• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Paranormal Investigation Club's Daily Activities

Lore
Here
Other
Here
>> Walk home with her.
"Well, I guess we can walk together... Do you live near the school? And if so, in which direction do you walk?" I directly asked her. "My house is on the seventh block, second lot. Normally, I'd take a bike to school because it's a little far, but I don't have one yet." She answered, accurately pointing out where she actually lives. "I see. So just beside my house, huh..." I picked up my bag then I looked at Furuka, who had a beaming smile on her face. It was then that I just realized... "Wait, I didn't ask you where you actually live! Also, why are we neighbors?!" This day, I experienced two revelations. The first one is about Furuka Maika. I thought she was a weird and delusional girl, like the crazy ones that only exist in manga. I assumed that because of my experience with her during middle school. The next one is Aiko being my girlfriend. Just this morning, during homeroom, I said to myself that I wanted to experience a normal highschool life, with the primary objective is getting a girlfriend. It seems like I already accomplished that goal before I even tried to do so. Speaking of girlfriends...

Wait, I have girlfriend. I shouldn't have agreed to Furuka-san that I'd walk with her! What if someone sees us? The whole school is going to know about it the next day. After that, my social reputation is screwed! And I might lose my only girlfriend, at that... I held my hair and ruffled it with my two hands, cursing myself for the blunder that I made. "Something wrong, Akaki-kun? You look troubled," I looked towards Furuka. "Ah--It's nothing. Let's go home." And of course, I couldn't just take down my choice after telling her that. I already treated her badly, so my conscience isn't going to calm down until I do something in return for her. I reminded myself to be careful of students, especially Aiko. Even though the sky is already orange, it doesn't mean that all of the students in the school already went home. Some may still be wandering around, and some may still be doing club activities.

While I was being careful of everything, me and Furuka have already reached the ground floor and we were already changing shoes on our lockers. While there was still no one in sight, I took this as a chance to ask her some questions. But the first thing to do is... "Furuka-san. I'm sorry for treating you badly before," I smiled at her apologetically, then she gave me a forgiving look. "It's fine, Akaki-kun. It's also my fault that I made you act that way towards me," Thankfully, the girl seemed to understand me. Now, time to ask questions. "When did you change houses?" Then she answered. "Six months ago. You should've known, since I gave your mother a basket of fruits from where I last lived, which was near a farm." Then the two of us started to walk out of the school.

"You already knew I was your neighbor right after you transferred?" To this point, I'm not even surprised. Maybe a little, but not so much unlike earlier. She practically knows everything, or maybe I was just clueless. "Hm. Your family name was plastered on the wall outside your house, so I would've known anyways. And the fact that you haven't noticed that I was living beside your property means that you haven't went out of your house during the whole vacation." Furuka smiled at me. I couldn't even say anything in reply since everything that she said was true, so I just looked away, a little embarrassed. "Which means you've also changed. I take that you don't have a creepy personality anymore?"

I quietly muttered. "So that's how you thought of me back then..." I felt my heart clench as she spoke of that, but I answered normally. "I gathered up the resolve to change my identity and personality, because I wanted to have a normal high school life."

"I see... That's good, Akaki-kun." Furuka smiled. "Speaking of high school life, do you have a girlfriend?" After she asked that, my mind froze. How should I answer that?! I internally panicked and thought of what to do. If I stall the question, we might reach our homes with me answering the question. If I answer, then would she misunderstand? I'm walking home with someone who's a girl and is not my girlfriend. Anyone can misunderstand this situation. I just sighed and gave up, though. I nodded in response to her question. "I see... tch."

After that, both of us stopped talking. Maybe that question of hers killed the easygoing atmosphere earlier. I still wanted to ask her some things but I couldn't bring myself to do so, for some reason. The walk to our houses was finished with neither of us opening our mouth.

"Thank you for walking me home, Akaki-kun." She said before she entered her house. "We might not see each other tomorrow, so remember this: Be wary of Mitsumine Mizuki."

"Furuka, wait--"
I still wanted to ask her something and also about her last statement, but she already entered her house. It was getting dark, so I went home as well and processed everything that have happened today.

How should I go to school tomorrow?

>> Walk to school.

>> Ride a bicycle to school.

Idea Idea Thepotatogod Thepotatogod ElenaIsCool ElenaIsCool Mqueserasera Mqueserasera Steve Freeling Steve Freeling I'm glad to see some newcomers here! In case you haven't read the previous posts, here's the current flow of the story from post zero (the post from the interest check) to the latest post:

[Hiroshi Akaki, the POV of this story, have been having these dreams of demon-monsters and humans living on a prefecture that looked extremely similar to the current prefecture where he is living. He referred one of the locations in his dream as a monster daycare, which looked exactly like Akanotohana School. The day after his dream was the first day of classes. During that day, he met his new friend Makoto Takahashi. He also met up with Aiko Kidou who was his classmate from his previous school when they were middle school students, who also happened to be Hiroshi's girlfriend. Even though Hiroshi himself didn't understand why that happened, Aiko narrated the series of events that led to Hiroshi confessing to her but running away before hearing answer. After that, he received a letter telling him to meet up with the sender of the letter at the rooftop section. After he arrived, he was greeted with a fast tennis ball hitting him directly in the head, which made him pass out and miss his afternoon classes. Fast-forward to the latest post, we see that the sender of the letter was Maika Furuka! She was Hiroshi's schoolmate from their previous school. Because of some 'paranormal' events that happened when Hiroshi was with Maika, Hiroshi got ultimately scared of her, which led to him ignoring her every time she tried to interact with him, which also led to him treating her badly. However, the two already made up and became friends. They walked together after school... But that's not everything that happened. Hiroshi was having these feelings of deja vu all throughout the day. Why it is happening was still a mystery to him...]

[>] Ride a Bike

1. Queen Reference("I wAnT To RiDE My BICYCLE")
2. Potential romantic option for Aiko or the other girl
3. Fucking. Bicycles.

>> Ride a bicycle to school.
[Year 1 | Week 1 | Tuesday | Summer]

Yet another day for me. A dreamless night passed by after I woke up from my beeping alarm and there was no roaring headache to greet me. I was really glad that didn't happen, or I would've went to the doctor to get my psychological state checked.

As soon as I finished getting ready for school, I put out my bicycle and decided not to walk. Though my house is just blocks away from Akanotohana Academy, riding a bike means that I get to conserve energy as much as I can. Plus, the heat is searing through my clothes. Without spending much energy means that I get to go to school without sweat. I looked at Furuka's house, which was just beside me. If it's okay with her, then she can ride at the back of my bike. We're schoolmates after all and even though she has forgiven me, my conscience is still picking on me that I still have to do something for her.

Should I ring the doorbell and offer to take her to school?

>> Ring the bell.

>> Don--

But I guess she wouldn't answer me, even if I was still not doing anything. I decided not to wait for her as I rode my bike to school.
Come to think of it, the feeling of deja vu disappeared. Yesterday, it happened as early as I woke up. But now, nothing happened so far. Maybe everything that I saw was just an image that appeared on my mind. And as soon as I thought of that, I saw someone, a girl in a white dress, come from the intersection to my right. After she looked at me, she muttered something inaudible to my ears, then went back from where she came from. As I approached near the intersection, the girl was gone. Just as then, I realized, "Wait, wasn't she..." The girl from my dream yesterday. The one who was soaked in the rain. Why was she here? Isn't she just a character in my brain that was formed by my dream? She's not real... Right? I don't believe in ghosts, but after experiencing that, I might start to believe that the paranormal was actually something that's entirely real.

---

"Yo Akaki, are you okay?" It was homeroom period. Takashi just entered the room and the first thing he says is something out of concern for me? "Man, I can't believe what you meant from yesterday was because of your chronic headache. I actually thought you were lying that time. I have to apologize for that." What he said confused me. Chronic headache? From what I said yesterday? I put the pieces together, and it seemed like he was talking about what I said before lunch yesterday. It was the time that I was knocked out by Furuka Maika and missed all of my afternoon classes. From what I can deduce... Did someone cover for me? I definitely thought that someone was going to save me after that scene in the rooftop yesterday, but no one really came.

"Yeah..." It was the only thing I can say to him. So many weird things happened yesterday, I needed an explanation. But I also have to make up with Aiko for not keeping the promise of talking to her after lunch. She might get mad if I don't do that. Still though, I still have time to talk with others during breaks or after classes. It was most likely that I can just about understand everything after this day.

>> Talk to Furuka.

>> Talk to Aiko.

>> Talk to Takahashi.

>Talk to Aiko

SPEND TIME WITH YOUR GF. DON'T FUCK IT UP D :

We don't want her to break up with us (|||゚д゚)

>> Talk to Aiko.
I promised Aiko that we should chat yesterday after lunch, but couldn't do so because of that incident. I might as well do it now as to make up with her. With both my arms resting on my desk, I gazed towards Aiko and opened my mouth, but no words formed out. She was just writing on her notebook elegantly and gracefully, like a saint. There was a small smile on her face as she was doing that and I couldn't do anything to disturb Aiko. I looked towards the window and tried to think up of a conversation... And also to prepare myself. How can I talk to someone who just became my girlfriend? Yeah, it's my fault because I was the one who confessed to her in the first place, but that was over a year ago! I even forgot about it until Aiko reminded me just recently. I looked at the window with my face flushed. I mustered up the courage to confess to her, but why couldn't I do it right now, even if my intention is just to chat with her normally? Maybe it's because of my new relationship with her? Or maybe I was just scared like how I ran away last time?

"Hey, Hiro-kun. Is there something that's bothering you?" I gazed towards the girl to my right. A worried look was visible all over her face. "You look... different. You're also acting different from before." Aiko mentioned what had changed from when I was still at middle school compared to me at this current moment. "I think it's only natural," I spoke. "The transition from middle school to high school is needed when we have to adjust to the interests of most students. By doing that, we open ourselves to others, thus opening up the possibility to have more connections with other people. It's not like we'll become popular if we do that, but it just means we won't be limiting ourselves to other people with the same interests as us."

While I said that, Aiko looked at me like a surprised kid. "H-huh? What you said actually made sense for the first time..." It's true that when I was still a middle-school student, I always talked about weird stuff from different anime, everyday. Typical otaku behavior. It's only normal for someone I knew back then to be surprised. Even so, I still felt hurt. "Oi." I remarked. Then I switched the topic of the conversation towards the proper direction. "If I remember correctly, um, when I confessed to you... I gave you a paper containing my phone number, right? Why didn't you call me if you said yes to my confession?" As I was asking her that question, my face was unnaturally flushed. It was the first time I've made that question to other people.

After asking that question, I swear that I've noticed her freeze at that moment. But she continued to talk naturally as I ignored that unusual lapse in response. "Because I don't have a phone currently at that time. And by the time I got one, I lost the paper. I'm really sorry~" She apologized. Well, I can't really do much about her playfully clumsy personality. "Unless, you want to exchange numbers right now?" She looked at me with a bright smile. At that moment, I can hear that my heart was beating audibly. And in front of me, I can feel Takahashi emitting a strong aura of malice. "Damn you, Akaki. You normie..." As much as I hate to watch Takahashi having a heartache, me and Aiko exchanged numbers.

"Yay! Now I can talk to you anytime..." It seemed to me that Aiko was blushing. It looked really cute and I can feel myself falling for her again, until what she said after that... "...about anime, that is." And she leaned towards me, looking very passionate about she's saying. "Hey, Hiro-kun! Have you watched that anime about 80% of the world's population having superpowers? And have you also watched that one about slaying demons? And you might not have watched this because this show is underrated, but it's about big robots fighting monsters! That one's really good, I even have a wall-scroll of that anime behind the door to my room..."

And I froze. I was pretty sure that back then, Aiko Kidou wasn't an otaku. She was just as popular as the normal students, and she's very open to everyone. "Aiko, are you sane? I'm pretty sure you weren't watching anime that time... Are you absolutely sure you're not a doppelganger or something?" Then I got bonked on the head. "You said the same thing to me yesterday!" She sighed and complained, but she explained why she became that way. "Actually, during vacation, I tried to watch those anime that you've told me so many times about. I end up getting hooked and becoming one myself. What do you call them...? An otaku. Now I'm just like you, and you can now talk about these things to me without getting uncomfortable." Aiko smiled.

But how can I explain to her that I don't watch anime that much nowadays? And how can I explain that I don't call myself an otaku anymore? It's like we've switched roles... I desperately tried to switch up the topic of the conversation for the second time. Honestly, I couldn't think up of a question, until I saw Furuka Maika looking at me from the door. It seemed like she wanted to talk to me, but I ignored her. Her expression showed nothing just as usual. However, her presence made me think up of a question.

"You said that someone told you that I've gone to the clinic because of my condition yesterday, right? Who told you?" I asked her. Aiko tilted her head, seemingly confused because of my question. "She was the one who took you to the clinic so you should know her. It's her." She pointed at the person, and it wasn't someone I'm expecting. That person covered for me and Furuka when we were at the rooftop. And it was our class president. The charismatic girl Takahashi told me about, and it was none other than Fukari Sylvia. What's her connection with Furuka Maika? I stared at the blonde-haired girl, who was currently sitting at her desk while reading a book.

>> Talk to Fukari Sylvia.

>> Continue chatting with Aiko.

>> Talk to Furuka.

>>Keep on chatting with Aiko

It's gonna be strange if we suddenly stop talking to her to talk to other. Aiko might get the wrong idea

>> talk to Fukari Sylvia
Aiko turns out to be an otaku, oops, which we will have no part of.

"Oh no ma'am, I will have you know that we have never heard of this anime business, pffft, what is it? Motion pictures for children? We're much too busy discussing the Greek classics with our high cultured class rep to talk about cartoons."

Also because she sounds like the paranormal enthusiast type, might be the starter of all this mystic club businesses.

And have you also watched that one about slaying demons?
I know what the reference here is, but this literally describes like 20-30% of all anime.

Anyways, for my vote...

>>Talk to Fukari Sylvia

We got prompted to do so, and we've been hit with a couple of pretty odd occurrences lately, talking to someone at least partially responsible might give us a clue on how to approach what's going on.

>>Continue talking to Aiko

Fukari comes later. Plus, as a resident Weeb, I'm sure Aiko would have lots more to say to us. Plus, she's our Girlfriend--PRIORITIES, my man!

>> Talk to Fukari Sylvia.
"Her...?" I blankly replied while staring at the blonde-haired girl. Why would she cover for Furuka? Thinking about what happened at the rooftop yesterday, I tried to collect my thoughts and recall everything I know. "Hiro-kun, are you thereeeee? Hellooooo?" She waved her hand in front of my face but I didn't respond. Furuka called me at the rooftop and threw a tennis ball towards me, causing me to pass out. I forgot to ask her yesterday why she did that, but I'll ask her later. After I woke up, she was the first thing I saw, and she immediately asked me a weird question. She asked, "What do you see?" but she was referring to a cloud at that time. Still, it didn't seem to me like it was her intention. And as I thought of that, what actually was her intention of calling me there? And why did she tell me through the letter not to invite anyone? The ideal approach to this was to ask the center of these events, which was Furuka Maika. However, I doubt that she'd tell me anything that would actually answer my questions. The next approach to this was to ask someone who knows her.

"Hiro-kun?" Aiko was most likely confused why I was acting strange. I stood up and approached Fukari and as I did that, she closed her book and spoke to me without looking behind, "I know what you'll ask me, Akaki Hiroshi-kun. Classes will start soon and I won't have enough time to answer your questions." She said as she turned around, her purple eyes staring at me as if it was trying to pierce my soul. She was speaking to me like a cold person but due to her graceful high-pitched voice, it sounded to me like she's just trying hard to sound like that. "Lunch time. At the rooftop." She said without any context but it was presumably the location where she'd talk to me. Due to what happened to me the last time I went there, I already knew what I was going to say to her. "I gladly refuse," I said. "Maybe I'll just ask Furuka myself--" I tried to walk away and find Furuka Maika's classroom but the class president stopped me. "Lunchtime. In front of the Paranormal Investigation club. Don't bring your friends with you." And I sighed. Seriously, that request again? What are they doing, trying to get me away from Aiko and Takahashi? "Fine," I said, and I returned to my seat. I haven't been giving much attention to my... girlfriend. Takahashi as well, and I actually feel sorry for him. If I continue to do this, I might need to explain to them. Especially Aiko, since I'm talking to other girls. If she notices that, she will get suspicious of me.

---

"Hey, Akaki. Let's--" Takahashi faced his seat in front of me so we can eat lunch together but I stood up and walked away. "Can't do. My headache." And I exited the classroom. A split second after stepped out, I could hear Aiko and Takahashi talking together. Were they getting along? I wanted not to think about that but I couldn't quite shake off the feeling that if I keep ignoring them like this, something may develop between them, and I absolutely don't want that to happen. The very thought of the pervy Takahashi hitting on Aiko disgusts me to my very soul. Anyway, I arrived in front of the club room and Fukari was already there. The two of us stood in front of each other, with the door acting like a boundary between us. For some reason, the atmosphere felt very heavy. I was only going to ask her some questions anyway. I ignored that heavy feeling and asked her directly, "What's your connection with Furuka Maika? Why did you lie to Takahashi and Aiko about me being in the clinic?" As if the female already knew what I was going to ask her, she quickly responded, "I already did what Maika told me to do. She's my childhood friend, after all, and I can't repay her enough for everything that she did to me in the past." I wasn't expecting a feasible answer, anyway. I turned around and spoke, "I got my answer, so I'm leaving."

Before I took a step away, she said something to me. Something that doesn't make sense. "Haaa, Akaki-kun. If I can only tell you what's actually happening right now, everything would've made a lot more sense to you." I stopped thinking as I tried to process every word that she has said to me. "Are you awake? What do you see?" That question again. And whenever someone asks me that question, it always reminded of that ruined world that I saw in my dreams and from what I saw a year ago, after Furuka asked me the same exact question. "I'm sure Maika-san already told you that question before, no?" How does she know that? A wild guess? "That question is rather...enigmatic. Yet, it's something so important, it can actually be your salvation."

"What the hell are you talking about, president?"
I spoke in a rather threatening tone. It felt to me that Fukari she has the answer to my every question and I'm willing to do anything to get that answer. "Ah, don't worry about that, Akaki-kun. Today, if you stay until 6:30 and go to this building, you'll have the answer to everything." My eyes widened. The school dismisses clubs at 5:30 and it closes on 6:00. If you're caught any later than that, you'll have to answer to some school higher-ups. "Including, of course, why you're having deja vu." After she said that, I snapped. "How do you--?!" When I turned around, she was already gone. She couldn't have ran away or hid from my sight from that short period of time. Something weird was happening, and I wanted answers.

>> Stay until 6:30.

>> Don't do it.

>> You shouldn't.

Idea Idea Mqueserasera Mqueserasera Thepotatogod Thepotatogod ElenaIsCool ElenaIsCool , I have posted.
A 2-2 post with Mque and Idea winning the vote using our trusty RNG.

and yes, those choices are completely written as intended. depends on you whether you're interpreting if they're really choices, or if the choices itself are actually trying to convey a message.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back