• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Shehodorei

Beriadanwen face dropped, her lips now had no smile but only a reminiscence of one, she had gripped onto Messiah’s mane as support. To leave Shehodorei, it was something she always wanted, to finally be free of her oath but now when faced with it, her heart heavy as an anchor pulling her down. Was she a coward or was she staying for another reason? She dare not say, she did not want to force herself to think of such, only regrets would come from it. Her green eyes remained at the black glossy fur of Messiah as Shaegar finally has given her the truth, such things hurt but it is what it is and there is nothing she could do to change who she is. For a while, they were left alone in the cellar, the quiet burn between them as she had only the very few options, to receive her punishment and stay but also to leave and never return. Leaving was obviously the easiest of choices but to leave him and to never speak or hear from him, would that be easy? She turned to look at Shaegar, melancholy in her eyes.

“After all this time, you knew. Despite the position you were put in, thank you for seeing no difference in me. Not many could do that, not even my own mother. Instead of her, you were the one who came here and for that, I am forever grateful.”

She saw the struggle of his words and she too struggled with her own. At least now, the truth between the two was settled, no secrets and no one hiding behind a facade. She could live with having to speak to him again, even if the choices they made in each of their life would soon draw them further apart from each other.

“I am glad to have been your friend.”

A low voice escaped her as she now looked straight ahead, staring into space. Thirty lashes and permanent banishment, to her it sounded like death itself. Would she stay if he asked? Would she be able to take such punishment without death claiming her? She didn’t know, all she knew that her blood wasn’t pure as his and her fortitude to her body was far less resilient than an ordinary Blood Elves. She was weak but never in spirit and determination, the two things that had kept her alive till now.

“After you have stopped speaking to me Shae, I’ve always wondered what the world beyond this forest was like. I wanted to see the world, to finally understand where I have come from and to who my father was. It has always been a missing part of myself that was empty but if I leave, would I regret it?”

The last of her sentence was more of a question, for herself. The nagging thought of it pains her but when she turned to look at Shaegar, who seemed also in distraught. And for the longest time since they have parted ways before, she reached out to rest her hand on his arm and when they were younger, it would have been a light playful punch.

“You’re a King now, your mind should not be filled with thoughts of old memories. Sometimes, people come into your life for a reason and sometimes, the need to leave. Not by choice, but it is what makes us all grow. Separation is never easy but there is a need to do so and you are not alone.”

She looked at him, a smile telling him it was going to be okay but she wanted to tell him more before she regretted it. She held her tongue and her breath, no, it will not be right. Was all she could say to herself before removing her hand from him.

“You will be married soon, by then I do hope Lady Evelyn would be able to stand by your side, such weight you carry as a burden now will be shared. I hope by then, you won’t be as lonely as you seem.”

Was all she gave him before leaning close to Messiah as his body gave off heat to stop her from shaking, was it from the cold or from what was going to happen.

“If you choose to banish me, I accept and if you choose to punish me with lashing, I will accept. Either will not break me or bring me down, I might be half of a human but I am also a Blood Elf. A few lashings will be nothing.”

She did her best to sound brave for his sake but internally, she was scared. It was then the same guards that put her in her earlier started to descend the stairs. Beriadanwen could hear their heavy boots echoing and Messiah stood up, prepare to maul them if they tried to put him in the cage again. She had to claim the animal before they now stood in front of her cell and their eyes widen.

“Your Majesty.”

They spoke in unison, confused as to why the King was sitting in the same cell with his murderer. Both the guards were lost for words still but one soon found his tongue and cleared his throat.

“ Beriadanwen, you are to come with us. The court is awaiting your trial.”

He said before he opened the cellar door and pulling the woman to her feet, he watched her frown at him, still resisting but when he looked at her cheek he was not afraid to remind her. He shackled her wrist tightly before gripping her arm to lead her to the hall she was supposed to fight for her innocence but even now she made it no easier for these guards to treat her as they did.

She pulled her arm away from him roughly as he glared at him with her angry eyes before scowling.

“I can walk on my own.”

She spat at the two before Messiah followed close behind, making sure these two guards were kept at a distance.

“Your Majesty, they are requesting your presence as well.”

The second guard spoke with his head lowered slightly as he held the cellar door open for him. Beriadanwen turned to look back at Shaegar with a slight nod, telling and reminding him she was going to be okay and so was he.

Feledor did his best to convince those who he had spoken too multiple times before, many have agreed that having mercy on the woman would be idle but they too considered a pardon much too kind of punishment. Reduce lashing was also considered but Feledor did not wish to see harm upon the young elf, he even tried to speak with Noviyn but the woman would not want to even see him in her chambers.

Just as everyone else, he filtered into the hall they were to meet, he took a seat by the corner where it was audible and he could see everyone but also remain hidden for the duration of the meeting. Noviyn too walked in and took her seat, for a mother to see her own daughter to be punished, the woman is as cold as ever, her exterior like a porcelain doll, unreadable and empty. She, of course, was charming her way with the men while they waited for the King and Beriadanwen.

“Lady Noviyn, such a grief day to see your child in such a state.”

One of the noblewomen spoke in spite but Noviyn only waved the woman off with one comment that shocked those who have evesdropped.

“Such a crime, she is no daughter of mine.”

Around her, the men and women went quiet, they were unsure if the woman meant her words or was it just to rid herself of such mockery. However, their attention now turned to Evelyn and her father as the two walked in. They took their seats at the back as spectators, the Snow Elves stuck out like a fish out of water amongst the Blood Elves as their appearance was a contrast to many others. Noviyn’s eyes fell to the pale looking woman, one who traveled all this way to become the Queen to King Shaegar. She had one problem and not another arise, she needed to end this bloodline line before the next generation existed but for now, all she could do is wait for a response from King Elias.

Evelyn felt a pair of eyes on her, she turned towards the direction of where Noviyn was setting. She had heard of that woman’s reputation, nothing about it seems to impress the Snow Elf. shifting her eyes now to the guards that brought in a familiar woman, she remembered seeing that woman before when she walked the halls and she would never forget that manacing looking black lion that followed close behind. Curiosity soon peeked as she now moved her body forward from where she sat, wanting to get a better view.

Ekserma Desert

The words he used to call her, jeered at her, made her clench her jaw but all subtle movements of her body that would go unnoticed. She continued to remain as calm as she was, she refused to move first as she watching the man carefully. His stance was not familiar to her as she was taught differently by her mother and older sisters, yet she seemed unbothered by the man’s ability.

“Maybe you should come to my level, then maybe you would be able to hear me better, little one.”

Again she called to him, demeaning him at every chance she got. Patience, wait for them to come to you, use it against them, she could hear her mother’s voice in the distance, in fact, she would tell her mother now watching her. A motivation to not fail, and when the man rushed in swinging as she expected him too, she watched for his blade before she lifted her glaive to put distance between his weapon and her neck.

She did not want to end such a fight so soon, maybe humiliate him for a little more, teaching those who do not belong to never underestimate her people again. She then attempted to use the base of her weapon and the man’s own force against him, pushing him away to the opposite end with a side step to shifted her direction along with him. Yet she made use to watch for his eyes, as the eyes never lie when it came to where he would attempt to attack her next.

Her style of fighting leaned towards a defensive stance, she used her opponents' force and strength against them in lew of her own. Yes, she was not the strongest nor was she the fastest, and so she would need to fight as the smartest amongst the people. Het brown eyes locked on to the man like a serpent, she was ready just as her patronizing smile was.

People were already starting to gather around them, all curious to watch if this man could even remotely be able to fight one of their own. Echo stood in the front with full interest, she had yet to start training like her older siblings but she could not wait for till she would one day. Her little whelpling was at her side, whining in high pitched noises along with the crowd while its tiny wings extended in excitement.

“I’m sure such a strong swine could defeat a girl. Maybe I should let you lick your own weapon?”

She said with an ebullient laugh. Her hands now holding her glaive defensively, ready again to use the man’s own ability against him.

Tarthen

To say King Elias was enrage was an understatement as the man was now the epidemy of what hell would be like if it ever surfaced on earth. Fist slamming against the timber table as he pushed the maps all to the floor, even the servants were afraid to move as they did not want to end up at the end of the man’s temper. Elias is known to have mercilessly run his sword through many of his servants and generals when he does not see them fit, and it was usually the result of his poor temperament.

“I gave that heathen of a woman one simple task and she managed..”

Even before he finished his own sentence he slammed his fist against the table, causing the many small items to rattle in place slightly.

“My lord..”

One of his advisors tried to console the King but he was silenced with a sharp look. Elias took the flower dove that brought him the letter from Noviyn in his hand before rushing it tightly. The magic of the dove soon evaporated through his fist, causing it to revert back to a small white flower that wilted away.

“How long more must I wait till Jasper returns with those Savages? And what news of the cult? Where are the forces that I need?”

He yelled at his generals as his patience was waning with each sunset. He had sent for the Dragon Riders and for the Cults, those who practice the dark arts and old archaic magic. Ones who would gladly lay down their lives just to watch the world scream in agony within their grips.

“The Fae Folks of Grimoire Lyre?”

He continued to press for answers which were difficult for the generals and advisors to answer.

“My lord, I must remind you that the Fae Folks are one to not to be trifled with so easily. They come as savage as the Dragon Riders but only worse, they only seek to fool you with words that sought your demise. Trickery with magic, odd creatures they are.”

His right-hand advisor spoke, hoping this time the King would listen.

“I am not seeking an alliance with those creatures, I am seeking something else from them that would give us power.”

He said as he now stabbed the dagger into the small portion of the map where Grimoire Lyre was located. If breaking through the Blood Elves was difficult, Grimoire Lyre was going to be far to be impossible to get to.

There were a few blessed moments of silence where the two of them sat together along with Messiah, who's presence Shaegar feared he would never have the opportunity to get used to. It seemed like the seconds were ticking rapidly away, slipping like water between his fingers, and he was aware of the pressing fact that he was running out of time. At the moment, though, Beriadanwen was probably processing the fact that Shae knew her secret all along. Of course it hadn't mattered to him. Even when he'd been young, he'd seen no real difference in people who were supposedly of pure heritage and those that weren't. Besides, it was unrealistic to decide that blood elves could only want to make families with other blood elves. People wouldn't control who they ended up falling in love with, of that he was entirely sure.

He was glad there wasn't any hurt in her face when she turned to look at him. A small, sad smile appeared on his face at her words. "I'll always be your friend," he affirmed. "If I can't promise you anything else, I can promise you that."

If there was anything to make him feel better, it would be what she'd said next. If Beriadanwen had always wanted to travel and leave the forest, maybe this would be some kind of way to let her do that-even if it was marred by the overhanging threat of further punishment. He swallowed, looking away. Even if it hurt him, this might be a way for her to be able to do what she'd always wanted. To be out from under the scrutinizing gaze of her mother and the violent expectations of the army. That, at the very least, would be something he'd be able to do for her, if nothing else.

Through the weighted haze of his thoughts, Shae felt a warmth on his arm when Beriadanwen reached over. It took a moment, his gaze still remaining forward and distant, but he reached up to place a hand over hers, just for a moment.

He didn't like the way she was talking, as if she was already gone.

He withdrew his hand as the sound of footsteps approached them, quickly rising to his feet. He still had to be careful about his image, even if he was still firm in his belief in Beriadanwen's innocence. The trial was already beginning, and Shaegar wasn't surprised by the speed of it. In a situation like this one, which was extreme, they would want to take action fast.

There was a moment, when she was lead away, that Shaegar wanted to say something else-the urgency caught in his throat, even if he wasn't really sure what it was he had to say that would help and make things better. He was King. He was supposed to be able to fix everything.

But the words, whatever they were, were stuck in his head and simply refused to leave his mouth.

The gathering for the trial was a large one, and certainly did little to help with Shaegar's anxiety as he entered the room, attended by Draymont and a small selection of soldiers. He may as well have been made of stone as he walked through the hall, looking nowhere but directly ahead. It wasn't until he settled himself down on the elaborate chair which was reserved for him, that he realized he'd likely been the spitting image of his father.

His mouth tasted bitter. It was clear that, despite his efforts, Feledor had been likely unable to sway the opinions of the nobility. The way they looked at Beriadanwen when she entered, she may as well have been dirt.

It was time. Shaegar rose to his feet.

"You stand accused of treason. You stand accused of attempted murder and assassination. How do you answer to these charges?"

His voice, like his face, was devoid of emotion.

Inside, however, he felt dangerously close to tears.

Ekserma Desert
It was a dance with swords as the two sparred, steel clashing against steel and occasionally sending a shower of sparks, to be stamped out on the ground below. Asher's gaze never wavered, but remained fixed on her, attempting to read every move as quickly as possible to try and predict what moves she would make next. He'd been wary of her small size, knowing full well that those with a slighter build could be fast and vicious in battle. And, accurate to this thought, it was clear that Lilum planned to use his own weight against him.

She was fast-wicked fast, so much so that it was difficult to watch where her weapon was going. Asher was able to parry a majority of her blows, and frustration soon painted his face as he realized that it was very difficult to land even. glancing blow on her-she'd been trained well.

A beat of sweat soon ran down his forehead, though he may as well have been in a trance with how engrossed in the battle he was. The world could have erupted in flames around them, and Asher would have been none the wiser. Sparring, in his opinion, could be translated as almost a romantic experience. You never knew someone the way you did when you were fighting them. He'd learned that from his comrades, his brothers, and Jasper.

But they were evenly matched-so much so that Asher wondered if the battle might turn either way.

Shehodorei

Beriadanwen felt small in a room full of eyes judging her from all corners. On both sides, stood a guard, ensuring she was secured and giving her minimal movement in her bonds. The rusted metal that the shackles were made of dug into her skin, causing her pale skin to redden from irritation. She looked around the faces she could recall, many she had seen most of her life while some still new to her, she craned her neck to spot the young Snow Elf in the distance who too was looking back at her. For a while, both women only wondered about each other but their eyes averted when the King walked in. The sound of small chatter now turned to whispers when Shaegar spoke, all waiting to see the damned soul burn for her crimes against the King.

The golden blonde woman turned her eyes to meet Shaegar’s eyes, from where she stood, he looked far different from the one she had spoken to in the cellars. Then, she was speaking to a friend who she cares for dearly but now it was the King who addressed her, an air of command around him as he now held the room’s attention. Beriadanwen will not deny she was proud to see him become the King she always believed he could be but it was a shame she would not be around to see him change the way society would work. His voice ringing through the room as he questioned her innocence, her green eyes look up at him from where he stood before she shifted her gaze to her mother. After all that happened, she finally sees her mother amongst the crowd who was to judge her something she had no hand in, and Beriadanwen could tell the woman took no interest in her well-being. Is this what being alone feels like? She questioned herself before turning to face Shaegar again.

“I am innocent of all accusations but regardless of my own claims, I will always be wrong. I have no voice within your court, I am no noble nor am I a general, I am only but a mare pawn in someone else’s plan. I can plead on my knees or beg you of mercy but I will not, I will not be forced on my knees begging for your leniency for something I have no knowledge off. However, I have accepted my faith in your hands of punishment but I will not be doing it with my head hung low.”

Beriadanwen now looked towards her mother, the one woman who would be able to get her out of this mess but choose to be silent. The many times she needed a mother and Noviyn had managed to fail her completely, it was that instant, she knew she was alone in the world. She was about to be stripped of things she knows, to now once more to be separated from the one person she had relied on when her mother was not around. Yet, there was growth in the woman within a few hours, Beriadanwen could see the world for what it is, cruel and unforgiving, she told herself. I will not allow myself to fall again, her eyes now burning a brighter green than before, a flicker of flame but it vanished as soon as it came, unnoticeable.

She felt hurt and betrayed not by Shaegar but to the one who claimed to have cared for and loved her. Why did she lead herself to believe that her mother was capable of loving anyone but herself? The many years of pant up anger started to boil over, she tensed her arms and the metal dug into her flesh, even more, a visible frown on her face and her jaw cleaned to the point she was grinding her teeth.

“I was never seen as anything more but a burden. I have tried to prove myself, to be someone else to a point I have forgotten what was more important, myself. I will not allow to be made a villain or a victim because I am neither.”

She spoke louder, making sure everyone who sat in this room, who once never saw her as anything but a lowly daughter of a whore. Those who devalue her as a person but she will not be made a fool any longer. For once she took a stand for her own pride as she had nothing left to lose, nothing more to fight for as she was the one in the shackles. Beriadanwen’s eyes now met with Shaegar, her green eyes now a watery field of grass after a rain, tears now forcing through. What more could she say? All the years she felt alone and the many occasions her mother have managed to wound her soul, but now when she finally understood what Shaegar had done for her. A kindness she never did deserve of him but a kindness she will never forget, but now she wasn’t able to return the same to what he had done for her many years ago.
She turned to look away, she never meant to start to cry but she understood what he was to do. And all she could do was to allow him to be a King in his own rights, even if it may be having to put herself forward.

Noviyn only watched her daughter carefully, the words she uttered were beyond unnecessary in her opinion but when she noticed Beriadanwen’s cheeks start to soak in tears, she looked between her own daughter and the King. Have I been blind these many years? She thought to herself as she watched her daughter carefully. Did she missed something in her daughter’s life to only now see the tenderness of looks she had for Shaegar. Noviyn’s eyes narrowed but there was a smile slowly starting to spread across her lips.

“How amusing”

She spoke quietly to no one in particular. Her eyes now as per usual fell into the many laid out schemes she would be able to use against the crown; if only she knew of such news sooner. She wouldn’t need Elias, all she would do was use her precious daughter but it seemed there were other plans for Beriadanwen. With keen interest, Noviyn now turned her head towards Evelyn who was sitting at the edge of her seat. She could tell the young elven woman had never witnessed such a court before, something she would need to learn if she were to be a Queen. Of course, if only she survives her stay.

Feledor had a grim expression on his face, nothing about what was unfolding seemed right, years of experience and in life, something in his gut told him this was not right. And even if Beriadanwen was put to death or banish, they still had someone else to worry about. Feledor had been waiting for Noviyn to speak out for her daughter, maybe that would hold value within the court, to gain sympathy but the woman for once was silence. Never before had Feledor known the woman to keep her lips together during meetings such as this, it made him questioned the woman’s intentions even further than he already has.

Ekserma Desert

To Lilium’s surprise, the man had managed to dodge most of her attacks, one even when his own force and speed were used against him. She kept him away from her at least an arm’s length, making sure none of her weak spots was open for him to thrust his weapon into it. She was not planning on dying here today, especially not by the hands of a foreign stranger. However, she was getting tired as the man moved more than she would expect from an opponent. Lilium was used to those who were bigger, they moved less and in fact, they only move in a straight line to her observations. As she tried to keep up with making sure the man was always in her view, Lilium started to pant with exhaustion, and there were a few times the man was able to slip into her blind spot.

Lilium could feel her father’s eyes looking right at her, watching her falter as she was forced to carry on with this man’s display he called a fight. And with her one weakness, she got impatient, she wanted this nonsense to end as she felt as though she was a toy. She certainly did not like being dances around in circles and neither the thought of losing was idle as well. So, she rushed forward when the man finally stood still for a second, all judgment now was not considered as she has forgotten to ensure where he would strike next. Her glaive in her hands, the blade pointed towards him, ready to run in cleanly through but if he manages to dodge her attack, she would at least trying to knock him off his feet with her own weight.

Stamina wasn’t her strongest suit when it came to a spar, it showed as she soon started to slow down with her movements. She could feel her throat drying and her tongue parched but she remained vigilant, her eyes reading into his. Soon her focus was drawn away from the fight as her peripheral vision now caught sight of a crowd now starting to gather. People started to drop their task for the moment and watch how one of their own was now running behind a stranger they had never seen before. Shock as many were as they knew Lilium to be a good fighter, impatient but a good combatant neither the less. Even Viras standing next to his father was holding his breath, he watches his sister made many mistakes but decided to say nothing till the fight had ended.

All waiting for first blood drawn but who’s will it be. The crowd was silent but only small whispers here and there commenting on the man itself.

“Who is that boy?”

The chieftain soon asked Jasper but his eyes never leaving his daughter.

Shehodori
It hurt to look at Beriadanwen. It hurt to see the distinct marks on her face, the shackles that clasped her wrists. It hurt to see her dragged up to the pedestal for a crime she had never even committed, a crime which he was certain she had not committed regardless of what the population said. Still, Shaegar forced himself to keep his gaze steady and level. He owed her the respect that she was due, and if he were to make this choice that would affect her for the rest of her life, he would do so looking at her directly. There were others present as well-Lady Noviyn, who may as well be watching a play for all the emotion she seemed to exhibit. Evelyn, who's expression was unreadable to him. Feledor, who appears older and sadder than ever and Draymont, positioned at his right, his face a mask.

Beriadanwen's words, despite the context, actually lended him strength to carry out the sentence. If she was able to withstand the beatings, the imprisonment, the loss of her honor and dignity, and still stand true and firm to her beliefs, then he was certain she'd be able to look out for herself. He had faith in her, and he wished he were in a situation where he could tell her that directly. Saying goodbye had never been something that Shaegar was very good at. When his mother had passed, he'd been too young to fully understand what was going on, only knew that his mother was very tired all the time. He'd been permitted to enter the room and see her after she'd passed. He could vividly recall the scent of the room, the sweet scent of illness that coated the walls and the sheets, and his mother, lying in bed and looking so small and pale and cold. He'd turned around and bolted back out of the room.

With Rowan, it had been much the same, only the former king had not wanted his son to speak to him before he'd passed on. Shae had only watched the casket being carried away deep into the forest circle, where all the former kings were returned to the Earth.

This goodbye wasn't as permanent as those ones, he knew, but it was the first thing his mind jumped to.

"Understand this," he began. "No longer are you a soldier of the Royal Guard. No longer are you welcome within the boundaries of Shehodorei. No longer are you considered our kin. By sundown tonight, you will be forbidden to re-enter the forest, under pain of death. Such is the consequence of your involvement."

Her crying was breaking his heart. He swallowed back a painful stitch in his throat, turning his gaze to observed the gathered court.

"Are there objections to this?"

A general murmur of consent began amidst the gathered crowd. He could tell there were those who were disappointed by the lack of bloodshed, but justice didn't need to rely on force in Shaegar's opinion. If you could call this justice at all.

"Then it is done."

And so it was.

Ekserma Desert
The balance was shifting in his favor, and this knowledge quickly became intoxicating as Asher noted his opponents tiredness, the swordplay growing sloppier as she struggled to keep up. He was getting tired, too-he could feel his muscled burning from the excursion-but he forced himself on, victory now nearly within his grasp. Swords clashed, and Asher stepped closer to Lilum as he began to become the aggressor in earnest, his tactics switching to a merciless offensive.

There was a small smile visible beneath Jasper's brown beard as he watched the young man fight, his own doubts and reservations slowly beginning to melt into relief and pride. He had doubts regarding Asher's match against the dragon-rider, but the even balance made him able to prove his worth affectively. His eyes raked over the witnesses. A few of the men from the ship were shouting encouragement, and the members of the tribe appeared flabbergasted at the turn of events. However, Jasper was quick to check his smugness when the Cheiftain addressed him directly.

"Asher, formally of Tarthen, sir." he replied in a murmur. "He's earned a trade alongside me as a sellsword since he was around thirteen. Very accomplished young man."

As though to prove his point, a great clash of metal became audible as, in a swift movement, Asher knocked the blade from Lilum's hand and fixed his sword beneath the curve of her jaw. Now that they were both standing still, it became obvious that he was tired, breathing hard and sweating. but there was a satisfied grin on his face as a small nick appeared on her jaw, after which he drew his blade back.

"Well fought," he said. "You're not so bad, you know."

Shehodorei

Just like that, the hammer was brought down onto her. No longer part of the royal army, no longer part of Shehodorei, no longer our kin, the words she never expected to hear so soon but now her reality. She looked up at Shaegar but she only turned her head towards the marble floors, she could see her tears now dripping off her jawline. Very soon after the King had ended the trial, Beriadanwen was led away by the guards, she too did not look at Shaegar as it was hard to even move her own limbs. Her thick curly hair covered her face, eating it whole and instead of wiping her tears away, she let them fall. She allowed it to wash away the anger she quietly kept away, allowing herself to start a new. A new life and a new journey, she tried to tell herself but when she had started crying, she found it hard to stop.

Many who had gathered for the trail were now shuffling out of the room, some against such easy punishment and some wanted to some thought it was fitting; however, neither thought she was innocent. The chatters soon died away as everyone went along their own path back to their quarters or to return home. Feledor soon made his way from the back as he followed from behind as the guards now took Beriadanwen back to where she was held, Messiah turned his head to see the elven man following them, even the black lion was sad to now have to part ways with those he had come to know.

Noviyn made her way for the door but not before stopping to face the King, she bowed her head slightly in respect but there was something in her smile spoke of other intentions. Her hair fashion into the traditional Blood Elven braid that fell perfectly down her back, her red dress, of course, was as grand as any noblewoman who was present today. But even with the fancy dresses and the way she acted, many were still not fooled by this woman, they would always and had considered her only a consort.

“My deepest sympathies, your majesty. It only breaks my heart to see my daughter was capable of such acts against you. Here I have thought you both were friends, but it seems now friends are not to be trusted, if I have known Beriadanwen would be capable of such, I would have left her by the forest clearing when she was baby.”

The woman’s words were spiteful, there was nothing about the way she carried herself now that indicated her worries and sorrows of her mother to her child. In the past, this woman had fallen for a human male but such love and lust were divided by their own blood as it was a sin for this woman to love a human. But being young and free, Noviyn never thought of the consequences that would bring, it threatened not only her own life but the man’s as well. They had plans, they wanted to run away to be together without any judgment but as soon as she was ready to spend the rest of her life with someone she loves, he disappeared without a trace. No letter or a word, the man vanished as though he had never existed, like a dream when she woke but Noviyn knew it was no dream as months later she had given birth to Beriadanwen. Bitter and filled with hatred now as the woman’s heart was beyond repair, left alone with a crying child, a reminder of someone who had changed her life.

“Your father would be proud.”

Noviyn said with a smile on her face, she looked at the young king, one who was supposed to be dead by now. There was also another way, and the next time, she will ensure he was ten feet under, even if she had to do it with her bare hands.

Once they reached the cellars, they had to forced Messiah into the cage once more but this time, they had to make Beriadanwen coax him to it. They knew the black lion was protective over the woman and neither of them wanted to lose their heads today.

“I’m sorry Messiah but I have to do this, I’ll be okay.”

She told him as she gave the lion a comforting hug before the cellar door closed, separating the two for a while. The guards took Beriadanwen into another location and Feledor made sure the woman was now being treated appropriately but even then, he felt sick to have to see someone so young having to go through what she was about too. He made sure she knows he was there not to humiliate her or as a commanding general but someone who was able to offer his support when she had no one.

“I will be over soon. All the times I’ve known you Beriadanwen, you have been a tough one to break through your training.”

He told her before having to strip her of her armor, one she will never wear again. As she removed the metal armor off her body, she left light and bare, naked almost. She had gotten used to the weight it had given her, the protection needed not from weapons but sharp tongues of those around her, it was her one thing that she was able to hide behind and now, she was open for all to see. All Beriadanwen was wearing was a thin linen shirt that did nothing for the icy cold of the cellars, the shirt hung loosely over her body as she started to shiver. She wasn’t sure if it was the cold or what came next, the guards along with Feledor led Beriadanwen to an empty room. They shackled her to a pillar with her hands above her head and her back towards them, and as one started to crack the whip, she started to panic in fear. But she bit her tongue from crying, you can not cry now, not now, not before or after. She reminded herself, she can not and will not show weakness.

As the first blow against her was bearable, as her shirt was protecting the leather against her flesh but the second time they whipped her again, it tore the delicate fabric of her shirt. It took the fifth time where Beriadanwen finally felt the sharp sting and each time after that the pain only got worse. As the leather whip licked against her skin, welts started to form and part of her translucent skin broke open, her blood soaking her clothes and her hair, staining it red. She cried out each time, whimpering in pain as she gripped tight against the metal chains. She felt her body shutting down due to the amount of shock and torment it was put under, she was unable to fell the flesh on her back as it was now brutally maimed with each stroke of the whip. Each time she thought it was going to be the last, another came just as fast, tears now forcing through and her head rested against the wooden pillar, she gritted her teeth as he muscles tensed.

Feledor had to turn away from the sight of it, he had seen those who were lashed and he had lashed a few prisoners in his time but neither occasions ever brought him joy. He could hear Beriadanwen’s cries of agony but he was unable to do anything but count them mentally in his head. In the background, Messiah was not having the easiest time either as he too could hear Beriadanwen from where he was placed. Anger overcame him as he started to growl loudly, he wanted to wait no longer. Feledor felt heaviness in his mind as the woman soon started to lower her voice, turning back to look if it was over but to his horror, they were still lashing the woman. He wasn’t sure if she was alive or the pain had overcome her to the point she felt nothing, only numbness of the body, he walked over to the front, checking to see if Beriadanwen was still breathing. He sighed with relief when he watched the woman’s shallow breath escape as fog through her lips but her eyes were closed, leaving him unsure if she was conscious or not.

Once it was over, the two guards were dismissed by Feledor as he quickly unshackled Beriadanwen and threw another layer of fabric over her open wounds, the blood soaked into the fresh linen faster than he could stop it.

“Beriadanwen? Are you still with me?”

He questioned as he placed a very soft hand over her shoulders, shaking her. Beriadanwen opened her eyes to look at him, her face drained of color and lips almost as white as her skin. Feledor caught Beriadanwen just in time before she fell to the floors, he threw her over his shoulders and made his way out of the cold blood stenched place. He ordered for Messiah to be released at once as he carried Beriadanwen all the way back to her room. The King said by nightfall and she had time to heal slightly before needing to leave, he ignored the stares and looks as he walked passed the servants and guards, drops of blood trailing along behind him.

“Don’t worry child, you’ll need rest before leaving.”

He said as he thanked the gods that she was still alive. Death for an accused suspect was never the right punishment in his opinion but there were those who thought different within these palace walls.

Feledor passed Evelyn on the way, the woman stared with her pale blue eyes wide, she did not think such would have left the woman in a cruel state. Her hand over her mouth, having to cover her shock but she followed behind, making sure to avoid the blood that was on the floor now from staining her blue dress. When they have gotten into Beriadanwen’s room, Feledor placed the woman on her bed, making sure she was face down and her open wounds untouched. Evelyn now making her presence known, made her way towards the woman, closely inspecting the woman’s injuries before placing her hand over it, hovering in the air slightly.

Ice soon started to leave a frost over the woman’s skin, a tint of pale blue like her eyes covered the woman’s wounds, stopping the blood as well as healing it over time.

“I can not do this for long, I have no power too but I hope it’s enough to stop the blood.”

Evelyn spoke in a gentle voice, she felt her head slowly go light, she felt her own power draining from her when she was trying to heal this woman with her ice. But her people were know to be the weakest of all the elven kind, their powers were those of novices but even trying to attempt something like this took too much energy out of them.

“Anything now would be a help.”

Feledor said as he watched Messiah trying to get a response from Beriadanwen but the woman was now lying in her bed, her eyes closed again as the pain exhausted her. She could feel the burn and the throbbing wounds but when a layer of something solid cooled her back, there was a slight relief. The Snow Elf soon pulled her hand away, she wasn’t able to do much more as she had drained most of her powers for now but she did what she could for the woman she barely knew.

Ekserma Desert

How? Was the question many were asking, even Lilium herself was bewildered by the defeat. She felt the small sting of the man’s blade against her jaw, the small trickle of red ran down her neck. Viras stared with his jaw hanging open and the chieftain only nodded with acknowledgment of his child’s defeat. Lilium stood unmoving as she now faced the man who was able to outmatch her, she did not flinch or move when his weapon sliced slightly through her skin. All she did was stared coldly at him as he did as her hand clenched tightly. She felt embarrassed, she could hear the shock murmurs from her people and the cheers from the sailors, and her jaw tightened.

“I see, Asher, if a fine warrior and you have earned the respect you ask for.”

The chieftain spoke to Jasper directly.

“You may choose who you wish to take back with you, but if you do choose any of my children, I do expect them to return. Unharmed.”

The chieftain warned before inviting the elder man into his tents and away from the sun. The hostility soon evaporated into the air and the dragon riders went back about their day. Lilium however, kept her hostile attitude towards Asher, she said nothing to him in return as she went to pick her weapon from the ground and walked away. She disappeared into her tent, sulking in defeat as she did not understand what had just unfolded. How was he able to beat me? None of his kind ever did before. Was he right? Was this the first? She thought back on the man’s words, he had cursed her.

Viras was the one who approached the man with a smile, one that was dangerous and unknowing to many. The dragons too soon went back to their nest, leaving Asher alone for once after witnessing the death of one of the masters.

“That was a fine display. You of all people managed to overpower my sister, you have left me impressed. I might have to take my words back about you.”

Viras acknowledge the man’s victory but he knew, Lilium will not be an easy person to be around with for a time being. The one thing he knew about Lilium, she was not a very good loser, he could now already see the many ways she was going to get back at the man. But either way, it would be entertaining to watch for Viras.

“I heard you hail from a Tarthen? Is that your king?”

Viras now questioned with curiosity. If they were going to now have to fight for someone else, he wanted to know more about this king and his intentions.

“Why come to us when you can go to the orcs? I heard they have warriors just as capable.”

'Your father would be proud.'

Then I really have failed, Shaegar thought to himself, even as his expression remained totally devoid of feeling. He had made it so far without really betraying the turmoil he was going through, but he knew he wouldn't be able to keep that facade up for very long. Already, his hands were beginning to shake as he sat and waited for the crowd to depart. He forced himself to take a deep breath. He didn't have the luxury to break down and cry like a small child, people were relying on him to stand firm in the face of this sentence.

"Your majesty-a word?"

Wearily, Shaegar braced himself and turned to dress whoever now demanded his attention-but his stoic nature faltered upon realizing that the speaker was his very own relative.

Lennox, his mother's elder sister, looked distinctly like Shaegar, from the dark hair to the expression of quite observation. There was a slightly mischievous glint in her eyes that was still present even after facing many years of hardship in the past, evident by the small scar along her cheek. For a moment, Shae wanted nothing but to go over and bury his face in her shoulder, the way he'd sone when he was small. But there were other things to think of.

"Of course," he replied, his voice deceptively level.

The two made their way to a separate area, Lennox shutting the door behind them. For a moment, she turned to regard her nephew, sorrow evident in her eyes. She'd been away on trade negotiations for a week, and for a moment Shaegar was surprised she hadn't come to say hello earlier, before all the insanity of the past few hours explained that she wouldn't have been able to.

Lennox folded her arms, still staring at him. "You look," she finally said, "Ten times older than you did when I left, little bird."

That did it. All at once, the emotions Shaegar had kept under wraps boiled to the surface, and his vision became blurred and hot. A loud sniff left him as he raised a hand to his face, and Lennox needed neither permission nor further prompting to step forward and wrap her arms around him in a tight hug.

The two stood there for several more moments, saying nothing at all. Eventually, Shae made himself stop crying, withdrawing from his aunt's arms and feeling incredibly embarrassed about the whole situation.

"She's never going to forgive me for this," he managed, drawing his sleeve across his eyes.

"You did what you had to do," Lennox replied.

"I hate it."

"Most people do." A small, sad smile appeared on her face as she reached out to place a firm hand on his shoulder. "It's only that, the higher your status is, the harder it gets to do what needs to be done. Your friend is a sturdy girl. She'll survive."

He cleared his throat, gathering his composure once again. "Somebody tried to kill me. Did you hear?"

Her expression darkened. "That I did. And you'd best believe it took about three of your guards to stop me from smashing down your door to see if you were alright. Keeping me from my own kindred-can you imagine? What sort of times do we live in now.." Lennox mused, shaking her head.

The answer to that, of course, was simple. "Dark ones," Shaegar replied.

Ekserma Desert
His muscles now feeling the present soreness that always followed a good sparring match, Asher sheathed his weapon and watching with faint amusement as the girl stalked her way back to the tent, appearing bitter and angry. There was no need to be such a sore loser-she'd fought exceptionally well, and Asher had just barely been able to win. Still, he wasn't about to follow her. Something told him he'd wind up as a delicious snack to that dragon of hers if he did. A few of their fellow sailors came over to offer congratulations, which Asher received with a grin. Even Jasper appeared proud of him-it was rare that his mentor didn't look perpetually weary of Asher's antics.

Jasper gave a courteous bow to the Cheiftain, now looking over the rest of the dragon riders strategically. His first inclination would be to take both the children-they appeared the strongest, the most promising. But would he be able to guarantee their safety? War was a tricky thing, and the unexpected often came to pass. He followed as bidden into the main tent, grateful to be out of the hot sun. "King Elias promised that your people would be one of the things to ensure our victory. I can see now that he was right," Jasper said. "Both your children have some skill with a blade."

Asher, meanwhile, was a little surprised to see the other white-haired fellow approaching him, but turned to acknowledge him anyway. Thankfully, Viras didn't appear sore or angry, which was a relief. He gave a small shrug in response. "I fare alright, most of the time," he replied with a rooked grin.

The next question required...A bit of explanation. "Technically, yes. I was born there. I don't have any true allegiance to Elias at the moment, not since I was banished from Tarthen. But, he's paying me the most. I go where the coins are." He explained. "And I'd imagine he thinks your folk easier to deal with than the orcs. We don't have the best of relationships with them at the moment."

Shehodorei

Beriadanwen had woken up by the late afternoon, she groaned as she pulled herself up from her bed, her back still on fire from the lashing. It wasn’t the blood that soaked her clothes but her own sweat that did now, she turned to look to her right to find Messiah sleeping comfortably on the bed. And not wanting to wake him, she slowly stood up, her muscles tensed once more as she did as the slightest movement caused a wave of pain running through her body. Her steps were light as she made herself to the fireplace which was already burning, she did not remember starting a fire before, she couldn't have because she barely remembered how she even got to her room. She shook the thought away as she was grateful to whoever had done, she collapsed to her knees right in front as her eyes watched the flames, warming her body as she now removed her soaked clothes.

The mirror to the left showed the many deep wounds on her flesh as she turned her head towards it, she wanted to know the damaged she had gotten and she was not surprised. Such wounds would leave scars that she will be forced to live with for the rest of her life but even such a thought wasn’t her concern. Her only concern now was having to leave the palace and Shehodorei for good, to never return. The thought of it hit her once more, and tears again started to fall as she cursed herself for crying. Beriadanwen removed her tattered shirt before ripping the fabric into pieces of shreds before binding it around her torso, covering her fresh wounds as the woman cried silently to herself.

Once most of her upper body was covered, she slowly made her way towards where her clothes were kept, she flinched as she took each step, even her legs felt like pins and needles. But time was something she did not have and she needed to leave very soon, she pulled out a green tunic that was long tucked away, a pair she had never worn in a while but it will do for now. As she got dressed and the dried blood cleaned from her hair, there was a knock on the door, I’m surprised anyone would want to see me now, she thought as she was making her way to the doors. When she pulled the door open, it was no one other than Feledor with the weapons that were taken from her. The two stared at each other for a moment before the older man cleared his throat.

“I thought you might want this with you.”

He said as he now handed the woman her bow and quiver.

“Also, I think this belongs to you.”

He pulled out the black and gold dagger that was once her father’s. With a small smile and a sad expression, she took the weapons in her hands.

“Thank you Feledor, for everything and more. You have been more than a parent to me than my mother will ever be.”

Beriadanwen said leaving the man speechless. There was nothing more to exchange between the two other than goodbyes, both now standing by the doorway quietly.

“You look after yourself out there, Beriadanwen.”

He said before walking away, it was the easiest thing to do for now. Beriadanwen watched the man till he disappeared down the hall leaving her alone once more.

Beriadanwen strapped her bow and quiver to her back before placing the dagger in her left boot.

“Time to go, Messiah.”

She called for the black lion who seemed to be awake but reluctant to leave.

“You’re still hurt.”

He said; Beriadanwen knew that lying will not help but she knew regardless of how much pain she was in, they still needed to leave.

“I’ll be fine. Come on, it’s almost sundown.”

She wasn’t going to argue anymore as she stepped out of the room that she had been living in for the many years. She did not turn back once to give it a last look, it was hard for her to do so. Beriadanwen forced her way out of the palace gates, she made no eye contact with anyone, she spoke no words to those who passed her. All she wanted was to leave this place as quickly as possible.

“Are you not going to say goodbye to him?”

Messiah question as they were now reaching the gates that were open for them. The woman had been quiet and he could tell this departure had hit the woman harder than anyone could have, especially from the King himself.

“No.”

Was her only response once the two were out in the forest, the gates now closed shut behind them with the sound of the lock latching in place. And it was then it made the woman stopped in her tracks, those gates now will never open of her, she was nothing more than what they have all expected of her. She turned her head towards the city the once called home, grief in her eyes but there were no tears this time, there were none left she could offer.

“If it did say goodbye, I fear I may not want to leave.”

She finally spoke as her eyes traveled to where the palace was located. Her thoughts now go to Shaegar, hoping he would understand why she needed to leave without another word. She would never blame him for this decision, she knew he had to do what he must as a King. All she could hope now he would be safe and her only regret was not telling him what she wanted for so long. She forced herself to turn away, her feet felt heavy as she walked towards the small open roads the lead to the clearing.

“Where are we going now?”

Messiah said since they had no home to return too and the world now open to them to venture as they please.

“The North.”

Beriadanwen said. The woman did not pick that continent out of whim but there was an objective to her decision. From the many blacksmiths, she had asked about the dagger she was given, many said they haven’t seen anything like it before. Even the ore and metal used to make the dagger was foreign to East, and each of them had pointed to the direction of the north, a place where many strange weapons were forged.

Noviyn watched from her window as her daughter left the palace grounds, she never did say goodbye or wanted too as she was only happy to see the one burden she had finally gone.

“What an interesting day it is.”

She spoke as she now turned to look at Hanna who was standing to the side with her head hung low.

“To think you would have been hunged if they found out you were the one who had placed the vial in the poor woman’s room. Aren’t you grateful?”

She said with a small laugh in her voice. Noviyn soon made her way closer towards the woman and this time she had a small piece of parchment in her hands.

“I want you to get me whatever is written in this paper. This time I’ll make sure the King does not breath to see the next sunrise.”

She reached over to grab the handmaiden by the wrist and placed the paper in her palms. Hanna only obeyed her mistress's orders but there was something in her heart that told her she was close to being beheaded today. And if she continues on with Noviyn’s attics, there is no saying it might be her next that would get the lashings. The woman’s moral soon ate away at her conscious but she said nothing as she gave the woman a small bow before running out of the room.

Ekserma Desert

“To think our little sister had lost to a foreign man”

A taunting voice spoke in Lilium’s tent as the woman was laying face-first into her makeshift bed.

“Not to mention, have you seen him. A handsome one he is.”

Another voice spoke with a small giggle. Lilium only rolled her eyes at her sisters, why they were here taunting her after a loss, she will never know but also not surprised that they would do such a thing.

“Don’t you have your own tents to do this in? Why are you here?”

Lilium now lifted her head and glared at her two older sisters who looked similar to her expect they both were twins and of a different mother. They both shared long raven locks but the same brown eyes as Lilium, the two now gloat amongst themselves, seeing how the younger woman reacted.

“But where would the fun be?”

They both spoke in unison with a small laugh. Another roll of Lilium’s eyes was present as she did not care for it the slightest. It was bad enough she had lost and worst that the sailors would now remain in their camp till they have chosen who to take with them.

“Don’t worry Lilium. Everyone loses once and a while, you can not win everything”

Nyteth said with a more comforting tone in her voice.

“But not to a foreigner.”

Nilaste said before bursting out in a laugh which soon got under Lilium’s skin further.

“Get out! Both of you.”

Lilium yelled as she was close to physically throwing the twins out but luckily for them, she was god awfully tired to do so. Those outside the woman’s tent seemed to have heard her scream, they weren’t sure if they should interject or leave it be but decided a wiser choice to go back to their own business.

Viras took the man’s answer to banishment fairly seriously, his frowned slightly as the thought. Why was he still working for the king is he was banished? He asked himself as he might have gotten it wrong the meaning of banishment wrong. He considered his words carefully, he wasn’t sure if these people might do things differently from them.

“Banished? If you were why do you fight for a Kingdom who will never have your back? And if you do only fight for a coin, where does your loyalty lay? How would we know you are as good as you say you are?”

Viras’ questions were asked not because of spite but of unfeigned interest. There were many things he would like to know and living out in a desert was hard for him to even gain such knowledge, it was things like these he had to rely on someone else.

“A man of goal is no man at all or is what my father tells us.”

Viras spoke as his head now turned towards the commotion that arose between his three sisters, even from where he stood, he could hear them. He only gave his head an amused shake.

The chieftain offered Jasper watered if he wanted it before taking a seat on the floor that was covered with horse skin.

“A fine man you have by your side.”

The chieftain spoke as he drank from a cup made of clay. Even with the little he had in his tent, the man had a presence about him, something that earned the respect of others around him. A fair leader he was and even with strangers, he would always give them the benefit of a doubt as to him, there was always something these people wanted from them.

“My children are skilled, you are correct. My wives and I trained them ourselves and expect nothing less but...they are so also stupid as they are young. Might you understand as you were once their age in the past. My daughter, you have seen has now patients, might be one of her weaknesses, my son, gets easily distracted with other things to have his full attention to anything. The rest of my children, well, you might eventually find out yourself.”

He spoke of his children, though he loves each and every one of them, he was unable to fully mold them into perfect shapes. Nothing about his own offsprings were perfect which was what made each of them unique to their own, all having their own mind and all allowed to voice their own thoughts.

“I want those you take with you returned in the form they have left, I want the dragons unharmed and in one piece after the war, as you have heard what men like you tend to do with them. They are not your sport to hunt but beasts to be able to roam the world freely as they choose. For many years my people have protected and bred such creatures to only have men hunt them down like animals, soon the world would be eradicated of them. The cycle tipped where it should not be. I do not seek for gold or glory, Asher has earned you what you ask for but I ask in return stands. My people free of bonds and safe from harm.”

He repeated his words making sure Jasper understood their agreement. His eyes now watching the man’s face, reading his expression as he waited for a response before his daughters started screaming outside. To him, it was normal and a daily routine of theirs.

Ekserma Desert
High and mighty words, maybe, but the sense of morality was lost on Asher, who dismissed this concern with a light shrug. "I'm plenty man," he replied craftily. "Trust me." He knew his code didn't exactly match up with everyone else, but Asher had learned long ago that loyalty did not by any means guarantee that the subject of that loyalty might not decide to honor that pledge. At least money was a set arrangement. One certain amount, to be coughed up at the success of the endeavor. No complicated bonds to deal with. It was clear that Viren's opinion of him had soured a bit, but that didn't really concern Asher. He wasn't here to get people to like him.

"Besides," he added. "I'm pretty damn good. You just saw proof of that."

Jasper, meanwhile, gratefully accepted the water, forcing himself to take slow sips rather than gulp all of it down at once. The chieftain was a far more reasonable man than the King had outlined, though Jasper was unsure exactly how he was supposed to guarantee the personal safety of every single soldier he took along with him. "I hope you understand," Jasper began, taking a cross-legged seat on the ground before the other man. "That war is an unpredictable thing. I can hardly account for the safety of my own men, let alone yours. This is something I need to be honest with you about. Now, I can promise you that I, personally, will do whatever I can to defend them, but this may not be enough."

Jasper took another long drink.

"But," he added, "No one will touch your dragons. Of that, you can be absolutely sure. My men are all terrified of them." he added, with a glint of amusement in his eyes. "But, after this conflict is resolved, I will speak to King Ellias of having an official law passed regarding the protection of your animals. He is a reasonable man. He would be willing to give that in exchange, I'm sure."

"This being said, I would like to take your son and daughter with me. The two we met today, if I have your permission."

Ekserma Desert

A laugh came from Viras as Asher spoke, he looked the man over again which was clear to him they both had different meaning and understanding of loyalty, especially how each of them was treated by their leaders. He crossed his arms over his broad chest with the same smirk on his face.

“Plenty man? I am sure the ladies would agree. However, you had luck on your side today, your stamina just so ran longer than Lilium’s and maybe your patients as well. I wouldn’t try it again the next time.”

Viras said before turning his head towards the camp, the people already forgetting the match and all returning to their daily lives. Slaughtering horses, sparing with one another and ensuring the eggs are all secure within the ring of fire. The dragons now retiring for the day in their nest close towards the camp, some burrowed themselves into the ground while others rested on low rising rocks. Turning to look at Lilium’s dragon peacefully sitting by herself, for once the beast looked at harmless as a house cat, and his turquoise eyes soon turned to face Asher again.

“Say, have you seen a dragon up close before? How about touch one? They are fairly harmless.”

Viras asked mischievously as Echo made her way towards the two older men. Her brown eyes looked up at Asher with many questions but she wasn’t sure what to make of him after watching her sister’s defeat, she held the small blue whelp in her arms as it was screeching softly.

“Isn’t dragons-...”

And before the child could finish her sentence, Viras had to cover her mouth as he continues to smile at Asher.

“Don’t worry, Asher is it. I promise they won’t bite, dragons are only curious as we are about them. Who knows, you might enjoy their company.”

Viras spoke quickly with the smile remaining on his face.

The chieftain turned to look at Jasper with a serious expression, both my children? He thought, maybe one but both? He considered this decision carefully, he knew the risk of war but was his willingness to risk both children. Yet, all his children had dragons and most are able to fend for themselves and proud warriors of their clan, there should be no doubt they would return home safely.

“I do not object to your decision but it is those you pick a decision of their own. I understand you are not fully responsible for their well being but note this, I will place blame on someone if they are harmed, just as any concerning parent would.”

He spoke, his voice was a rumbling low as he did. He took a drink of water from his own cup before his eyes faced the outside where his people were.

“Your men should be terrified, such creatures are not easily acquired. Those of my forefathers have lost their lives taming such a beast and for your people to only see them as gold, those who have died have been in vain. This King you speak off, I hope your trust in him is worth the lives of my two children.”

His eyes now staring right into Jasper’s. His words spoke of mistrust in a man who he had never met or will ever meet but a fair fight has been won. He will not go back on his words now.

Once Lilium has calmed down, she made her way out of her tent to where the rest of the people were, she made her way towards her mother who was busy hand weaving patterns into cloth. As she noticed Lilium making her way towards her, there was a smile on her face.

“A loss is a loss, you can only grow stronger from it.”

The older woman spoke as she moved slightly for Lilium to sit next to her. Lilium still with a sullen expression sat beside her mother, there was an angry sign that escaped her when her eyes now fell towards where Viras was still speaking to the man.

“I haven’t lost since.”

Lilium said sharply which only led her mother to smile at her daughter’s remark.

“You are young, there are many more losses you will have to see till you reach my age.”

Lilium only turned her head to look at her mother, her white hair falling off her shoulders as she did. The younger woman said nothing as she watched her mother carefully weave the fabric so naturally, as a child and even now, she did not understand how her mother had so much patience to do it. Maybe it won’t hurt to have a little bit of some, she thought to herself.

“It also won’t hurt to be nice. As it is, many do not have the very best impression of our kind.”

Lilium’s mother said as though she knew what her daughter was thinking. The older woman did not need to look at her daughter as she spoke as her hands continued to work at its own phase.

Tarthen

Beriadanwen had managed to snuck her way into the Kingdom of Tarthen, she had her hood over her head for most of her time within the Kingdom’s capital, hiding her elongated ears from prying eyes. For the most part, Beriadanwen looked as human as the rest of those walking the city streets, no one gave her a second thought which surprised the woman. She remembered even walking the streets in Shehodorei, there would be whispers she would catch from many, some enquiring about who she was while others were slightly more devious. She was used to such back then but now, blending in with the humans and being considered one of their own, it was entirely new, something she felt at ease with for an odd reason.

“I could get used to this”

She said with an upbeat tone for once since she had left the clearing. Each time away from Shehodorei was hard, not because of her wounds that still hurt but from the feeling of being lost without a home to return too. To lose everything in a day and to lose a connection with another once more. Tears forced to show itself but the woman managed to harden herself towards it, fighting the urge to cry. But now, as she sat in the tavern that was starting to fill with patrons for the night, a pitcher of ale in her hands, she felt at ease, even may it be in enemy territory. Are they my enemy? She played with the thought in her mind since she was no longer part of Shehodorei, her business and fight did not linger between the two Kingdoms. But even so, she will not betray Shaegar in any means.

“I do not”

Messiah said as he was laying in the wooden floors, one where he could smell the rot of years from it. He did not feel the comfort of the humans like Beriadanwen did, he did not enjoy the eyes watching him each time he crossed paths with a human. And here it was a constant thing as many had never seen such an animal as he is before, even he himself has not seen one such as himself before and just like Beriadanwen, he was curious to know where he had come from.

Beriadanwen smiled lightly at Messiah before patting his head gently from where she sat, she had made sure to choose a table at the far corners of the tavern in hopes to draw away the attention from Messiah. They did not need suspicion to arise within the duration of their stay, by nightfall, the two left the comfort of the tavern and back to the streets. Beriadanwen pulled her hood forward more than it already is, to secure her ears away as they walked casually towards the docks where a ship was about to leave for the North. When they had arrived in the Kingdom during daylight, Beriadanwen’s first thought was to ensure that a ship was making its way back out to the north, she had a few coins to pay for a small space on board.

When they have arrived, Beriadanwen made her way to the man in charge as she dropped a bag of coins in his hand before being allowed onboard.

“You keep that thing away from the food, you hear me las?”

His voice was loud but she also could hear the exhaustion in his voice, the lines on his face spoke of the endless hours at sea he had spent but there was excitement in Beriadanwen’s green eyes. She had never crossed the ocean before and now she was, like a child, she was keen to see things she never had and the wonderment struck her what was there beyond the eastern shores. But once the anchor had lifted and the sails were dropped, watched as the east slowly fade into the distance, she felt as though she was leaving behind plenty. Her thoughts go to Shaegar, hoping he would be alright and she hoped he would find something to smile upon soon but even now, she already misses him.

“Hello, young lady. I hope you could spare the time for an old man and his words.”

A cloaked figure soon stepped into the moonlight behind both Beriadanwen and Messiah. He removed his hood to reveal a bald man with black veins running through his entire body, his skin was as white as fresh parchment and the dark aura he had was enough to make the hairs on Beriadanwen’s neck stand to attention.

Shehodorei

Hanna had managed to weasel her way back into the palace grounds after she had slipped out unnoticed when everyone was asleep. She had made her way to where Noviyn had told her to go to acquire a dagger from a figure cloaked in all black waiting for her by the city gates. Who it was, she did not know nor she would ask as the ominous feeling of the figure had given her was enough to scare her away. Even the dagger she held in her hand felt strange like there was a dark presence embedded into the blade itself, the looks of the dagger were not something one would see every day.

It was made purely in black, even the blade was black but it had a skull carved into it, something about it made Hanna's stomach turn. It physically made her sick and she could not wait to be rid of it soon enough, why Noviyn wanted it was only for many to guess, but she would assume it would be used to murder the king. But why such a weapon? She could also feel the strange power seeping through and into her flesh, causing the handmaiden to crave it more as being a Blood Elf, it was only in her nature to fear power as well as desire it. No, I must not, Hanna kept telling herself each time such thoughts arise in her mind. She knew the consequences if she fell victim to power, she has heard the madness it drove some Blood Elves into causing not only themselves to fall ill with insanity but to be deformed through physical appearance as well.

Such a thought scared the young handmaiden as it was her one reason to ensure to suppress the addiction her people were prone too through multiple generations. As her feet made small patters down the empty dark halls, all she could hope was not run into a guard carrying such a weapon on her.

Noviyn had sent another letter out to King Elias, she had informed him of a Necromancer who she had been in touched with for many years. One who traveled the world offering his “services” to those of noblemen and women, a man who hid with the shadows of the earth and sleep with the dead for the dead was his only company. However, Noviyn did not know the extent of this man's powers as she approached him carefully in the dark streets of Shehodorei, how he had managed to find an entrance to such a secure Kingdom only led her to think he was capable of much more than what he shows.

A man who was difficult to find and only appear at his whims and fancies but Noviyn had been one of his most valued customers as the woman had many secrets and the many bodies she had buried in her closet. Was she afraid of him? No, when was Noviyn ever afraid of kissing death so close, one might think the woman dabbled in necromancy as well but the woman was smarter. She knew the effects of necromancy, the dark arts of the underworld, she knew such magic was impossible to hide and so, she needed alternate ways to access such. This woman who was sitting by her desk now would do anything from sacrificing her own child to murder to get what she wanted, and now, she knew with the dagger, the king was not going to escape her clutches this time.

Ekserma Dessert
Viras was going from cordial to smug rather quickly, and though typically Asher would be annoyed by this attitude, he was currently too satisfied with the outcome of the sparring match (and a bit too tired) to really pursue an argument. The man simply shrugged, drawing the back of his hand across his forehead, which was still damp with sweat.

"I won't be sparring her again until I've had a rest. Speaking of, what do you all have to drink around here? I've heard the liquor is stronger across the sea."

His inquiry about the drinking seemed to go unnoticed at least for the time being, probably because a little girl was approaching them. Asher looked over the child and, perhaps unexpectedly, his expression softened into a smile, his thoughts drifting unbidden to his home, where he hadn't stepped foot in years. His littlest sister was about her age when he'd left, and was probably almost a young woman by now. Little Angelica might be married, even, and Rickon? Rickon had only been a toddler, wouldn't he be around twelve?

He swallowed and set the thoughts aside for now. It couldn't be helped. The king had been strict in his rules.

His laugh was a bit nervous in response to Viras's mention of dragons. He was more inclined to trust the girl than he was her brother. "I'm perfectly happy admiring them from afar," Asher replied. "Although, I don't mind the small ones so much."

He knelt carefully before Echo, holding out one hand with a friendly smile. "I don't think we've been introduced. I'm Asher."

Perhaps he was asking too much-Jasper's brow creased in thought. "I have been instructed to bring at least two back to Tarthen. If you have a better recommendation, sir, feel free to give it. I know how painful the prospect of losing a child can be." For a moment, his eyes seemed rather distant before he returned to the present moment.

The dragon folk had so often been described as vicious and bestial, but the more time Jasper was spending talking with the Cheiftain, the less he felt inclined to believe that was the case. If anything, they weren't any worse than some of the men in Tarthen.

Tarthen
Asher had been nearly right-Rickon had just passed his thirteenth birthday.

The boys' boots just barely managed to touch the floor of the deck from where he was sitting on his stool, but he was too engrossed in his meal to pay much mind to it. His family wasn't particularly wealthy, but they weren't badly off, either-Asher had been in the runnings for the Royal Guard before he'd been sent away, and his father was very well thought of by the court. His mother, too, was a woman of good standing, with his older sister serving as a handmaiden in the castle itself. They lived comfortable, not in splendor, but certainly not destitute. Enough to afford a meal out once in a while.

He hadn't come alone-Angelica had been given a rare weekend off, and had meet Rickon in town just earlier that afternoon. Currently, she was savoring a drink of wine in the stool next to him, and offered him a fond smile, her hand reaching up to ruffle his brown curls.

"Don't eat too fast," she warned. "You'll be sick."

"I haven't been sick yet," he pointed out through a mouthful of bread.

"We have a few more days of sailing left. You will be."

The boy didn't seem to take her words to heart-his next sentence was totally unrelated.

"D'you think the lady will let me pet her lion if I asked?"

"No." Angelica replied firmly. "We don't go near strange people with strange pets, Rickon. It isn't going to happen."

"You aren't any fun." Rickon pouted. "Besides, if something happened, you could just do your fancy tricks on me and-"

"Shh." His sister hissed, green eyes darting about wildly. "Gods, Rickon! Say it a little louder next time, why don't you?"

"I didn't mean it," he replied with a scowl. Angelica shook her head in exasperation.

"I'm going for some air."

Going above deck appeared to be a mistake, however, as the air felt cold as soon as she stepped out. And to top it off, another incredibly strange looking person was in the process of confronting the first strange looking person. Did all strange looking people know each other? Was that a mean thing to guess at?

Angelica was already tired.

Ekserma Desert

The chieftain only mumbled something under his breath, it was him trying to gather his thoughts towards the decisions that were laid out in front of him. To send his children would be good for his people if they secure victories but also running the risk to have them return to him, as an unmoving body was something he will not gamble away. But it was up to his children to make such a decision alone, they were not toddlers any longer, they were grown adults able to start a clan of their own and to make a simple decision.

“The choices you made were wise and to recommend another would be an insult to their abilities. You have my permission to set sail with my children.”

His words were short and his tone firm as he now stood up from the ground to make his way out of the tent. Jasper’s small silence did not go unnoticed to him, he could tell the man had his own baggage to carry as do them all but for now, he will remain quiet till a later time. What the man was hiding must be something he did not wish to recollect if he had not said anything.

“Why don’t we go ask them yourself. Maybe you would like to get an idea who will be fighting at your side.”

He would now lead Jasper to the one that was the closest if the man followed. He walked up towards where one of his wives was sitting alongside Lilium, he could tell his daughter was still shaken and sour from earlier but he paid no mind.

“Lilium.”

All he needed was to call her name and the woman quickly got to her feet with no questions asked. They may be nomads and to many savages, for they do conform to regular society lifestyle but they do have the discipline of any soldier. However, that was only for this clan, as for the many other dragon riders camp, he would not be quick to speak for them. He ensured all his children were able to wield a weapon, they are able to think quick on their feet, and all would have a dragon beside them in hopes to lead them down the right path, one that led away from corruption and greed.

“This man here wants you to fight along side him and his army for a king. Will you accept such a decision?”

He questioned her. For awhile, Lilium thought this was a joke, a mockery being played on her for her defeat but looking between the two, she had to contemplate an answer. Why would they still want me after a loss? She thought but saying was not an option, especially when the question was asked by the chieftain himself. Though many were afraid to answer the chieftain with the answer “No” but they always complied with his wishes out of respect. In such a life as a nomad, their leaders were always picked by the people and never was it passed down from one generation to another. This was to ensure an honorable and fair judgment to lead them in the right direction, it was a simple task for simple people.

“Yes.”

Lilium said with greeted teeth. There was no smile on her face to her choice but she wanted to do this to regain her own respect after losing to them. It was something that she would be able to show she wasn’t as weak as she seemed to be.

With how Lilium was so quick to answer, her mother stopped what she was doing to look up at them.

“Are you sending my daughter to her death?”

The older woman said as she now stood up as well. For an older woman, her body was still well toned with muscles, her hair was a deep brown as her eyes now piercing towards her husband as she looked very opposed to the thought of her only child being thrown into bloodshed.

“Khafiz, what is the meaning of this? And why haven’t you ask for my permission beforehand?”

She turned to look at Lilium now with the same frowning expression of disapproval.

“Lilium is old enough to make a decision on her own without her mother getting in the way. I am not one to make it for her so, there is nothing to speak about, Nigara.”

Khafiz spoke politely to her as he did not want an uproar this woman was able to stir. Nigara soon relaxed as she knew her child was no longer the shy girl that hid behind her daily, but she could not help needing to always be her mother. Without another word, Nigara went back to her cloth weaving before nodding towards both her husband and Lilium.

“Where is your brother, Viras?”

Khafiz asked and was pointed towards the direction of where they were earlier. He soon made his way towards them with his eyes now following where Asher stood with his youngest.

Echo smiled at Asher as she shook his hand as hers was much smaller in his. Her eyes lit up with excitement and so was the baby dragon in her arms as it started to flapped its wings wildly. It sniffed gently at the man’s hand, a new scent it had not smelled before. The child lifted her small dragon to the man’s face with a wide smile that matched Viras’ though hers was more of childlike innocense than mischief.

“His name is Charod.”

Echo said with a smile as she was excited as any child having found her dragon. And unlike the many dragons that circled them today, this one seemed friendlier. Whether may it still be a baby before growing into its aggression.

Viras stood close watching the man interact with his sister but said nothing of it for a while as the child had not run screaming from him. Though the mention of alcohol made Viras chuckled lightly as they do not need such rough fluids in their system when the weather and conditions they had to survive in and not to mention needing to ensure full focus when dealing with a dragon.

“I think you’re far from any sorts of those here. Only you what you are looking for in the cities. We like staying lucid before our own dragons take a bite at us. Though we may be their masters, we are not fully in control of what they think and might do.”

Viras spoke as he knew the cities in the south carried more than what they had. He had soo been within the cities walls a few times during his turn to hunt for food, he would slip away from the bare lands and ride to one of the closest cities to them. It was where he had learned many things of foreign lands from those who sailed from across the ocean, yet he kept such to himself as he knew his father would disapprove.

“Too tired huh? Well, such a pity cause here is your chance.”

He turned to look at the direction his father was coming from, with Lilium close behind. The woman still did not look too happy with these men here and the closer she got towards them, her frown got more prominent. Echo turned to look as her father approached, her eyes widen with joy now seeing them as a child of her age will never see anything more than what it was.

Off the Shores of Tarthen

Beriadanwen turned in an instant as she heard the voice but it was not the man’s voice that made her want to look at him in the face, it was forbidding feeling that suddenly shot up her spine. A feeling she had a remembrance of from a while back. She had seen her mother deal with this man before, for what reason, she was never told but she knew it was never for something good. However, she had no reason to dislike the man as they never had an interaction till now, and when she had seen this man, he looked much younger than he did now, even the black vein on his body made her shiver back then.

“Vladislav.”

She spoke his name and a smile so ghastly spread across his face, black gums, and bloody teeth, yellowing from age to a point that it was impossible to think they were white before. She could tell that he recognized her from her mother, but why choose to come to her of all people and why now.

“Beriadanwen. I have heard your mother mention your name to me a few times.”

He spoke, his voice old and cracking but there was no ill intentions in them for now. The necromancy was weary about the black lion beside her but even the massive animal seemed to hide behind his companion due to the dark presence that was encasing them right this moment.

When Vladislav made his way closer to the elf, he looked as though he was floating on air, his feet now a shadowy smoke. Like the dead, he was here to welcome her.

“What is a young elf like you traveling to the north? I do recall your mother mentioning you being a royal guard. However, I also-”

“I was banished.”

Beriadanwen cut him off, as she took a few steps away from him as he came closer. The air got colder each inch he was close and she did not like the feeling at all, the smell of death stifling her as it is.

“Banished? How new.”

He said but spoke no more when there was another on the deck with them. His head slowly turned to the woman who stood watching them from the stairway and his eyes narrowed slightly. This too made Beriadanwen turned towards the other woman’s direction before pulling on her hood further down her face.

“I see we share a common space with another.”

Vladislav now smiled at the stranger as Beriadanwen only gave a small nod. She wasn’t sure where the people on the ship were from but it was safer for her to hide her identity than to run into another who hailed from Tarthen. Especially with the oncoming wars.

“Come come, join us for a fresh breath of air and if you aren’t running away, share with us your delightful stories.”

The necromancer spoke and when he had mentioned something about running away, he flicked his gaze to Beriadanwen which the woman felt uneasy, which confirms his suspicions. It was when he would strike to take advantage of such a moment, one without Noviyn interfering.

“I was about to ask the noblewoman here if she would be humbled to grow her knowledge in the dark arts of necromancy. An old arcane teaching of the world, might be the first and oldest of teachings in the temples far to the Western lands.”

Vladislav lied about Beriadanwen’s status, saving her from any speculations during her travels but now it was up to Beriadanwen to play the part herself as not many have always taken lightly to a Blood Elf, even one who was born with tainted blood.

Beriadanwen shifted uncomfortably from where she stood, Messiah growly softly at Vladislav and his words.

“Necromancy, you know nothing good comes off them, Beriadanwen. So don’t you have funny ideas.”

Messiah spoke. He knew the woman was at her fragile state, one where her thoughts weren’t always the best nor her decision was the wisest. He had seen so many tried to pick through the woman when she was at the state she was but he had always been there to deter many. However, this one seemed to not be afraid of him which soon cause Messiah to feel anxious around.

“What do you think stranger?”

Vladislav spoke again, cutting through the cold atmosphere as the waves crashed along the side of the wooden ship, carrying them closer to their destination.

Shehodorei

When Noviyn was given the dagger she had requested, she was not surprised to see Hanna run off back to her room in a haste. She too felt the power that the dagger emitted and she too felt sick to her gut but with this, she would be able to get what she wanted. And all she needed to do was to get close enough to the King which was now she was now walking the halls in the middle of the night towards his room. It was not uncommon for the woman to be walking into the King’s room as she had done so many times with Rowan. But she also knew the King would be guarded from every corner of the castle and to breach through Draymond would pose a challenge.

Yet, a challenge never stopped this woman from doing so, the dagger hidden beneath her skirt and away from plain sight but she wasn’t sure how much she could hide with the dagger discharging such an aura. She might as well just say it was her own snake of a presence if one should ask, most would probably believe her as she had already created such a reputation for herself. As she was not standing in front of the door to the King’s room, she smiled sweetly at the guards.

“Is the king available? I do have a dire need to speak with him that concerns Tarthen. If you would so kindly let him know if he is in there.”

Her voice like honey yet there will be a sting at the end, as the woman was so used to getting what she wanted and she would not be ashamed to do many things for it.

There was a rather charged moment when Jasper was uncertain whether or not the chieftain would assent to allowing his children to participate in the battle ahead. He couldn't blame him, though the reluctance made him wonder if the two children were truly as good as their father seemed to want to claim that they were. However, a moment later, the man gave his permission, and Jasper honored it with a low bow of his head in respect.

"Thank you for trusting us with those most precious to you. They will be returned within the month, if all goes well."

He followed quietly as the man lead him to collect the two new warriors, a sense of assuredness lending a strength to his posture. He hadn't had the highest of hopes for the outcome of this journey, with Ellias not willing to take no for an answer, and the dragon riders being a proud and unaligned people. They reminded him in some ways of Asher-though he wondered if the penchant for risk was less prevalent in the young man. Soon, they were adressing the girl that Asher had bested, who looked none too happy about the outcome of the battle. This was promising-it would lend her motivation and fire for the events to come.

He inclined his head in response to her answer, standing rather awkwardly during the duration of the argument between her parents. Honestly, he was finding it difficult to understand the concern. Both siblings were adults. In Tarthen, they would hardly need the consent of their parents in order to go to war.

Asher finished shaking the little girls hand and, surprisingly, didn't flinch back when she held her dragon up to his face. The little thing was actually very cute, now that it wasn't large enough to snap his spine underfoot like a twig. He allowed the creature to sniff at his hand, but didn't make any move to pet it out of caution. "Hello, Charod." he greeted with a small grin before rising to his feet. Viras had mentioned the others approaching.

There was a lack of wariness when Lillium approached-in fact, Asher actually smiled at her and raised a hand to all of them in greeting. "Well-fought," he said with a nod to her. Honestly, he was already anxious to leave this god-forsaken place. There was sand in areas of his clothes that he hadn't even thought possible. His eyes flickered over to Jasper. "Are we leaving soon?"

Jasper raised an eyebrow in response. "They haven't even packed yet, Asher."

Off Tarthen's Shore
If there was one rule for anyone working as a serving class in the castle, any guideline that might be the one difference between success and failure, and even life or death, it would be to keep your mouth shut.

Angelica was very familiar with this rule, had learned it the hard way after her meddling in the court in an attempt to gain leverage had resulted in her closest friend being sent away. Her brother was too young to understand it, and her oldest brother had gotten sent away forever because of it. So, even as she remained near the railing of the ship and watched the two speak, she held her young firm even when she was adressed, just barely able to hold back the expression of shock when the man turned towards her.

He was human, maybe, but so clearly altered, so nightmarishly different. Angelica's hand gripped the railing, and all at once she was wondering if Rickon would be able to swim long enough for them to just jump ship and go back to shore that way. Swallowing, she turned her face away carefully and refrained from responding. It was the other young woman that prevented her from leaving. There was a camaraderie among woman that Angelica knew needed to be honored, and it was instinct for her to protect someone else if they were in trouble.

She took a breath, then turned back, responding in a level and composed voice.

"I'm sure I wouldn't know the first thing about what that entails, sir," she replied carefully. "And, if I may be so bold," she added, her eyes flickering to the elf, "I don't think your friend appears enthusiastic in this conversation."

What was she doing? She couldn't fight to save her damned life...

Shehodorei
Perhaps one week had passed since Beriadanwen had left, and it had been the longest week Shae could remember. Hours seem to just barely crawl by, without even the continued threat of Tarthen to keep him busy, and most of all, he was left with a sense of unfinishedness. A lack of closure that he couldn't fully explain to anyone.

And, of course, when he was least amicable to seeing anyone, Noviyn would appear.

The young elf nudged the door open when the guards gave word of her presence, looking carefully at the woman. What could she possibly want, if not to spread more gossip? "Yes?" He asked, making it a point not to invite her inside.

Ekserma Desert

Viras laughed at Asher’s eagerness to return to the grasslands, the desert was not for everyone and that was a saying amongst their people. He gave a quick whistle and the ground started to shake once more, a sign that his dragon was approaching them from beneath. And just like before, it appeared right behind Viras as it poked it’s head out, causing sand to fly in the air like rain. Echo giggled while Lilium took a few steps back, knowing fully well it was hard to get sand out of her hair.

“All I need is my dragon. I have nothing more to bring with me.”

Viras smiled at Jasper before looking at his father who seemed to nod with approval.

Lilium, on the other hand, made her way closer as remembered her mother’s words. A forced smile appeared on her lips, one that said she did not like the man but will put up with for the duration of the period. Again, she looked at him from head to toe, this time she got a better look, yet her face remained placid and false. Hair so pale she had never seen before, she had heard of some traveler with hair like his but never she had seen one for herself till now.

“Thank you.”

It might be the first time she ever said anything nice since these men had touched the sands of Ekserma Desert. Her smile dropped quickly before calling on her dragon, the beast woke as soon as it heard the whistle before walking its way towards them, its wing dragging across the sands. But when it finally came close to Lilium, it flew away with a snort of smoke. Wide-eyed, Lilium just watched as Issoth took off in the air without her command, it would seem the dragon had seen her defeat, a good time to rebel against its master for a time being.

“Well...I do hope you have a ship big enough for her because she won’t be flying anytime soon.”

Viras said with a cheeky smirk as he climbs onto the back of his own dragon, guiding it towards the direction of where the men hand anchored their boat. If Lilium was angry before, she was fuming now, visible red formed on her cheeks, her jawline now was visibly clenched as the muscles tensed vigorously. Her hands balled into fists before turning to look at both Asher and Jasper, she blamed them both for the misbehavior of her dragon.

“This is YOUR fault.”

She pointed right at Asher, placing blame on someone else rather than herself, another one of her faults. She turned away from the man and looked down where her youngest sibling was, she patted the girl's head gently before hugging her goodbye. Hopefully, she would last the time to return, if her own dragon did not decide to turn on her. And once she had said her goodbyes, she turned on her heels, following the large footprints Viras’ dragon had left in the sand. Issoth would eventually catch up, following Lilium’s scent from behind while she set sail for the East.

The chieftain gave Jasper the last nod as he spoke no more of his children leaving their soil. Right now, he was only a father that could pray to every God in the heavens for them to return alive, that was all he wanted. To bury a child is every parent's nightmare but in this day and age, it was something that many had to do.

Beriadanwen looked at the woman as she spoke, she could only be grateful that someone else saw her discomfort in the company of this man but there was no shaking him off so soon. When Vladislav sought to acquire what he wanted, he sank his claws deep into it, like an eagle with its prey. Yet, such an offer somehow intrigued her curiosity, something new in this open-world but also something dangerous. Maybe that is why, danger was like mead to her, as a bee attracted to honey. The excitement of the unknown and the fear that jumpstarted a spark in her; never was she good with wielding magic but maybe she never did give it a chance.

“Come join us, my lady, the air is fresh and the sea is welcoming. Such a fair moonlight we have tonight, besides don’t you need the company of fair folks?”

Vladislav voice ghostly, giving such a chill to already an eerie night. It pulled Beriadanwen back to reality, to where she was now. To her, this was her nightmare, the longest and farthest away from home she would ever be. The east was already out of her plain view, only ample of dark blue ocean waters, what hid within the darkness will always be a mystery to her.

“Do not cause more trouble than you already are, Vladislav.”

Finally, Beriadanwen spoke up with a slight frown on her face.

“You must forgive this man’s undefined behavior.”

She turned to look at the stranger now, her eyes focusing on the woman’s face through the darkness. Beriadanwen turned her head up slight than it was before, allowing the stranger to catch her facial features before her boots sounded against the wood as she walked away from the Necromancer.

“You are right, it is a fair night we have but we do not need to share it with the likes of you.”

Beriadanwen gave Vladislav no more of her attention but her mind still lingers on such an offer, it was something new to think about other than home. A distraction to her regrets, another thing to keep her busy from feeling such emptiness and loss but she knew the price to pay. She was still a Blood Elf at the end of the day, no matter how many would deny it, the lust for power with temptation seeded into her mind and Vladislav only provoked it to awaken.

“If you change your mind, my lady, you know where to find me. We are after all stuck on this ship for a few more days.”

The man laughed but this time, it was menacing. It caused goosebumps to rise on Beriadanwen’s skin in the worst possible ways.

“Would you like to accompany me for a drink or two, maybe away from the cold and dark?”

Beriadanwen’s tone changed, it was kinder and gentler compared to how she had spoken to Vladislav. She smiled at the woman before walking down the stairs towards the common area where most people had gathered for the night. Messiah too followed behind, his tail dipped slightly as he squeezed passed the two women, eager to get away from such an entity that was before.

“I hope Messiah don’t scare you too much, though he might look frightening, he never bites anyone without a good reason.”

She reassured the woman but then she realized, she had never formally introduced herself.

“Beriadanwen.”

The golden blonde said, hoping it was enough to discourage the woman from looking further into her physical features, though her height is one that would be difficult to hide away from. She was taller than most human women and even some men, her body lengthy and lean giving no connotation she was of noble-born but someone of service in the past. But now it was the time to put what Noviyn had taught her to the test. Always smile, only in small kind words. Never let them know what you’re thinking and you shall fool a King. Just as though she was hearing it for the first time, Beriadanwen happened to have such a line memorized with her mother’s voice in her head.

Shehodorei

Noviyn eyes lighted up when the King opened his door to her but blocked her any means of entering. A smile remained on her lips but her eyes just as conniving towards him as when he was a child but she knew how to play her pieces right, just like a game of chess, patience. Though she stood by the door and made sure he knew she was not about to move anytime soon, persistent as she was, she was also subtle about her intentions.

“I have news of my daughter, heartbreaking news. I heard of word she went straight for the Kingdom of Tarthen. It only breaks my heart to hear such confirmation to have a traitor as a child. I wonder where did I go wrong, I am sure you have heard it is well.”

Even such an actress as she was, there was the slightest curve to her left lip. She knew using Beriadanwen against him was the easiest choice, she knew he did not let her daughter roam free of bonds after such an accusation brought upon her. Of course, such a friendship led to bias within the King’s eyes and what better way to take full advantage of such.

“Tarthen only seeks to ruin us, King Elias is a man who should have never come to succeed in his father’s throne, not after killing both his brothers. What a man would do for power, I must say, he is not different than our desire for more arcane power than we already have, which leads me to question, your majesty. I have never once seen you wield the customary powers of a Blood Elf, why is that?”

She questioned him not of his birth but his inadaptability to rule as a King, only a weak child he was to him. Evolution will take its course and she was her to help it get started.

“I was hoping to speak with you in private. There are matters we need to discuss away from ears that have no business knowing.”

Her silvery eyes now glowed in the darkness, almost white as the moon cast its shadow on the Kingdom.

Last edited:
Ekserma Desert
Asher watched, silent at least for the time being, as the two dragon riders prepared to leave. Part of him was still fascinated by how utterly foreign everything about them was, from the clipped accent when they spoke, which remained him faintly of other inhabitants of the desert he'd chanced across in Tarthen, to their appearance. It seemed illogical that anybody younger than sixty should have white hair-not even the grey you would find with age, but white. And now the eldest wasn't even bringing anything with him for the trip. That just seemed illogical.

"A vessel can be cleared out for her," Jasper said, even though both he and Asher knew it would be a tight fit. After everything they'd gone through to get the two on board, they would manipulate whatever they could to ensure the trip went smoothly-even if that meant sacrificing their own comfort.

As good a host as Jasper was, though, there was one person who seemed to be determined not to enjoy the trip at all, and that was Lilium. He had to stifle an amused chuckle as she pointed at him, much the same way as a child would seek to place blame on someone other than themselves. He leaned over to Jasper. "I think she likes me, what do you think?" He asked with a crooked grin, though Jasper did not seem to share his amusement over the exchange.

The goodbyes were mercifully short, though Asher was dreading the long trek back-he already felt like he was about to drop dead of exhaustion after the sparring match. Still, he gritted his teeth and prepared to press on. But of course, his mouth tended to run faster than his head, and it wasn't long before he was addressing the two siblings again.

"Don't suppose either of you would be willing to offer me a ride back?" he asked, only half joking.

Off Tarthen's Shore
Angelica wasn't sure if it was the ocean air or the man's presence which sent a sharp chill along her arms. She soon regretted speaking up, because his attention soon shifted to her, which made her feel all the more uncomfortable. Still, she hadn't said anything he was offended by yet. Perhaps she could navigate her way through. She'd been in far more tense situations.

"I'd rather not." she replied, polite but firm in her stance even as the other woman began to shut the man down. To her immense reel, however, the man didn't seem keen to continue the conversation, and retreated below deck instead. He reminded Angelica of some kind of arachnid, waiting in darkness with patience unmatchable. It was creepy.

The girl, however, carried a much different sense about her. She was strange-looking, no doubt of that, but didn't carry the same menacing presence as the man did. Though Angelica was still carefully guarded, some of her apprehension vanished when she answered. "I might need a drink after that," she admitted with a nervous laugh.

The way the elf spoke and carried herself reminded Angelica faintly of some of the Nobels she had waited on in Tarthen. She lacked the air of superiority that those women often carried, however, which lead Angelica to believe that she wasn't of elevated status. Her eyes flickered to the lion-who had a name, apparently, though this did remarkably little to settle Angelica's nerves. It was still a lion, and a large one at that.

"Oh-no, he's just....Large," Angelica replied, gesturing with her hands to illustrate the size of the animal.

"So I can pet him now, right?"

The victorious voice from Angelica's elbow made her roll her eyes.

"Forgive me-My name is Angelica. This brat here is my little brother, Rickon."

Shehodorei
His expression remained perpetually neutral even as-predictably-Noviyn began to prattle on about what an apparent disgrace Beriadanwen was. Of course, his first inclination was to defend his friend, but to do so would make no sense given the public perception, not to mention would anger his uninvited guest. Instead, Shae remained passive, nodding every so often at Novyins words.

"You can rest assured I am handling the situation," he replied, vague but firm in his statement.

The next request took him a moment to decide on. On one hand, a private audience with Noviyn was the last thing he wanted, knowing she had the potential to ramble for hours on end and he would have no means of escape. But on the other hand, it would be foolish to pretend that Noviyn didn't have an arsenal of information regarding the kingdom and its inner workings, and to not take advantage of such knowledge would be an oversight.

Besides, the guards were just outside. No chance for any foul play, if it showed up.

Reluctantly, Shaegar stepped to the side. "By all means."

Ekserma Desert

Lilium frowned when Asher spoke, her eyes glared at him for a moment. How he was able to always be this happy was beyond what she would ever comprehend. But at the same time, she never did try to understand those who lived different lives from her. This man she faced before, now only seemed to vex her, from the egotistical way he carried himself. Viras, on the other hand, did not look as annoyed as his sister was. There was, however, a smile that one would be used to by now as the man was open like a book.

“But of course and what better way to experience such a beast both at once? Would you like your right half to come with me? Or the left?”

The man grinned from ear to ear while he peered below from where he sat on his dragon.

Lilium turned on her heel and started to walk in the direction that these sailors came from, she remembered their oddly shaped boat. The feeling of excitement and fear of the unknown, to leave the sand for the sea where beneath laid many creatures told in stories. To finally be able to see grass, something she had yet to experience in her lifetime, maybe this journey to the East might not be so bad after all.

Lilium could feel the heat wrapped around the nape of her neck, she felt her flesh almost cindering away as the walk back to the ship was something she had forgotten. It had been a long while since she needed to be on foot through the desert as her dragon had done most of the flying for her. Above the clouds and away from the heated sand, the air was cooler and it was certainly fresher from what she was breathing in at the moment. A woman of the south she was but she was also human, one where the sun always wins. How did these men make it to camp alive? She asked herself as she struggled slightly through the walk.

Despite the trek back, Lilium did enjoy the heat, one she would definitely miss. She had been told stories that many lands beyond theirs do not see the sun as often as they did, lands covered in white and some with endless grey skies. To live in a world with no sun was something Lilium will not grasp the idea off, How was one able to do so? Was the question she would need to ask one who was born in such a nature. She turned her head slightly as her eyes caught Asher not too far away. The white-haired woman stopped absurdly from her walk to turn to face the man.

“What is your world like without the sun?”

She questioned him. Her voice no hidden intentions only curiosity as her eyes spoke of one who saw nothing but her own home for many years of her life.

“How does one live without the heat? how do your people fair? How long do we need till we reach your land?”

She wasn’t at all sure of this man was from where she thought he would be, yet, some would always seem to surprise her in many ways.

A smile appeared on Beriadanwen’s face, indeed she knew Messiah was rather big for an animal of his size but he was no ordinary lion. He was on that left many questioning the true nature of the Gods above and what more was there to still uncover by the veil of mystery many hid behind.

“Yes, he is but he has never hurt anyone intentionally. That I can promise you.”

The golden blonde woman said as she patted Messiah in his neck, a small purr escaped the animal’s mouth. Friendly as he was trying to be, not wanting to draw more attention to them than there already was but the encounter with Vladislav was something both did not expect.

Both heads now turned to the new voice that had joined them, a smaller being, a child. Both Messiah and Beriadanwen looked at the boy silently before, never have they seen a human so small. Even the Blood Elven children stood much taller, the further they got the more they saw. Beriadanwen smiled at the boy soon after, amused by how he saw no threat to Messiah like many others do as children were fearless. And such valorous behavior reminded her of Shaegar.

“Indeed you can, Rickon.”

The elven woman said to a smile to both the child and the woman before she made her way towards the dining area of the ship. Messiah lowered himself towards the boy as he sniffed him puzzled.

“They have little humans too?”

Messiah said as he now took a closer look.

“It’s called a child, Messiah. Do not eat him. Angelica, maybe you would be able to help me familiarize myself with that of your culture? I assume you are returning home?”

Beriadanwen called back from where she was now. A crowd was gathering and many of the crewmen were getting rowdy, the smell of alcohol in their breath and the saltwater on their skin. The dining area itself was dimly lighted with candles that were almost burnt out from their wax. Yet, within a small space, these people made it a choice to be merry for the night. Waves of laughter and cheers were all Beriadanwen could hear, and since she had left Shehodorei, it was comforting. She took a seat in an empty table, ordered a few drinks as the night went on.

Her mind filled with thoughts of Vladislav’s words, she could even hear his voice that plagued her. Necromancy, the word she thought about over and over, enough to drive one into madness. But why? Why does such a thing spark such interest in her, and from the last, she could remember, magic had never been of much to her. Why now? Questions she needed answers too, but from who? Vladislav, it was like her mind was drawn to the idea, she shook the thoughts away. She forced her mind to focus on where she was, to push away the thought from the shadows that lurk behind her.

Vladislav like a ghost waited in the dark corners of the dining area, his ominous presence was enough to push the crowd to the center and away from him. He too had a view of Beriadanwen from where he was and he could tell the woman was troubled. No, not by her past or what she was forced to suffer through before now but by the seed he had planted with only a few mere words. In a weakened state, the woman was susceptible to those of new ideas, one where to pulls her mind away from what she wanted to forget. And all Vladislav needed to do now was wait, he had seen this before, no Blood Elf was able to fully avoid the temptation. Especially one towards something so dark.

Shehodorei

Noviyn entered the bedchamber when Sheagar stood aside, to her surprise, that was fairly easy. Such a poor young thing, your father was right, a gullible one you are. The room was not impressive for the King’s standard of living, even she resided in a room far more polished than this. Her silvery eyes looked around, barely anything was hung on the walls, it was plain as it can be.

“Such a room they put you in, does it not insult you?”

She asked as she now turned to face the young King. Her face was unreadable to what she may be her thoughts. A woman of her status and reputation, Noviyn was able to look serine like poise like a noblewoman even during such hours of the night. She stood unmoving like a perfect sculpture carved of porcelain, cold flesh, and no heart. Only there to look beautiful and to offer little to no comfort, but that was not her position to do so. She was only told and instructed to keep the former King company when being called upon, everything else was irrelevant if it does not heighten her status.

“You must be exhausted, your majesty. Such a task for a young King as yourself must be taxing on your physical health. Please, you don’t need to stand in my presence.”

Her voice was rather calming for the reason of her visit.

“I hear news of King Elias being allies with folks of the south. One that might be their strength of the army. Dragons, I might fear. Dragons and their savage masters, pillage through our home. Leaving us bare and open. Defenseless.”

There was false sympathy and worry in her voice, she knew long before she had chosen to speak of such but to her, such news did not matter if the King had knowledge off. He would not survive the night to speak of such again. The dagger was inches away from her reach but she would need to be stealthy, to ensure his back was to her. A clean-cut was all she needed and the dark magic of necromancy would take care of the rest. To drain his life force from the inside, a death far worse than poison, a death so painful as the body slowly putrifies itself from the inside.

“Is there anything that I may serve you as aid, your majesty?”

Noviyn was staring Shaegar right in the eyes, just as before when he was a child. One she did not care for nor saw much in the boy. To her, he only deserved the throne as it was his birthright and nothing more.

Ekserma Desert
If Lilium didn't seem to like him for whatever reason, Asher had to admit he felt like he was getting along well with her brother. For being from such a serious tribe, he at least had a good sense of humor to go along with it, and now that Asher knew the man didn't want him dead, he felt a lot more comfortable with the situation. He returned Viras's grin with a laugh of his own, shaking his head. Damn...Everyone who rode a dragon had to be half mad at least.

"That depends," Asher replied. "Which would you say my good side is?"

With that, Asher slowed intentionally, in order to be next to Jasper, who seemed to be struggling with the long trip. Years of combat had strengthened the man's muscles, but Asher was beginning to worry for him, as any decent son or grandson might worry for their guardian. "Everything alright, Jas?" The young man asked, only to be rebuffed by a shake of the bearded man's head.

"I'm fine, Ash. Don't shame me by fussing."

Asher shrugged, holding his palms to shoulder height before continuing on. He was having a hard time with the stamina himself. And even once they reached the ship, there was the voyage back to look forward to. He might have shined in the sparring match, but there was no way he could continue to preserve that image once he was seasick and retching. Hopefully, he'd be used to the motion this time around.

But he wasn't sure.

His worries were interrupted once the girl, Lilium, surprised him by actually addressing him without disdain or anger. Still, his brow furrowed in slight confusion. "Without the...?"

This question was followed by several more, making Asher chuckle and hold a hand up. "One at a time. Um...Well, we're just used to it being cooler. It's a few days back to Tarthen. And really, I don't see how any of you survive with weather like this."

As soon as Beriadanwen gave the indication, Rickon slipped out of his sister's grasp and approached Messiah. Though he was cautious, his eyes glinted in fascination as he gingerly lifted one hand to fluff at the dark mane. "I've never seen a lion look like this. He's magic or something, from the blood-elf lands? Can he do anything cool like-"

Angelica shot him a quick glare and an almost imperceptible shake of her head, keeping a close eye on both him and the animal as they began to follow the elf.

"No," Angelica replied with a small, reserved smile. "We're just from the Capitol. I tend to some of the ladies in the court. Rickon, here, is almost old enough to start squiring."

"I am one of them," Rickon replied. "I'm thirteen soon. Angelica just treats me like a baby."

"You are a baby. You act like one, at least." Rolling her eyes, Angelica took a seat near Beriadanwen, now eyeing her with an open interest. "You're quite far from home, yourself, aren't you? What brings you out here, given the....Tension and all?" A nearly apologetic grimace crossed Angelica's face. Wars always seemed like the worst course of action to her.

Shehodorei
Shaegar stood near one of the walls of the room, his gaze now fixed upon Noviyn. He was hoping desperately that she wasn't there to try and give him nothing but idle gossip, or badmouth her daughter again. Hearing everyone speak of his friend with such disdain was absolutely wearing on his mind, and he wasn't sure how much more of it he could take. The conversation seemed polite enough at first, and he shook his head in response. 'I'm not very picky. It's only until the guardsman think the danger has passed."

Which, Shae thought, could take a very long while.

Noviyn was like ice, impassible and unfeeling. He could read neither intent nor concern in her eyes or face. It was strange-she looked like Beriadanwen, at least in features-their eyes and noses were the same, as well as some mannerisms. But the two simply could not be more different. He was always able to tell if something was bothering Beriadanwen, if something was on her mind. But her mother may as well have been written in a foreign language.

He hadn't sit when Noviyn urged him to, but as soon as the news left her mouth, he felt he had to. Shae sank down into a nearby chair, his palm briefly covering his face.

Dragons.

Of all the things.

They lived in a forest, and the king was using Dragons.

It was like the world was spinning out around him-first, the war, then the clearing of trees. The loss of his friend. And now, soon, the forest itself would be burning around him.

"....You can alert the Commanders." he managed, finally meeting her eyes. "And," he added, "You can tell me where you got this information in the first place."

Ekserma Desert

A few days? How far really was this place? Lilium thought to herself as she turned to look at the open skies. Would flying be a faster alternative? It might. Yet, her dragon seemed to have taken off on its own but she also trusted her beast to return once it was ready, hopefully by the time they needed it for war. She could smell the saltwater as it grew stronger as it filled her nose. The smell of dry dusty air soon started to fade, breathing was far easier to do at the current moment as they continued on their journey back. The sails of the ship could be seen at a distance, not long more, she told herself while she tried to hide her child-like excitement away.

“The sun is what many respect in this part of the world. It is kind, yet also very unforgiving.”

She only repeated what she was told since she was a child. Why people like herself were far more resilient to the heat than others; may it be their nature as they were born under such circumstances or may it be the blood magic that was practiced? Such magic always a controversial discussion by the mouths of Elder Sages in the Academies that indwell on the western coast of the world. The Council of Sorcery had yet to come to the conclusion as to which the practice belongs to. Was it malediction or was it safe for public use?

Yet, the southern folks led the lives by no restrictions. Neither do they care for the rules being placed by the Council. Maybe this was where they were coined as savages, to live life as a free folk and bondless. Lilium now wonder what was life for these men, were they bound by loyalty or by an agreement? How different can they be?

“Your people call us savages, maybe you are right. It takes being a savage to survive and to not follow by the word of a King, that would be I, but I can not understand why you are so willing to do so anyway. Never once have your people wanted to be free? To choose and have a choice to who leads them?”

Lilium was hoping that Asher would help her understand why they were fighting? What the cause was there within this war? Where she was from, there were no Kingdoms and even the city folks had their own way of living amongst themselves. And even if they were to fight, it was for the survival of those within their camp, for food and the protection of each camp’s dragons. Yet, many feuds were also diminished through unity of marriage with the chieftain or whoever the chieftain picked. Hence, the many wives and siblings Lilium lived with since she was born.

Once they had arrived by the shores where the ship was, Lilium turned to look at her brother who had dismounted his dragon. The dragon soon burrowed its way into the ground causing a massive dust storm of sand that swirled in the air.

“I hope they will be able to find us once we are on the new land.”

Viras said as he too wasn’t sure how the dragons would fair in a new environment, the landscape and type of minerals that grew there were far different than that of the south. This was all new to them, and they were the ones first to experiment across the ocean.

“They will find us, they always will, Viras.”

Lilium said before making her way towards the ship, Viras followed her from behind as the two were still unsure of this agreement their father made.

“A few days.”

Lilium uttered the words to herself as the reality soon hit her. What was she supposed to do in a small enclosed area for a few days? The woman was not a patient one, on a ship, she was confined to limited space to roam while when she was on land, she had the open world and the skies. Was it going to be an easy journey? She doubted it would be but she will fair just like the rest.

“What do you do while you wait?”

She now asked Asher, her head turned to look at both him and Jasper as she noticed the older man was having difficulty on their walk back.

Messiah was gentle with the child, his red glowing eyes only looked at him as curious as the child was. Both wondering how each came to be but such words of magic about himself that the boy had spoken off, might as well be true. But such origins were unknown to him and many, which was why he took this as an opportunity to find where the rest of his kind might be. As the child ran his tiny hands through his fur, he remained still while he did not want to frighten the little human away as not many were keen to even come near him.

Beriadanwen was pulled away from her own thoughts with the voice of the woman, turning her head upwards with a smile before looking back down in her own mug of ale.

“Isn’t it a wonderful thing to always be so young, and a squire? I’m sure any knight would be proud to have you as a squire at their side.”

Beriadanwen addressed Rickon before facing his sister. A lady in waiting? The woman had not much luck within that circle back in Shehodorei but she now knew it would be terribly difficult to lie her way through this woman. For one, she had no clue how to even act like a lady nor even pretend to be one but she could only mimic her mother as best to her ability. But when Angelica indicated she knew of her origins, there was a slight worrisome look upon Beriadanwen’s face, did she not hide her Blood Elven features away enough?

“Far indeed. Such tension and conflict between both Kingdoms will only be what both sides want it to be and as for me, I am here only to bring peace of mind for someone else. To give them the lack of burden with my presence.”

She tried to hide her misery towards what happened in Shehodorei. That is your past now, each morning she woke up and repeated those words to herself but the healing scars on her back still continued to be a throne at her side. They still ached as they were tender to the touch and when her clothes brushed against it, she would still flinch in pain. A reminder of the pain she carried heavy on her shoulders.

“Many have said it gets better in time but no one ever told you how long you would need to wait.”

Silence soon fell onto the table, candlelight flickering on their faces while the rest of the room carried their jolly way down each barrel of ale.

“However, I hope Vraegurus would serve me such a purpose. I hear the iron walls of that Kingdom is one to marvel at. The high mountains one would wake to each morning if one was able to see it through the endless blizzard the Kingdom is plagued with. Though what I am more curious is to how you knew I was a Blood Elf, do you not harbor any ill will towards my kind?”

The elven woman now looked towards both Angelica and Rickon, though her hood may have hidden her long ears but she assumed there were many other indications of her nature was still poking through. She wanted to lighten the mood, to pull them away from anything somber and dejected, a night like this was to savor through happiness. And maybe, at the bottom of their drinks.

Shehodorei

Noviyn watched the young King now as he looked distraught, it was the perfect opportunity or at least she saw it was. She made her way closer to him, her synthetic comforting act she placed over her face, sympathy, and console. She stood behind the chair Sheagar was seated upon a gentle hand she attempted to place on his shoulder, cold fingers yet elegant to the rings she wore. Gold with red ruby gemstones, a priceless gift from those she was able to charm her way through, to her, they were a symbol of her success, like a trophy collected each time.

“What will your father do if he was in your position? He would show no defeat in his eyes.”

She spoke again after a while, once more comparing him to his father as she always does. The dagger already held firm in her other hand behind her back, the dark energy now slowly seeping up her arm, making her feel sick to the stomach. Be done with it and rid of the dagger, vile magic, though Noviyn acquired “help” from questionable places, there was still a line to where she drew when dealing with magic.

“You poor child, your father had left you with no more than a Kingdom, you do not know how to run. I watch your struggle and it pains me to see our Kingdom fall in the hands of a child.”

Her insults her masked with a gentle comforting voice, her silvery eyes now watched the open flesh of his neck. Maybe she was merciful, he was her daughter’s childhood friend, but her daughter wasn’t her anymore. End him here right now and she would have everything she had waited for, her eyes narrowed as she now moved her hand that was holding the dagger to this throat. She attempted to press the cold metal against his flesh as her demeanor now changed, even in her face, for the first time it was clear to what her intentions were in her eyes.

“You have been nothing more but a pain at my side for many years, Shaegar. Even as a child, you sicken me. I don’t know why your father chose to have kept you after what you have caused your mother to go through.”

She kept the dagger where it was, still the slither a chance he could escape as she was now far more interested in wounding his ego than her initial plans.

“Where my information came from? How blind is a king like you do not see, I have been working alongside Tarthen. For years we have planned to dethrone your father but luck have it he died, and as for you, may it be the last living lineage to his bloodline for it will end here tonight.”

Noviyn motioned her body forward, her lips now closed to his ear as for the next few words would be ones she assumed he would not want to hear.

“Beriadanwen, my daughter, is as innocent as the first rose of spring. The poison was planted into her room by me, a weak little one she was but she served her existence well enough for me. Tell me, my King, how does your judgment fair now?”

There was a small laugh, one where she thought she had everything falling into place where she wanted. Though the dagger still made her feel sick, the adrenaline of where she had gotten the King had overcome such feeling.

Ekserma Desert
Asher lifted one hand to cast some shade over his eyes, squinting up into the blaring sunlight. It was an almost blinding white, causing Asher to shade his head and quickly avert his eyes. He supposed if you had that thing blaring down at you for all of your life, you'd probably come to view it as sacred, or at least normal. Another means to separate the weak from the strong, maybe, and Asher had never really considered himself a strong man-he was smart, though, which meant he was able to get away with most things. Thankfully, the sails of their ships were coming into view, and Asher sighed with relief as the salt-scented breeze ruffled his hair.

"I think it's just too damn hot," he replied to Lilium.

Oddly enough, though, the conversation soon turned to philosophy, which interested Asher. It wasn't a topic he was often asked to elaborate on, given his line of work, and he certainly didn't expect to be discussing anything like that with a dragon rider. Still, as they began to board up on the ship, he chuckled at her questions. "He's not my King, technically speaking he's my employer. I was kicked out of the kingdom a good while ago." A note of resentment entered his voice the last sentence. He liked to think he'd come to terms with his banishment, but it was far from the truth. It was rare that his family didn't cross his mind at least once a day-whether that was Angelica, who was probably clever enough to have managed her way into a steady employment, or Rickon, who'd been too little to have much of a personality when Asher had left.

"It's the way of things." Jasper's voice interrupted the two of them as he mopped sweat from his brow, walking his way up the plank. "You have your way here, we have ours. There's nothing else that need be explained."

Asher wasn't surprised by the firm tone Jasper's voice carried. For being a learned man, he was very set in his ways. Asher shrugged. "There you have it, then."

And then, they were back on the water. Thankfully, though Asher had to admit that he would probably never really like sea travel, the old gripping nausea no longer seemed to be present as he looked out over the waves. Just the trip back, and then he could just make his way Northward after the battle was over, cut around Tarthen, and send his well earned money.

"What to do?" He asked, endlessly amused by the questions this girl asked. "Drink, maybe, for starters."

Angelica requested a small glass of wine for herself, stifling her disappointment at the first sip. A steady career in the castle had left her indulged in some ways, and whenever she was on leave, she always missed the rich wine served within the walls. But that was exceedingly rare and expensive, far more than Angelica could afford to splurge on. Besides, this wine wasn't bad-it tasted faintly of cherries, even if it was a little too tart for her taste. Beside her, Rickon took a seat, though he remained mostly transfixed by Messiah.

"Well," Rickon replied, tearing his eyes away from the lion, "I'll squire for a bit, then from there I'll join the guard. It'll be hard work, but in a couple years, I'll probably be captain." From the look on Angelica's face, it was obvious he'd spoken of this goal often and loudly.

It was strange, though, how utterly sad the elf seemed to be. The way she spoke and carried herself had confirmed Angelica's suspicions that she had to be either from noble blood, or was close with someone who was, but she was also carrying a heavy weight. Her eyes seemed distant and forlorn, her shoulders always hunched as if he was expecting a blow. Angelia's brow creased a little in sympathy. Even if Beriadanwen's words were vague, her face told Angelica much of what she didn't say.

"I hope you're able to go back home someday. I'm sure you're missed more than you think."

"Our brother got banished," Rickon added, and to that, Angelica's cheeks flushed with embarrassment. To have a family member banished...It was a great shame. It had taken her parents years to get back in the public's good graces after that mishap. "Because of this girl he was with-"

"Not now, Rickon." Angelica managed, looking rather mortified. "I'm so sorry. My brother says whatever comes to mind, these days."

A small smile twisted at her face at Beriadanwen's question. "Well....It's a little bit obvious. The clearly magic lion? The eyes? Not to mention I served dinner when a diplomat was visiting our King from there, once, and you look rather similar to her."

Shehodorei
The ghostly chill of metal settled at his throat, and for a moment, Shaegar blinked stupidly ahead, his mind not quick to process the turn of events-or rather, the events which were long overdue to be folded out.

He had less than three seconds to decide what he was going to do.

The first option was simple-he could do nothing, and bleed his soul out through his throat, leave behind a cold and withered corpse with none but the crows to ever mourn his presence, with Beriadanwen being so far away.

Second, he could shout for the guards-and die the same way, as Noviyn would slice into him as soon as his jaw moved.

But she was gloating, and gloating was buying him precious time to try and think. His mind, though not as jaded and angry, was as analytical as his father's had been, and adrenaline made it thunder in overtime. There was a key advantage-he was a man, and he was younger. Naturally, he had a certain strength that she lacked. His arms were stronger from forced sword lessons. If he was nicked by the dagger, he would have to handle it later.

Quick as a flash, one hand gripped Novyin's arm, yanking her down over the top of the chair where she now staid behind. This would bring her slamming into the table, the sound of which alone would alert the guards posted outside.

But Shae's blood thundered in his ears. The dagger, being upset from the switch in position, found it's way into his own hand, and was now being held steadily underneath Novyin's chin.

Rage tinted his vision red.

The poison. The lashings. Beriadanwen, knowing he had to do what he needed to. Beriadanwen, being framed by this vile woman. Their entire lands being threatened by this one, lecherous witch.

"I should kill you." He growled, his teeth bared. "There's no reason in the whole of Toralian why I shouldn't kill you."

Coast of the South

Lilium looked at Asher when he mentioned that he was cast away from his home, from his tone, she knew it was something forceful rather than a choice. Nobody wanted to be thrown out of the one place they could return too, a place of warmth and comfort. To rest the weary heads for the night without a worry in the world of what might happen, a peaceful rest. Yet, she knew such things were only brought upon those who have shamed their clan. What shame has he committed? Was the curious question she wanted to ask but such a question was far too sensitive to be exchanged between two strangers.

“Exiled, I am not surprised.”

The conversation took a sudden turn, though Lilium had not meant her words in spite, or maybe she did. Those who knew the woman longer knew it was something she would say as she saw no reason to hold her tongue in certain things. But her eyes now rested on Jasper once the older man responded to her question, different lands, different way of life. That was the unspoken rule of the world they walk on, one where respect was needed but not followed, which led them to where they were today. At war.

“Your customs are unfamiliar to me. Strange as it is, but if it is your land that I would be walking on, I shall respect it.”

She said before she turned her head towards the sky, hoping to find her dragon somewhere above the clouds. But only the sun seemed to be the one to greet her with its blazing presence, a sigh escaped her lips as she was grounded for the time being. The talk of drink and alcohol was something that would interest Viras more than Lilium, the woman was rigid in her ways and idea of what “fun” meant. And it showed on her face as she was lost interest in their conversation.

“Is that all you men do? Drink and fight for those who aren’t your King? I see there are many things people like you I need to learn about.”

The white-haired woman said before moving towards the edge of the ship. Lilium watched as the water beat against the wood of ship, the sound of the anchor being raised and soon, they were sailing further away from the shores of the South.

Viras who stood not very far from them decided to interject himself into the conversation. He knew his sister’s opinions of these men, one where it would take far longer to change than their sail back to Tarthen. But for him, he was a simple man who only wanted to make the best out of most situations being thrown at him. He walked up to Lilium and stood beside her while looking down at the bright blue waters.

“I do not mind tasting the fine wine the world would have to offer, I hear the woman are always prettier on the other side.”

He joked as his turquoise eyes now turned to look at Asher with a smile.

“Do not mind Lilium, even since we were children, she never was the most of fun amongst us.”

He teased but when Lilium shot Viras a hard glare, it made the man instantly regard his words but he soon found being out at sea a safer place to challenge his sister. What was the worst she could do out in the ocean where familiarity was deceased to her?

Beriadanwen chuckled lightly as the child spoke, one who held big dreams just like any other children his age. She remembered herself being the same, a small child in a world of odds against her, yet she had managed to come out of it fairly fine. Though she had spent most of her childhood dreaming and imagining herself to be someone else, yet, she would not change the past for what it was. When Angelica spoke of home, Beriadanwen was only able to muster up a small sad smile. One day, another hope she knew was far out of her reach by now. Her chest tightened as she felt the wounds on her back reminding her of why she was on this ship, sailing further away.

“Maybe someday…”

It was all she was able to respond with, without having to explain her reasons. Banished and never to return, that was the punishment she was willing to take. Her hands gripped her mug till her knuckles turned white, she had not realized it till she relaxed her tensed muscles while the boy spoke of their brother. Another one that was banished and she sympathized with them, they must miss him dearly, she thought to herself while she gave Angelica a kind look.

“It seems women are the root of all men’s problems.”

Beriadanwen tried to lighten the mood. She knew the humiliation and the shame towards those around her, it was something she never would wish upon anyone. Her hand moved towards her right shoulder, the flesh underneath still sore, the wound was closed but still, the skin was thin. Fingertips against it felt bolts of lightning, sharp stings, yet it wasn’t as bad as the first time she had received the wound. The sound of the whip-cracking echoed through the halls, the cold air stiffening her joints and muscles but she remembered the fear within herself. A distant memory but one she relived so clearly each time she closed her eyes.

“I am sorry for what happened to your sibling, but I am sure he misses all of you greatly.”

Another attempt to console the woman where Beriadanwen thought there was no need for her to feel ashamed. But something else arised that seemed to worry the elven woman, a diplomat from Shehodorei? Her? Heavy concern washed on her face, from what she could remember during her time in the royal army, most of the diplomats were males and they would never be seated for dinner with the King of Tarthen. Beriadanwen went silent, her brows furrowed as she was deep inside her own head, why would there be a diplomat in Tarthen? Did Shaegar send them? Impossible, she would have been informed, and she would have seen that diplomat leave the forest clearing.

“This diplomat, you said it was a she? Blood Elves are mainly patriarchy in higher court status, I doubt the King would have sent anyone lower. Did you happen to remember what she looked like exactly and why she was there? And what do you mean I look similar to her?”

Beriadanwen now looked directly at Angelica, her green eyes filled with daunting thoughts in her mind. She might have worked herself up for no reason but the thought of Shaegar still in danger, and those who still remained. After the attempt assassination, it was all she had worried about, his safety but from where she was, she was helpless. She trusted Feledor and Draymont to have the situation in their hands but how much were they able to do when they still have yet to find the culprit. In her banishment, she hoped it would allow them to weed them out, allow the assassin to lower their guard even the slightest. Was this now all worth it?

“What are you fretting about?”

Messiah voice sounded in her head as he laid on the wooden floors close to Beriadanwen. He remained calm, his tail swayed from side to side as his eyes now looked up to the three of them sitting by the table.

Shehodorei

Noviyn had been too busy gloating she did not realize Shaegar had managed to turn the tides between them. Before she even had the chance to react to what had happened, she felt her body being thrown towards the desk. The air was knocked right out of her lungs, whatever that was on the table before crashed to the marble floors. A few glasses had shattered while other solid objects were strewn about, Noviyn now felt the cold dagger right under her chin.

Angry was beyond the woman now but the wrath that covered her face soon melted into a smile that continued to mock him. Her eyes narrowed slightly at him as there was no fear of death in hers, too long this woman had toyed with the idea of having the dead under her feet. She saw the fury in his eyes, one she had yet to see before but it was enough to know what she needed to once more escape death.

“I dare you, your majesty. You have proven you are far superior in strength but I would have you know, you kill me and all such plans from Tarthen dies along with me. You would be rendered defenseless when they attack and you think you knew Beriadanwen well. I know my daughter far longer than you have, I know if you did, she would never forgive you for it.”

Of course, the woman had the many shields to hide behind to protect her, one especially she had been using for decades, Beriadanwen. The same gloating expression covered her face as her mirror-like eyes never once leaving his.

The guards rushed into the bedchamber as soon as they heard, the had their swords ready but stopped in the center of things when they saw the King having a consort held in place with a dagger. They were unsure what to do next, to them, the situation seemed to have been resolved on its own.

“Your majesty?”

One called you, as he made his way closer to the two but it did not take long for Feledor to have come running in. He had been making his rounds around the palace as security was tighter than before but the loud crash of glass and metal echoed through the winding halls was enough to send the older man sprinting. And once he had arrived where the King was held for the night, there was too a confused look in his eyes but from the dagger held up to the woman’s neck as she was pinned in place, it was all the signs Feledor needed to come to a conclusion of his own.

“Noviyn”

He seethed the name in his mouth, almost like it was poison itself.

“I knew it, I expected nothing less than a palace whore like yourself. What have you done?”

Feledor now made his way closer to the woman, his eyes burned a bright yellow as he did not stop Shaegar from what he wanted to do because neither wanted this woman alive for her treachery. Beriadanwen suffered for this woman, for her own mother’s faults, his thoughts went back to the young elven woman. The way she had to suffer even with how innocent he had believed her to be and yet, they still sent her away, remorse and regret was the only thing he had felt towards such a decision.

“Your majesty, what will you have us do with this witch?”

Feledor now noticed the dagger that Shaegar held in his hand, it was a strange-looking piece of weapon but it wasn’t how the dagger was crafted, it was the feeling that it emitted that made him worry. A dark matter seemed to have surrounded it, an ill feeling in his gut, such a weapon wasn’t from their lands.

Southern Coast
Asher, who had been rather humorous and far from serious thus far, shifted his demeanor. His hands tightened on the ships' railing, his brow furrowing into something just short of a glare. He wasn't about to attempt an argument to defend himself when it wasn't needed. He was intimately familiar with his own faults, and had lived with the consequences of his actions for years. It was to the point where he wasn't sure if he really missed his family or not, given how easy it seemed for them to cast him out and never bother to send word to him again. And now, this stranger had the audacity to tell him she wasn't surprised.

She didn't know the half of it.

His manner didn't really shift when he was approached by Viras, with Jasper having missed the exchanged in favor of taking a seat and stretching out his legs, which were undoubtably sore. The girl was proving herself less and less likable, even if he did admire her combat skills (and, to an extent, her appearance.) Jasper, though, seemed to get along with almost everyone. "You won't have to worry too much," the bearded man replied, his tone reassuring. "You shouldn't be forced to stay for too long."

Hopefully, Asher thought.

Still, he was a bit more receptive to Viras when he approached. Though the brother was maybe a bit overconfident, Asher shouldn't be angry, as that was a trait which he shared. Not to mention the man had a sense of humor, and was closer to Asher's age, it seemed. "Really? I could never have guessed," he replied with a roll of his eyes, unaware or perhaps unbothered by the fact that Lilium was within earshot. "What do all of you do when you aren't battling each other, anyhow? Doesn't seem to be very much out there in the sand."

Off Tarthen's Shore
Again, the elf's demeanor seemed to lapse into the distance, her memory clearly revisiting a place which was far from pleasant. Angelica's brow knitted a little in concern, eyes still fixed to the other woman's face. What had she done, to be so far from home for such a long time ahead? What had happened to her? Despite her curiosity, Angelica knew better than to voice any of her questions. The subject was probably painful enough, and she didn't want to ask Beriadanwen to revisit those memories. Still, Beriadanwen soon seemed to come back to herself, and Angelica quirked a brow in amusement at her comment.

"If they're all you listen to, I'm sure it would seem that way."

It was a cryptic response, lending a nod to Angelica's typical manner of offering a biting comment that often went over people's heads. Serving as a handmaiden and, most recently, a lady in waiting, she'd been subject to a considerable amount of court gossip, ranging from who was sleeping with who, to plots of rebellion or anarchy. She took everything in when she could, trading information for privileges or to build her loyalty and reputation to whomever she was serving at the time. One could be kind while being cutthroat-and in Tarthen, it was necessary to be both.

A small smile crossed her face as the conversation lingered briefly on her brother. "If he's alive, I'm sure that's true."

"Course he's alive," Rickon piped up. "It's Asher."

Angelica chose not to argue, now interested in the way Beriadanwen seemed to perk up and almost panic as Angelia brought up the stranger she had witnessed while pouring wine. Still, the woman had been freindly, and Angelica was sure she wasn't giving away truly sensitive information. "Um...Let me see. At first, I actually thought she was from up North, where the snow-folk live. Had that kind of look about her. I never caught her name, but if she'd had a personal audience with the King, I'm sure she must have been important. I'll tell you this, though..."

Angelica took a careful glance around before resting one hand on the table and leaning forward, lowering her voice.

"The war with your folk started not a week later. I remember that very well."

Shehodorei
The dagger in his hand was steady, and did not shake. An eerie, deceptive calm made his limbs steady, even as his expression burned with scarcely contained rage.

He lifted the knife, feeling a strong chill crawl up from his palm to his elbow, as though the hilt were made of ice which were old enough to burn. It would be easy-one downward motion, and all cause for the war, for the attacks on the forest, for Beriadanwen's suffering, would be blotted out like so much rain. It was what his father would have done.

'Your majesty?'

Startled, Shaegar glanced upward in time to catch the face of Feledor. His hand tightened on the weapon.

This action, this one action, had the potential to change him forever. Would cement his authority. Would render him unshakeable, his father's son.

That last thought is what makes him place the dagger down.

His hands now finally shaking with rage, his voice was an eerie calm, almost detached.

"The penalty for treason is death," he replied. "But first, we drag out whatever she knows, by any means you see fit. Then, we send word to Elias. Maybe a finger." His eyes flashed with an uncharacteristic cruelty. "Or her head."

Southern Coast

Lilium said nothing when the men spoke, she had her back to them and soon they only became background noises. Her ears only listened to the ocean water that has captivated her interest, something foreign as it wasn’t everyday she got the chance to do so. She did not think the ocean was this wide, though she had been trained to fight, Lilium was sheltered for most of her life. Never once she had gotten the chance to see beyond the sand and heat, she never thought of asking to do so either. Hard like a tortoiseshell, the woman was but she had the willingness to learn and curiosity enough to make her naive.

Viras, on the other hand, was rebellious, thought with restains the man always found a way through the authority given to him by his father. Yet, he always had his mother on his side who seemed to allow the man to run freely across the deserts compared to the rest of his siblings. Never able to sit still for long and always looking for trouble as the many times he would always find an excuse to rival a different nomadic clan. One who was always looking for a fight or something to stir the pot with, his way of life may have made many shook their heads in disapproval but it was one he was content on living by.

Though the two siblings might be a contrast of each other and represented the two different sides of dragon riders, one where it balanced each clan to a whole. But they shared one similarity that would never change, to both Lilium and Viras, family always came first. A foundation of strength built upon the trust of those they cared for, the need to protect those who shared the same blood. It was who they were and it was something that they would keep it within traditions of the south.

Viras laughed at Asher’s comment but Lilium wasn’t too happy with it. There was tension between the two and Viras could sense it, a wounded ego from his sister and a foreigner who might as well see them as what the rest of the world did. Yet, Viras was eager to try to make this journey less of a murder spree but something they could learn from.

“Forgive my sister, not many like yourself tend to journey out through Ekserma Desert to seek dragon riders. To her, you might as well be one of those monstrosities that hides underground. Damned creatures, I say, ever seen one? At best they look like worms, only they are as big as dragons and teeth sharp enough to challenge one itself.”

Viras said with a grin as he gestured the size of the monster he was speaking off with his hands. The south was one of the many continents in the world that breed the wild and vicious. Some a sight for sore eyes while others were the exact nightmares that wet nurses told children who misbehaved.

“You don’t speak for me and as for you, best watch yourself before you would need to start swimming back.”

The woman addressed both of them, her harsh and abrasive demeanor had returned unexpectedly as the change of weather.

“You might just see sand but to us, it is our home. We may not have much but we make it our own, and what we do other than fight, we fight to survive. The south not only is the home to us but a home to many other beings that would take any chance it got to feast upon our children at night. So we fight to keep ourselves alive, may it be strange to you.”

Her words like a serpent, sharp and intentional harsh. Proud as she was of her home but also defensive towards those who might think otherwise.

The information given by Angelica was fairly little for Beriadanwen to come to a conclusion. Still, whoever she had seen from Shehodorei, it was still a mystery but her mind soon slowly filtered through the woman’s words. One who would seem to be a Snow Elf from the north, Evelyn? No, it couldn’t be, she had only arrived not too long ago, similar features to herself, there was only one other elf I would look like. Beriadanwen pushed the thought away, but the more she thought about it, the more the pieces were coming together in her mind. Mother.

There had been times where some have compared Noviyn to a Snow Elf, as both races had ascended from the High Elven race. There would still be traits lingering between their bloodlines which were not a surprise to some. Beriadanwen being the woman’s daughter bore a stark physical resemblance to her mother, it was something that never went unnoticed by many. From facial bone structure to bodily appearance, the two would seem to be from the same mold. And the only difference that would separate the two was the human in Beriadanwen.

“I fear the war between our lands were pre-planned. Forgive me for saying this, Lady Angelica, but rumors of your king do not sit well with many. Especially with the Blood Elves, what his intentions are I do not know but..”

Beriadanwen stopped herself, she feared she might be jumping into a judgment too soon with what little she had to go off by. Yet, if this woman was willing to share such particulars with her, maybe it would not hurt to share her own. She doubted this woman was a spy but she knew many who worked in the palace might as well be with her own experience. However, she needed to take this chance, she needed to know if it would help in any way to save Shehodorei from destruction. Even if she may be far from it, she still would do what she could to help Shaegar, it was the only way she saw to have such memories remain, something she wasn’t ready to let go off.

“Not many days ago, there was an attempt assassination on the King of Shehodorei. I fear the suspect still lingers within the palace grounds and I fear that the King isn’t as safe as I thought he would be when I left.”

The woman soon realized she might have given more than needed, she cursed herself silently for such a mistake.

“I wish there was something I could do to help but, as you can see, I am in no position too. No means to communicate nor even send a messenger bird.”

Beriadanwen looked as defeated as before which led Messiah to nudge the woman’s arm with his nose gently.

“Do not blame yourself, you did what you could to help before but it is not in your hands anymore.”

He told her as he did his best to console the woman.

Beriadanwen turned to look at Messiah and back to the woman and the child before her.

“Thank you for trusting me with such information but I must return you the favor as I have not spoken the fullest of my truth.”

By now Beriadanwen was ordering more drinks, as each mug was always polished off till there was nothing left. The more she stayed lucid, the worse she would feel, was it the motion of the sea making her ill? Or the feeling of guilt on her own incompetence?

“I am no noble-born, I am by far from it. I was once part of the royal scout from Shehodorei before, just like your brother, cast out of my own home. I did nothing wrong but was framed for someone else’s fault, yet I did nothing to save myself in lew to save another from judgment. Now, I am nothing more than a shameful reminder and powerless to do anything that might save my home and those I still care for. If what you have told me to be true, he is in more danger than I thought.”

There was relief in her voice, a relief to have finally told someone else other than the black lion or Vladislav. To keep it all to herself seemed to have stifled the woman, and since the night she had left, it was the most she had ever spoken in days. Beriadanwen was known to be quiet but to never utter more than a few sentences were starting to make the woman feel as though she was a wraith rather than a being. But not far from their table, Vladislav was smiling to himself, he sensed the woman’s pain like a predator waiting for its prey.

Standing from where he was sitting, he made his way silently across the dining area and towards the table where they sat. Messiah quickly stood up and moved away from where Vladislav was standing with his tail between his legs. Whatever that man was, it scared him to no end, Beriadanwen felt a chill ran down her spine once more as the man approached, her hands gripped the mug of ale tight as her jaw clenched. Her muscles tensed from his minatory presence, her green eyes looked up from where she sat to his face, horrid looking it was. How was one able to look upon this man without the urge to look away? Was the only thought that across her mind each time he presented himself to her.

“Forgive my interruption but I could not help but listen in to your little discussion. Here I was trying to save you the shame of being banished but I see you have your own reasons but a proposal I might have for you if you wish to listen.”

He said with a big bright smile, his lips chapped to the point it was bleeding, his gums were just as black as the protruding veins against his translucent ill-looking skin, but his eyes were as hungry as a hawk watching its dinner.

Shehodorei

Feledor turned to look right at Shaegar, the words that came from him was as alien as the lands to the west. He had never known the young King to resolve a problem with such violence but orders were made and he and to adhere to them. With a nod, Feledor waved a hand to the guards to take the woman down to the holding cells, the same one where Beriadanwen was treated with poor respect. He too expected for Noviyn to be treated no different. Without another word, the two guards escorted Noviyn away but of course, the woman had to have the last say.

“You will regret this decision, you will burn for your own mistake. You will never be a King.”

The woman said, screaming her words at Shaegar almost as the two guards restrained the woman from leashing out once more. The commotion from it all was enough to wake those who had rooms in close quarters, and one would be that of Lady Evelyn who had been peering through the small crack of her door. Her icy blue eyes watched with interest as the guards now pulled Noviyn away, the candle lights show the shadows of those who still remained in the room.

“Silence the woman.”

Feledor ordered them to do so before they had disappeared down the halls. The general turned his head towards the King, unsure what more to say. The woman had played them like a lute but her reign ends here but trying to extract information from her was going to be as difficult as pulling teeth.

“Your majesty, are you hurt? Do you need me to call a healer?”

Concerned as the older man was, he was still unsure of the decision of orders he had made earlier.

“Your majesty, might your anger be blinding your judgment but are you sure you want to aggravate the situation further with such dire tactics? We do not know what Noviyn relationship towards Tarthen is or what she has schemed. Please, your majesty, I beg you to reconsider ”

Feledor tried to plead sense into the younger man but he did not know if his words would mean much at the moment.

Evelyn was now leaning against the wall that was right beside the open door, she could hear the exchange between the two. Her interest had led her to leave the comfort of her bedchambers only to feed upon the information that played out tonight. Such a kingdom she was promised too, such people to betray their own, something she never expected from such a grand kingdom like Shehodorei.

At the back of her mind, she recalled this woman, Noviyn, to be the mother of the blonde elven who was banished a week ago. Evelyn had keen ears when the maids and handmaidens would speak amongst themselves, like a sponge, she absorbed as much information as she could from these elven people. Something was brewed in the air and any blind man could see it, smell it and even taste it, such a promise of a secure position and reign was threatened. And it would be her head alongside Shaegar’s if the enemy would succeed, a price she was not willing to pay, one she did not see as fair.

Yet, she remained listening for more. Even if she was taught to be as refine and decorous, she had her own mind to herself. To judge those around her without it being befouled by another, but from what she had heard from Shaegar, rumors spoke true. These beings were bloodthirsty as many had said and from her time of being a watcher from the distance, from the blonde elven woman to beheading a consort. She truly did not know who she was about to be married off too but who was she to refute such an arrangement by her parents, to her, it was all she was told as a child.

Last edited:
Southern Coast
Had their conversation drifted, Viras would have found some degree of understanding when it came to Asher's own background. Though he wasn't descended from any Chieftain the way the two riders were, there had still been an expectation waiting for Asher to fill in after his older brother passed, suddenly bestowing the mantle of eldest son upon him instead. This had left him with power and responsibility he neither wanted nor was suited for. He was better on his own, managing his own pathway while not pretending to be anything other than who he was.

Still, he would have preferred an alternative route other than being banished and disgraced. Still, he turned his attention to Viras once again at the mention of all the other various horrors that lurked in the dessert. "There's all kinds of stories told about that place. Sand worms, snakes with the torsos of women, lions as large as mountains...I have a feeling most of them are dreamed up by travelers half mad with thirst. But, maybe you can tell me where to find those snake ladies."

And speaking of venomous females....It seemed Lilium took some offense to their conversation. Asher folded his arms, observing her with an air of slight impatience. "I don't think anyone here would dare speak for you, Lady Lilium." Asher replied, his tone bearing a hint of humor. "For one thing, I doubt anyone has the time."

Picking a fight? It could be construed that way, but Asher figured she was the one making comments to begin with. Snd, if she would, there was no reason why he couldn't fire back. What was she going to do? Stab him? ....He hoped not. Maybe he ought to take a step back.

"I meant no offense to your home. I do mean that." Asher added, glancing between the two siblings. "It's only...Different. Very different. I'm sure Tarthen will look the same to you."

"What Asher means," came a second voice, as Jasper approached the small group, "Is that he's got a smart mouth and never shuts up."

The glare from the younger man went unnoticed. Still, his mentor seemed to have rested himself enough for the time being-he certainly appeared less tired. "Can I offer any refreshment to the two of you? There's still enough supplies below deck to last us."

Again, Angelica's expression mirrored the practiced blankness of a skilled politician, a skill perhaps unexpected of someone in her station. When it came to speaking ill of the king, or any aspect of his rule, one had to be extremely careful. Angelica still remembered when one girl-a new one, sent for serving in the kitchens, had whispered too loudly about her disapproval regarding the King's policy on foreigners. She'd vanished the next day, and no one had much to say regarding where she had gone. Sent off shore, maybe, or to some dark cellar somewhere.

Still, the prospect of the war being plotted...It was troubling, and would be even more so to Beriadanwen, who's people were certainly at stake. Confident that Rickon was too bored by the political speech, Angelia decided to choose her words very carefully. "....Well." she said, her speech soft and slow. "Where would my allegiance lie, if not with King Elias? I'm not educated enough to speak on such matters so openly." A lie. Her mother had seen to it that Angelica was taught the ins and outs of speech and policy, so she'd be able to fend for herself if anyone tried to talk her into something.

Still, she couldn't help the expression of shock that flickered across her face. Assasination? That was a previous crime in any nation, and the Elvish were particularly loyal to themselves. The prospect of someone plotting against the Elvish King from within the forest...Angelica was sure it was unheard of. "You think someone there did it?" She whispered, appalled. "That's never happened before, not in history." Stunned, she gave a slow shake of her head. "This whole thing gets muddier and muddier, doesn't it?"

If Messiah cowered at the presence of the necromancer, Rickon just about jumped out of his skin. Swalloing, the boy attempted to muster up what could be considered a defiant expression, but the way he shifted closer to his sister betrayed the fact that the man unsettled him. Angelica herself looked no more comfortable with his presence. Still, she was thankful his attention appeared to be exclusive to Beriadanwen-though what he wanted with her was anyone's guess. Angelica retreated back a little into her seat, nursing her wine. She'd need a few more drinks if she had to keep sitting near this fellow, that was for sure.

Shehodorei
Silence rang out as the woman's screams died down the hall, leaving only Sheagar and Feledor, buried under the weight of his own ruthless speech.The words had been spoken in a strong fit of rage, but once again, the king appeared drained in the aftermath. His eyes settled on the dagger, and he nudged it away with his boot before sinking down into the chair close by the upturned one. His face paled, and he looked, all at once, very alone.

"What would you have me do?" he asked, his voice flat and defeated. "Dragons now come from the south. Men come from the west. Help from the Snow Elves will be slow, and will almost certainly get here too late. The only person I felt I could trust is gone for the rest of her long life. What would you have me do?"

A horrible thought had entered his mind ever since Noviyn had first given him the news-the idea that he may be the last monarch of the Blood Elves, that their lands would be blotted out in one fell swoop, the magic beneath their soil drained like ancient wells, the forests used for kindling. "I can't sit here while Elias plays us for idiots. I can't do that."

But still, the macabre message was not the usual manner for Blood Elves.

"I can't see any way I can let her live. When this is all over-even if she proves useful to us-she'll have to die. It is the way of things." Of this, he was certain.

But still, a voice in the back of his mind that sounded suspiciously akin to a young child, asked again: Why was it she hated him so very much?

"But in the meantime, I don't know what we should do. With her. With ourselves. With Elias." Shaegar shook his head. "With anyone."

Southern Coast

“And all such you have heard is true”

Viras said with a laugh as he too had a few scars that covered his body. Ones that he had been inflicted with when he and a few of his siblings had fended off a few of these monstrosities from their campsite. But before he could get another word in, Asher was already addressing his sister, one who did not look too pleased with the man’s words.

Lilium’s brows knitted tightly together, the woman had tensed up once more as the man had decided to further add fuel to the fire. How much trouble would she be if she would throw this man off the ship? Was all she had thought about since he had opened his mouth to speak. She took a step closer, she wanted to challenge him again but another voice had forced her head to turn to their direction. The older gentleman now spoke which led Lilium to take a step away from Asher.

“That is kind of you to offer but indeed we will take such a break from the heat. I wonder if the time away from the sun will do us some good.”

Viras said to Jasper with a small nod and a smile.

“I hear you have wine that is the talk of your Kingdom? Will you be joining Lilium?”

Viras called out as he was already on his way below deck. Lilium shook her head at how easily her brother was pleased but she was more concerned about where her dragon was. There was no sign of it in the skies, no shadow figure to catch in the reflection of the water. She started to worry, without her dragon, there will be no way of giving these people what they had asked for. Her deep brown eyes now turned to the skies again.

“Where are you?”

Her words were for no one in particular. Her hands gripped the railing of the ship tightly as an anxious feeling started to settle in the pit of her stomach.

Of the Shore of Tarthen

Beriadanwen flinched when Vladislav spoke, the man was a real sight for sore eyes as she evaded her green ones from him. Her hand gripped her empty mug tightly as she went silent as the Northern cold. Messiah was pressed right up behind Beriadanwen but his red eyes watched the man with vigilance, he did not know what this man’s intentions were but it can not be good.

Vladislav noticed how the rest of the table seem to avoid him like the plague but he did not mind as it was something he was used too, a small price to pay for what he could do with given power. He first turned to the little one who spoke much earlier.

“A squire? Such an intelligence boy as yourself would rather pick up a sword instead of an arcane book of knowledge? The West is filled with them but such a course of sea might be one for the future.”

The man spoke but this time his voice sounded as if he was drowning. His eyes now shifted to the woman who had sat by the blonde elven being, he questioned her and her presence but he said nothing for the moment. However, he would watch that one closely. Out of his black ghostly sleeves, he procured a small ring and placed it on the table in front of them. A gold band that needed more polish than the years preserved it as black ashes had dulled the shine but it wasn’t the gold band that made Beriadanwen shift in her seat uncomfortably. It was the sinister gemstone that sat at the forefront of the ring, a black Onyx stone that reflected all of their reflections into it.

“This might help all your problems, it is only what you want to make of it.”

The Necromancer spoke before he floated away and disappeared into the crowd, never to be seen for the rest of the night. Beriadanwen could not help but have her eyes glued to the piece of jewelry, something so small that omitted something so minacious. Yet she was drawn it like a bee to honey, No, it’s not right, is it? She went back and forth with herself but in the end, she chose to ignore, for now.

Beriadanwen cleared her throat and ordered another mug of ale, when to stop wasn’t the question tonight. A small smile returned to her lips as she looked at the boy who looked just as frightened as Messiah was.

“Don’t be afraid of him, sometimes a dog’s bark is louder than their bite.”

She hoped her words would bring what little comfort back to the table with that ring still faced towards them.

“Forgive me as that man does not understand boundaries as he is a friend of my mother. I wonder why he had traveled all the way from the West, usually, it was much later that the man would be present in the East.”

Beriadanwen said apologetically to Angelica and Rickon as she hand reached over to Messiah.

“History changes from each generation, the Blood Elves are loyal to their own but if history is right, the Blood Elves are prone to be intoxicated with power. It might not be magic as power comes in all shapes and forms, one where I would never understand. No one completely immune to such, no even the humans.”

As the mug of ale reached their table, Beriadanwen had paid the young woman with coins before she continued to drink as though she was a fish.

Shehodorei

Feledor made his way over to where Sheagar had kicked the dagger too and picked it up in his hands before he dropped it instantly. Such a feeling made him recoil into his skin, all the years of being alive and gathered experience, he knew very well what that feeling meant. Necromancy, *how is this allowed within Shehodorei grounds, let alone in the palace?* he questioned. He needed to do more digging than just to pull information out of Noviyn, which is something he did not look forward too.

He turned to look at the King, he understood the pressure that fell onto his shoulders but from what information he was given there was no time to waste.

“Your majesty, I can not bring much peace to your mind now. Beriadanwen could be anywhere in the world but you need to remember, your people rely on you to protect them. This is what Elias wants, when you show weakness, it will be when he comes like the vulture he is.”

Feledor spoke but he wasn’t sure if his words would fall on deaf ears or not.

“I will see too to the extraction of information and once we get what we need, I’ll see to the woman’s execution as ordered. You are right, we can not spare her life as we do not know what else she is capable of. For now your majesty, your responsibilities are to your people, I trust your judgment as I trusted your father’s.”

He reached for a cloth that was sitting by the table before he used it as a barrier between his flesh and the dagger. He assessed the weapon carefully but the feeling of lapse security worried him.

“Where did you find this, your majesty?”

The older man asked as he now looked right at Shaegar, his brows furrowed slightly.

“Necromancy had been banished from the lands years ago by your father but someone it seemed to have found it’s way back. Trifling with such magic can be detrimental to the people but you do need your rest before anything comes.”

Feledor made his way out of the room but his eyes now turned to notice Evelyn by the door, one of his brows raised at the woman.

“Lady Evelyn?”

He said as the woman too stared back at the man with her pale blue eyes.

“Have you come to see the king?”

The man questioned as he now had the dagger away from sight. Evelyn only shook her head, she had heard what she needed too before she dipped her head in respect for the older man.

“Forgive my intrusion, General Feledor, I have only lost my way after deciding a stroll upon my restless mind.”

She said kindly but they both knew it was a bald-faced lie. However, Feledor did not question the woman further but escorted her back to her chambers before he bid the woman a goodnight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back