• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
coollogo_com-17957658.png
6d51befb056348510301207b988528ac.gifLocation: Christopher's Room - Her room
Interaction: Misty Gray Misty Gray (Christopher)
Mentioned: N/A
"You're welcome." There was no point in her responding to anything else he had said. His words didn't change her mind, she knew he was not a man, to tell the truth immediately. That much was clear from the little time she had spent with him. She lingered at the desk, her eyes drifting around his room, the finally fell on him again when he asked if she could find her way around the castle on her own. "Yes, I can, thank you. I was put in a room not too far from the statue down the hall." Elvira was not a woman who made a habit of overstaying her welcome, her figure hiding to the door of his room, she stopped, once again turning to look at him. "You do have people on your side, no matter your actions." The woman curtsied again, her eyes meeting his as she straightened up. "Buenas Noches, Christopher. Duerma bien." With that, Elvira turned and left his room, shutting the door behind her.

She took her time walking back, making sure that every little detail was burned into her memory, the door to her room was upon her sooner than she wanted. Elvira had a million things she wanted to do, but she was limited by her knowledge of the castle and the amount of light left. So instead of wandering off and giving into curiosity, Elvira slipped into her room. The soft smell of rose filled the room, the quiet voices of maids, splashing water. The woman sighed softly, walking further into her room, she spotted two maids prepping her a bath, something she hadn't asked for yet, but she had been planning on it. Upon noticing her, one of the maids approached with a smile, not bothering to curtsy as Elvira told them many times it wasn't necessary with her.

"Your bath will be ready very shortly ma'am. Sophia said you liked the rose petals, is that alright?"

Elvira nodded, smiling as she sat down at her vanity, bringing the process of removing her jewelry, she couldn't help but notice the maid staring. The smile on her face widened, turning around with the necklace she just took off. "Would you like to try it on?" The maid seemed almost scared at the very suggestion.

"I-I couldn't possibly! I'm just a humble servant!" The poor girl was stammering as Elvira stood, gently taking the girl's arm and sitting her down, Elvira held the necklace up and fastened it around the girl's neck. She seemed in awe, out slightly ajar, her fingers touching the gem like she was scared to break it. "It's...it's too beautiful for someone like me..."

"Nonsense, you're absolutely lovely!" Elvira left the girl have a few more moments before she removed the necklace. "How about we make a deal? So long as I am in here if you ask you may try something of mine on." The maid didn't seem to be able to find the words, simply nodding as she stood. The other maid still fixing the bath called for her, and Elvira was left alone to undress. She hung her dress up, switching to a robe she brought from Spain, Elvira moved to her easel.

It was facing the balcony, she was working on a landscape painting. Why she could see from inside the windows. A sweeping scene of the far-away lights in the hills, to the closer lights of the city, dark blue and black paint swirled together for a night sky. Beside it lay other works in progress or disregarded paintings Elvira had yet to makeover. She didn't dare touch the paints, not in the fine silk she was wearing now, she simply looked over her work. Elvira had to wonder how her work would be judged by others. The maids always seemed impressed, and while they were always kind, it was also a part of their jobs. Elvira found herself lost in thought, her mind drifting to the Malaga coast. How was her family? Did they miss her? It had only been a week, but she had been on a ship for longer. A soft voice brought her mind back to England.

The maids had her bath ready, and as per usual, they began to prep her room for afterward while she slipped behind a room divider. The robe dropped, Elvira combing through her hair as she sank into warm water...the maids put so much work into this, Elvira would feel wrong if she didn't relax. And for the first time in a week, she was going to try.

Anne-of-Cleves black .jpgClara had bowed her head to the King upon his response. It was clear what his intentions were, no more drama, and if that meant keeping Anelissa in her room through the use of Clara and her damaged dress, so be it. The walk back to their rooms had been uneventful and Clara and Anelissa had said very little to each other upon the journey. Clara assumed the princess was still very much reeling from today's events and was trying to understand everything that had been said. In the biggest regard, Anelissa had very much been fighting a one-man battle, with very little support from any of her siblings and arguably Clara as well. But this was how it had to be. Clara could support Anelissa in little things, like wearing black and getting her out of a disastrous meal. But outward defiance to the king. This was something Clara simply couldn’t afford. She already had enough troubles with her marriage situation that supporting Anelissa in this revolution she seemed determined for, would be the final push in Clara never having a stable foothold in the royal family.

Although maybe this was what Clara wanted. Her father would likely never speak to her again or think up some other awful way of punishing her. But fighting back against the king might be the only way to get out of the unhappy and loveless relationship she was soon to be bound to. There was the small chance she might end up swinging by her neck, but Clara did hope that the King might have some mercy with regards to his youngest daughters’ friends. Was it a risk Clara was willing to make though, that she hadn't quite decided.

Clara was taken out of her thoughts by Anelissa commenting on her dress. To be honest she had almost completely forgotten about the spillage and wasn’t that concerned with the damage it had caused. Patting it down slightly Clara looked back up at Anelissa “There’s really no need, I appreciate the sentiment, but I have enough dresses as is and this one can be cleaned rather easily” Clara smiled but hesitated to speak again. What she wanted to say she wasn’t sure if Anelissa was ready to hear yet. But it needed to be said. It was perhaps time for some tough love. “As I am sure you are aware however, what cannot be so easily rectified was what happened in the dining room. You seem to be making more enemies than friends and I don’t want you feeling so isolated?” Clara stopped mid stride and took Anelissa’s hands in her own. “You know I support you but I can’t see what such explosive behaviours will achieve?”

MinTea MinTea

3fc370081fade027718d8b55e1610ff9.jpg
Interaction: (Clara) Songbird500 Songbird500
Mentioned: (Elvira) FireMaiden FireMaiden
(Christopher) Misty Gray Misty Gray

Anelissa eagerly listened to Clara, curious on what she would have to say on the situation. She heavily valued her friends opinion on matters such as these. It was always esteemed advice. Clara had always been that supportive friend, she knew where to draw a line however. It was one of her many redeeming qualities, it would help her find a comfortable place in England and within her marriage. Not only that, but the French friend was the reason why Anelissa hadn't gone completely bonkers; the third princess probably would've been locked up in Bedlam if it wasn't for her. The whole Margaret situation left her in a state, it was only Clara who could talk her out of her downward spiral.

Isolation. That is what she feared for Anelissa. The princess understood why. Loneliness can feel like a permanent knife to the heart. Especially so after such traumatic events. "I really don't want you to worry about me, I have survived with this family for sixteen years!" Anelissa attempted to ease Clara, "I know what I can get away with and what I cannot, I just slightly overstepped the boundary today. That is all." The girl sighed. Upon the mention of her explosive behaviours, her mind rested on the dinner. She could've handled it with more integrity, but upon the heat of the moment it just weighed down on her soul. "You are right you know, I do need to sort these behavioral issues out..."

Just like that, a seed was planted. Did Elvira not mention how Anelissa should be more ladylike at dinner? Why not try to use this for her advantage; if she were crafty enough, maybe she could persuade Elvira to help in her teachings. If a friendship blossomed between them, Anelissa could use this to her advantage massively. Elvira could be shown the true England. With the Spaniard potentially seeing the how the people are treated here, this could be a major stepping stone in Anelissas' final plan. Christopher would lose the support of Elvira, which means although the country may have an alliance with Spain, it would be fragile with them if he dared carry on his normal routine.

6d51befb056348510301207b988528ac.gifLocation: Her room
Interaction: Open (Kind of)
Mentioned: Misty Gray Misty Gray (Christopher)
The water was warm, soothing actually. Though not as warm as Elvira normally liked, it was a wonderful change from the England temperatures. And that chill that seemed to constantly hang around the castle halls. The chill that radiated off the stone, the kind she never felt back home in Spain...the woman sighed deeply. She missed her home, her family. The drama related to her mother, her siblings, it was nothing compared to this. A vacation. But her family was certainly different, they were expressive. Their issues were often solved quickly thanks to this, but they also had the luxury to not have the eye of the entire known world. Elvira knew she had struck a chord with Christopher, whether it be a nerve or something productive remained to be seen. She hoped for productive, for the sake of their future together. She knew he wasn't thrilled about it, but Elvira had a duty. She had to at least try and make the best of it, even if Christopher was determined to keep her at arm's length.

Sinking deeper into thought, Elvira would be ripped violently from her daydreams and plans when she heard her bedroom door open. The sound of her maids talking to someone...no, two people. Elvira shifted in the bath when she heard heavy boots step closer to the curtain that gave her privacy, her maids protesting...followed by a sharp muffled scream. Elvira felt her heart freeze, watching the silhouettes of two men attack her maids. Those poor girls didn't stand a chance. Elvira moved as gently as she could, sinking down into the bath to try and hide her form. A tray clattered to the floor, the struggled grunts of one of them was followed by the unmistakable sound of a blade meeting flesh, the maids seemed to stop making any noise. The men's voices followed, the curtain shuffling as it was pushed to the side. "Lady Tavares, we know you are there. Please, come out of the tub, we don't want to drag you out." There was an unmistakable heavy French accent, a fact that for some reason, didn't surprise her.

But the woman didn't move, holding her breath. Whoever they were, her not popping up to meet them didn't help. She heard their footsteps get closer before stopping again. "We would like to give you a chance to protect your dignity. That robe is yours, isn't it? Fucking Spaniards and their silk...we will drag you out naked if you don't put it on yourself." That persuaded her, Elvira shifted, pushing herself up until she was standing. At least these two had the decency to avert their eyes. Elvira's hand closed around the soft custom made robe, a gift from her sister, slipping it on as she stepped out. "Do you know why we're here?"

"To take my life I presume."

"And yet you aren't begging for us to spare it..." There was no point in begging was there? The two men before her had a plan, a goal they needed to achieve, and she was obviously meant to send a message. What that message was, Elvira didn't know. She remained still, stuck in place as they approached, the one on her left grabbing her arm, the other blowing out the candles beside the tub, Elvira was dragged back into the main room. The sickly sweet scent of copper hit her nose, her feet touching something slick on the floor, the woman once again freezing. The candles had been blown out in her room, the curtains drawn over the large window to the balcony. It was dark but she could still make out the bodies laying on the floor. Her arm was yanked, Elvira forced to take a few steps forward i to the room when her foot slipped. She fell, the man letting go of her arm with a curse. This was a blessing in disguise.

"Get up!"

"I will fall again, give me a moment." Elvira remained in her spot, hand moving along the edge of her bed, her fingers touching what she was looking for just when a fist balled in her hair. The angry man dragged her away from the bed, blood smearing on her robe, on her hand, she turned when she got close plunging a knife into the unprotected back of his knee. These men were trained, his scream of pain muffled so that no unwanted attention would be drawn from outside of the room, Elvira tore it along his knee before she pulled the blade out of his body, naturally wiping the metal off. She scrambled back, the other man now advancing towards her, Elvira managed to push herself to her feet, slipping just under his arms as she bolted for the door, something grabbed the back of her robe, yanking her down.

She hit the floor hard, the air being knocked out of her lungs, not being able to breathe wasn't her biggest worry. Her only defense, that blade, was knocked out of her hand, sliding just out of reach. A knee was pressed against her leg, a fist met her leg, and a hand pinned her hands above her head so she couldn't fight back, the man reached for the knife. Once it was in his hand, he found her side, no vital organs would have been hit...but it hurt like hell when that dagger pierced her flesh, the woman unable to contain a yell as she tried kicking him. Elvira squirmed, trying to wiggle away, to get to the door when hands closed around her throat. Immediately she coughed, her now free hands scratching at her Frenchman's face, he only applied more pressure. She didn't hand much time, her nails digging into his throat, one of his releasing her just long enough to swat her hand away. But it gave her enough time to do what was needed.

"GUARDS!"

Last edited:
Wesley Lancaster

Untitled.pngAfter his conversation with the Queen, Wesley proceeded to returning to his duties for the remainder of what had already been a long shift. He walked the hallways with two of his guards at his side as he began running them through the plans he was implementing for the upcoming ball. He wanted to make sure every one of his men knew their place and roles during the event. As they walked, the sound of a woman shouting for guards could be heard and this immediately put Wesley on high alert. Recognising Elvira's voice, he rushed towards her sleeping quarters. With his pistol in his hand and his sword within easy reach, he pushed open the door and immediately set his sights on the scene not far ahead of him.

His eyes jumped to the man standing nearby, apparently hobbling from his injured knee. He raised his pistol and fired a bullet into the man's other knee, motioning for one of the guards to rush over to restrain and arrest the man. "GUARDS!" his voice boomed down the corridors. If the sound of gunfire hadn't been enough to gain his staffs attention, his commanding voice be. Wesley then focused on the man who was pinning Elvira down. The Head of Security slammed the bottom of his boot hard against the side of the man's skull to stun him into losing any grip he still had on Elivira. Another kick into the attacker's rib-cage followed before Wesley advanced on him and dragged the man by the hair away from Elivra. The second of his guards moved in to shield Elvira from any crossfire.

Wesley forced the Frenchman to his feet, gripping tightly onto his hair to give him leverage, then he plunged a heavy fist into the man's sternum to wind him. Using both hands, he grabbed the attacker by the collar and slammed him hard against the wall. He drew his sword from it's holster and swing it towards the man, stopping just before the blade could cut into the skin of his throat. "Stand down," he advised him. As further guards rushed onto the scene, Wesley maintained his position but commanded his staff to arrest the two men. Only when the guards had the criminals in their grip did he pull his sword away and hook it back at his hip.

Wesley turned to Elvira and approached the woman, crouching down to check her other. "Please accept my apologies for having to witness that." He glanced down to her side to see the blood that showed through her robe. "Get the doctor!" he called out an order to the remaining guard. "Are you hurt anywhere else?" he calmly asked her. He had a lot of questions for her, but making sure her wounds were tended to would come first. His eyes briefly returned to the bodies of the murdered maids and he let out a deep sigh, but he knew he would need to postpone his own grief until he was in private.

FireMaiden FireMaiden (Elvira)

6d51befb056348510301207b988528ac.gifLocation: Her room
The world was going dark. Head spinning, gasoline for any air she could get, Elvira tried her best to reach out for the knife still in her side, but each time the assassin only pushed harder. She was convinced she was going to die, already saying a silent prayer...the sound of a boot colliding with her attacker's face almost sounded like God intervening. She would admit, religion was not something she took seriously very often, but like most when faced with death, you hope there's something better. As soon as the weight was kicked off her, Elvira scrambled backward, dagger slipping out of her side. Her back hit the small table beside her bed, the woman greedily gasping for air, coughing violently. While she couldn't see past the guards who put themselves between her and the rest of the room, she could certainly hear the struggle. The woman, in spite of the pain shooting through her side and the fact her lines hadn't readjusted to the air just yet, stood.

Her body held a slight shake, her eyes focusing on the guards, Elvira's attention was taken by Wesley. At first, he would be met with a string of incoherent Spanish that nobody would truly understand. Elvira didn't even know what she was saying, tongue-tied as her eyes kept darting from the man to the bodies of the maids...those poor girls. Elvira was panicked, but after being attacked, who wouldn't? She was supposed to be safe here, out of the reach of these types of events. The woman had blood on her hands, in her hair, her robe. Her relaxing night had certainly been ended. Finally, she balled her first, focusing on the dull pain as she took a deep, uneven breath. "G-gracias, Wesley...you-you saved my life." The panic was still evident in her voice, her hands shaking slightly. "I-I do not think I'm injured anywhere else, I do believe my throat will bruise, however."

Her eyes fluttered over to the maids, her face dropping to sorrow. They were innocent, caught in the middle of who knows what...she looked back to Wesley. "They will be buried, right? Properly, no...no shallow hole business?" Elvira didn't know how these people truly treated their servants, but he might understand. Maybe not her concern, Elvira had stood up for Christopher at dinner. There was no way Wesley didn't hear her. Her attention was then caught by more movement at her door, the doctor appearing beside a guard and another maid. The maid quickly grabbed a nightgown and other things from her wardrobe, while the doctor waited patiently for Elvira to join him. It was a good thing he had an infirmary since the woman needed a different place to sleep for the night. She moved to leave before she stopped once more her attention on Wesley. "I do believe I owe you. Thank you, again, I...I can't say it enough times to truly show my gratitude." She gave him a soft smile, turning away to leave before she once again looked at the bodies. Elvira could only hope her room was clean the next time she visited. And that those poor girls got the respect they deserved.

Chapter 2: The Ball
Chapter 2: The Ball
~~ The Royal Ballroom ~~
~~ Late Afternoon ~~
~~ 3 days later ~~

The morning had been spent putting the final touches into making sure the large ballroom and banquet hall was fully decorated and perfectly presentable for when the main festivities began inside the palace. Not only was the event an annual affair to boost morale, but the occasion would be used to mark both Genevieve's departure to her fiance's manor in Somerset and to welcome Merliva's fiance, Lucian Clifford, to the palace. Any guests arriving had been directed to the beautiful gardens where the summer sun complimented the day. A stage had been erected in the garden so a play about the King could be acted out - a very complimenting and idealistic play, some might say. The likes of Christopher would have scoffed at the whole thing, knowing the King was far from the saint people believed him to be.

As the afternoon went on, everyone was led into the large and elegant room where the main festivities were to be held into the night. On the stage, the musicians played in order to entertain the guests and royals already present until the King and Queen would finally make their grand entrance. Security throughout the palace was significantly increased, should anyone be in attendance with ill intentions. Following the attack on Elvira, it had become a very real possibility.​

Christopher Ravenswood

1578945056812.pngChristopher's day had been spent patrolling the palace grounds with two of his guards close behind him. He'd been ordered by his father not to dismiss them today, given there would be a lot of visitors to the palace and therefore security was to be heightened. The Prince had stopped upon the play taking place in the garden and stood shocked at how the people swallowed everything they were told. Their good, gracious and merciful king. Such fools to believe such lies.

Christopher had managed to avoid his family for most of the day, taking some of the fruit from the garden party as his lunch. Besides, he was far too busy to be sitting around the table with his family at that point. So, he was anticipating a frosty atmosphere where some of them were concerned. He wasn't going to let them dwell on it, though, so would shoot them down the moment they attempted to criticise him.

The Prince finished greeting the guests that mattered and ended his duties in the afternoon so he could get dressed for the evening's festivities. His parents had requested he didn't wear black for the party, to distance himself from the 'Dark Prince' name he'd been given and frankly due to his father's ongoing irritation towards Anelissa's protest. Dark purple was a lighter colour than black, so he begrudgingly agreed to it and dressed in the clothes that had set out ready for him.

Once ready to attend the ball, Christopher straightened himself out and concealed his two daggers, before heading out of his chamber. His first point of call was Elvira's room. He stopped outside her door and knocked loudly to get her attention. It would look best if they both entered the party together and would give the King one less detail to criticise. With his father's demands and the duties leading up to the festivities, Christopher hadn't had any opportunity to speak with Elvira in private. He'd found it most concerning that she had been attacked within the palace walls. The fact the two Frenchmen had been able to get to her had left a sour taste all round and many questions as to why they'd wished to get to her. Admittedly, Christopher had also been worried about his fiancee upon hearing she'd been injured, but he masked it well from those around him. He hoped the evening would give him opportunity to talk privately with Elvira.

Interaction: FireMaiden FireMaiden (Elvira)

King Robert Ravenswood and Wesley Lancaster

1578945071036.pngIn the days since the attack on Elvira, Wesley's time had been split between interrogating the two prisoners and arranging the security for the ball. It had taken some time and a lot of patience to drag information out of the two Frenchmen. He eventually learned through their slip-ups that they'd attacked Elvira due to her family's trading company. Other than that, the two men had been very tight-lipped as two who their employer was and the motive behind the attack. From Elvira, Wesley received an account of the attack and the moments leading up to it. She'd also told him both of her siblings were involved with French nobles and her attackers made it clear she was being used to send a message. It was clear there was still a lot to uncover and the Head of Security anticipated a headache in the days and weeks to come. The King wasn't one to hold back on his methods of interrogation, nor was he conservative with capital punishment. The King also wasn't known for his sympathy for the servants, which was why Wesley had yet to receive confirmation of how the murdered maid's would be buried. If he couldn't catch Robert in a pleasant mood then he was tempted to try appealing to Arielle's kind nature.

As Wesley accompanied Robert down the hallway, they continued to speak in lowered voices about the whole affair. "Where the French are involved, I'm inclined to exercise caution. Granted, this took place in your home and your kingdom, but this still needs to be approached sensitively. Relations with France remain fragile and how you decide to deal with those two men could affect that. You must also take Clara into consideration." The man gazed towards the floor as he anticipated Robert's response. Whilst he would sacrifice his own life for the King, it didn't mean he agreed with the man's methods and he certainly didn't like the man's brutal ways. He'd taken an oath to serve and protect his king, though he was mostly compelled to do so for the sake of the Queen and her children.

1573994988343-png.647691
"France is a persistent nuisance to my country and I don't doubt they would fall should we go to war. Considering the attack was on Elvira, I expect Spain will not take kindly towards France for this either. I understand your concern, Wesley, but given the existing tensions with France and our strengthening allegiance with Spain, it may be unavoidable." The King chose not to comment on Clara's place amongst it all and instead made a swift change of subject. "For now, we must focus on the evening's festivities." He stopped outside the door of his sleeping quarters, with Wesley stopping a short distance behind. "I will see if Arielle is ready to attend to the ballroom and you will accompany us there. Let's not discuss politics any longer."

Wesley simply nodded his head, having spent enough time discussing matters with Robert for one day. When the King disappeared into his room, Wesley remained by the outside of the room door and stood up straight as he waited for Robert and Arielle to emerge from the room. He was by now used to maintaining a neutral expression and keeping hidden his feelings towards the Queen, but it was never easy observing the King's lack of appreciation for the woman.

Inside the room, Robert approached his wife and sent her a friendly smile. "Are you ready to accompany me to the ball, Ma'am?" he asked her, flashing a crooked smile. "I mean, you look well presented to me, so I can only hope I look good enough to walk by your side." Despite the recent dramas, Robert was unusually complimentary towards his wife, though one could suggest he was already getting into character for his public appearance.

Interaction: Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Arielle)

Lucian Clifford

1578945091438.pngAs he stood close to the large doorway of the ball room, Lucian couldn't help but marvel at the spectacular architecture and the art that made the large room so mesmerising. The floral arrangements and the lavish red tablecloths complemented the decor of the room. Considering he was in the home of the King and Queen of England, he'd expected no less, yet he was still amazed by it all. The wine glass held idly in his hand seemed to become a part of the decorations as the young man felt a rare lack of confidence in himself. This was all quite overwhelming and he was yet to meet any of the royal family face-to-face. He was yet to meet his future wife, Merliva. Whilst his father was beaming with confidence and lapping up his invitation to the festivities and enjoying socialising with existing acquaintances, Lucian felt quite out of place.

"I must seek out Lord Calvert and share recent events with the man," Sir Edgar told his son. He looked the young man over and shook his head with disapproval. "Stand tall and look confident, will you? The King is a difficult man to please and I won't have you making a bad impression. Don't disappointment me, Lucian," the judge told his son.

Lucian watched his father walk away. Bringing the drinking vessel to his lips, he took the slowest of sips from it as his eyes scanned the room around him. Despite everything he'd bee taught, he found himself quite stunned as the rules of etiquette seemed to muddle in his head. Was he permitted to greet those around him? Should he wait to be addressed? Would his father be back in time to introduce him to the royal family when they all arrived?

Lucian's attention diverted to the nearby servant who was struggling to reach an empty glass that had been carelessly dumped on a high shelf. He wasn't sure if he was meant to assist the servants, but he decided one glass wasn't going to shatter the very foundation of the social classes that had been put in place. He reached up to retrieve the glass and held it out for the maid to take from him. She gave him a submissive "thank you" but he decided not to respond, simply nodding his head once in acknowledgement. He then shifted his focus back to the room around him, praying to be saved from the awkwardness he was usually so able to avoid.

Mentioned: Peckinou Peckinou (Merliva)

superthumb.png
Interaction: Lucian Clifford ( Misty Gray Misty Gray )

The girl had spent most of her day outside, enjoying the garden party. It was nice to listen to the vibrant twitter of the birds, the busy buzzing of the bees and the peripheral chatter; they allowed the isolated atmosphere of the castle to feel electrifying! The sweet aroma of the Summer flowers filled the air around her, intoxicating most partygoers with a sense of fulfillment and pleasure; a feeling that probably hadn't been experienced for a long time. They projected a sensation of calmness among these chaotic and archaic times. The foliage of the garden also left a remarkable feeling in ones soul. The reds, yellows and oranges all worked together in perfect harmony; like a controlled fire rather than one that ravaged the wilderness. The food had a pleasant taste, inviting you to have more; the Victoria-Sponge cakes, the tarts and the treacle left all such spectacular flavors in your mouth. Things that you could only relish in the hopes of having again!

Anelissa enjoyed her day. She had wandered around the beautiful gardens and had gotten herself involved in friendly gossip; it was indeed a calm day for such a tense time. Either way, it had helped her take her mind off the ongoing events in the castle. She would miss her dear sister, the thought of her leaving wasn't just a possibility, but more of a reality now. This may be the last time she ever see her for all she knew. Another thing that heavily bothered her was the news about the assassins; someone had managed to get into the castle! It made her skin crawl... No matter though, she portrayed the English pride she carried with her by wearing a red dress; this was not a time to show weakness, but strength!

She knew that she would have to go to the ballroom around now and start mingling. Although she didn't know when her father and mother would introduce themselves, the girl didn't want to risk being late or absent. She had already irritated her father enough and didn't think embarrassing him in front of the nobles would help. If she wanted to her father to understand her point of view, it was best for him to be in a calmer mindset. Anyway, it would be good for her to mingle, she might meet some new faces at court. This would be a good time to debut your children to the other nobles and perhaps the king.

The third princess walked through the halls at a steady pace, observing how the castle bustled with life before her. It hadn't been this full of life in what felt like forever; the castle was currently similar to the beginning of Spring. Everyone appeared to be doing something. The maids appeared to be dashing about, completing their last minute duties whilst the guards were on high alert guarding all exits and entrances. All of the household staff seemed pretty busy today; not a second to waste on themselves. It made Anelissa sad really, she appreciated how they worked so hard, yet they would be the first to suffer if something bad happened. It was morally wrong on all accounts.

As the girl walked into the room, she look about the banquet hall. It had been decorated to a standard of utmost beauty. Of course she was used to such luxuries as this, but it never stopped in astounding her. Eyeing around the hall closely, she noticed a man who she hadn't seen before helping a maid. Who was he? Appreciating his awkward stance, she chuckled at herself and walked over to him, "That was a nice thing you did for her you know."

207a36e91794a4f39a752cc6c723b596.gifLocation: Her room
The past three days had been stressful, to say the least. The questions, the guards, the paranoia. She no longer felt safe in her room but was too stubborn to move. Of course, she painted it as her simply trying to move past the tragedy of those two maids. The garden party, what little of it she attended, had been suffocating. The casual racism and prejudice she encountered were nothing short of appalling, but Elvira kept her tongue under control. The people seemed to swoon at the sweet Spanish woman who didn't seem to speak a bit of English (not that they gave her a chance to speak anyway), having fun practicing what little of her native language they knew. Most of them were terrible. Like they had made no effort to actually learn. It was a relief that when she and her guard slipped away, nobody seemed to mind. It allowed her some free time, most of it spent in her room trying to fix her painting. After a while, it was, unfortunately, time to dress for the ball. She did not want to deal with the comments again, even more so now that they would have had alcohol. These Englanders were certainly ruder than the people back home.

Her dress for the night was certainly more of a traditional fashion, unlike the custom clothes she brought with her. Here people could criticize her, could start rumors that would destroy her if she didn't make the right statement. And that would be a terrible reflection on Christopher and his family. She could keep her small rebellions, however. No corset or one of those dreadful hoop skirts underneath. So getting it on was a fairly simple matter. After the dress was on, Elvira took a seat at her vanity. Her eyes were drawn to her neck, the bruise she had received from three nights ago had not faded much. But, she hoped that the dancing and conversations would be enough to keep people from asking. Her new maids stood by idly, waiting to see if she needed assistance while she styled her hair, they all seemed to jump slightly when someone knocked.

The door would open slowly, almost timidly as the maid's eyes fell upon Christopher. The maid quickly bowed, her eyes trying to meet his, the maid failed. "I-I'm sorry your Highness, but Lady Tavares is still getting ready. She can jo-"

"Let him in, it's alright. I'm finished." The maid looked towards Elvira, nodding without a word as she opened the door fully to allow Christopher inside. Once he was in, the door was shut and the maid stepped aside as Elvira stood to greet him. Soft yellow fabric curtained around her legs, Elvira smoothing it for a moment. She almost seemed to glide the way the dress moved with her as she walked closer to Christopher. The neckline was flat, curving up slightly when it met her mostly exposed shoulders, giving away to two-layered bell sleeves that flared out at her elbows but gave her more than enough space for her hands to be free. The bodice was tight, hugging her natural curves though it didn't show the bandage she still wore underneath. Around her neck lay a silver necklace, small gems laying in the pendant, it was a fairly simple necklace that matched her earrings, and the bracelet on her left arm. Her hair was in a low bun, the chocolate locks having been brushed out and curled up against the back of her head, a pretty hair comb holding it in place. Two strands, however, one on either side of her face, we're free. Framing her cheeks with a slight curl. Elvira gave Christopher a smile, curtsying.

When she straightened up, her eyes met his, that soft smile still present. "Lovely to see you again Christopher. I was under the impression I would be escorted to the ball by my guard, but this is a pleasant surprise."

Last edited:
[class=Notes] // Forward slashes are comments and do no show up in the final design, these are to help you find everything easily and explain some code as well. These comments must be with in a class or script tags in order to be hidden, from what I know// // Long URls are images # followed by letter and numbers are Hex codes or color codes.// // This code does not show breaks unless is shows the
code When typing responses to rps, be aware that when you press enter it will not show that you did. You'll have to use the
tags// [/class] [class=Lines] border-top:2px SOLID #680b0a; margin-bottom:8px; margin-Top:5px; margin-Left:12px; //This is the line dividers in the code, the tiny ones.// [/class]
[class=Notes] //Above is the background color and main border// //below are the two borders around the image// [/class]
Luca | Interacting: Victoria FireMaiden FireMaiden | Mentioned: Adeline, Elvira | Location: Courtyard gardens
[div class="Lines"]
It wasn't surprising that Luca did not find himself with the company of good sleep last night. How could he after the chaotic dinner and attempted murder of Elvira? Anyone could be next. Planting a few kisses on Tabitha's furry head, Luca forced himself to prepare for the events ahead. The ball. Today, he would finally meet the true maiden of Sweden, Victoria. How coy the Swedens are. To choose safety over pride for their princess. It can't be easy living in the shadows, watching your people bow to a fake version of yourself. "The Asian empires practice this method quite often, did you know, Tabitha? That's where you're from. The Chinese are very secretive, you know. It was just my luck that my good friend Julien stumbled upon you at an auction. You might have been stuffed and pinned to someone's wall." Tabitha barely batted an eye at Luca's words, continuing to wedge herself between the fluffy pillows on the bed. If only my life could be as carefree as yours, Tabitha.

The prospect of meeting Victoria was intriguing and daunting at the same time. To learn Adeline was a mere figurehead disappointed the man. He already grew fond of the young woman. Even if he hadn't seen her in a romantic light, he was certain he could have lived his life contently by her side. But, now? He was to be thrown a wild card. All the research he had accumulated on his wife-to-be went straight out the window. All of it, a lie. As calculating and strategic Luca was, not seeing this coming was a huge blow to his ego. Not that he wore it on his sleeve anyway. "As Rita Brown used to say, love is the wildcard of existence," Luca whispered to himself. He was arranged to meet princess Victoria in the courtyard in order to arrive at the ball together. Luca bided his time near the violet orchids.

Feeling a nearby presence, he lifted his gaze to a dignified woman. Offering an even smile, he welcomed her over. "You must be the elusive Victoria Wahlstrom. I hope the journey here brought you little fatigue." Luca drew his attention back towards the orchids, drawing a finger over the delicate petals. "Such a rarity wild orchids have become as of late. All of these within the garden are my personal collection. They are the royalty of the floral kingdom. Depicting the most vibrant colors and unique shapes, and dining without lifting a single leaf. They steal nutrients from the less fortunate in order to survive. More often than not, they aren't born with the ability to make their own food because of the massive success rate of their deceptive and cunning nature." Looking back at her, he would add, "Forgive my banter. You must be bored. Shall we continue to the banquet?"

The woman standing before him was indeed beautiful. Her features were a bit more defined than Adelines. As he stepped closer, he could feel the intensity of her aura. Yes, this was the type of woman that would have Jeremiah hot and bothered on the spot. Luca always found it easy to read other people. Yet, he couldn't seem to penetrate Victoria's gaze. She was a true wild card. Captivating like the orchids, but potentially hazardous. The question is, did he want to be eaten?

Original Code by AgWordSmith
[/div]

Lucian Clifford

1578945091438-png.667475
Lucian glanced across to his father's assistant, who was sticking close to the older man as instructed. It amused Lucian to see the way his father had the man follow him around for little reason other than to boost his own apparent self-importance. Anyone who had an assistant at their beck and call would look good at such an event. Before he had time to let his amusement become a smile, Lucian was caught off-guard as he heard the voice of a female address him. He looked to see Anelissa standing before him. The brunette was dressed elegantly, just like a princess. He had yet to be introduced to any of the princesses so there was a slight delay for the penny to drop and for him to realise he was indeed being addressed by one in that moment. He noticed his father's assistant gesture from across the room for him to act appropriately in the presence of royalty and a lump formed in his throat as he realised he'd only been alone for mere minutes and was about to ruin things for his father.

"My apologies... Your Royal Highness," he softly spoke to Anelissa and bowed in respect. He then straightened his posture and focused on the words she had spoken to him. Clearly, she had seen him assist the maid but she didn't seem to belittle the gesture. His own father would have given him an earful had he witnessed him crossing social boundaries to help the maid. "The lady appeared to be struggling. I determined it would be most appropriate to assist in the retrieval of the glass rather than risk the minor chaos a breakage on this fine floor would cause."

Clearing his throat, he decided it was best to introduce himself before continuing. "I'm Lucian Clifford. I'm the son of Sir Edgar Clifford; the Lord Chief Justice..." He stopped himself and couldn't help but awkwardly laugh. This was far more a nerve-wracking situation than he'd ever been thrown into before. "Would it be wise of me to guess you are Princess Anelissa, Ma'am?" he asked, basing his assumption on her apparent age and the descriptions of the family members he'd been given. "I must say, you have a beautiful home and I am truly in awe of it all." He wasn't putting on the compliments and pleasantries as any kind of act to impress the royal family. He was an architect and to see the palace from the inside was a genuine gift to him. It almost distracted him from how nervous he was about meeting the family, especially his future wife. "Are you enjoying your day, Ma'am?" he asked Anelissa.

MinTea MinTea (Anelissa)

superthumb.png
Mentioned: Merliva Peckinou Peckinou
Interacted: Lucian Misty Gray Misty Gray

Anelissa couldn't help but smile at his slow reaction; it took the man a couple of seconds to realise who was talking to him. It was adorable to her. Most likely, he probably didn't expect to meet any of the royals until the commencement of the main festivities, that was if he even expected to meet them at all. Even with big events such as this, it was incredibly difficult for people to greet the royals. Whether it be because of nerves or simply they do not have the permission, it had always annoyed Anelissa! Viewing his beauty, she saw how he glanced across the room. It most likely was at a person, but she was unsure. The action made her feel slightly guilty however, as it presented itself like he was under a lot of stress or pressure to impress her, so he had to look to others for guidance.

The third princess admired his manners, as he soon apologised for his slow reaction and quickly fixed his posture. He was surely someone of marginal importance if he was trying to impress her. "I'm sure she appreciates it...The spilling of wine isn't exactly a, one could say, way to be liked around here," looking into his oceanic eyes she continued, "Anyway, kind sir, who exactly are you?" He really made her curious, not only had she never seen him before, he probably was the only one to consider helping the maid. Most of the rich would have most likely laughed at her misfortune.

Anelissa had listened closely, only to be surprised to find out that he was Lucian, Merliva's fiancee. Anelissa automatically felt sorry for him; he would have to be married to the one sister which wouldn't accept him. His personality was like the birth of spring, full of life and curiosity, whilst Merliva's was like the dead of Winter, callous and selfish. He might have it tough here at this rate. He continued talking, complimenting her home. "Thank you Lucian, I can not take the credit however," Anelissa pointed at some of key points of architecture, "For I neither designed it, nor built it." The girl had always thought the castle was beautiful, but receiving a compliment on it always made her feel awkward. How could she take credit for something she had no involvement in?

Observing all of his defined features, Anelissa was caught her off guard when he asked about her day. "I- Uh...Oh I...My apologies," her face began to rosy, "It has been spectacular, so much has been going on around the castle! It feels as if I was a child again...How was yours?"

Anne-of-Cleves-the-tudors-22691928-500-281.jpgClara had tried her best to stay out of the castle since the attack on Elvira. The men that had done so were in fact French and considering her close connections to the country it was only understandable that things had been awkward at court. Since the incident she’d sent only one letter to her mother and received only one in return. Clara had stuck to the same story she had upon first arriving in England, if not for a very added extras given the current situation. She was settling in nicely; the royal family were generous and kind hosts and despite the recent attack everyone was still in fine spirits. The response was just as similar. All was well with the family, despite some vicious rumours circulating about their daughter and her time in the English court, and that they were happy if not insistent that Clara solidify her position in the royal family.

She’d not had much chance to speak to Anelissa after the dinner. But Clara had hoped that some of her words had reached the young princess and that things might calm down. What Clara didn’t want, was Anelissa speaking out against her family again when clearly the King was already agitated by the attack of French assassins. Clara knew better than anyone that timing was everything, a skill she had hoped Anelissa was starting to learn. And with the real princess of Sweden also arriving at court, things were not getting any less complicated.

Clara had just arrived back from one of her less brisk rides out on Raven. Being outside had always been a great comfort to her spirit but especially most recently it had been a saving grace knowing that it was just her, her horse and the open air. She knew there were many festivities to be performed in honour of the arrival of the new fiancé and the departure of Genevie and wasn’t sure if there would be time to freshen up. Ordinarily Clara would ensure Raven was appropriately taken care off and given a rub down but again, time was against Clara and she didn’t want to worsen her relationship with the King by not being on time for such important events. Hence, after taking Raven back to the stables she proceeded to make her way to the royal ballroom. Along the way she happened across Wesley. He’d always been kind to her in the past and a steady form of comfort for all the royal children, so Clara was always happy to join in conversation with him. He was never too far from the king’s side so she knew their conversation might not be long lived. Upon approaching Clara noticed his neutral expression but tried her best at greeting him with a smile. “Good morning Wesley, how are you this morning?”

Misty Gray Misty Gray

coollogo_com-26117276.png
tenor.gifLocation: Courtyard
Interaction: NyxNightmare NyxNightmare (Luca)
Mentioned: Misty Gray Misty Gray (King Robert)
Today was the day Victoria had been dreading ever since she learned of her engagement. Adeline has determined it was safe for Victoria to finally make her appearance, her father wishing her well before sticking her on a boat and shipping her off. She had no time to say goodbye to the few people she might have still cared for, however short that list may be. When the princess arrived early this morning, the castle was a buzzing mess of activity. Final preparations for the ball that evening, and for the garden party that afternoon, it was a chaos Victoria was all too accustomed. Her room was nice, but had nowhere near the comforts the woman had back home. Each detail was criticized from the small chips in the bathtub to the way she only had a view of the training yard and not the sea or anything else much more interesting. For the first hour of the day, she unpacked making sure everything was in it's place before she and her personal guards went about the castle learning what the could about the layout. Having grown up in a castle made it exceptionally easier to learn the halls, something that may be an advantage later on.

When the garden party started, Victoria was in attendance, enjoying the food and the company. The play was a bit pretentious, showing off a kind man who cared for his people. She had to admit, she thought that these Englishmen would try and bask in the more violent of human nature, but King Robert wanted to reinforce the image of kindness. A smart move on his part. Her father had warned her about King Robert, something about him not sitting well with the King of Sweden, but Victoria didn't care. If she couldn't get Christopher, perhaps she could weasel her way into Robert's heart. Or at least gain enough affection to be made a mistress, she could still have power that way. As the garden party started to die down, Victoria made her way back fo her room to dress for the ball.

The gown she had picked was dark forest green. The skirt was soft, satin that poorer out around her over the three additional layers of lighter cloth, the bodice was right, hugging the curves of her torso. It had a high neckline that touched her throat with lace. That same lace covered her arms all the way down to the gold bracelets on either arm. The last touch was her golden circlet. She, of course, felt it was in bad taste to wear any more than that, but she was unable to just ignore her own status. Victoria was a princess after all, and princesses deserved the respect that came with the title. Once she was dressed, she and a guard made their way to the courtyard where Prince Luca was waiting.

"And you must be Luca Ravenswood. I apologize for the deception with Adeline, my father has made powerful enemies and as you could imagine, I am the perfect target for revenge." Victoria would admit, Luca was easy to look at. And he certainly sounded intelligent, but there was a hidden message behind those words. Whether aimed at her or a warning, Victoria couldn't be certain. When he finally asked if she was ready for the ball, Victoria forced a polite smile. "Yes, I am excited to see if the parties here are anything like the ones my father hosts."

Last edited:
Christopher Ravenswood

1578945056812-png.667473
The maid opened the door to Christopher and she proceeded to stutter in attempting to explain that Elvira was still getting ready. The Crown Prince stiffened his posture and took in a deep breath. Before he had to determine how to react, Elvira spoke up to invite him inside her room. Without responding to the maid, Christopher stepped into the room and looked to his fiance as she stood to greet him. He allowed his eyes to give her the full once over before showing a subtle nod of approval. "I would say we are suitably well coordinated for this circus," he flatly informed her. He had little doubt in his mind that the ball would be filled with women trying to outshine each other with the best dress and the sweetest laugh, whilst lacking any actual substance where it counted. It was always nauseating and false. Elvira looked beautiful and elegant, but more than anything, he knew the woman who would enter the festivities at his side had something to call a brain inside of her skull. "You certainly look finished and ready to attend the party," he told her, in his roundabout way of complimenting her appearance.

"It's pleasant to see you again, too," he replied to her. "I have been occupied throughout the day, so i decided it was best I accompanied you to the ball now whilst we have opportunity to exchange words in peace." He glanced to her bruised neck and cleared his throat. "Besides which, I have not yet had the opportunity to ask how you are recovering since the attack. Would you care to enlighten me?" he carefully asked her.

"With the likely gossiping within these walls, I would hope my presence at your side would at least do something to encourage the guests to direct their inane chattering elsewhere." He clasped his hands together behind his back and smirked. "With the arrival of Merliva's fiance, I would hope that would take up most of the attention. People with little better to do will fawn over the idea of royal weddings." Of course, his own marriage to Elvira would come first, but he hoped the new arrivals and Genevieve's imminent departure would be of more interest to the guests.

FireMaiden FireMaiden (Elvira)

207a36e91794a4f39a752cc6c723b596.gifLocation: Her room
"Well, coordination is often the key isn't it?" The colors they both had chosen complimented each other well. And while it wasn't planned, it would certainly earn both of them points in the eyes of whoever cared. The King perhaps, and some of the more influential guests. Those extra points would help in the long run, given it actually made a difference. Entering the party together would make a statement, however, how people interpreted that statement was out of their control. When he complimented her, Elvira's smile grew a little bit, a soft laugh falling form her lips. It was an odd way to compliment someone, but it didn't mean it wasn't sweet. "Thank you, Christopher, you look nice too." Elvira had to admit once again, he was certainly attractive. He was taller than her, broad-shouldered, and always with a refined aura. She'd be blind to think otherwise. "Purple suits you."

As he started talking about why she had not seen him for much that day, her eyes flickered to the maids moving around them to leave. Her room was clean, Elvira was dressed, and they had duties elsewhere, leaving her and the prince alone. Which, Elvira didn't realize until that moment, made it easier to talk freely. "I...must confess, I find myself looking over my shoulder more than I prefer. The wound is still sore, but it stopped bleeding. So long as it's kept clean, it will heal." The woman felt his gaze on her neck, Elvira looking back to his eyes for a moment before glancing down. Her arm crossed over her stomach, fingers gently brushing against the bandage over her hip, but after a moment it fell back to her side and once again, her eyes met his. "I suppose it will scar, but, they didn't succeed thanks to Wesley." She decided not to complain too much. Her room felt odd to be in now, and sleep was hard to achieve, but she was still alive. That was the important thing.

She had to wonder how this whole event had affected the French girl here in the castle. Clara, that was her name. Elvira hoped nothing negative would come to her, but life her was apparently much more dangerous than she originally thought. This incident...when her mother found out, the woman would raise an unpredictable hell. "The gossiping doesn't bother me, let them talk. But thank you, that's very kind," Elvira said, her smile returning. Christopher made an excellent point. Unlike the garden party where she mingled with the guests and they felt the need to make any comment they wished, Christopher scared most everybody. Elvira didn't see why. He was just a man. A man with power and a temper, but a man none the less. "Should we make our way to the party?"

Wesley Lancaster

1578945071036-png.667474
As they approached the ballroom, the King and Queen were joined by two senior guards, prompting Wesley to send the two men an acknowledging nod. He was grateful and relieved for their arrival as it meant he could remove himself from the direct presence of Arielle and Robert. It was relatively easy to deal with Arielle and Robert when they weren't together, but standing in the background when they were together was at times unpleasant. It was difficult not to feel envious of the King, whilst also feeling disappointed at how the man came nowhere near close to showing Arielle the appreciation she deserved. As confident and formal as ever, Wesley excused himself from their presence in favour of ensuring tight security was being maintained throughout the palace grounds.

Wesley hadn't walked far along the hallway when he sighted Clara walking towards him. It became apparent she was going to address him and so Wesley remained standing on the spot to allow her to reach him. His serious expression turned into a friendly one as he returned the young woman's smile. She certainly seemed a patient and positive person, even in the face of her looming engagement to Jeremiah - a young man who showed little appreciation towards her. Little towards anyone, if Wesley was being completely honest. "Good evening, Clara. I am well. Heightened responsibilities aside, I'm finding the day quite a pleasant one. Smiling faces and festivities suits this palace," he observed. "How are you Clara? I do hope the recent days have been treating you well." Wesley was fully aware of how Clara might feel on the receiving end of some kind of hostility from less understanding people around the palace, given that Elvira had been attacked by Frenchmen. He hoped Robert had held his tongue on his thoughts in Clara's presence.

Songbird500 Songbird500 (Clara)
Mention: Melanin-Gxdess Melanin-Gxdess (Arielle)

Anne-of-Cleves-the-tudors-22691928-500-281.jpgClara was glad to see Wesley match her smile. She often found him with a small frown on his face or totally indifferent to all emotions. But Clara mused that this was to be expected of him. It was after all, his job to protect the royal family and he himself was the one to save Elvira. She knew he’d probably seen much worse things, but her heart still went out to him. It can never be easy witnessing an attack on a young woman and being the one to slay the attackers. Clara wondered if it could ever get easier defending life by taking life, but she didn’t think them friends enough to ask such a bold question. With the attack on Elvira the security measures would have surely been heightened and as such more pressure on Wesley to secure the safety of everyone. But it didn’t look to phase Wesley. Again, a trait much needed in his line of work but even Clara knew the strains of hiding your true emotions. She’d had to do so much of it since arriving in court and even more so with the latest attack. There would always been people that wish to see you cower and break, but it had become a talent of Clara’s to rise above and grip such hurt tight in her hand until the pain stopped burning.

Her plights were probably nothing to Wesley’s or in fact the whole family. Perhaps such struggles were why Christopher had become so cold. The weight and expectations of the father are always great but with everything else as well, it was only natural to see someone cut themselves off from experiencing any more hurt.

Such thoughts constantly whirred in Clara’s mind and she worried that Anelissa might too start to disregard emotion. This was not what Clara wanted, despite her pleas for the young princess to temper her anger she didn’t want Anelissa to disappear into a shell of her former self. Such thoughts were put aside for the time being when Clara witnessed the upbeat nature Wesley still encompassed. Despite everything, he still had it in him to enjoy the festivities and any joy that came with it. “It is rather lovely to see happiness back in the castle” She mused, gazing out a window. The next question was a little more difficult to answer. She knew he was being kind but even she couldn’t truly deceiver her emotions let alone express them. But with all things considered she was holding up and that was good enough for the moment. Especially considering she’d heard no word from the King, and in her experience if the King was displeased with you, he wouldn’t be shy in expressing it. “I’m doing well. The atmosphere at court has changed slightly but that is only to be expected with such an open attack. I do hope Elvira is doing well?”

Misty Gray Misty Gray

Users who are viewing this thread

Back