• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Star Ascension

“Maybe,” He says. “She does a lot for other people. I haven’t really seen her do much for herself while I’ve been here. That’s a good captain to have, one that worries over others more often than not,” Mason says.

“But I still won’t let you meet her alone. I don’t need you getting hurt in any way,” Miles says, looking serious.

"Yeah, she's good about that. Except, rumors have it she's been put in the med bay a couple of times for neglecting herself, before your time here though,"Amalie said.

"I don't think she's the one I'll need defense from, but okay," Adira said.

“Hopefully she’s limiting that now that she has someone who cares for her more than she does herself. Miles, I mean. They seem close,” Mason says.

“You never know,” he says, hoping her friend isn’t harboring resentment.

"Yeah, he probably helps," Amalie said.

"We'll just have to see," Adira said, clearly done with the coversation.

“I hope I can be someone like that to you. Someone who takes care of you, I mean,” he says quietly, looking at Amalie for a reaction. He knew they were technically dating, but he felt like he wasn’t giving her everything he possibly could.

Miles takes the cue and shuts up, just waiting beside Adira patiently while the ship flies.

Amalie smiled softly and squeezed his hand. "I kind of think you already are. We always meet up when I have a had day and you give me attention when you don't have to. But you really haven't had a chance to take care of me when I'm sick or in danger, so don't dismiss yourself."

Since it would take about a day to get there, Adira decided to try to get some sleep if she could.

Mason nods, mostly to himself. “I guess you’re right,” he kisses her forehead and sighs a little. “So, anyway, we were headed to the gardens, right? Let’s go.”

Miles follows Adira as she walks out of the bridge. “Where are you headed?” He asks, feeling like a ridiculous lost puppy that was also looking for praise for his good work.

"Yeah!" Amalie chirped, acting peppy.

"Bed. I think I should... Try to sleep. I don't think I will." She paused, then asked, "Would you like to join me?

Mason chuckles at her and pulls her close with an arm around her shoulders as they walk.

Miles nods. “I would. I’ll try to cuddle you to sleep.”

Amalie smiled and tilted her head against his chest. "You're nice to walk with."

Adira smiled a bit, then quietly admitted, "that would be nice."

“That’s a very weird thing to be good at,” Mason laughs, liking her random strange comments every now and then.

“I think so, too,” he reaches over and takes her hand.

"Well, I like talking with you and being with you casually like this, you know?" Amalie chuckled.

Adira blushed a little bit, then said, "You can come with me to find Mora. Just... You have to promise to listen to anything I say, okay? I know this kinda area."

“You could do that with literally anyone,” he laughs a little. “But I’m glad you picked me.” He squeezes her hand and lifts it to kiss it.

“Of course. I trust you, I know whatever you say is worth listening to,” he says.

"I don't want to do it with anyone else, I like spending the time with you specifically," Amalie said. She let him kiss her hand, then smiled. "How about a kiss on the lips?"

Adira and Miles got settled into her bed, and as Adira laid there with her head on his shoulder and hand on his chest, she suddenly said, "I didn't think I would find Mora again. I had almost given up."

“Hmm... maybe, if you do that cute thing where you get on your tiptoes for me,” He says with a cheeky grin.

“I’m glad I could help you, I really am. It makes me happy that I could be part of something you’ve been striving for,” Miles says and gently strokes her hair.

Amalie smiled, moved onto her tiptoes, and wrapped her arms around his neck.

Adira sighed, then softly said, "What if she doesn't want to leave Yon with us, though? It isn't safe there."

Mason smiles and leans in as he wraps his arms around her waist, kissing her softly.

“I’m sure everything will work out, she has to come with us, who knows what’ll happen if she stays there,” he says.

Amalie savored the kiss, and when it was over, she said, "Thank you."

"Yeah but what if she's set up some kind of life for herself?" Adira asked.

“Please don’t thank me,” He says and scoops her up, carrying her the rest of the way to the gardens.

“Then... if it really is good, I suppose you’ll have to have your reunion and end up leaving her there,” he says.

"Okay," Amalie said. She put her head in the crook if his neck and got comfortable while he carried her.

Adira nodded a bit. "I don't want to do that, but I may just have to."

Mason brings her to the garden and sets her down, but not before giving her one more kiss.

“We’ll see. Don’t stress too much about it yet, okay? Promise me you won’t stress out, at least until tomorrow,” Miles says and hugs her firmly.

Amalie took his hand again and they started walking through the garden. "So, how's your brother?"

"I promise," Adira mumbled into his chest.

“He’s good. Really good, actually, I think he’s liking it here,” Mason says.

“Then sleep. We have a lot to do in the afternoon,” he says.

"Good!" Amalie said. "I'm glad he's settled in and enjoying it here. I know with everything that happened to you all, it was probably quite hard for both of you to get used to it here."

Adira nodded and closed her eyes, trying to make her head quiet enough for her to sleep. She focus on Miles' breathing, and the sound of his heartbeat, and soon she was asleep.

“It was at first, but making connections helped a lot. And the jobs, too, I like that Adira made us do jobs,” Mason says. He liked being on this ship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back