• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Star Ascension

"Thank you. And thank you for letting me practice on you," Mason says with a wink.

"Don't feel bad. Like I said, this ship is well-stocked," Apollo says. He cracks a little smile. Even smiling seems odd to Apollo because be hasn't done it in awhile.

Later that same evening, Adira was sitting in a bar, getting progressively more drunk. She was in a bad part of the planet, where nobody would recognize her. She had told Miles that she would be back over two hours ago, and being concerned, Miles used a tracking code she had given him for her phone, which displayed where she was and the bad area she was in

Miles stares at his phone and lightly jogs to the area she's in, and when he's close enough he calls her name and looks around for her, not caring about weird stares. He was panicking and sweating, praying she was safe.

Adira didn't hear him. The bar she was in was loud and reflected the dark underbelly of the city which she chose to hide out in. Besides, she was already halfway drunk. What she did hear was a man asking if she was a hooker. Within a minute, both she and the man were outside fighting, and she as winning. In fact, she punched the man and knocked him clean out, not even realize that Miles was there watching.

Miles hugs Adira from behind and pins her arms along her sides in the hug. "Adira! What the hell, stop it," Miles says sternly.

Adira, not knowing it was Miles, broke his grip and turned to face him, ready to fight. Realizing who it was, her demeanor completely changed. "Miles? Why are you here...?"

"I'm here because you said you'd be back 2 hours ago! You shouldn't be out this far in this kind of area, plus do you forget you only recently healed from your injury? We're going back to the ship." He grabs her hand, frustrated but not angry.

Adira reflexively pulled her hand back. "I can't go back! Look at me! I'm half drunk! I cannot go back to the ship like this!" Everything he said was accurate and a fair point, but she didn't want to go back.

"We're going to go straight back to your room. You can't stay out here forever, you'll have to go back to the ship eventually. Come on, please listen to me," Miles says, starting to feel desperate.

"Yeah, but I could either wait til I'm sober or keep drinking until I don't care!" Adira wasn't looking for an argument. In fact, Miles could see that she was feeling rather desperate and lost.

Miles narrows his eyes. "Then you leave me no choice." Miles picks Adira up and puts her over his shoulder then starts heading back to the ship.

Adira hit Miles in the back, though not as hard as she would have if he were someone else. "Put me down! I'm your captain and your girlfriend!"

"This is kidnapping and nothing less! Let me get drunk and hate myself, its just what I do!" Adira wasn't going to give up that quickly.

"Because I love you and I want you to stay safe," Miles says while walking, meaning it when he said he loves her.

"No I'm not joking, I'm not a good person, leave me alone, I'm bad...." She could feel the tears falling to the sidewalk as he carried her.

"You're not bad. You're so kind and everyone adores you. I adore you. The ship depends on you so you need to quit feeling sorry for yourself and accept the love you get," Miles says firmly, hearing the tears in her voice. He hugs her body closer as best he can.

"I don't feel sorry for myself, I don't do self pity, I don't deserve pity, Miles, you don't know what I've done," she was crying quietly against his back.

Miles stops walking and sets her down, putting his hands on her shoulders and looking her in the eye. "Then tell me some things, and I'll judge that myself," Miles says seriously.

Surprisingly sober, she said clearly, "I told you when you joined this crew that we do unorthodox things. Things off the book. Illegal things. But I also know you probably didn't believe all the rumors about me. Miles, a little over an hour ago, I shot a man in the head point-blank. I got drunk, then I was going to get into a fight, then sneak back onto the ship. It's what I do."

Miles looks away from her eyes and his eyes move around as if he's thinking. "Hmm... wow, look at that. My opinion of you hasn't changed." He looks back at her eyes. "You've done so much good and have been so successful that there has to be some balance, right? Don't feel bad. Everyone does shitty things nowadays. And I'm sure there was a good reason you shot that man."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back