• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Guildstone Chronicles ((Questing Thread))

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
half_orc_elf_by_doggerman.png

[Location: Sangana Village]
{Interactions: Akeldama Uasal Uasal )

"A poor reaction to impending death then" Vas'On said as he followed Akeldama "One should meet their end with a grin and a clenched fist. Do not go quietly or politely I always say" whether he lived or died, he'd leave a mark on his opponent that would stay with them for the rest of their lives, eternal or not. He personally didn't worry about death. It would come for him eventually, untill then, he'd continue to live.

Vas'On looked towards the balcony and sighed "You'd think that maids would have more to do than standing around in high and dark places" he said. He was aware of the tense situation but someone had to be the comedic relief. Getting too wound up was a good way to make mistakes "could have at least had tea and cookies prepared" he mumbled.

"I get that it is probably a vampire thing, but I honestly don't get the whole 'smells bad' thing. I personally enjoy her smell, she keeps herself clean. I've traveled with quite a few adventurers who just didn't bathe the entire time we traveled. I may not have your sensitive nose, but I still have a pretty good sense of smell" the half-orc shook his head. Though his tone was relaxed, his body was ready to move at a moments notice.​

1631122111072.png1631122122233.png
Akel's gaze followed the arrow point as Vas'on commented on how the maids of this manor seemed to have very little to do, his comment on cookies almost even made Akel chuckle despite her serious attitude. Vas'on always had something smart to say at the most serious of moments, it was something Akel never really understood. How could the man so fearlessly joke in times of danger or during situations most grave. She had fought alongside him many times now and even when he was beaten within an inch of his life the man always seemed to be grinning. How absurd, it must have been an orc thing. Speaking of, Akel visibly rolled her eyes when he mentioned enjoying her scent. How was Akel supposed to honestly react to such a comment when an arrow of silver was being aimed at her heart. How was she supposed to react to it at all. Who would ever say something like that? Vas'on apparently.

Dodging the loosed arrow with ease Akel split it down the middle as it passed her by, turning to glare at Vas'on momentarily before producing multiple shadow tendrils around herself "Honestly, could you not attempt to flirt with me when we're in the middle of enemy territory. And what in the nine levels of hell was that comment anyway? Do you go around smelling me? I want a different room". Akel's tendrils soon sharpened into spear-like appendages the shot off toward the vampire's location, digging deep into the wall behind where she had vanished from seconds before impact. "Could you please, at least try to take out some vampires. Honestly... You think I smell good! What are you even talking about! Think before you speak". If Akel could blush, she most certainly would have however her pale complexion remained the same as her shadows vanished.

Reappearing atop the wall the vampire maid shot a barrage of arrows toward the duo before appearing upon the roof to do the same again "Are you two seriously having a lover quarrel in the middle of a fight to the death? Disgusting..." The maid would continue to vanish and reappear while firing barrages in between at remarkable speeds. Akel seemed to be more than able to dodge the arrows with her slender build and agility but for a large target like Vas'on how would he react? "Disgusting! Absolutely revolting! I mean... Just gross look at yourselves... he's... I'm going to puke"
Seraph Darkfire Seraph Darkfire

Vas'On frowned "Now how is that flirting? How is it that when a woman compliments a man, she's just being nice, but when a man does the same he's trying to flirt?" he scoffed "As for smelling you, we've literally spent time in close proximity, it would be quite impossible not to smell you" he grumbled as the other vampire took aim at him. Try to be polite and compliment someone on their good hygiene and everyone loses their mind.

As for dealing with the arrows, his body crackled with electricity as he moved his arms and used his graceful style to simply knock fatal arrows out of the way, letting non-fatal ones graze his tough skin. Who needed armor when you could take a beating like a dragon? He didn't Break.

"Fight to the death? Hardly" he rolled his eyes as he waited for the barrage to lull before reaching up to his palm with his nails "You want a fight to the death, I'll give you one" he dug into the flesh of his skin and ripped away enough to cause blood to drip freely to the ground. He'd give it a few seconds before he reached for the healing potion. The smell of his blood filled the courtyard almost immediately and he noticed nothing but the average scent of iron and ozone.​

53b7051d6ca949684f705896eaefc17f.jpg

The Salvager

A medium sized ship of sleek design. Meant for speed and maneuverability among the shallows reefs and outcrops of the sacred isles. Ideal crew size: 10 -15.
Key of Stars Key of Stars SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Uasal Uasal RatKing RatKing Yahhah Yahhah
"The name is Freed, my business is the fact that I saw your add at a local tavern and figure it sounded like a pretty interesting time all things considered."

The parrot captain cocked his head, examining the diminutive creature. They wouldn't be much good for the heavy lifting, but small and nimble had its place aboard any vessel. Scrapper made a thoughtful 'harumph!' as he nodded. It wasn't the end of his questions, but at that point he caught sight of the rest of a motley group making their way up the pier, close enough to begin to impede the hectic loading efforts. Preparations were in their final stages, though it might not be clear to the untrained eye. A storm was on the way and the old-timer had no time for delays. Several old feathers scattered loose as Scrapper flapped his wings. His voice reached a good halfway across the docks, screeching the very same question he'd asked the goblin. "Who goes?! State the name and business!"
Mercantis
A port-side city along the northern coast of Lantana. Governed by the House of Cards.

96bfad6b8178aa4fa2c89a16ea34a782.jpg

1631283686579.png1631283701958.png1631283723786.png
As soon as Vas'on tore away at his palm and the scent of his blood was released into the cool night air Akel and the Vampire maid both came to a sudden halt, eyes darting to Vas'on in sync both women bearing their fangs as their glowing red eyes pierced the night itself. Akel who was considerably closer to Vas'on was not taking the situation well, in fact, it was taking all her strength and focus not to attack the man she called her friend. With the moon full Akel's mind had already been swaying toward her more primal instincts but with Vas'on's elven blood mixed in things were suddenly far worse than she had anticipated.

It was sickening, quite literally. The stress Akel was putting on herself was immense, every inch of her body was screaming out pain and her mind was in absolute turmoil. She was a sitting duck at this point, if she diverted any attention to the maid's attacks she might end up losing control. Although fortunately for Akel it was very likely she was no longer the target of the woman's attacks. Why yes as a matter of fact it was quite obvious considering the Maid was stood in a daze licking her lips atop the wall.

"A half-elf... I see... how...sweet a smell. I've yet to even taste it and already the smell is intoxicating" The maid spoke loudly, her voice shaking as she watched the blood drip to the grass. After the second drop even reached that far she had vanished and reappeared behind Vas'on, her arms around his neck, claws scratching ever so slightly as she prepared to bite down on the man's neck. But before she could do so the maid would be pulled back by her hair and thrown with great force into the stone wall of the manor. The culprit who had done so was no other than another maid. This new maid seemed to be the most refined and maid like of the three and with how hard the woman had thrown Vas'on's assailant it was clear she was far stronger than the last who relyed on a bow. Her presence was even stronger and although it was clear her eyes were just as hungry she seemed to be able to at least hide her bloodlust from detection. If she was going to attack it would be hard to tell when and how.

Reaching for Vas'on the new maid would lightly graze his neck guard before vanishing at the first sign of retaliation, appearing on Vas'on's blindside only to kick him as hard as she could in the side not once but twice in rapid succession in an attempt to send the man flying or wind him.

Last edited:
Leonidas HoodLeonidas Hood.jpg
Mentions: Sylph Sylph SilverFeathers SilverFeathers
Leonidas' feet hit the dock with a little more force than he would have wanted, especially now that he was carrying both Ymir and his instrument case. He barely managed to avoid dropping anything which was a rather huge relief. If he dropped Ymir he would probably actually not live to tell the tale and if he dropped his instrument case he would have to take on some serious debt. He turned to Nanalee. "You alright?" The first time he travelled using the waystone he had been left feeling fairly disoriented.

"Who goes?! State the name and business!" Leonidas cast his gaze towards the ship, quickly inspecting it before making eye contact with the owner of the voice. The ship itself was decently sized, around the same size as his old ship but of a completely different design. The captain, or well at least Leonidas assumed they were the captain judging by the way they talked was a bird, which Leonidas really wanted to be surprised at but during his time at the guild he had seen far weirder things.

"I'm Leo, I'm looking to hunt down every pirate going by the name Leonard Hower." He yelled back. "You can put me to work along the way, I've spent at least a tenth of my life on the sea, I can do whatever job you give me."

"This,"
He nodded towards Ymir on his shoulder. "is Ymir. She's normally not this... uh... well... unconscious. Yea she's not normally this unconscious." He repeated the line with more confidence, realizing how stupid it sounded but not able to come up with anything better.

Nanalee Imphon | Of Spiritual Snow
A curious explorer with a love for battle, adventure and power.

Instinctively, as her talons left the ground, Nanalee began lightly flapping her wings, letting go of the companions she used to travel here. But before she knew it, she found herself stumbling over a wooden floor, her talons scraping little markings as she quickly regained her bearings. The distinct smell of the sea and strong ocean breeze assaulted her senses as she slowly processed Leo's words. "You alright?" "Um, er- yup!" She responded in her usual cheerful tone, though it wasn't quite the most reassuring-sounding reply. Internally, she pondered how Leo managed to keep everything together so well as they teleported, since neither the unconscious woman or his strange case seemed to have moved during the process.

Eyes lured by the grand expanse of blue before them, Nanalee's thoughts were quickly diverted as a powerful excitement fueled her being. Though she was experienced with the sea close to her home village in Aestir, the idea of a completely foreign sea and world was incredibly moving. The ocean before her already looked and smelled quite different from the frozen seas she was used to.

"Who goes?! State the name and business!" A loud squawk from afar entered her ears, as her sharp harpy eyes shot towards the colourful bird in the sky. Though curious about all the talking animals she's encountered recently, Nanalee decided on following Leo's lead and introducing herself to the old parrot. Perhaps others might not be able to tell at a glance, but Nanalee could see that the talking parrot was quite old in years. For him to still have so much energy, was quite inspiring. She could only hope that she'd be the same when she neared her end. Leaping into the air and flying towards the squawker, Nanalee smiled lightly as she introduced herself.

"Hello! I'm Nanalee! I'm just looking to explore and adventure, if you'll have me. I can scout locations ahead of the ship, help hunt for fresh fish whilst we sail and do whatever other odd jobs you think would be suitable for me." She explained, whilst stealing a glance at the sailing vessel below her. "Oh, just a warning though. I might not be good at more intricate labour, due to my wings." She waved her hands a little to show what she meant.

sk2_by_mad__machine-dcis68l.png
Ruvo Steelfeather
Locaton: Mercantis Docks
Mentions: Sylph Sylph
Reappearing at the Mercantis Docks, Ruvo was in a great mood. Not only did he get the reward for completing the quest in Sigmar, but he had also moved up a rank in the guild. Seems a job well done and looking after Milby for a good few hours had its benefits. Now looking around for those that left before him he soon spotted where the group had gone thanks to some help from the enchanted map. It seemed they were heading toward a medium sized vessel with red sails and the name 'The Salvager' escribed on its side. Catching up with the guild members as they approached the pier a scratchy voice called out from the other side of the dock asking who they were and what they were doing approaching the vessel. Trying to locate who the voice had come from Ruvo eventually set his eyes on what seemed to be a regular parrot, though whether or not the bird had been trained to ask that or if it was legitimately talking and questioning him he was not sure yet. Either way he felt it was better to answer than to ignore the question, after all he himself was a talking bird man so why wouldn't this parrot be able to talk?

"I am Ruvo Steelfeather, I am here to take part in the expedition to the Sacred Isles and record the tales of the expedition for story and song. I can offer you my skill as a carpenter and a musician in exchange for being allowed to join the voyage" he said hoping that the old parrot would find his answer satisfactory.

1631426189634.png
Eiru Eagna
Gold Support
Fae Witch

Eiru was not pleased at all with how her day was going and to be quite honest she never dealt well with cold and harsh environments. No fae did, the rigid north was almost barren of life and considered abandoned by nature. Of course, there was wildlife and some fauna to be sure but compared to the rest of the world bar maybe deserts Fae despised this kind of environment the most. This was a well-known fact too despite the obscurity of Fae meaning that this punishment the arcane house had set up for Eiru really was nothing short of torture for the small witch. Her mood was completely ruined from the onset and having to deal with Ymir and Azalea fighting had only worsened that mood since. But at least there was one good thing to come of this situation. Ah yes the one thing Eiru was actually looking forward to if only a little.

Walking down the port with her broom in hand Eiru held her hat to her head and hopped like a child from the raised gangplank onto the Salvager. Looking to the captain with a childlike smile Eiru released her broom and let it hover aside her as she gave the parrot a wide wave. "Skipper! Oi!" Making her way to the upper deck Eiru stood aside from the parrot and quickly produced a cracker from her bag of holding offering it with an open palm to the captain her eyes were like jewels as she watched the creature closely "Long time no see, what has it been? Two years? Three?" Reaching for another cracker Eiru offered another "Look at you! All ruff and tough looking! When was the last time you cleaned your feathers! Honestly! c'mere let me fix you up!" Extending her hand rapidly as the parrot moved for the cracker Eiru made an attempt to capture the creature with her other hand.​

View attachment 912209View attachment 912210View attachment 912211
As soon as Vas'on tore away at his palm and the scent of his blood was released into the cool night air Akel and the Vampire maid both came to a sudden halt, eyes darting to Vas'on in sync both women bearing their fangs as their glowing red eyes pierced the night itself. Akel who was considerably closer to Vas'on was not taking the situation well, in fact, it was taking all her strength and focus not to attack the man she called her friend. With the moon full Akel's mind had already been swaying toward her more primal instincts but with Vas'on's elven blood mixed in things were suddenly far worse than she had anticipated.

It was sickening, quite literally. The stress Akel was putting on herself was immense, every inch of her body was screaming out pain and her mind was in absolute turmoil. She was a sitting duck at this point, if she diverted any attention to the maid's attacks she might end up losing control. Although fortunately for Akel it was very likely she was no longer the target of the woman's attacks. Why yes as a matter of fact it was quite obvious considering the Maid was stood in a daze licking her lips atop the wall.

"A half-elf... I see... how...sweet a smell. I've yet to even taste it and already the smell is intoxicating" The maid spoke loudly, her voice shaking as she watched the blood drip to the grass. After the second drop even reached that far she had vanished and reappeared behind Vas'on, her arms around his neck, claws scratching ever so slightly as she prepared to bite down on the man's neck. But before she could do so the maid would be pulled back by her hair and thrown with great force into the stone wall of the manor. The culprit who had done so was no other than another maid. This new maid seemed to be the most refined and maid like of the three and with how hard the woman had thrown Vas'on's assailant it was clear she was far stronger than the last who relyed on a bow. Her presence was even stronger and although it was clear her eyes were just as hungry she seemed to be able to at least hide her bloodlust from detection. If she was going to attack it would be hard to tell when and how.

Reaching for Vas'on the new maid would lightly graze his neck guard before vanishing at the first sign of retaliation, appearing on Vas'on's blindside only to kick him as hard as she could in the side not once but twice in rapid succession in an attempt to send the man flying or wind him.

'Never would have thought that being looked at with such desire would be this off putting' Vas'On thought to himself as both women drew a bead on him. Then the maid's arms were around him and he silently cursed himself for getting distracted before she was suddenly tossed off him by the newest arrival. At first he wondered if she was on their side before she immediately attacked him. This time he was ready though and was able to block it before she set him careening into a nearby wall. He pulled himself free and took a moment to down a healing potion to let his wounds close up. Though the smell wouldn't dissipate quickly, it wouldn't grow stronger either, at least for the time being. The way Akeldama had looked at him...she'd quite literally been thirsty. Oh the teasing he was going to subject her to later! But first, he needed her clear headed.

He'd give her the time she needed. He leaned forwards and electricty rippled across his body, filling the air around him with the smell of ozone. Then he was gone. In agility he wasn't a vampire's match, but raw explosive power? There were very few creatures that could match him at his rank. The maid suddenly found herself face to face with Vas'On's fist as the ground exploded from where he'd launched himself in a straight line at her, the remaining wall tumbling down as his kick off disrupted the foundation.

Akeldama kept up with him through using her speed and ability to avoid his attacks before he threw them but there were times he caught her off guard. In a straight race, he didn't have to out pace her, all he'd had to do was make every step count. In a straight line, from point A to point B, he was unstoppable.​

Captain Scrapper

Mentions: Yahhah Yahhah Key of Stars Key of Stars SilverFeathers SilverFeathers RatKing RatKing Uasal Uasal
The captain fixed them all with a steely eye, nodding along as they explained their abilities and motivations. For the time being the rest of the crew could go on loading without him. There were enough regulars around to keep things moving smoothly.

"The name is Freed, my business is the fact that I saw your add at a local tavern and figure it sounded like a pretty interesting time all things considered." Scrapper nodded. He wouldn't be surprised if the goblin had been part of a pirate ship once, by the way they talked, but that only meant they'd be all the more effective if it came down to a fight.

"I've spent at least a tenth of my life on the sea, I can do whatever job you give me." Leo got close to an approving nod. A ready-to-sail deckhand was a rare commodity. Even if Scrapper was used to working with less, it would be a welcome change. "This is Ymir. She's normally not this... uh... well... unconscious."

Speaking of 'less' - the captain looked unimpressed with the unconscious figure draped over their should like a rug. His disjointed feathers puffed up in agitation as he leapt off the perch. It wouldn't be the first time he'd taken in a criminal, but they were expected to work hard as the rest. They didn't have room to be carrying around dead weight. "No prisoners on board! Deckhands only. Kraaaa-!"

"Hello!"

"Kraa-?!" Scrapper's grousing spluttered to a stop as a much larger wingspan appeared in front of him, all silver feathers and wide smiles.

"I'm Nanalee! I'm just looking to explore and adventure, if you'll have me."

Scrapper tilted his head. The well-kept plumage clearly wasn't used to seeing weeks at sea, but if they were prepared for it, then an extra set of eyes in the sky would be a merit. "I can scout locations ahead of the ship... though I might not be good at more intricate labour, due to my wings."

"Very well!" Cleaning would be needed, but that was admissible. Scrapper swooped down to perch on a different railing overlooking the group, training his eye on the next in line. Another avian folk, though this one appeared more bird than human.

"I am Ruvo Steelfeather... I can offer you my skill as a carpenter and a musician in exchange for being allowed to join the voyage."

Songmaster.
Scrapper bobbed his head, appearing satisfied, though the reason remained obscure. "Understood!"

The selection thus far had been better than usual. A step above some of the raff that piled in off the street. They might even survive the expedition, if they were as skilled as they appeared. Perhaps with the spoils to show for their troubles...

"Skipper! Oi!" A cheery voice called from down the plank. Scrapped glanced over, seeing another human he assumed was there to join the journey. They appeared overly enthusiastic, striding past what he considered a respectable distance and pulling something out of their bag... "Long time no see, what has it been? Two years? Three?" They appeared to know him, though Scrapper had no recollection. Humans all looked the same - a fact they tried to hide with colourful pelts - but this one seemed unaware. Scapper eyed the cracker they held out with indignant fury. "Look at you! All ruff and tough looking! When was the last time you cleaned your feathers! Honestly! c'mere let me fix you up-!"

He saw their hand reaching for him and struck, half on instinct, half out of annoyance, the hook of his beak aiming for the soft part between their finger and thumb. He'd had enough of being touched and coddled by his previous owner, let alone by humans he didn't remember.

"State the name and business!" Scrapper screeched, relocating himself to a higher railing. Sweeping his eye over the other recruits he attemted to flatten out his ruffled plumage. "All others joining, yes?! Ask the questions now! We leave before third bell!"

Freed
People nearby/Mentions: Sylph Sylph Key of Stars Key of Stars SilverFeathers SilverFeathers RatKing RatKing Uasal Uasal

As Freed was awaiting a response from the old parrot one of his floppy ears twitched and the goblin turned around to see what looked like some sort of company making their way down the dock. They looked to be mostly human with a pair of bird looking humanoids among them complete with wings and feathers and all. They also had some kind of hostage which was certainly noted.

They introduced themselves one by one and gave off their own introductions. One of them seemed to ruffle the captain's feathers and so he flew up and gave orders for them to ask any questions, the goblin realized he had yet to actually tell what he was good at but he sort of shrugged and figured he'd give it out when it came up. "Quite an interesting crew we got here" Freed observed while looking around at just about all the others. Seemingly sizing them up, looked to be an incredibly varied and odd group. Perfect for adventuring and whatnot.

"No questions come to mind at the moment, but I'll let ya know if something does. By the way don't think you bunch caught the name, it's Freed, I'm a professional, don't worry about it, nice ta meet ya" Freed answered the question to the parrot and introduced himself to the other adventurer's that'd arrived. After that he took a moment to make sure he had the necessary powders, ammo, and parts to craft anything he may need on the voyage and satisfied that he did got ready to go whenever that bell sounded.

1631653197512.png
Eiru Eagna
Gold Support
Fae Witch

Eiru recoiled quickly when the captain struck her, tears welling up in her eyes as she hugged her hand close to her chest and bit her lip in an attempt not to cry out in pain. Crouching down Eiru hit her face from view with her big hat and did her best to remain quiet as the pain slowly subsided over the course of a minute or two. Wiping her eyes Eiru returned to her feet and took her broom back into her hand with a pout, eyes still red "Hmph! That's the last time I ever give you crackers you vicious beast! Hmph!". Reaching into her bag Eiru produced the letter Azlea had written explaining the situation with Ymir as well as the letter of introduction the Arcane family had given her to ensure her safe travel and identity whenever asked for. "You've grown so mean! And to think you used to be so cute and cuddly! I'm Eiru Eagna, I'm taking part in an expedition to the northern lands and I'll be overseeing both Leo and Ymir. Ymir being the unconscious woman... I believe she's tied up due to her own carnal desires but I'm sure the letter has a far better yet more dull explanation written within.".

After the captain had read the letters Eiru returned them to her bag and sat atop her broom looking out at the group that had assembled for the expedition. Azalea was keen on her joining the expedition while investigating the ruins and as far as Eiru could tell many of the group seemed to be at Iron in rank. This wasn't a bad thing, in fact, many expeditions were made up of iron ranks entirely but considering Eiru knew few of their faces it made sense that Azalea had her concerns. Looking to Nanalee Eiru offered a soft smile "A harpy huh and a snow harpy at that. It's been quite a while since I met any of your kind out and about this far into the central realms. My name Is Eiru, a pleasure to meet you"
Sylph Sylph SilverFeathers SilverFeathers

Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Yahhah Yahhah Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal
"Understood!" the parrot replied seemingly satisfied with what he had to offer.

"Oh. That was...easy?" he thought to himself caught a little off guard from how brief of a response the parrot had given him. He had half expected to have to prove what he said he could do, but maybe the captain was just really good at telling if someone was lying or perhaps they were in a rush.

Ruvo’s thoughts to himself, however, were interrupted when Eiru walked past the group, up the gangplank, and onto the deck of the ship to strike up a conversation with Captain Scrapper as if they were old friends. Though his confidence in their supposed established friendship quickly diminished as he watched Captain Scrapper swiftly bite down on the witch’s hand before repositioning himself on a higher up perch.

“Perhaps it was the cliche offering of crackers to a parrot” he said guessing as to what provoked the captain to strike.

"All others joining, yes?! Ask the questions now! We leave before third bell!" Ah so they were in a rush to get sailing as soon as possible.

“I don’t think I have any questions aside from where should we put our stuff down?” Truth be told he could of certainly asked plenty of questions having never sailed before but he wasn’t going to risk sounding like a complete novice and getting kicked off the expedition team by asking every question he could think of. Plus they were in a rush right?

By the way don't think you bunch caught the name, it's Freed, I'm a professional, don't worry about it, nice ta meet ya"

“Hello Freed, it is good to meet you too” he returned the greeting, though he was curious about one thing. “A professional at sailing? Or…” he trailed off spotting the patches of soot and dust that dotted the goblin’s attire. Perhaps they were an expert cannoneer or something of that sort.

Mentions: Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal RatKing RatKing Yahhah Yahhah
"No prisoners on board! Deckhands only. Kraaaa-!" Leonidas couldn't stop a small laugh from escaping his lips before hurriedly correcting the captain. "She's not a prisoner, the reason she's tied up is well... it's complicated." The captain didn't seem to be paying attention, having already moved on to focus his attention on Nanalee instead. Leonidas shrugged, he could always explain later. He slightly adjusted the instrument case on his shoulder before walking onto the ship, setting Ymir down against the wall of what was most likely the captain's quarters.

He relocated the instrument case to his other shoulder and walked over to where the captain was now engaged in conversation with Eiru, who he hadn't even realized had arrived. "-taking part in an expedition to the northern lands and I'll be overseeing both Leo and Ymir. Ymir being the unconscious woman... I believe she's tied up due to her own carnal desires but I'm sure the letter has a far better yet more dull explanation written within." He scraped his throat. "You're overseeing who now? I thought I was quite clear on not needing a babysitter." He sighed. "It's good that Azalea actually wrote that letter she mentioned though, I wasn't sure how to explain Ymir being tied up yet."

"All others joining, yes?! Ask the questions now! We leave before third bell!" Leonidas was about to ask something but Ruvo spoke up first. “I don’t think I have any questions aside from where should we put our stuff down?” Leonidas nodded, he had been wondering the same thing. Whatever the answer was going to be, he doubted it would be as nice as the captain's cabin on the Blue Avenger. He shrugged, no use thinking about that now, time to figure out if they would all be thrown into a single space together or if the ship had some actual rooms.

"By the way don't think you bunch caught the name, it's Freed, I'm a professional, don't worry about it, nice ta meet ya" Leonidas nodded. "Leo." He didn't ask what the goblin was a professional in exactly, he could wager a guess and that guess was trouble but then again it wasn't like Leonidas could say much, he was rather proficient at creating trouble himself. That said, the last few days he had been acting a lot more professional than usual, the situation had called for it but he was overjoyed to be setting sail. He would be able to let go a bit and enjoy finally being on the sea again after so long, of course there was no way he could forget why he joined this expedition though.

"If you don't have any immediate tasks for me I'd like to go and practice a bit." He said, tapping the sword at his hip. "I only recently got it as a replacement so I'm not used to its balance."

Nanalee Imphon | Of Spiritual Snow
A curious explorer with a love for battle, adventure and power.

• playful_snow_harpy_by_sakimichan_d5odkw1-fullview.jpg
"Very well!" Nanalee breathed a discreet sigh of relief at her successful admission on board, as she followed after her new captain to perch on the ship's railing. It was a little difficult considering her talons were much bigger than the little parrot's, but manageable. She was careful to retract her claws too, to avoid any ship damage. Noticing that the bird man from earlier had also teleported here, she perked up slightly at his introduction and smiled. "I am Ruvo Steelfeather... I can offer you my skill as a carpenter and a musician in exchange for being allowed to join the voyage." Though envious of his dexterity, able to be a carpenter and musician despite their feathery similarities, she looked forward to having three feathery figures on board for the expedition. It had been a long journey to the Guild Stone from Aestir, and the amount of feathered figures like herself had starkly decreased along the way.

She watched amusedly as another familiar figure approached the old parrot, the destructive light-haired witch from earlier, only to get mercilessly struck at by the captain's beak. She felt a little pity for the woman on the inside, considering she seemed to remember a relationship the old parrot didn't, but those thoughts quickly left her as her new captain screeched.
"All others joining, yes?! Ask the questions now! We leave before third bell!" Nanalee pondered for a moment before inquiring in a similar loudness. "How long will the journey there be? Will there be places in the Sacred Isles to re-supply if needed? Or is what we're bringing, all we have for the whole trek to and fro?" Internally, she wanted to know how high she should place their supplies on her priority list. If she had to choose between saving a crewmate from injury or a barrel of supplies, she had to know what needed to be placed higher. It didn't matter too much to her, considering she could fish for herself, but he asked, and thinking about fishing for such a large crew... seemed impossible.

Nodding lightly at Freed's introduction, Nanalee turned to the witch as she finished handing over a letter to the old parrot.
"A harpy huh and a snow harpy at that. It's been quite a while since I met any of your kind out and about this far into the central realms. My name Is Eiru, a pleasure to meet you."

"It's a pleasure to meet you too Eiru, my name is Nanalee. I come from Aestir, perhaps otherwise known as the Frigid North to you." She greeted with a nod atop her perch, filled with a genuine curiosity towards the dark-clothed witch. Like Azalea, she seemed to be someone quite important, or high up on the adventurer's guild hierarchy, judging by the matters she seemed to be entrusted with and the deep conversations she seemed to be having earlier. "Where did you meet others of my kind? I would love to know where I can go to explore different harpy culture, since all I've known for most of my life is snow and ice." With a smile, she inquired lightly, with a hand lightly combing through the feathers on her other wing.

758999ed2e4eafa6aa83b2d2f4bf0fb5.jpg
Hanzel
Race: Human
Class: Quartermaster
Affinities: TBA

Attribute Points: 500
Strength: 50
Intelligence: 100
Agility: 100
Dexterity: 0
Constitution: 50
Fortitude: 200
Mentions: Uasal Uasal Key of Stars Key of Stars RatKing RatKing Yahhah Yahhah SilverFeathers SilverFeathers SilverbackActual SilverbackActual
"All others joining, yes?! Ask the questions now! We leave before third bell!" The captain's voice reached down the pier. Hanzel hadn't been gone two bells, but Scrapper had moved their schedule up again. There were several new faces present aboard the ship, each as distinct as they were unfamiliar. Hanzel made note as he stepped off the gangway onto the deck.

"Hmph! " Hanzel blinked as a lump of cloth ahead of him jumped to their feet. A small witch, apparently. He was lucky not to step on them, internally adjusting his count from four to five. "That's the last time I ever give you crackers you vicious beast! Hmph!" They had a rather painful looking welt on their hand, which explained most of what Hanzel needed to know. She wasn't off to a good start with the captain- "You've grown so mean! And to think you used to be so cute and cuddly!"

Cute? Scrapper was about as far from that as it got, and Hanzel found it hard to believe had ever been cuddly, but apparently she wasn't yet finished. "I'm Eiru Eagna, I'm taking part in an expedition to the northern lands and I'll be overseeing both Leo and Ymir. Ymir being the unconscious woman... I believe she's tied up due to her own carnal desires but I'm sure the letter has a far better yet more dull explanation written within."

Hanzel coughed, glancing over to the wall where the unconscious figure was slumped. That... would be a problem. They needed crew members focused on their jobs, not tied up for dubious reasons.

One of the two bird-like folk stepped forward. “I don’t think I have any questions aside from where should we put our stuff down?” None of them seemed particularly concerned with the situation, perhaps used to it already. Hanzel silently commended the ability to stay on task as he glanced between the two bird-like arrivals. The differences between them were curious. The more colourful one in particular looked to be from the south, where Hanzel had travelled up from. He'd heard plenty of stories about the tribes that lived in the mountainous jungles there.

"How long will the journey there be?" The fairer of the two asked. "Will there be places in the Sacred Isles to re-supply if needed? Or is what we're bringing, all we have for the whole trek to and fro?" She was definitely from the north, though she was the first harpy Hanzel had seen. Their voyages never took them close enough to the crags where the wild ones made their homes.

"We'll be restocking at several of the islands," Hanzel said, deciding it was about time to step in. "As for gear - that'll go in your cabin." He jerked his thumb towards stairwells leading below deck. "Newcomers share the forward cabin."

"Quite an interesting crew we got here." The goblin, who he'd been keeping his eye one, finally spoke up. "No questions come to mind at the moment, but I'll let ya know if something does. By the way don't think you bunch caught the name, it's Freed, I'm a professional, don't worry about it, nice ta meet ya."

"Right," Hanzel said, offering a good-natured grin. There were plenty of stories of the small green folk and their munitions. "I'll have you know I keep strict track on the gunpowder supply, so don't go messing around." He wouldn't be having a repeat of certain events from the past. "That aside, it's good to have you all on board-"

"QUARTERMASTER HANZEL!" Scrapper leapt off his perch with a furious squawk, finally noticing him after taking the witch's letters. "YOU'RE LATE! KRAAAA! LATE!!"

"Aye, captain," he said, wincing as the scrolls were shoved into his chest in a flounder of wings. "We can all hear you."

"NEWCOMERS TO THE QUARTERMASTER! THE REST BACK TO WORK!!" The parrot tilted his wings and dived away, leaving them to recover their hearing as he returned to directing the ship's preparation from the sky. Hanzel sighed, scratching the back of his head as he unrolled the parchment.

"You're overseeing who now?" One of the humans Hanzel had first noticed - Leo, he assumed - moved over to speak with the witch. "I thought I was quite clear on not needing a babysitter. It's good that Azalea actually wrote that letter she mentioned though, I wasn't sure how to explain Ymir being tied up yet."

"Yes, I imagine that might've been difficult." Even after reading the letter he had his doubts. It was surprising they hadn't been arrested along the way, since they were somehow meant to have gotten her on the ship, but what was done was done. The letter laid things out with more clarity, though the reason given for the navigator's condition were no less inconvenient than the witch's. If anything a fear of water was more of a problem. "Unfortunately," he sighed, pocketing the paper. "She will need to be at least somewhat willing to come along." Moving over to the unconscious woman he cut through the restraints, tossing the rope to the side. If she fled, then so be it. "It will be more of a problem if she deserts us half way through than at the beginning." And be far more of a pain if she had to stay tied up throughout the journey.

"Always outsourcing hands, right?" A familiar voice stepped onto the deck, bringing the number up to seven. Leaving the unconscious woman where she was, Hanzel turned to see Shepard talking to one of the bird-like newcomers. "And, for the love of everything that is sacred, do not say the name of that hornswaggler, skylubber, double-faced, feathered clown-"

"I'd stop right there," Hanzel said, glancing skyward. Scrapper was out of earshot, but there was no telling whenever it came to the detested sparrow. "Nice to see you, Shepard. Here to lend a hand?"

"If you don't have any immediate tasks for me I'd like to go and practice a bit." Leo tapped on the hilt of his sword as he got Hanzel's attention. "I only recently got it as a replacement so I'm not used to its balance."

"In a bit," he said. Things were still far too hectic with preparations for departure, and they'd be ready too soon to make it worth going anywhere else. "I'll let you all get settled into the cabins first. I imagine there will be more spare time once we're out at sea-"

He was cut off by a furious scream, turning to see a blur of white hair and yellow clothes. The unconscious woman had woken apparently, and was none too happy with the fact, launching herself at the witch. A steady line of curses accompanied her attack, "two-faced" and "pretentious" and "little-fae-know-it-all" among the many barbed words. The assault paused only briefly when she noticed for the first time the feathered arms and talon-like feet of the harpy, changing tracks to rattle the small witch back and forth against the deck if she had a hold of them - gesturing furiously if she didn't. "-and why the hell is there a harpy here?!"

Last edited:
1631932268415.png
The vampire maid that had struck Vas'on and sent him flying stood observing him as opposed to immediately following up with her attack, unfortunately for her, this would prove to be quite detrimental to one's health. With Vas'on rocketing back toward her the vampire had little time to prepare herself for receiving his attack, in fact, she only managed to half raise one arm in front of herself before Vas'on quite literally shot his fist right past it and stuck her point black in the face. Lightning crackled through the air around the two and for a brief moment, it seemed as though the impact had little to no effect. That was until a 'thundering' roar echoed through the garden and the vampire was sent hurtling back across the lawn, bouncing three times against the earth before finally colliding with the tree the first had been using as a perch.

Her face had been practically caved in and her body was terribly mangled against the now collapsing great oak tree. As the old and noble tree slowly fell however the woman, who looked as though she most certainly should be dead arose from under it and before the mans very eyes her body began to rapidly regenerate and soon she looked as though the man had never hit her to begin with, bar, of course, her tattered and now filthy outfit. Cracking her neck from one side to the other the woman remained silent and then in a flash launched her counterattack. Appearing aside Vas'on the woman launched a punch at the side of his head before vanishing again and appearing behind him throwing out an axe kick to his skull only to once again vanish and appear right in front of him to deliver a full force kick to his chest. This woman was far stronger than Akeldama in terms of raw strength however it was obvious that this woman relied on her barbaric strength over agility or strategy. Vas'on was fighting someone much like himself.

1631934243740.png
Eiru Eagna
Gold Support
Fae Witch

Completely ignoring Leo and his claim to not need a babysitter Eiru only offered the man a glare. The small witch was still not ready to forgive him for his actions earlier in the day and thus was in no mood for openly conversing with the man about the implications his actions were going to have on the guild as a whole. After all, why should she? If he wasn't going to take the time to reflect on his action and instead rush off to become some sort of 'pirate king' then why waste the time. It was better to let him run riot like an idiot and discover these things for himself, after all it wasn't like the Howers sold weapons to the northern kingdoms. Nooooo. That would be ridiculous! Only pirates wandered the northern seas and oh so many of the hundreds of the ships had men aboard claiming to be Howards because that was so good for business. Ridiculous and he didn't need a babysitter!

Looking out to the sea Eiru thought on Nanalee's question for a moment finding it a rather odd question in and of itself. Harpies for the most part were tribal and formed tribes or nests almost exclusively formed for and of themselves. Of course, that's not to say you didn't have harpies that had integrated into larger kingdoms but for the most part, harpies were a tribal race and very well connected to other tribes. Thinking for a moment Eiru decided to simply shrug off her confusion as to the question and instead answered as best she could "Well, there are many different subspecies of harpy and each are native to different climates much like birds. In fact, Harpies share quite a lot of similarities with different bird species for example one subspecies known as the -Vulture Harpy- is native to the desert region known as the 'Grim Barrens'. This particular type of harpy boasts vulture-like talons and heavy heat resistant wings as well as a very strong digestive system more than capable of handling rotten or raw meats." Turning to face the harpy with a smile Eiru continued "But that's just one example. There are many types of harpy living in the far reaches of the world. The guild actually has a book pertaining to it in the library. It's quite in-depth though so if you like I can create some cliff notes for you from memory although it may take me a day or two, the book is over a thousand pages of scientific and biological study after all."

Moving inside Eiru was about to continue when she was suddenly tackled to the ground by Ymir. With her hat being flung aside her silver hair did little to cushion her fall to the ground and with Ymir putting her weight into the tackle Eiru was nearly winded right away. Rolling around and flailing on the hardwood deck Eiru did her best to fight back against Ymir, pushing her hand into the woman's chin, digging her knee into the woman stomach, pulling back at her hair as she did the same. As Ymir threw insults her way Eiru began shouting back, the two rolling to and frow in a ball of rage upon the deck "Idiotic!" "Map Fetishist!" "Flat chested!" Okay, the last one didn't really mean much coming from the washing board that was Eiru but it was something Ymir seemed to dislike being called.

When the woman finally paused her assault and instead violently shook her back and forth Eiru began beating the ends of her fist against the woman head as she responded, doing little to no damage "She's a new member of the guild... joining the expedition... ahh... phew... Snow Harpy. Wait! Just ask her yourself you 'map-loving-rope-craving-cretin'!" Looking to Leo with dizzy eyes Eiru shouted out his way "Leo! Control your girlfriend!"
Sylph Sylph SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Key of Stars Key of Stars

Mentions: Sylph Sylph Uasal Uasal
"She will need to be at least somewhat willing to come along." Leonidas nodded, that made sense and he wasn't planning on stopping Ymir from going if she wanted to. Of course, he would prefer if she came along but he wasn't going to force her to do anything like Eiru seemed to want. He was still quite annoyed about the fact that Eiru came along just to keep an eye on him and her ignoring him just minutes ago did not make that any better. "It will be more of a problem if she deserts us half way through than at the beginning." He shook his head. "I can say with confidence that she wouldn't leave halfway through, as for if she leaves the moment she wakes up, I can't say."

"In a bit," Leonidas pulled back his hand from the hilt of the sword, his fingers had been rhythmically tapping the worn leather of the grip while he waited for an answer.
"I'll let you all get settled into the cabins first. I imagine there will be more spare time once we're out at sea-" Leonidas smiled. "Sounds good, I'll need some time to adjust to my new weapon and to stop being rusty in my swordplay."

The familiar angry scream caught his attention and he couldn't help but heave a sigh of relief when he realized it was aimed at Eiru and not himself. Under normal circumstances, Leonidas might have intervened but right now he was enjoying himself far too much to do anything of the sort.

"Leo! Control your girlfriend!" He shot Eiru an innocent smile before laughing. Ymir would surely go after him at some point as well, but, until then he wasn't going to get himself mixed up in their fight, an angry Ymir was not fun to deal with. Besides, now Eiru could get a taste of her own medicine from when she ignored him before.

He turned back to the quartermaster after observing for just a bit longer, it looked like one of the crewmembers was going to intervene in his place. "So, Hanzel right? I'm sorry I only really caught your name when the captain called it out." He said with an apologetic smile. "You do parties around here?" He followed with a grin, nodding towards his instrument case. "I'm rather used to sailing alone, it's efficient but it gets quite boring." He loved the Blue Avenger but whenever he sailed alone he tended to slip into a more somber mood. Attempts to play upbeat music always ended with him sitting on the bow playing depressing tunes, drinking more for the sake of it than for fun.

"So," He continued, smile vanishing. "You seem like you've been around the seas a fair bit and... maybe I shouldn't ask... but if I don't it's going to play on my mind until I do." Leonidas rambled, which was rather uncharacteristic for the poet. "You... wouldn't happen to have heard anything about an adventurer named Olivia Hower?" He had no doubt that he was setting himself up for disappointment but he couldn't not ask.

Freed
People nearby/mentions: RatKing RatKing Sylph Sylph
Freed faced the bird humanoid named Ruvo that asked him exactly what he was a professional of. "Yeah little bit of sailin, little bit of shootin, little bit of tinkerin just a lot of this and that really." Freed answered the question as he sort of listed off the things that he had experience in. "Oh and of course the occasional completely sanctioned destruction work" Freed added off the last bit as if he'd forgotten.

Another human looking guy appeared who seemed to have some form of authority and answered some question. He made sure to mention that he kept a look at the gunpowder supply. That made the goblin perk up, he didn't even know there was a gunpowder supply. "Good to know, would hate for some kind of scoundrel to nick any" Freed nodded while reassuring the quartermaster. There was a bit more conversation between the assembled group before the unconscious woman woke up and immediately started trying to beat the tar out of the witch.

Freed hopped out of the way on frantic feet, he was about to recommend somebody break that up until another person appeared and took care of it. Seeing as that was taken care of Freed planted his feet on the ground and once again was ready to speak to any conversation or hop on the ship whenever they were ready to go. He decided to give his boomstick one last lookover and polish.

Ruvo Steelfeather
Mentions: Yahhah Yahhah SilverbackActual SilverbackActual
Ruvo listened to the Freed list off various things he was experienced in though he wasn't quite sure which of the listed things the goblin was indeed a professional in unless it was all those things. "Oh and of course the occasional completely sanctioned destruction work"

"Oh yes, of course" he nodded noticing how quickly the last part got tacked on, almost as if Freed didn't want much mind to be made about it.

The bard didn't have much time to ask further about the 'sanctioned' destruction work as a human man had walked aboard the boat and began answering their questions as well issuing a warning toward Freed that the gunpowder supplies were carefully kept track of. Then just before the man could finish his welcome the angry screams of Captain Scrapper once again rung out, this time directed towards the man standing before the group. According to the captain the man's name was Hanzel, the ship's acting quartermaster, and he was late.

"Was it?" Ruvo turned his attention to the blue skinned woman who had walked aboard just a moment ago. They seemed to know the captain fairly well given their greeting and the fact that they offered their own reasoning as to why Scrapper bit the hand of Eiru, briefly mentioning his past as a former pet or slave as they put it. "And, for the love of everything that is sacred, do not say the name of that hornswaggler, skylubber, double-faced, feathered clown."

Confused as to who or what was being referred to, Ruvo was about to ask for further clarification but was luckily cut off by Hanzel who seemed to not want any more on the subject being discussed. "Perhaps another time then" he thought to himself still curious what this name that should never be spoken was. Then just as he was about to start heading toward the forward cabin a fight had quickly broken out between Ymir who had awoken and Eiru where insults, curses, and hair pulling were thrown out from both sides. It seemed the rash decision to knock out a fellow guild member had come back to bite the witch. Luckily, the fight was soon broken by a mountain of individual who easily separated the witch and cartographer

Seeing that the fight was over Ruvo continued his way down to the cabins. "I'll be going to set down my stuff if anyone needs me"

Last edited:
denq7kp-ec6c1b58-f335-4037-a83a-ccce7a968fad.png
Ymir
Mentions: Key of Stars Key of Stars Uasal Uasal SilverbackActual SilverbackActual
"She's a new member of the guild... joining the expedition... ahh... phew... Snow Harpy." Eiru managed to answer amidst all her ineffectual struggling - the witch was clearly either an only child or close enough to one, or else just plain bad at combat - but that was besides the point. A snow harpy of all things shouldn't have been anywhere near Lantana. They didn't come down from their mountains unless it was to hunt or mate, and never near places as populated as a port - did she say the guild?

"Wait! Just ask her yourself you 'map-loving-rope-craving-cretin'!"

Ymir forgot entirely about the point as she shook the witch back and forth. "You. Are. The. One. Who. Ordered. Me. Tied. Up!"

"Leo! Control your girlfriend-!"

"You both, cease it."
Their pointless argumentcame to an end with the arrival of a new companion, who pulled them apart with little effort despite the deathgrip Ymir had on Eiru. "Tis is no time to bicker, little bårds." The voice of the much larger woman rumbled, but it w asn't comforting to Ymir in the slightest. They hadn't arrived bound up in rope and dizzy with the side-effects pixie dust. Once the woman had let them go Ymir dusted herself down, turning to glare at the witch.

"Fine." Have it your way. Eiru was probably the only one more stubborn that Azalea, which meant it would be hell later if she didn't get her way. Ymir held out her hand, eyes narrow. "I will go on your stupid expedition, but I am not doing it on a boat. Give me my bag and I'll fly there."

Hanzel
Mentions: RatKing RatKing Yahhah Yahhah SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505
The new lot were a rowdy bunch it seemed. Hanzel was saved from having to intervene in a rather unpleasant looking conflict by a new arrival, but with so many on deck it was beginning to interfere with the loading operation.

"So," Leo said. "Hanzel right? I'm sorry I only really caught your name when the captain called it out." Hanzel shrugged, it saved the introductions. "You do parties around here? I'm rather used to sailing alone, it's efficient but it gets quite boring."

"Only if you're prepared to have the captain singing along," he said, only half-joking. The rest of them were usually all loud enough to drown it out, but pity the fool that stood too close to a drunk parrot.

"So," their smile slipped away as they continued. "You seem like you've been around the seas a fair bit and... maybe I shouldn't ask... but if I don't it's going to play on my mind until I do. You... wouldn't happen to have heard anything about an adventurer named Olivia Hower?"

"Hower?" Hanzel said. Sure enough he knew the clan, they were well known for their fleets and other... mixed, accomplishments. "I've heard rumours, but nothing about an Olivia, unfortunately." He might've elaborated but there was little he could offer, and it didn't seem like the right place or time besides. "You might have some luck with the other crew."

"I'll be going to set down my stuff if anyone needs me." The bird-like bard made a move towards the cabins, and Hanzel considered that an excellent idea. Clearing his throat, he got the attention of the rest of the group, gesturing for them to follow.

"We'll be heading to the cabins for now to let the rest of the crew finish the preparations." The sight of the goblin pulling out something rather explosive-looking gave him pause. Deciding against comment he turned to accompany Ruvo towards the stairwell leading into the quarters. "It's first come first serve for sleeping arrangements, so you'd best get a move on if you don't want to be stuck at the back." A great deal of storage was pressed up against the walls, so anyone nearby would have the trouble of stepping over crates to get to their hammocks. It certainly wasn't a luxury arrangement. Spare ropes, cannonball crates, boxes of equipment all shoved to the sides where the adventurers' gear would soon join.

Strangely enough, there also seemed to be a barrel rattling by itself in the corner.

Ruvo Steelfeather
Locaton: Crew Quarters
Mentions: Sylph Sylph Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505
Walking down the stairs into the crew quarters Ruvo wasn’t quite sure what he was expecting as far as what their sleeping arrangements would be like. He figured space would be limited, though he certainly wasn’t quite expecting hammocks posted up between various beams within the ship amongst the clutter of crates, barrels, rope, and various other supplies. Hesitant at first as to which hammock would be the ‘better’ choice, the bard was glad when the quartermaster spoke up.

"It's first come first serve for sleeping arrangements, so you'd best get a move on if you don't want to be stuck at the back."

“Back is bad, understood” he briefly mumbled to himself as he begun racing against the others to claim one of the hammocks away from the walls, however, his pursuit of a desirable hammock was cut short when he thought he heard a rattling sound coming from one of the corners in the room. The boat didn’t feel like it was rocking harsh enough to rattle any of the crates or barrels, so Ruvo simply shook his head assuming he was mistaken and continued his hammock selection but just a moment later he heard the rattling sound once again.

Deciding that he definitely wasn’t imagining things he focused on the sound and with a light strumming of his lute he amplified the sound just a bit so he could locate the exact source of the sound as to avoid rummaging through the various other barrels that were stacked about in the corner. He didn’t know what he would find inside once he opened it, maybe it was a fish that was thrown into the barrel and still alive and floundering about or maybe…a stowaway? No surely not, what kind of stowaway would be in a barrel?

Upon removing the lid of the barrel Ruvo peered down confused at the sight of an axolotl dressed as wizard snacking on a fish. Quickly closing the barrel to prevent the mysterious diminutive wizard from climbing out the bard then called for the quartermaster.

“Mr. Hanzel, is there supposed to be a tiny wizard in this barrel?” He asked pointing down at the barrel in question

View attachment 914361
The vampire maid that had struck Vas'on and sent him flying stood observing him as opposed to immediately following up with her attack, unfortunately for her, this would prove to be quite detrimental to one's health. With Vas'on rocketing back toward her the vampire had little time to prepare herself for receiving his attack, in fact, she only managed to half raise one arm in front of herself before Vas'on quite literally shot his fist right past it and stuck her point black in the face. Lightning crackled through the air around the two and for a brief moment, it seemed as though the impact had little to no effect. That was until a 'thundering' roar echoed through the garden and the vampire was sent hurtling back across the lawn, bouncing three times against the earth before finally colliding with the tree the first had been using as a perch.

Her face had been practically caved in and her body was terribly mangled against the now collapsing great oak tree. As the old and noble tree slowly fell however the woman, who looked as though she most certainly should be dead arose from under it and before the mans very eyes her body began to rapidly regenerate and soon she looked as though the man had never hit her to begin with, bar, of course, her tattered and now filthy outfit. Cracking her neck from one side to the other the woman remained silent and then in a flash launched her counterattack. Appearing aside Vas'on the woman launched a punch at the side of his head before vanishing again and appearing behind him throwing out an axe kick to his skull only to once again vanish and appear right in front of him to deliver a full force kick to his chest. This woman was far stronger than Akeldama in terms of raw strength however it was obvious that this woman relied on her barbaric strength over agility or strategy. Vas'on was fighting someone much like himself.

"Regeneration. It is always regeneration" he said sighing before the woman attacked and he moved to keep up with her. With her focusing on pure attack, he had an easier time predicting her movements and was barely able to redirect the attacks she'd aimed at his head. The chest attack was a little harder to defend against as he'd just raised his arms to block her axe strike. He took the hit but spun with its momentum to prevent himself from being thrown away again, instead using that kick to swing up his leg into a kick of his own.

His large foot jumped up into a roundhouse kick traveling for the maid's center of gravity. He needed to remember to get summoning runes placed onto his swords so that he could call them. They weren't one hundred percent silver, but the edges had been tempered with various metals he could work on. He also reforged the swords every once in a while.

But that was later, he needed silver now. Fortunately there were many bolts from the previous maid's attack littered around. He just had to get this one pushed far enough away that he had a chance to grab them.​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back