• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy The End is Slow (D&D inspired RP)

DemetrioMachete

Messiah of the New Night
416 years ago...
eh08_preview2.png
It was known for quite some time that the first real crisis that Morda would suffer was the uprising of Grend Schmuckles. As his power grew, and his insanity went unchecked, the sorcerer waged total war against the Material Plane. His actions destroyed the Dwarven capitol of Hammerford, and for a long time, it had been renamed the Valley of Grudges.

Before his carnage could continue, a Hero stepped forth. A runt of a giant named Sledge, who challenged the sorcerer and drove him out of the Material Plane. Sledge's warpath, however, did not end there. With the aid of all who could trust him, Sledge found Schmuckles among the Astral rift and murdered him for good. With peace established, Morda could rebuild, recover.

207 years ago...
325220_original.jpg
In the lands of Heistrea, within the abandoned kingdom of Milinax, an avatar of carnage was born among the curse of Undeath. This avatar's name... was Ülfgarr. In a blind rage, the Undead cut a bloody swathe through the kingdom, up until it managed to obtain intelligence. With its newfound intellect, however, Ülfgarr's desire for murder and chaos was not sated, but given direction. He managed to activate the Altar of Dreams, a relic of near infinite power, and made a single, devastating wish.

"My wish is to see all Deities rendered mortal, so that my axe may taste their blood and tear their flesh."

The next several years that followed, the Celestials of the holy planes descended upon Heistrea, seeking to slay Ülfgarr and restore their masters' immortality. Ultimately, they failed. And as the constant battle bathed Heistrea in a sea of blood under a storm of divine fury, the continent itself sunk into the ocean; the Altar of Dreams never to be used again. This event would cause Ülfgarr to forever be remembered simply as the Stormrender.

Present day...

kPdqMnm.jpg
There are those who tell us to be fearful, repenting, for the End times are upon us. And yet, it simply does not seem that way. The farmers still tend their crops, the nobles still collect their tithes, the savage beasts have not surged in their boldness in over 400 years. If this is the End... shouldn't it feel like it?

The Gods are mortal. An entire continent has been plunged into the sea. The avatar of the apocalypse rests within the depths of the ocean, waiting for the opportunity to strike. It all seems like this should have been the collapse of civilization, but... it isn't. The people continue their lives despite all the horrible things they hear. Why? Because they believe that a Hero, much like Sledge from 400 years ago, will put an end to all of it. Will you be that Hero?

Last edited:
Neat idea you have. I like how you play up the fact that the end times don't feel like the end times (until it's too late). I have a previous DnD character that could be tweaked to fit this pretty well.

Neat idea you have. I like how you play up the fact that the end times don't feel like the end times (until it's too late). I have a previous DnD character that could be tweaked to fit this pretty well.
Fun times. Keep in mind I did not intend to make an actual campaign with dice and all that out of this. I am just borrowing D&D lore. Hopefully it doesn't overwhelm peeps interested.

So where exactly does Gryrnk exist on the map of Morda? Also, when can we visit "Free Treasure". I like free treasure.

Go right ahead.

This will tell you about the setting. Bear in mind I am not finished with it yet.

Alrighty, I've updated the World Building page a tad. After I add in the details about the Gryrnk map, I will post a character sheet.

Any questions, thus far?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back