• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings ๐ฌ๐ฒ๐ณ๐ฒ'๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐š๐ซ๐ญ๐ง๐ž๐ซ ๐ฌ๐ž๐š๐ซ๐œ๐ก! || ๐จ๐ซ๐ข๐ ๐ข๐ง๐š๐ฅ ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐จ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ง๐๐จ๐ฆ [๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–+]

syzygems

professional napper and joke-teller
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check

Acarophobia || {Minsung} โœ“ - 20 - Wattpad
Green Aesthetics. ๐Ÿƒ on Tumblr
Discover more than 60 green anime aesthetic gif - in.cdgdbentre

ห—หห‹ my house of stone, your ivy grows... ยดหŽห—

green dividers

๐š๐›๐จ๐ฎ๐ญ ๐ฆ๐ž! โ”€โ”€โ”€.เณƒเฟ
โžบ Hi, hi! Lovely to meet you! You can call me Syzy or Syz (she/they)! I'm 22 years old and have been roleplaying for about 10 years on and off! I hail from a tiny town in the Southeastern U.S. (EST) and spend most of my time working as both a beginner cicerone and retail worker. For fun, however, I enjoy writing poetry, drawing digitally, and consuming way too many video essays on various random topics. Some weirder hobbies are tarot card reading, vintage camera and stationary collecting, mediocre pastry baking, and sweaty MCCI Battle Box grinding. Some people also say I'm kind of funny. Just a little.

โžบ I graduated from my undergrad with a degree in English and a minor in history, which clearly shows in my writing styles and interests. At the moment, I am currently putting in applications for graduate study on both the M.A. and PhD. level, as I hope to become a literary historian and professor sometime in the future! I am both certified in teaching and worked as a writing instructor for a hot minute back in college. I love helping people out in those areas, obvious, so don't be afraid to ask!

๐ ๐ž๐ง๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ฅ ๐ซ๐ฎ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ! โ”€โ”€โ”€.เณƒเฟ
โžบ You MUST be over the age of 18! I would prefer 20+, but I have some wiggle room depending on who I'm talking to. I am not a minor, therefore I do not wish to interact with them. No hard feelings, just comfortability!

โžบ If you're interested in anything on this post, please shoot me a PM instead of commenting!

โžบ I am super LGBTQIA+ friendly, being queer myself, so I will tell you that right out the gate! I have more experience playing female and non-binary characters, but I do not have hard-set rules on pairings! If any of that bothers you, unkindly go bitch and moan about it.

โžบ I can roleplay both onsite and on Discord, but I prefer Discord for OOC chatter and plotting. I like to be organized, and I have too many fun emotes to let go to waste. I also tend to stay away from coded roleplays because I am both colorblind and have generally bad peepers, so they are difficult for me to work with!

โžบ Because of my whacky schedule, response times tend to fluctuate for me. I can go anywhere from one response every few days to multiple responses in a single day. I am most active in the morning, either way!

โžบ I am relatively ghost friendly! Life comes first, but please let me know if you aren't feeling what we are doing. Communication is huge, and I also just like knowing my partners are doing okay in any sense. โค

๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฌ!
โ”€โ”€โ”€.เณƒเฟ
โžบ Below are just some general spews of tropes, pairings, genres, and aesthetics that exemplify things I like to write! I don't have fleshed out ideas for these; they more just serve to spark some inspiration!

general pairings:

โ†ณ reformed villain & morally corrupt hero
โ†ณ avidly pragmatic atheist who always finds trouble & the village's mystical apothecary owner who tends to the aftermath
โ†ณ lonely lighthouse keeper & the ghost that keeps them company
โ†ณ opportunistic mystery writer & stoic noir detective
โ†ณ fanatical cryptid hunter and the assistant who does not believe in anything, but really is hurting for the cash
โ†ณ tired librarian & the cocky researcher with an upcoming thesis
โ†ณ unrelenting civilian adversary & the government figurehead questioning their own politics

tropes 'n themes:
โ†ณ post-apocalyptic survival
โ†ณ spaghetti westerns w/ a supernatural/horror twist
โ†ณ southern gothicism
โ†ณ small towns with dark secrets
โ†ณ costume dramas/historical period pieces
โ†ณ hanahaki disease
โ†ณ band of misfits
โ†ณ morally grey/ambiguus characters
โ†ณ enemies/rivals/annoyances to friends/lovers

โ†ณ historical fantasy/light fantasy
โ†ณ many, many, many more!

fandoms (not exclusively fandoms I am in currently, but things I am experienced writing in the past):
โ†ณ fallout series
โ†ณ spider-man
โ†ณ sonic the hedgehog
โ†ณ teenage mutant ninja turtles
**I really only roleplay fandoms on a case-by-case basis. I much more prefer original stories in original worlds, but depending on the person and the idea, I am willing to either play around with OCs in a canon world and much more rarely canon characters in a canon world. Don't be afraid to ask, though!**

proper plots:
โ†ณ heaven above and faith below (small-town, thriller, mystery; inspired by Night in the Woods and, loosely, Stardew Valley):

Sometimes the pressure of the big city just gets to you, ya know? Muse A and Muse B are both close companions who embody the "ride or die" trope. When one of them suggests running away from it all and starting over in a small, quiet town on the very edge of the county line, the other is more than ready to go with them. The shack of a house on a simple plot of land they found needs a lot of work to be worth much, but it sure as hell beats what they left behind in their eyes. The residents of the town seem as kind as can be, but something is just... off. Muse A swears to have seen the dim beam of a flashlight through a window one night. Dark figures lurk on the edge of the property. Mysterious objects are buried in the garden. Muse B assures them that it's simply the newly found jitters and culture shock of seclusion, but Muse A isn't letting up and drags them on a journey uncovering the wild and horrifying small-town secrets that hide behind a soft-spoken population and humble family businesses.

โ†ณ when I have crost the bar (fantasy, supernatural, drama):

Muse A is a witch's apprentice who is trying their hardest to practice and perfect their abilities in order to finally become a full-fledged witch of their own. Muse B, one of the village's local delivery people, hardly knows them on a personal level but stays up-to-date on their progress every time they drop off supplies. On the day they decide to stay just a tiny bit longer and get a closer look at their activities, the unthinkable occurs. There's an age-old question that floats around mystical circles. It has never been tested for obvious reasons, only theorized about. What happens if you cast a resurrection spell on an already living person? Some may say nothing at all, and that would seemingly make sense. Others argue that it would simply take the place of a healing spell. Unfortunately, Muse A is a little too curious, and Muse B is a little too adventurous. Muse B is suddenly transformed into an unthinkable entity, punished by the spirits from a safeguard put in place to detour power-hungry magic users from utilizing such a delicate spell in improper ways. They are cursed with an insatiable urge to destroy those they care for most with their newfound strength and monstrous abilities. Muse A, the only person who recognizes them now, is determined to find whatever solution exists to reverse the curse and fix their mistake. As nothing more than acquaintances, there should be no threat of Muse B harming the one person who can help them... right?

โ†ณ twin stars of leda (supernatural, medieval, gothic):

There are whisperings inside the tavern of the new resident who has settled inside a lonesome cottage at the edge of town. Muse A is an interesting character: a drifter who floats from village to village under false names and experiences, pulling in the curiosity of local drunkards who gravitate towards their natural charm and pleasant appearance. No one is any wiser when one of those said drunkards is never seen again after a visit. Many brush it off as a poor, inebriated idiot wandering into the woods or drinking themselves to ruin, but Muse B, the tavern owner and only sober person in sight, just so happened to catch a glimpse of who they left with. They began to keep an eye on the mysterious stranger, going so far as to follow them one night after yet another amorous exchange with a patron. No one could have prepared them for the scene they were about to walk in on. THAT, my friend, is most certainly not paint, and those teeth are NOT supposed to be able to do that.

โ†ณ draw the curtain back for venus (celestial, science-fiction, thriller; inspired by the mobile game Lifeline):

Space travel is something that we as humans have always been fascinated by. Our earth can only handle so much before she gives, and this has only grown a more frightening possibility with time. For years, scientists have been looking for other places we could perhaps call our home. After sending a probe to one of the most viable discoveries in recent years, a team was tasked with taking part in the first manned ship to go check it out in person. All seemed well until the control center suddenly lost contact with them, leading to a hasty PR scramble and shoddily thrown together rescue effort led by Muse A and their assistant, Muse B. Their rescue team managed to reach the planet successful, but things seemed... odd. There was what seemed to be an entire base fully constructed and relatively operational, despite the lost team only going dark about a week prior. Scattered writings from the missing captain are full of scribbles and frantic writings of some 'thing'. And is that... a crew member standing over there on that hill?

โ†ณ water, water, everywhere (horror, thalassic, survival; inspired by the NOC+10 and Cloverfield ARGs):

Our very oceans are notoriously untouched to an unnerving degree. What truly lies at the depths of the great blue beast is a mystery begging to be solved by those bold and brave (or stupid) enough to venture below. After years of technological advancements, heated political arguments, and tight economic budgeting, the construction of a deepwater research facility has just been completedโ€”inside the Challenger Deep, more recognizably known as the veeeery bottom of the Mariana Trench. With the government funds pretty much dried up (pun certainly intended), only two scientists are able to be sent down in order to upkeep the technology and archive their findings. It should be obvious to learn there were not many volunteers for such a journey. Said scientists were picked at random and risked losing it all in the eyes of their field if they did not agree, and the very idea of being able to claim the discovery of something perhaps groundbreaking was enticing enough to a few up-and-coming experts. Muse A and Muse B have just begun their extended stay isolated from the rest of the human world with nothing but the single-celled amoebas, the shotty-at-best computer signal, and themselves to bide their time. Nothing of note has been found yet, but... does that lamp look like it's shaking, to you? No worries! We'll just get in contact with the main base'sโ€”
[๐™Ž๐™„๐™‚๐™‰๐˜ผ๐™‡ ๐™‡๐™Š๐™Ž๐™... ๐™Ž๐™”๐™Ž๐™๐™€๐™ˆ๐™Ž ๐™๐™€๐˜ฝ๐™Š๐™Š๐™๐™„๐™‰๐™‚... ๐˜ผ๐™๐™๐™€๐™ˆ๐™‹๐™๐™€๐˜ฟ ๐˜ฝ๐˜ผ๐˜พ๐™†๐™๐™‹ ๐™„๐™‰ ๐™‹๐™๐™Š๐™‚๐™๐™€๐™Ž๐™Ž...]

๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฌ๐ญ๐ฒ๐ฅ๐ž! โ”€โ”€โ”€.เณƒเฟ
โžบ I'm very narrative with my writing and often like to delve introspectively into my character(s) when given the chance. A lot of what I like to write traverses the relationship between characters and the world around them. Questions of morality and philosophy often arise, but all of that is embellished by an almost humorously dry and sarcastic narration at times. This does mean that my writing can be considerably long at times with multiple paragraphs, as I describe myself as a formally literate or novella-ish writer. I do shift this depending on who I roleplay with, so do not be intimidated. I very frequently match my length to my partner, however, I do not bother with single-sentence responses.

โžบ I exclusively write in the third person unless I'm having some fun from a narrator's perspective and want to play with 4th wall things. That's kind of a standard in writing, so it shouldn't come as a surprise. I find writing in the second person can just make things awkward at some points.

โžบ I don't really mess around with face claims or extensive character sheets unless you specifically request one from me, so I do not expect anything like that from you unless you really want to. Pointing back to my first point, I prefer to explore characters while writing about their experiences aside from general background knowledge. I do eat up headcanons and the like, so please share those with me. I love nothing more than to geek out about what we are writing about. You made a playlist for your character or the roleplay as a whole? Give me. Hand it over. I have a love for art, so I might toss some art of plot points or characters your way if I am inspired.

โžบ Most, if not all of my characters will always be over the age of 18. I make exceptions for characters younger if it is essential to the plot, but that is very rare for a main character I'm writing.

โžบ I'm not one to stray away from darker topics and themes (everyone loves to make a character suffer now and then; angst is one of my favorite themes), but if you want to get down and dirty, I ask that you speak with me about it first. I don't have many triggers with writing, but it is certainly common courtesy to ask beforehand, anyways. Anything having to do with mental illness, abuse, explicit violence, etc. should be discussed respectfully beforehand.

Last edited by a moderator:
mobile-friendlier // plaintext version!

- Hi, hi! Lovely to meet you! You can call me Syzy or Syz (she/they)! I'm 22 years old and have been roleplaying for about 10 years on and off! I hail from a tiny town in the Southeastern U.S. (EST) and spend most of my time working as both a beginner cicerone and retail worker. For fun, however, I enjoy writing poetry, drawing digitally, and consuming way too many video essays on various random topics. Some weirder hobbies are tarot card reading, vintage camera and stationary collecting, mediocre pastry baking, and sweaty MCCI Battle Box grinding. Some people also say I'm kind of funny. Just a little.

- I graduated from my undergrad with a degree in English and a minor in history, which clearly shows in my writing styles and interests. At the moment, I am currently putting in applications for graduate study on both the M.A. and PhD. level, as I hope to become a literary historian and professor sometime in the future! I am both certified in teaching and worked as a writing instructor for a hot minute back in college. I love helping people out in those areas, obvious, so don't be afraid to ask!

- You MUST be over the age of 18! I would prefer 20+, but I have some wiggle room depending on who I'm talking to. I am not a minor, therefore I do not wish to interact with them. No hard feelings, just comfortability!

- If you're interested in anything on this post, please shoot me a PM instead of commenting!

- I am super LGBTQIA+ friendly, being queer myself, so I will tell you that right out the gate! I have more experience playing female and non-binary characters, but I do not have hard-set rules on pairings! If any of that bothers you, unkindly go bitch and moan about it.

- I can roleplay both onsite and on Discord, but I prefer Discord for OOC chatter and plotting. I like to be organized, and I have too many fun emotes to let go to waste. I also tend to stay away from coded roleplays because I am both colorblind and have generally bad peepers, so they are difficult for me to work with!

- Because of my whacky schedule, response times tend to fluctuate for me. I can go anywhere from one response every few days to multiple responses in a single day. I am most active in the morning, either way!

- I am relatively ghost friendly! Life comes first, but please let me know if you aren't feeling what we are doing. Communication is huge, and I also just like knowing my partners are doing okay in any sense. โค

- Below are just some general spews of tropes, pairings, genres, and aesthetics that exemplify things I like to write! I don't have fleshed out ideas for these; they more just serve to spark some inspiration!

general pairings:
โ†ณ reformed villain & morally corrupt hero
โ†ณ avidly pragmatic atheist who always finds trouble & the village's mystical apothecary owner who tends to the aftermath
โ†ณ lonely lighthouse keeper & the ghost that keeps them company
โ†ณ opportunistic mystery writer & stoic noir detective
โ†ณ fanatical cryptid hunter and the assistant who does not believe in anything, but really is hurting for the cash
โ†ณ tired librarian & the cocky researcher with an upcoming thesis
โ†ณ unrelenting civilian adversary & the government figurehead questioning their own politics

tropes 'n themes:
โ†ณ post-apocalyptic
survival
โ†ณ spaghetti westerns w/ a supernatural/horror twist
โ†ณ southern gothicism
โ†ณ small towns with dark secrets
โ†ณ costume dramas/historical period pieces
โ†ณ hanahaki disease
โ†ณ band of misfits
โ†ณ morally grey/ambiguus characters
โ†ณ enemies/rivals/annoyances to friends/lovers

โ†ณ historical fantasy/light fantasy
โ†ณ many, many, many more!

fandoms (not exclusively fandoms I am in currently, but things I am experienced writing in the past):
โ†ณ fallout series
โ†ณ spider-man
โ†ณ sonic the hedgehog
โ†ณ teenage mutant ninja turtles
**I really only roleplay fandoms on a case-by-case basis. I much more prefer original stories in original worlds, but depending on the person and the idea, I am willing to either play around with OCs in a canon world and much more rarely canon characters in a canon world. Don't be afraid to ask, though!**

proper plots:
โ†ณ heaven above and faith below (small-town, thriller, mystery; inspired by Night in the Woods and, loosely, Stardew Valley):

Sometimes the pressure of the big city just gets to you, ya know? Muse A and Muse B are both close companions who embody the "ride or die" trope. When one of them suggests running away from it all and starting over in a small, quiet town on the very edge of the county line, the other is more than ready to go with them. The shack of a house on a simple plot of land they found needs a lot of work to be worth much, but it sure as hell beats what they left behind in their eyes. The residents of the town seem as kind as can be, but something is just... off. Muse A swears to have seen the dim beam of a flashlight through a window one night. Dark figures lurk on the edge of the property. Mysterious objects are buried in the garden. Muse B assures them that it's simply the newly found jitters and culture shock of seclusion, but Muse A isn't letting up and drags them on a journey uncovering the wild and horrifying small-town secrets that hide behind a soft-spoken population and humble family businesses.

โ†ณ when I have crost the bar (fantasy, supernatural, drama):

Muse A is a witch's apprentice who is trying their hardest to practice and perfect their abilities in order to finally become a full-fledged witch of their own. Muse B, one of the village's local delivery people, hardly knows them on a personal level but stays up-to-date on their progress every time they drop off supplies. On the day they decide to stay just a tiny bit longer and get a closer look at their activities, the unthinkable occurs. There's an age-old question that floats around mystical circles. It has never been tested for obvious reasons, only theorized about. What happens if you cast a resurrection spell on an already living person? Some may say nothing at all, and that would seemingly make sense. Others argue that it would simply take the place of a healing spell. Unfortunately, Muse A is a little too curious, and Muse B is a little too adventurous. Muse B is suddenly transformed into an unthinkable entity, punished by the spirits from a safeguard put in place to detour power-hungry magic users from utilizing such a delicate spell in improper ways. They are cursed with an insatiable urge to destroy those they care for most with their newfound strength and monstrous abilities. Muse A, the only person who recognizes them now, is determined to find whatever solution exists to reverse the curse and fix their mistake. As nothing more than acquaintances, there should be no threat of Muse B harming the one person who can help them... right?

โ†ณ twin stars of leda (supernatural, medieval, gothic):

There are whisperings inside the tavern of the new resident who has settled inside a lonesome cottage at the edge of town. Muse A is an interesting character: a drifter who floats from village to village under false names and experiences, pulling in the curiosity of local drunkards who gravitate towards their natural charm and pleasant appearance. No one is any wiser when one of those said drunkards is never seen again after a visit. Many brush it off as a poor, inebriated idiot wandering into the woods or drinking themselves to ruin, but Muse B, the tavern owner and only sober person in sight, just so happened to catch a glimpse of who they left with. They began to keep an eye on the mysterious stranger, going so far as to follow them one night after yet another amorous exchange with a patron. No one could have prepared them for the scene they were about to walk in on. THAT, my friend, is most certainly not paint, and those teeth are NOT supposed to be able to do that.

โ†ณ draw the curtain back for venus (celestial, science-fiction, thriller; inspired by the mobile game Lifeline):

Space travel is something that we as humans have always been fascinated by. Our earth can only handle so much before she gives, and this has only grown a more frightening possibility with time. For years, scientists have been looking for other places we could perhaps call our home. After sending a probe to one of the most viable discoveries in recent years, a team was tasked with taking part in the first manned ship to go check it out in person. All seemed well until the control center suddenly lost contact with them, leading to a hasty PR scramble and shoddily thrown together rescue effort led by Muse A and their assistant, Muse B. Their rescue team managed to reach the planet successful, but things seemed... odd. There was what seemed to be an entire base fully constructed and relatively operational, despite the lost team only going dark about a week prior. Scattered writings from the missing captain are full of scribbles and frantic writings of some 'thing'. And is that... a crew member standing over there on that hill?

โ†ณ water, water, everywhere (horror, thalassic, survival; inspired by the NOC+10 and Cloverfield ARGs):

Our very oceans are notoriously untouched to an unnerving degree. What truly lies at the depths of the great blue beast is a mystery begging to be solved by those bold and brave (or stupid) enough to venture below. After years of technological advancements, heated political arguments, and tight economic budgeting, the construction of a deepwater research facility has just been completedโ€”inside the Challenger Deep, more recognizably known as the veeeery bottom of the Mariana Trench. With the government funds pretty much dried up (pun certainly intended), only two scientists are able to be sent down in order to upkeep the technology and archive their findings. It should be obvious to learn there were not many volunteers for such a journey. Said scientists were picked at random and risked losing it all in the eyes of their field if they did not agree, and the very idea of being able to claim the discovery of something perhaps groundbreaking was enticing enough to a few up-and-coming experts. Muse A and Muse B have just begun their extended stay isolated from the rest of the human world with nothing but the single-celled amoebas, the shotty-at-best computer signal, and themselves to bide their time. Nothing of note has been found yet, but... does that lamp look like it's shaking, to you? No worries! We'll just get in contact with the main base'sโ€” [๐™Ž๐™„๐™‚๐™‰๐˜ผ๐™‡ ๐™‡๐™Š๐™Ž๐™... ๐™Ž๐™”๐™Ž๐™๐™€๐™ˆ๐™Ž ๐™๐™€๐˜ฝ๐™Š๐™Š๐™๐™„๐™‰๐™‚... ๐˜ผ๐™๐™๐™€๐™ˆ๐™‹๐™๐™€๐˜ฟ ๐˜ฝ๐˜ผ๐˜พ๐™†๐™๐™‹ ๐™„๐™‰ ๐™‹๐™๐™Š๐™‚๐™๐™€๐™Ž๐™Ž...]

- I'm very narrative with my writing and often like to delve introspectively into my character(s) when given the chance. A lot of what I like to write traverses the relationship between characters and the world around them. Questions of morality and philosophy often arise, but all of that is embellished by an almost humorously dry and sarcastic narration at times. This does mean that my writing can be considerably long at times with multiple paragraphs, as I describe myself as a formally literate or novella-ish writer. I do shift this depending on who I roleplay with, so do not be intimidated. I very frequently match my length to my partner, however, I do not bother with single-sentence responses.

- I exclusively write in the third person unless I'm having some fun from a narrator's perspective and want to play with 4th wall things. That's kind of a standard in writing, so it shouldn't come as a surprise. I find writing in the second person can just make things awkward at some points.

- I don't really mess around with face claims or extensive character sheets unless you specifically request one from me, so I do not expect anything like that from you unless you really want to. Pointing back to my first point, I prefer to explore characters while writing about their experiences aside from general background knowledge. I do eat up headcanons and the like, so please share those with me. I love nothing more than to geek out about what we are writing about. You made a playlist for your character or the roleplay as a whole? Give me. Hand it over. I have a love for art, so I might toss some art of plot points or characters your way if I am inspired.

- Most, if not all of my characters will always be over the age of 18. I make exceptions for characters younger if it is essential to the plot, but that is very rare for a main character I'm writing.

- I'm not one to stray away from darker topics and themes (everyone loves to make a character suffer now and then; angst is one of my favorite themes), but if you want to get down and dirty, I ask that you speak with me about it first. I don't have many triggers with writing, but it is certainly common courtesy to ask beforehand, anyways. Anything having to do with mental illness, abuse, explicit violence, etc. should be discussed respectfully beforehand.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back