• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom The Untold Stories of Hogwarts - 1x1 HP RP

Aaron smiled and shook his head, seeming unmoved at the possibility of something bad happening to him should Xavier perform the spell the wrong way on him. He had no regard for his own safety in that moment. All that mattered to him now was helping Xavier succeed and be happy. Aaron couldn’t bear to see the deflated and defeated look on his boyfriend’s face any longer. He had to fix that, and he was willing to sacrifice himself to make it happen. “Hey hey, it’s ok,” whispered Aaron tenderly as he saw Xavier become distressed. “I’m so confident you’ll do it well that I’m offering myself up as your test subject! That’s gotta be enough for you to try, right?” Aaron laughed, trying to keep the mood light. “Try it on me. So what if you fail? I’ll be fine! I’m a Gryffindor! We’re a resilient bunch!” Aaron said with a confident grin. He hoped to encourage Xavier.

Xavier looked up at Aaron. He heard him but he shook his head further. "No, No. I cant lose you if I mess this up" He curled further in on himself. He heard every word Aaron was saying, but his fear was fueling his anxiety. He felt a tear drip down his cheek. "Aaron, I can't. I just wouldn't be able to live with myself if I messed it up. You could be stuck in a permanent sleep!" He said, his voice was shaky as he tried to stop the tears. He could hear the encouragement in his boyfriend's voice, but the panic in his chest was overwhelming as his breathing started to increase, he started taking short panting breaths.

Aaron’s grin slowly faded as it appeared that his light attempts at humor and efforts to keep spirits high were not going over well with Xavier. He frowned as he saw his boyfriend only become more and more stressed out, even worrying to the point of tears that he’d supposedly hurt Aaron badly if his charm didn’t go as planned. “Babe, I- I didn’t mean for you to cry,” he said softly. “Let’s calm down ok mate?” Aaron said in a soothing reassuring low voice. The loving smile soon returned to Aaron’s face as he put a gentle hand on Xavier’s shoulder to comfort him. “I think you know and are capable of more than you think,” he told the Hufflepuff quietly. “And believe me, you won’t have to worry about me falling asleep forever. Just mention food and I’ll wake right up!” Aaron laughed, trying his hand at light jokes again. “But seriously, if you do fail- which you won’t, I’m sure there’s plenty of teachers than can help reverse it if it does go wrong. Even old grumpy Snape probably would be able to brew a potion to stop a permanent slumber as a result of whatever charm you’re trying to do,” he said.

Xavier blinked away the tears, looking at Aaron when he felt the hand on his shoulder. He sniffed, his breathing started regulating at the touch. He dropped his head to the side, laying it on Aaron's hand. He let out a small chuckle at the mention of waking Aaron up using food. He swallowed hard, Aaron was so convinced he could do it, the encouragement along with the touch was beginning to bring him out of his panic. "I can hear him grumbling about it now" Xavier said softly. He picked his head up, looking at Aaron. "Are you sure you want me to try this on you?" He asked, uncurling from his spot, and slowly standing up.

Aaron nodded quickly and smiled confidently, not nervous in the slightest and showing it as such. He had the utmost faith and trust in Xavier. “Absolutely mate! I’m so sure you’ve got this that I’m completely willing to be your test subject!” Aaron said very enthusiastically for a spell that could go horribly wrong. “You’re a brilliant wizard, Xavier Collins. Always remember that,” he said in a soft near whisper, smiling lovingly over at his boyfriend and staring at him with his beautiful hazel eyes. “Now let’s get going, I could use a nap,” he joked with a chuckle.

Xavier swallowed the lump in his throat. "You better wake up Aaron Hoskins or I'm gonna be very angry at you" Xavier said. He squared his shoulders, swallowed his nerves and raised his wand. "Here we go" He said. He made the z motion in the air and thought of what he wanted to happen. A bright light flew out and encased Aaron, sending him to the floor rather gently for a spell and he seemed to be very still as if he was asleep. "You better wake up in the next ten minutes" He whispered, his nerves on fire. He was internally happy he'd done it first try, but scared that Aaron wouldn't wake up.

“I promise you can’t keep a Gryffindor down,” replied Aaron with a reassuring smile as he stood there and prepared himself for the impact of the spell. He watched as Xavier moved his wand in a z shape and didn’t utter an incantation. All Aaron could remember was a flash of bright light before everything went dark. The Gryffindor boy slowly and rather gently fell to his knees and then down on his back on the floor, induced in a sleeping state. The spell had worked- Aaron was very much asleep.

Xavier stood in that room for what felt like forever. He paced, he feared, the worry pricking at his heart. Five minutes had passed and he was trying hard not to panic. He had five more minutes before the spell was supposed to wear off. He walked over and looked at Aaron. He looked so peaceful laying on the floor. He kneeled down beside Aaron, three more minutes. He wrapped his arms around himself. One more minute. He looked over to the clock, counting down the seconds. He should be waking up in three, two, one.

Before Aaron knew it, his eyes slowly opened as he awoke from his brief slumber. He rubbed his eyes and noticed he was on the floor and initially forgot how he had ended up here. The last thing he remembered was a flash of light coming from Xavier’s wand after doing a zig zag motion. He sat up and widened his hazel eyes as it all came back to him and he remembered that he had willingly been the test subject that Xavier tried out the sleeping charm on. His face instantly lit up with joy as he grinned from ear to ear, springing to his feet. “You’ve done it!” Aaron shouted triumphantly. “Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant! What did I say? You’re a genius! Amazing wizard!” Aaron said, singing Xavier’s praises. “How long was I out?” he asked curiously.

Xavier looked up as he saw Aaron wake up. He felt relief flood his heart, the worry and fear vanished. He got up on his own feet. His cheeks flared red as he listened to Aaron. "I, I'm just glad you woke up. You were out for 10 minutes" He said softly, though the excitement from Aaron was slowly making Xavier feel better. "Heh, I can't believe I did that" He said with a chuckle.

Aaron couldn’t stop grinning. He was so broad of his boyfriend. He stretched his arms out high above his head and yawned. “Well it was a bloody good ten minute nap! Thanks mate, I needed the refresh!” he chuckled. “I can believe you didn’t though. You’re brilliant, like I said. You’re the future charms professor after all! You just showed why right there!” Aaron said.

Xavier smiled at his boyfriend. His heart swelled at how much he believed in Xaie. He had no words, what could he say to that? So he did what he knew best. He closed the distance between them and wrapped Aaron in a tight hug. All his fears, worries and insecurities melted away under the love and praise of the one person he held close to his heart. He turned his head to look up at Aaron, his chocolate brown eyes shining with love and happiness. "Thank you for believing in me when I didn't" He said, although the thank you was also for just being there for him whenever he needed. For just being Aaron.

Aaron chuckled and smiled proudly as Xavier went over to him to wrap him in a tight and loving embrace. “I knew you could do it. I’ll never stop believing in you,” he told his boyfriend as they continued to hug. “I love you so much baby. To the moon and back a thousand times,” said Aaron.

It had been about a little over a month since Xavier's reluctance to perform the sleeping charm. He'd been so upset that he'd fail and mess up any future with Aaron. He didn't how lucky he had been to have such a supportive partner. Aaron had helped him through it, encouraging him and getting him out of the panic he'd put himself in due to the stress of his NEWT exam studying.

Xavier had spent more time studying than he thought he'd ever do, and today, May 2nd 1998 was one of the last charms classes they'd ever have that morning. They had two more weeks before the NEWT exams for seventh years and three more weeks for the standard course exams. Xavier was planning on studying after class as well since he had the afternoon with no classes. He'd been studying harder than he'd ever done. He was confident, yet nervous as all hell. He woke up that morning at 7 and did a quick study session before pulling his robes on and leaving his room thirty minutes later.

He was headed for breakfast and he'd probably study more while he ate, glancing through his notes. Xavier walked out of his dorm room, through the common room and out into the hall. He made his way to the Great Hall, finding a less crowded spot. Settling down, he set his notes beside him, and filled a plate with toast, waffles and he threw some eggs on there for protein. He ate slowly, munching as he read through the same notes he'd been pouring over for the last few months. His eyes scanning the parchment as he ate. He knew Aaron would be around soon, and so he continued to study.

Last edited:
The weeks and months passed and with it, the work load for the seventh year students at Hogwarts only increased, and it seemed like it did so by ten fold with each passing day. Not one seventh year, even the lazy ones of the bunch, was not seen studying in one way or another. The more academically inclined studied harder than they ever had before and those who disliked studying like Aaron found themselves making regular visits to the library and staying up late at night. It was all so overwhelming and stressful and Aaron couldn’t wait to take his final exams and be done with the seventh year. Their advanced last year classes were incredibly difficult, especially potions which Aaron was sure professor, now headmaster Snape, made even harder on purpose.

The weather was getting nicer as May of 1998 rolled along. Spring was in full swing, yet no one in the seventh year really had much time to go out and enjoy the nice days. Aaron’s only escape from the stranglehold that was school work was the occasional Quidditch match. Gryffindor wasn’t having a fantastic season which was probably attributed to the fact that they were mostly older kids by now, all of whom took harder and more demanding classes. The bright young rookies were forced to pick up the slack for their stressed comrades but usually couldn’t step up to the challenge. A team consisting of mostly sixth and seventh years that were taking the most advanced of classes was a recipe for disaster. Gryffindor’s Quidditch season so far was rather disappointing. More well-rounded teams like Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff were continuously beating them.

May 2nd was a day that started just like any other. Aaron woke up that morning, stretching as he got out of bed for his early classes. A grumble in his belly had him heading straight towards the Great Hall to fill up on some breakfast and of course, see his beloved boyfriend. Aaron yawned and scratched his abdomen as he entered the Great Hall. There, he spotted Xavier hunched over a piece of parchment, studying hard as he ate. Aaron never studied while he ate- he just couldn’t do it. He couldn’t focus. He liked to give his full attention to eating. Only then when his tummy was full could he start thinking about studying. With another yawn, Aaron headed over to Xavier and sat down next to him.

“Morning love,” he greeted him. “Still studying hard I see?” Aaron asked. “That’s my little nerd,” he said with a playful grin as he very gently punched his boyfriend in the shoulder. Aaron grabbed a plate of food and began inhaling breakfast like usual, a stark contrast to the slow pace in which Xavier ate as was typical of the couple. “I swear I might bloody die if I have to study another damn page!” Aaron complained, his mouth very full of food. Table manners were never his strong suit. “If I have to recite the ingredients to a Mandrake Restorative Draught I’m going to lose it!”

Xavier had been about halfway down the notes when he heard Aaron's voice. Looking up from the parchment, a slice of toast in one hand he smiled at his boyfriend. "Some of us want to actually pass our classes" He said with a smirk. "Oi watch your punching there, this nerd still needs his arm" Xaie said with a laugh. It didn't hurt, but he loved to tease Aaron, it kept him sane. "Aaron, swallow first" He said with a laugh, reminding his boyfriend again to not talk with his mouth full. "I think I've read more charms than I'm gonna remember" Xavier said, taking another bite of the toast in his hand. He never could understand how Aaron ate so fast. If Xaie tried that he'd probably have really upset stomach the rest of the day. He'd finished the eggs and waffles on his plate, and was finishing his last toast. Setting the piece down, he grabbed his chalice and drank some orange juice, before he finished his toast. Sliding his plate away, he turned his full attention to his charms notes.

Hearing the gentle almost motherly in nature reminder to finish chewing before talking, Aaron quickly swallowed what was in his mouth, gulping it down with some water for good measure. “Oh you’re no fun like usual, nerd,” chuckled Aaron playfully. Aaron continued to eat at a fast but albeit much slower pace than before. “Well think of it this way babe, one day, you’re going to be assigning some poor students loads of charms work once you’re a professor,” he laughed. “So you’ve gotta know it all front and back so you can test the suckers on it.”

Xavier looked up at Aaron. "That's my job" He said with a laugh. He turned back to his parchment before hearing Aaron speaking again. "Yeah, I just have wait three years past graduation. Then I can give them all the same work I've had to do" He said with a laugh. He had no idea what he'd do in the three year span, but he was still considering learning how to duel. It sounded fun to him. "Too bad I couldn't give you all kinds of Charms work. Oh wait, you already have tons of Charms work" He said playfully, looking at Aaron before drinking from his chalice.

Aaron grinned and rolled his eyes in a playful, joking manner. “Those poor future students of yours, Professor Collins,” he laughed. “Just don’t turn bitter and old like Snape,” he snickered. “And hey, maybe I’d purposely skip your assignments so I get to spend detention with that drop dead gorgeous Professor Collins,” said Aaron, winking and wiggling his eyebrows, giving Xavier a little nudge and then light poke in the side and in the center of his belly.

Xavier blushed listening to Aaron. "I think they'd be fine. Hopefully they know how to study unlike someone I know" He said with a grin. "Oh, I don't plan on it, and if I do, I have someone who will remind me not to be old and bitter" Xaie said, looking at Aaron with a smile. "I'd give you detention every day just to have you alone" He winked back at Aaron with a playful smile. He laughed when Aaron nudged him and then poked his side and belly. "I like that though, Professor Collins. Has a ring to it" He said with a warm smile on his face.

“Oh come on! I’ve been studying a lot this year! Sure not as much as you but more than I ever have before!” Aaron said, coming to his defense but smiling knowing it was all in good fun. “Sorry that classes are boring as hell and I’d rather be playing Quidditch!” he added with a laugh. “And Professor Collins sounds brilliant. I can’t wait to see it come to fruition. Has a great ring to it and it helps that the man himself is so hot,” said Aaron with a wink and a grin, blowing a kiss over to Xavier.

Xavier laughed, listening to Aaron defending himself. "You've certainly increased your study efforts this year." He admitted, looking at Aaron. "Classes are important though! They teach us how to make sure we can defend ourselves" Xavier didn't want to admit, but that was one reason he was studying so hard. He wanted to know everyway he could should he have to defend himself or Aaron from anything. "Oh stop it you. I don't feel like being a tomato during class this morning." He said, his cheeks flaring red as he looked at Aaron who'd blown him a kiss. "Speaking of class, we should get going. Only a few more left" He said. They were going to learn how to do the fire whip charm today and Xavier had been reading about it during his NEWT studying and was beyond curious to try it.

Aaron grinned, puffing his chest out and looking quite proud of himself as Xavier had pointed out and admitted that he was much better about studying this year than in years past. He giggled as he caused Xavier to blush. It was always a treat to make the boy the color of a red tomato. It was like a reward for reaching a goal, the goal being to compliment and praise his boyfriend until he was left blushing profusely. Aaron had finished the last of his breakfast and by now his stomach was full and he was ready to tackle the day. They only had morning classes today so it should be too bad. Aaron slapped a hand on his stuffed belly and stood up, smiling as he looked over at Xavier. “Alright lad! I’m ready!” he said enthusiastically. He was in a particularly good mood today, all thanks to his boyfriend’s presence brightening his day.

Xavier smiled, tucking his parchment into his pocket and stood from the table. "Do you need a hand up there baby?" He asked. He loved to tease his boyfriend, it was his favorite thing in the world. He was excited to get through Charms class and then they could hang out in their room and study while spending time together this afternoon. Xavier had no idea what was coming, but he was happy with the peace he had. He held his hand out for his boyfriend to take with a smile on his face.

“No, not this time,” replied Aaron with a cheeky grin, standing up on his own. “But I might need help up after lunch,” he joked. “But I’ll hold your hand- that’ll I’ll do any day,” he said with a smile, taking Xavier’s hand. The two boys then walked out of the Great Hall as a happy couple, heading on down to their first class. Or so they thought.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back