• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Hunter’s Inn || OOC

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Xen likes bathhouses. Back in Asterion, the minotaurs had them everywhere. It was a new concept introduced to Dreema.

Xen says, '"Okay, no squishing." I'm not sure how strong he's suppose to be, but definitely strong enough to overpower the three easily physically speaking. He once knocked a male of similar size unconscious for several hours after the other male called Xen's father a fool.

Question time. When you are reading character dialogue both here and in general, do you assign a voice to them? Let's say you read a Star Trek TNG novel. Do you hear the cast members from the show speaking their parts in your head? Anyone here who has assigned a voice to their character?

Xen likes bathhouses. Back in Asterion, the minotaurs had them everywhere. It was a new concept introduced to Dreema.

Xen says, '"Okay, no squishing." I'm not sure how strong he's suppose to be, but definitely strong enough to overpower the three easily physically speaking. He once knocked a male of similar size unconscious for several hours after the other male called Xen's father a fool.

Question time. When you are reading character dialogue both here and in general, do you assign a voice to them? Let's say you read a Star Trek TNG novel. Do you hear the cast members from the show speaking their parts in your head? Anyone here who has assigned a voice to their character?
I like to imagine the Stanley's Parable narrator narrating general dialogue. I've never given much thought towards direct dialogues

Oh definitely. 😂

Xenophon, quite elegant sounding thanks to his time as a scribe. Adolphus deep and gravelly. Fain, mysterious. Meg friendly but nervous. Ramirez, friendly (northern England?) accent. Ivan, laidback carefree. Stan over confident and cheeky, trying to impress. Barry sounds tired. Oh so tired. And Percival could be fresh out of Eton.

Still getting a feel for our antagonists.

I'm so bad that my beloved nPC's don't even get voices. ~sawbs in sulk-ese.~ 😂

I'm curious though, what with everyone on missions, how are new members intended to make their intros?

Got it!

And yeah, the love-hate is real with them two. 🤣

I'm used to doing brief IM chat rp interactions, so doing long posts where I have to clarify things is new for me, but makes for some fun, all the same.

Last edited:
You’re doing great, and the detail is much appreciated. 😁

Saying that though, I don’t mind short posts as long as they keep the ball rolling - especially once the scene has been set and characters get chatting etc. 👍

I feel that. Lol Discord rps will always have a special place with me but honestly rping via forum is proving to be it's own special kind of fun. I personally can't wait for the battle sequences! 😳

I feel that. Lol Discord rps will always have a special place with me but honestly rping via forum is proving to be it's own special kind of fun. I personally can't wait for the battle sequences! 😳
I’m RPing with a few buddies on Discord. The pace is a lot quicker, almost real-time if we’re all online, but the posts are much shorter. 😅

I find servers quite cramped, and I have to type my responses in a notepad first, to make sure the paragraphs come out ok. 🙈 I do like how it pings you though. 👍

I’m RPing with a few buddies on Discord. The pace is a lot quicker, almost real-time if we’re all online, but the posts are much shorter. 😅

I find servers quite cramped, and I have to type my responses in a notepad first, to make sure the paragraphs come out ok. 🙈 I do like how it pings you though. 👍
I haven't done this in forever and now you're giving me withdrawals. Realtiming it was the best part! 😂😂😂 GENII WAIII

I imagine different voices in my head, and their tone and inflection depends on their personality. I don't know where I get the sources from though hahaha

They almost do. I think a few more posts and I’ll have a better idea. 😁

I can throw another OC in the guildhall if needed.
I can also throw another OC in the Guild Hall if needed! I'll have to spend a little bit of time getting a character and whatnot together for him, but I'm starting to get the itch to create a male character :angel:

I can also throw another OC in the Guild Hall if needed! I'll have to spend a little bit of time getting a character and whatnot together for him, but I'm starting to get the itch to create a male character :angel:
Woo! This is exciting. 😁

I’m actually working on my second character’s bio now, and have typed up an intro post for him. 👀

It’ll be good to keep things ticking over back at the guild. I’m worried any potential newcomers might think the thread is dead. 😅🙈

We need an Out Hunting sign. Lol!

I don't at all actually. It makes me terrible at writing accents.
They almost do. I think a few more posts and I’ll have a better idea. 😁

I can throw another OC in the guildhall if needed.
I'm also willing to make another veteran character. Though it'll likely happen this evening.

Oh, and for Discord, I'm actually used to using it for ooc stuff.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back