• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Limbo Principle [OOC]

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Looks good! I'm liking the whole allergy thing you got goin', and you're clearly bigger brain than me with all that fancy terminology lol

Nicely, I think. Working on it right now, just finished a brief timeline and some other stuff. Should be up at some point, but it'll remain a permanent WIP so I can keep adding stuff to it.

Glad you approve ^^!! Yeah I like making things up hahah! It's not as easy all the time though, sometimes it's sticky and fails to pop-up like constipation poop.

Of course. If you ever want assistance or ideas, give me a shout - worldbuilding is a specialty of mine.

Cheers man, I might take you up on that lol. I don't think I'm too bad at worldbuilding but coming up with names for stuff hurts my soul. Once I've posted the Lore, feel free to let me know anything you think should be added!

Lore thread has been posted

Be warned; it is VERY rough, but I wanted to get it out cause I have to go out for dinner in about ten minutes and I didn't want to put it off and leave you guys hanging for even longer. So yeah it's not great, but it's serviceable. Give me some input on stuff you think should be clarified or added, cause I will definitely be working on it once I get back!

Lore thread has been posted

Be warned; it is VERY rough, but I wanted to get it out cause I have to go out for dinner in about ten minutes and I didn't want to put it off and leave you guys hanging for even longer. So yeah it's not great, but it's serviceable. Give me some input on stuff you think should be clarified or added, cause I will definitely be working on it once I get back!

I like it! A lot! I did raise an eyebrow when humanity managed to construct and launch 29 havens in a year though! That's hyper industrial efficiency there Haha.

Btw, to clarify. Are havens connected to the ground in any way? Orbital elevators or something. Or are they floating entirely.

I like it! A lot! I did raise an eyebrow when humanity managed to construct and launch 29 havens in a year though! That's hyper industrial efficiency there Haha.

Btw, to clarify. Are havens connected to the ground in any way? Orbital elevators or something. Or are they floating entirely.

Desperation will do that lol, they really crunched to get as many Havens operational as possible

They aren't connected, just floaty bois. I did consider having them be tethered but decided against it.

They aren't connected, just floaty bois. I did consider having them be tethered but decided against it.
What's their means of keeping aloft? Turbines, thrusters, anti-grav...

Also, are they pressurized to normal Earth atmosphere, or have humans just adapted to the lower density? They'd be in the mesosphere, iirc, so the air would be pretty thin.

What's their means of keeping aloft? Turbines, thrusters, anti-grav...

Also, are they pressurized to normal Earth atmosphere, or have humans just adapted to the lower density? They'd be in the mesosphere, iirc, so the air would be pretty thin.

I'd say anti-grav, but I didn't put much thought into this cause I don't consider it hugely important. it's a hand-wave, basically. I don't want to explain every detail of the universe and how stuff works cause imo it detracts from the fun and I'm not a big fan of pure sci-fi where that happens. Idk they just float lol

I imagine the Havens are pressurised, they're not open-air cities like Columbia from Bioshock Infinite. Closed cities with airlocks and big windows so people can see the skies, whatnot.

I'd say anti-grav, but I didn't put much thought into this cause I don't consider it hugely important. it's a hand-wave, basically. I don't want to explain every detail of the universe and how stuff works cause imo it detracts from the fun and I'm not a big fan of pure sci-fi where that happens. Idk they just float lol
Fair enough. It isn't hugely important, as you say. Just asking the questions that come to mind.
I imagine the Havens are pressurised, they're not open-air cities like Columbia from Bioshock Infinite. Closed cities with airlocks and big windows so people can see the skies, whatnot.
Makes sense.

No, it's not. I deliberately specified in the lore that AI serve primarily as onboard systems and are restricted from having free will.
yeah I saw that actually hence why I was wondering if it was basically part of someones "brain" in a sense it could develop a personality in a sense that it more started "speaking" with the persons subconscious so its not actually got free will its just making those subconscious thoughts louder

yeah I saw that actually hence why I was wondering if it was basically part of someones "brain" in a sense it could develop a personality in a sense that it more started "speaking" with the persons subconscious so its not actually got free will its just making those subconscious thoughts louder

Uh... no, AI don't interface with humans in the first place so that would never happen

darn, that's disappointing? what if they were a cyborg? or a synth? would it be possible their?

Bionics and Synthetics are still humans, doesn't change anything. Bionic Augments are controlled by the brain and Synthetics are controlled by uploaded human consciousnesses, no AI required for either.

Bionics and Synthetics are still humans, doesn't change anything. Bionic Augments are controlled by the brain and Synthetics are controlled by uploaded human consciousnesses, no AI required for either.
i do understand but what if you were to actually have the AI as well what could happen? ooor? could the uploading to a synthetic cause a split personality?

i do understand but what if you were to actually have the AI as well what could happen? ooor? could the uploading to a synthetic cause a split personality?

But... why would that ever happen? Why would you choose to implant an AI like that, considering the rough resource situation the Havens are in? This absolutely would not happen because Bionic Augments and Synthetic bodies are intended for humans only, and they take up valuable resources to craft and cost a pretty penny. I don't think anyone would consider uploading an AI into a Synthetic body or into a Bionic Augment, especially since primary AI are restricted for use as onboard systems and no one knows what could happen if you have an AI share the same body as a human.

But... why would that ever happen? Why would you choose to implant an AI like that, considering the rough resource situation the Havens are in? This absolutely would not happen because Bionic Augments and Synthetic bodies are intended for humans only, and they take up valuable resources to craft and cost a pretty penny. I don't think anyone would consider uploading an AI into a Synthetic body or into a Bionic Augment, especially since primary AI are restricted for use as onboard systems and no one knows what could happen if you have an AI share the same body as a human.
ok very well, I'm just asking questions to has things out.... but you didn't answer my other question could the uploading process cause a split personality? or is it very much perfect with no possible side effects?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back