• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Paranormal Investigation Club's Daily Activities

Lore
Here
Other
Here
>> Stay until 6:30
"Damn it..." I cursed. I didn't know what kind of magic trick she used to instantly vanish from thin air, but that's what I thought until I heard a thud from the corner of the hallway, connecting this building to the other building. I turned around towards the source of the sound and approached closely to check what is it that fell, and what I saw was Takahashi sitting on the ground, looking terrified and confused. He mostly likely witnessed what had happened here from behind me and fell after that, thus causing the thud that I heard earlier. "Takahashi?" Though it isn't surprising that someone would eventually check on me because of my strange activity recently, I wasn't expecting that he'd follow me. After all, how did I not notice him following me? Ignoring the thought, I sighed. "Did you hear everything that she said?" I asked him straight in his face. "She vanished... Hey, Akaki, I'm seeing things, right?" His voice sounded shaky, and it really did seem like she was gone. There was no other exit than the hallway where he was at. Other than that, the pervert friend of mine looked genuinely troubled and terrified. That experience probably wasn't bearable for him. How does he react with ghosts?

"We're seeing things." I dismissed the thought with that one statement, and Takahashi sighed in relief. His expression returned to normal, but it's much more calmer. "Yeah. There's no way someone, especially Fukari-sama, can do that," The boy held his hand out, gesturing for me to pull him up to a standing position. I took his hand and pulled him up, then he continued talking. "By the way, why were you talking to yourself? I followed you, and it didn't seem like you were going to the clinic. Plus, this building is essentially empty." Takahashi said. Ahhh, ignorance is bliss, or so they say. Unfortunately, I don't uphold that principle in my life. Before I could say anything back, Takahashi continued talking. "Or maybe you weren't actually going to a clinic? Maybe you were you going to meet some girl here? You cheating bastard, I thought you already have Aiko-san." His sudden use Aiko Kidou's first name surprised him, so I tried to pull his ear out as punishment. "I was about to go to the clinic. I just got lost." A lame excuse I made, and the boy seemed to buy it as he replied with an "Oh." in a sarcastic manner and stopped talking.

"Hey, Takahashi. Let's join the Paranormal Investigation club." It was the name of the only club that has its room on that seemingly empty building. Every club room can be found everywhere other than that building. But why did I ask him that? It was the only thing I can think of that's related to ghosts. A way to confirm if this perverted boy is actually scared of the paranormal, judging from his expression earlier. "I'll pass. I'm already part of the--" He froze. "--Volunteer Club." I'm absolutely sure that he just thought of some random club during his lapse in response. "Liar." I coldly said. "Why are you making excuses not to join the club? Could it be... that you're scared of ghosts?"

"Hell no!"
Takahashi exclaimed. Yosh, I got him. From this point, he became defensive whenever I tried to ask him why he doesn't want to relate himself to the paranormal. "I mean, no thank you. I'm not interested in joining those kind of clubs. Plus, the members there are kind of weird. I noticed that from my previous school." We continued talking, with me throwing reasons and convincing him to join the club (even though I have no intention of doing so myself) and him still defending why he could not, should not, and would not join the club, until we finally arrived at the door of the classroom. That was, kind of, my way of teasing others.

"I'll go to the clinic now. I have to treat this pain in my head before it gains any more painful." Keeping up with this act isn't healthy and beneficial to me in the long term, so I'd have to tell them the truth sooner or later. Takahashi nodded, turning his back around me as he walked towards the room. After that, my mind drifted into something different. Today, if you stay until 6:30 and go to this building, you'll have the answer to everything. Then, it seemed like everything froze around me. What does she mean by the answer to everything? I asked myself, what questions am I asking? And everything suddenly came to me. The uneasy feeling I've been having recently returned. Why did Fukaru Sylvia cover for me? Who truly is Furuka Maika? Who's that girl in a white dress I've been seeing in my dreams and, just recently, I saw this morning? What do they mean by "What do I see?" and "Am I awake?"? And why am I having these abnormal phenomenons of deja vu?

What is the answer to everything?

I'll stay on the clinic until classes end, then I'll wander around the school as I pass time.

However, something has been bugging me for a while now, just this morning. I can faintly hear a voice in my head, saying the name of my only two friends in this school. Takahashi and Aiko.

>> Stay until 6:30.
>> Stay until 6:30 and drag Takahashi with you.
>> Stay until 6:30 and drag Aiko with you.
>> Stay until 6:30 and drag both of them with you.

>> Don't stay. Don't stay. Don't stay. Don't stay. Don't stay. Don't stay.
>> I'm begging you, please don't.

This is your last chance.

Mqueserasera Mqueserasera ElenaIsCool ElenaIsCool Thepotatogod Thepotatogod Idea Idea
Sorry for the wait! My schedule got busy and I couldn't find any time to post until now...
Anyway, here's my post!
That's fine, IRL comes first! Plus it's not like my schedule's any less busy :P

Now for the vote.

>> Stay until 6:30 and drag Aiko with you.

We're boarding the plot train, but since we get the chance to not look like we're cheating in the process, let's have our girlfriend stay with us.

Ain't no way in hell one should go alone to such a spooky setup.

>> Don't stay. Don't stay. Don't stay. Don't stay. Don't stay. Don't stay.
>> I'm begging you, please don't.
These look...Ominous. Conjecture: The guy who prompted these decisions are trying to speak to us?
.Either way, my choice shall be...

[>] Drag them both.

You need party members, y'know?

16:12 | Tuesday

I was laying down on the moderately soft clinic bed, with both my arms sandwiched between the pillow and my head. As I was staring blankly at the ceiling, I contemplated if I should whether drag my friends into this or not. I already assumed that every unusual thing that happened ever since last year wasn't just a fantasy formed inside my happened, but those things actually happened. It wasn't a hallucination, those were paranormal events I saw with my two eyes. Even though I've thrown away my otaku self a few months ago, I was low-key excited of what's going to happen. Maybe I forgot to throw away the leftover parts of my past self? Anyhow, anyone can get their blood rushing over a situation like this. Stay until 6:30, and you'll have the answer to everything, says the girl who was actually my class president, who impossibly disappeared after I looked away from her in just a split second.

I checked the time, and it was time for me to go. I hope that both Aiko and Takahashi haven't gone home yet, since the bell rang exactly 46 minutes ago. I stood up and fixed my ruffled hair and untidy clothes. I picked up my bag and waved goodbye to the school nurse, who was seemingly nice to keep my company for that whole period. Doesn't mean I liked it though, since I get pretty uncomfortable when I know that I'm being watched. "Akaki Hiroshi, right?" asked the school nurse. "Yeah?" I responded as I picked up my bag and readied myself to find both Aiko and Takahashi "I urge you to go home now. Take care!" She beamed at me with a bright smile. For some reason, it's sending chills down my spine, especially when she urged me to go home. Do I really need to be forced to go home? Well, it might be because of my fake chronic headache. She's probably worried that it might worsen if I don't rest at home soon. "Alright... Goodbye." I blatantly lied as I opened the door.

And what beheld me was my two friends talking casually in front of the clinic. They stopped chatting when they noticed me, and Aiko smiled brightly. As soon as I closed the door, she shouted, "Hiro-kuuuuuun!~" She spread both of her arms and attempted to tackle-hug me but I stopped her from doing so by holding both of her shoulders. This was one of the times when I wished my deja vu activated, If I knew this was going to happen, I could've dodged and let the incredibly flirty girl hug the wooden door. Even so, she was still trying to force her way into a hug. What a desperate girl. Takahashi glared at my antagonistically, and he looked away in despair as I made eye contact with him. "Akaki, you're such a normie..."

It was a messy interaction, but it was a good thing I didn't have to find them all throughout the campus. I went straight to my point as I spoke, "I have something to talk to you guys. It's urgent, and in under no circumstance you should tell anyone about this." Aiko stopped struggling and positioned herself beside me. My expression was dead serious and so was my tone, but the overly happy Aiko didn't let the overly happy atmosphere to drop this soon. "Oh? The Akaki Hiroshi is trying to tell us something? Since you've changed, then I guess that this isn't anime-related? Did you find something out while you were on the clinic? Or a school affair, probably? Or, just maybe, forbidden love between you and the n--" I immediately smacked the head of my girlfriend as hard as I can. She let out a squeak as I did that. I sighed and gestured for everyone to follow me towards somewhere isolated.

But little did I know, this was one of the biggest blunders I've made in my life. If only I've known...

---

18:20 | Tuesday

I've told Aiko and Takahashi almost everything. My dreams, my meeting with Fukari Sylvia in the building where we are at right now, my meeting with Furuka Maika as well as the truth about my 'chronic headache'. What I didn't tell them about was my deja vu. It felt to me that it was important that I should keep it to myself, despite knowing that Sylvia knew about it. It sounded all like a delusional live roleplay I made up, but they believed it. They knew I wasn't the type of person who'll tell this kind of thing if it was just something that's completely useless. Whoever's above, thank you for giving me such good friends. I internally said.

Me, Takahashi, and Aiko were in the boys' locker room. For quite half and hour, we've been hiding inside the lockers and only talked when felt necessary. Everything was quiet. Even though the window produced a dim light in the room, the luminosity of the room was still close to a pitch-black darkness. "Hey, Akaki, isn't this kind of exciting? I mean, weird stuff is happening, and we're staying at the school when it's already closed. It's hella dark though..." I paused, trying to think up of a proper response. I failed, however. "...Are you afraid of the dark?" But the orange-haired boy only let out a chuckle. "I'm not. What makes you think of that?" He wasn't afraid of the dark, but he was scared of the things that come out in the dark? It was the only part of Takahashi that I didn't fully understand. I didn't speak anymore after that and waited for

"Hey, it's time." Aiko spoke, and the three of us opened the lockers where we were hiding. The time was 6:30, and if I supposedly wander around the building at this hour, I would have the answer to everything. I've also dragged Aiko and Takahashi with me so if anything happens to them, it's entirely my responsibility. Then my commonsense mind only started to run. I've been so focused with the paranormal happenings and the unusual interactions with everyone, I failed to take commonsense into account. What if all of these was just a joke? Just a fabrication inside my mind? At that moment, I let out a heavy sigh as a sign that I'm a big disappointment. And also at that moment, I forgot the evidence that made those paranormal happenings a reality.

maxresdefault.jpg
We exited the bathroom, leading to a short dark hallway that led to another hallway connected to the main building. At that moment, for the first time today, my deja vu activated. I kept walking, and I saw a familiar monster on all fours. I can see its rough, flesh-colored body under the moonlit hallway. It had something in its that looked like a white mask with two eyes parallel to each other vertically. Its teeth were razor sharp unlike any other animal existing in this world. But why was it familiar? I saw this in my dream just two days ago. The demons. The gray, ruined world. The girl in a white dress. If I can see the demon with my two eyes, then does it mean... My dream was a vision? A vision of reality? Suddenly, the monster attacked us, like a hungry lion finding its prey.

At that moment, I froze and gestured for others to stop. I covered my mouth and gestured for everyone to keep quiet and not make even the most silent noises. A look of fear spread across my face as I looked towards them. From their expressions, they looked confused, but I was absolutely thankful that they took the hint. Their faces were saying to me, What's wrong? I needed to think fast. Any second now, the demon-like monster will cross the hallway as we meet our deaths, just like ourselves that I saw in my deja vu.

>> RUN.

>>
HIDE.

Uuuhhhh....

>>Hide

You have no idea how fast that thing can be. Also one of them might be slow so.. Hide

>> HIDE.

Either
A) that girl was trying to kill us
or
B) She's going to rescue us, and thus we ought to try to stay in school.

Taking the run option might risk us leaving school, AKA our answers. And I'm guessing knowing more about these things may come pretty handy in the future, especially if they keep showing up.

>>HIDE

We don't know how fast this fuckboy Grimm looking ass mofo is, so biding our time may be the best option.

>> HIDE.
I made a quick decision to hide. I mouthed the words quiet and hide to both of them, and they quickly complied. To them, they might think that I saw a silhouette of a guard or something in the hallway. They definitely didn't want to get caught wandering the school grounds this late. As we entered the boys' locker room, I heard the monster's step. It sounded like it was stepping on thousands of broken glass, but the volume was faint. Aiko and Takahashi froze as they probably noticed the unusual sound and looked at me in confusion and now, with fear in their expressions. Any delay is a risk to our lives since if we didn't hide before it approaches us, we're going to get killed by that monster just like the scene in my deja vu. I immediately responded to their sudden pause by mouthing, Quietly hide. We slowly entered the lockers closest to us, but someone made a blunder. As we closed the lockers, one of them made a small clank. I can confirm it wasn't me so it was certainly one of the two. Whoever made that sound, I didn't want to blame them if we died five minutes from now. I dragged them into this mess anyway, so it's all my fault.

I don't know how strong that demon-monster is, but I'm guessing they're stronger than a normal person. From what I've observed in my deja vu, its size is as big as a human crawling on all fours. It had razor-sharp teeth that's used for eating meat. But what the hell is that, anyway? There's no animal that looked creepy as hell. I'd more or less believe anyone who would tell me that the monster was an experimental creature that went loose. I can fight a dog with a single bag, but there's no way I can fight a demon. I might as well offer myself as bait to keep both Aiko and Takahashi alive and give them time to escape. I forgot about what happened earlier this morning, including what Sylvia told me about staying this late would give me the answer to everything. My brain ran full speed to think what the best course of action is. Should we run? But there's no other exit in this room other than the hallway to the other building! The window was open, but we are three floors above. Even if we did jump to escape our death, there's no way we can survive without broken bones. Should we keep hiding? Let the monster pass by, then we run away from here? But there's also the risk that the monster will find us in one of these lockers. If it did, we would only be left with the choice to die.

>> JUMP FROM THE WINDOW.

>> KEEP HIDING.

>> I only have a short time before the connection cuts off because of the length, but listen to me.
I tried to keep him away from here, but you didn't listen to me.

Despite your mistake, I can still save him, everyone in fact, in that room. First you have to--

But before I made the choice to either jump or hide, the other option was locked out when I heard the faint sound of breaking glass shards. The demon-monster was approaching the room. It was getting closer to us by the minute. It was then that I realized that in a life-and-death situation, no one have had the luxury to make a choice with their mind. If one hesitated the slightest, they'd lose. I learned that from the knowledge I supposedly should've thrown away. I held my mouth with my hand to silence even the noise of my breathing. Soon enough, the monster itself entered the room. The moonlight that dimly lit the room revealed its features to me and my hiding friends. Just like what I saw, it had a white mask with two eyes parallel from each other vertically, though it mostly looked like it was part of its body. It had extremely sharp teeth incomparable to any animal in existence, and its flesh-colored body possessed irregular patterns that seemed to go all throughout its body, as if they were like the veins of a person. It looked exactly the same from what I saw in my earlier deja vu. It walked slowly, eventually passing through the lockers where we were. Then it started to open the lockers. Just like a human, they opened it with their two deadly claws, holding it where us humans should touch to open the locker. It was, as if, trying not to damage the object.

Then, my deja vu activated again. After it opens one more locker, the next one would be mine. As it opened mine, I shouted, "RUN!" and Aiko and Takahashi ran away with their lives with them. I stared at As I waited for my death, the most confusing thing happened. I don't know why, but the monster stared at me for a while and spoke "You and your friends have awoken, hm?" in a woman's voice, then I was back into the real world.

In that short period of time, despite the unusual scene at the end, I noticed an opening that would also let me escape along with my friends. As soon as the monster placed itself in front of my locker, I opened it with all my strength. The corner face of the locker hit the monster exactly in its two parallel eyes, causing to shriek in pain and freezing for a bit. "RUN!" I shouted, and both of them smashed their lockers open and ran. "Remove your shoes!" I shouted, and they followed. Though it slowed us down for just a bit, it was worth it so that we wouldn't make any noises as we ran away. Takahashi's breathing while running seemed rushed and scared, but it was to be expected because of his phobia for the paranormal. It was a miracle he didn't faint after seeing that. Aiko, on the other hand, seemed scared, but she was surprisingly calm. "Where do we go now?" She asked me, since I was the one leading the two. I have to decide fast.

>> RUN DOWN THE STAIRS.

>> RUN TO THE OTHER BUILDING.

>> HIDE IN THE NEAREST ROOM.

>> ESCAPE.

Ooooh, I like this meta play!

>> ESCAPE.

I don't think any of the options is necessarily better, but this one seems more definitive for getting away, so I'm picking it.

I'M CALLING IT. THE GUY THAT'S PROMPTING THE DECISIONS IS ACTUALLY A SEPARATE ENTITY AND IS SOMEHOW TRAPPED WITHIN OUR DUDE'S SUBCONSCIOUS!

Anyho, Our subconscious friend here mentioned that our asses would be saved if we entered a specific room--but where is that room exactly? The guy was about to direct us when it was cut off, so getting out of the campus is clearly off the table.

I wonder if there's anything that would point us to that specific room? Maybe if we hide somewhere else, Mr. Choice Prompter can give us further instructions. Running around the place seems unreasonable, considering our circumstances.

>>HIDE IN THE NEAREST ROOM

I summon thee, Mr. Subconscious Choice Prompter, give us directions!

>> Escape because I know that's what will get the MC killed. I'm calling it.

I'm sorry if you think this is a post, but starting right now, I'll choose our trusty old dice to be the tiebreaker between choices with equal votes.
If the dice rolled odd, then the choice is >> ESCAPE.
If the dice rolled even, then the choice is >> HIDE IN THE NEAREST ROOM.

>> HIDE IN THE NEAREST ROOM.
Making a quick decision, I decided to hide once more. My primary plan is to get out this of this hell along with my friends, but I couldn't so without making the monster get off of our tails. Judging from the monster's physical anatomy, it can run as fast as a lion and possess almost the same strength as well. Much worse, it's an intelligent monster than can speak human language. Whoever made that demon-monster and let it run loose at night, on a school at that, must be a demon themselves. The worst case scenario with my choice is that the room where we would hide has no exits than the door where we entered, and there would be nowhere to hide. The best case scenario, on the other hand, has an emergency ladder where we can climb down to the ground. A better-than-best case scenario would have the monster not follow us into this room. I only hoped and prayed that it wouldn't come to the room where we'd hide.

And the nearest room we found was the Paranormal Investigation Club.

Thankfully, the door wasn't locked. Whoever made the mistake of not locking the door in terms of school rules just saved their lives. I thanked them internally. As soon as we hid inside, I closed the door as quietly and quickly as I can and locked it. After that, I sighed in relief. Hopefully, with the door locked, the demon wouldn't notice us hide. I picked my phone from my pocket and turned on the light, allowing me to see the expressions of my friends. Takahashi looked like a mess. His sweat was visibly pouring down from his hair down to his neck, and he was sweating all over his body. His face was printed with fear, and his breathing was so rushed it looked like he might pass out soon. Aiko, on the other hand, still had that scared look on her face and that calm attitude. "T-This is really thrilling for a dream, right Hiro-kun?" Her voice was shaking, most likely in fear. She, as well, denied what was currently happening was all but a dream. The same thing happened with Takahashi earlier when he saw Sylvia vanish in thin air. "Right? Hiro-kun? I'm dreaming, right? I actually want to kiss you, dammit..." Aiko smiled, as if she was trying to make a fun atmosphere. I couldn't do anything but look away from her, with an apologetic look in my face. After that, I decided to scan the room. Escape routes, empty lockers, or any tool that would allow me to fight the monster was enough.

The first thing I noticed was the door. The transparent window was covered with newspaper from the inside. Four locks that I was sure wasn't originally part of this door when it was first bought were drilled put on the corner. There were two locks above and two below, and the middle was the original knob. Behind us was a table between two chairs. Over the table were two white cups of tea. There was still smoke rising out from the drink and the cup was hot as I touched it. Was there someone in here? I made a full circle with my flashlight to try and look for anyone in this room, yet there was no one. It certainly was a mystery, but we were still in the middle of something dangerous. I continued to look for any other useful items in the seemingly large club room. It only took me seven minutes to scan the room, but it felt like an hour. At that time, Takahashi and Aiko made their way to the seats in front of the table. Takahashi was still trembling in fear, while Aiko was staring at me, as if she was waiting for me to do something. The only thing I didn't check was the window. I opened the window, letting in the cold night wind inside the room that made us shiver. The smell of the wind reeked of powdered cement. I checked outside, and what beheld me was the scene I've only once seen in my dreams.

Despite the cold, I kept staring at the horrific scenery. There were no lights, let alone the lights inside the houses, providing light in the area other than the full moon. Rubble littered the ground and the road. The trees were near dead, as only some were standing. There was not a single leaf attached to those branches. The houses were fully intact, and on one house, I can see a very terrifying sight. A demon that stood over 7 feet from the looks of it was looking at a kid. And the kid seemed happy. Demons and humans living peacefully, just like in my dream? My ass. I don't know what that kid was thinking, but I'm sure that kid wasn't seeing what we're supposed to be seeing. And I still couldn't believe all of this was something that I'm seeing with my own two eyes. I've seen enough weird shit these past few days, but this was still unbelievable. There was no way a prefecture can look as barren as this. "T-Takahashi... P-P-P--" "Hiro-k-kun, p-please tell me... that this isn't real..." Takahashi and Aiko spoke as they stood beside me, looking at the scene with terrified faces. I needed time to process.

"Kids shouldn't wander at night, you know~? Didn't your parents tell you that?" A woman spoke from the now opened door. I was absolutely sure I locked it after we entered the room, yet how was she able to enter without a sound? Much less, how were we not able to hear the footsteps as she was coming? We looked behind the door and what we saw was a woman in a nurse's outfit. I know her. "Akaki Hiroshi-san, didn't I tell you to go home this night? This has become quite troublesome since you didn't follow me... It took me a while to find you after you hit my eyes with that damned locker where you were hiding with your friends earlier. A clever move, actually." I didn't know what she was talking about, but I can pretty much guess what it is. "Oh well, since you three are going to die anyways, I'm going to tell you the truth." And I prepared for the truth I wasn't ready to hear.

"Ninety-five percent of this world's population are demons. The remaining five percent are humans. We conquered this world decades ago after we rose from the depths of Hell itself. Humanity fought with all their weapons, but ah, they were all useless against us with all our powers. All of you were so pitiful, in fact, that the All High itself even showed mercy to all of you. Because of that, after making a deal with this world's acting leaders who're now dead, we demons decided to let some of you live. This world's remaining humans, only consisting of babies, kids, and teenagers, was allowed to live until they were sixteen. After they turn sixteen, they're killed. We automatically take form as a human when any natural light shines on us, so all of you kids wouldn't piss your pants when you see us. All humans are embedded with the power of illusion. Specifically, the illusion that we are all humans, and the illusion of a perfectly normal scenery."

I had a hard time swallowing all of that. It might as well be the last words I'm going to hear, because it probably is. "Storytime has ended. We take form as a human when any natural light shines on us, and that includes moonlight. But that doesn't mean..." The school nurse knelt down on all fours, and it gradually started to change its form into something more familiar. She was the same creature as the one who tried to kill us earlier. "...that we demons can't force ourselves to our normal state."

And in front of us was the same demon-monster earlier. This might be the end, really. There was no hope. Humanity is close to extinction? Well shit. We might as well die anyway if we can't fight them. Because if humanity had the power to fight them, they would've done so years ago.

>> Accept my fate.

>> (Write-in.)

>>Yeet the tea and sceet.

There's still the Piping hot tea, yeah? Then yeet the tea at the dewoman and scram! Heck, maybe take your chances and bait the woman into yeeting itself out the window!

>> Suddenly, you activate your hidden demon-human hybrid powers.
(Well, it did say write in, but, if that is not an option, yeet the tea.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back