• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Star Ascension

Adira chuckled darkly. "I don't feel bad, that's the problem. He was a middle man for some slavers, so I executed him."

"See, you did do a good thing. You don't give yourself enough credit for plucking the weeds of this universe," Miles says. All he wants is for her to not be upset with herself.

Still drunk, she looked at him for a few seconds to figure out what he meant, then she said, "He wasn't a weed, he was a person. Now he's dead. And I don't care."

"Regardless, we're going back to the ship and I'm gonna cuddle you til you sleep," he threatens and holds her hand while walking back.

Adira couldn't help but think that that sounded nice. She squeezed his hand as they walked, then said, "First time we got real close, when we shared a bed the first time, I was drunk then too, because that girl had died. I remember that."

"Good. Part of me was worried your memory was foggy cause you're drunk all the time." Miles looks down at Adira. "I'm kidding. Totally kidding." He smiles softly at her.

Adira chuckled quietly. "I only drink when I kill people. If I had been more careful, that girl would have lived. That guilt... in my head, I just couldn't do it." She leaned her head against his shoulder as they walked.

"Then we can drink in the safety of my room. Deal?" Miles asks, not particularly approving but wanting to reach a compromise.

Adira nodded quickly. "I like your room, because it's where you sleep when you're not in my room." It didn't make too much sense in its simplicity.

Once in his room, Adira sat on his bed, having mostly forgotten his promise of more alcohol. She reached out and grabbed his hand, tugging on it so he would sit next to her and she could be affectionate toward him.

Miles chuckles and decides not to remind her of the alcohol. He sits next to her and kisses her cheek. "Are you feeling cuddly now?"

"Yes," she said as she wrapped her arms around his waist, feeling utterly starved for affection. "I like cuddling with you. It calms my head down so it's not so loud."

Miles holds Adira close and presses his lips to her head. “I’m glad I can help you. It’s not good to always be thinking a thousand miles a minute. Sometimes, you just need to ignore everything and remember to breathe.” He looks down her. “Breathe with me,” he has a boyish grin on his face but he starts taking deep, loud breaths.

Miles smirks and kisses her cheek. “Better?” He says in a soft voice. “You’ll sleep better. Especially since you’re more than tipsy.”

Adira nodded. "Normally when I drink I sleep but I have nightmares, but I'll be okay if I sleep with you." She leaned her head in against his chest and nuzzled against him, clearly still very drunk.

“That sounds good. Hopefully you don’t, but I’m here if you wake up with one,” he says and rubs her back gently. “I’ll sleep too as soon as you’re sleeping.”

“So do you,” Miles hums. The following morning, an alarm wakes the entire ship. The voice along with the alarm said, “Red alert. Airlock breach. Door three has been opened. Emergency personal cabin door seal. Proceed to the nearest airtight cabin. Red alert. Airlock breach. Door 3 has been opened. Emergency personal cabin door seal. Proceed to the nearest airtight cabin.” Normally, it would have been the repair engineers to fish any doors that have malfunctioned, leaked, or opened. Door 3 was in a small room where there were space suits for people to exit and explore. The room itself was separate from any halls or anything, but the airlock in the room was not holding up. Apollo was in that room. He had strapped himself to a wall and opened the door. He didn’t have a suit on. And the extended pressure from the open door was wearing on the room, the walls had began to leak unsafe air.

Adira was woken by the alarm. She processed what was happening, and was surprisingly not hung over at all. In an instant she was on her feet and pulling on her jacket and boots. "Stay here unless you have your suit with you," she said to Miles. Being a former sniper, she knew he had a personal suit, but maybe it wasn't with him. She took a box off her belt and hit a button, turning it into her helmet which she out on, then made her suit air tight before running out into the hall. She sprinted to door 3 and immediately assessed the situation. She hit the button that closed the outside door, then opened the inner door so she could get to Apollo and unstrap him from the wall. She didn't know if he was dead or near dead, so she started dragging him to the medical bay, with a few crewmen coming to help her get him there.

Once the ship cleaned its own air, the alarms shut off. Miles runs out and sees Adira and the crew dragging Apollo. Some others run out, too, and everyone gasps in shock and starts muttering about Apollo looking good and dead. Amalie comes out of her room, and Luna out of the room next to hers. At first, Amalie feels shocked, but when she realizes that she’s not particularly upset by the sight, she feels guilty. Luna puts a hand over her mouth and feels sick to her stomach. “What-what happened?” Luna asks, shaky.

Adira ignored all the crew and yelled at them to stop gawking and either get back to their work or their quarters. She didn't want them talking poorly about Apollo if this was the end of him.

Amalie said, "I don't quite know... Maybe the airlock broke while he was fixing it?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back