• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Star Ascension

Apollo wasn’t breathing. His face was sickly pale and even blue, as if he was frozen but without the ice. His body was all swollen, too. The nurses see Adira coming with Apollo from far off, and immediately start setting up a bed even though they don’t know what happened yet.

“Wouldn’t he have floated out then, though?” Someone in the hall says, eavesdropping.

"No, you're supposed to strap in with one of the ropes if you're working on an outer door," Amalie said. But why hadn't he worn a suit then? Probably because he was cocky and didn't believe he would need it.

“Well I just hope he had a suit malfunction, not that he was so stupid he didn’t wear a suit entirely,” the person says, then sighs and goes back into their room.

In the medbay, Doc ordered Apollo to be brought to a separate room and was working hard to revive him. At first, it was just defribillators, but that wasn’t working. Nurses brought all sorts of tools for Doc. Nothing seemed to be working. His heart rate monitor wasn’t moving.

“What to we do, Doc?” A nurse asks, concerned about what will happen to the ship if Apollo is gone.

"Up the voltage and increase the oxygen in that mask." Chrice was getting close to calling it and saying he was too far gone.

“His body is so swollen,” a nurse remarks. She knew that would happen when someone is exposed to the lack of air in space, but has never actually seen it. Another nurse does what Doc instructs, and after a few more zaps, Apollo’s eyes shoot open and he gasps for air. His flatline starts getting bumps, but his heart rate is way too fast for comfort. Apollo is freaking out and gasping for air despite the oxygen mask.

"Welcome back, Apollo," Doc said. To a nurse, she said, "Give him a dose of a sedative, doesn't matter which one."

The nurse nods and goes to get it, then gives the sedative to Apollo by injection. Apollo is panicking, then furious. “Why did you bring me back?! You should’ve let me die! You idiots! I don’t want to be here! I can’t fucking stand your faces!” Apollo’s angry yelling gets slurred until eventually he falls asleep on the bed because of the sedative.

Chrice walked out into the waiting room where Adira and Miles were. She dismissed Miles to the hall, then said to Adira, "He is very unstable mentally, it was an attempted suicide with no doubt. He's madd he was revived. You should bring the therapist in here at once."

Adira nodded and started making the arrangements.

Max got wind of Apollos situation and messages Mason and Epicot to see if they’ve heard. Epicot hadn’t, Mason had. Max decides to go next door and knock on Epicot’s door.

Mason messages Amalie asking if she was okay, if she wasn’t in shock that Apollo was hurt.

Epicot answered the door and smiled at Max. "Hey, handsome. What'cha up to?"

Amalie replied that she was fine and not that shocked nor concerned.

“Just wanted to chat. Wanted to make sure you don’t get any ideas like Apollo did,” Max says.

Mason writes, “While he’s not here to scold us, wanna go visit that electric room you showed me around the time we met?”

Epicot shook his head. "Nah, I love myself too much to try that...." He blushed a little and said smoothly, "And I would miss you."

Amalie grinned and didn't text a reply, instead going straight to his room and banging on his door.

Max smiles. “I’d miss you a lot too, Epi. Can I come in?”

Mason jumps at the banging and clutches his chest. He goes to the door. “Amalie, you scared the actual shit out of me. You have a bad habit of doing that. I think I peed a little.” She was loud and spunky for such a small girl.

"Absolutely," Epicot said with a smile. "You know you're always welcome here."

"But I'm exciteeeddd," Amalie said, jumping up and down like a child.

Max walks past Epicot and sits on his bed. “I’ve been thinking... if you’re up for it, I kinda wanted to try going on a date... or something.”

Mason laughs and takes her hands to stop her. “I know you are. Now let’s go before you implode,” he says.

"That would be nice. Making it official and all instead of this... Game." Epicot smiled and sat down next to Max.

"Yay!" Amalie said as she led him into the engineering section, and to the locked room. She used her key card to get them in again, and brought him to the rail, so they could watch the colorful sparks fly like contained fireworks.

“Yes. I think it would make it easier for both of us,” Max says. “I’m sorry I’m difficult. I was just confused. But I do like you. Even if you’re ugly,” he jokes.

Mason sits beside her and holds her hand in his lap, quietly watching and glad that she’s so excited.

"Don't be sorry. You're worth the hassle," Epicot said with a soft smile. "Even if you insult me occasionally."

Amalie leaned her head on his shoulder and watched the light show with a grin in her face.

“You’re allowed to insult me too, you know. But you’re way too nice to do that, huh?” Max smiles and brushes Epicots hair behind his ear.

Mason gasps and points at one moment. “Look, isn’t that the green one you said you liked? It passed so quickly.”

"I'm only nice to you, you know that," Epicot said with a grin. He leaned his head against Max's shoulder cutely.

Amalie was surprised he had remembered that, and it warmed her heart a bit. "Yeah. They all disappear really quickly, but it's nice to get to see them at all."

“Yeah, you’re kind of an ass to most people,” Max teases. “I’m grateful, though. I’m grateful you decided to stay on Capath once you got older. And I’m grateful we’re stuck together.”

“I like the blue ones, I think. The neon blues. I wish I could freeze them to stare at them individually,” he says, rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb.

"Me too," Epi said. "I'm grateful you were ever willing to give me a chance at all."

Amalie squeezed is hand a bit and nuzzled against his shoulder. "But then they wouldn't be as special. They would just be a color, and they wouldnt be interesting after a while. You can like the color on a wall, but you wouldn't enjoy staring at it and watching it."

“I don’t understand why you agreed to stay on the ship, though. You could be very valuable in foreign affairs and stuff like that,” Max says. “I doubt there’s many stable half-Tia like you.”

“Wow, I haven’t ever thought of things that way. You’re very right,” he says and smiles to himself, then turns his head to her and takes her chin, lifting her face to his and kissing her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back