• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Supernatural RP - Accepting Applications

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here

Ashley-May Brandston

Ashley-May watched the wolf curiously as he went on about bystanders being curious about two attractive people meeting up as they were in a bus terminal; she hadn't the faintest clue what he was letting on to but when he started towards her at a jog she had a pretty good idea where this was going to end up. Ash tossed aside the flimsy sign as Chase drew nearly enough she threw her arms over his shoulder and leaned into the dramatic dip with a gleeful giggle.

She cared little about the quiet applause or continued ogglers as he righted her back onto her feet, laughing hard enough her cheeks flushed with delight. She leaned down to sweep up her sign, giving Chase the opportunity to collect his lost luggage. "Oh man," She breathed softly, catching her breath again. "I have missed having you around." She looped her arm into his, leaning against his side as she turned him towards the exit and where she was parked beyond outside.

Unnamed Bus Terminal

"How was the trip?" She asked finally away from the small crowd gathering and the din of people reconnecting and chatting together. "Hopefully not as long and boring as I assumed it would be."

At the door she leaned into the handle, popping it open and holding it for him to follow her out. The parking lot had very little cars parked within it; not many travelers destined for the small stations well outside of any major townships. Even still, if the parking lot had been filled to the brim, Ashley-May's hot pink Volkswagen Beetle would be an easy thing to spot at a distance.

Crono Crono

Mackenzie Cannonach

Mackenzie felt at ease having William back at her side; she knew very well part of that was their Soul-Link, the mild buzzing she felt in the back of her skull always dissipated within minutes of Will closing the distance between them. Several times they had tested how far they could get apart before it started, as it turned out it was little more than a few dozen feet before the internal compass directed her back to him.

She stepped toward Elijah in greeting, tilting her head as he placed a kiss on her cheek. She shrugged off his thanks for watching Liam - it wasn't like she wasn't already going to be watching Skye, not to mention she'd been Lee's primary caretaker for the first few months of his life with Ash starting her medical career and Elijah dedicated to helping Vitae get back into working order. What a waste of effort both those things had been; not any of them had known what was to come, or suspected that her nightmares were true prophecies. She had watched Ash mourn the loss of her first home since her mothers death and the career she'd worked hard on getting back on track.

Mac listened to the vague details of their hunt - she knew they'd spill more as the days went on and they filled out their briefing - a tradition they started after arriving at the Inn, a way for all of them to log their hunts so everyone was on the same page. A small sample of what they liked from Vitae still living with them.

The Mountaineer Inn - out front of her room

She raised a critical eyebrow as the Brit announced he'd brought her a souvenir. It was an unexpected announcement that both confused her and made her curious. She watched with interest as he revealed the snowglobe from the crumpled paper bag and she smiled. "A trophy." She said quietly, taking the globe and turning it over, causing the white flecks to spin around the liquid trapped inside the casing.

It reminded her of home; at least the first home she could remember. "I'll put it in the restaurant later, when I go in to make dinner - we'll start a trophy collection." She nodded. "One we can disguise in front of the civilians."

Safton Safton

Morgan Leroux

Morgan wrinkled her nose as she viewed the excel document before her. Her metallic silver laptop displaying The Mountaineer Inn's financials for the past week … which were rather dismal. "If we cut back on how much food we buy this week we'll break even." She said to no one in particular but certainly heard Brody's opinion as the otherwolf snorted from the chair was currently occupying behind her. Ash had managed to cut a deal with the landlord, before the others had assumed occupancy of the motel - they had paid for six months up front at a reduced rate, which meant that really they didn't need to attract so many occupants to keep them in the black.

Unfortunately it did mean they needed to attract some occupants, however, and their advertising up to her arrival had been non-existent. As savvy as Ash had been and as deep as Mac's pockets were, she and Brody had a nigh impossible time finding the place save for happening upon the neon road sign illuminated at the edge of the highway. No online traffic, no social media, it wasn't even on google maps!

The Mountaineer Inn - Main Office

Thankfully she'd spent her time recovering at Vitae learning in the ins and outs of administration and budgeting - one day she would be in charge of the Pack at Borsetti and while they occupied a part of the colony, she was still investing in their wellbeing and future and this seemed to be one of the best ways she could help.

"She bought forty six pounds of bacon last week." Morgan scoffed and shook her head. "And we only had a family of five for three days - no one needs that much bacon." She turned to face the other wolf. "You're going to have to tell her to cut it back."

Last edited:

Brody Cannonach

Brody, bored beyond anything he'd ever imagined possible, lounged in the office chair. The back had been lowered to its fullest so he could stare up at the drop-ceiling and slowly spin in circles. Morgan has spent hours behind the desk typing away at her computer and mumbling at him about sums and budgets. She had repeatedly told him that this is 'what everyone in the world does regularly' and he'd repeatedly told her 'not hunters or wolves' but naturally the future Alpha had no reason to listen or believe him.

He'd even told her to use Emile as an example! The last several months in Vitae the Pack Alpha wasn't working on budgets and finances but he'd been recovering with Chase and living his life as he wanted. There wasn't a point any more in telling her; he could only hope that Morgan would be finished soon, and they could go for their run in the National Park or Adelaide would arrive and give him something else to focus on other than Morgan's keyboard clicking.

Brody sat up suddenly, the chair back springing up behind him, as he clued into what Morgan had just told him. "The hell I'm not." He growled, shaking his head vehemently. "We're barely back on speaking terms and that was mostly because she was pregnant and too big to run away and too slow to kill me." He huffed, leaning against the desk where Morgan worked, tapping a finger down on the desktop to make a point. "The last time I told her not to do something she ran me over with her car. No - not happening - I will not die because you want to save money on bacon."

He glanced towards the window, hearing the engine of a vehicle approach. The last one had been Will and Elijah getting back from their hunt but this one he didn't recognize; a station wagon carrying a single passenger. "Heads up," He warned. "We might have a new occupant."

Mention: RikuXIII RikuXIII Safton Safton

Elijah Main.jpg

Elijah smiled as Mackenzie labeled the snow globe a "trophy" of sorts, turning it upside down to watch the white particles swirl around inside amongst the scene of the Alamo. A little anachronistic, perhaps... but he guessed most tourists buying those sorts of things hardly cared. As Mackenzie suggested beginning a trophy collection that would pass muster in front of the civilians, he nodded, his smile growing. "Sounds good. No vampire teeth or ghoul heads mounted on the wall, then, I suppose," he remarked with faux disappointment.

Eli turned to see William rolling his eyes briefly before returning his attention -- fully -- to Mackenzie. Deciding to take his leave and give the two lovebirds some time to catch up, the Brit cleared his throat and hefted his bag. "I'll be in my room unpacking. Let me know when Lee wakes up?" With that, he gave the two of them a nod before heading down the sidewalk to his room, slipping inside with his key.

William Main.jpg
William watched Elijah leave before sidling up next to Mac, placing a hand on either of her hips before leaning down to brush his lips across hers in a soft kiss. He drew back, still allowing his forehead to lean slightly against her own as he spoke quietly. "What did we miss while we were gone? Any new arrivals?"

As if on cue, Will picked up on the distant sound of a motor. He frowned, turning to glance over his shoulder down the road -- spotting an SUV rambling down the road toward the Inn -- though still too far off to discern any passengers.

Interactions: Mackenzie ( NanLia NanLia )
Mentions: Maggie ( RikuXIII RikuXIII )

Last edited:
Adelaide 2.jpg
Adelaide swung her feet -- crossed at the ankle -- lazily back-and-forth as she sat atop the workbench inside the cramped, dingy garage just across the lot from the motel office. Most of the space was occupied by her beloved classic Civic hatchback, which was currently lifted well off the ground to facilitate Maxwell, who had slid beneath on a creeper board to inspect the vehicle's undercarriage. Addy glanced down at the man's legs, poking out from beneath the front of the car. Addy had owned the Civic ever since she was a teenager -- and it had been endlessly reliable in all that time, until recently -- stubbornly refusing to start on occasion.

It was only one more thing to add to the list of anxieties she faced at the Mountaineer these days... not least of all facing Morgan and Brody on a daily basis. It was misguided, of course. Even silly. They were her friends... perhaps even more, in Morgan's case. Things had seemed to be going in that direction, anyway. But after Boston, when Morgan had been so badly hurt and Emile had done his best to keep the two of them apart for a time, things had been... different. Morgan had thrown herself headfirst into the role of learning to be a proper Alpha. Addy was happy for her, of course... but she also felt guilty every time she saw Morgan and remembered the savage wounds inflicted by the hellhound, all because Morgs had seen fit to protect her.

And, Brody, well... that was another situation entirely with complications all its own.

When Morgan went North to Borseti, Adelaide knew she could have gone with her. Something told her that Morgan even wanted her to. But instead, Adelaide declined, wishing the young wolf and the Pack Guardian luck and sending them both on their way with well wishes all those months ago. Now they were together again and things were... awkward, but not in a way even she could articulate, and she was a damn psychic for crying out loud!

Addy was snapped from her reverie as Maxwell rolled out from under the Civic, turning toward the resident mechanic with a smile. "So, any luck?" she asked hopefully.

Interactions: Maxwell ( Crono Crono )

Tara and Ginny are getting back from a hunt, both of them on Tara’s motorcycle. Ginny has been quiet for a long time now, and Tara glances back at her. “You okay, kid?” She asks, hard to hear over the wind.

Ginny sighs, shaking her head. “I hate crocottas.” She mumbles. Thankfully Tara manages to hear her. She sighs. “I know, kid, I know. I’ll be bait next time, promise.”

The two of them pull into the Mountaneer parking lot, getting off of the bike, and heading inside. “Hey guys! We’re back!” Ginny calls out, hoping to talk to someone, and then have some blood.

watch-two-weeks-to-live-maisie-williams.jpg
Pulling into the Mountaineer Inn's parking lot, Maggie was happy to see other people around the place. Her education and past experience taught her to view places offering accommodation with caution. A nice little inn could be the home of all sorts of monsters that fed off of weary travelers, trap them into some sort of bargain, or feed into some sort of greedy corporation. While more people didn't eliminate potential for problems, it made at least the first two options less likely. Turning off the car, Maggie stepped out and stretched. It felt good to be out of the car after the journey. While she wasn't willing to admit it to Siegfried directly, she was glad he had pushed for this. It would be good to have a proper place to sleep at least for one night. Speak of the rodent.
<Wrinkle.> The familiar telepathically spoke to his witch. <I wasn't considering if this place allows pets. We could play the eccentric uncle angle. I was dropped off a few miles down the road for something and walk in.>
Maggie leaned back into the SUV and made it look like she was rummaging around for something.
"Might work, but I would rather not draw that kind of attention." She said softly. "I might be able to convince people you are my emotional support pet."
<Ah! The honest explanation.> Siegfried quipped with a twinkle in his eye.
The young witch gave the familiar a quick glare before sticking out her hand to him. Siegfried ran up her arm to snuggle into the hood of her hoodie. After he had gotten situated, Maggie scratched his little head. After a quick pat down to ensure her usual items (such as keys, wallet, phone, and a few concealed weapons) were either on her person of in her bag, Maggie closed up and locked the car. She slipped into the office behind two women who were apparently already checked in.
"Um, is this where I see about getting a room?" Maggie asked, putting a little extra apprehension in her voice.
It at times paid to seem more clueless and harmless than one actually was. Particularly since she was getting a prickling on the back of her neck, both naturally and because Siegfried was stirring. Both witch and familiar were feeling something out of place here. Now, not all supernatural affects or beings were bad news. But it also paid to be weary of them at first.

NanLia NanLia Safton Safton Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Chase Keaton

"Well, got some interesting conversation and plenty of sleep." He replied as the pair exited the building, giving the blonde a nod of thanks as she held the door for him. Chase strolled through the parking lot eyeing the pink bug they were headed for. "Y'know, I don't understand why you guys wanted to set up in Arizona of all places." He'd passed through the state a handful of times over the years, it was one of the few that he wasn't too fond of particularly because of the temperatures. Once at the vehicle he slipped his bag over the seat into the backseat area before getting in himself. "Couldn't choose somewhere a little less...dry huh?" He half-joked with a smile before shrugging. "Just feels good to finally be able to see this Vitae 2.0 in person." It was good to see her again as well as be back in the states, after months of living and hunting in Canada it felt a little like coming home in some sense.

"How is everyone by the way?" The question was formality more than anything, he and Ash talked enough for him to know they were all doing well enough. Not to mention Morgan and Brody's updates to Emile. Still he liked to ask, things change in a heartbeat sometimes and there's always the chance he missed something recent.
coded by natasha.

Mackenzie Cannonach

Mackenzie smirked and rolled her eyes at Elijah’s faux disappointment that their trophies would have to be something they could pass for civilians visiting. Unless, of course, they found another suitable trophy room as they had at Vitae. It hurt, even now, to think back on the colony. It had been the home she never believed she’d ever have. Now … Now it was nothing more than burnt out buildings and rusted vehicles.

It made her think about Borseti, her first home she’d thought she lost years before. Those thoughts didn’t last long as Will drew her into a hug and asked her if he’d missed anything while he’d been away on a hunt.

The Mountaineer Inn - Out Front of her Room

She followed his gaze at the SUV that arrived, the single individual exiting and heading to the office. “Only them.” She shrugged but smirked. “I thought Skye was going to say her first words. Turns out it was just projectile vomit.” Mac was convinced that their daughter's milestones would come earlier than what others projected. Ashley-May has spent plenty of time telling her that their girl, four months younger than Liam, wouldn’t speak, walk or run before Liam did. Mac was convinced otherwise and determined to prove her wrong.

Safton Safton

Ashley-May Brandston

Ashley-May dropped into the driver's seat, rolling her eyes at his comment about their choice of state. “We looked at other places.” She said in her defence. “But they didn’t work out for really obvious reasons. We looked at a mansion in a gated community in Vermont; The house was perfect - my dream house and everything, backed onto a greenspace for you guys to run around in.”

She pulled out of the parking lot, getting onto the highway towards the motel.”But then Mac pointed out how strange it would be for this many adults to be in the same house and in and out at all hours. We checked a warehouse in Montana but no one wanted to be in the snow.” She shrugged.

Unnamed Bus Terminal

“Honestly the Inn will work-” She paused, having caught a glimpse of something in the corner of her eye. She reached down and snatched up Chase’s hand, dragging it up into eyesight. “Is this a ring? Is this a ring? Like the engagement kind of ring?”

Crono Crono

Morgan Leroux

Morgan frowned deeply hearing that Brody wasn’t interested in telling his sister to lay off the extra spending. She wasn’t surprised - she didn’t want to have the conversation either. Hell, she’d grown up hearing horror stories of how bad little wolves would get hunted down and skinned by the hunter.

She glanced up hearing Brody’s warning - she saved her document and closed it, bringing up their management program. To her surprise Tara and Ginny made it into the office before the new arrival. She smiled and greeted them. “Hey girls, welcome back. Hope your trip was good.” She could only hope that the pair would catch on to her lead.

Morgan waved forward the newcomer as she asked if she were in the right place. “Yes ma’am.” She smiled and pulled out a book from the desk she was behind, setting it up on the top of the counter and turning it towards her. “We have a few rooms available for rent, how many days?” She asked as she set a pen on the book for the newcomer to fill in. “And do you want a unit with a kitchenette or just a bed?”

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood RikuXIII RikuXIII

Brody Cannonach

Brody watched the pair enter the office from where he was lounging - he hadn’t felt much of a connection with either from when they were around each other back in Vitae nor when they’d reconnected here a couple weeks ago when he’d returned with Morgan. Truth was - he didn’t trust either of them. Not that the vampire or djinn had given him any reason not to; it was his own prejudice, he knew.

He never looked directly at the human looking woman who had come seeking a room, he didn’t immediately pick up any concerns about her but there was scent, a smell. Something out of place. Perhaps she had a pet in the car? Something wild and outside of the norm?

He sighed heavily. “Mac will be in soon to start the dinner rush.” He smirked, amused by the name of it - the rush was mostly just them coming together for a family style meal plus the one or two guests they had. “I think you guys can head on in, if you want.”

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood RikuXIII RikuXIII

William Main.jpg
William watched the young woman exit the SUV as his wife commented on her arrival. Will didn't perceive anything particularly alarming about the girl from this distance -- whether by eye or Grace -- but he would have needed to get closer to be sure. Appearances could be deceiving, after all. Supernaturals were of course welcome at the hotel alongside hunters... a mix that necessitated anonymity and privacy amongst guests. So long as the newcomer didn't threaten the safety of his family, friends, or innocents, it was none of his business who or what she might be -- and that went for any visitor at the Mountaineer Inn.

As the girl stepped into the reception area -- accompanied soon after by the familiar figures of Tara and Ginny who Will gave a wave and smile to -- William returned his attention to Mackenzie. He inhaled sharply as his wife mentioned Skye saying her first words... only to state that it was a false alarm... and a messy one by the sounds of it. He had been worried that he might have missed out on a milestone of his daughter's early life and though it was proven not to be the case, he found the idea to be more disturbing than he realized as his frown lingered briefly before evaporating. Will could see the look on Mac's face: well aware of how competitive she was toward Ashley-May about their childrens' respective milestones. "It'll come, babe. Just a matter of time until she's talking up a storm. Hopefully with less vomit."

Maxwell Turner

Tags: Safton Safton

Maxwell inspected the undercarriage of the vehicle thoroughly. It was a typical day for him, one he didn't take lightly after what happened in Vitae. While he couldn't see the woman waiting on him, the silence told him she was either very patient or in her own world. It was always a little awkward when people decided to hover around while he checked their vehicle or worked on them, and while he wished they wouldn't he understood why some did so he tried to ignore it. Sliding out from underneath he was greeted with a smile as he sat up which he returned, "Well, she's got a few years on her but there's nothing major to worry about as far as I can tell." The man grunted slightly as he came to fully stand, wiping the grease from his hand on a dirty red rag. "I can take a more thorough look if you like but it'll take longer than you probably want." He shrugged his shoulders, walking over to the nearby workbench and tossing his rag down on it. "When was the last time you had her serviced? For now I can replace the power steering fluid and some of the other simpler things and have it ready by tomorrow?" It was Adelaide's call, he never tried to tell people what to do with their time and money but simply gave his opinion.​
coded by natasha.

Chase Keaton

Chase listened as the blonde explained their reasoning for choosing this location, in particular head tilting in thought at the explanation of not choosing the mansion. It was reasonable, though he held his tongue on throwing out the possibility of using an adult entertainment studio as a front for that situation. He'd been eyeing the sedan in front of them, still temporarily adjusting to the change in height level from the bus when the squeal startled him followed by the grapple with his hand. Ash's excitement had hit the roof and Chase had to jerk his hand from her grasp, "Keep your attention on the road woman!" He exclaimed, trying to avoid potentially rear-ending said Sedan. "Yes, yes it's an engagement ring." He breathed outwardly as his heart rate lowered from the sudden panicked adrenaline.

Knowing full well Ash's excitement would continue, but also the possibility of chewing him out for not telling her sooner he opted to continue. "It happened the night before I left. I've just been letting it settle before I told anyone is all." He offered with a light smile. "Yes, he was the one who asked me. No, I wasn't expecting it." Chase knew the spitfire questions of wanting to know every detail so he was getting ahead of a few of them.​
coded by natasha.

Tara nods, waving to Brody. “Alright then, let’s get some food!” She doesn’t really need the food, so she doesn’t eat much, but Ginny does. Blood alone isn’t a good diet for the young djinn. Tara leads her into the dining room, waving to everyone currently present. “Hey, we’re back!”

Mackenzie Cannonach

Mackenzie wrinkled her nose at the image Will left behind. She could do with less vomit … and everything else associated with it. This had been a deep learning curve in parenting for her, one she still struggled with. Even now she could recall the first few days of having Skye home in Vitae, a tiny bundle born earlier than expected, howling like a banshee but it was the smell. At first she smelt new, no other way to describe it but the first time she had to change the child’s diaper Mac had been beside herself, unable to cope with the sight and smell of it that Will had to take over and handle it.

Even since then she still gagged anytime it was her ‘turn’ on diaper duty and she doubted greatly that would ever change. How Ash and Will had been able to take it in stride and handle it like lifetime pro’s still baffled her but she did feel some kind of relief to watch Elijah have close to the same reaction as she did to the entire affair. How she could mow through a horde of ghouls and their feasting grounds without batting an eye but the thought of changing her daughters diaper made her want to run.

THE MOUNTAINEER INN - OUT FRONT OF HER ROOM

She inhaled deeply and sighed, taking a step back to drop back down into the plastic outdoor chair she’d been occupying before he got home. “I just want her to get there.” She said quietly, reaching beneath the seat to grab the bottle of whiskey she’d been nursing and take a sip. “Both of them.” She took another drink before holding the bottle out for him as he took up the empty chair beside her. “And I don’t think she should know about this, about what we do. If there was one thing I could take out of my childhood it would be hunting.”

Mac glanced over her shoulder back into their room to where the two bundles still slept soundly beneath the fans in the dim light. “I’m not saying we pretend none of this exists but she should have a chance to be a kid first, let her have some fun before we teach her how to protect herself from what’s out there.”

Safton Safton

Ashley-May Brandston

Ashley-May rolled her eyes and snorted as Chase chastised her for her excitement over the ring she spotted. They were far from in danger - so far as she was concerned. She pointedly put both hands on the wheel and ten and two and kept her eyes forward as he went on to tell her the slimmest of details of where it had come from and how. She waited, letting the dead air drag on for nearly a minute before she broke it. “That’s it? That’s all you're giving me?”

She risked glancing in his direction, trying to get a read on his face; it had been months since she’d seen him in person, nearly a year! And while they definitely talked on the phone and virtually it really wasn’t the same.

On the road

“We’ll circle back on those details later but first: How are you feeling about it?” She could tell, just by how he’d answered her initial, albeit excited, query, there was something more going on. “I assume you said yes, since you’re wearing it now but what’s missing from the glowing excitement? I thought things were going well in Borseit?”

She wasn’t surprised to hear Emile had popped the question - when they’d found him after the attack she thought the pack alpha wouldn’t make it. The dragon had done a number on him - more than just simply burning him; he’d purposely left him there, hardly alive, to be found by anyone who came back. Emile had been left the message barer: Desmond could not be stopped. She hadn’t been there when Chase had found him and she regretted it.

Crono Crono

watch-two-weeks-to-live-maisie-williams.jpg

Maggie took a moment, soaking up her surroundings. There was a lot of familiarity among the people here. This didn't seem like a place to be a local hub of activity, so there was probably another why the bustle. That plus a slight sense of unease in both herself and Siegfried made her rethink her plan.
"Three days." She answered, a smile flashing across her face for Morgan. "With a kitchenette, please."
<So, there is more than a small chance that we have multiple werewolves nearby.> Siegfried said in the telepathic bond the witch and familiar shared. <Stuck in your hood, I can't tell exactly who, just that I smell them.
Maggie smiled at Morgan again.
"And what is your policy on pets?" She asked in an innocent tone.
Sensing a cue and opportunity, Siegfried poked his head out of his hood hiding place and through Maggie's hair. He took a deep breath through his nostrils, getting a better sniff of his surroundings.
<Oh boy.>
NanLia NanLia Safton Safton

rsz_adelaide_4.jpg
Adelaide was snapped out of her reverie as Maxwell slid out from under the Civic and addressed her, asking how she wanted to go about handling her trusty old hatchback's woes. She grimaced slightly, rubbing at the back of her neck. "It's been longer than I care to admit," she admitted. "Back when I lived in New Orleans... a while after I met Will and Eli. So a few years at least -- all I did was keep the oil changed and the tires from going bald for the most part."

The psychic cleared her throat, her expression gradually growing into a warm smile. "As for the repairs, I trust your judgement. If you don't see any issues, then I'm good with the basics. No rush on the turnaround. I'll be here. Just let me know what I owe you when all's said and done."

Crono Crono

Will Looking.jpg

Mackenzie's look of faint disgust was not lost on Will. He was vaguely surprised -- bemused, even -- by how put-off the woman was by baby vomit and diaper changes after all she had seen and done in her hunting career. William had no such compunctions; after treating a Taliban fighter shot in the gut and witnessing the resultant cocktail of spilled blood, bile, and feces (and enduring its odor), Will was well and truly desensitized to bodily fluids. He was more than willing to take over the tasks of diaper-changing and vomit-cleaning for his wife, enjoying every second he could spend with his baby daughter -- cute and glamorous or otherwise -- after their close scrape at Vitae... knowing full well that nothing could be taken for granted anymore.

As Mackenzie spoke up, once again voicing her hope for Skye and Liam to be able to speak, Will slowly moved to take a seat beside her, sliding easily into the chair with a deep sigh. He understood the sentiment, but he wasn't sure if he agreed or not. Part of him wanted to cling selfishly to every second of them before they grew up. He glanced over to see his wife offering him the whiskey, taking it from her with a small nod of thanks before taking two small sips -- the liquid burning pleasantly at the back of his throat even though he knew it wouldn't be able to intoxicate him. He stared straight ahead as Mackenzie remarked on her wishes for Skye to be able to have a normal childhood before her training began in earnest. The two of them had agreed long ago that she would not be a legacy like Mac or Eli, compelled to follow in the "family business". But a few tricks of the trade to be able to take care of herself were another matter.

Will nodded. "I agree. She doesn't need to be a warrior. Not right away. I don't want that for her. We're here to protect her: all of us. The time will come to train her... probably when she starts asking," he admitted with a reluctant sigh, knowing the inquisitive nature of kids. He offered the whiskey back to Mackenzie.

The accusation and question about him not giving enough information on the night had the man scoff lightly. While he should have known that Ashley wouldn't be sated with anything but every detail, he hadn't expected her to be so quick on calling him out. Still he chuckled and started nodding at the probing question, "Of course I said yes and the excitements there, don't worry." And Chase wasn't lying necessarily, he was excited, albeit in a bit of a quiet fashion. That said he did have some hang up's and maybe that was what the blonde woman was catching onto. A sigh left him as Chase turned to look out the window on his right, eyes drifting over the Arizona scenery before returning to the road ahead. "I'm just....worried. That damn Dragon nearly killed him, and the only reason he was sticking around Vitae in the first place was because of me."

NanLia NanLia

Maxwell dropped the dirty rag on the nearby toolbox and nodded. "Yeah it sounds like she needs a good looking over then if it's been that long. I'll keep you informed if anything major comes up when I do." Reaching for the nearby water bottle he took a quick swallow, "Of course you'll get the typical hunter discount but I've got to keep this place up and running somehow." He chuckled, "But at least I just work here instead of being an owner now. Only so many responsibilities to with employment." The man would be lying if he said he didn't miss his old garage he'd put his soul into fixing up but he was just happy to have gotten out of Vitae alive.

Safton Safton

Morgan Leroux

Morgan nodded along as she watched the woman fill out their registration book and answer her questions. "Great," she smiled, taking back the book and looking over the details. This was mostly a formality - something other hotels and motels she'd stayed at always had a registry for their guests. Given that their motel specialized in anonymity there wouldn't be any sort of background check or confirmation the information she left was the truth.

She glanced up to see the small mammal - a weasel or ferret maybe? - poking out its head from the woman's hood to peer at her; almost like it knew what they were talking about. At least now she could identify the odd scent she was picking up from the woman. There had been animal qualities to it but she certainly wasn't a wolf or kitsune and part of it reminded her of how Addy's smelt, when they were back in Vitae. Of the herbs and flowers she used in her remedies.

Mountaineer Inn - Main Office

"Pet's are fine." She said cautiously. "But you're responsible for any damages. The rooms with the kitchenettes have recently been renovated so you're in luck! We also have a full restaurant" She waved behind her where the two girls had disappeared through just moments before. "Open for breakfast orders, snacks, salads and sandwiches are available throughout the day to purchase and a family style meal is served in the evening. Our cook makes the menu in advance and there's a copy in your room. She opened the top drawer in her desk and removed a key. "It's 50$ a night plus a $50 deposit you'll get back on check out. How would you like to pay?"

RikuXIII RikuXIII

Brody Cannonach

Brody watched Tara and Ginny wander through the doors connecting the office to the restaurant and bar but didn't immediately follow. Something about the new commer felt … off. He quickly discovered the reason why - the pet she had tucked into the hood of her shirt - explained what had given him that mindset.

He stood and stepped away from behind the desk but paused when Morgan glanced in his direction. "Going to get the girls … settled before Mac comes in." It seemed the other wolf accepted his answer when she turned her attention back to the new guest. He made his way through the doors where Tara Ginny had gone and found them seated at one of the booths.

Mountaineer Inn - Kitchen

"Let's go, you two." He commanded; he couldn't help himself, and nodded towards the doors to the kitchen proper. He waited for them to get up and follow him through before he continued. He wanted to be certain he couldn't be overheard by the civilian outfront. "Mac left some bags in the water bath for you - she thinks she might have the temperature right this time. And she said you need to get in touch with Franklin soon - you're running low on stock and we don't have our hospital connections anymore. Short of robbing a blood bank you two are going to be out bags soon."

Eliasdagood Eliasdagood

Users who are viewing this thread

Back