses, and an abandoned bunker. If there were any ITF monitors, they wouldn't last long. When the tide comes up, mudlurkers just pop out, nasty bastards." Up ahead, the entrance to Ute's bunker was visible, if just barely. There was a large depression in the mudflat, which led to a more than hidden thick bunker door.

As the crew would reach closer to the bunker door, the more irregular the form of the mud was, seeming as if it had been dragged or pulled, and many holes around 50 centimeters in diameter had began to appear at a higher frequency. "Watch you don't step in the holes, those are burrows. Unless of course you want to loose a leg."

As Alejandras said that, his foot slipped into a burrow he hadn't seen. He quickly attempted to move his foot out of the way, but it was no use. A long, white worm-like creature popped from the burrow, a sharp beak clamping down on his leg. Alejandras quickly reacted and stepped on it with his other foot. The creature slithered down back into it's burrow. The sun started to darken, quickly. "Ah fuck, it's the solstice eclipse, let's hurry up!" Alejandras shouted, moving much more quickly as before.

Alejandras placed his foot on the titanium floor of the Bunker. The Bhalajan moon was starting to pass in front of the sun. He opened a small external keypad and plugged in a few buttons. "Ute, it's Al. I'm home."

There was a short pause before the sound of pounding feet could be heard inside. There was a mechanical hiss as the doors of the bunker opened vertically, and a wahlru much shorter than Al stood at the entrance. They had light grey skin ant much more facial hair than Al. "Alejandras, get your ass inside you magnificent bastard!" Alejandras laughed and gave his old friend a small hug. "The door's gonna close in a few seconds, reckon your friends should get in here quickly."

As they got closer to the bunker door Al told everyone to be careful not step in a hole and that moment his foot slipped and stepped in one. Suddenly a warm like creature came up from the burrow and bit him. Alice almost tripped when she saw the warm creature come out. "Whoa!" She caught herself before she fell and kept heading forward to the bunker. But then the sun started to darken. Alice looked up. "Is that-"

"Ah fuck, it's the solstice eclipse, let's hurry up!"

Alice looked ahead and moved quickly to the door. When they reached it someone greeted Al. Alice quickly made her way inside before the door shut.
Jagson Jagson Siren77 Siren77 AnonyMouse AnonyMouse GolemGuy GolemGuy

Jacen walked in he slightly bowed to Ute out of respect before getting into a comfortable position. For some odd reason his head wasn't in the game. All he could think about was Wanabu. Of course thinking of the man sent a phantom pain threw his robotic arm. He let out a breath as he waited for the others.

"Mudlurkers?" Sil said under her breath as she followed Al through the muck. She carefully stepped around the depressions indicating lurker burrows. When one popped out and latched onto Al's leg, Sil drew one of her many knives. He handled it on his own, but she wasn't taking any chances and wanted to be ready if anymore of the slimy little fuckers got any ideas.

They reached the bunker just as the moon began to block out the sun. The way Al didn't seem surprised by this gave Sil the impression this happened often on Bhalaja. This changed things slightly. Cambion could probably see in darkness, so having the battlefield suddenly turn to night could be devastating. Or maybe she was overthinking it.

She entered the bunker after Jacen, who still seemed a little out of sorts. Sil still didn't put away her knife, but at least lowered it. She didn't like entering enclosed spaces with strangers, even if he was a friend of Al. Nevertheless, her tone was polite --but prepared-- as she said, "hello, and thank you for having us," as she stepped into Ute's bunker.

GolemGuy GolemGuy Jagson Jagson animegirl20 animegirl20 Siren77 Siren77

“Even still, one can never be too cautious my friend.”

As Ezro continued marching behind Al, he heeded the Wahlru’s words and avoided the sink holes present amongst the muddy ground that the crew tread upon. He wouldn’t have to do so for long, as soon enough they were just at the threshold of the bunker, and once the large door swung open the Captain followed Al inside and held the door open for the others to follow inside.

After everyone was in, he shut the door and let it seal up before turning to face the interaction going on. Though he didn’t say much, and only chose to listen intently.

"Ute, have you contacted the cells?" There was a moment of silence. "I'm afraid that... that the emergence 'Cambion' has disbanded or destroyed most of them. Only the Eastern Kyund, Raedericke, and the Global Wahlru Resistance are large enough to put up an actual fight. We've got around one-eight. That's fifty. Everyone else had either seen enough grief, or had different, much more important plans. We've gotten enough arms from the BBM and other cells to put up one hell of a fight though, and a few smaller ones have agreed to be alert for reinforcements." Alejandras was silent for a second. "Not what I had hoped for, but expected. That Cambion is a one-man-army." Uteleses nodded in agreement. "I'll notify those we have. The eclipse will only last for a few more hours, and that cyborg has been attempting to pinpoint where we are. I suggest we prepare for the worst."

Alejandras turned to the rest of his crew. "We've got about around two hours until the Cyborg can even think about coming here. The bunker right now is completely submerged, and mudlurkers are out there. Even with the Cambion's armor, it can't best mudlurkers in their territory."

Sil listened as Ute laid out the current state of affairs. Cambion had utterly devastated the Wahlru resistance forces, leaving only a fraction of what they had before. She found it odd that the ITF would send that thing here. They usually didn't resort to such heavy-handed methods. The ITF had the firepower to subdue entire planets, but usually used clever tactics, and propaganda to control the narrative. Cambion was a bull in a China shop, leading her to wonder just what the endgame was here? What the hell had the people of Bahlaja done to earn such a violent response... or was Cambion's presence here some kind of freak accident or the work of one rogue officer?

Silmaris stepped forward and offered her hand to Uteleses. "Roschanna Silmaris," she said as introduction. "Part-time assassin. Full-time cook. I have a few questions, if you do not mind. Have you found any weaknesses in Cambion's defenses or exploitable aspects of its hardware? You say the mudlurkers can slow it down, right? if that is the case, a battlecruiser can do far worse. Why not have the Titan hit it from orbit and be done with this?"

GolemGuy GolemGuy Siren77 Siren77 Jagson Jagson animegirl20 animegirl20

“The Cambions fully prepared to take on orbital assaults, that’s why. I’ve been monitoring this updates and progress via Bjørn’s date files on his data pod. They tried walling off his access to those files after his death, but it doesn’t take much to break their security measures. It’s fit with overhead sensors that can detect any sort of thermal irregularities and determine a point of safety to avoid it. With how fast it is, it’ll be able to avoid anything we or any other force in the system can throw at it. Now something like Operation Tron, which is a fully scale planetary assault weapon that attacks in a massive area would be able to destroy it, but given technology like that is strictly under the ITF’s forces we don’t have a chance in hell at intercepting it. Fighting it head on is our best bet if we’re all still dead set on taking on this beast of a machine.”

He looked to Silmaris, “It’s also fit with camouflage breakers of every kind to see through disguises be they natural or otherwise. This thing is built to see through any facade, nook, and cranny of a plan and destroy it in an instant. But, given we’re unpredictable pirates who are mad enough to take it head on, it most likely won’t be expecting a fully frontal assault from the ground. Both you, Alice, Jacen, Kal and I are crucial in taking it out given our superior speed above our Wahlru companions. They’re job is to distract and lay on as much firepower, while the rest of us focus on targeting any potential vital points we can think of. Like I said though, I analyzed its updates and schematics. It’s armoring is full proof, only a barrage of damage with break through to its vitals.”

Ezro then looked to Ute, “But this is just my batshit crazy idea. I don’t know what you had planned, so if you had any other strategies then I’m all ears.”
GolemGuy GolemGuy animegirl20 animegirl20 AnonyMouse AnonyMouse Bard Bard Bard Bard Jagson Jagson

Sil sighed. "Where I come from 'unpredictability' is a lie told to soothe the ache of defeat. I want to be predictable. I want Cambion to know exactly what we are doing... and then do the opposite. That is what it means to have a plan, captain." She gestured to Ute and Alejandras. "Surely, there is a smarter way to go about this than, 'shoot it until it stops moving?' I assure you, Cambion is just as adept at killing humans, Delrothi, and Tymari as it is at killing Wahlru. We have two hours to figure this out, Ezro. I may have called you a fool more times than I can count, but that is only because I know you are smarter than this."

Siren77 Siren77 GolemGuy GolemGuy Jagson Jagson animegirl20 animegirl20 Bard Bard Bard Bard

Users who are viewing this thread

Back