• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Star Ascension

As they moved further out to where the water was chest height, they were joking and splashing around, and Amalie lost her footing as a wave swept over her. She hadn't known the tie on her top was loose, and when she resurfaced, with was with her arms crossed over her bare chest, with her top floating towards the beach. "Shit! Mason, grab that please! Before someone notices!" Nothing was exposed, but it was terribly embarrasing.

"I don't know if I could oversee anything.... I'm sorry but I don't understand." She had just wanted to be able to work on computers and engines and things that made sense.

Mason breaks out into a laugh but swims after the top, managing to grab it with one of his long arms. He swims back to Amalie and decides to mess with her a bit. He holds onto the top and lifts it up. "Did you lose this? Perv," Mason grins wickedly and holds it out of reach from her.

"I'm not going to let them do what they're suggesting so don't worry about it. I'll put you with the computer engineers," Apollo says firmly.

"You're the perv, look at you!" She normally would have just gone for it, even if it showed everything, but she didn't want to spook mason. "Even if I let go I couldn't reach!" She laughed, then said, "May I please have my top back?"

"Sounds good to me," Luna said with a shrug.

Mason has a glint in his eye. "Hmm... you want it? I don't think you need it~"

Apollo stares at Luna, gradually feeling more and more embarrassed about the state of his room and of himself. He couldn't even find it in himself to be flirtatious like he used to be, he was so ashamed.

"I do, this isn't a nude beach. I will get in trouble, and anyway, I would like to preserve some of my dignity." Amalie waited patiently, hoping he would just give in.

Luna wasn't sure what to say in response to the silence. It took her a few moments of thought to think to say, "Uh, could you maybe show me to the tool room and all? Maybe my own room? I didn't quite get a tour."

Mason rolls his eyes. "What dignity? You already got knocked over by a wave and lost your top," Mason says. He puts the top back in arms reach only because he's putting it back on for her.

"Oh, sure. I'll show you where you'll be working from and all that," Apollo stands up and goes to the door, opening it for her. There was quite a height difference between them, and Apollo blushed as she passed by him, imagining himself holding such a small girl to his chest.

"Shut up, it's not my fault I'm tiny." She smirked and accepted his help,turning so he could tie the strings in the back.

Luna walked by without a second thought and waited for him to lead her wherever he was going to. Amalie had messaged Luna before about Apollo, but this man seemed very different from the one described.

Mason laughs and ties it tight. "There, that should hold."

Apollo leads the way to the computer sector. "So tell me some things about yourself. I can already see that you're beautiful and smart, but there has to be more than just that," Apollo says, happy that he seems to be getting back in the groove.

"Thank you," Amalie said, then turned to face him and splashed some water at him. "That's for not giving it back right away!"

"Ah, I see you're a flirter." Luna brushed off what he said. "I used to work on docked ships before this, got bored of that, and wanted to get away and work full time, that's about all."

Mason laughs and pushes his hair back off his face. "Okay. I deserved that."

"What about other than work? What are you interested in?" Apollo asks.

"Yeah you did. By the way, your hair looks nice like that. But don't do that like every day or anything." it was a nice look on Mason, but one that she felt would quickly wear thin.

"Uh, I like painting, I don't do it too much, but I like it when I have the time." Luna supposed that was what he meant.

"Oh? Why not?" Mason asks, tilting his head. He places his hands gently on her hips.

Apollo nods. "Painting... are you any good?"

"Because if you did it every day, that would mean you were gelling your hair, that makes it look like you're trying, and it takes away from your slightly intimidating look that I like so much." Amalie listed off the reason like a fact from a book.

"Not bad I guess," Amalie said with a shrug.

Mason looks surprised and laughs. "Okay, well then I won't be doing that every day I guess," Mason says. "I'm not intimidating, though. I'm the least intimidating person there is." This wasn't true simply because Mason was more intense while fighting than most people.

"I want to see you paint sometime," Apollo says. They get to the tool room, and Apollo shows her. "This is where you can get whatever equipment you need. The computer room is actually to the left of this one."

"It's just that you're a big guy and that's kind of intimidating, but I like it." Amalie giggled as she tried to explain herself.

Right away, Luna went off to the left to look at the computers. Being a main resource hub for the majority of the computers on the ship, it had quite a few computers with quite a few purposes.

"Well if you like it then I'm not one to take it away from you," Mason smiles at her.

Apollo stands in the doorway and watches Luna. "Would you wanna get lunch together after I show you your room?"

"Thank you, that's sweet." Of course she was partially messing with him, since he didn't seem like the type to gel his hair every single day anyway.

"Oh, sure! I don't know where the cafeteria is either, so that owuld be nice," Luna said cheerily.

Mason chuckles and kisses Amalie's head. "You're cute."

Apollo nods. "Good," he says, waiting for her to be done in that room.

"I know. And you're handsome." Amalie said and kissed his cheek.

Luna followed Apollo like a lost puppy, but also a happy puppy.

"Me? Nah, my brother is the handsome one. I'm the cool one," Mason grins mischievously.

Apollo shows her her room, then heads off to the cafeteria for food.

"You're both," Amalie said. "And I love you." She liked to remind him of those words and emotions.

In the cafeteria, Luna piled up her tray with plates on plates of food, then found a seat with Apollo.

Mason blushes slightly. "I love you too," he says and stares into her eyes. He gets shy and looks out onto the beach. "So what else did you like to do here? You have to show me more than just the beach."

Apollo has a light meal and he watches her dog in before starting to eat as well.

Amalie reached up and took his chin gently in her hand. "I will. But please. I heard what you said, and I love you too." She smiled and gave him a tight hug, since she didn't want to force a kiss on him.

Luna said, "I'm in the habit of grabbing so much food, because the dock crew is almost all guys, and if I don't take a lot, I don't get enough."

Mason smiles. "I heard you the first time," he hums and leans down to kiss her lips while hugging back.

"Don't worry, it's not like that here. This ship is well stocked," Apollo says.

That was all she had wanted. She kissed him back with just as much intensity. When they broke the kiss, she said, "You're so good at kissing."

"Oh. I feel bad, I probably won't eat half of this," Luna said with a bit of a blush.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back