• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
CC_20201107_160639.png CC_20201107_161226.png
Kotori and WakinyanInteraction: Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim | Mention: Any sky gazers​

Kotori felt a rush of dread as a missile crashed into a nearby sector of the city. Wakinyan saw it too, and she felt his anger grow. "We need to hurry" Kotori muttered, but her attention was shifted when an enormous shadow rose above the city, all shining black wings and lightning. She could see clumps of buildings and living creatures rise up from its winds. "Wakinyan! Over there!"

The Divine Beast skidded to a halt, twisting upon the cobbled streets to face the living tempest. Fury flashed in his eyes, brighter than the newborn strikes of lightning. A rumble grew in his throat, escaping as a thunderous roar that shook through the streets. He reared up, his hide sparking with electric light, exploding outwards as he slammed his hooves down. The street below cracked and the skies above shook.

As the two opposing weather forces collided an enormous clap of thunder crashed over the city. The stormy wind spawned by the dragon's wake was flushed to the sides by the Sky God's power, forced violently outwards. At a distance, it would look like the inky clouds parted in a perfect dome around the city. An eye of the storm, if you would. The winds instead tore up the burnt ashfields of the outer walls, the brunt of the force hitting any nearby Mollug forces rather than the helpless civilians of Castellan.

A moment later, the rains returned. The clouds still raged, lightning shining through their underbelly, but the worst of the dragon's rampage had been redirected. Wakinyan stood with his head lowered, his crimson eyes sparking.

Behind Kotori, Enzio was beaming in awe, "That was incredible!"

"Eh, that's pretty normal around here. Still think we're trying to destroy your city?" Susan chided blandly.

Kotori ran her fingers through Wakinyan's mane, the only one here who knew how strained he really was. This was her fault, but she didn't have the luxury to mourn this. The city was still in dire need of aid. She heard Charon's voice in her head and felt a surge of relief. 'That is good news Charon. Let this summoned know of our plight... and stay on your guard. These new summoned are dangerous. We will seek out the captain now.'

Carmen.

1604849422175.png

“The Musically Insane."

Post Number:

3#.

(The deal).

The ruined cathedral.

(Virtue's summoning location).

Character Interactions:

Zane, Caedmon, Ashe, Ivan, Aedehana.

Klicc Klicc Kaihaku Kaihaku Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture StaidFoal StaidFoal

Character Mentions:

Virtue, Zane, Caedmon, Gloop, Nemu, Clementine, Mother Voorjaar, Ashe, Ivan, Aedehana, Varium.

Incidental Theme:

N/A.

- - -

I waited for the cybernetic boy to respond, expecting him to either cower in fear at my confident display of aggression or (At the very least) apologize for trying to maim me.

Beside me stood Maxwell, who was pretending to not care about my involvement with the boy, though I knew deep down he was curious to see if I would act on my anger.

Unfortunately for the beast, even with my ever-increasing annoyance, by no means was I foolish enough to attack the humanoid in broad daylight with all the other Summoned around.

Instead, my goal was to intimidate the loathsome boy for meddling with my affairs, send a clear message of superiority, and hope that the automaton was smart enough to interpret my warning.

"I don't think he understands, sherlock."

I shot Maxwell an annoyed grin, but it was interrupted by the cybernetic boy calling me a "Safety Pillow" and pulling me down to his height to crush me in an affectionate death embrace.

...You MUST be kidding me.

First, this imbecile ruins my chance to talk with Virtue and almost kills me, and now they are hugging me of all people!

HUGGING ME!

Why does everyone assume they have the right to touch me?!

Despising unwarranted physical contact and not wanting the remainder of my bones to break, I began to scream French profanities at the boy and thrash about in an attempt to push myself away from the much stronger metallic fool.

"NOM DE DIEU! UNHAND ME THIS INSTANT YOU SALAUD! I DID NOT PERMIT YOU TO HUG ME! WHAT?! NO! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! TABARNAK! PUT ME DOWN, PUT ME DOWN!"

I pounded on the boy's metal back as he hoisted me into the air, crushing my ribs, mangling my wings, and cutting off my oxygen supply with the sudden action.

The familiar sound of laughter made me glare at Maxwell, who was too busy reveling in my despair to be useful.

"Gak! H-Help me, y-you good for nothing h-halfwit!"

When the dolt finally put me down, I backed up a good ten feet from the humanoid and hunched over, hoarsely coughing as I clutched my stomach and tried to draw in the air that my lungs desperately needed.

Dear God...

This boy was going to be the second death of me.

Once I was able to breathe again, I unfolded my crumpled blue wings and grimaced at the unsavory sight. Every time I moved, split feathers would flake down around me, and frail white bones were protruding out of the delicate appendages.

It was a miracle my wings were even still functioning.

"Hey, Safety Pillow. You might want to pay attention to what's in front of you."

Cradling the damaged appendages to my chest, I scowled at the putrid nickname, and I snapped my head toward the boy, shrinking back when the humanoid drew closer to me, spewing utter nonsense and gazing up at me in astonishment.

I heard Maxwell snicker, but I was less than pleased. How could one robotic peasant be so... dense and irritable?! It was almost as if the automaton was incapable of experiencing any negative emotion and retaliated with nothing but senseless happiness.

My suspicions were only confirmed when the hopeless boy ended his "Endearing" rant by inviting me to travel with him, seemingly ignoring my obvious disgust and irritation.

The very question made me burst into laughter, and I grinned at such an easy set up for failure.

Perhaps I could not make the humanoid fear me, but he must have been delusional to assume I would even consider traveling with him after he crossed me twice.

What a humorous joke!

It was truthfully a cute thought, but my patience was already wearing thin, and I was not masochistic enough to ally with someone so annoyingly incompetent.

Chuckling halfheartedly, I patted the boy's artificial head with a gloved hand, and I closed my eyes, fantasizing of all the different morbid ways I could crush the automaton's cheerful spirit and mutilate his slender purple body.

Sadly, that would have to wait for another time.

"Thank you for the generous offer, my overzealous cybernetic friend! Yes, what a truly generous offer indeed! However, I will have to decline since I would much rather spend the rest of my days freezing in the Ninth Circle of Hell!"

I pulled my hand away and swiftly turned on my heel, offering the boy one last side-glanced comment before I bid him adieu.

"Though I do wish you the best of luck with your travels, and if we unfortunately ever have to meet again, I hope that you will not be sitting on top of me next time, haha!"

With my final remark, I hurried away from the humanoid, hoping that I would never have to hear the words "Safety and pillow" combined in the same sentence ever again.

"You know, for the time you've been awake, you've done nothing but make an ass out of yourself."

I shifted my gaze over to Maxwell, who seemed bored despite all the surrounding chaos.

"Come again?"

There was a loud explosion that captured my attention, though I quickly became uninterested when the lone culprit began arguing with a horned female.

"I'm just saying, your introduction with Virtue was a bust, you've fallen unconscious twice in one day, and you look like someone who fell asleep inside of a strip club and was ravished by the sex workers. Oh, also, your head is still bleeding."

I cringed at Maxwell's oddly specific phrasing, but I proceeded to summon my red handkerchief and pressed the silky cloth against the back of my injured head.

"You should start making alliances soon. I know you want to go about things the usual fuck all Carmen way and toy with people's emotions, but you're in a completely different world with people who rival you in power. You can't go around killing everyone and expect to get away with your petty crimes like you always do. Intelligent or not, there are some pretty messed up people here who won't think twice about erasing you once they find out what you've done and what you still do."

Usually, I would disregard the beast's thick-witted comments with a wave of the hand since most of the things that came spewing out of his mouth were insults, but given the current circumstances, I found it hard to deny Maxwell's statement.

I had spent so much time living in the past that I never considered what would happen when the world continued to progress without me, and now that I was in a whole different world with clashing timelines, it seemed like my death was long overdue.

I needed to step up my game if I wanted to come out on top.

Searching the ruined cathedral for my black cane and top hat, I observed the other Summoned, looking for potential allies when I felt a sudden tingle on the palm of my left hand, and Virtue's soothing words echoed throughout my mind, spilling vague details of the old Summoned and informing me of the world's layout.

...Valucia. What a fascinating title. Although I did not know the meaning of the word, Valucia already sounded like a much more exquisite place than my old home-world, which was named after dirt.

Hmm... I wonder...

If Virtue was a Goddess, then perhaps she was the one who created and named this world?

I looked around for the deity to ask, but she was nowhere to be found. Considering that I never even got the chance to introduce myself, it was an honest shame that Virtue was already gone, but there was no use weeping over spilled milk.

Continuing the search for my lost items, I eventually found my cane lying next to two iconic witches and a floating man who was holding an icy gelatinous mass.

Not bothering to question the strange creature, I locked eyes with the emerald-eyed male, my cold red eyes searching the depths of the man's conflicted and battle-worn soul, but I hastily broke the eye contact when Maxwell appeared grinning in the reflection of his glasses.

Going about my way, I hoped that my top hat was not destroyed from the automaton collision or stolen by some hopeless lowlife. Even if I could afford to buy another one, I wore that top hat for decades, and things would not be the same without it.

As I searched for my missing hat, I tensed when the temperature began to drop rapidly, and a sudden snowstorm covered everyone inside the cathedral in a thin layer of snow.

Fils de pute!

Have I not been humiliated enough?!

Maxwell blankly watched as I frantically patted down my clothing and trembled from the unexpected cold. Even if the creature wanted to help, there was not much that he could do about my low immune system.

Thankfully, as soon as the blizzard came, it vanished along with the dragon who summoned it, and the surrounding temperature slowly returned to normal.

"Your shitty hat's over there."

Maxwell pointed to the outline of a hat-shaped object buried in the snow, and I found myself rushing over to the object, falling to my knees, and digging the item out of the ground.

Sure enough, the hidden object was my top hat, and I began dusting off the snow from the refined black felt before setting the hat back onto my head and straightening out the rest of my outfit.

While I was busy making myself look somewhat presentable again, Maxwell stared down an old man who muttered something to me as he walked by.

"Carmen, get up now. We have a problem."

I flinched under Maxwell's hardened gaze and serious tone. The beast only referred to me by my real name when there was something seriously wrong, so I knew not to question his motives and stood up, adjusting my black tie.

"What is it, my dear Maxwell?"

If Maxwell had a physical form, I was certain that he would be dragging me along at this point.

"Do you see that old man over there?"

I followed Maxwell's gaze to find the backside of a man with a long fur grey coat walking toward one of the old Summoned and the horned female from earlier.

"I think he saw me."

My blood ran cold, and I frowned immensely, immediately understanding the severity of the situation.

Very few people could sense Maxwell's presence and those that could usually end up being very powerful foes.

"Are you certain?"

Maxwell looked at me like I was troubled, but I needed to know for sure before jumping to conclusions.

"Did you not hear anything he said? Are you fucking deaf or just that retarded?"

Not wanting to further anger Maxwell, I decided to test the waters myself and stalked after the old man.

If he truly was capable of seeing Maxwell, it would be wise to befriend him for the time being.

"Don't fuck things up this time."

When I neared the trio, I caught the tail end of the old man's speech and used his words to assess the situation.

So, the horned female was looking for her daughter, and the old Summoned was a prime suspect caught up in one big misunderstanding.

Using the information that Virtue bestowed upon me and my own Soul Sight, I concluded that this "Gunman" was a rowdy character, and I took my place next to the horned woman, ready to defend her in case the old Summoned became trigger happy.

"Why, hello, hello, hello! Carmen, a pleasure to be meeting you three! Forgive me for intruding, but I happened to overhear your troubling conversation and thought that I might be of assistance!"

I turned to the horned women first and tipped my top hat at her politely, offering her my signature grin before doing the same with the old Summoned

"You are looking for your daughter, and you believe that this man has something to do with your child's whereabouts, correct?"

I gestured to the old Summoned, chuckling in amusement at his shocked expression.

"Well, I believe I have a solution!"

I whistled for Samuel, who flew down from a burnt tree and landed on my shoulder with a squawk.

"If you give me a general description of your daughter's appearance and present me with an item that still carries
her scent, I can send Samuel off to find her and have him report back to me without fail! In exchange for my services, you can pay me back by letting this here man live, and YOU can pay me back by not doing anything rash! It is a win-win live-live situation! What do you say, my high-strung Summoned companions? Do we have a deal?"

I darkly grinned at the old Summoned when I saw him reach for his weapon, ignoring the mechanical dragon that took to the skies and the approaching thunderstorm.

- - -

Last edited:
1604873470695.png
~Clementine~​
Clementine felt all the air inside her leave in one second. The smiling face of the girl who had died. The girl she had killed. Not only that, but she had no idea what Clementine had done to her. Guilt twisted in her gut painfully as her breathing picked up. She had to be dead. This had to be some sort of punishment for what she had done. "No..no this makes no sense." she croaked out hoarsely as tears threatened to spill over her eyes.

Her body shook as she tried to process everything. She began to back up, gripping her hair tightly when her shoe caught a rock, sending her falling onto her back. Just as she did that, the attacks aimed at her head flew right over her. She let out a gasp, jumping out of her guilt for a moment as she looked around wide-eyed. Her eyes filled up with tears again as she saw the familiar slime creature. The one she had a brief scuffle with before her blade slashed into his soft flesh. Before he became a puddle on the ground. How come the world was spinning?

Her breathing continued to go at a fast rate as she slumped over, no longer caring if more attacks were thrown at her. She deserved to be slain by the creature. After all, she had not only killed it but also its friend. And for what? She had clearly perished after and she had nothing to show for it. She felt no mana flowing in her veins. The reason she did what she did now pointless. How could she?
Juju Juju Kaihaku Kaihaku

=MEIRA AARLE=
Interactions: Kaihaku Kaihaku (Lukas) GrieveWriter GrieveWriter (Poma)
Mentions: Solirus Solirus (Jason; 1st explosion) Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim (Zasha; 2nd explosion)
Meira raised an eye as an obvious summoned had descended upon them. Like the Charon figure she saw after the first siege, it was a being built of smooth, shiny metal. Even with a friendly smile to greet, Meira had stepped in front of Lukas, putting her arm in front of him as if to protect the boy just seconds before Poma spoke. The doll sounded relieved to have come across someone native to Valucia, but why? Before she could even form the words in her mouth, it looked towards Lukas, greeting him as well. Her mouth hung open, more so in awe and surprise. "You're... a summoned?" she muttered to the boy... only to hear his shame-ridden voice and witness his guilty, sad smile. "Ah! Wait!" she shouted as he ran off. What was special about him that had the boy summoned here?

She wanted to run after Lukas after he disappeared down an alleyway, somewhere deeper in the ruined city. But she restrained herself. Any further away from the Royal Palace and the first ward, towards the new summoning area, was a bigger risk than any member of her organization could take. Sighing, she reluctantly turned her back on Lukas and to Poma with her usual, jovial smile. "If it's only the afterlife you need to know about, then there's no need to take this elsewhere." Meira scratched her head as she pondered, still keeping her distance from the summoned. "Mm, which religion? I know Nortestra believes in a simple Farra (Heaven) and Marde (Hell), where their destination depends on their sins and if they repent. Mollug performs some sort of reaping tradition for the dead where the souls empower those still alive. I think Xact—"

A burning flash of orange and yellow suddenly forced the beastwoman to shield her eyes. From the mushroom cloud of dust and smoke, a shock wave pushed Meira skidding on her feet.. Something had entirely eradicated an already razed block of the city just 20 or so meters away from Meira and those around her. The mass explosion was enough to wipe the merry attitude off her face. Then she had to shield her eyes again as another had resounded further away. They wiped out another block in the ruins of Castellan, and it didn't take a genius to figure that it had to do with the recent summoned. In only a matter of minutes, the battlefield looked as it had a week ago when the first Mollug force tore through; only this time, she was in the middle of it all.

One foot turned away from the chaos, and Meira broke into a full sprint back towards the safety behind the walls, wordlessly leaving Poma. Forget meeting the rest of the new summoned; survival took priority over everything.

Lukas Nephus
Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Cathedral neighborhood -> Destroyed Block
Interaction(s): Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim Mention(s) StaidFoal StaidFoal Juju Juju

Lukas walked down the alley with his head slumped and hands deep in his pockets. He was alone with his thoughts again. The young solider - Meira was her name - had called for him to wait. Wait for what? There was nothing for him here. There was nothing for him in this sad world. It was just a cruel cosmic joke. Why ha...

His thoughts are interrupted by a sonic boom that shatters the glass windows around him and bursts one of his eardrums. A rocket traveling at supersonic speeds impacts a millisecond later, incinerating an entire city block a few meters ahead of where he was walking. Lukas is thrown onto his back by the concussive force of the blast as debris rains down around him. He gags as something strikes him and his windpipe is suddenly obstructed. Lukas scrambles to grab at his throat as he hears a voice ringing in his head, "I've forgotten the way."

His hands latch onto the long splinter of smoldering wood that had lodged through his neck and he jerks it out with a pained gasp. Yet there's no sign of injury on his neck. The torn wood had cut deep into his hands but as he tosses it aside there's no sign of harm. Slowly sitting up, Lukas runs one hand through his hair as he stares at the inferno in front of him. He lets out a heavy breath, then remembers the voice he heard... Thought he heard? Imagined? "Mother?" Lukas whispers as he glances around. No answer. She never answered. He had to have imagined it. He had left her a world away in...

Lukas doesn't get further in his thoughts as he is thrown down to the street again as a great draconic form wreathed in storm clouds and lightning blasts over the neighborhood. He lays on the street staring up at the sky as storm clouds form above. He knew what was happening. This was a display of power. One of the others was exerting their dominance over this Kingdom. Damn them. The people who lived here were just tools to them. Chess pawns. To be used and discard. He exhaled. Why did this world need to be conquered? What had it done to deserve this? Did it matter? Maybe it had done nothing and this was just how it was. Lukas was no stranger to capricious deities. Cold rain begins to fall.

Then, as Lukas lays in the street watching, something strange happens. There's a second storm brewing in the midst of the first. It surges in power, a great thunderclap reverberating across the tormented Kingdom, and then the storm parts as clear skies appear for a moment. Then it begins to rain again. This time it's warmer.

IVAN FEDERICO

Ivan was startled by Aede’s approach, her hand grabbing his unsuspecting foot with alarming firmness, shooting up straight through the tiled floor. The moment the hand touched him, Ivan’s gun was pointed in it’s direction. It glowed with an ethereal light as it targeted the body underneath the cathedral. Why one of the Summoned had been summoned underneath the rest of them, was completely beyond him. Ivan knew SIN was a strange one but it still unnerved him to know there was a living creature buried alive on purpose by the crazy deity. Why she had chosen his foot to grab out of everything in the room, was also beyond him. As she pulled herself out of the ground, Ivan’s gun continued to track her.

As the woman pulled herself out of the ground, she began to act more than a little strangely. Suddenly she grabbed his shoulders, beginning to ramble uncontrollably, something about a “her.” Ivan almost shot her as she grabbed his shoulders, only holding himself back because she hadn't actually attacked him yet. Then she shoved her hand in Ivan’s face ranting about a scent on her palm that she had gotten off of him. Then suddenly she pulled Ivan close by the front of his jacket. A sword appeared in her other hand and within a moment, the blade was at Ivan’s throat. Ivan’s gun also happened to lodge itself in her gut at this very same moment. Staring the raving lunatic down with a poker face that would have made Patrik Antonius proud, Ivan didn't respond with words, letting actions do the job. He pulled the trigger on his rifle and sent Aedehana flying back into the opposite wall of the cathedral. It wasn't meant to kill, the blast was simply meant to get a little distance between the two, The Gun having been set to shockwave pattern 2.

Another man had approached, bearded and bearing himself with a regal posture, and had attempted to talk down the ramblin woman, and then another after that offering assistance in exchange for the woman putting down her blade. But Ivan had had no time for words to bring the situation down, he needed the blade away from his throat immediately. He shot her point blank in the stomach. Just the way to put something down, she wouldn't die but at least there'd be some distance between them if she attempted to attack Ivan again.

“Keep your fucking distance bitch.”

StaidFoal StaidFoal nighttimecatplayer nighttimecatplayer Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim

1604926206915.png
de Neve
(Mother Voorjaar)

Interactions: @ NPCs​

Deep in the second ward of Castellan, a wide eyed girl wandered along the crowded streets staring up at the tall buildings and flapping banners. She had left the cat behind after the faux dragon made it's pass over the city. She missed the old cat but it was time for big little people talk. It would be so much better if it was snowing. Beautiful little crystals covering this wartorn land and making it beautiful. Bury the ugly and preserve the beautiful. She smiled warmly at the thought and almost tripped over a cobblestone as she stepped into a crowd of people staring up at the sky fearfully.

She folds her hands behind her and leans forward to listen, an earnest expression as she tilts her head to follow who is talking. That faux dragon's debut had frightened them deeply. Poor dears. They had already been through so much - it didn't take much to see that their kingdom was on the verge of collapse. They probably would have greeted the faux dragon as a savior but that's not the game the others were playing.

"What the madre Mollug up to now?" One merchant grumbled, his weary voice torn between anger and grief.

Madre? The girl's brow wrinkled thoughtfully. What was that? Some kind of local profanity? Of course she'd never use such language. Goodness. That would be improper. But Zimneye would enjoy spicing her language up with it.

"It's...uh...just a dragon... I think." An older gentleman muttered, squinting up at the stormclouds and tapping his cane emphatically on the cobblestones, "Don't matter what it is. General Sulric will take care o' it just like the last one."

Sulric. Now that was an honorable name. Her eyes sparkled. Oh, she wanted to meet this local hero but it wouldn't be polite to hunt him down like she was someone of ill repute. She would need to be properly introduced.

"What if it's not Mollug... Damn. What if it's outsiders?" The artisan spits the word outsider as he grumbles, "Like that horse?"

"Oh! I heard some soldiers talking about that!" She interjects breathlessly, her eyes widening at the thought, "They said something about new summoned at the cathedral!"

At this, a chorus of profanity and exclamations of woe sweep across the crowd.

"Least Mollug would just enslave us!" The older gentleman wails as he drops his cane and clutches his face.

"No tellin' what outsiders will do." A middle age woman shouts in a panic. "Even attacked the princess!"

They attacked the princess? de Neve shakes her head disapprovingly, tsking at the thought of such imprudence.

"The soldier said something about a...uh...what was the word? Leech?" She frowns thoughtfully, as she teases out the word, "Lich! That was it. Lich!"

Another round of profanity ripples through the crowd. 'Not again' and 'why do the gods hate us' is heard more than once.

"I didn't hear much more than that." She says with an apologetic shrug of her shoulders, then adds after teasing out a few seconds, "There was something about a handsome older gentleman... Who, uh. What was it? Oh, something about controlling people?" She grimaces with a disturbed pout, "I mean, older gentlemen are adorable...but I wouldn't want to be one's flesh puppet." She gives the older gentlemen in the crowd a sympathetic look, mouthing 'sorry'.

"I would nev..." The older gentleman starts to protest but is cut off as the crowd breaks out again.

de Neve continues to listen the crowd for another moment, until the attention shifts away from her, then quietly slips away. That was such fun. Now where she should go next? The library? The orphanage? The marketplace? The palace. Oh, she did want to go to the palace but Dezgheţ would be the lucky one. The girl slipped into a privy with a sigh and shifted away.

1604939510145.png
Dezgheţ
(Mother Voorjaar)

Mention: StaidFoal StaidFoal (Frostfire)​

The tall pale woman who stepped out of the privy looked nothing like the girl who had entered it. She stood with perfect posture, her eyes cold and distant, as she drew the hood of her cloak over her head. It was still raining after all.

Now, little Nortestra, reveal your secrets to me. Beginning with how you 'quieted' Frostfire. Dezgheţ thinks evenly as she stares coldly at the palace towering in the distance. The thought of defending this little Kingdom from it's attackers had naturally occurred to her. She could have been their champion but the knowledge bestowed by Virtue alluded at another fate for those who underestimated this Kingdom.

She began to walk towards the center of the city, taking sideroads and back alleys to avoid unnecessary attention.

Last edited:
be85c17bd4a75673eeb13ceccf00126f.pngIce.png
Nemu & Ice Dragon GloopInteraction: Kaihaku Kaihaku seasonedcat seasonedcat nighttimecatplayer nighttimecatplayer

Gloop tilted its head when its attack suddenly stopped mid-air. It was confused, even more than whenever the strange crystal was pushed into its gelatinous mass. By now the slime's innards condensed around the small crystal, sugar sublimating around it until it formed a spiky core similar to rock-candy. The power from it made the slime swell, growing slightly yet permanently larger from this new magic source.

It began to wiggle happily, realizing that it was Caedmon who had stopped the attack. Blepping out its tongue, Gloop licked Caedmon's face. It had no collective thoughts, but it seemed to be happy. When Caedmon was ready, Gloop unleashed another icy attack at Clementine. Luckily the girl fell before it could hit her, the two attacks soaring over the girl and instead towards a winged man in a dapper suit.

Nemu turned around, snow falling off her hat from the movement, "Gloop! Now's not the time for playing catch!" Nemu scolded light-heatedly, her hands on her hips. "You gotta be careful, you know! You could have seriously hurt Clementine! Not everyone is squishy jelly!"

She leaned down and helped up the white-haired witch, "I'm so sorry about that! Gloop gets a little overzealous when playing. It's probably all the new power they're eating. Aww... it's like a Gloop mini dragon!"

Her smile faded when she noticed how pale Clementine had gotten. It was as if the girl had seen a ghost, "Clementine? Are you ok? Oh, I'm so sorry if Gloop scared you! They didn't mean it, they're actually really nice! Gloop was just trying to play!"

Gloop blobbed up and down, confused and unsure. It leapt away from Caedmon and flowed around Nemu's legs, engulfing the bottom half of her body protectively in the semi-transparent slime. Unfortunately, he was also super cold against her uncovered legs. Nemu gasped and shivered, pulling her jacket tighter around her. "G-gloop! Th-that's super c-cold! It's okay buddy, C-Clemintine is-is a friend!" she glanced at Clementine, speaking through chattering teeth "S-sorry, I don't kn-know what's g-gotten into them."

=THE AEDEHANA=
Interactions: Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture (Ivan) nighttimecatplayer nighttimecatplayer (Carmen) Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim (Ashe)
Mentions: None​

At Ashe's presence, Aede felt herself waver. Her grip on Ivan's shoulder became firmer, this time to balance herself. I... What... What am I... She kept her eyes and blade trained on the gunman, but heard the elderly man's words. The pain in her mind numbed somehow, and the tangled mess of thoughts and ideas was freed. "You... my skin..." she muttered; her first normal-toned words. Her body felt stiff, yet the joints flowed smoothly like a doll. But not another moment could she recollect herself, as a man in a bird mask also approached Aede. He claimed to have a solution through someone named Samuel, who could find her daughter. Daughter, she mouthed. Daughter...

It was then that Ivan had enough of being held with a sword to his throat and unleashed something that sent her vision spiraling through the clouds, the cathedral, and colorful summoned nearby. Snow? When did the weather change? Aede crashed into the floor with several loud cracks from her body. Tumbling through the white layer, she skidded to a stop, laying face-down in the snow. Her arms—bent in ways that arms shouldn't be—cracked and crunched as she rotated her shoulders, then her elbow. Aede slammed the snow with an already-broken fist, chipping off a few shards of whalebone and a whole nail. She rolled over, sobbing, then laughing. She threw clouds of snow into the air playfully. She cackled while making angels in the snow, then cried. Aede forced herself up, hunched over like a zombie as she looked back to the ground around Ivan.

Stubbing her hooves into rubble underneath the snow, chipping a piece of ivory off a stuck-up rock, she trudged back, laughing loud enough for everyone in the cathedral to hear. She pointed at Carmen as she shambled. "Ah, ça y est, Monsieur Birdie! Eureka! The payment you desire is of little value; for that I am grateful!" She threw her twisted arms into the air, tipping backwards and almost falling. "My daughter bore long, beautifully orange hair that glistened like the sun! Her clothes were hand-woven by me, enough for her to pass as nobility!" Aede fell forward, kicking against the cathedral floor. She bent her neck up at him. "As for her scent..." She looked at Ivan's foot. "It lingers on his ankle! Sniff it!" She audibly sniffed the air as if to demonstrate, then planting her face in the snow.

She rolled over on her back, having her head now bent away from the three because of her horns. "You! He who basks himself in woven substance of slain, furred creature!" With a few moments of struggle, Aede kicked her body forward, pinning her head upside down on top of her antlers. "Mind manipulator! Destroyer of protracted thoughts! Morpher of forever-linked ideas! I beseech of you to keep your tête de noeud away from myself! Such lengthy quests shall not be purged or delayed because of your petty interventions! Away with you! Walk you and your woven substance blanket off a cliff! Back!" As she continued yelled, a white eggshell of whalebone sprouted through the cathedral floor. It encased Aedehana until nobody could hear her obscenities. It capped itself at the top, standing at three meters tall.

Caedmon
Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Ruined Cathedral. Interaction(s): Juju Juju seasonedcat seasonedcat

“Oh good. A mission briefing. I wasn’t sure that I’d still get these with reality destroyed.” Caedmon says to his new sibling as he feels the familiar sensation of knowledge flooding into him. He nods to himself as he reviews the information, showing no response to the chamber suddenly erupting in a miniature blizzard or the dragon’s subsequent departure. His scowls deepens. He wasn’t impressed by the briefing. The mission perimeters were extremely vague. “Well, what did I expect? Reality has been destroyed.”

Caedmon offers no reaction to the mother's emergence or to the subsequent tension, instead focusing on his new sibling's dastardly enemy. She had cleverly collapsed to the floor and evaded their joint attack. He signals that he is ready to attack again but then his new sibling merges with its creator. Fascinating. He had never considered merging with his creator. What would the experience have been like?

His scowl lightens as he notices the birdman staring at him with cold red eyes. What did it want? To confirm that he'd received the mission briefing? He nodded slowly and showed the birdman the confirmation mark that he'd received.

1605009195224.png

Caedmon sensed that this confirmation was not what the birdman had been hoping for. What then? Perhaps he was looking for medical advice. The ESPer had sensed the nasty growth on the birdman's spirit.

“You should probably get that removed.” Caedmon advises seriously, deciding there was no sense in sugarcoating things, “It looks malignant.” He didn't think he could remove it without killing the birdman and it didn't seem like anyone else here could either. He thought back to the strange mission briefing. Perhaps one of those individuals could assist in surgery.

Last edited:
POMA
6b2563f6d5b635a505b647fc409fd8b9.jpg
Interactions/Mentions: Kaihaku Kaihaku StaidFoal StaidFoal
Poma's eyes brightened with enthusiasm as the native reacted with more than what she expected. She was so happy, that she completely glossed over the other Summoned's sudden flight from the interaction all together. The native was the priority here, and he seemed certain enough to run off on his own into a warzone. He was a summoned, so it wasn't like Poma could worry much about his safety. Pretty much every summoned she'd seen had displayed some kind of proficiency in something, and Virtue's descriptions of the old Summoned had solidified that no single one of them could be considered helpless, at least by Poma's standards. So once the Native returned to answering her questions, Poma floated down until only her feet rested upon the roof of the nearby building.

Luckily, the native was still all too eager to answer her question, and with it came the complexity the Poma figured she'd have to expect. Most different cultures or societies had differing beliefs of the afterlife. Given what she knew of the map so far, there were still plenty of people who wouldn't be covered even by an apparent soldier's knowledge of the world's customs. But for now, knowing about what deities the Nortestra knew of would be good enough. So she began nodding along, tapping a finger against the side of her head as she committed every tidbit to memory.

"Destinations representative of good and evil, higher beings representing the concepts." she listed off as the soldier spoke, brightening up when she heard her mention a different culture, "Reaping for empowerment? Quite cyclical in nature then-"

It was then that an explosion tore through the buildings beside them, sending her generous new acquaintance skidding away as the buildings near them were torn apart from the force. Even the one Poma stood upon crumpled, with her steadying herself in the air as she sighed. Still too close to the others, she really should've encouraged her new informant to move more. She silently reprimanded herself, imagining the discerning gaze of Administrator Assembly scolding her for leaving the new source of information at risk. That being said, where was her informant?

Poma looked in the direction the blast had sent her, spotting the beast girl a moment before another blast tore through the area beside them. This time Poma scoffed, at this rate she would lose far more sources of information than what was readily visible. Who knew just how many loose-lipped natives were getting decimated at that very moment. She didn't have long to lament the scenario, as she spotted her friend making a desperate attempt to escape to flee from the explosions. Poma casually flew overhead to keep track of her, and figured from the directions she was taking that she was making a break for a deeper section of city walls for protection. Poma was doubtful, having figured that a good portion of the Summoned could probably render walls like them asunder.

Then again, losing a source of information couldn't be good in any manner. Poma folded her arms as he flew, figuring that establishing a good repertoire now would go far in gaining the intel she needed for her operation. So she casually flew down until she was essentially just hovering above the fleeing woman.

"You know, asking for assistance is nothing to be ashamed of, Madam." she noted before casually swerving over and scooping Meira up into her arms before carrying her up over the rooftops "Noxco treats its allies as precious, and would be thankful for further assistance in our company's goals. As such, your untimely demise at the hand of spontaneous explosions would be far too inconvenient to allow."

With that said, Poma flew for the very walls the woman was aiming for, occasionally taking note of the violence rippling throughout the city.

The information from Charon was helpful and interesting, though there was a small interruption near the end of the conversation when the android suddenly reverted to his normal size and ended up sprawled over her lap for a few moments. As they extracted themselves from the ruined building Charon was able to finish recounting his account of events since arriving here. That, plus having a few minutes of relative quiet really helped Yunica calm down and start to think about what to do next. By the time they were free she had come to a decision.

“Charon, I think you should go back to this Kotori and avoid getting into any more trouble. I’m going to head towards where that missile landed and see if I can help anyone. Once I’m done with that I’ll try to find you.” The clone paused as she realized that she never introduced herself. “Oh, my name is Yunica! I, uh, was adopted into the Landale family.”

This gave Charon a short pause as the public records for the Landale family didn’t show any Yunica, but the last time he checked was some time ago, so if she was a recent adoption then it was possible. Ultimately he decided it wasn’t important right now as she was correct that he should get back to Kotori since them working together would make it easier to get away from the city. With a shrug at the princess’ introduction, he turned and started to quickly move towards the last known location of Kotori and Horny Horse. He didn’t see a point in saying anything back since she already knew his name and he really just wanted to get away from her since he couldn’t be held accountable for anything that happened if he wasn’t there in the first place. As he ran the android resumed the telepathic conversation with Kotori. ’Where are you at now? I’mma going to meet up with you. Yunica is heading to the area of an earlier explosion to look for survivors.’

While Yunica was a bit perplexed by Charon’s hasty departure for a moment, she turned her mind back to matters at hand. Glancing once at the conflicting storms in the sky and noting how the weather over the city itself seemed to be ‘calm’ for the moment, the clone set course for the area that had been hit by the missile. Reducing the Armor’s weight allowed for much higher speed than most would expect from such a large machine and as such it didn’t take long for her to arrive. The devastation she saw sickened her enough where the AA’s systems administered a small dose of medical nano-bots to fabricate medicine to keep her nausea under control.

As her stomach settled down she noticed a young boy nearby with a dog. If she had paid attention to the Armor’s sensor readings she would have realized that he was one of the Summoned from the cathedral, but she was far too absorbed with scanning the area for survivors to say anything more than a simple “You need to get to safety.” Picking up a possible life sign buried under a blasted building, Yunica set to work using the war machines incredible physical strength to move aside pieces of debris until she found the person, a female civilian judging by her clothing, torn, bloody, and charred as it was. The person’s body wasn’t in much better shape, this close the Armor’s sensors could detect broken ribs, possible organ damage, and numerous lacerations and light burns in addition to her being unconscious.

Reaching an arm out to the woman, she whispered a word, ”Medice”, causing powerful healing energies to leap from her hand and to the bombing victim. Within moments most of her injuries were gone, and what was left was mild enough where the computer systems in the Armor estimated a high survival rate even without additional treatment. Carefully moving her to an open area, Yunica then went to look for additional survivors. Her sensors however were picking up previous few signs of life, and she had no idea how many she’d actually be able to save.

Last edited:
Shufraken.pngLich.jpgZeshi.png
Ashe, Auron & Varium
Interactions: Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture nighttimecatplayer nighttimecatplayer
When Ashe saw the gun fire and the rambling woman fly across the cathedral, he cursed inside his head at the rashness of such an action. The old summoned had him and the birdman flanking the lunatic woman in an attempt to calm her down, yet he still chose to act with such a trigger happy attitude. The violence the other summoned caused have already given him enough a headache at their wanton chaos, but right now he needed to focus on this situation. As such, he disapprovingly looked at the old summoned's action, stepping back, his features twisted to condescension and disgust.

"It seems Virtue was correct in her evaluation of you Old Summoned," Ashe said, fixing his slightly ruffled brooch. "If this is how Castellan forces treat someone of ill mind and desperation, this country and its people are in woeful need of better diplomats to settle their conflicts." There was nothing short of disappointment and disdain in his voice as he turned his back on him, walking back to the Lich and Varium's new appearance, a younger looking female barely over 5'5. "You will find no ally in me when you've delved into such barbaric tactics; when words are overlooked in favor to a show of might and violence where none is needed."

He walked past the gentlemen with the crow mask, pausing momentarily to give him a few words to consider in a whisper. "Your kind actions are commendable, even if they were for-" his eye blazed a crimson red behind the golden monocle, almost peeling away the façade behind the mask "-less than moral actions. Your words have swayed the woman to your side, even if she does not find my gift of a clear mind appealing. These summoned have all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire, but that can't be said for you." Ashe began to walk again, his gait never faltering. "Consider my words an offer of cooperation, to you and your two compatriots."

Returning back to Auron and Varium, their mental channel opened up to his mind, where their thoughts were shielded from unwanted attention.

"The old king won't participate in their defense," Auron stated. There was no question, simply stating a fact of the matter. "A difference in methods and communications."

"First impressions are an important factor when dealing with negotiations. The crazed woman within that egg is simply too far gone in her obsession to truly appreciate what my gifts could do on the mists of her mind. But her existence is simply a convenience, if not for me, then for the man who attempted to help her find her daughter." Ashe replied with a sidelong glance at the aforementioned subject. "Our methods align enough that he would prove to be a fruitful ally, however temporary. We are at the precipice of battle, but I show no love for this burning ruin they consider a city, if their allied summoned are as rash that man."

"Then we shall find ourselves observing as well. Varium has reported that a retinue of soldiers are converging on this location, so I shall relocate first. She shall stay to halt any attacks, but I will look upon this city and choose my own course of action. Reconvene with me when you are ready." Auron turned around, feeling his magic reserves dwindle momentarily as a tear in reality opened a gateway onto the high walls of Castellan. He stepped through, considering other means of transportation now that his form of teleportation will be unusable till the next sunrise. Still, what few stragglers on top of the collapsed wall remained had their lives ended quickly and rose to be savage undead, tearing apart their companions with primal ferocity.

"Do forgive my master's attitudes on such matters." Varium bowed, the massive triple bladed war scythe she held gleaming menacingly. "He's very much a person that usually isn't one for cooperation, but he sees your wisdom to surpass his in these matters. I shall do my best to provide to any requests within my power."

Ashe nodded, taking both their words into consideration as he examined the remaining summoned. None stood out to him, nor were they truly worth his attention. Now was the simple matter of waiting for the crow masked man to either accept or deny. Either way, he would not remain when these knights enter this cathedral. He's quite had his fill of rash and meat headed responses to being thrust upon this chaos.

Last edited:
a0b8476e6e4ae16eb01805b033b5d5e1.jpg

Captain GreymourneInteraction: Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim YsFanatic YsFanatic | Mention: Juju Juju

The captain's eyes widened, glinting in the orange-glow of explosions. For a moment she lost her uptight demeanor, her lips parting slightly from shock and her face draining of color. This was the unholy power of the summoned. Reality was their plaything, and the lives of her people even more so.

She had only let her guard down for a moment, but the armored warrior was quick to take advantage of it. Greymourne felt the tug on her power, but she was too slow on the draw. She tugged against Charon, but in the end he was ripped from her grasp and taken away, though not entirely in one piece. "No! Dammit!"

She turned to face Zasha, parts of her flesh transformed into a shimmering metal, condensed mostly around her lower arms and legs. The hairs on the back of her neck stood on end, disgust shining through her features as the bunny girl caressed the gauntlet non-nonchalantly. Of course, she was right. Nortestra was on its knees, but having this summoned comment on it brought a sickness to her stomach.

Greymourne had half the mind to shove the girl to the ground, crushing her beneath cold steel. Her gauntlets opened, claws poised to sink into the bunny girl's flesh. Broken scraps of blade and metallic rubble rose from the ground, pointed ends angled inwards at the surrounded bunny girl. Yet in the end, the threats made the metal freeze in place.

"You summoned are all monsters. Just like the creature that brought you here" Greymourne sneered, her chest rising and falling from angry breaths. "It is true, you would do well with Mollug. They are nothing but rabid dogs, slavering over that which is not theirs to take. A Mollug warrior hasn't a speck of honor, but Nortestra remembers her enemies as well as her friends. After the battle is won, Princess Athena has promised a great reward for any summoned who defended the city. Lordship, lands, gold, whatever it is you summoned kill for. "

A crackle of lightning rumbled directly overhead as she said this, painting the two of them in fleeting light.

=TOBIAS AND MII=
1605075588805.png
Interactions: YsFanatic YsFanatic (Yunica)
Mentions: Kaihaku Kaihaku (Lukas) Juju Juju (GB)

"Day 7: It's already been a week since Nortestra turned their backs on us and imprisoned Kotori and the others. Food and water's been running low, mostly due to the sentient cleaning product that has grown attached to me. We may need to come out of hiding soon to rescue our friends from the rotten dungeons and take our revenge on Nortestra—when the opportunity arises, of course." End log. With a worn sigh, Tobias crossed his arms as he gazed around the basement. Though Mii mopped up the dust and ash in the basement, which they found mostly untouched underneath the ruins of its former house, the air was still stale and they were without light. Tobias' lanterns built into his suit only lasted so long during a week. His bare feet levitated above ground, drifting towards a wall. He ran a hand over his balding hair. "Really now... we help them win the siege, and we get this treatment. Just typical. Atrocious, the lot of them... Perhaps... Ah! Listen to this, Mii!"

The blue, transparent ball stopped bouncing, and Tobias felt her eyes on him. "Pukyuu?" The blob tilted itself.

Tobias reached for a yarn doll on the nearby shelf, left by the house's former inhabitants. "Perhaps we have been going at this the wrong way." With the click of a lighter, a tiny flame sprouted on the doll's leg. "Peaceful negotiations won't work; not against the fiery pit that is Nortestra." He looked at the slowly encroaching blaze, talking to it rather than the slime. "It is a fact that words cannot extinguish fires. Perhaps SIN knew this would happen once he summoned us here." He laid the doll in the palm of his hand, protected by the Gravity suit. He clenched the hand, squeezing the doll and the fire in a shaking fist. When he released, the fire disappeared, and the wrinkled doll was safe. "My goodness, it was a lesson! It must be that SIN is teaching us that the idealistic answers—peace, negotiations, and diplomacy—to these societal problems are not the true answers. Perhaps, what he wants us to learn in Valucia, is that the key solution to problems is—"

Tobias' gaze drifted upwards when something crashed into the lands above. It sent tremors into the basement and rained dust from the cracks in the ceiling. A crack split the roof, revealing sunlight to them for the first time in days, but abruptly blanketed by a mass cloud of smoke and ash. Tobias covered his face and felt Mii rope around his body. It's an attack! The damned Nortestrans found us! He sent himself drifting above, through the blinding mist and the sudden heat around the place. He burst above the thick haze, slowly opening his eyes to the new surroundings. "Show yourselves, blasted assailants!" he yelled out. Tobias rapidly glanced around, searching for the red and gold armor of their forces. But there was none, only the recent flames and further decimated ruins of the surrounding block.

"Pukyuu!" Mii uncurled around him, dropping to the floor below. She didn't know what just happened, but there came the smell of food! Delicious food! The slime found one underneath the charred ruins of wood and rubble. The explosion killed it, much to Mii's distaste; soot never mixed well with her food. Nevertheless, the blob grew and engulfed the corpse, steadily dissolving it.

Tobias descended as the cloud cleared up, seeing a few other survivors here and there. He glanced past a boy and a dog in the distance, but was drawn towards a more outlying person. His anger had dissipated quickly, leaving curiosity in its place. As he left Mii to do her own thing, he floated closer towards Yunica. "Sir? I'm going to assume there is a person in there..." He stretched a hand out to touch the suit of armor. "Steel? Korthos ore? Intudium? I've seen nothing like this before; did one of my fellow summoned create you?" His frown morphed into a childish excitement despite the nearby bombing survivors and their horrific wounds that he could clearly see and smell. "Joy, oh joy!" He floated in front of Yunica. "How much for your suit?"

=NAIA AARLE=
OUTSIDE THE PALACE; TRIBUTE TO FROSTFIRE

1605083535380.png
Interactions: None

Naiara bit into her 7th egg tart of the day. If her sister was here, she would have scolded and ordered the chefs to stop spoiling the 10-year-old. Then she'd have to wash her mouth to "stop the sugar from destroying her teeth." But Meira wasn't here! The princess ordered her outside, away from the Royal Palace, and she was free of her watchful eye! She wanted to thank Her Highness, but she was still shutting herself in the war room. At least she had free roam around the palace, where passing maids pat her head and spoiled her with many more treats, and guards restrained themselves from coddling her. Without her big sister, she had so much more freedom!

At least, that's what it was like initially. Many of the palace rooms became familiar quickly, and some more grandiose rooms were so massive and empty that it felt like a crime to fully enter them. Apparently, noble girls would play with dolls when bored, but Naia couldn't fathom what was so exciting about them. The maids' spoiling got old after the 5th time, and for some reason, the tarts tasted less sweet since her sister left. "Stay in the palace where it's safe," she said. And Naia listened. But it was tremendously boring.

Naia raced through the lavish halls of the palace, where rays of sun penetrated the stained glass' multitude of colors. If there was anything that always proved fun, it was spirit conjuration! She ecstatically burst into the palace's storage area to come faced with wooden shelves that towered over the child. She paused for a few seconds, intimidated by their size, but braved slowly through after taking a deep breath and holding it. To conjure one of her spirit friends, she needed to make a magic circle with... whatever the spirits liked more in the storage area.

The spirit density grew higher near the shelf with products from the Basin, from their shining, golden sand to crop seeds native to their lands. She doubted the spirits would like the seeds, so she reached for the sand, even standing on her toes... only to barely poke it. Naia frowned at the bag, puffing her cheeks. "Ms. Maid!" she yelled out, running through the labyrinth of shelves and out into the halls. It didn't take long for her to bump into one, almost toppling the tray she held. Before the maid could comprehend anything, Naia tugged at her skirt and pointed to the storage room. "Basin sand!"

The maid stood bewildered for some time, but soon pieced everything together. Though Naia tried pulling and dragging her over to the storage room, it was to no avail. The maid gave a solemn smile to the child. "I can't. Everything on that shelf is for Her Highness to use at her request..."

Naia stopped tugging. "Oh..." she muttered, drooping her face. "Okay... I'll go... play with sticks..."

The maid's heart pounded. "Actually, Her Highness may not mind if a little is missing..." Naia turned back with a bright smile plastered on her face. She was just about to run and jump at the maid and yell her energy away; not before she put a finger to her mouth. "This is between us, okay?"

She rapidly nodded. "I got it!" The maid smiled warmly. And sure enough, Naia soon held a small, brown pouch of the sand. She held it out proudly, sitting on her knees at the side of the hallway. The maid already left by the time she drizzled the sand in the shape of a rune. The magic circle spread on the marble and the red and yellow carpet. Once finished, she tied the sack up again and set to work.

"Anyways, it seems General Sulric and a bunch of the captains headed out for—Hey, isn't that the beastwoman's little sis?"

The words either flew right over Naia's head, or she flat out ignored the passing patrol. The circle of sand glowed a blinding yellow, like a spot of pure sunlight. It grew, then dulled. Above the circle was a small, golden bird spirit. "Maize!" she squealed with delight upon recognizing it. The spirit flew in small circles in the air, leaving a trail of sparkles that dissipated within a second. It then flew down the hallway, opposite to the guards. Naia sat up and playfully gave chase, though kicking through the sand circle further into the carpet.

The knights ran over to the scene, kneeling down at the streak in the carpet. The two rested their faces into their hands. "Alright, who gave her sand?" one of them asked to nobody in particular, indignant. Meanwhile, some distance behind them, the maid snuck away from the scene of the crime.

Naia's chase led her throughout much of the palace's lower floors. She descended flights of stairs, ran through kitchens and unused bedrooms, and soon enough, out from the Royal Palace itself. Maize abruptly stopped as they drew further from the palace. The beastwoman was only now starting to breathe heavier. "Maize... wait... up..." While catching her breath, Naia finally looked around where the spirit had stopped. It was near the boundary where the public could not enter the grounds near the Royal Palace.

Naia found herself before a towering copper statue. Flowers, candles, and more trinkets lay at the base. She recognized the construct as the Frostfire Princess, poised on the pedestal and striking a pose alike to the fables of Frostfre made long before her summon to Valucia. Her Highness ordered the most skilled of artisans to construct it a few days after the fateful night, and they perfectly preserved Felicia's most striking traits in the effigy. Naia put space between herself and the statue out of both fear and respect. Meira would read stories of this very legend years ago until Naia fell asleep.

Naia sat in front of the statue with the bird spirit perching beside her. Meira said that she made a reappearance recently in Castellan, but had to leave because of strenuous circumstances related to Mollug. She recalled some officials in the castle saying similar things about Frostfire and Mollug assassins, so it had to be true! Meira told her she was still alive, but that everyone was pretending she was dead in order to fool Mollug. A brilliant plan that only Frostfire would think of! Naia thought, looking up at the imposing figure.

She bit into another egg tart she smuggled from the Royal Palace.

Dezgheţ
(Mother Voorjaar)

Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Outside of Royal Palace. Tribute to Frostfire.
Interact: StaidFoal StaidFoal (Naia)​

The tall pale woman stood outside the Royal Palace on public ground. It was true. The monarchy had erected a Tribute to Frostfire. Even in this copper facsimile, it was clear that Frostfire was a noblewoman of some magical talent. Dezgheţ walked slowly around the tribute several times, studying it carefully from from all angles, with a blank expression. The attention to detail was more than impressive, it was noteworthy. Her eyes narrow almost imperceivably as she stares up at the face frozen in copper.

She takes a step closer and looks at the offerings left on the pedestal. There's a wide assortment of flowers, candles, and trinkets. It seemed that Frostfire had been well loved by the populace despite being summoned by SIN. That was interesting. Her eyes flit to one of the trinkets, a crude painting of Frostfire - purple hair, one eye of fire, one eye of ice. It would seem that her nomer was apt.

Dezgheţ calmly looks around the circle, there was no one here at the moment so she could cast a spell to... No wait. There was someone here. Her distant eyes settle on a girl eating an egg tart. There was some kind of mystical bird spirit perched beside her. The girl looked clean and well cared for, but slightly disheveled as if she had.... Had she stolen that egg tart? That was just like something little... Little... No, that wasn't right. Dezgheţ was a champion of the cause. She devoted her life to it unconditionally. The first to battle, the last to rest. She never had a family, never had children. Dezgheţ had never felt the love of a mother towards her child.

A single tear ran from Dezgheţ's eye, freezing on her cheek.

1605086117940.png

Dezgheţ reached up to her cheek and took the frozen tear between her fingers. She looked at it blankly. Voorjaar had perfected this persona over centuries. It had fooled powerful psychics. Misled empaths. Deceived Circles of Truth. Caused the downfall of worlds. Now the mere sight of a child was causing her to struggle to stay in persona. She exhaled a cold white breath. The plan had been to be together forever. One family watching over frozen creation. Now she would never see any of them again. All because of her mistake.

Voorjaar slid a hand into a pocket, really the folds of her polymorphed form, and dug her claws into her hide. She doesn't flinch as she pulls free one of her scales but keeps it hidden in the palm of her hand for now.

"What kind of bird is that? A phoenix?" The woman asks as she takes a few steps closer to the young mage. After a brief glance at the mystical bird spirit, she turns her eyes back up at the statue, "If it is, you should ask it to bring Frostfire back to life." Her brow frowns ever so slightly, "Today, Castellan needs a champion like her.... It's not just Mollug. There are new summoned at the cathedral and they are...very dangerous."

"That storm was made by one of them, a clockwork dragon. It would be wise of you to tell your family. Hopefully there's somewhere safe for you to seek shelter."
Dezgheţ continues, a faint frosting of concern in her voice. Her dull eyes study the copper statue another moment, then she turns to look at the young beastwoman, "Are you a mage in training? Here, you can have this. It's an ice dragon scale. I tore it off the creature myself, believe it or not." She unfolds her hand and offers the scale to the little mage, "It's a useful spell regent but I don't need it."

1605096997713.png

Whether or not the little mage accepts the gift, Dezgheţ soon looks beyond her to the Royal Palace. When she speaks it sounds like she's talking to herself but there's a cold intensity to her words, "So that's where Frostfire was quieted."

Last edited:
Carmen.

1605180166670.png

“The Musically Insane."

Post Number:

4#.

(The egg).

The ruined cathedral.

(Virtue's summoning location).

Character Interactions:

Ashe, Ivan, Aedehana.

Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture

Character Mentions:

Ashe, Ivan, Aedehana, Varium, Auron.

Incidental Theme:

N/A.

- - -

My right eye twitched when the old Summoned proceeded to attack the horned woman despite my warnings, and I was unable to defend her from the sudden shockwave that sent her crashing to the snow-covered cathedral floor.

"Well, at least the bag of bones had something to break her fall."

I tsked at Maxwell's insensitive comment and glared at the old Summoned, the annoyance and disdain evident in my tense posture and forced grin.

Regarding the events that transpired upon my awakening, I should have been grateful that I was not the one blasted into oblivion, but I still did not take kindly to being ignored, especially given that I provided both Summoned a reasonable and non-violent ultimatum to settle their differences.

Still, already recognizing the old Summoned's irrational and arrogant nature, I was not surprised when the gunman chose unnecessary aggression over peaceful resolution.

Shaking my head in disappointment, I left the old man to vigorously scold the old Summoned and made my way over to the horned female, gazing down at her frail mangled body with conflicting emotions.

On the one hand, seeing a mutilated body that wasn't my own made a satisfying pit of fiery warmth grow in my stomach, but on the other hand, I felt sympathy for the poor lost mother after already being injured twice myself.

What a shame that most of the Summoned were either rash, delusional, annoying, or utterly insane.

Crouching down, I offered a hand to the horned female, not expecting her to overlook my helpful gesture and instead erupt into chaotic sobs and deranged laughter.

I stood and awkwardly watched the horned woman flail and thrash about on the ground as she described her daughter's appearance and ordered me to sniff the old Summoned's ankle.

Gagging at the very thought, I shared a disgusted and confused look with Maxwell, who reciprocated similar feelings.

Eventually, the horned woman ended her disturbed rant by spitting obscenities at the old man and encasing herself in a protective shell that resembled... an egg?

I silently stared at the ovular white mass that laid before my feet, unsure of how to respond to such a display of raw insanity when Maxwell read my mind and declared the obvious.

"Why do you always befriend the fucking crazies, people who want to stab you in the back, the downright stupid, or a combination of all three?"

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my beak, knowing that because I was a man of my word, I would now have to keep my promise to someone who would most likely drive me up the wall.

And for what?

All because I wanted to speak to one Summoned who might have potentially seen Maxwell?

What an absolu-

I was drawn out of my thoughts when the old man suddenly complimented me for attempting to defuse the conflict with the gunman and offered for me and my two "Compatriots" to join him before walking off.

Narrowing my eyes in suspicion, I watched the old man occasionally glance in my direction as he conversed with another horned individual and a small female with a scythe.

There was always the possibility that the old man was referring to Samuel and the horned woman as my two allies, but there was also the probability that Maxwell was correct, and the Summoned knew something more than he let on.

Knowing that there was only one way to find out, I strolled over to the old man and bowed politely before enthusiastically offering him a gloved hand to shake, noting how both Maxwell and Samuel were intently staring at him.

"I must say what an amusing performance! You certainly gave that old Summoned a firm talking to, but given his crude actions, you were only stating the truth, haha!"

Now that I was not being distracted by the other Summoned, I used this opportunity to observe the old man, taking note of his formal wear, refined dialect, glowing monocle, and matured but knowledgeable and authoritative cryptic soul.

Was there still hope? Had I finally found another intelligent Summoned who I could converse with?

"In regards to your enticing invitation to collaborate, I would be charmed to accept! In these troubling times, we like-minded individuals must stick together and rally people to our cause. I was going to watch the siege from one of the Castellan walls if you would care to join me, though I do ask that you give me a few minutes to tend to some unfinished business before we make our departure."

I beamed at the Summoned's response, a wave of malice and pride washing over me.

I truly did not expect to persuade the old man so easily, but now that I had him as a formidable ally, I could work toward deceiving the other Summoned and disposing of them when I grew tired.

What an exhilarating game would this be!

Nodding to the old man, I excused myself from our conversation and directed my attention back toward the pitiful excuse of a Summoned who was still on the defensive.

While I could not immediately do away with the gunman, I could certainly have some fun with him and make him rue committing such rash and indecorous actions.

Focusing on the old Summoned's rifle, a black mist enveloped my right hand and blacked out my eyes, and I raised my hand into the air and balled the limb into a fist, using my powers to pry the weapon out of the Summoned's hands and drag it toward me.

When the weapon came skidding to my feet, I kicked the gun away and diverted my energy to the Summoned, who was fortunately still standing near the ruined cathedral walls.

Perfect.

Approaching the old Summoned with a gleeful smirk, I uncurled my fist and forced the gunman up against a wall, the black mist fastening him into place so he could not reach for his rifle.

I laughed and watched with delight as the old Summoned struggled to break free from my grasp to no avail.

Oh, how quickly the tables turn.

"You seem to be in quite the bind, my quick-tempered companion! I would consider trying to have a civil conversation with you, but you would not even give me the time of day!"

I will admit that the temptation to crush the old Summoned was strong, but I ignored the twisted urge for now and kneeled on one knee, letting Samuel crawl down my arm to latch onto the gunman's ankle and dig his sharp talons into the Summoned's flesh.

Once Samuel collected the scent of the horned woman's daughter, he shrieked at the old Summoned and hopped back onto my shoulder, ruffling his black feathers.

I ran my free hand down Samuel's soft nape, and I praised the bird for a job well done before I turned back to the old Summoned and eyed his now bleeding leg wound.

I knew that it was only a matter of time before the gunman fell ill with Samuel's enhanced version of the bird flu, but the Summoned's well-being was not of my concern. I only used my powers to subdue the old Summoned because I had already established that it was not in his nature to talk things through, and I needed my fulfill my promise to the horned woman.

If the old Summoned died in the process, then so be it. I would not mind killing two cats with one stone, though I would regret not being able to witness the Summoned's suffering firsthand.

"I wonder if your excessively large rifle is to make up for your lack of intellect? Perhaps if you were not so quick to think with your weapon, you would have more allies than enemies."

I cocked my head to the side and leaned toward the old Summoned with a much more sinister grin, the beak of my mask brushing up against the gunman's nose from our closeness.

"𝕐𝕠𝕦𝕣 𝕡𝕠𝕠𝕣 𝕞𝕒𝕟𝕟𝕖𝕣𝕚𝕤𝕞𝕤, 𝕒𝕣𝕣𝕠𝕘𝕒𝕟𝕥 𝕟𝕒𝕥𝕦𝕣𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕣𝕒𝕤𝕙 𝕕𝕖𝕔𝕚𝕤𝕚𝕠𝕟 𝕞𝕒𝕜𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕙𝕒𝕤 𝕗𝕒𝕚𝕝𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕚𝕞𝕡𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕤 𝕞𝕖. ℂ𝕠𝕟𝕤𝕚𝕕𝕖𝕣 𝕪𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕤𝕖𝕝𝕗 𝕝𝕦𝕔𝕜𝕪 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕀 𝕧𝕒𝕝𝕦𝕖 𝕞𝕪 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕥𝕪 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕟 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕧𝕒𝕝𝕦𝕖 𝕙𝕠𝕤𝕡𝕚𝕥𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕥𝕪, 𝕠𝕣 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕨𝕠𝕦𝕝𝕕 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕓𝕖 𝕒𝕝𝕚𝕧𝕖 𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥 𝕟𝕠𝕨. 𝔻𝕠 𝕟𝕠𝕥 𝕔𝕣𝕠𝕤𝕤 𝕞𝕖 𝕒𝕘𝕒𝕚𝕟, 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕝𝕖𝕒𝕣𝕟 𝕥𝕠 𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥𝕖𝕟 𝕦𝕡 𝕒 𝕝𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕝𝕖."

I patted the old Summoned on his shoulder and raised my hand, the gunman's body following my movements as I forced him to the other side of the cathedral.

Once I was certain that the old Summoned was a far enough distance, I released my hold on the gunman and flashed him one last warning grin before I let his body crumple to the snow-covered floor.

Now all that was left was for me to do was figure out what I was going to do with the horned woman and her egg capsule.

Making my way over to the white mass, I stared down at the foreign object and rubbed my chin in thought.

While I did not look forward to working with the deranged female, I knew that I could not leave the Summoned here if I wanted to inform her of Samuel's progress.

"You know she speaks French, right?"

Maxwell's words made me think back to the woman's delirious speech, and I realized that she did indeed speak the wondrous Romance language.

...She spoke French!

SHE SPOKE FRENCH!

Finally, after so many years, I could once again converse with someone in my native tongue!

I must have been too stunned by the horned woman's strange behavior to notice before, but now that I was aware, an overwhelming amount of joy took hold of me, and my eyes shone with childlike wonder.

"The old man's staring, idiot."

I immediately came down from my state of euphoria and coughed from embarrassment as I tugged on the end of my shirt collar.

Right, I should focus on the task at hand.

I tried to lift the egg using my powers, but the mass was much heavier than it looked, and I did not want to throw out my back.

I contemplated breaking the egg, but what if destroying the capsule was detrimental to the woman inside of it?

With the little information I had, perhaps it was better to see how the egg would first respond to outside interactions.

With an awkward chuckle, I gently knocked on the surface of the egg, unsure of what to say.

"Uh...hello? Darling,? Are you all right in there?"

As expected, there was no response, and I was left feeling even more confused and lost than before.

What was I supposed to do now?

- - -

Last edited:
Ivan Federico

Ivan gasped for breath right after shooting the woman, panting and drawing in rapid breaths as he dealt with the situation at hand. The woman’s blade had drawn blood from his neck and he brought a hand away from the cut with blood. There were others in the cathedral but they hadn't come to his assistance and seemed to be doing their own things. SIN these Summoned were disorganized, it was like the first summoning all over again, except in an even worse locale. Ivan grimaced and looked around, noting the looks of shock on the other two men’s faces. It was strange, they looked like they had seen guns before. It was as if they were shocked because he had shot the woman, rather than try and talk her down with a blade at his throat. The one with a wispy angular beard seemed displeased with Ivan, the one with the bird mask too.

The one with the beard departed, and Ivan was left alone with the bird looking man. Then suddenly the masked man lifted his hand and using some sort of force power, ripped the rifle right out of Ivan’s grasp, the holster belt catching on Ivan’s body and then snapping. Ivan was pulled with the gun almost stumbling off balance. He realized the man was trying to disarm him, not that that was ever really possible with Ivan. Ivan summoned another gun, smaller this time and leveled it at Carmen, prepared to fill the fucker with lead. Suddenly the masked man’s grasp tightened, this time around Ivan and Ivan was thrown back, slamming into the cathedral walls with a pained gasp. The force of the slam sent all of Ivan’s lung air out into the world and he nearly fainted. He retained consciousness however, staring with furious eyes at Carmen. His anger would have burned the sun in those moments, and only grew as the bird man spoke to him.

For fucking defending himself he had been slammed against a wall. This guy was definitely going on Ivan’s shitlist. Ivan struggled against the force and summoned an uzi in his right restrained hand, firing it wildly off into the cathedral ceiling, hoping someone, anyone would come to his help. The crazy fucker walked closer to Ivan babbling in a crazed manner like he was some sort of higher being. Ivan hated those types, so arrogant and above it all. The psycho then slowly got down on a knee in front of Ivan, and the ugly parasitic bird of his crawled down his shoulder before harshly sticking his claws into Ivan’s flesh, the fresh ankle wound gushed blood and it ran down over Ivan’s boots. Then after a little more monologuing, the creep dropped Ivan and walked over to the very nearby egg to examine it.

The absolute idiot had not killed Ivan! Ivan’s face twisted into a smile as he slowly got off of his chest and onto his knees. For whatever reason the fool had not finished the job! The well dressed psychopath was analyzing the egg and appeared to be knocking on it. Ivan got up to his full height and as the bird masked man fussed over the egg, the gunslinger slowly made his way over to Carmen. Summoning an energy revolver in his right hand, Ivan leveled the gun at Carmen’s back, which was turned away from him. Ivan then proceeded to pull the trigger. The blast echoed through the cathedral as the round tore through Carmen right past the egg. The masked man grunted as the shot sizzled right through him. He crumpled, bouncing off the egg on his way down to the floor.

Ivan chuckled and said with a sneer “Now why the fuck would you have started a fight you couldn't finish?” Ivan shot him again through the stomach for good measure. “Fancy types like you think they know fucking everything. Instead of monologuing next time, you should just fucking kill me.” Ivan then used his mark of SIN to send a message to Kotori and the others saying "Kotori, be careful here, the summoned are not all friendly. One of them attacked me inside, but ive managed to take him down, hes got a huge bird aesthetic, mask, wings everything. Really weird lookin fella if you ask me, hella megalomaniac. Anyways, dont trust him, he talks a lot so you might wanna be wary of that. Ive got him right now luckily."

Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim nighttimecatplayer nighttimecatplayer Kaihaku Kaihaku Juju Juju

Last edited:
Shufraken.pngZeshi.png
Ashe & Varium
Interactions: nighttimecatplayer nighttimecatplayer Snackofthefuture Snackofthefuture Mentions: StaidFoal StaidFoal @ everyone in the cathedral
Varium burst into movement, the air vibrating as she closed the distance between her and Ivan. When she saw the muzzle flash, she broke the sound barrier in an instant, already flipping over her quarry, her scythe hooking on the gunman's hood and flipping him over her head and throwing him back to the same wall. Three magic cores flared within and her speed and strength increased further, breaking rubble and atmosphere from the power surge. A single step crushed the floor into a massive crater of spiderweb cracks as she propelled herself at her recently thrown target and embedded one of the blades deep into the wall, trapping his neck between the blade and shaft. With natural elegance and grace, she sat at the end of her weapon's handle, crossing her legs with a wink and smile. It seems to hold her weight fairly well.

"Dear me, it seems my reactions have dulled as of recently," Varium commented on the side. "Though it seems they were simply correct in their assessment on your state of mind, Mr. old summoned. Oh, and don't bother trying to do anything rash again this time." The girl gave a kind and understanding smile, contrary to the weapon she leveled near his throat. "By the time you even think of doing anything, I'll have probably taken your head already. And I'd rather not have to pursue such a course without explicit orders from my master, so please do be content with my form of retaliation. I do apologize about your wounded pride, truly. However, as a warrior myself, I prefer to go for the front rather than doing something underhanded as shooting an enemy from the back. Consider my assessment of you to mirror theirs."

Ashe rolled his eyes at both summoneds' actions. Carmen for failing to realize that further taunting an already panicked target meant that they were most likely to retaliate, like a cornered rat. It didn't help with the exertion of power either. And for Ivan for proving his words correct, that the man was simply brash and thought with his weapon than with his head. He opted to retaliate and prove a useless point instead of tending to his injuries. They simply fell prey to each other's actions because of their lack of forward thinking. No, the young crow simply fell to the taste of glowering over an opponent susceptible to his powers than take a note of the situation at hand. Something that many in his previous employ have felt after their new positions. It wasn't a sight he particularly enjoyed, rather he often considered such acts as a reason to move those further from true positions of power. To accept something as transient as the feeling of superiority over a small mass when clearly there were higher goals to obtain meant that they were narrow minded, unable to see the larger picture. Though in the case of this young Carmen, he lacks the experience to completely assess the situation and people's emotions. No, that was learned through repeated exposure of people and dialogue; a constant fuel of vocabulary and jabs that are meant to cut away the very being of a person. The crow masked man wasn't a mature soul, nor was he experienced in the art of complete manipulation on the emotional and social aspects of speaking. A diamond in the rough so to speak. And while his opinion has diminished of him, the logic behind his actions weren't for naught, though it could clearly have been executed better.

As he walked over and placed his hand over the man's shoulder, he sighed as he used another Guard Mark on him. A powerful ability, yet completely subtle in its nature. The ability heal wounds at a rapid rate in exchange for taking damage meant for him was a treasured ability, if not for its limited number of hosts and short duration. He placed the mark, a small symbol similar to his cyan brooch on top of the man's left hand, and felt the injuries within Carmen heal quickly, as if none had plagued him at all. None were lethal, but to simply waste a mark for such injuries should clue in the young man of his desire to keep him as an ally. If not, well, he may simply content himself with the gift of healing for the day and the benefits it gives to his endurance and physique.

"A diamond in the rough," Ashe said as he lifted his hand from Carmen's shoulder. "To berate the opposition of their actions is to show them that they have the capacity to improve, but to simply waste the exertion of power to show superiority on a foe with a mind such as his-" he glanced towards Ivan, held at blade point "-was unnecessary. Temper your expectations and your actions in the future Carmen, lest you end up with injuries that far surpass what you can handle."

And with that he walked off towards the mech Zasha left for him to use. Their presence here had already caused too much attention and he wasn't keen on having to deal with mindless rabble. On his way, he stopped and glanced behind him at Ivan. "Has your pride truly been wounded by the act of speaking? To find the act of dialogue to be contemptable is to disregard what makes us better than animals, and to find offense in the way we deliver words shows the difference of our positions and status. How regrettable to think that this is what Castellan has to offer in their ranks. Not calm minded leaders or collected captains to speak with new summoned, but a brash youngling like you, who knows little in the art of speech and diplomacy. Such a waste."

He shook his head and moved towards the mech, watching it open up to let him enter. How peculiar. The automatons in his home world pale in comparison to this monstrosity of advancement, but he cared little to appreciate till later on. For now, they must make an exit from this chaos or be held accountable for their actions and disposed of, if the leaders of Castellan were anything like he'd seen today.

"Varium."

"Of course," she replied, giving her imprisoned hostage one last wink before dislodging the scythe blade from the wall. bowing to the man and crossing the entire cathedral in a single back flip. All of her cores flared within and she hefted Aedehana's egg with one hand. "I shall see you at the designated meeting point then, Ashe. Do come in one piece, lest my master grumbles about using his precious mana. A good day to all of you as well, my fellow summoned." A soft laugh escaped her smile before she leapt from the cathedral, lifting debris and turning her launch point into a small concave crater.

As he sat on the snug cockpit of Zasha's 10ft mech, he caught the last pieces of Carmen's apparent gloating and performance before he walked over with a grin, gradually fading into a silhouette and amalgamation of a wispy shadow, slipping into his as the mech closed its hatch. He felt the chill of his presence crawl into his spine, but other than that, did not care. He gave the rest of the summoned some parting words before it completely enveloped him.

"May we all see each other again, if not in better terms, then in the battlefield where we may settle our differences. I bid you all a fruitful day."

The mech's thrusters glowed a deep blue then hot white as it rose off the ground, hovering briefly, then disappearing into the sky as the air cracked from the broken sound barrier.

Yunica was incredibly puzzled as to what this man was doing instead of helping the nearby victims and reflexively shied away from the stranger’s touch, and then took another step back when he asked about the Armor’s cost. “What is wrong with you? There are injured people in need of help here!” The disbelief was rather evident in her voice. Belatedly she realized from the limited information Virtue had given out that this was most likely one of the Summoned SIN had brought in, but that wasn’t important.

Turning her back on the floating man, the clone went to go help the next closest person. “If you are not going to help, then get out of here.” She paused for a moment, then offered a warning to the Summoned. “And don’t go towards the cathedral, a lot of Summoned have appeared there and they were essentially told that pretty much all of the ones brought here by SIN were bad for the world and need to be gotten rid of.”

Jason

Current appearence:
1605210806065.png

With nowhere really to go, I decided to follow the dog, the dog was excited and quite energetic, he was holding the handkerchief with his mouth… And in an instant the dog seemingly disappeared with sheer speed… that’s a fast dog… At that same moment I feel it’s getting colder, I hear explosions and I even see the clouds shift… again it happens… more explosions and now it’s raining, it’s surprisingly warm…

I hear metal footsteps coming to my location… must be soldiers, I should probably hide… maybe try to follow the footsteps of the dog as well… it could be leading me to a trap… well I don’t have much else to do…

I quickly and silently moved away from the main road… the soldiers might have come around here to check on the damage that flower did… I’ll need to read what I wrote… could be useful… I made my way through rubble and more dead bodies, this was clearly not a happy day and judging by the soldiers, it seems they’re the ones defending from a ruthless invader… not sure though.

Eventually I made it to an alleyway… I looked around and saw the dog… he seemed to be running around a boy who was simply laying down… was he dead? I walked up closer hiding my footsteps in the rain… no… I think I saw a glance of him with the other summoned… he must be special in some sense… I’ll keep my distance… As I thought that the dog dropped the handkerchief on the kids face and wagged his tail barking a bit and moving around further, either seeming like he wanted to play or he wanted pats…

“He kid, is this your dog?” I finally asked to reveal my presence to the kid. I probably should’ve been more cautious, but I just wanted to know, I followed the dog so I at least wanted to know something about it. Maybe the dog was the reason the kid was summoned… but I didn’t see any dog nearby him… maybe he wasn’t summoned? “Also did an entity named Virtue summon you?” I asked again.

Interactions:
Juju Juju (GB) Kaihaku Kaihaku (Lukas)

Caedmon

Sick. The sad little bird was very sick. Caedmon shakes his head, his scowl deepening, as his medical advice seems to go unheard. Did birds have bad hearing or was it distracted? Well, it was only natural for a bird to gravitate towards an egg. That was natural, right? There was something like that. Caedmon tried to remember what birds had done before the war killed them all off. He hadn't had many interactions with birds but he was certain that there was something about them and eggs. He decides to ask his new sibling when it's unmerges with its creator. Gloop was much wiser about the ways of the world than Caedmon. The ESPer knew only war.

The thought distracts Caedmon for a moment, then realizes with a start that the bird was boarding the mecha and making a tactical retreat. That wouldn't do. The bird needed to know that it's condition was serious and that it needed surgery. With that thought, Caedmon collapses to the ground in a heap.

Astral Form
(Caedmon)

Location: Castellan, Nortestra. Ruined Cathedral -> Skies above Castellan -> Disappears
Interaction(s): seasonedcat seasonedcat Pseudo-nim Pseudo-nim

A tiny wisp of psychic energy flicks into existence above Caedmon and then expands in a flash into a vaguely humanoid form. The astral projection bears no weapons, this time, but the energy is shaped to include an elaborate pair of glasses and an epic flowy cape.

AstralForm.png

It blinks into the sky after the departing mech - moving with impossible speed yet not displacing a single drop of rain. Spinning around the mech, the astral projection channels it's power and unleashes a powerful telepathic shout at Carmen, “It's malignant. Get it removed."

There. Satisfied that the bird had finally received his medical advice, the astral projection immediately stops in midair - in complete disregard of the momentum conservation principle - and begins to casually look around the city from this new vantagepoint in the sky. Oh. There was a group of people coming to the mission injection point where he had left his body.

Oh no. Caedmon realizes with growing horror that he left his body unguarded...with the enemy. The enemy. She had cleverly avoided his attack by collapsing and could be doing something equally dastardly right now. The astral projection blinks out of existence.

Last edited:
Lukas Nephus
Interaction(s): StaidFoal StaidFoal Juju Juju Solirus Solirus YsFanatic YsFanatic

Laying flat on the cobblestones, letting the rain come down on him, Lukas was surrounded by the half charred rubble of the incinerated neighborhood. He turns weary eyes to the man who had approached him. The dog? Fido was back. Is that why the tears wouldn't come. Had that dog done something to him? He closes his eyes and takes a breath, then gets to his feet.

"That dog was summoned by SIN. It's the beaming ball of white." Lukas answers quietly, brushing his hands clean against his trousers. All around him was the half burnt debris of people's homes and livelihoods, blown apart by another one of the summoned. Lukas considered feigning ignorance but he didn't like to deceive others. In a normal situation he kept things private by just not answering but that would have been just as much an admission here. Besides, surely, the man asked because he recognized Lukas from the cathedral. Turning to the man, Lukas holds out his palm - revealing the mark of Virtue, "Yes. I was summoned by VIRTUE with you."

"I think that robot over there was too..."
He points down the street towards the large metal figure. His eyes waver as he realizes that the metal figure is pulling people from the rubble. There were still people out here? He thought this neighborhood had been evacuated but it made sense that some people were still holed up here. It made sense to shelter in hiding and hope to escape when the enemy lines advanced to the next wall. Lukas is suddenly aware that his hands are shaking. Why? Why was his breath coming in short gasps? His mouth was dry. Was this a panic attack or...something else?

Lukas looks back at the man with renewed suspicion, "I'm Lukas." Had the man done something to him? But how could that be? Was it the dog? His eyes flit to the dog, "Who are you?"

His thoughts was interrupted as a female voice cries out from the robot, “What is wrong with you? There are injured people in need of help here!”

Spinning around, Lukas sees that the robot is talking to another figure - a man in some kind of battle suit - but the words pierce him to the core. What was wrong with him? He had been laying in the rain feeling sorry for himself while people were in trouble nearby. "Come on. Let's go help them." Lukas says to the man, turning away and running across the debris field to the robot. He tripped a few times over the rubble but managed to make it without falling. He asks, out of breath, "What can we do?" Lukas doesn't notice that his hands have stopped shaking.

Last edited:
=NAIA AARLE=
OUTSIDE THE PALACE; TRIBUTE TO FROSTFIRE

Interactions: Kaihaku Kaihaku (Voorjaar)

After stuffing the whole tart in her mouth, Naia caught the question of a nearby woman. From her seat on the floor, the stranger was a tower of elegance, briefly making the girl to pause her chewing. "He's not a phoenix, he's just a bird... thing... spirit!" She didn't know what it was exactly, just that it was friendly and that she could conjure it. Naia rose as the woman continued, blasting the girl with an array of information and statements. "Not even my teacher can summon a phoenix. But even if he was a phoenix, he couldn't revive her—" Naia clasped her hands around her face as she comprehended Dezgheţ's last few sentences. "New summoned?! And they're... not nice?" She pouted up at her. "How could you know? I'll wait to hear what my sister has to say! She went out there, so I'll know when she comes back!" Whatever the woman said next about the brief storm and safety went in one ear and out the other.

Naia's upset frown dissipated in seconds when the woman revealed the shiny blue scale of an ice dragon. Gawking at the scale, her hands shook, hesitantly taking it from Dezgheţ. "N-Not even my... I-I thought..." Her eyes sparkled at the very sight of it, followed by Naia's ecstatic squeals as she abruptly dashed around in circles, blocking out the woman's words as she looked towards the palace. She stuffed the scale in her pocket before darting straight into Dezgheţ's waist with enough force to at least stumble the woman. "I love you, Meira!" Not a second later, Naia recoiled from the woman, cheeks red with embarrassment. "Ah? I-I mean Missus... I-It's usually my big sis who gives me presents, so I just..."

Naia shook her head, avoiding eye contact with her. "A-Anyways, I should get back to the palace, or the guards, and everyone might worry..." With that, Naia paused. She put her hands on her hips, smirking proudly. "Because, you see, my sister is the princess' top advisor! She's super duper important, and I am related to her!" Naia peeked out with one eye to see how the woman reacted to her "impressive" family relations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back