• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern The Devil's Throne - OOC (Open)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Misty Gray

Pessimisty
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)

The Devil's Throne - OOC
1573316073218-png.644943

An alternative reality to ours... In the 18th century, the King and Queen reside in a palace situated in East Anglia, England. Strict and old-fashioned, it's difficult to believe the way the world moves around them. However, with the power to change anything in the country the moment they wish, they are the most powerful people in England. Employing many, including guards, servants and advisers, the family holds a great level of secrecy within the walls. Anyone found to break the vow of secrecy, or many other rules, could find themselves put to death without trial.

The King and Queen have three sons and three daughters. The eldest Prince, and heir to the throne, is a handsome young man, though cold and heartless by nature. He is due to marry the daughter of a Spanish noble, to help build relations and trade with Spain. Many, including his own siblings, fear what will happen when the cruel prince eventually becomes king.

Recently, things in the castle have been gradually becoming more unsettled than usual, following the execution of a young servant a week earlier. Tortured before been hung, she was accused of being evil and trying to corrupt the youngest princess, simply because she was of a poorer class.​

This will be a realistic drama (though not historically accurate to our real world) and will remain focused within the palace walls and grounds. This will be heavy on characterisation, with twists, violence and probably a lot of misery!

I'm not majorly strict but I prefer around 2+ paragraphs per post and certainly not just a couple of sentences.

Out of character chat goes here...

If you're playing a love interest, can you let me know if they've been selected by the King for an arranged marriage or if this is going to be a more natural thing? I'm for all kind of romances. I'm sure there's plenty of scandal and drama.

Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy Songbird500 Songbird500 - tagging as you've expressed interest in some love interests.

I've also added the below to the CS setting notes. Bad times...

Religion
- The Church of England (Christianity)
- Strict and Conservative
- Adultery and homosexuality are punishable offences

If you're playing a love interest, can you let me know if they've been selected by the King for an arranged marriage or if this is going to be a more natural thing? I'm for all kind of romances. I'm sure there's plenty of scandal and drama.

Stardust Galaxy Stardust Galaxy Songbird500 Songbird500 - tagging as you've expressed interest in some love interests.

I was thinking I could have been selected for an arranged marriage but maybe, to stir some drama, to also look for companionship elsewhere as well.

I was thinking I could have been selected for an arranged marriage but maybe, to stir some drama, to also look for companionship elsewhere as well.
I'll let you decide. I guess I just wanted to make it clear it didn't necessarily have to be an arranged one. The two eldest aren't so lucky, haha!

hello, everyone!
it’s a-me! i’ll post the eldest sister up as soon as possible! just wanted to drop by here to say hello!

I think my character would not be part of an arranged marrige but I have some ideas in mind for her to bring some drama to the story

I'm turning into a dirty spammer here...

If anyone feels comfortable playing multiple characters I'm cool with that. Just let me know.

Just read it! Her history sounds amazing, I do feel sorry for her though. The royals or nobles always seem to be messed up...Also, I cannot forget to mention, imagine going from a warm place like Spain to England. Now that is a serious punishment.

Just read it! Her history sounds amazing, I do feel sorry for her though. The royals or nobles always seem to be messed up...Also, I cannot forget to mention, imagine going from a warm place like Spain to England. Now that is a serious punishment.
She's gonna hate it. Just cold all the time.

Let's hope she packed an umbrella too!

Everyone. If I've given your CS a <3 it means they're accepted. If not, it probably just means I'm waiting until your CS is completed before accepting.

You're right. I would hate how cold and rainy England usually is. I've never been there myself, but my aunt lives over there in the heart of London and she's always complaining about it.
I cannot wait for all of the family drama to take place. I know Luca is going to have a difficult time. He's loyal to Christopher for saving his life, but if he's a tyrant, what can you do. It'll be interesting to see how everyone handles the situations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back