• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy The Flux - OOC (Academy Lounge)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Other
Here

Fluxbauble

Feel free to keep in touch on here. Grab a drink, take a seat, kick back and relax from the roleplay. Sometimes we just need a little R&R from our other life.

Is there any other information on the setting available? Why academies exist? What the world is like / whether or not it's an alternate version of earth? How flexible is the setting as a whole?

Also, is there a Discord in the works for the OOC? I find that chat servers tend to keep people more active on an OOC level.

Your character actually influenced that aspect for mine! I figured it would be an interesting concept. Plus that way your character can have someone else to talk to in the language.
Aww, I don't think anyone has even been inspired by my character before.

Is there any other information on the setting available? Why academies exist? What the world is like / whether or not it's an alternate version of earth? How flexible is the setting as a whole?

Also, is there a Discord in the works for the OOC? I find that chat servers tend to keep people more active on an OOC level.

Let's see if I can tackle all of your questions. Good luck me.

1. There will be. I wasn't exactly expecting this idea to be worth attention so I didn't put much thought into it outside of what was in the interest check post. That's a personal problem I have with ideas and for that I apologize.
2. Academies exist to help foster the potential of practitioners. Think of academies as private schools with their own criteria in terms of who is allowed to actually train there. Though academies aren't the only training models that exist. Things like dojos that cater specifically to the practice of manipulating flux exist. Again though they have their own set of criteria for determining who trains with them.
3. The Flux is set in an alternate universe of earth where technology has advanced to create things such as the cute floating robot assistants I have dubbed Yuru and mastered things like hard light constructs and holograms. Practitioners of flux compete against each other in tournaments to determine which school stands at the top for bragging rights as well assessing the skills of the students. Flux itself is a common thing since tournaments are put on live broadcast throughout the world.
4. In terms of flexibility I'm not quite sure I understand the question. Could you elaborate on it?
5. I did build a discord for this roleplay. I rather liked it since I'm usually always on discord anyways. Here's the link for the Discord if you wish. The Flux - Discord Channel

Anyways I'm still working on the setting itself. But I hope that helps you get an idea. There's no real major reason for coming to the academy other than you wanted to go. You managed to pass the entrance test and are now studying flux. I basically wanted to take the Vytl Festival from RWBY, take a generic RPG class system into account, and see if players can work as a team against another team to win in a combat sport of which I still have no idea what I want it to be exactly.

There's supposed to be a sense of mysticism to flux which I'll go over once the rp starts, but for now I'm just trying to get this all set up.

FireMaiden FireMaiden Siren77 Siren77

Both of your characters are good. Once I get this main page and setting taken care of you can begin posting. I'm actually kind of intrigued by the fact you both no ASL. That should make for an interesting character dynamic.

FireMaiden FireMaiden Siren77 Siren77

Both of your characters are good. Once I get this main page and setting taken care of you can begin posting. I'm actually kind of intrigued by the fact you both no ASL. That should make for an interesting character dynamic.
Well, I'm learning, and I wanted to make a mute character anyway. But whatever she's signing is going to be normal diologe, but in italics so everyone can read it. Obviously. The text to speech is gonna be bolded, and any small sign phrases are just gonna be described.

That's what the Other tab is for. I built the CS skeleton really late one night and couldn't think of anything else to put on it at the time. So I made other for my catch all safety net section before I went to sleep.

That's what the Other tab is for. I built the CS skeleton really late one night and couldn't think of anything else to put on it at the time. So I made other for my catch all safety net section before I went to sleep.
Gotcha, I’ll add that in for my character

HI—— *coughs* totally didn't just finish my sheet and am now mentally exhausted. Anyone wanna be friends with Yuki?~ :3 she need some love XD

Theia could be her friend. They have a few things in common
defiantly!! it would be an interesting dynamic, physical abuse on one hand and mental on the other (Well- except for that whole rape thing)

defiantly!! it would be an interesting dynamic, physical abuse on one hand and mental on the other (Well- except for that whole rape thing)
Well, it is something they could use to relate to one another, but also, Theia could be friends with everyone because of the way she acts. Also, it's good to be nice to your healers, they're so done with everyone's shit

Well, it is something they could use to relate to one another, but also, Theia could be friends with everyone because of the way she acts. Also, it's good to be nice to your healers, they're so done with everyone's shit
Just gonna put this out there, with how much of a hotheaded asshole Kaizo is he’s probably gonna get himself hurt a lot xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back