• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The End is Slow (D&D inspired RP)

I have played every campaign setting there is. and for them being rare... there was always atleast 30 percent of the prewritten modules where you encountered them on the surface. and in the Faerun setting surface adventuring drow are common as Lolth's followers seek out to capture and or kill drizzt. So I fail to see the evidence to their claimed rarity

"Drow and the Player’s Handbook
For the first time ever, drow make their appearance as character options in the Player’s Handbook, and are not condemned to being a “playable monster race,” with stats included in the Monster Manual, as they were in third and fourth edition. In fifth edition D&D, drow are presented as coequal with wood elves and high elves (though they are “rare,” and the book advises you to check with your Dungeon Master before playing one). Yet, the Player’s Handbook also has this to say of the drow:"

Just saw that one and some more like, things on google, idk, new to this so I'm just using the stuff I find. :P

Never said they would be accepted, liked, treated fairly. but they are there. it is RARE for PC Drow as most commonly Drow are the Villains So saying they are rare in general is misleading. Sorry.

In some material they are not even called drow. like in 1st edition and even back to basic they were called Dark Elves. Drow became more common with 2nd edition and Forgotten realms.

I inboxed you a couple links. one is a homebrew and one is a 3.5 version. They became a more widely used race in 5th Edition however earlier editions not so much

I inboxed you a couple links. one is a homebrew and one is a 3.5 version. They became a more widely used race in 5th Edition however earlier editions not so much

If you mean me I didn't receive anything. But it's okay, I'm doing my research dw. ^^

xD. You guys got plenty of information on Drow thanks to Drizzt. Its just that there's not really much information about Dhampirs in RPGs. Blade only barely counts.

Yea Dapper! I had inboxed him some links to further his query on Dhampirs lol as I had already previously had a couple links bookmarked from when i was researching stats for Changelings in pathfinder as well as 3.5 stats on Shadar-kai so i was offering what info I had on hand lol

Yeah I just wasn't sure since it was 2 races in short time so it could be both it's about. XD

Well if you are playing half elf. I'd suggest looking into the racial paragon classes. being a half elf you qualify for 2 three level paragon classes. either half elf and elf or half elf and human lol. they are useful depending on what you are wanting to do with your character. Paragon classes and rules are located in the unearthed arcana source book

Well if you are playing half elf. I'd suggest looking into the racial paragon classes. being a half elf you qualify for 2 three level paragon classes. either half elf and elf or half elf and human lol. they are useful depending on what you are wanting to do with your character. Paragon classes and rules are located in the unearthed arcana source book
I'll likely stick with Half Elf Half Human, like a character I have in a campaign I run with friends, albeit a bit tweaked for this.

Yea a Dhampir would work fine.

I am not certain if I interpreted the Vampire correctly, but Vampirism is a curse, not a disease. It would be logical for that curse to be passed on to a victim.

True. But Some vampires can pass it on like a disease through their bite because of a liquid they secrete they can will or decline transformation. if i have understood everything i have read.

Hah! Picture done and put in. So fully done now. @v@ The one egh part about joining new RPs; making all the new pics ASAP LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back