• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Oath - 1940s Gangster Drama - OOC (Ended)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here
Axel The Englishman Axel The Englishman
How shall we establish a relationship between our characters? In Benny's bio, it says he's worked in the CPD for a couple years and is now one of the top detectives. Technically, my character would be your character's senior/boss, but I would totally accept (and 100% support) a cat and dog relationship. Considering their differing methods of law enforcement and personalities, it's likely that they could rub each other the wrong way.

Misty Gray Misty Gray
Considering the popular public image that Vinnie has built to cover his criminal activity, it's very likely our characters have had run-ins with each other several times before, maybe at political events or higher-end social gatherings. (And always under the pretense of being civil and "chummy" with each other.)

However, there is one point in my character's history which I want to review with you (maybe through pm?) because it involves the Romano family and is part of my character's motivation for joining CPD to take Vinnie down.

Trignome Trignome

Well, Benno here is one of those characters with a STRONG sense of justice. He's primarily dedicated to the Romano Family independent investigation to prove Vinnie's injustices. If the CPD continue to refuse support (due to continuous briberies of CPD personnel), he'll have no problem going full-on vigilante whatsoever. He'll accept support from your character, but has a Plan C in the bag just in case you go corrupt.

Ah, then I think I know how Jonathan views Benno, at least. Because of character history, it is not likely Jonathan will become a part of the corrupt CPD. He's personally trying to fight against the Romano family from within the CPD, and cracking down on officers that are on Vinnie's payroll. While he respects Benno's dedication to the Romano investigations, Jonathan is probably still wary of Benno going vigilante to take down Vinnie, especially because the CPD's public image has been on the decline because of mob activities, so cops going off-the-books is the last thing Jonathan wants to deal with.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Benno seems to take a more direct approach to dealing with the Romanos. He is a man of action who only really trusts himself to carry out his plans against the mob. Both our characters have a strong motivation to clean out Chicago, and Jonathan recognizes that Benno is an asset to the CPD. However, because Jonathan takes a very social/political approach against the Romanos, I think he and Benno won't always agree on the best course of actions whenever there's a new lead.

However...Jonathan may be willing to look the other way if Benno needs to pull resources for an independent investigation. But at the same time, I can imagine him running after Benno like: "You need to file a report on this one! Goddammit."

Trignome Trignome love your character

Awww...thank you! I'm still working through everyone's character pages, and I definitely have something planned with the Azarola twins. Also, Maite and Danel are badasses and I just can't imagine how crazy it'd get if Jonathan walked into the bar looking for information on the Romano and Azarola families.

Awww...thank you! I'm still working through everyone's character pages, and I definitely have something planned with the Azarola twins. Also, Maite and Danel are badasses and I just can't imagine how crazy it'd get if Jonathan walked into the bar looking for information on the Romano and Azarola families.
^-^ Stop it I'm blushing. And I wanna know so badly now! Don't dangle the carrot in front of me!

When you wanna be part of the badass group too, but don't have enough money for more gun stashes.
Its a dark street lamp lined road. Under one of the lamps, standing in the rain, Benno stares at the badass Azarola bar.

"If I only I had more guns." Proceeds to waddle away, crate of guns on his back.

lol for some reason i stopped recieving notifs from this forum. Anywho, hmu if anyone wants to create relations between our characters

^-^ Stop it I'm blushing. And I wanna know so badly now! Don't dangle the carrot in front of me!
I'm still working out relationships alongside my character's history, but what do you think of this?

Several times, Jonathan has gone to the bar following a lead that connected the Azarolas to the Romanos. The twins may or may not know he's part of the CPD, because he wears plainclothes and just sits in the background of the bar taking in gossip from the other patrons. But then, because he's a lightweight, he probably has tried to order a glass of just-the-fruit cocktail on more than one occasion. So Maite at least knows that something weird is up with the "suited man who orders juice".

lol for some reason i stopped recieving notifs from this forum. Anywho, hmu if anyone wants to create relations between our characters

I think Axel and I wrote the only other CPD characters...so we three really have our work cut out for us.

CPD's the 3 musketeers: cops by day, jazzy vigilante bureaucrats by night.

I'm still working out relationships alongside my character's history, but what do you think of this?

Several times, Jonathan has gone to the bar following a lead that connected the Azarolas to the Romanos. The twins may or may not know he's part of the CPD, because he wears plainclothes and just sits in the background of the bar taking in gossip from the other patrons. But then, because he's a lightweight, he probably has tried to order a glass of just-the-fruit cocktail on more than one occasion. So Maite at least knows that something weird is up with the "suited man who orders juice".
OOOOOOOH BOI im excited.

Trignome Trignome Please PM me.

I'm out in the outside world for the next few hours but if anyone wants to make relationships and plots please tag me so I don't miss it.

OOOOOOOH BOI im excited.

Jonathan: I'll have the cranberry juice.
Maite: You mean the Cape Cod?
Jonathan: Is that alcoholic?
Maite: Well, it's made with a shot of vodka.
Jonathan: Can I have it...non-alcoholic?
Maite: So just cranberry juice.
Jonathan: Yes, that.
Maite: ...sure.

Jonathan: I'll have the cranberry juice.
Maite: You mean the Cape Cod?
Jonathan: Is that alcoholic?
Maite: Well, it's made with a shot of vodka.
Jonathan: Can I have it...non-alcoholic?
Maite: So just cranberry juice.
Jonathan: Yes, that.
Maite: ...sure.
Danel: He just ordered juice?
Maite: Yeah...
Danel: Want me to throw him out?
Maite: No.
Danel: I could punch him in the face.
Maite: Stop.

Benny: I KNOW YOU'RE ALL FILTHY UNDERGROUND SCUM
Security: Sir, please. You're making a scene...
Benny: I'LL MAKE A CRIME SCENE IN A MINUTE

Jonathan: *to security* I'm so sorry about the disturbance. We'll be on our way now...
Jonathan: *trying to get Benny out of the bar* Why are you like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back