• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic The Limbo Principle [OOC]

Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Hextremus

Beyblade Enthusiast
THE LIMBO PRINCIPLE
-OUT OF CHARACTER-

The Out of Character thread for The Limbo Principle. Have fun, lads.

Not as of yet, but I am working on it. Or at least I will once I finish this YouTube video. ETA at least within the next 72 years lol

You guys have any ideas for your characters yet?

You guys have any ideas for your characters yet?
i've got a pretty good idea for a robot. A rogue machine who, after growing tired of working as a slave, built and took to the skies in his own flotilla of flying rafts. He was caught, however, stealing supplies, and was taken into custody at the nearest haven for re-education. He escaped the law, retreating into the slums, but can't escape the city on his own.
vagrant reference.png

I'll play a synthetic, if possible. What do they look like? Anything like one of these, or more human?

I'd say any of those work, though they'd probably be considered rather outlandish in-universe. Just keep in mind that Synths are people placed into robot bodies that they basically get input on designing, so hey if someone wants to look like one of those then sure. I think of the Synthetics as being similar to the Exos from Destiny, as in the human brain can't really handle being in a body too dissimilar to the human body. However, for the sake of creative freedom and looking cool, that applies less to aesthetics and more to stuff like eating and sleeping, so Synthetics just need to be humanoid. Their bodies mimic human functions like breathing and such to allow for easier integration and less risk of... bad things happening. I actually really like the design of that second robot btw. Gives me Battle Droid vibes.

I'm also planning on making a Synthetic character. This is the design I'm thinking of using, but a bit less complex and without the weapons.

I'd say any of those work, though they'd probably be considered rather outlandish in-universe. Just keep in mind that Synths are people placed into robot bodies that they basically get input on designing, so hey if someone wants to look like one of those then sure. I think of the Synthetics as being similar to the Exos from Destiny, as in the human brain can't really handle being in a body too dissimilar to the human body. However, for the sake of creative freedom and looking cool, that applies less to aesthetics and more to stuff like eating and sleeping, so Synthetics just need to be humanoid. Their bodies mimic human functions like breathing and such to allow for easier integration and less risk of... bad things happening. I actually really like the design of that second robot btw. Gives me Battle Droid vibes.
Gotcha. Since it was mentioned that Synths go on excursions to the surface, I thought that it might be practical to give them durable, heavy-duty frames. My next guess was going to be the Exo look, though.

Lol sorry, that design's neat but I'd say machines with that sort of look would be more in line with AI than Synthetics. I'd need to give your idea some thought cause building a flotilla of flying rafts would be rather difficult to pull off in secret, since Havens are quite strict on resource management and tracking and whatnot. Plus, Synths don't work as slaves; they get paid for doing maintenance on Haven exteriors or for their surface excursions, so most Synths are actually quite well off. Relatively.

Gotcha. Since it was mentioned that Synths go on excursions to the surface, I thought that it might be practical to give them durable, heavy-duty frames. My next guess was going to be the Exo look, though.

The initial idea for the Synths were very heavily inspired by the Exo yeah, but I didn't want to have it be as restrictive since there aren't many looks you can find outside of Destiny that look Exo-ey. Exo-esque? Whatever.

The initial idea for the Synths were very heavily inspired by the Exo yeah, but I didn't want to have it be as restrictive since there aren't many looks you can find outside of Destiny that look Exo-ey. Exo-esque? Whatever.
Perhaps older/more experienced Synths would be able to interface with less humanoid bodies, at least for short periods? This would allow them to do tasks that require a more specialized form.

That's probably just my Eclipse Phase experience taking though. You can always just have automatons/AI operators for that sort of thing.

Perhaps older/more experienced Synths would be able to interface with less humanoid bodies, at least for short periods? This would allow them to do tasks that require a more specialized form.

That's probably just my Eclipse Phase experience taking though. You can always just have automatons/AI operators for that sort of thing.

Like, body jumping? Hm I never actually thought of that. Actually neat idea but you're right, takes less effort to send in an AI or automaton of some sort.

What about playing as an AI?

That's something I kinda want to avoid. I envision the AI as being more like... helpers than anything else. So they do things like look after ships and systems and secure places, but they're very restrained and programmed to be obedient to avoid a Skynet situation happening. Basically an AI with free will is a big no-no, and I wasn't planning on making AI themselves a big deal.

This seems like a neat idea. Maybe there's a tradesman of some sort so dedicated to his craft that he cast away his humanity in favor of efficiency.

That's something I kinda want to avoid. I envision the AI as being more like... helpers than anything else.
So like Cortana, or R2D2?

So like Cortana, or R2D2?

The idea I have for the AI is more like the Cephalons from Warframe, AI installed onto ships and into buildings and such like onboard systems. Smaller 'bodies' controlled by AI would either be less intelligent than a primary AI, or would be controlled directly by a primary AI. For example if a ship were to send out a drone, that drone would either be an AI less intelligent than the ship's AI or would be controlled directly by the ship's AI, depending on circumstances and what the drone is needed for.

Thinking of playing either a bionic or au natural organic who works as a scientist with one of the synthframe manufacturers ^3^

Also, didn't you guys know? Sentient AI is impossible due to the Dotonbori Initiative?

Dotonbori Initiative of 2192 - A Universal consensus by all of humanity that all forms of AI should be affixed with a Heisenhower Limiter. The Limiter essentially prohibits uncontrolled evolution of the AI cortex. The Dotonbori Initiative was based on the Briggs-Heisenhower Postulate. A theory that all forms of Superior Technical Processing Minds will eventually conclude that the volatile and unpredictable nature of humanity is a plague that must be eradicated in order to evolve. Thus, the Dotonbori Initiative was passed in foresight to prevent the possibility that humanity's own creations would be the cause of their own extinction.
Ripped this piece right off one of my own RP's xD

Last edited:
Thinking of playing either a bionic or au natural organic who works as a scientist with one of the synthframe manufacturers ^3^

Also, didn't you guys know? Sentient AI is impossible due to the Dotonbori Initiative?

I like the sound of that! Good to finally see someone being a human and not a robot lol

And yes I knew that. I definitely knew that. It's common knowledge, isn't it? I definitely... yeah...
(Thank you I knew I was forgetting something lmao)

I like the sound of that! Good to finally see someone being a human and not a robot lol

And yes I knew that. I definitely knew that. It's common knowledge, isn't it? I definitely... yeah...
(Thank you I knew I was forgetting something lmao)

It's okay, it is each one's duty to remind others lest we forget the reason why we even made it this far, as unimpressive as it is ^3^

Character Sheets thread is up laddies

I deliberately left 'em kinda plain cause I'm okay with you guys changing it up. Format it however you want, just get the important stuff down. Feel free to leave out personality and/or backstory, always fun to find stuff out as the RP progresses. I'm not exactly reinventing the wheel, they're character sheets I think you guys know what you're doing lol

Woo! I think I'm going to tend towards a mild bionic. An arm and an eye kind of thing. Really nothing way out there, pretty much like the Doctor's nurse in Alita BA.

CS done! Hextremus Hextremus do let me know if it needs changes ^^!

Looks good! I'm liking the whole allergy thing you got goin', and you're clearly bigger brain than me with all that fancy terminology lol

How's the lore coming along, Hextremus Hextremus ?

Nicely, I think. Working on it right now, just finished a brief timeline and some other stuff. Should be up at some point, but it'll remain a permanent WIP so I can keep adding stuff to it.

Nicely, I think. Working on it right now, just finished a brief timeline and some other stuff. Should be up at some point, but it'll remain a permanent WIP so I can keep adding stuff to it.
Of course. If you ever want assistance or ideas, give me a shout - worldbuilding is a specialty of mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back