• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Paranormal Investigation Club's Daily Activities

Lore
Here
Other
Here
「Admission: Start! Chapter 1」

takki

Bringer of Stars and Caretaker of Seals
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
There was a girl. A girl in a soaked white dress, just standing alone in the heavy rain. She stared at him with neither intention nor expression, like a still statue. Piles of rubble littered the gray, lifeless street. He tried to walk but it seemed to him like he was stuck in place. He can neither talk nor move any part of his body. The girl looked away as she finally showed an expression on her face; something that seemed to be between sadness and regret. Then she looked at him straight in his eyes. She strengthened her will and stretched her hand towards him, with her palm open. As she closed it, he felt something stir up inside his heart, which then exploded like a contained, miniature explosion. He didn't feel anything yet he somehow knew that something has changed within him. The girl in the white dress lowered her hand and she spoke with her voice full of weight and determination as if she was passing down a responsibility to him, "Wake up."

[Year 1 | Week 1 | Monday | Summer]

As soon as I woke up, my head exploded into an abrupt pain. My vision doubled and it looked to me like the whole world was getting flooded with white static noise. I held my head and tucked it in my legs in hopes of easing the pain, because if I endured the sensation any longer, I don't think I could still survive. And then, the pain just stopped. My vision returned to normal and the first thing that I saw was the open window. "Did I forget to close that last night...?" I asked, though I didn't even care if it was open or not. The alarm clocked started beeping annoyingly just right after I wake up. Sighing, I turned around and hovered my hand on top of the alarm clock. Even though I still haven't pressed the button, the clock stopped making its sound. "..." I gave no response but I was confused. The clock read 6:59 yet my alarm should only go off at 7:00. Then my alarm went off again and this time, the clock ticked to exactly 7:00. I sighed and ignored whatever just happened. I tapped my alarm clock to get rid of the beeping and got ready for school.

The first few hours of the day went by quickly enough for me not to notice that it was already homeroom.
tenor.gif
I sat on the back row and to the left of me was the window overlooking the town. It was a pretty refreshing spot to look at, especially when it's spring when the sakura trees bloom. Most students inside the room were either talking with one another or just minding their own business. In reality, I was waiting for someone to talk to me. If this continues, their first impression of me would be an anti-social person! And I even arrived earlier than most them... Then finally, the person in front of me faced his seat towards me and talked, "Hey, what's your name?" I turned my head towards him and... he just started to stand up and adjusted his seat to face me. "Hey, what's your name?" He asked. Something like this has happened before, like the one from my alarm clock earlier. Is this what they call deja vu? For context, deja vu is a feeling of familiarity to something that shouldn't be even familiar with. Well, for me, deja vu is a usually common phenomenon. I ignored it and answered his question
, "My name's Akaki Hiroshi. Akaki is my family name, Hiroshi is my given name."

"My name's Takahashi Makoto. Takahashi is my family name, Makoto is my given name," He flashed me with a determined and energetic smile and asked me, "Ask me anything!"
87bc43b8dfd583654723f5c9c7c67bcf3d66ca06_hq.jpg

"Anything, huh?" It seemed to me like Makoto wanted to be friends with me as much as possible, so in a short period of time, I tried to form a question in my mind to ask him.

What should I ask him?

>> Ask Makoto "Have we met before?"

>> (Write in)

Last edited:
>> What is the square root of pie?

(the spelling is deliberate)

>> (Write in: What is the square root of pi?)
Unable to think of any rational question that would deepen our newfound friendship, I asked Takahashi a mostly random question that came into mind, "What is the square root of pi?" The other guy quickly retorted, "What are you, a nerd?" I immediately responded, "You said that I can ask you anything. I did." Takahashi didn't bother answering the question and just sighed. Was he regretting that he made friends with me, or did he just sign in disappointment because he didn't expect an answer like that? Either way, it's not going to make me stop overthinking that Takahashi might stop talking to me after this interaction. "Anyway, my turn to ask a question," The orange-haired boy broke the silence between the two of them. "Have any girl in this class that catches your eye?" Ah, yes. A classic topic to put up while talking with other boys. I expected that in some time of our school year, I'd be able to talk this topic and other similar ones with other boy students. I didn't expect that it would happen this soon, especially with someone I just met.

tenor.gif
"I'll go first. You see, the one who's standing over there with the blonde hair is our class president, Fukari Sylvia. A half-Japanese, half-British. A role model to all the first years that can captivate all of the males in this school. She's really charismatic yet strict, elegant yet simple, the most importantly, her curves are all in the right places with the right angles!" Even though the pervert named Takahashi Makoto was whispering those words to me, it seemed like he really wanted to shout those words of praise if it wouldn't cause him a social suicide. Anyway, I gazed towards the class president. Fukari was talking with other girl students in our class and just by doing so, she looked so captivating that even the quiet and expressionless me agreed with every word Takahashi mentioned. "That's true, but she's not really my type," I half-implied but of course, it was a blatant lie. "I see... If you don't like those kind of girls, then you'd probably like--" I didn't completely hear what he said because I felt that was something was out of place.

original.gif
Out of the blue, I saw a glimpse of someone's finger poke my cheek. It came from my right, which means it came from my seatmate. Come to think of it, I haven't looked at my seatmate yet. When I turned my head to my right, the finger was right in front of nose. It didn't even make contact yet, at least that's what it seemed like from my perspective. "Oh-- I got caught~ I was about to poke you with my finger, but you moved before that happened. It's amazing that you noticed me in that short period of time, ehehehe~" Yeah, deja vu is a common occurrence, but it doesn't happen this frequently. Three occurrences in a day felt very abnormal to me. I was about to question myself what just happened until I saw my seatmate's face. A girl with short purple hair, paired with beautiful amber eyes and a cute face.

Alright, people with keyboards, who is she?

>> Hiroshi's childhood friend

>> Hiroshi's type of girl

>> Nothing. Just a playful seatmate who'll most likely be Hiroshi's best friend.

>> (Another write-in my dudes! )

Mentions: xAlter xAlter Idea Idea Thepotatogod Thepotatogod norway norway

>>Hiroshi’s type of girl
a trap

Let’s find out what this guy is into.

Though I’m starting to get the impression that either this guy had a lot of childhood friends he forgot, or we are in a time loop story.

>> (Write in: Hiroshi's Girlfriend)
"Umm..." I blinked a few times after my seatmate talked to me. Cute face. Short purple hair. She looks like... Then a flashback from one year ago suddenly happened in front my eyes.

---

[Flashback: Year 0 | Week 39 | Friday | Spring]

tumblr_n12zshlJaM1tqqiv9o3_500.gif
It was graduation day. Technically it was, but it's ending. The graduation program was done, many tears were shed between us third year students who managed to graduate. My experience in this school was literally a blast and I know that I'm going to miss it. Even I, Akaki Hiroshi, couldn't make a joke as the class clown and as Ze Otaku in the whole batch of third years when everyone was busy recollecting their experiences with each other. I already said goodbye to my friends since it was time to leave, but as for me, I still have one last thing to do before I leave middle school.

The sakura trees were blooming to their fullest this time of the year and this day of the season. The sun was setting and the cool breeze of the wind was strong, making the small petals of the cherry blossoms fly around the campus. And under the oldest and biggest cherry blossom tree was a girl with long purple hair and amber-gem eyes. The spot was where high school students at this school confess to the ones that they love, and there was a superstition that if those students confess when the cherry blossoms are blooming, their love will be returned.

And I, the otaku who only cares about 2D girls, was confessing to a normal girl named Kidou Aiko. Kidou-san was the only girl I've ever felt comfortable with ever since the start of this school year. She didn't hate for my hobbies and my shameless self, but rather, she enjoyed the stupid things that I've been doing. She's also so nice to me, and I return the same amount of kindness to her. Aside from that, she's also pretty cute. If everyone has gone through the same experience as me with Kidou, would there be a boy who wouldn't fall in love with her?

So she stood there, looking at me as she waited for what I was saying. My heart was racing. But finally, I was able to confess to her. However, I knew that I have no chance with her. There were also many boys who liked her and she rejected them, and I'm most likely one them. I gave in to that negative thought and ran away without hearing answer. But, she took the paper that I handed her, which contained my phone number.

[Flashback end]

---

So that was it. I didn't need to hear her answer because she I knew that she'd reject me. I ran away because I was a coward, afraid of getting hurt despite knowing that I was going to get hurt at the end. "So, Akaki-kun, do you know her?" Takahashi asked, looking at me curiously. Of course, I wouldn't say that she was the girl I confessed to but got rejected. Besides, I've changed a lot ever since that day. I nodded to his question and answered, "She's my--" old classmate from my previous school, I wanted to say. If things went that way, things wouldn't get so complicated. But the purple haired girl butted in out conversation and extended my line, but what she said was far more surprising.

"--girlfriend! I'm Hiro-kun's girlfriend. My name's Kidou Aiko, and we were once classmates from middle school. He confessed to me but he ran away before I can give him my answer so..." She basically introduced herself to Takahashi, while narrating the flashback in my mind from her perspective.

"...Eeeehhhh?!" Takahashi exclaimed and stood up from his chair so loudly to the point that everyone inside the room focused their attention towards him. "Dammit, Akaki! I thought we were brothers of the same kind!" The boy ran away from the classroom with small tears filled with jealously already escaping from his eyes.

"Huh...?" A mixture of confusion and happiness stirred inside my mind right now. "Kidou, are you sane? Wait, you just said that you're the Kidou Aiko just earlier, right? Are you're sure you're not a doppelganger or something?" The girl bonked me in the head with a light chop, then she faced away from me and pouted. She looked so cute, I was starting to fall for her again. "How rude, Hiro-kun." I was about to make a remark about her calling me in my first name but she didn't give me the chance to say it. "Also, you can call me Aiko. If we're going to plan to step-up our relationship, we should start doing things just how couples would do~" And there she was again. Even though Aiko may seem your normal girl, she's incredibly flirty once one gets to know her.

At this point, I've got nothing else to say to her. Maybe I'll need more time process. "S-Sure, Aiko. Let's talk after lunch." I forced myself to smile. Thankfully, she seemed to get the message and stopped talking, Homeroom started a few seconds after we ended our conversation, and seconds after homeroom started, a paper plane that seemed to come from the window hit me in the head. It fell down on the floor to my left. I picked it up, hid it from Kido-- Aiko and Takahashi who just came back, and opened the paper airplane. Inside the paper was just one sentence.

"Meet me at the rooftop during lunchtime today, Akaki Hiroshi. I'll be waiting. Don't invite anyone."

All I did was let out a sigh. Things were happening at a seemingly fast pace for me to keep up right now. But this time, if I wanted to cope up with the changes I'd have to ignore this letter. But if I ignore this letter, I wouldn't have any chance to know who wrote this for me, for what reason did this person try and request me to meet up at the rooftop, and also why did this person want to meet up with me. I let out another sigh.

So what should I do?

>> Follow the letter and meet up with the sender.

>> Ignore the letter.

>> Follow the letter, but bring Aiko and Takahashi with me.

I used an RNG to determine the previous choice. The write in choice surprised me but then I thought, is there a reason why I shouldn't write that?

I used an RNG to determine the previous choice. The write in choice surprised me but then I thought, is there a reason why I shouldn't write that?
Aw yee, one point for me.

>Follow, but bring Takashi and Hiroshi

We need backup fam. Just need to tell those two to hide within hearing distance

Inviting them now would just be needlessly awkward when we've got this sudden revelation going on. Ignoring the letter could lead to retaliation, on the other hand. We already told Aiko we'd talk after lunch, so as long as keep the the meet-up before lunch it should be alright.

Classes before afternoon quickly passed by. I've properly introduced myself to my classmates, just like how the others introduced themselves to others. It wasn't particularly special, but it was the first time I've done this properly. I mean, without putting at least some sort of anime reference. "Akaki, let's eat lunch together." said Takahashi, who was already facing his seat right in front of my table. I shook my head, rejecting his request. "Can't do. I've got some business with the... teacher." I blatantly lied as I looked away from him. "No no, that's impossible. It's still the first day of-- Hey! Where are you going?!" Since I noticed that the poor boy was becoming persistent in having lunch with him, I just walked away from the classroom without letting him finish what he was saying. Thankfully, he didn't follow me as I made my way towards the rooftop of the school.

When I was on the stairs that leads to the rooftop section, I just realized that I haven't brought my lunch here. I still don't know what business the sender has with me, but I was thinking of possible reasons while I was holding the letter in my hands. After reaching the front of the door, I sighed. Too many things were happening during the first day of school and it's actually a little hard for me to process it. Maybe I just wasn't used to the way I did things before. "Well, here goes." As soon as I touched the metal bar, another feeling of deja vu attacked me. It felt to me like, as soon as I open the door, a tennis ball with a fast spin will come towards me approximately three seconds after opening the door, all while my eyes were still adjusting to the light of the rooftop. If that feeling of deja vu is true, then that ball will hit me towards my head. I don't know what will happen next, but the impact of the ball would likely knock me out for a good two hours.

What will I do? Who will I trust with the choice I'm going to make? You, or myself?

>> Catch the ball.

>>
Don't catch the ball.

your next choice will determine whether 'that' event will happen.
soon.

Last edited:
>not catch the ball

Trying to catch the ball is more likely to keep us in the path of the ball AKA, getting hit by it. I suggest we try getting out of the way, in words, I suggest we duck

>not catch the ball

Trying to catch the ball is more likely to keep us in the path of the ball AKA, getting hit by it. I suggest we try getting out of the way, in words, I suggest we duck
if you put it that way, then yeah. Dodging is the best course of action.

I switch my vote to NOT catch the ball and just Dodging

>> Don't catch the ball. (and dodge, you guys have said.)
For me, I think that the best course of action was to catch the ball and surprise whoever threw this ball towards me. But I didn't trust myself enough for that. I wasn't sure if I could catch the ball with one hand, especially since I don't have great reflexes. What if I just ignore the sender and go back to class? That would be beneficial for me, since I can chat with Takahashi and Aiko while eating my only lunch for the day. However, I knew that I couldn't back down now. I already followed the letter and walked all the way from the other side of the school towards the rooftop section. I would be wasting my energy if I go back. So I opened the door, and counted three seconds.

1 second. I gently opened the heavy door, just leaving enough space for me to enter and the ball to hit my head.
2 seconds. I quickly ducked, which should let the ball pass through over my head and avoid it from planting a bruise.

If I just knew what direction did the ball spin, I could've known how deep I would duck. Because I made a stupid mistake.

3 seconds. The ball hit me, towards my forehead. The impact hit my head so hard, it made my vision funny and my world shook. Slowly, I dropped to the cold, cemented ground and passed out.

Just how fast was that ball? Curse you, myself. You could've just caught the ball with your hand and you could also have ducked a little lower. Because of your mistake, you'll be missing the whole afternoon classes. But that's fine. Your friends will notice that you're missing and after you've been found, you'll be taken to the clinic and the sender of the letter (who I assumed was the one who caused me to pass out) will be punished. That's completely fine, me.

---

[Flashback: Year 0 | Week 7 | Wednesday | Summer]

Classes have been dismissed for the day. I had a good time with my classmates during our P.E class, I got a lucky 46/50 in my previous Math test, and I've made good interactions with Kidou Aiko today. Such a perfectly good day today, and I received a letter from someone saying that they wanted to meet me at the rooftop after classes! Is it a confession? It's still too early for me to assume that, but judging from the flow of the events happening today, it's highly likely that a girl would confess to me. But why? I'm just a geek otaku that makes people laugh and also make people judge me and degrade me for who I am. Why would someone like the way I am? I had a short hope that the one who sent the letter was Kidou, but I knew it was hoping and it couldn't be real. She acted perfectly normal today while talking to me, just like usual.

As soon as I opened the door to the rooftop, I saw a girl with long hair and eyes that looked like they were void of any expression, like a dead fish's. Her expression also wasn't showing any embarrassment, so I immediately shot down the possibility that this meeting was a confession. Another part is that I know her. "Furuka Maika, from Class 3-E, right? Is there anything you want to say to me?" Furuka blinked one time, and her voice came out. The tone of her voice also sounded expressionless. "What do you see?"

"Huh...? Pfft," I chuckled, as if I was mocking her even though it really wasn't my intention. "What do you mean by that? I see--" As soon as I said that, the blue sky turned stale, while there were red floating orbs around the whole prefecture. The rooftop was suddenly littered with rocks, even though it wasn't just a few seconds ago. The protective fence around the rooftop were broken and rusty. I ran towards edge to see if everything was still like this below the school. Fortunately, everything was still normal. Students were going home, and the houses were all still intact. "So everything's still okay..." I sighed in relief. At this point, I was deeply confused, terrified, and scared. I'm pretty sure that what I was seeing was real, and it wasn't just a hallucination of my otaku fantasies.

Furuka shook her head, as if she thought it was a mistake to call me here. "So you're still half-awake. You'll wake up soon, Akaki Hiroshi. However, remember this: Don't be afraid of the demons, and don't fight them." Panicking, I ignored what she said and ran out of the rooftop. I didn't understand whatever Furuka was saying to me since it really never made sense. Me? Half-awake? I'm completely awake and my consciousness is fully intact! Also, what demons? I know that demons exist in religion, but what the hell does she mean by that? Those were the things I wanted to ask her as I went home. I never told anyone the details of our conversation or what happened, because I knew that no one would believe me anyway. I resolved myself to talk to her tomorrow, but I never did.

[Flashback end]

That was the story of why I didn't go near the school rooftop and why I never interacted with Furuka Maika ever again. She was a school beauty despite being anti-social. Many have tried to ask her out but she never really bothered to see anyone who have attempted.

--

I woke up with a buzzing pain on my forehead. The sky was colored with shades of blue and orange, with the clouds still full white. My head was resting on a pillow even though I'm on the...rooftop? I suddenly remembered what happened. "Ah-- Right. Someone knocked me out with a ball." I muttered. "Yes. That's me." A voice quickly spoke in monotone. A girl with short hair and dead eyes suddenly appeared on my view, covering the sky. Wait, if she's looking at me from above then does it mean, I'm lying on her--!

A lap pillow. Every man's dream. The first experience is the best one, and today, this very moment, I was experiencing that sensation. As much as I wanted to not sit up, I suddenly remembered the girl's face and her voice. I knew her, from middle school. Every time she wanted to talk to me, I always ignored her and told her to get lost. I consider myself a terrible person for doing that, but I did that because I was scared. I'm a coward, after all. My brain finally finished processing, then I quickly sat up and distanced myself from her. "Furuka Maika. What are you doing here?!" I asked in a loud and confused voice. It seems that, even to this very day, I'm still scared of her. "I'm a student in this school too, how rude," She retorted. "Anyway, what do you see?"

That question again. I slowly looked at my surroundings. Thankfully, nothing seemed to change. Since nothing happened this time, I was able to recollect my thoughts. This time, I'm going to eliminate that fear in my heart and make sure that Furuka Maika wouldn't be a disturbance anymore. "Let me ask you straight, Furuka-san. What do you mean by that?" I asked her firmly. The girl tilted her head, seemingly confused. "I was asking about that. What do you see?" She pointed at the sky behind me. I turned around and saw a cloud shaped like a bunny. "Oh, so that's what you meant. That's a bunny-shaped cloud. Wait, that's not what I meant when I asked you that!" I sharply said, but Furuka ignored my statement. "A bunny, right? In that case, let's go walk home together." She looked at me and stood up as she picked up her bag and held it on her shoulder.

bd125d73c130d77eb49d3c79490ccabde8bf798d_00.gif
"Huh? We still have afternoon classes!"
I responded. "What do you mean, Akaki-kun? It's past four. We should be going home before people find us here." Furuka said in reply.

"Ah, that's right--Wait, that's wrong! And whose fault do you think it is?!" I loudly spoke, but I just sighed. My words weren't really affecting her. "Do you want the two of us to walk home together?" Furuka asked me.

First of all, she's cute. Secondly, I treated her badly when we were middle school students, so this might be a way to apologize to her. Thirdly, she did something to traumatize me and did something to make me miss my afternoon classes. Every choice will lead me to an equal win-lose situation.

>> Walk home with her.

>> Make an excuse and don't walk home with her.

Last edited:
sorry for the really long post, but here it is! Idea Idea Thepotatogod Thepotatogod I also take that you've read that message from the 'Follow the letter and meet up with the sender' post before this?

>> Make an excuse and don't walk home with her.

We have a girlfriend. Walking home with the girl would lead to a big misunderstanding and drama, normally, given the meta.

sorry for the really long post, but here it is! Idea Idea Thepotatogod Thepotatogod I also take that you've read that message from the 'Follow the letter and meet up with the sender' post before this?
Eh, it's not that long.

>>Walk home with her

Be a man, it's kinda horrible that we treated her badly in the past, so now is a good time to find out for sure if she deserved the cold shoulder or not.

Also, drama is fun.

>> Walk home! It's the nice thing to do. Also get to ask her questions

and pray to Kami God Of Anime that Kidou/Aiko is't jealous

[>] Make an excuse and DON'T walk home with her.

I don't know if this dude's loyal or not, but we have ourselves a GF. Walk with her instead!

Unless we're gonna go for a threesome...Or at least, say that she just so happens to live where you live or some shit.

Either way kids, DON'T CHEAT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back