• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Paranormal Investigation Club's Daily Activities

Lore
Here
Other
Here
>> (Write in: Choices.)
Even if I'm under the tremendous pressure of my incoming death, I attempted to make a last-second thinking if anything in this room within reach can save me. Throw the tea at the monster's eyes? I doubt it'll work and if I did do it, I'll get eaten first before I throw the hot cup of tea at it. Call for help? No one's going to save us. Negotiate, since this monster is an intelligent human after all? I don't have anything negotiable that's worth my life. Jump to the ground? Yeah, I'll survive, but I'll end up with broken bones and feel intense pain. I'll die after that anyway, so I'd rather not prolong my life, agonize in pain, and die than die a quick death. Maybe I'll awaken my supernatural powers split-second before I die? I'm neither a kid nor an otaku anymore, so I don't believe something that impossible can happen. Although, I admit that that situation was the least likely to happen, but the possible At that moment, I just deemed it was impossible to do anything this situation. If only I didn't drag Aiko and Takahashi into this, they would've at least lived one more year before they turn sixteen. They would've enjoyed their high school life before dying if only I didn't take them here. It was all my fault that they witnessed the truth of this world in exchange for their life.

My life flashed before my eyes. They say, at the verge of death, that your life is flashing before your eyes because you're desperately trying to search a way to survive somewhere in your memories. My childhood memories and memories with my parents and friends all played in fast-forwards in my eyes. My life as a middle-schooler as well, showcasing the craziest and cringiest stuff I did. Cosplaying even when at school, wearing an eye patch for two days straight until the school principal called me out for it, drawing ancient Mayan texts on our room's blackboard, my meeting with Aiko and Furuka Maika, my confession, my sudden change in personality, and until now. It all played in my eyes like a movie. My life was certainly fun, but I decided to end it by changing myself and letting my curiosity take over me. It's as they say, curiosity kills the cat. By diving in into the rabbit hole, I found myself in a dire situation where I could neither go back up nor find somewhere else to hide in. I looked at both my friends. Aiko looked scared as hell. Though she retained her composure until earlier, it seemed that she couldn't hold it back right now. Takahashi, on the other hand, looked terrified and it seemed like he was more than ready to jump. In fact, he's practically leaning dangerously far into the window. One more push and he'd fall down to the hard ground littered with rubble. I'm guessing that I have the same expression as the two of them.

My deja vu activated. Out of the corner of my half-closed eyes, the second before the monster jumps towards us, ice magically formed on its feet. A green film surrounded the three of us in a circle, separating us from the monster. It looked like... a forcefield. I thought that kind of thing only exist in science fiction? Every second, a wave of visible green lines came from below and towards the top of the circle. Other than that, it was practically invisible. The opened door suddenly closed on its own yet it looked liked someone closed it from the inside. After that, I saw a matchbox float above the monster, still struggling to remove the ice on its feet but to no avail. I first thought it was the dream that came after I died, but a few seconds after that, I came back to the real world and what happened in that scene actually happened seconds after that.

It was extremely difficult process what just happened. I looked at both Takahashi and Aiko to see if they actually awakened supernatural powers, but they looked surprised as well. The matchstick that was brought out from the floating matchbox was lit, producing a weak fire. The cold wind from earlier died down, so the fire kept going. Any natural light that comes into contact with the demons automatically transforms them into their human form, and it seemed like fire was counted as natural light. At that moment, the monster-nurse became the school nurse I knew so well. Her hands and feet were literally frozen to the floor and she looked less menacing and also stupid unlike her form earlier. "You damned kids... To think I was lured into a trap!" The nurse's expression of anger and frustration were all directed to us tree. "And to think there are six kids who've awakened... I'll kill you all." After making that threat and statement, the fire was blown off as the cold night wind blew inside the room. The nurse attempted to transform once again but it was slowed down due to her awkward pose with the moonlight was touching her as well. Suddenly, she was knocked out cold, her body limp to the ground with both her hands and feet still frozen in place. Her head jerked towards the ground in a weird way, as if an invisible force hit her in the head.

I was about to ask what the hell just happened, until two figures appeared in thin air. Despite being in the dim moonlight, I recognize the two of them well. The one holding the matchsticks with her silky black hair tied into a ponytail was Furuka Maika, staring at the nurse with disgust, then she looked towards me with the same expression in her face. The one with the blonde hair who's closest to us was our class president, Fukari Sylvia. She was most likely the one who hit the nurse in the head. With a reassuring smile in her face, she said to us the most gentle and calming way possible, "Don't worry, you guys are safe now. But before telling you anything, can you please close the window?"

---

The moment after she said that, me and Aiko fell down to her knees and the purple-haired girl broke down, crying onto my shoulder. I don't know if she was crying because she was saved from what she thought was inevitable death or if she released all her pent-up feelings earlier, but it was probably both. Takahashi, on the other hand, reached his limit. The very moment his adrenaline died down, he fainted. His side fell down the hard floor without anything to cushion with. Aiko also fell unconscious as well, her body going limp with her remaining tears falling from her eyes. I took a deep breath, relaxed, and tried to clear my mind. It was impossible to do that after experiencing something that would most likely traumatize us, but I gathered my thoughts and looked at Furuka, who seemed ready to answer all of my questions. I took another deep breath and said to her, "Start talking."

"I'm pretty sure you've heard the truth about this world earlier, so I won't repeat it. I'll tell you everything you'll need to know about the current state of this world, the remaining humans, the powers, and why I told Syl to tell you to stay until 6:30 today,"
She was about to continue talking until I butted in. "Then, this nurse--this monster, the one who chased us to death and traumatized us was all your doing?" I asked her in a serious tone, yet she only chuckled. "That's right, though I wasn't expecting that you'd hide here. We were planning to save you if you ran away or tried to escape all that time, but I had confidence you would all awaken your powers." Satisfied and still a little confused with her answer, I nodded for her to continue.

"Right. She said that a deal was made that would let us, the remaining humans, live until the age of sixteen. Actually, it's not only that. We were given the power to fight them. All surviving humans have at least a specific set of power that would allow them to gain an edge over all demons, but it's sleeping within us. If we wake up, if we open our eyes to the truth of this world, we also unlock the power to fight them. But that comes with consequences. Waking up means devoting what remains to our sixteen years of life to fighting them. I have the Power of Ranged Combat. You know how I was able to throw a tennis ball like a baseball with a front spin, without having to play any sports at all? It was my power at work. And within those powers are the skills we utilize. For me, I gained kinetic vision and spatial awareness. The ability to calculate the distance, power, lift, and direction needed to hit my target without giving it a second thought. Give me a gun or a bow, and I'm pretty much unstoppable." Furuka chuckled. She looked at Sylvia, who was injecting something on the nurse's neck using a vaccine. Sylvia shook her head, and she looked at me. Furuka looked towards me as well and put her palms together. "I'll continue talking tomorrow. It's better if you get a good night's sleep after everything you've experienced today." I was about to tell her that I'm okay, but I felt my head and my whole body weaken. I fell down the floor as I fell unconscious as well.

---

I woke up. My sleeping mind still felt like it was on shutdown, and even though I remember bits of what happened last night, it registered to me as only a dream right now. I slowly opened my eyes, and even with my vision blurry, I can make out the obvious parts of the ceiling. It was obviously not my room, and I can only hope it wasn't the club room. And why does it feel like my head was laying down on a pillow? It feels like this has happened before... Another case of my deja vu, then?

>> (Write in: Reasonable actions only.)

Last edited:
Idea Idea Thepotatogod Thepotatogod ElenaIsCool ElenaIsCool Posted! Starting now, I'll start putting the criteria for the serious write ins that would really affect the plotline in a small scale or not. The last one made me laugh lmao
Reasons:
Yeet the tea
Shove something into her mouth
OTAKU MODE (includes last second anime power awakening)

Also, welcome Fill Fill ! If you'd like, I can start putting a summary of what happened from the first post to the last, excluding the latest one, so you can catch up.

>> (Write in: Look around.)
Year 1| Week 1| Wednesday | Summer

I sat up as I attempted to shake off my grogginess and sleepiness. The moment after my vision cleared up, I immediately recognized where I am, and what happened last night. I stood up, my feet silently making its way towards the window. As I opened it, the smell of sweet, fresh air welcomed me. The cool morning breeze gently made its way inside the club room. I knew, and I saw with my eyes, that the world was supposed to be ruined. However, the scenery wasn't even a little bit close to that. The trees filled with leaves and healthy branches were standing tall and proud around the school and the town, and the roads weren't covered with rubble. The houses as well, were in perfect shape, just like how they were. It was then that I remembered what the demon nurse said to us. Everything was just an illusion. One of the kids that was playing at the playground might be a demon. Maybe the man in a business suit was a demon. Because of the 'truth' I was exposed to, I nodded to myself that I shouldn't trust anyone. That is, except for the ones that I'm sure were humans. Aiko, Takahashi, Furuka, and Sylvia. They, including me, were the only ones who knew the truth. Speaking of them...

thumb-1920-882822.jpgI closed the window and turned on the air conditioning, because it's bound to get hotter by afternoon. I looked around the room, trying to look for anyone. If one of them at least showed up, it would be a relief. With the current state of the world, just having their presence would give me a little bit of comfort. Occupying the two parallel faces of the room were bookshelves, filled with, well, books, and shelves and drawers filled with stuff I don't even want to look at. I just assumed that the drawers were filled with emergency rations and maybe some things used for demon killing or whatever. On the far end of the room was a door that led to the storage room. My instincts told me to go there and so I did. My silent footsteps were the only sound present in the room, as well as some faint ruffling coming from the room. Before I opened the door, my deja vu activated. I don't even want to describe what happened to me or what I saw, but it will go the same way as it actually happened.

As soon as I opened the door, I saw a blonde-haired girl turned behind me, probably wearing clothes or stripping them off, since I can see her bare skin on her back. The two of us froze as we were probably trying to process the situation. However, I regained my senses when I saw Takahashi lying down in front of Sylvia. I didn't see his face quite clearly, but judging from what I was seeing, they were about to do something... something high-schoolers should do yet. I knew Takahashi was a pervert, but how did he manage to convince Sylvia? Yesterday, she was the class president liked by students and teachers alike. A role model and a leader. Right now, from my perspective, that image of hers slowly crumbled into pieces. As a respectful student who learned from my kind parents who were probably demons as well, I closed the door and muttered, "I'm sorry for the interruption. I won't tell anyone," I said but I insulted Takahashi as much as I can in my mind. I spouted words I normally wouldn't say in public.

"Nooooo! You've misunderstood, Akaki-san! It's not like thaaaat!" She cried, banging the door despite it being unlocked.

---

"Oh, so that's what happened. I got you. Mm. Mm. Yeah, makes sense." I spoke in a monotone voice. "It sounds to me like you're not believing me at all..." Sylvia retorted, her hand contracting to a fist as she looked at me with tears in her eyes. Beside her was Furuka, patting her back to comfort her. "Now now, Syl. I told you that you should've just changed your clothes behind the couch."
"But Akaki-san was going to see me!"
"You could've used that as an excuse that he was peeking and you can him all you want."
"Ah-- That's right... I should've listened to your advice. I blundered, and it won't happen again!"

Basically what happened was, Sylvia woke up early, so she decided to change her clothes while everyone, except Maika, was still asleep. Since she saw signs of me waking up soon, she decided to change her clothes (which was the school uniform by the way, and you'll know later) somewhere, where I wouldn't see her. Through elimination, the only choice she got was the storage room where Takahashi was still sleeping soundly. I believed it, of course, but my monotone voice that made it seem like I was doubting her was my way of teasing others.

I stared at the conversation between Sylvia and Furuka. Both of them were saying something about me getting physically abused by them even if I'm not at fault at that situation, but I didn't even dare to make a remark. The three us were sitting in the chairs with three cups of coffee over the table, one for the each of us. Parallel to me were the two bestfriends who just concluded their meaningless chatting. "Also, Akaki-kun, I hope you enjoyed your sleep." I'm usually not dense, but even I didn't understand what she meant about this. I tilted my head and asked her what she did to my sleep, but the only response that I got was a small laugh. "In case you're asking, Takahashi-san is the only one sleeping in the storage room. As for Kidou-san... I don't know where she went."

My eyes widened. She went somewhere without informing anyone? Didn't she know how dangerous the outside world is? She knew the truth as well. Besides, why would she go away in first place? Just as I was about to finish my coffee and try to find her despite how risky it is, Furuka stopped me. "It's better if you stay here, Akaki-kun. I've known Kidou-san for a year now, and she isn't the type to pointlessly wander around while knowing the risks. She must have had a good reason to go." Even if she said that, there was still doubt in my mind, but it was cleared up by her next sentence. "She'll come back, Akaki-kun. She's your... girlfriend, right?" There was a slight pause on her last word, as if she hesitated to say it. Furuka also smiled, but it seemed rather forced to me. She wasn't looking at me, at that.

My shoulders relaxed and thought of what to do. I might as well ask them some questions while both Furuka and Sylvia are still here.

>> Continue where Furuka's lecture left off last night.

>> "You said something about powers, right? Do you know what's ours?"

>> "Is there anyone, other than us, who're still asleep?"

>> "Do you have something to eat?"

>> "Why are you two still in school uniforms?"

>> "Where's the demon nurse?"

>> (Write in: Questions regarding characters and lore. Time for some world-building!)

Oof , I didn't even get the notification for the previous one. Any chance at a small summary of what happened? takki takki
Here ya go, I managed to squeeze everything in just two paragraphs:
Hiroshi, Aiko, and Takahashi were now on the verge of death. The nurse, who was actually the demon that was trying to murder them from the start, has now cornered them inside the Paranormal Investigation clubroom where the trio chose to hide. There were a number of things Hiroshi could do to delay their death, but it dawned to him that it was inevitable. The truth of the world came to them, and their eyes opened to the reality they didn't want to see. Having accepted their fate, something strange happened. Ice formed on the demon's legs that kept it from moving. A green fluctuating field surrounded the tree in a spherical shape, separating them from the demon. The three didn't know who did that, but before they knew it, the demon was knocked out, transforming back to her human state as a matchstick hovered above her. Furuka Maika and Fukari Sylvia, who was holding the matchstick, appeared in thin air and after they assured the trio's safety, Takahashi and Aiko immediately passed out, with only Hiroshi the only conscious person.

Taking advantage of this, he asked Maika to explain everything. The term sleeping or asleep is figuratively used when a human still hasn't opened their eyes to the illusion the demons have placed on them. However, if they started to show signs of the real world, it would mean that they are waking up. As they awaken, they gain supernatural powers the same kind the demons have, like a reward for seeing through the illusion and giving the chance to fight the demons back. Furuka Maika has the Power of Ranged Combat while the powers of others are still unknown. From the corner of Hiroshi's eye, he saw Sylvia injecting something on the nurse who was now in her human form. And that moment, Hiroshi passed out.

Last edited:

This seems like extremely useful information to get our hands on.

Also, our MC right now, whenever he sees a stranger:

Captura de Ecrã (479).png

>> “About last night, does this mean or parents are demons too?”

Since you said that when people reach the age of 16 they get killed. What about the parents?

Just a question, should I bump the interest check for the last time? I've noticed there's a decline in users making choices and I know that having at least one person here would be enough to keep this going, but should I bump it in hopes of getting new ones?

Just a question, should I bump the interest check for the last time? I've noticed there's a decline in users making choices and I know that having at least one person here would be enough to keep this going, but should I bump it in hopes of getting new ones?
Well, I'm sticking with ya to the end, so you'll always have at least one person. So it depends on what you feel you need to be motivated to write it up. If you feel like you want more people, then I absolutely encourage that you bump the thread. If you feel you have enough to keep rolling without getting discouraged, then you can leave it be.

Well, I'm sticking with ya to the end
I love you dude
If you feel like you want more people, then I absolutely encourage that you bump the thread. If you feel you have enough to keep rolling without getting discouraged, then you can leave it be.
That said, I feel like there's no need. Plus, I think it's hard to take in at least 15+ posts of plot and character interaction, so I'll just leave the IC as it is.

If people do want to join, then they're free to do so.

1 - "You said something about powers, right? Do you know what's ours?"
2 - (Write in: “About last night, does this mean our parents are demons too?”)

>> (Write in: “About last night, does this mean our parents are demons too?”)
“About last night, does this mean our parents are demons too?”

It was only one of the many questions that formed in my mind that came first. I pretty much knew the answer to this already but I needed confirmation. Then, we heard the door to the storage room open as our eyes gazed towards it. Takahashi was walking out of the room as he looked like he was still half-asleep. His bright orange hair was a mess and his clothes were wrinkled. He did look like someone who just came out of their bed. I looked at my clothes, which didn't look as messy as Takahashi's. "Perfect timing, Takahashi-kun," It looked to me the poor boy was still processing what was currently happening as he probably thought he was still at his bedroom in his house. Sylvia stood up, held his hand, and pulled him to the seat beside me. Have this two been always this close? Close enough for Sylvia to hold his hand unconditionally? As I got a closer look at Takahashi, he had the face that said something like, "So everything is true after all". He probably hoped that everything was just a dream while he was still inside the room. I mentally apologized and paid my respects to him by saying that everything will still be fine after this, despite us knowing that our lives weren't going to be the same as before.

I ignored the matter between Sylvia and Takahashi and went straight on with the question. When I asked them the question, Furuka paused. Sylvia looked at her in a worried way. Was there something wrong with the question? At first, I didn't know that the question seemed to carry weight. But when they explained, Sylvia's worried expression didn't seem to direct to her friend. It was directed to us. "Actually... Me and Syl thought that a good time to raise the topic of your parents was when we're sure that you three, including Aiko, have finally adjusted to the change. Since you've brought up the topic..." For the last time, Furuka looked at Sylvia. She confirmed if it was alright to tell them, then she proceeded to continue. "Yes. Your parents are demons too. Takahashi," Furuka looked at Takahashi, who still seemed half-asleep, but he was still listening despite the experience last night. This boy can't handle the paranormal, yet here he is. What tenacity this guy has, but it's not like he had any choice though. "Do your parents live at your house?" He shook his head, quickly answering the question. "They are currently living in England, and they're sending me money so I can take care of myself. What a drag, right?" He forced a laugh, trying to carry the heavy weight in the atmosphere that didn't seem to contribute to anything. Why did she have to ask that question? I was asking if our parents were demons, and nothing more. It was then that I assumed that there were something more to it. "My mother and father lives at my house. They work at day, they go home at night." Furuka paused, probably preparing herself to say her next statement.

"Akaki-kun. You have to kill the demons in your house."
I noticed that she didn't use the term 'parents' but rather 'the demons in your house'. I low-key knew that in my mind. Having awakened to the truth, and almost every living being on Earth was our enemy, it wasn't surprising that the ones that were closest to me when I was still asleep were demons as well. While I viewed the random people in my memories as demons, I viewed them as humans. They aren't as evil as that demon nurse from last night. There was no reason to kill them. Even though... "I understand," I said with my head lowering down, but my pained and lying reaction said otherwise. "How do I do it?" Furuka responded. "Well, you aren't going to kill them literally. With our powers, we can't kill those demons. They are only accessories that would make our mission simpler. That's why we have these."

She grabbed something out of her pocket and on her hand was a small syringe filled with transparent crystal blue fluid. It was probably what Sylvia injected in the demon nurse's neck before I passed out. "This is PRKCZ, Manipulation Type, also called as the memory killer, but we use the term 'medicated water' as the codename. One year after the 'deal with the devil', the surviving scientists and researchers from all over the world developed a drug that might just be what will save humanity. If this is injected into a demon in human form, they'll forget every interaction, every memory, even the habits, when they were with a real human. It erases our existence, in short sense, but it's incredibly useful. Let's say there was a demon who discovered that we're awake. Since we also knew that they knew that were awake, if we inject this into the demon's neck in human form, they'll forget about us! But that comes with risks. Let's say that the demon was our classmate that's on good terms with us, and they even became our friend. They'll forget about us completely. But, the demons are aware of this drug. If someone gets an amnesia and a demon on the high ranks discovered it, everyone will be on alert. If our presence is discovered by the majority, we'll be good as dead meat."

I didn't take me long to process everything, but it was still surprising how our actions behind the scenes can influence everything. It was... scary. Such a big responsibility was placed on our shoulders. As if Furuka seemed to read my mind, she said, "Don't worry. We all share the same pressure." That made me a little bit better. On the other hand, Takahashi let out a big sigh of relief. "Alright. I'm all ready for this. I might piss my pants for real if I see another demon, but I'll strangle them with my hands alone!" He made a punching gesture with a determined yet scared look in his face. This guy... He might be a klutz at some times, but his presence alone can calm me down.

I realized one small thing that didn't seem to fit with her explanation. "Furuka-san--"
"Call me Maika."
She said with a smile on her face. I paused to think but quickly dismissed the matter. "Maika-san, I recalled that the said deal was made decades ago. We weren't even alive by that time. In fact, how are we even alive now? And how did you know about that?"

She quickly answered me. "The information came from someone." She didn't answer my first question, but the second question didn't give me too much. So I tried asking again. "That didn't make sense. Maika-san, who--"
"Akaki, not now."
Sylvia intervened. I was about to snap until I noticed the pained and wretched expression Maika has. I calmed down, and tried to think of something to change the conversation. My question was answered, after all.

>> "Is there anyone, other than us, who're still asleep?"

>> "Why are you two still in your school uniforms?"

Idea Idea ElenaIsCool ElenaIsCool Posted! More world-building, but this post will be the last one full of info and dialogue, at least for now.
Do you guys often check the interests checks even if the RP already started?

Do you guys often check the interests checks even if the RP already started?
For an RP I'm on already? On occasion if I get a notification from it, but not usually.

I'll insist on my previous vote, for the reasons previously stated.

"You said something about powers, right? Do you know what's ours?"

My question seemed to raise up a more curious atmosphere around us as Takahashi and I stared at Maika. She only shook her head as a response and pointed at the person sitting beside her, who was her best friend, but Sylvia only gave as an awkward smile and reasoned, "Later. Kidou-san needs to be here, and I refuse to repeat my words after being said once." Makes sense. With that, we should wait after Aiko is here. When I was about to relax, the sliding door that led outside opened, and the person standing there was Aiko. Her purple hair shone in the morning light, her school uniform looked neat and ironed but most importantly, she was as beaming as ever. Though I refused to believe that I let myself be captivated by her even though she was my girlfriend, in reality it felt to me like time slowed down as I stared at her while I internally thanked my middle-school self for his brave confession. Hiroshi, you normie, you can just die. I silently thought to my mental self. While I was staring at her, Takahashi smacked me in the back so hard that I felt vibrations go towards my innermost brain. It was more than enough for me to snap out of her charm.

"Stop staring for too much, you damn normie. Just die." His words were almost identical to what I thought earlier. There was playful grin on his face that indicated it was a joke, but the force of his smack said otherwise. Sylvia broke out into a small laugh due to what Takahashi did while Maika, on the other hand, had a small smile in her face. For some reason, it activated all alarms in my mind which probably even activated my deja vu. Her smile was so unsettling, my other self kept saying "Yandere!". I, a former otaku, knew what the term meant, but I was oblivious to the fact why she acted like that. My thinking was interrupted when I noticed Aiko gaze away as she became self-conscious. Cute. She swiftly changed the mood as she started speaking, "Um, the truth is, I've known this whole thing since last year when me, Hiro, and Furuka were still studying in same middle school. Takahashi-kun, Hiro-kun, I'm sorry for keeping my mouth shut!" She bowed down in apology, and quickly straightened her back after that. "All I did was go to my house, take a shower, and replace my clothes. I left without saying a word because I didn't want to wake anyone up, and I had the feeling Furuka-san and Syl-chan wouldn't let me go out alone. Ehehe... " She said apologetically to the two girls.

After Maika gave it some thought for a short period of time, she just sighed and nodded. "Just don't do it again, Kidou. The next time you do, we won't let you in. Got it?" Aiko nodded after receiving a short scolding from Maika and took a seat beside me. And with that, all five of us were here. I checked my phone which was still fortunately in my pocket.

7:45 | Wednesday

We have less than an hour before the school full of 'human demons' starts so we have to get out of here as soon as possible. Maybe that amount time would be enough for Maika and Sylvia to answer all of our questions. "Now, getting back to your question earlier, Akaki-san, I do know what your powers are. Maika's power is the Power of Ranged Combat. I have the Power of Reconnaissance. It allows me to camouflage and blend in with my surroundings, like a chameleon. In short, I can turn invisible and make it look like I vanished from thin air when viewed from a perspective. Oh, and I can also turn any one object invisible. I did that to hide myself and Maika when you three entered the room." Oh, so that explains it. That's how she did it, when I was talking to her for the first time just outside of this room. That first time was a time when every piece was still fitting into place in preparation for us three to awaken. "I can gather information, steadily survey an area without getting caught, be able to know the power of an awake person at first glance and its abilities, and most importantly, I can--" Sylvia's words were cut when Maika nudged her shoulder. Then she continued speaking but she didn't continue what she said earlier about her powers. Instead, she answered our question directly. "Aiko-san has the Power of Absolute Zero. She can produce not specifically ice, but generally anything below zero temperature. She can conjure ice, liquid nitrogen, and the such at a short range but most effective when on contact. The ice that kept the demon nurse from jumping towards them was her doing. Takahashi-kun has the Power of Protection. That green fluctuating forcefield from last night was his power, and even if Aiko-san's power didn't activate, there'd be a shield that would keep it from going towards you. There might be more to his power, but I don't know the other details yet."

Then Sylvia looked at me. Right now, I can probably guess what my power is. Sylvia stood up from her seat and started walking the opposite direction from me. The crumpling sound of paper can be heard as she walked away, then she stopped. Though she was facing away from us, she was still particularly close and had no idea what she was about to do. "Akaki-san has the Power of Future Observation. He'll know what will happen in a specific period of time from now. The deja vu that you were experiencing these past few days? It was your power activating. It can activate at the most random times but it mostly does when you're in danger. Akaki, you don't have fast reflexes right?" When Sylvia asked me the question, I can feel little killing intent coming out from her. "What d-do you mean by that?" I stuttered, and it really seemed to me like she was going to kill me if my power, my deja vu, won't activate as soon as possible. Then it activated. I saw Sylvia throw a crumpled paper at me directly towards my face. Even if it was just paper, my forehead felt really painful from the impact. She did throw it at me without mercy. There was, in no way, I can dodge when a projectile hurtles towards me in that speed, even if I happen to have crazily good reflexes. Once my power deactivated, I put a hand into my face to protect myself as quickly as I can. As expected, I felt the paper hit my hand.

As I put my hand away, I felt a surge of relief inside my body. So the deja vu was true after all. I knew that it was true all along but I needed confirmation. I can now rest easy and put my full trust in my power. I thought, then another paper hit me in the head. I looked at Sylvia confusingly, then she proceeded to walk towards us to sit. "Five seconds." I didn't give any response as I didn't know what it meant. Just as when I was about to ask to give some context, she continued speaking. "That's how far your power views into the future. Akaki, starting now, you have to practice changing your habits into something that will allow you to move after five seconds have passed. In short say, just delay for a short moment of time. It's just a precautionary, but when trouble comes, you'll be able to escape even when you're in a pinch." I nodded. Satisfied with my answer, I relaxed and put my shoulders down. The other two, Aiko and Takahashi, were still processing. I can't blame them though.

"Now that all is sorted out, let's get ready for school." Aiko said with that same, monotone smile on her face.
"...Huh?" School? What does she mean by 'get ready for school'? This school is full of demons acting as humans. There's no way we can live with them. Plus, now that I know the truth, I don't know if I'll be able to keep acting normally towards other people/demons. We're going to die next year anyway, so why do we have to go to school?

---

Aiko explained everything, and even if we know the truth, we have to keep acting naturally, like nothing significant has happened to our lives in just one night. It's a way of hiding ourselves, like blending in with the others so we can avoid detection that we've woken up. Since it was about time to go to school anyway, she allowed us to wander given the fact that we should tell no one about everything. The Paranormal Investigation Club, its whereabouts, its existence, its members, and everything. That rule is absolute, and breaking it would endanger us.

Now then, what do I do with this short time of freedom?

>> Go to the classroom.

>> Go to the bathroom to at least fix myself and look neat.

>> Wander the school.

>> Go home.

>> Wander the city.

Steve Freeling Steve Freeling Idea Idea ElenaIsCool ElenaIsCool Posted! Took me a little longer than intended, but here it is.
That's fine. Ya actually post decently fast compared to other lasting quest RPs I've been a part of.

Let's avoid looking like something happened to us, so as to not alert the demons that anything suspicious may be going on.

I do wonder though...who named the abilities?

Idea Idea Thepotatogod Thepotatogod ElenaIsCool ElenaIsCool Posted! Starting now, I'll start putting the criteria for the serious write ins that would really affect the plotline in a small scale or not. The last one made me laugh lmao
Reasons:
Yeet the tea
Shove something into her mouth
OTAKU MODE (includes last second anime power awakening)

Also, welcome Fill Fill ! If you'd like, I can start putting a summary of what happened from the first post to the last, excluding the latest one, so you can catch up.

I'm glad you enjoyed that. I was thinking you'd get a kick out of it. Also, don't worry about me. I'll improvise. I like being a wildcard. lol.

Idea Idea Thepotatogod Thepotatogod ElenaIsCool ElenaIsCool Fill Fill Steve Freeling Steve Freeling I have posted, and I apologize. I took a short break, and that's all. Anyway, here it is! Finally setting up the world lore.

Speaking of this, for some reason I didn't get notifications but whatever. I'll improv like I said.
Who needs to fix their selves? We've probably got crazy anime hair after all that.
>>I say explore the city.
Get a few drinks. Kick demon butt. Raid a vending machine. Who needs to obey the law when demons rule everything, right? Stick it to them.

8:00 | Wednesday

At this time, the demons disguised as students were starting to go to school. After my eyes opened to the reality of this world, how can I keep my composure if I ever interact with one of them? I don't have the ability to distinguish between a sleeping person and a person disguised as a demon during the day, so by default, I would always act unnatural if there comes a situation where I have to interact with them. Despite that, I'll do my best not to act like someone that has an extreme social anxiety. Where do I go now before classes start in thirty minutes? There was an underlying thought in my mind that wandering the neighboring city wasn't a bad idea since everything that I'm seeing right now is superficial. However, I'm not a rebellious person. I recalled Maika say that we should blend in with the mass as to not endanger our lives through detection and exposure of the secret; that we are awake. I'll be sure to remember that.

Sylvia still has her public image of a role model and the perfect student so she already went towards the classroom to socialize with her 'friends'. How can she be so calm while talking to those demons, and at such a close distance between them, at that?! I didn't understand why. As I thought of that, the image of Fukari Sylvia being a strategist and less approachable person than Maika hid on the back of my mind.
Maika was still in club room, doing whatever she needed to do after basically telling everyone to get lost even if there was still quite half an hour before classes start. I wonder what she needed to do there alone that she wouldn't even allow Sylvia to stay? I was about to place a small suspicion on her but I quickly dismissed it, as it would just be absurd.
Aiko was also in the classroom with the same reason as Sylvia. It's the third day of school, and she most likely became friends with everyone inside the classroom. As expected from the most extroverted person in the whole world. And since the human population declined, that statement might actually be true in a literal way.
As for Takahashi, I didn't know where he went. Since it's him, he probably just wandered around the school to gather up his thoughts after going through a traumatic experience yesterday. Me and Takahashi were the first ones who have awakened at that night so it was only natural for us to adjust to the actual reality of this world. Aiko was also with us last night, but she confessed earlier that she actually awakened a year ago.

After I summed up where everyone went after we separated, I decided to go to the bathroom. If I have to guess what I look like, I'd look like someone who just came out of bed wearing their school uniform from yesterday...

And as I placed myself in front of the bathroom mirror, I was right. My black hair was a complete mess, yet not one of them ever noticed it? My clothes were wrinkled and was in need of ironing. I sighed and fixed myself as much as I possibly can. I looked like someone who didn't sleep after watching late-night anime but it's still better than earlier. My phone vibrated in my pocket, wondering who texted me.

"Hiro, me and dad just went home. Why aren't you here? Did you have a sleepover at your friend's house?" - Yesterday (19:03)
"Are you alright? You haven't replied for a while now... Did you bring extra clothes with you for tomorrow?" - Yesterday (22:10)
"Come back later tonight, okay? I'll be cooking a hotpot. Invite your friends as well! I'd love to meet them!" - Today (8:03)
[3 unread messages from Mom]

Three heartwarming messages from Mom that made my heart melt. But I knew the truth of this world. Humans only live sixteen years of their live. My parents are over their forties, and they are wandering in plain sight. With no one paying mind to them, and since they work at night, it was safe to assume that they weren't humans. The idea of having to forget them, and forcing them to forget me using the amnesia drug, after they accompanied me throughout my whole life was something I couldn't express. Maika said it was necessary to delete their memories to avoid our exposure. Was there really no other way to do it? Was it possible to tell the truth? They're demons, but they cared for me unlike the demon nurse who tried to kill us last night.

"Sorry Mom. I'll be coming back later. See you." - message sent today (8:05)

After I sent that message, I saw something in the mirror. Something flew inside the bathroom from wherever it came from. I turned my back around and looked at the object that flew in and fell to the floor. "A paper...?" It was a folded piece of paper that probably had something written inside it. Should I pick it up and read it?

>> Pick it up and read the contents of the paper (and open up a whole new realm of possibilities).

>> Pick it up and give it to someone I know (because I'm something of a prankster myself).

>> Don't pick it up (and let my growing curiosity kill me).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back