• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Star Ascension

"I don't want to be valuable in foreign affairs. I would only be valuable because of what my father did to my mother," he said with a frown. "I'd rather actually make myself useful here."

Amalie had been surprised, but immediately returned the kiss in full, and when they separated, she was blushing, even though they had kissed before. "Thank you for that."

Max nods a little. “That’s fair,” He says quietly and moves to hug Epicot tightly, pulling him down onto the bed. “I’m sure you’ll prove very useful here.”

Mason hesitates, then nods. “Yeah. You’re welcome,” he says and pulls her closer and sighs, looking at the lights again and being reminded of how finite his own time was. Was he always going to be so hesitant about furthering relationships? It made him feel bad.

Eli smiled and said, "Yeah. Everyone has gotten over my bloodline by now, so it's more comfortable working here." He wriggled around until he could hug Max back, holding him close.

Amalie was watching the lights again, and leaned back against him, clearly perfectly content in the moment and enjoying his company thoroughly, contrary to his concerns.

“Good. I’m glad things are working out for both of us,” Max says and gently touches Epicot’s pointy ears.

Mason turns his head and gently kisses the top of hers. “Just let me know when you’re ready to head out.”

"Yep. Everything, even being with you," Epi said.

Amalie nodded, and soon they got up and left. She made sure to lock the door behind them.

Max chuckles. “That sounds weird, don’t say that. Let’s be together without acknowledging it all the time.”

Mason holds Amalies hand firmly, not wanting to let go for some reason.

Miles is running down the hall to the captains room, and he pounds on Adiras door and calls her name urgently.

"Well, okay," Epicot said.

Amalie noticed how tightly Mason was holding her hand, and when they got to his room, asked, "Mason, are you okay?"

Adira opened the door quickly, and was clearly concerned. "Miles, what is it, was someone hurt?"

“I really like your face,” Max pauses. “That sounds weird. I mean, I really like that you look unique.”

Mason nods. “I’m fine. I just... with Apollo, I guess I’m just worried you might get ideas... it’s irrational, I know, but..” Mason sighs a little, feeling dumb.

“No. But I found your friend, your friend Mora,” Miles says, looking super excited. He had been secretly working on research to find her for the longest time.

"Oh, thank you. I understand what you mean," Epcot chuckled.

Amalie looked over at Mason and smiled a little. "Oh Mason, it's not irrational, but I'm not depressed or anything of the kind. I have no wish to do that."

"Mora?" Adira asked, completely in disbelief. "How? Where is she? Is she alive?" She needed to know all of the information available then and there.

Mason nods. “Okay. Good,” he says and pulls Amalie into a hug.

“She’s alive, she’s on planet Yon,” Yon was a very small planet that is a known home to lots of refugees and escapees. Nobody touched that planet—the people on it tend to be violent and short-tempered. Miles hesitates. “I think it would be a good idea to take her away from there.”

Amalie hugged him tightly, hoping he wasn't thinking about suicide himself, now that he had brought it up.

Adiras nodded. "Yes, immediately." More quietly, to herself, she muttered, "To think, I had been there myself for months at a crack, or a few overnight visits... I was so close to her."

“Don’t hug me like you pity me...” he says quietly.

“It’s okay. There’s no way you could’ve known, I had to snoop around a lot before I figured out she was there. She has different hair, and an alias, probably so her old captors have a harder time finding her,” Miles says.

"Can't I just enjoy a hug from you?" Amalie asked.

"Well, I'll tell the pilots to reroute immeduately, we should get there as soon as possible, if, I mean if you're sure it's her."

“Yes, but less pitiful,” he chuckles, patting her back gently as she rubs his.

“I’m almost positive,” he says and pulls up a photo of her on his tablet, showing Adira. It was a picture that seemed like just an ID photo. And it was Mora.

"Fine," Amalie chuckled, then pulled away from the hug.

Adira analyzed the photo carefully, then nodded. "That's her, for certain. We have to get her." Adira pulled on her jacket and started running to the bridge.

Mason kisses her nose and smiles down at her. “What are your plans for the rest of the day?”

“Are you really gonna drop everything for this, though? Right now?” He ran after her. He figured she’d be in a rush, but wondered if that was the best idea right now.

“Well what would you wanna do? I already did something I wanted to do with you, so it’s your turn,” he says.

Miles opens his mouth to respond but can’t, so he just keeps following her to make sure she doesn’t hurt anyone in her rush.

"I don't know.... Can we go through the gardens, maybe?" Amalie said.
When she got to the bridge, she checked their current location, which wasn't far from the places they needed to be. Adira said, "Turn around, get us to Yon. This is a rescue mission."

“Of course,” Mason says, glad to do whatever she wants.

“Yes captain,” the crew says, not questioning her decision and changing course to Yon.

Amalie and Mason were headed to the garden hand in hand when they got an alert that the ship was changing course.

Adira went to Miles and grinned. "Thank you, Miles. This is the best gift I've ever gotten."

Mason looks confused as he looks at the alert. “Am I crazy, or does that say Yon?”

Miles chuckles. “I’m glad. I hope the reunion is everything you wished it would be.”

"It says Yon," Amalie muttered to herself. "I wonder what happened."

"I do too. I need to get her out of there, I don't know what she's doing there, but it could be very dangerous. Yon is... it's a safe haven for those who have escaped, only because nobody with options wants to go there," Adira said quietly, clearly thinking.

“They’re not gonna drop Apollo off over there, right? He’s not up and asking for it, I hope?” Mason says, thinking the craziest of ideas. “Unless... does Adira plan on saving that whole planet or something?”

Miles puts a hand on her arm. “She may not be the same girl you remember, so be prepared if she’s hostile... but I’ll be by your side the entire time.”

"I have no idea. But you know how much stuff she does off the books. Maybe its something like that," Amalie suggested.

Adira smirked. "I wouldn't be mad if she were hostile - I didn't protect her like I should have."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back