• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
I just wanna say: Lost Echo Lost Echo that I really appreciate that you've constructed an OC that carries so many prejudices toward "monsters" and yet also has a compassionate human side. I'm definitely reading too much into it, but the assumptions that Meg makes about strangers because of her... "beastism(racism but with beasts???)" vaguely remind me of some modern racial assumptions that people make about others without actually getting to know them.

I dunno. It's one thing to make a gorgeous OC with no flaws and loves world peace (and the world would be a much better place if everyone DID see things that way), but there's something admirable about giving your OC a very tangible quirk that could actually make them less likeable, but one that you also hope, because you like the OC's other attributes, that their quirks change over time.

I just wanna say: Lost Echo Lost Echo that I really appreciate that you've constructed an OC that carries so many prejudices toward "monsters" and yet also has a compassionate human side. I'm definitely reading too much into it, but the assumptions that Meg makes about strangers because of her... "beastism(racism but with beasts???)" vaguely remind me of some modern racial assumptions that people make about others without actually getting to know them.

I dunno. It's one thing to make a gorgeous OC with no flaws and loves world peace (and the world would be a much better place if everyone DID see things that way), but there's something admirable about giving your OC a very tangible quirk that could actually make them less likeable, but one that you also hope, because you like the OC's other attributes, that their quirks change over time.
Thank you. That is exactly what I've been trying for. It is a reflection of the "softer racism" that a lot of people indulge in. I can't really play anyone cruel, but I wanted to try that dynamic--especially where it's self-directed and what she was taught. I wanted to try and have her transition toward equality as she realizes she's not a mistake. I'm really glad that it is working. Thank you so much for saying so.

I just realized I should probably have asked what the weather was like Genii Genii before just assuming it was hot as hell, ROFL since it rained the previous evening. Is it okay if the day is like... post rain muggy hot or did you intend it to be cloudy or overcast something different? 😅

I just realized I should probably have asked what the weather was like Genii Genii before just assuming it was hot as hell, ROFL since it rained the previous evening. Is it okay if the day is like... post rain muggy hot or did you intend it to be cloudy or overcast something different? 😅
I think a few characters have mentioned is was sunny, so that’s alright. It’s summertime too, so I imagine it’ll get warmer as the day goes on.

_______

I’m thinking about adding a second MC, just to boost the Veteran numbers and have a character available at the Inn while my first (Percy) is away. 🤔

Genii Genii Was the muddy water from the geyser hot? Or just pushed up by pressure? I didn't want to assume one way or another.

I just wanted to note that I'm waiting to see whether or not the Ruins gang can hear Calixto before posting a new post :csmile: But I'm still around!

I just wanted to note that I'm waiting to see whether or not the Ruins gang can hear Calixto before posting a new post :csmile: But I'm still around!
No worries, I thought that might be the case.

Astrophil Astrophil has been so patient waiting for the group to reach the woods, and I think now would be a good point to introduce them. ☺️

If you’re not ready though, no pressure - they could always come across them on the way back.

… If they live. Muhahahar! Just kidding. 👀

I'm still around. Just sipping on my mug of coffee.

I'm sure that everyone could hear the fighting and Cal's screams of disgust about dirt being on his clothes.

Last edited:
I'm (intentionally) a mile or so away from everyone, following from a distance and all. And right now, my goons wouldn't be aware that either Cal, nor the griffin-nappers are present and near the group they're tracking. So unless someone either gets struck by lightning or detonates an explosive, I'm no help. Apologies! 😥

Honestly if it gets things rolling on our end and Genii Genii is okay with it, be my guest.

Also the image of Thunder just rolling around in the mud is the most adorable thing. 🥰

Lol! I’m just giving people time to catch up on that one. ☺️

The Professor wouldn’t be able to help, but Stan would (stupidly) get involved.

Stan: “Oi! Pick on someone your own size!” [ducks behind Adolphus] 😏

Ten gold deducted for the bush-push. 😂

I’m joking. Their contact can pay more, but not less than the quest slip states. Unless their contact snuffs it. Then they get diddly squat. 😅🙈

Calixto: "I have no interest in joining the guild."
Hunter's Guild: "We have jobs that pay you in gold."
Calixto: "Count me in."

Ten gold deducted for the bush-push. 😂

I’m joking. Their contact can pay more, but not less than the quest slip states. Unless their contact snuffs it. Then they get diddly squat. 😅🙈
10/10 Bush strat skillz. 🤩

I'll get a post in by tomorrow. Waiting for the rest of the responses of the others first.

Also, no killing the remaining three just yet. Ser Oli and I have uses for them, but I wouldn't oppose to them having critical damage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back