• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Other Side OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Alright, finally finished my post. Since Eudora was there for the execution, I vaguely descriped the otherfolk victim.
If anyone had specific plans for the executed character or lore, just tell me and I shall edit the post!

No worries!
Also, I fly out on Saturday to go home for a week. I’ll be on OOC plenty but it may be difficult for me to post until I come back.

Ugh, struggling with writing my character so badly right now. A good writer is supposed to write about characters which are different from their own personality, but sometimes it's difficult to not let my own feelings colour my characters actions. -_-

Ugh, struggling with writing my character so badly right now. A good writer is supposed to write about characters which are different from their own personality, but sometimes it's difficult to not let my own feelings colour my characters actions. -_-
I’ve never heard that before!

I think characters are always a reflection of their writers! Even if you write someone the complete opposite that's still in a way a reflection of you. I get the struggle with "is this something my character would do or something I would do?"

I've been having a lot of personal life issues and writing Emory was kinda cathartic cause I was able to get some of those negative emotions out, but still keep it in character for him :)

Omg yes, sometimes I struggle if my character has to do something that I wouldn’t do. Depending what it is of course. This usually happens with Morgan because he’s an absolute asshole VS me who will cry if I accidentally hurt someone’s feelings 🤣

Omg yes, sometimes I struggle if my character has to do something that I wouldn’t do. Depending what it is of course. This usually happens with Morgan because he’s an absolute asshole VS me who will cry if I accidentally hurt someone’s feelings 🤣
Making my characters flirt with other characters is so hard for me, I feel so awkward lmao

The only exception I ever found for this was a male character flirting with a female one? IDK why that's cool for me lol

My sig line here says it all for me. I'm such a softie with far too much compassion for my own mental well-being. Characters like Hector are both challenging to write and cathartic, because he's aggressive and blunt in a way I never could be, yet he's one of my faves. I've never heard the rule about writing characters who are nothing like you, but rather allow characters to have their own voice (similar, but different). Yes, the real struggle is having them do something you definitely would not.

As for flirting, I suck at it irl.

Ha ha, I came in here for a specific reason, saw the conversation about character creation (that's one of my info dump subjects), got excited and forgot my original purpose.

This is a difficult time of year. My mom (my best friend) passed Dec 31 last year, and I'm really struggling mentally. I'm not going to disappear, because writing is therapeutic, but I've been super busy and I'm leaving to spend the next week with my younger sister (my other best friend) on Saturday. I promise I will post when I can. It will usually be in the evenings when everyone else is sleeping. LOL.

Ha ha, I came in here for a specific reason, saw the conversation about character creation (that's one of my info dump subjects), got excited and forgot my original purpose.

This is a difficult time of year. My mom (my best friend) passed Dec 31 last year, and I'm really struggling mentally. I'm not going to disappear, because writing is therapeutic, but I've been super busy and I'm leaving to spend the next week with my younger sister (my other best friend) on Saturday. I promise I will post when I can. It will usually be in the evenings when everyone else is sleeping. LOL.
Take all the time you need! I know that this is a very difficult time of year, especially as it's the first anniversary. Focus on yourself, and I hope you get the rest and relaxation you need!

Take care and have a nice week with your sister! Your posts are always very nice to read as soon as I wake up in the morning. I wish you support and strength during a difficult time.

Take all the time you need! I know that this is a very difficult time of year, especially as it's the first anniversary. Focus on yourself, and I hope you get the rest and relaxation you need!

Take care and have a nice week with your sister! Your posts are always very nice to read as soon as I wake up in the morning. I wish you support and strength during a difficult time.
Thank you both. I'm officially off work as of 6 pm yesterday, and don't back until the 31st. Sadly, I don't have New Year's Eve off, but I hope keeping busy will help.

I have to say I'm grateful for this place.

Thank you both. I'm officially off work as of 6 pm yesterday, and don't back until the 31st. Sadly, I don't have New Year's Eve off, but I hope keeping busy will help.

I have to say I'm grateful for this place.
I remember this from last year. I hope you have a great visit with your sister♥️

I have two hours left of my layover, so I’m going to start a Morgan post… on my iPad. We’ll see how this goes 🤣

I posted up my approved characters in the right thread and will work on getting opening posts for them over the next week or so. Let me know when/if anyone wants to figure out connections prior to that. Also, just fyi I'm taking a 3-week written exam for my program so my replies will be hit or miss for a bit, but I'll prolly end up checking things here whenever I need a break from that.

Traveling on its own is exhausting and then layovers are just a different kind of fun, ha. At least once you get to where you're going it will be worth it.
I always get layovers that are 2 or more hours in case of delays with my first plane. It’s definitely exhausting though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back