• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Dezgheţ
(Mother Voorjaar)

Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Outside of Royal Palace. Tribute to Frostfire.
Interact: StaidFoal StaidFoal (Naia) Mentions: Juju Juju (Nemu)​

Dezgheţ's mouth unwillingly curves into the barest of smiles as the young mage struggles to explain what the bird spirit was. She was tempted to sit down and teach this young mage some of the secrets of arcana. Chances were that that there wouldn't be time for that later, there was chaos brewing back at the cathedral and she needed to stay ahead of it. Dezgheţ did note the girl's half comment that Frostfire couldn't be resurrected by a Phoenix. That was interesting. She'd come here because of Virtue's words about a princess who controls both frost and fire, last seen in the Royal Palace itself, only to have 'quieted' under odd circumstances. It caught her attention that Frostfire was 'quieted' not 'killed'. Did this girl know something about that?

I took the dragon scale from one of them. Dezgheţ almost responds as the girl asks about the new summoned, catching herself just in the time. That was reckless. She shouldn't connect herself to them. Not now. It raised too many questions. Instead, she answers simply, "It's the talk of the town... Everyone's gossiping about it in the markets." She doesn't add that she planted those rumors herself on her way here, "They say that many of the new summoned are very dangerous but I heard there's a young witch who is very friendly." She realized that she didn't know the witches' name, only her familiar's. That would be too oddly specific to share. She wondered how the young witch was doing. Was she safe? Was she dressed for rain? That hat would double as a umbrella but...

The forceful hug caught Dezgheţ off guard yet...she didn't budge. If she'd been paying attention, instead of thinking about the young witch, she would have at least feigned a stumble. Someone of her apparent size should have been pushed off balance but underneath this humanoid exterior was the condensed bulk of a full grown dragon.

Nina finds that the air around the woman is freezing cold but, almost immediately, it warms as Voorjaar wills back her aura of cold. I love you, M... Voorjaar bites back the emotions that the words stir up. This wasn't why she was here...but then why was she here? What was she doing? What was the point of saving creation if there was no one to share it with? What was the point of this plan if she was alone at the end of it? She almost raised her hands to return the embrace but forced herself to stand impassive instead. This wasn't her daughter. This child was precious but not hers. She was alone. Her faint smile disappeared, replaced by a cold emotionless face.

"I'm... Voorjaar." The woman responds as the girl calls her missus, hesitating brief seconds before giving her name. She knew it was a mistake. She'd need to be more careful in the future but she wanted to so she did. Her face is impassive as the girl blushes, stammering on about her sister, but inwardly she reflects that the girl only mentioned her big sister and never other family. Was it one of those situations or were they orphans? Either way, she made a mental note to watch out for her sister in the future and take care not to eat or freeze her. She didn't want this girl to lose the only family she seemed to have. "I'm also an arcanist."

"Wow. That does sound very important. Meira must be a very talented young woman."
Voorjaar answers calmly, arching her eyebrows to show how impressed she is but in the way a mother does with a child when she only cares because the child does. That did explain why this girl would know something about Frostfire but Voorjaar wasn't going to involve her in this...directly. She did have an idea of how she was going to get into the palace now. "That's a good idea, the palace is probably the safest place in the city. I should be going as well. There's some business I must to attend to."

Last edited:
Nortestran Troops
FuwvdmspID_7UHElN_tsO6zGyL1HOZCC5rMDd770OsQ.jpg

seasonedcat seasonedcat Kaihaku Kaihaku Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture Lazaro1505 Lazaro1505
The Nortestran reinforcements neared the cathedral in a clamor of hooves and heavy steps. There were approximately 500 of them, each bearing the red and gold colors of the faded Nortestran Empire. A few of them still clung to frayed banners, the nation's insignia flapping limply in the rain-soaked breeze. The worst of them had armour dented and torn, bandages in need of changing and gaunt looks. The better of them clung onto their blades and spears like false hope, eyes knowing all too well what lie ahead. Only a fifth of the troops still rode on horseback, as most of the cavalry had been decimated during the first months of the siege. What horses remained were just as thin and worn as the soldiers they carried.

The troops halted a few dozen yards from the cathedral's crumbling steps, somehow even worse for wear than it had been only hours ago. Fresh snow melted between the charred cobblestone and fragments of what had been the cathedral's roof. It was no secret what had been the cause of such raw destruction. An unknown dragon had been seen flying the skies above Castellan, a troubling sight for a city that had only barely survived the attack of Hodir and his rider. Even the horses were uneasy being so close the hollowed cathedral, their frightened whinnies rising as fog in the chilled air.

One of the riders walked ahead, pulling on the reins of his steed to keep it steady. The beast threw its head and pawed, but after a small pat on the neck from the knight, it calmed. The man did not. He lifted the helmet from his head, brown eyes staring into the depths of the cathedral, dreading the horrors that lay within. He glanced back at his troops only once, seeing only the tired hopelessness reflecting back in their eyes. There was no way he could balk.

He closed his eyes and took a shaky breath, realizing suddenly that they may now be numbered. His throat was dry from ash, but he forced himself to shout into the rain, "Summoned, by the order of Athena Narang, The Enlightened, first of her name and ruling Princess of Nortestra, you are asked to step from the cathedral. Come in peace and we... we shall have no quarrel."

Reisen.jpg
Zasha
Interactions: Juju Juju Mentions: Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture nighttimecatplayer nighttimecatplayer
Zasha regarded the roaring wake of the draconic tempest with a knowing grin. Looks like the bastards she briefly talked to managed to stir up some trouble, even more so as she had a live feed of inside the cathedral through her mech's visual sensors. Her left eye briefly glowed green rather than their normal red as she tapped into the live feed, grinning all the same. She should've definitely stayed in the cathedral if she knew a little scuffle would break out. Plus, she was interested to see another person who held about as much patient as her after a week of no sleep. Definitely wouldn't have chosen the pistol though for the spooky shadow bird. She'd prefer to go between the eyes after all, but eh, they probably didn't have enough targeting systems to paint an entire population red with homing markers for autocannon fire. A shame, but considering the state of Castellan, she could only assume they didn't have the overwhelming power of artillery she was sporting. This'll definitely put a dent in her inventory, but she can probably throw enough of these burning buildings into a heavy fabricator and make something out from the new components.

Turning off the feed as soon as her mech was used as an escape, she regarded the Guard Captain and shrugged at her biting words with a smile. "Well, I've had worse job requests, at least it didn't end up with me having to stab you through the throat with an autocannon so I'll take your little spiel as a sign of a verbal contract." Her vocal chords changed to match the voice recording of the knight's, letting the girl below her hear the same words she uttered a few seconds ago from Zasha's own mouth, then back to normal. "I'll accept defending your burning little city, if only because I can get something out of it. Though," her eyes narrowed dangerously, even if her voice kept that carefree and disrespectful tone. "I won't be very happy if I get screwed over after I help you with a bullet through my head or however you magic people try to backstab others. I've had plenty of jobs that thought they could get one over me and those guys usually ended up at ground zero of my missiles. So make sure you make that clear to the people handing out the rewards, or any of your little righteous knights that think being a mercenary is dishonorable. Cause if I get even a lick of having my pay cut compared to others, what I do to the Mollug army is gonna happen to yours. But, that won't happen right? Cause you want to save this burning shit hole from being someone else's burning shit hole, right?"

Zasha looked to the stormy clouds above and grinned. If there's one thing she could at least do for now is set up air superiority and information gathering. As they say, infantry was the queen of the battlefield, but artillery was king. Her fortress had already begun disassembling a missile, taking out the explosive payload and replacing it with four utility drones strapped to a long duration aerial floatation device. With this, she'll at least be able to get a rudimentary GPS of the area around her up to a twenty mile radius with an alternate vector to launch her missiles from. God, she needed to start on some many stupidly long projects just to even get a chance to turn this primitive, backwater shithole of a planet to something resembling the technological metropolis that was Zakal. It'll take an hour or so to get this delivery missile operational, but she was patient enough. An hour meant nothing to her. It probably meant a lot to the natives, but she wasn't worried. If these Mollug cannon fodder decided to attack within that hour, getting their entire army blown up by her Hellfire Rain should make them reconsider their life choices.

"Well then, little miss knight. I hope you'll treat me well as a tentative ally of Castellan," Zasha bowed after she hopped down in front of the Guard Captain, carrying that same self assured smile. "Lord knows you people need all the help you can get."

Last edited:
The Flagellant

Interaction(s): Juju Juju

Mention(s): StaidFoal StaidFoal

He had done it... he had finally met his end, successfully surviving all those years, all that pain and ‘terror’.... and finally, he had finally met his end at his creator.... a Eldritch abomination that calls itself a ‘god’, blah, even saying that sort of heresy brings a bad taste to his mouth, but at least he served his purpose, and now that he was finally gone, there was no suffering left to fill the empty void within his body. It was, awfully peaceful as he floated throughout the dark void known as his mind... he honestly thought that the ‘Light’ would come and award him for his sacrifice, but he knew that even without its words, he knew it was proud of what its chosen followers had done. Still, he didn’t know how long he spent within the void, hours, days, perhaps even years spent, time simply mattered not within his mind, what’s done is done, and nothing could ever change that.

It was then, he heard a strange voice within his head, as he felt the feeling of touch return back to his body, his bodily functions returning once more to him, but even then, he couldn’t even open his eyes or move his thumb, trapped in some state of paralysis, only to hear.....

It....

It was, the sound of a female voice, who greeted not only him... but possibly other strangers, he could t tell, his body refused to function even now. It.... no ‘she’ told them the name of this... place... ‘Valucia’... a country he hadn’t heard of before, and apparently his new home. This made him feel, strange, while it was a change from the abomination filled Estate he once lived in, he couldn’t help but feel that it was even more unnatural, as he listened more to the woman, and apparently, she was a Goddess called ‘Virtue’, ironic, considering they have a term for when the forces of chaos stress you out too much, but an individual manages to overcome those challenges and gain a ‘Virtue’ in the face of chaos. But never mind that, as he continued listening, since they continue with saying her purpose for summoning them here, which was apparently to ‘Rescue’ then from the sorrowful pits of his world... as well as the others... so, did this prove that life actually existed outside of Earth?

He cared not, after all, he wasn’t a scholar looking for the next big piece of evidence, or a doctor wishing to learn more about the human body, he was a Flagellant, and he was here to suffer the burden of others for them. He was here to bring harmony and peace to Valucia... pathetic, if they wanted to solve everything with peace or harmony, the great civilizations of Humanity would have been wiped out long ago by more hostile people that took advantage of them. His purpose... to conquer the world and unify everyone... just thinking of that already proves many wrongs.... humanity has always been a confusing species, considering they are capable of having different opinions from a another, and it was opinions like that which created religion, science, medicine, countries.... as well as famine, wars, and death.

Trying to unify the entire world under one nation would be a disaster waiting to pop up sooner or later, not all cities can be supervised at once, and if others wish to rebel against their unified nation, and even use their own technologies or knowledge against them, especially if some corrupt officials were hiding beneath the scenes. No world can be truly unified.... like many other great nations but it’s a matter of how long it would last for before eventually breaking apart... still, there was no other purpose, for he if he doesn’t do it, someone else would eventually would. More information was given to him, this place being the capital of Nortestran, and being in the middle of a siege by the Mollug empire... well, it seems that he found a nation he would provide his aid for, unless he found out the true nature of these Norsterians. But then, his body return back to the void, his mind racing in thought, thinking of what he heard as nothing more than a dream.... before eventually, his eyes rose wide awake, and what awaited him may have been the strangest place, a crumbling cathedral, with other stranger figures as well here... but that wasn’t important, it was the voice of someone else calling for them, a man asking them to exit the Cathedral in peace.

Hmph.... might as well put on first interactions with these people, as he gotten off the cold stone floor he was all but accustomed to, seeing his three-headed flail held up by the belt on his waist, as he went towards the exit/entrance of this place, nothing but the thudding of his feet reaching his ears.

After some time, he finally left the cathedral, seeing the sight he was all but accustomed to, the sight of hopelessness, the sight of having fear... of the injured and scared... the sight of a army of soldiers who are clinging on to the threads of life. He merely inspected them, before looking upon the man in front, much closer to the Cathedral than anyone else, keeping his horse by his side... the Flagellant merely kept a neutral face as he approached the man. To the others, a man with half of his face hidden by a long bloody piece of light brown cloth approached them, his exposed chest covered by still fresh scars, some of which seemed like they continued to bleed, his legs covered with a combination of a yellow cloth around his waist and a black long piece of cloth that covered his legs like a dress... but some of his legs were still exposed, having much less scars than his body but still housing them. His feet were also exposed, only some bandages wrapped around them to protect his feet from the ground.

The noticeable detail about him was the spiked collar he wore on his neck, and his right hand in a constant state of dripping the crimson red liquid of life off it, the spikes of his wristband was also covered as well, while at his left side (right side to the others) had a three-headed flail hanging in its spot, some traces of dried blood noticeable.

The man merely looked upon the person in front of him, the brave individual who has went up to call for aid... before the man eventually kneed to the man in front of him, saying out loud in a calm voice

“The ‘Light’ has heard your call, and I was summoned as one of many of its most trusted and strongest followers... the Flagellant has arrived to aid you people against the Mollug empire... let all of their suffering aimed towards you be dropped into me instead... for its my role to suffer for others, and I will go through with my purpose. The power of the ‘Light’ and its follower is now on your side, may my magic and my strength be used wisely by your people....”

The Flagellant finished, waiting for a response, but he maintained his kneel towards the army... he only hoped that these people are deemed worthy by the ‘Light’, and are not the wrong nation he is offering his services to.

Last edited:
Captain Greymourne.png
Captain GreymourneInteraction: Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim

Greymourne frowned up at the bunny girl, pursing her lips as her voice was mimicked. Illusionists and deceivers were her least favorite of magi, especially ones with cocky attitudes. Through usually they didn't have explosive power with it. Even so, all that mattered was that this summoned agreed to assist the city. It came as a surprise to the captain, after all the pompous talk, but a welcome one regardless. She allowed the broken shards of metal to drop to the ground, falling harmlessly around where Zasha stood.

The captain nodded curtly, knowing all too well about the consequences of cheating a summoned. "Princess Athena is fair and just, she will see that you are paid for your services."

She did not return the bow, but gave a disapproving scoff at the Little Miss Knight comment, "My name is Captain Aurella Greymourne, and you may refer to me as such. It will also be easier if I can use your name rather than Summoned."

It was at this moment that Greymourne heard the approaching hooves. At first she believed it to be a rider, but the steps were too heavy and far in between. She turned away from Zasha and spotted the splash of white against the grey and soot of Castellan's ruins. Wakinyan, as they seemed to call it. The brute picked up speed, lowering its head. Above, the skies rumbled.

Greymourne knew what it meant. She was there on the day this bloodthirsty beast struck down three of Nortestra's finest knights. She had seen them fall to the ground like dead leaves, bodies crackling with fresh electricity. This same energy wreathed the pale beast as it charged, eyes burning into Zasha. Greymourne didn't believe a word of that Kotori's girl's rubbish about divine judgement, but even if it were true, the crimes this summoned just committed were owed to Nortestra and her people, not some outworlder.

She could feel the air begin to spark around her, growing for only a heartbeat. Without thinking much, Greymourne went against Zasha's warning and used one of her gauntlets to shove the bunny girl to the ground. It was brash, but should Zasha keep her word then Castellan would benefit more from a summoned than a single knight captain. The captain stood protectively over Zasha, skin fully transformed into that golden metal. She didn't even have time to bring up her free gauntlet before an enormous bolt of lightning struck her.

In the sparking aftermath, Greymourne's gauntlets lay lifeless on the ground, glowing slightly from the overcharge of energy. The captain herself was on her hands and knees above Zasha, thin wisps of smoke trailing up from her shaking arms and legs. Her eyes were hazy, but a stern light of determination was just barely there. She was looking for something, and after seeing that Zasha was unharmed, she let herself collapse to the side.

CC_20201107_160639.png CC_20201107_161226.png CC_20201107_160835.png CC_20201107_161605.png
Kotori, Wakinyan, Susan & EnzioInteraction: Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim seasonedcat seasonedcat YsFanatic YsFanatic Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture

"Aurella!" Enzio jumped down from Wakinyan, landing gracelessly. He scrambled into a run and skidded to his knees beside the captain. He turned her over onto her back and shook her shoulders. The rosiness of his face had paled, the shock only just settling in. "Aurella, come on!"

Tense silence followed. Nothing but sound of rain on stone and a raspy wind. It was almost enough to drown out the sound of a cough and a grumpy growl, "...supposed to watch...*cough* the summoned."

Kotori slid down from Wakinyan's back, though did not dare stray far from his side. She placed a hand against his leg and curled her fingers upon his scales, wishing she could hold him there, to let her speak before the thunder struck. She let out a breath when she saw the captain stir, shoulders relaxing. She spoke carefully, unsure of how the knight would react. "I... tried to explain this earlier but...Wakinyan only strikes down those plagued by the miasma of sin."

The captain ran the back of her hand against her mouth and spat to the side. Already her strength was returning. "I'm anything but innocent, girl."

"Innocent enough!" Enzio grinned and laughed with relief, unknowing just how true his words were. He stood up, offering a hand to Greymourne which was promptly swatted away with some muttering about being a nanny. Undeterred, he then held out a hand to help up Zasha. His eyes widened slightly when he realized who it was. "Oh! Uh... new summoned?"

A shadow fell across them both, cast by a looming Wakinyan. The beast growled deeply in his throat, red eyes blazing with electrical light. Kotori was at his side, but it was the Captain who stood in his way. A gauntlet rose from the ground, pointing a clawed finger at the divine beast. It made him rear his head back and his eyes gleam with insult. "No. I don't give a damn whatever god you or your minion says you are. You swore an oath to defend the city, and now this woman is part of the Nortestran troops. You are not to play judge, beast, you are to work together to defend the city. Or would you rather be thrown back into those cells?"

For a moment Wakinyan regarded the captain with a look of pure fury, the lightning crackling around his sharpened horn. Then he stomped a hoof, and with a jolt, shook his head as if stung by a wasp. He snorted in an ill-tempered manner and let the lightning fade along his hide. Although he backed away a step, his eyes never left Zasha.

Kotori blinked, "M-minion?"

Susan, who seemed to be unmoved by any of the previous events, smirked faintly at the crestfallen look on Kotori's face. She fizzling into and out of the void, appearing beside Kotori. "I mean, she has a point..."

Kotori threw aside her mixed emotions when she heard Charon's familiar voice in her head, 'We are with the captain... there were... some complications but I believe it has been settled for now.' She glanced around the area, trying to find some landmarks to give away their position. In the end she stared up at the nearby cathedral, where she had met the android in the first place. 'We are east of the cathedral's entrance-'

She cut off the communication when she saw flashes of lights erupt from the cathedrals roof, hearing the gunshots shortly after. Quickly, she focused the SIN mark on her other ally, 'Ivan?' It was a relief when she heard his response, but the words he spoke made her worry for his safety, 'Are you injured? We will regroup with you as soon as we are able, but you must hold on until then.'

Caedmon
Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Ruined Cathedral. Interactions: Juju Juju (Gloop, Nemu) seasonedcat seasonedcat (Clementine) Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture (Ivan)​

Ow. Caedmon's eyes fluttered open as he woke on the floor of the broken cathedral. His head and shoulder hurt. Why was that? Oh, of course, he'd fallen on the stone floor. The ESPer groaned as he floated to his feet. In the past his siblings would have caught him when he projected his astral form but it looked like he didn't have that kind of support here. His scowls deepens as he flashes disappointment at Gloop. Why didn't you catch me? You let me down. No, don't argue - you let me down on the floor. That really hurt my feelings. He shook his head, turning his face away from his new sibling to show just how upset he was. You cared more about your creator's legs than you did about me. You do know she can just grow new legs, don't you? But what if the enemy had possessed my body while I was gone? I'd be lost in the astral plane forever. I bet you didn't think about that, did you?

Caedmon then remembers why he'd returned to his body so suddenly. He begins to pat himself down, checking to make sure everything was still there as he throws a suspicious glance at the white witch. His scowl deepens as he growls at the witch who collapsed earlier, "You better not have done anything weird to my body while I was gone." He flushes with embarrassment but quickly turns away to hide it. How could he have been so careless as to leave himself undefended with an enemy. And Gloop.... His new sibling had been too busy merging with its creator to bother watching out for him.

1605512305866.png

The ESPer finds himself facing the gunslinger as he turns away from the two witches and the sibling who had hurt his feelings so. He sighs, shaking his head, as he floats over to the man summoned by SIN showing no reaction the calls of the soldiers outside, "Man, siblings really let you down but you've got to forgive them. You know? Cause they're family." He makes an exaggerated shrug, showing zero reaction as the thunder crashes close by, his face still locked in the same scowl, "Who are you telepathing with, anyway? Got some family of your own?" He rolls his eyes, glancing back at Gloop and saying loudly, "I bet they wouldn't let you fall on the ground just because they were merged with a girl."

Last edited:
IVAN FEDERICO

Ivan grimaced as the new summoned left with the body of the bird man, a relieved sigh escaping his mouth as the scythe was taken away from his throat. It seemed a good portion of them were certifiably insane. “You werent the one with a sword to your throat you unreasonable son of a bitch. You obviously don't understand what being a Summoned means. Everyone who is Summoned bears the potential to destroy worlds. Having the blade of a world ender at your throat is something you deal with quickly.” It was obvious these were not summoned who wanted to work together, and it was even more obvious that they wouldn't hear Ivan, so caught up in their own gloating; But Ivan needed to seek a positive resolution. It felt unlikely however, as somehow the bird man and the one with the beard, neither of which had bothered to even introduce themselves, were in kahoots already. The bearded man had a warped view of reality, and the bird man was obviously sociopathic. The fact that he had acted in self defence in both situations seemed to be an offence in their minds. It was disheartening to say the least. Ivan let out another deep breath and took a seat on a nearby pew, wishing he could just randomly soar away in sick ass mechas.

The guard power that the bearded one had used looked incredibly useful, and Ivan wished he’d fired a couple more times. But the bird man had spared Ivan in the end, so perhaps it was equal. Neither of them got the kill. Ivan chewed on the edge of his thumb for a moment and then turned his head as a new face appeared near him. This was Caedmon but Ivan had no clue who the floating guy was at the time. People seemed really bad with introductions here. It was sorta funny that the bird guy had been so protective of the egg though. Maybe some good had shone through in that; Ivan had no clue, he wanted to shoot the guy again. Caedmon didn't seem like a bad sort however. Ivan turned to him, looking at his feet, floating above the ground for a full several seconds, then he said, “Yeahhhhhh, family can be like that sometimes… I'm telepathing with some other old summoned if you really need to know. I honestly don't know what they’d do in that situation. But I think they would make the right decision. Whatever that means.” Ivan held out his hand and said, “You don't seem like a bad sort, I'm Ivan."
Ivan had to hold his arm at an acute angle just to get close to Caedmon’s floating hand.

Juju Juju Kaihaku Kaihaku Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim nighttimecatplayer nighttimecatplayer

Rojy’s Journal
1605548814677.png

Day 1

Hello, this is Rojy… the weak one at least… I just found this cool notebook, the Rojy’s don't really care about a journal… our memories are very good… but I have times where I want to relax and write things, this feels like I’m talking with myself which in a sense helps out… Lawful also lets me do this at least 1 hour everyday while the other 23 hours are working since I don’t need food or sleep… there I go over explaining again.

So today being the first day I was told to go clean the mess that was made. I reluctantly agreed but I looked around the facility to find something that could help me. The place is huge, I even found a huge empty room which I might use later… I also realized every door here requires an access key which I was able to take from the blown body of the head of the facility… The key allowed me to open almost all doors and access a handful of devices, however certain devices required further steps, certain doors require retinal scanners while some data archives requires a separate password which changes every 10 minutes… of course when it came to the doors I could walk through them but with the data archives I’ll need to carefully… ummm… break through it without destroying what’s inside… Anyways, after searching for a half an hour I was able to find the janitor’s room and grabbed the equipment, poorly cleaning everything which then led to me having to do it all over again… the pieces that couldn’t be washed off had to be disposed...thankfully there was an incinerator in the janitor’s room… talk about a scary room…

After cleaning up, I left from the main hidden entrance of the facility where I had gotten ambushed… the reason for this was because I needed to collapse all entrances so only I could go through…

On my way with the wooden elevator I encountered someone particular… Apparently, Bella (I think that's her name), the current face and guild master of the Guild I own with Hakai, had sent someone to spy on me… I won’t reveal anything here, that would be bad, I thought they were here to kill me or something along those lines, but they were simply here to send a message, so Lawful also took the time to send them a message back. I won’t specify what kind of message I received but it was good news and made Lawful quite happy, as such he sent back a letter to Bella, I wasn’t able to catch much of what he wrote but it seemed very serious… he’s always so serious. Aside from that one time at the tavern…

Of Course I then proceeded to collapse the entrance with many rocks I brought into my domain… After that I was told I should explore the entire facility again, but this time trying to look for important things and if I didn’t find anything useful then I should repair and finish construction of Project 1, Analyze the knife of the assassin, and maybe try to learn about the tech inside the facility… but my free time came just in time as I was beginning to explore… I’ve decided to spend it on the best place of the facility which is the office of that doctor… it’s a shame the desk is damaged, but it’s still pretty level and cool, I’ll be sure to also check the things on his walls… Oh and there was also a Library, I’ll be there too sometimes... Welp… there’s not much else to write here so…

End of Day 1

Caedmon
Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Ruined Cathedral. Interactions: Juju Juju (Gloop, Nemu) Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture (Ivan)​

"I am Caedmon. ESPer Nu Type 2149. I won a war and then was summoned here by a moral abstract. I knew a battlespire named Ivan for a few years before reality was destroyed. Well, it was named Ivanhoe but we called it Ivan for short. For some reason the regulars on board didn't like us calling it Hoe for short. It had a great sense of humor before it exploded after ramming a T class daemon at L5. Good sort that Ivanhoe." Caedmon responds in a friendly manner and with well deserved pride over the victory, though his expression remains the same scowl as ever. This new Ivan reminded him of Ivanhoe. He suspected that new Ivan would also ram a powerful opponent and self destruct to save a colony. Too bad the colony had been lost anyway but that was war. It also seemed that new Ivan had a great sense of humor. He lowers his voice as he adds conspiratively, "I'm not sure who the CO is but, just between us, the mission perimeters are very vague. It's a sloppy operation."

"The telepathy that you're using is first class. Very impressive. Not at all like the cheap stuff that old guy with the beard was using earlier. Reading people's thoughts with eyewear, who does that?"
Caedmon continues easily, as he fistbumps the outstretched hand and then tries to follow up with some overcomplicated secret handshake maneuver that includes wiggling his thumb and index finger. "I'm glad to hear that they would make the right decision." He says the last couple of words loudly, glancing back at the teenage witch and the gelatinous being wrapped around her legs, then turns back to new Ivan. He was still waiting for an apology before he forgave Gloop but for some reason his new sibling wasn't responding to the normal 'you hurt my feelings say sorry' cues. He wondered if he'd have to educate Gloop about that too. Caedmon looks thoughtfully at new Ivan for a long moment then snaps his fingers and adds excitedly, "Hey! I think that you were mentioned in the mission briefing. 'Another of a futuristic time, a gunman whose will and foolhardy sense landed him in a dire situation with a few others. His rifle once pierced the clouds.' Is that you? What does it mean a dire situation? Do you need an assist?" He shakes his head, adding critically, "See what I mean about it being vague? CO must be a field promote."

Last edited:
The head of the Assault Armor quickly turns to look at Lukas, but the actual response is slow in coming as Yunica was completely caught off guard. She never had someone look to her for leadership before, and the clone didn't really know what to do with it. "Um, well, if you could help get some of them out from under the debris maybe?"

The patter of rain drops hitting the Armor then gave her another idea, something better suited for a younger person who didn't have the benefit of mechanical support. "Or see if you can find somewhere out of the rain that can be used for shelter, and maybe some healers and any supplies while you are at it. My own magic will only go so far." With that she turned to move to the next closest missile victim to help get them to safety. Meanwhile Yunica hoped that her directions were enough. She really had no idea how to handle being in charge, but with any luck someone more qualified would come along, the sooner the better.

Kaihaku Kaihaku StaidFoal StaidFoal Solirus Solirus

--------------

Despite the damage he had suffered, though he had regained most of the functionality in his arm, Charon arrived at Kotori's location before long and cheerfully announced his presence. "Kotori! Horny Horse!" The android glanced over at Zasha and the knight captain for a moment before turning his attention back to his allies.

"Watch out for the new Summoned, they got dragged here by a god named Virtue and given basically the same task as us, but with the addition of taking out most if not all of us brought here by SINny! This one in particular just blew up a chunk of the city, so she's plenty corrupt and needs a HUG." Even to those not familiar with Charon, the way he said the word 'hug' would sound off somehow, as if he had managed to twist an innocent word to represent something deadly and the way the glow of his eyes increased only added to the violent intent of the word.

Lastly he addressed the knight. "I guess congratulations to you, fleshy knight, now you have two gods futzing around with your world!"

Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim Juju Juju

Lukas Nephus
Interaction(s): StaidFoal StaidFoal Juju Juju (Goodest Boi) Solirus Solirus (Jason) YsFanatic YsFanatic (Yunica) Mentions: StaidFoal StaidFoal (Meira)
Lukas is caught off guard by the robot's slow and uncertain response. His face twists in confusion and frustration as he looks over the leveled neighborhood, then back at the robot. People were trapped somewhere under that debris but this robot was painfully uncertain what to do. He thought it would point out where people were buried. Artificial intelligence was still the stuff of speculative fiction on his world but he had expected something more from this hulking warmachine. Getting them out of the rain wasn't the priority either, they needed to get any survivors out of this warzone to that sanctuary Meira had talked about...before the others brought more destruction here.

"Weren't you finding them with radar or something? We can't do that! We're just human. We don't know where they're buried! If you tell us where we can help dig them out!" Lukas was feeling desperate to do something to help but completely helpless to do anything on his own. If this robot wouldn't tell them were people were buried what could they possibly do? He didn't even know how many people had been hiding out here in the abandoned neighborhood. He slumps visibly as the robot walks away. What was it doing now?

Then he remembered the canine that had been following him. Turning to the dog, he bends down and gestures at the rubble, "Fido! Can you find them? Where are the people? Go get them! Go find them!" He makes another go get 'em gesture, hoping the world conquering dog would understand. For good measure he shouted out any dog command he could think of that might work, "Seek? Find em? Fetch? Search?"

Last edited:
Goodest Boi.png
☼ Goodest Boi ☼Interaction: Kaihaku Kaihaku Solirus Solirus YsFanatic YsFanatic
Goodest Boi looked up at Lukas and tilted his head, tongue hanging out the side of his mouth. When Lukas repeated the words he sniffed the air, blinking his beady eyes in confusion. He looked where Lukas pointed then back at the boy, the cogwheels of his brain working hard to understand what was meant to be found. Was this the game of fetch? Goodest Boi quite liked the game of fetch. It was the best in the world! But right now he did not know what there was to fetch.

Goodest Boi stood up and borked, tail wagging. He would just have to fetch everything until he found 'them'! It was very clever! He picked up a nearby rock in his teeth and brought it back to Lukas. Not it... hmm... there were many rocks. Maybe it was a stick? Goodest Boi waddled over to a large beam of wood and tugged it from the rubble without much effort. That was when he sensed it again, a similar feeling to whenever he had found Lukas. The beam dropped in a poof of ash.

The doggo stood still, ears alert. He stuck his nose into the air and sniffed, finding different smells hidden beneath all the ash and upturned dirt. Two-legs were hiding in the rubble? New friends? He would help them, yes he would! They had to be what Lukas was looking for!

Goodest Boi began to visibly glow with excitement, tail wagging. There was only one game better than fetch, and that was hide and seek! With a loud bark and an enormous rush of air, the floofy doggo took off towards the nearest new friend. He leapt over a patch of flaming rubble and landed on a pile of broken bricks, barking excitedly, he began to dig into the square stones. His claws tore it up as easily as dirt, flinging bricks and pieces of wood behind him until he broke through into the small air pocket. In it was a young woman, curled up and just barely conscious.

"BORK!" Goodest Boi called gleefully, having found the first new friend in need. He saw her gasp for breath, then cry out in a mixture of relief and sorrow. Goodest Boi nommed the back of her shirt and pulled her out of the rubble, tail wagging. He licked the soot away from her face until the tears turned into some laughter. She hugged onto the fluffy doggo and sobbed out a few prayers and thank yous.

Goodest Boi was just happy she felt better, proud he had been such a good seeker and an even better at providing hugs. He began to bork at Lukas and Jason, trying to get their attention. As soon as they caught up with him he would take off after another friend hidden in the rubble, pulling them out in a similar fashion, until he had found all of them.

1605558070248.png
Clementine~
Clementine couldn't even muster up the strength to look at the other girl, choosing the floor to be a much better choice for her gaze. Her breathing was uneven as she gripped her head tightly, pulling at her hair. "No, no, no, no, no," she mumbled to herself. This made no sense. Even if she was dead, how come she is in the same afterlife as her. She was far from pure. She had killed the other girl for fucks sake. This made no sense. Her throat was so dry the sobs couldn't pass through, leaving her shaking as her emotions ripped through her mind and body. Why...?

Her self loathing distracted her from the world around her, tuning out the words of her fellow summoned and even the guards outside. Things were spinning and her tinny gasps of breath were growing too thin of air. She needed to calm herself down or she was going to faint. Her shaky hands wiped her face as she tried to bring herself back, though the liquid she cleared was quickly replaced by more.

Her emotions were quickly frozen when the crackle of magic tickled her skin. Her eyes went wide. She could feel the thick mana in the air, powerful and strong. She glanced up, more people had shown up now. Not only that she couldn't tell where the electrifying current of magic was coming from, stumbling up she gripped Nemu's arm, "Wh-what was that? Did you use a spell?" she stumbled out, her tongue feeling swollen as she finally looked at the other girl again. She swallowed painfully, before glancing at the others, now more composed. Even still her hands shook as she glanced around at them, "I-Ivan? What do you mean by old summoned? Why are we here?" she spoke in a shaky, confused voice.
interacts: Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture Juju Juju
close by: Kaihaku Kaihaku

--
1605571975851.png
Csilla~
Csilla felt the wind rush past her as the great beast Wakinyan rode. It reminded her of her time at the top of the mountain. It reminded her of a time when she felt free. She almost lost herself in the feeling for a moment before she brought herself back to reality. The crackling of lightning jolted her out of sweat memories. "Wakinyan?!" she spoke in surprise as her eyes bolted open, quickly trying to take in what was going on.

Her eyes widened at the sight of the captain collapsing. Her eyes were wide as she bit her lip. Kotori and Wakinyan had just gotten out of jail and now this... in front of this many people. She felt her chest grow tight. Kotori and Wakinyan couldn't be bad, could they....? Her body felt like lead at the question. No! She couldn't think like that... she knew her. She only would do something like that for the greater good of everyone. Still... it was suspicious.

Shaking her head she gracefully dismounted Wakinyan, landing on the ground lightly. As she did so she extended her hand to help Enzio down, a soft smile on her face. She felt heavy in her heart that he might not take it because of what happened but she wanted nothing more than for this to not happen. Whether he took it or not she soon took off towards the guard captain, dropping down on her knees and looking to see if she was okay Pleading to the moons that she was okay, knowing she could hopefully help with her healing powers.
interacts: Juju Juju
around: Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim YsFanatic YsFanatic

Last edited:
IVAN FEDERICO

Ivan listened to Caedmon, finding the man amusing in his telling of his old life. Ivanhoe sounded like a good battle spire whatever that was. The fact it had exploded itself sounded like a sad ending, but Ivan assumed that it had died doing what it had loved. With a name like Ivanhoe, deathramming Daemons sounded like it was probably a passion. As he listened to the story, Ivan sat back down on the pew and took out some medical supplies he’d taken from the Nortestrans. He began to bandage the slight wound from the pigeon the bird man had been carrying. He’d need to get it checked for curses or infection later. Who knew what that classy looking hobo had up his sleeve. The wound itself already looked bad in fact. He grimaced as he touched it once or twice. He then poured the disinfectant potion on the wound, an intense burning filling his entire leg as he did so. Ivan could tell it was worse than it looked. He definitely needed to get it checked.

Ivan nodded and smiled at Caedmon. “Indeed. Whoever's in charge here needs a good bootlicking. Also say, did you notice the bird looking guy and the egg? Hilarious right? Him and beardie also seemed really buddy buddy. That's the guy who was reading thoughts with eyewear right?” Ivan wrapped his leck in gauze after preparing the wound as much as possible. He cursed and wished his power had been super healing, before snapping off the end of the gauze roll strip. The wound was dealt with, but it would need to be checked later. “Yeah I shot the clouds once, not a huge deal to be honest, I missed. Though I gotta say, it felt pretty sick to shoot a laser at a dragon. And our situation? Yeah I'd say it's pretty shitty. This group of pretty bad dudes from a place called Mollug are invading this city, which is called Castellan, and basically the city is fucked if we can't fight them off again. I'm honestly surprised anyones still here in this meat grinder. So yeah, an assist would be nice.” Ivan stood up and looked over at the witch with her slimy companion. The slime looked a little gross but the creature itself had cute proportions. It was a really weird thing.

Ivan looked at Clementine then motioned for her to come over. He spoke to her before she could respond, “I'm Ivan Federico, Gunslinger and former superhero. I can basically make guns and shit.” Turning to Caedmon he added, “I never knew anyone named Caedmon in my world but I did know a guy named Cladman, and that's sorta similar to your name. He was sorta weird but not a bad guy. Just a janitor though.” He then turned back to Clementine and said, “You're not gonna attack me are ya? I’ve had enough of the random assaults today.”

Kaihaku Kaihaku Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim nighttimecatplayer nighttimecatplayer

Reisen.jpg
Zasha
Interactions: Juju Juju YsFanatic YsFanatic
The first few seconds she was talking to Greymourne, and then the next she was on the ground. Her mind played everything in slow motion when her head bumped the ground. The sudden attack, the split second betrayal after she had just offered her services to the protection of this fiery garbage pile of a city. Zasha felt every single nanite in her bloodstream go into overdrive as absolute fury and hate coursed through her, trying their hardest to regulate her emotions and heart rate. Not even two seconds and she's already pinned to the ground by this stupid little bitch that spoke about honor and all that bullshit. She wasn't just livid, no, the amount of rage and humiliation for thinking that she could actually trust these Castellan knights were murderous. Every single fiber of her being began the process of priming several thousand missiles to turn this godforsaken city into a fiery crater twenty times over.

But before she could order their deployment, the crack of lightning that was clearly aimed at her was intercepted by Greymourne. The flash had Zasha staring at her eyes for the briefest moments before she fell to the side. The rage subsided almost immediately as the young bunny realized what she had done. For the briefest seconds, the missile silo within her pocket dimension paused the launch sequence of the city destroying salvo she was about to unleash, and she simply stared at her inert form as the sounds of hooves came closer to them. This woman, no Aurella Greymourne, had just saved her from being turned into a living lightning rod. For a while, she was simply stunned at the act of heroism from some stranger she had just met. It wasn't until that her shock was ended when she got an up close and personal look at a unicorn and the few words Greymourne uttered about it.

Their exchange of words had Zasha take the offered hand and found her rage bubbling within as she saw the culprit of her attempted murder. "You get off on murdering people you meet for the first time, huh bitch?" Her words were laced with so much hate and venom as several targeting reticles within her eyes had just aimed a Lead Wall artillery module right at the two summoned responsible. 100 autocannons, spooled up to fire 10,000 rounds per minute at Kotori and her pet unicorn. All it would take was a mental trigger to saturate the two with a veritable wall of explosive rounds of depleted uranium until they were strips of skin and clothes lying on the side of the street. And it was so tempting to do it too. Every fiber of her body was telling her to tear into them as an example that unlike the natives here, other summoned could and will obliterate them at any chance they could get.

But in the end, much to her pure hatred of her logical and long term oriented mind, she didn't unleash the salvo of bullets and missiles. As much as it would give her immense catharsis to turn that little smug unicorn into glue fit to repair her disposable utility drones, she had a job to do first, and that meant having to act goody goody with the Summoned allied with Castellan, but that didn't mean she couldn't give them one warning. For safety measures, she had a minimum of 100 missiles trained on every single summoned in the vicinity at all times. If her sensors got so much as a crackle from either, those missiles will fire. She strode up to Kotori with pure fury in her eyes, jabbing a finger to her chest.

"Listen here you murder happy, psycho bitch with the walking glue stick," she barked out. "This shit ain't settled until I fucking make this clear. I've got about one hundred missiles trained on you, your little pony, and your friends riding up here. I get so much as static from the horse, I'm blowing you up to kingdom come, no questions asked, so you better fucking open those ears and put a leash on it. I already hate you. I look at you and I want to punch your skull in, but I won't because I just agreed to help their garbage dumpster fire of a city seconds ago. Let me make this goddamn clear because I'm about one thread away from filling you with bullet holes. Don't get near me, don't talk to me, and if your children's toy reject even thinks about pulling the same shit it did earlier, I'll shove a missile so far up your collective digestive tracts, you'll be shitting rocket fuel for the next decade." She ended by flicking her finger upwards to hit Kotori's nose, walking away towards Greymourne. Separate sensors kept a track of the pair and the girls that were with Kotori, and she heard the android from earlier. "Get close and I'll fill you with enough lead that I'll remake another copy of you from the casings and shoot it again." She made a point by letting several hundred autocannons spool up and broadcast it for everyone to hear, the tri-barreled artillery weapons peaking out from her fortress like black maws. "Don't get funny ideas. I don't need to look to shoot."

Zasha fumed as she stomped over to her savior, regarding the man next to her with little interest. The magma of rage bubbled under her skin, but at least this time she could keep herself under control to actually speak without having to curse her heart out. How long has it been since she's been this angry? Rather it was a familiar feeling, like when her dear departed older sister decided to put a bullet in her skull for not pulling in a bigger profit. God, if she had anything to trigger her, it was the idea of being swindled on the sliver of trust she hands out to make business happen as a gun for hire. But there was no use in dwelling with her insecurities and dislikes, she needed to act somewhat professionally to the guard captain.

"Oi, Greymourne was it?" She sighed, running a hand through her hair, the fury softening to one that seemed reluctant to admit a wrong. "Look, you saved me, so I owe you at least a solid for that. Without you manhandling me to the ground- rude by the way, but I'll let it slide- I'd be a fucking vegetable flopping on the dirt." Her fortress spawned a small injector onto her hand similar to that of an epi-pen, the liquid inside glowing a cool cyan. She held it out to the knight captain. "So here, we'll call it even. Right here's what we call Hydra Nanites. Best battlefield medicine my side of the galactic arm, and then some. Jab it on anyone hanging on an inch of their life and they'll get back up like you just promised them a lifetime supply of alcohol and hookers. Heals fatal injuries in seconds, and pretty much dissolves harmlessly into the bloodstream once the damage is fixed. It's got five shots, so pick your times. I'd hand out more, but I'd rather eat a gun for dinner than give these shit stains more without a really good fucking reason."

She stretched, then cricked her neck with a satisfying pop, turning her eyes back to the summoned. "Now, where the hell are these Mollug bastards? I need to vent and I've got about a thousand primed missiles sitting around not making something go boom."

Last edited:
Charon stares at Zasha, not verbalizing a response. Instead music could be heard gradually increasing in volume until it could be clearly heard. He still had some energy that had been gathered with the souls of those two knights had been cleansed, if needed he could simply use that to increase his defense. For a few moments anyway, then he'd be in trouble if help didn't arrive. Clearly he was going to need more soul energy to deal with these new Summoned if they continued to be uppity, emotional fleshies.

Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim

Lukas Nephus
Interaction(s): StaidFoal StaidFoal Juju Juju (Goodest Boi) Solirus Solirus (Jason) YsFanatic YsFanatic (Yunica) Mentions: StaidFoal StaidFoal (Meira) GrieveWriter GrieveWriter (Rook)
Lukas can't help but shout in relief as the fluffy dog begins to dig out survivors, "Good dog! What a smart puppy! That's right!" He hurries over to help the canine pull people out of the rubble. Lukas does his best but his strength is clearly lacking compared to the canine hero. However, the instant Lukas touches a survivor they find their health restored and all injuries mysteriously gone. Even old scars, worn joints, lingering curses, and chronic illnesses from years past give way to perfect health. As each survivor is pulled free, Lukas directs their attention to the glowing dog and away from him, running after the canine while shouting, "Come on, after the dog! It's saving everyone!"

Some of the survivors scatter, trusting in their own wits to escape, but soon there's a decent sized group hurrying after the dog and pulling others to safety. Lukas and many of the survivors praise the dog at every free moment, showering him with kind words and pets. In the spare moments between pulling out survivors and running to the next person, Lukas reflects that he had been wrong. This was a very good dog, indeed.

"We need to get out of here! One of the soldiers, Meira, told me that there's a safe place for citizens to shelter at the second wall! There...are dangerous people nearby...at the cathedral." Lukas says to the group as the dog stops its search. They needed to get out of here. A lightning bolt had struck the cathedral not long ago indicating that the other summoned hadn't finished their power struggle. Though, if the dog was good, maybe they weren't all as bad as he feared. He had only paid attention to the loudest of them but there were others who were quiet. Like those teenage girls with the with hats, the guy covered in scars, and this guy who had followed the dog back to him. Lukas had been so focused on his own pain but...maybe they were just as distressed. Maybe he wasn't the only one summoned here as a cosmic joke. Maybe this was just a cruel joke on all of them. Even the psychopaths. It wouldn't be a stretch for a deity to promise something and then constantly move it one step out of right. He swallows dryly, thinking about the massive construct that had crashed across the city. He knew better than to pray for guidance, the gods didn't care, but he hoped the survivors could somehow make it there. He had already decided to slip away when there was a good opening and try to make his own way out of this warzone. "Hey robot! Come on, the survivors need to get to the second wall before they start blowing things up again!"

Last edited:
=TOBIAS AND MII=
Interactions: YsFanatic YsFanatic (Yunica)
Mentions: Juju Juju (Team Pony) seasonedcat seasonedcat (Csilla) Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture (Ivan) @Other Old Summoned

"Ah! What vile disrespect!" But as he furrowed his brows, the rest of Yunica's words came and went. New summoned, spawned—not from SIN—but another being of divine power by the name of Virtue? More factors, more variables. More cogs turning in his mind. More worries, more anticipation. Tobias froze in place as the mech suit ran off to help the traitorous Nortestrans. Of course, they don't know how these mongrels view us 'summoned'. But for this "Virtue" to lie to her subjects about how "dangerous" the old ones are... "Maybe in time, you'll look past the lie you've been fed about the old summoned, considering that I'm one of them." He floated to her side again, putting his palm over his chest to emphasize.

As more people scrawled out to rescue the Nortestran snakes, Tobias let out a scoff. "And maybe when the ones you saved turn your back on you; look at you like the scum of the world, you'll join me in today's course of action..." With that, he drifted away from Yunica. Time for thought on the new summoned and deity would come tomorrow and the days after. His friends were imprisoned; forced into a trial where everyone was against them. Nothing was going to be fair for the heroes of Castellan. Of that, he was certain.

Tobias glanced over to a pile of wreckage, listening for the familiar bouncing of his companion. A faint smile grew on his face as he floated over. "Mii, we'll need to cut your snack short, I'm afraid." He aimed his arm at the rubble. The Gravity Suit sparkled and shined with energy. It redirected Tobias' power towards the collapsed building, and he raised his arm. Like a coil, the pile of rubble hovered silently, layer by layer.

"Pukyuu?" Mii would pause her consumption. The half of the corpse was already dissolving in the translucent fluid that made up the slime. Beside it, a young man raised a now free hand in a face-down position. Blanketed in soot and leaving pools of blood from his thrashed legs, he dug the hand in rubble and used what little strength he had to pull himself. Mii, notably doubled in size—now as big as Tobias himself—then engulfed the rest of the nearby cadaver. Mii outstretched a tendril toward Tobias, wrapping around him. It then swung the rest of the body around, wrapping like a vine around Tobias' Gravity Suit.

"Mii, I must say, your constricting method of attaching to me is rather weighty." He released the gravitic hold, and the pile of rubble fell again, burying the severely wounded man once more. Not even glancing back, Tobias floated away with Mii—towards Castellan's second wall. Flying above the grounds of the blast radius, past the wounded and the dead, he slowed his breath as the nerves grew. To him, the lives of his friends all depended on whatever he did next. He sent a message to all the old summoned through SIN's mark: Hold on, everybody, rescue is on its way! Together we will vanquish the traitorous dogs of Nortestra!

Last edited:
Caedmon
Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Ruined Cathedral. Interactions: Juju Juju (Gloop) Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture (Ivan) YsFanatic YsFanatic (Charon) seasonedcat seasonedcat (Clementine)​

"I noticed that... It was strange that they bonded so quickly." Caedmon says solemnly, glancing up at the sky with a frown. He understood the bird and the egg. It was the same for him and his new sibling. But why had the bird run away with that old man who smelled like cheap telepathy? He shook his head. He had wanted to talk more with the bird but when he went into astral form it's presence had all but disappeared; merged into that old man. He shutters at the thought. Oh well. The bird had to make it's own choices in life. He turns his attention back to new Ivan. Cladman the Janitor? Caedmon wasn't familiar with the janitor rank but Cladman sounded like a great warrior. He nodded in approval of the comparison. "So we should protect this city? From the Mollug? Roger. I accept this mission. Let's coordinate strat... Oh no."

Caedmon goes silent as the enemy draws close. She had cunningly evaded his attack and was now approaching new Ivan. He needed to warn new Ivan but couldn't risk goading the warrior into ramming and self-destructing on this enemy. He reaches into his pocket and pulls out a psicrystal, which he hands to Ivan with a serious nod.

If new Ivan takes the psicrystal he finds that he can communicate telepathically with Caedmon. It's quite different than the connection provided by SIN, there's an empathic component to this one as well some minor sensory sharing. Caedmon intuits to new Ivan that the connection can be strengthened in combat - enabling them to pool their psychic and spiritual defenses, access each other's mental skills, manifest powers from each other's location, and even transposition using teleportation. There is another being on the psicrystal network...the sweet sugary presence of Gloop. Caedmon decides to let Gloop warn new Ivan about the enemy since it was more familiar with her vile tactics.

Then, suddenly, Caedmon is distracted....

"Wait... Do you hear that? What is that beautiful music?" Caedmon asks abruptly as noise sounds from a far corner of the cathedral. He floats off, looking for the source of the sound. There it is. He thought it was an android at first but then he noticed its powerful muscles. Those muscles were so brainy. Incredible. It was rare to meet muscles that were strong and smart. Usually it was one or the other. Then there was the spiritual presence. It was almost like this being was carrying many souls within it. The ESPer's voice breaks a bit as he introduces himself, though his face remains locked in the same scowl, "Um... I'm Caedmon. ESPer Nu Type 2149. I, uh, won an interdimensional war...and, uh, then I got summoned here by a moral abstract. So, uh, what's your name?"

=MEIRA AARLE=
Interactions: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter (Poma)
Mentions: None​

Impulsive as it may have been, two massive explosions occurring before anyone's eyes would get their adrenaline pumping. Meira chuckled nervously as she darted through the war-razed part of the city. Seemed like the new summoned were far more hectic than the previous batches; a wrench shot from the heavens and into the machine. 'Don't report useless information to me' she requested. Well, princess, wouldn't you be happy to see me? Meira hopped from a tilted column, expecting to land a roll along the road... only for her feet to never even touch them. Her vision blurred for a few seconds, not expecting the sudden shift in direction. "Huh? Wha—? Aramus?"

Poma's words soon reached the beastwoman after having wind blow her hair in her face. "Oh! Not Aramus. The name was Poma, right?" Meira peered out, feeling the elevation rise and change at summoned's flight. But it wasn't the height that bothered Meira; they'd drop from such heights back at the Institute. It was the humiliating position that which she was carried in; exactly why she preferred moving alone. "I'm grateful you consider me an ally, then!" she said with her brightest smile

I hate this, she thought as she looked out over Castellan. Too many variables with this new batch. It was already a hassle dealing with the first that showed, and now the operation... She paced her breath as Poma kept flying. Whatever you do, general, don't let it get destroyed before anything. "Er, you can let me off in front of the wall." Can't have everyone watch a summoned carry me around Castellan...

=NAIA AARLE=
TRIBUTE TO FROSTFIRE -> INSIDE ROYAL PALACE

Interactions: Kaihaku Kaihaku (Voorjaar)
Mentions: None​

Naia did not notice Dezgheţ's sturdiness, nor the odd, sudden shift from cold to humanly warm. Rather, her thoughts lied on the craving for another egg tart. "Yup! Nobody's ever broken into the palace, before!" Naia then covered her mouth with wide-eyes, remembering what they said about the detestable Mollug assassins. Hurriedly glancing around, Naia leaned up for Dezgheţ's ear. "You see, my sister said that the Mollug assassins is a lie, and that Frostfire just went elsewhere to help from that place, wherever it is." And before her concerned sister had said so, Naia was crying her eyes out at the news of Felicia's death.

Naia stepped back, stretching her arms. This stranger woman with rare materials and supposedly amazing arcanist had to have had important business elsewhere, and Meira said that she shouldn't keep people busy. "I guess I'm going back home, now..." Naia was almost dejected as she looked back at the palace, taking a few steps there. She took a deeper breath, lightly hopping to pscyhe herself back up. With one more look back at Dezgheţ, she shouted, "I'm gonna tell my teacher that I wanna be just like Ms. Cold Woman!" Arms out by her side, Naia raced back to the palace. The golden bird spirit followed suit.

Dezgheţ
(Mother Voorjaar)

Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Outside of Royal Palace -> Second Ward
Mentions: StaidFoal StaidFoal (Naia)​

Dezgheţ waited motionless by the Tribute to Frostfire, watching the young mage depart with cold eyes until she passed safely into the Royal Palace. Her eyes narrowed imperceivably as the girl shouted that she wanted to be like 'Ms. Cold Woman.' Then she turned, giving the statue one last glance, and began walking back towards the Second Wall. She wondered how much of what the little mage had been told was truth. Her sister was advisor to the monarchy but... Virtue had hinted that Frostfire was still alive but she doubted that Frostfire was willingly waiting in secret to help somewhere else. It was more likely that she was imprisoned. Virtue had used the phrase 'quieted' and that continued to trouble her. She needed to tread carefully until she understood the full implications of it. The others continued to assume this world was a plaything they could conquer with brute force but that approach had failed the previous summoned. It sounded like they might be siphoning Frostfire's power for their own purposes. She couldn't blame them. It's exactly what she was planning to do to more than one of the old summoned.

The thought of going ahead with her plan to take on the form of the young girl and infiltrate made her feel ill. She couldn't bring herself to take on the girl's form though she was confident it was the safest way to get pass the guards. She felt disgusted at herself for even planning to take advantage of the child. Dezgheţ let out a cold white breath. She would delve deeper into the secrets of the monarchy later. She had learned enough here for now. Now she'd infiltrate the Mollug camp besieging this city and come to understand their side of the conflict.

As soon as she reached a back alley, Dezgheţ ducked behind some crates and disappeared. The old cat took her place and began to run towards the Second Wall...far faster than should have been possible for the stray feline.

Last edited:
Jason

The boy told me the dog was summoned by SIN… might be the contrary deity of Virtue… He also affirmed to me that he was summoned by Virtue… I don’t know if that’s a good thing. He also pointed at a robot, or mech… android? Apparently they were also summoned by Virtue… they are pulling people out of the rubble, If I want the trust of this place I might need to do the same…

Finally the boy told me his name… it’s Lukas… he then asked for my name… I don’t say my name to hide it from other rival cults… but that was back in my world… and now that I’m free, I don’t need to worry. “The name is Jason. I responded clearly.

Lukas then moved on ahead to help out the mechanical thing, releasing people from the rubble… Might as well try to help… I headed first to where the Robot, Lukas, and the Dog who Lukas had named Fido where, and then looked around… a couple lifeless hands were sticking out… but there were also live ones… I moved from rubble to rubble, slowly and carefully lifting up debris trying to not crush people… Some ran away the moment they had a chance… others couldn’t run, and some stood still from shock… I moved the willing ones to a group Lukas was making, filled with survivors who got close to the Dog… Now that I recall, the dog did emanate some kind of energy when I saw him with my attire… I might need to check that later…

After a while of trying to get people out, Lukas told the robot that they needed to get all the willing survivors to the second wall… “Let’s be careful about it, we could encounter dangerous things along the way, I don’t know if those explosions we heard were the only ones that are going to happen.”

Interactions: Kaihaku Kaihaku YsFanatic YsFanatic Juju Juju

The floating man’s initial response completely confused Yunica. Didn’t he realize that she gave him that warning because she knew that he was an Old Summoned? Wondering if he was perhaps insane, the clone opted to just get away from him and get back to digging out survivors. Having been distracted by the Old Summoned and then being focused on her efforts, she initially missed the work being done by the others.

At least until she heard something about getting the people to the second wall. Looking up from the person she had just helped, Yunica noted with surprise that everyone had been rescued from the debris and that people were getting ready to go. Pausing for a moment, the clone realized that maybe she should update Charon. “Hey, Charon, we finished finding all the survivors. It sounds like we are moving them to the second wall for safety.”

Charon didn’t move even a little bit before responding to Caedmon. “I’m Hug Lord of Doom 3000.” Normally he would have added more antics to the response, but he was still focused on the situation with the cyborg, plus he was getting a communication from the princess. After a moment’s consideration about Yunica’s status update, the android had an idea, one that would place him in a more favorable situation. Getting the princess to other people that she could count on as allies would mean that she would be less likely to want to ask him for help, which was good. Even better, if the people came under attack then he’d be able to kill a bunch of Mollugs for their souls. “Change of plans, Kotori and her friends are here now, near the cathedral. I’m going to go take over for you, and you can come here to meet them.”

“I gotta go for a bit,” he suddenly announces and then points at Greymourne. “And before you get all emotional, I’m going to help get some of your your people to safety. People that she...” the android’s finger shifts to Zasha, “... almost killed. Yunica will be coming here to take my place, and she can guide me back once I am done.” Not bothering to wait for a response, Charon spun in place and ignited his thrusters while simultaneously tapping into his stored soul energy for even more speed, allowing him to take off at his highest possible speed.

Yunica was taken off guard by the plan of action that Charon has mentioned. If he felt that he’d be the better guard, she wasn’t going to argue but she did wonder as to his reasoning. However, when he showed up maybe a couple of minutes later she didn’t ask as there were more important things to worry about. With him moving to join the mass of people and the other Summoned, the clone reduced the Armor’s weight to its lowest setting before heading back towards the Cathedral, the purple and black power of gravity magic on her legs lending her even more speed.

Caedmon
Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Ruined Cathedral. Interactions: Juju Juju (Wakinyan) Mentions: Juju Juju (Gloop) YsFanatic YsFanatic (Charon)​

Caedmon shakes his head as the mechanical figure hurries away after a terse introduction. He'd hope to get to know those brainy muscles better, he thought that like they might be like him. Grown for war in a lab. In other words, family. Their rugged intellectualism had overwhelmed him with emotion. But it seemed like they were part of some kind of erotic hugging machine. He shutters. He had almost made a terrible mistake and given one of his psicrystals to that...Hug Lord of Doom 3000. That was definitely not the kind of sibling he wanted. He needed to be more careful, his new sibling already had a weakness to legs and linking it in an astral network with an erotic hugging machine would have been a terrible mistake.

Turning away from the shrinking figure of Hug Lord of Doom 3000, Caedmon stops as he spots something incredible. A mythical creature from his homeworld. Well, technically it wasn't his homeworld but the homeworld of the humans who had made him. The creature had been extinct for so long that some had begun to question if it had ever really existed at all. But here it was. The majestic physique. The commanding horn. The eyes of smoldering rage.

"...a real living rhinoceros." Caedmon breathes in awe, his glasses sliding to the bridge of his nose as he stares at Wakinyan.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back