• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Mad King (with Angelofwords)

"Mm... Sometimes I wonder," he muttered, almost as if to himself. As they headed to the King's rooms, he was constantly on lookout. He might have looked calm on the outside but on the inside he was a ball of tightly wound energy. Energy that demanded that he find some way to release it. He almost wished that an assassin did show up so that he could release some of the pent up energy. But he hastily chided himself for the thoughts. Frederick's life was more important than that.

Once again, he thought about that traveler from before, a frown pulling at his lips. He supposed that if he had to go into town any time soon, he could use his magic to get around without anyone noticing. His magic was perfect for a task like that. While Frederick's was far more offensive, his were more passive. They helped him be a better assassin. And they certainly helped him sneak up on the poor King far more times than he was willing to count. Over time, of course, he gradually stopped doing such a thing. If only to ensure that Frederick's heart wouldn't suddenly stop beating.

Perhaps Frederick's thoughts had called out to him subconsciously, but after a moment, he stirred. Twisting to glance over his shoulder at him, his eyes flashed with some kind of emotion. "Do you want me to locate Madeline?"

Friedrick hesitated. "I...." He sighed softly. "I would feel better knowing that she is safe. As long as she's safe, as long as she's protected.....then it will make all of this worth it in the end." He put a hand on the handle of his door. "If she is the one to carry word to the other countries about what happened, they will likely make a move. At least the ones that were close with our country."

He switched thinking as a brother to thinking as the King. "I do not think she would stop in Fadress, not after they attacked the Holy Lands. I think she'll likely travel through to Sintelle on their western border. We were in the works for trade agreements via ships when the oceans were not iced over. They would be the first ally she tries to get, I dare say." He thought quietly for a moment as he opened the doors to his rooms. "If any of the advisors are with her, I believe that is where they'll tell her to go first. When Sintelle learns of what happened here, Queen Lillith will likely send spies. Before that happens I will need to use my powers on the castle and make it covered in ice."

He smiled a little weakly at Jonah. "Best to find us some warmer clothes before we need them. We'll have to contain ourselves to a small portion of the castle to keep it heated. While you're off checking on things I can start to move all of the wood we'll need for the kitchen and the rooms. I suppose we should stick to interior rooms since we don't want to arouse suspicion about an Ice King needing heated rooms."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back