• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
William Main.jpg

William chuckled at Chase's reply as the wolf remarked -- sincerely or otherwise -- that the situation at the hotel seemed well in-hand. Will moved to hand the man one of the bags of luggage, holding onto the other himself. "Give it time," he replied simply. As he handed over the piece of luggage, a glint caught his attention out of the corner of his eye and he glanced downward to spot a ring on Chase's left hand. His smile grew as he looked to Ash as if for confirmation before returning his attention to Chase. "I feel like 'congratulations' doesn't really cut it... but I'm happy for the you and Emile both. Really."

After a brief moment he glanced over his shoulder towards the Inn. "C'mon, let's get you settled in. Everyone's gonna love to have you back." With that, he turned and led the way toward the the lobby.

Chase Keaton

Chase took his duffel-bag back in hand and slipped the strap over his shoulder, "Thanks. Though now I'm starting to think I need to keep my hands in my pockets. I think Emile's hoping to surprise at least a few people." He was joking for the most part, but did get the idea that Emile wanted to make some sort of announcement or if nothing else be the one to tell some the news. Chase then moved to the back of the car to assist Ash in pulling out his luggage. Grabbing hold of the handle of the suitcase he pulled it from the trunk. "And here I was thinking you were the official bag boy." Chase joked towards Will as he led them to what looked to be the office.

Once inside the man spotted another familiar face entering from the opposite doorway, "Well if it isn't big brooding Brody." He grinned towards the other Werewolf. Over the time being spent with the pack most, if not all, of the prickliness between them had faded. Or if nothing else it had eased significantly. Still, Chase was never one to miss an opportunity to bust his chops when it arose. "Don't tell me they've got you signed up for the bag boy position?"
coded by natasha.

Mackenzie eyed Adelaide as she pilfered leftover bacon from a wrapped pan but didn't stop the witch; she got freebies for being fresh and for being her mentor. She quickly filled Adelaide's arms with various vegetables and fruit as she hefted a few pots and trays out of the walk-in and set them on the large stainless steel table in the centre of her kitchen.

She'd prized the piece when they'd first looked at the place. As she was the owner of three bakeries in Toronto she knew the pure value in the seamless piece of metal and this one was over ten feet long with lower shelves and perfectly leveled. Will had been bemused when he'd found her stretched out on the cool steel when they'd first toured the place. They'd later discovered it was a perfect height…

"Salad." Mac commanded, taking the various vegetables from Addy's arms and setting them on the table. "Tear this and wash, wash this and slice, cube this and put it in that pot." She pointed to the large stock pot already steaming on the stove top, where it had been for hours. Mac had an extensive list of items for the evening meal; salad, soup, appetizers, two main courses and desserts, not to mention the three different platters for veggies and dip, cheese and crackers and a platter dedicated to the wolf: all meat cuts.

Morgan pushed open the doors to the kitchen, having heard Mackenzie at work and likely alone she figured it would be the best time to talk to the surly hunter about her spending habits. She was shocked to see Adelaide in the room and Ginny, the Djinn was ever silent and it always put Morgan off when she just … appeared places. "Hi," She smiled weakly at Adelaide, "I didn't mean to interrupt you guys."

"Now's fine." Mac cut her off, dismissing any awkwardness she might have detected.

Morgan nodded, turning her attention back to Mac and approaching. She went to set her binder down on the table but at a tisk from Mac stopped and instead spread open the book in her arm instead. "I just wanted to ask you a few questions about the food budget and spending," She hesitated a second as the smaller woman turned her dark eyes at her but she persisted … this needed to be done. "Right, so food is our biggest expenditure and as I was going through some of the recent bills I saw a few places we could save some money."

Mackenzie huffed, picking up the covered pan and passing around the table to set it on the stove top and turn on the jet on full tilt. "I get discount vegetables and fruit from the three local grocery stores; they usually throw out bruised or soon to spoil fruit and veg. There aren't any shelters here for them to donate to so I cut a deal: I'll take them at cost, they're not losing and we get food. Same goes for packaged foods - anything that they're going to toss because they're expiring soon, we get them at cost too." She glanced at the wolf, then pointedly at the binder and waited. Morgan seemed to understand and picked up her pen to take note.

"I piggyback off of two restaurants' meat orders - we don’t order enough meat to get a direct from the butcher so Tuesdays and Thursdays we get our poultry order from that little fried chicken place down the road? Poco something?"

"Pollo Loco?" Morgan supplied and Mackenzie nodded.

"Right, and we get all our red meat from the diner - they’re happy to help us with that because they get a huge discount for increasing their order with their butcher. The pork and bacon we actually buy from a farmer directly - it’s cheaper to pay the farmer to raise the animals then send us the meat."

Mackenzie turned to face Morgan, reaching across the table to drag another covered tray closer and pull it back, beneath the foil were three rows of delicately rolled and curved dough; croissants for the next morning's breakfast. "Are you and the other wolves going vegetarian?"

Morgan blinked at the question "No… why?"

Mac moved the tray of pastry to sit atop the stove near the heat to let the dough rise. She grabbed a book of her own, receipts stuffed between the pages as she moved around closer for Morgan to look at. "When we first got here and were doing the math to see if it was feasible I did a meal cost calculator based on what Will ate daily. I picked him because he's the largest of the humans here and actually eats better than most of us. He doesn't skip meals or have bad habits. I've managed to budget it to about three dollars a meal per person, so twelve dollars a day. On an average day that's four pieces of bacon, one helping of whatever meat main is served and at lunch a single sandwich with a salad or side." She held the book out for Morgan to review the calculation.

"How many pieces of bacon did you have this morning?"

"Twelve."

"How many sandwiches did you eat at lunch?"

"Two."

"And Brody?"

"Three."

"Last night, how many servings of chicken did you eat?"

"Okay, I get it." Morgan shook her head, both surprised and slightly embarrassed; she had not thought the hunter had put this much thought and work into what she did.

"Unless you’re going to learn to eat sparingly, like Chase did in Vitae, the budget is what it is to keep you wolves fed. I wouldn’t recommend it, because I know Chase only ate the way he did because he was hiding who he was. That’s not necessary here, unless you want to save money on our food budget?" Mac asked, offering Morgan her receipt book and the wolf took it, clearly interested.

"No. Not necessary; I’ll find savings in other places." She smiled weakly but took the small book and tucked it into her binder to review more later. "But uh, can I go over a few things with you for other parts of our budget? Maybe there are some savings there I’m missing."

"For sure." Mac wandered back to the walk-in to collect the rest of her prepped food and some items she wanted to get started for breakfast.

Morgan glanced across the way to where Adelaide still diligently worked at the task Mac had clearly given her. "It's good to see you," She cleared her throat and bit her lip, uncertain if she should say anything else.
Safton Safton

Brody tripped hearing his name being called out by Chase; he was momentarily worried he'd been caught attempting to sneak away from the awkwardness. He smirked and rolled his eyes at his pack-mates quip about being the bag boy. “I’ll take any job I can get right now that’s not in that kitchen with Mac.”

Cautious he glanced at Will but shrugged. "She doesn’t like people messing with her space, plus I’m pretty sure Morgan just went in there to pick a fight with her about the food budget. I wouldn’t stick around here too long." He circled around behind the desk at the office and immediately started searching through the drawers. "I'm pretty sure Ash left your key up here in an envelope, ah."

Finding it he held out the sealed packet and held it out for Chase. "I heard Ash personally decorated your room for you." He didn't doubt for a second that Will had tagged along because he wanted to see the work. "Need help getting settled in?"
Crono Crono Safton Safton

Last edited by a moderator:
rsz_adelaide_6.jpg

Adelaide immediately set to work following Mackenzie's instructions: washing her hands before tearing the crisp lettuce into chunks and washing it thoroughly and turning her attention to the other ingredients for the salad. Her mother's neglect and Noella's guidance had ensured that she was a fair hand in the kitchen -- far more so than Will, at any rate (not that that was a high bar to clear, at any rate). Her heart skipped a beat as she sensed a familiar moments before the door opened, causing her to nearly slice her finger rather than the tomato she was working at.

Addy glanced up to lock eyes with Morgan, managing a tense smile. "Hey," she remarked in quiet greeting. Luckily, Mac intervened and it became clear that Morgan was there to see the hunter and not Adelaide. Addy managed to pull her attention back to the task at hand -- more or less -- as she worked at the salad, albeit without as much focus as the two conferred about spending and the food budget. Despite the awkwardness between her and Morgan, Addy couldn't help but smile good-naturedly as Mac turned things around on the young wolf. She knew that the future Pack Alpha hadn't come to belittle Morgan or start an argument: she genuinely wanted to make sure the hotel succeeded and remained sustainable. Adelaide had seen firsthand another side of Morgan in their brief time together at Borseti... albeit from afar given the way she had kept Addy at a distance, knowingly or otherwise. Her friend had thrown herself headfirst into her destined role, learning everything she could about management and leadership, including finances. That had clearly come in handy here at the Inn.

Adelaide's smile faded as Morgan and Mackenzie resolved their "debate" -- such as it was -- prompting the former to finally turn her attention toward Adelaide. Again, the witch felt her heart tug and throat tighten as she tried and failed to focus on finishing up the salad preparation.

"It's good to see you."

Hearing Morgan's voice, Adelaide froze right as she went to drop the neat little cubes into the pot, regaining her composure before allowing them to fall from her hand into the container with a plop. She finally turned to fully face Morgan, swallowing deeply. When she spoke, it surprised her how easily the words came. "It's good to see you too, Morgan. It's been too long," she murmured, the corner of her lip upturning in a weak smile. Addy wanted to kick herself, convinced that her tone was that of a person offering someone an olive branch and that Morgan would see through it. She meant every word, of course: despite the distance that had grown between them at Borseti and the awkward note they had parted on, Morgan was still among her closest friends, if not...

Better not to pursue that thought right now. Especially with the encounter with Brody and all it entailed still so fresh in her mind.

William Main.jpg

William immediately spotted Brody's imposing form stepping into the office from the opposite direction. Chase wasted no time in teasing the Guardian (something only he and Morgan could truly get away with).

"I’ll take any job I can get right now that’s not in that kitchen with Mac.” William arched an eyebrow at the man as their eyes locked and the wolf quickly explained that she was exceptionally... territorial when it came to her kitchen and that Morgan had just gone in to poke the proverbial bear concerning the food budget of all things. William simply gave Brody a bemused shrug, setting Chase's bag down inside the threshold (ensuring that the "bag boy" saw this) as he sought to get the new arrival settled. "I gotta get back. I'll see you around?" he said to the others with a nod.

With that, he turned on his heel to head back to the room, unlocking the door and stepping inside to check in on Skye and Liam -- both dozing peacefully... though likely not for long. Will sighed, as he looked down at the the two bundled-up forms. Their arrivals had changed everything for the group, especially Skye. Lee at least hadn't been such an utter surprise. Aside from the Grace, they all had time to prepare for an infant. On the other hand, Will and Mac had been forced to steel themselves very quickly after learning that their child was on the way... and he could say with confidence that neither of them were the same people that they were back in Vitae before. And now as he took in the sight of his baby girl tucked in amongst a light layer of blankets, a hint of her mother's red hair atop her head, tiny hand grasping at some invisible object in her slumber... he knew he wouldn't have it any other way.

Creeping away from the sleeping babes to take a seat in the faux leather chair across the room, he leaned back and crossed his arms. It was rare to get any amount of quiet time to "decompress" these days, much less after a hunt. Will knew it wouldn't last, but he would take it where he could.

Chase Keaton

Hearing that Mac was being territorial and that Morgan was looking to pick a fight wasn't something Chase was interested in getting in the middle of. The man nodded his thanks to Brody as he was handed the key but shook his head at the offer to help. "And take you further away from the natural disaster spiraling in the kitchen? I wouldn't dream of it." He flashed the man a smile as he started to back towards the exit he'd just come in and grabbed the discarded bag, giving Will the quick return of a wave as the other man made his own exit.

Stepping out he glanced at the envelope to spot the number 104. One glance towards the closest room numbers told him that he was in the wrong spot, and Ashley had disappeared from the parking area. It didn't take much looking or much of a walk however to realize he was going the right way, as ahead of him said blonde was entering her own room. And knowing her the way he did, Chase guessed his room wouldn't be too far. Following the path down he watched the numbers increase until 104 showed up at the end. With that he shoved the key in the lock and turned it.
coded by natasha.

It’s been too long

“Hopefully the coven is doing well, I'm sure they benefited from you being with them.” Morgan was at a small loss as to what else to say! Certainly there was plenty she wanted to say but Ginny was sitting in the room and Mac would be back from the fridge shortly, plus did Addy even want to hear what she was going to say?

It was too much to process all at once. “I uh, I’ll see you around. We’ll catch up later.” She was suddenly happy she decided against saying anything else as the small hunter exited the fridge and stopped to stare at her.

Without another word, Morgan turned from the kitchen and swiftly exited to the back office.

Mackenzie frowned as she pushed the walk-in fridge door closed with her heel. She watched the wolf beat a hasty retreat but it couldn’t be just because of her, right? She glanced at the witch suspiciously but moved on to setting down her tray of food on the counter.

She’d already been suspicious of what had happened in Borseti when Brody had been in here acting weird but now Morgan too? She focused on the food prep, stuffing some of the vegetables and pads of butter into two chickens. “So clear something up for me here,” She didn’t look up from the task at hand. “Did you sleep with both of them then bail? Or one and not the other making an awkward love triangle and then bail?”

Safton Safton

rsz_adelaide_6.jpg
Adelaide smiled, flushing slightly at Morgan's compliment as she suggested that the White Witch coven Adelaide had spent the past several months with had been improved with her presence. Addy held eye contact with her friend and could practically see the words on the tip of her tongue, the conflict and anxiety behind her eyes that managed to kill any hope inside the witch that perhaps the gap that had grown between them would be bridged even before Morgan opened her mouth to speak and confirm it.

On cue, Addy's smile evaporated as Morgan suddenly retreated from the kitchen with a hasty farewell. "Oh, uh, right. Later," she mumbled after the departing woman -- not entirely sure if she heard it. She watched Morgan depart with a sigh, biting her lower lip. She was only vaguely aware of Mackenzie as she approached and set to work on the veggies and chicken at her side. However, as the petite hunter spoke up, the words that formed her query sliced through Adelaide's self-absorbed contemplation like the knives on the counter nearby.

Adelaide's eyes widened and she whirled to face Mackenzie, flushing furiously as her heart skipped a beat. The fridge door that Mac had just closed swung open, along with several cabinets clattering noisily against their hinges. The kitchen lights flickered briefly. Salt and pepper shakers on the rack fell over. All of this happened simultaneously the moment Addy registered Mac's words soon after they left her mouth and they were done just as quickly. Addy pursed her lips, looking at the untidy scene left over and giving Mac and Ginny an apologetic shrug -- still feeling more scandalized than she had in years. She moved to begin setting things back as they had been in the kitchen (luckily her subconscious "outburst" hadn't done any real damage) before speaking softly, thoughtfully.

"No, nothing like that. We... we're just friends. At least I think we are. But I... sometimes I don't know. Morgan and I were close in Vitae, but after Emile got hurt she and I drifted apart. Borseti was the straw that broke the camel's back, I guess. And then while I was up there, Brody and I got closer. I care about both of them, but I don't know where any of us stand anymore," she remarked with an impotent sigh before turning to glance at the Djinn and Mackenzie. "Sorry. I know this is more Ashley-May's department."

Mackenzie stared at Adelaide unblinking as the witch threw the equivalent of a psychic temper tantrum within the confines of the kitchen. She had to give Addy credit - she was stronger than she let on but Mac had been in far more worrisome situations. This was nothing on the seismic scale compared to some of the haunts she'd encountered.

She frowned hearing Adelaide finally answer and say that hadn't slept with either of them. (or both she supposed). "I can't help with relationship drama, you're right - that's Ash's department." Mac went on moving around the kitchen returning the object Addy had tossed in her fit aright once more. "I was asking because I wasn't sure what would make someone react like that, let alone two people and I don't know Morgan or Brody well enough to ask them."

Living in Vitae had exposed Mac's lack of understanding of social queues. She was aware of the deficit prior but hadn't ever really bothered to try and correct it or learn from it; her life had been dedicated solely to hunting and hunting alone. What were a few hurt feelings along the way? Typically she had Will to rely on to explain how she'd erred or upset but in this very rare case: she hadn't been the culprit.

With everything returned to their homes (Mac being the chaotic-neurotic that she was) she grabbed the stuffed chickens and set them in the oven cranking it up on high. Oftentimes Eli or Ash thought her methods insane; comparing her to cooking recipes found online or in books but no one ever complained about her food once they ate it. She turned to the mini fridge and flipped open the lock, reaching deep within to take out two bottles of sweet rose wine.

On her way back across the kitchen she poured out two large glasses and set one in front of the witch before queuing up some music to play. "We've got a few hours before dinner will be ready, simple rule to cooking with me: alcohol is a must."
Safton Safton

Kyle groaned as he sat back in his driver's seat, ruffling his hair to try to shake the water out of it. As much fun as river swimming was, he preferred to have a swimsuit. At least he'd finished his hunt before the unexpected swim. He fished his phone out of his back pocket, hoping to put it in some rice. The screen was shattered, no fixing it now.

He stuck it in the baggie of rice anyways snatched up one of his backups. He fired up GPS to the nearest room he can stay. After all, the camper in his truck bed didn't have a shower.

As he pulled up to the Mountaineer Inn, he couldn't help but feel out of place. He shrugged on a dry outfit, wincing as Pennywise grinned out from his chest. He really wished that he hadn't left laundry undone before that point. He slowly made his way to the office, and rang the bell.

Chase Keaton

The first thing Chase had done after getting to his room was get cleaned up in the shower, after spending the day traveling he was grateful for the spray of hot water. Afterwards the man had taken inventory of his room, far more decked out than your typical motel room. He got the feeling that was Ashley's doing, and almost to confirm it he'd found the specific Canadian cookie's he'd fallen in love with during his time there as well as the Emile body pillow. He couldn't help but laugh at it, and just how Ash it was to try and make the room feel as comfortable and homey as possible. Afterwards he'd done a little unpacking before once again heading out a few hours after he'd arrived.

Chase closed the door to his room and made sure to lock it before strolling down the walking area, passing some of the other rooms along the way. Most of the doors were closed and he thought it best not to disturb anyone. Instead he headed back for the main office area, the smell of food cooking and the sound of music drawing the Werewolf through the back door to the kitchen area curiously. "I see you two are hard at work." He said jokingly, upon entering and spotting the glasses. Both the smell and sound being far stronger once inside, and the smell of chicken admittedly making him salivate despite having a few of the cookies to tide him over already. "What's the occasion?" He asked curiously, questioning if this was a normal ritual or if there was a reason. If not for the fact that he wasn't invited one might assume it was his own arrival. The man already circling the oven area to take in both the scents as well as peek at what was for dinner.
coded by natasha.

Chicken.jpg
Adelaide watched Mackenzie impassively as she confirmed that she would be of no help where relationship issues were concerned, explaining that she was simply curious about Brody and Morgan's behavior. Under any other circumstance, she imagined that it might seem strange for a woman to tell her husband's ex-lover that she didn't know her own brother well enough to ask him a question herself about their love life. But when it came to the Cannonachs... Addy simply nodded at the explanation.

The witch watched Mackenzie curiously in between her own task as her friend reached into the mini fridge and retrieved two bottles of pink wine: Addy's favorite, as it happened. A smile formed on her face watching the hunter pour two healthy-sized glasses of the bright liquid before putting on some music. As she heard a familiar riff begin, she arched an eyebrow at Mac. "Touche," she remarked before reaching for one of the glasses to clink it lightly against Mackenzie's and taking a sip. The sweet wine did not disappoint as she closed her eyes, savoring the taste briefly before opening them again and getting back to work on dinner.

Two hours later, Adelaide was working on a very heavy buzz -- courtesy of the wine -- as the kitchen was filled with the aroma of roasted chicken and various side items she and Mac had cooked up, just now putting the finishing touches on dinner. She suspected her companion wasn't much better off judging by how much of the wine was missing, but she couldn't be sure and it wasn't as if she could use her gift to find out. They had spent their time drinking, cooking, and making small talk. Any attempts by Adelaide to lead the conversation toward subjects of family or the Inn inevitably got masterfully redirected by Mackenzie toward her true interest at the moment: witchcraft. Even drunk, she wanted to pick Addy's brain at every turn. She did her best to patiently oblige the woman.

Now as the witch removed the tray of chicken from the oven, she sensed a presence approaching despite her wine-dulled psyche and turned in time to see the kitchen door open and admit Chase. She gave the werewolf a broad smile as the man entered and clearly made note of the wine glasses before inquiring about the occasion.

"For the food? Family dinner. We've just about got everyone back together again," Addy said warmly (and hopefully not slurring her words too badly) before pulling the mitt from her hand and tossing it onto the counter alongside the chicken. She crossed the kitchen toward the werewolf, reaching out to give the man a friendly hug. After releasing him, she glanced toward the empty wine bottle and its counterpart next to it that was also missing more than a little of its own lifeblood. "As for the wine... no occasion. Just makes the cooking part more fun," she said with a clumsy attempt at a wink.

Last edited:
Morgan, having retreated to the back office after speaking with Adelaide and Mackenzie, had spent most of the afternoon working and reworking her budget based on the information Mackenzie had shared regarding potential savings. She'd reached out to other local businesses in an attempt to broker deals for supplies with them and while some had proven fruitful, many others simply scoffed at the idea of working business with a place like this.

She did her best not to take it heart; after all the Mountaineer Inn had been partly abandoned and very run down when Mac and crew had arrived her months before; plenty of people didn't know they it had been renovated and upgraded and offered comfortable accommodations at a modest price. Was it a five star hotel? Absolutely not, but would it be perfect for those looking for a quiet place to settle down for a while and just be left alone? Yes.

Much to her frustrations Morgan did manage to find some more savings for their business bringing them just a little bit closer to the black. Now, if we can just get some more customers...

*Ding!*
Morgan jumped at the sound of the metallic bell from the front desk - not because it had startled her but because it was as though her prayers were being answered! She hurried from the back office and stepped into the main lobby with a smile. "Hello, welcome to the Mountaineer Inn. How can I help you?"

Indigo Knight Indigo Knight

Mackenzie eyed the back door to her kitchen critically - clearly she was going to need a better lock to keep out anyone else from wandering … she smiled nonetheless at Chase and his damning critique of their work ethics. She remained seated on the countertop, leaning back against the wall as Adelaide answered his question about the occasion and went to greet him.

Really there wasn't much need of any other answer for Mac to drink, even it it was just a glass or two. "You're a little bit early." She managed to keep her words simple and surprised herself by not even slurring as she spoke. "But there's left over bacon in the fridge - just don't tell Morgan you got any; she's on a savings binge and tried to cut the fat out of the budget. Figuratively and literally. " She shook her head, still more than a little annoyed that the future Alpha wolf had come for her department.

"How was the trip? Hopefully not terrible; I haven't been on a rural bus in years but I definitely remember the smell of it."
Safton Safton Crono Crono

NanLia NanLia

Kyle turned towards the voice, one of his hands running through his still wet hair and the other tapping a rhythm on his thigh. "Uh. Hey. I'm here to see about a room?" He was now hyper aware of his feeling out of place. The nicest place he'd stayed in was honestly a random couple of rooms connected to a pizza place.

(Sorry 'bout it being short. Getting ready for work rn.)

Chase Keaton

Family Dinner. The sentiment and understanding was there for Chase but the phrase itself simply led him to think of Joe for a moment. It was a somber thought of missing him but it didn't last long until he let it slip away and focused back on the two women. "We are, aren't we." He replied to Adie's comment on everyone being together again in the same place. Chase smiled at the realization that the wine had done it's job with Adelaide, and when she crossed the distance to hug him he returned it. Meanwhile eyeing Mackenzie and opening his mouth to mimic the words 'wow' teasingly at the fact that the Adelaide was either a lightweight or hitting the bottle hard. Chase assumed the former which was why he was thoroughly amused with a mildly goofy grin afterwards. Mac offered to allow him to sneak a bite at the risk of being chewed out by Morgan later, and he considered the offer momentarily before opting not to. "Those cookie's Ash left for me will tide me over until it's ready." They'd been good, and it'd been difficult not to continue snacking on them before he left his room.

At the question of the trip, Chase parked himself on one of the nearby stool's. "Well, you know. Sensitive nose and all that, so imagine that smell combined with some soured cheese, multiplied by like ten." Still he shrugged, he'd smelled worse. "Wasn't so bad though, even made a friend along the way." Just the mention of Maria being enough to elicit a strengthened smile. "I don't know what it is about this face," Chase started, reaching up a hand to wave in front of his face to showcase it, "But it get's the attention of the older women who know how to have a good time." It wasn't the first time he'd had such company and Chase doubted it would be the last. "How's motel living treating you girls?" While he doubted it was crazily different from places they'd stayed at in the past, it was surely different in that they were in charge of running the place and not moving on after a few days.
coded by natasha.

Morgan nodded and smiled pleasantly. “Sure thing,” She set her note book and pen aside on the front desk before settling a laminated brochure on the desk facing the potential guest. She pointed along the line of rooms on the map. “We have two kinds of rooms; with or without a kitchenette. The difference is about twenty-five dollars a day. All rooms are non-smoking but pets are welcome.”

Pointing elsewhere on the brochure she continued. “We have a laundry facility on site - no extra charge and the restaurant is open intermittently throughout the day. Breakfast between six and nine, pack lunch and snacks available any time, and dinner starts at six and ends at nine. It’s a set menu - whatever the cook is making that day - so we post it up on the board the day before, if you’re interested.”

“How many days and which room type?”

Mackenzie smirked at Chase’s mockery of the witch behind her back; Addy wasn’t much of a drinker, she knew, but she’d kept up glass for glass to herself for the afternoon of cooking and reconnecting. She was doing well holding her own, but every so often she slipped; a slurred word or a slight sway. Mac didn’t care, but now sitting in a room with someone who couldn’t get drunk, it was all the more entertaining.

She nodded as the wolf declined pre-dinner snacks - she always made extra of everything in the event someone wandered in looking for something to eat. It was the easiest way to keep dirty fingers and paws out of whatever meal she was making. It was mostly for the kids but included the wolves, as it turned out.

“It’s been interesting.” She answered, slipping off the counter to take her glass back towards the wine fridge in search of more boozy liquids. “Easier than the road with the kids, to say the least; I wasn’t sure about it, really. Ash was hell bent on finding a ‘home’ again, but I suspect part of that is because she wants to settle and start living her best family life.” She smiled sadly, knowing very well that Ash and Eli had the opportunity to go to Borseti and do just that - live a family life where they would be safe and Eli could keep hunting.

Selecting another bottle of the same she and Addy had been drinking all afternoon, she twisted free the wire cage and tossed the garbage onto the metal table, she bit the cork and pulled, a loud pop echoed through the warm kitchen. Mac poured more wine into her glass, her freehand extracting the cork from between her teeth. “Otherwise it’s treating us well enough, better now that you and Addy are back - I need to be around more adults that don’t have children.” She shook her head. “I love the tiny monsters, don’t get me wrong, but there are times I just want to be a person, not a mom.” She shrugged.

“How was the winter in Borseti? Did you get a lot of snow?”

rsz_adelaide_4.jpg

Adelaide's chest warmed in a way that couldn't be attributed to the wine as Chase agreed with her sentiment about the lot of them being together again. Awkwardness between herself and Morgan & Brody or no, she was genuinely happy about that fact. She released Chase from her hug, detecting a few wayward thoughts traipsing from his mind before she did (about her, no less), but decided to let them go... for now. Normally she wouldn't go rooting around in the minds of others -- especially friends -- without permission, but the alcohol made it more difficult to control her gift than usual and physical contact enhanced the sensitivity of it tenfold.

The psychic chuckled as Chase related his misadventure on public transit, including earning some unwanted attention. "Ah, sounds like Emile might have some competition," she teased. Adelaide let Mac speak first, watching the woman thoughtfully as she went for more wine. She couldn't disagree with anything she said about Ashley-May. It didn't take telepathy to know that Ash had been craving a safe place to build a family ever since leaving Vitae. She smirked as Mac expressed her relief at having two more child-free individuals to converse with.

Addy spoke up next, playfully narrowing her eyes at Chase. "First of all, I will have you know that I am not a lightweight. It's just that not all of us have the benefit of a supernatural metabolism, thank you very much," she remarked, giving him a faux pout. However, the expression soon broke as her small smile returned. "I only arrived just a few days before you, actually. I'm still sort of settling in." In her state she actually considered bringing up the awkwardness with Morgan and Brody, but now was neither the time nor the place... even if Chase seemed like the person who might be able to have some kind of insight. She toyed idly with a strand of her hair, eyes moving toward the counter and shrugging as she sought a topic to discuss. "As for the Inn, it may not be the Ritz-Carlton, but trust me when I say it has its charms," Adelaide finished, her tone genuine.

She was glad when Mac followed up by asking Chase about the Borseti winter and the snowfall, turning to watch the man for his answer.

Last edited:
Kyle took a step closer to take a look at the brochure the woman pulled out, following her finger as she pointed out the different areas. He'd have to remember to grab a map of the place. "Uh, without the kitchen would be preferable." His fingers paused their drumming on his thigh as she asked how long he was staying. "Ah. Only the one night, unfortunately. Places to see, and people to go, ya know?"

He sheepishly took out his wallet, and pulled a card out, peeled a still wet receipt off the piece of plastic, wiped the water off, and offered it to her. "Sorry it's damp. Rivers hate me."

Chase Keaton

With Adelaide sharpening her pickaxe over his internal comment, Chase had raised his hands up as a sign of surrender. "I can't help my superior metabolism, it just is." He commented jokingly as the woman's face turned into a pout. "I've really got to start remembering that you can do that or I will really be in trouble one day."

Chase chuckled at the mention of Mac needing to be around other adults. "Afraid you'll sink into the life of going to the park and hitting it off with the other moms?" He joked mischievously, leaning backwards and crossing his arms over his chest. Chase's mood changed to a more lethargic one as she asked a question of her own, and he let out a sigh. "More than enough snow. I've barely been gone a day and I think I miss it already." At least he liked it far more than he liked the heat of the desert area of Arizona. "Was good though. You might be surprised just how easily they deal with heavy snow, though Emile just wanted us to stay inside most of the time." The smile forming on his face likely betraying anything he could say about his time at Borseti and the people there. Chase would be lying if he said he didn't feel a connection to the place and people after all the time he spent there.

The man gave a light huff, one of his fingers nudging and turning the ring on his finger. Debating whether or not to tell them of the engagement in this setting momentarily before internally saying screw it. "I don't really think Emile needs to worry about competition much anymore." He spoke, rounding back to Adelaide's earlier comment with a sly smile. Raising up the one hand with the ring on it to allow the two women a moment to comprehend what he meant before allowing the arm to fall back into the slot across his chest as it had been before. It wasn't like the engagement was a secret anyhow, and he wasn't sure how long Ash could keep it to herself, if she even had.
coded by natasha.

Morgan nodded as their new tenant selected his preferred room for the evening and she smiled politely in return when he mentioned something about rivers hating him. She wasn't certain what he meant by that but didn't ask. One thing she had learned in the short time of being the desk manager: don't ask too many questions.

She was a naturally curious person - wolf and had made the mistake of asking what she thought was casual questions when the party who had wanted to book rooms had suddenly changed their minds and blamed her unbridled curiosity for the reason. She gathered up the debit/credit machine for their guest to use. "If you need more towels I can send them to your room."

Mackenzie rolled eyes at the park mom comment. "Those women and I don't speak the same language." On more than one occasion she'd had Skye and Liam with her in a public place and had been approached by another parent to ask questions. Mac had no doubt it was an attempt to connect but she simply didn't have the wherewithal to answer appropriately. "Plus they'd just ostracized my kid. Best send Will to be the soccer mom."

Smirked at his comment about missing snow - she certainly did, less now that she'd been away for decades but she could clearly recall the first few years after leaving the north and craving the subzero winter wonderland she'd come to associate with the winter months of the calendar. Her smirk quickly shifted to a frown of confusion as he commented about competition. She had to stare at this raised hand until she finally spotted what . "Oh shit. Does Ash know?" She paused for only a second, thinking better of herself. "Congratulations."

Adelaide smirked smugly as Chase seemed sufficiently chastised. The smirk soon grew as he and Mackenzie discussed the prospect of the latter mingling with the local soccer moms. As amusing as it would be to watch, she couldn't imagine the inevitable trainwreck of a social interaction playing out well for Mac or Skye... or the soccer moms, for that matter.

Addy settled against the nearby counter lightly, arms crossed as the conversation turned toward the winter in Borseti. She had experienced some of it while at the colony and had been distinctly unprepared for the cold weather, ice, and snowfall. Adelaide thought her years spent living in the Pacific Northwest while she attended university had prepared her for a "real winter", but she was sorely mistaken as it turned out. Nature there had a way of making her feel once again like a young girl fresh out of the Bayou who had never seen a snowflake in her life. More than once Brody had come to her rescue with stacks of firewood or to help her shovel snow.

Chase spoke up about Emile not needing to worry about any competition and Addy chuckled reflexively before realizing that the wolf was lifting one hand for them to see. She immediately noticed the ring and her eyes widened as Mac voiced her own surprise before stating the very thing that she too was wondering: Did Ash know? She could only imagine the blonde's reaction to the news. She kicked herself for not noticing sooner, she was a goddamn psychic after all!

Pushing the thoughts aside, Adelaide beamed a broad, genuine smile at Chase. "Congratulations! I'm so happy for you," she exclaimed, before adding in a teasing tone: "I would give you another hug, but I think I'm starting to sober up." Addy winked before continuing. "So, who popped the question?"

Kyle wiped his card on his jeans again before reaching over to swipe it, shaking his head slightly as he did so. "Nah. I should be fine, thanks." As he finished his transaction and stuck his wallet in his back pocket, he picked the brochure up, giving the map another glance over. He wasn't sure if he wanted to see about doing laundry or shower first, the grinning Pennywise on his shirt was starting to creep him out. Sucks that his only surviving hoodie fell in the river with him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back