• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Star Ascension

“I’m glad everyone found somewhere to belong, though,” he says. “Maybe someday we’ll have somewhere to call Capath again. Somewhere we can reestablish our land.”

"Yeah, that's a possibility. We're always investigating new planets, we can probably find one for all of you," Amalie said.

“Yeah I bet, but it’s okay, if it’s meant to be, there’s going to be a planet out there for us,” Mason says. “But I’m happy here for now.”

The following day, in the afternoon, Mason is getting suited up to lead a small group into Yon, and Max and Epicot are arguing about how Epicot probably shouldn’t go explore with them.

“Absolutely not, you’re staying here where it’s safe, I’m already antsy enough about Mason going out there,” Max says, arms crossed and opinion not budging.

Epi frowned. He hadn't considered how nervous the trip onto Yon was making Max. If he went, it would only be worse. "Well... Fine."

“Thank you,” Max says, relieved. The other group heads out, lead by Miles and Adira. Apollo stayed in, Mason stayed close behind the leaders.

Adira guided them into one of the major cities, knowing they werent likely to be messed with since they had a military aura, and were a small group. She stopped in front of an old and worn apartment building. "You sure this is the place, Miles?"

“Yeah, records show this is her residence,” Miles says. He tries opening the building door, and of course it’s not locked. He goes in first, seeing a couple people seeming to have made beds on the staircase. It was dirty and dark, and Miles leads the way to apartment 13.

"Remember not to look like bounty hunters," Adira warned to the group. When they got to the door of apartment 13, Adira stepped forward and nodded to Miles, then opened the door. Sitting on the ground was a young girl of about Adira's age, with dark brown hair and dark eyes. Adira's breath hitched for a moment, then she stepped into the room. "Mora...?"

The girl looked up at her for a few moments, then shifted nervously. "I'm Mora. What do you want?"

"Mora, it's me, Adira. Remember...?" Adira was concerned now.

"Adira...?" Mora seemed to think for a few moments, then looked Adira over. "I think you're lying."

"I'm not! Mora, please, I promised I'd protect you, remember? But I failed, so once I escaped, I looked everywhere for you but I couldn't find you." Adira didn't care what Mason heard, she just needed to convince Mora. "These guys are my crew, they're just here to make sure I'm safe, that you're safe...."

Mora shook her head and stood up, getting ready to run. "A former slave wouldn't have a crew. They couldn't be a captain. I don't know how you know about Adira, or look like her, but you're a fucking lost."

Miles frowns and stands beside Adira. “She’s not lying, Mora. She’s come a long way from her past, and we can help you move on from this just as gracefully. Please come with us, we’ll take you somewhere way better than here. At least trust Adira to do that much.”

Mora hesitated, then said, "Show me your neck. The mark...."

Adira hesitated, knowing that she wasn't alone, but turned around and moved her hair aside, showing two vertical lines right at the nape of her neck.

Mora started crying. "Adira? Oh my god, I thought you were dead."

Miles looks relieved that Mora recognizes her, knowing that would make things a lot easier.

Mason keeps looking behind him to make sure nobody’s planning anything. The apartment was too small for the whole crew to fit, so Mason and some others were standing in the doorway. The people in the hall were standing at them. There were people from all different planets, of all races there.

Adira grinned and said, "I survived. I crashed their ship on an ice ball of a planet. I almost died, but that became my home for a while. But now I have a new home, and you can be part of it. Come on, it's safe on my ship, and we can even take you toany major planet you like if you don't want to live on the ship." Adira was hyper aware the Mason had heard almost everything. She would be surprised if he hadn't figured out she was a slave long ago. But that could be dealt with later.

Mason heard it all and understood, but he wasn’t at all offended and figured Adira is aware enough to want to speak to him about this all later. Mora hesitates and looks around her apartment. There wasn’t anything here for her, she was just living day to day. Barely. And Adira looked cleaned up, so did her crew. She knew she was a little stinky and her apartment was a lot of rotten. “Okay,” she says softly. “I’ll just... gather a few things, if that’s okay.”

"That's just fine," Adira said gently. She turned to Mason, and said, "have the guards move further down the hall, give her some space, okay? We're heading out after this."

“Yes, Captain,” Mason says, speaking dutifully and trying to subtly let her know that he didn’t lose any respect for her whatsoever. Mason leads the guards out, still blocking the door but a few feet away from it. The door shuts as Miles leaves too after giving Adira a small, genuine smile.

Adira helped Mora get her few items together, and explained, "On the ship, you'll be checked for injuries or illness by our doctor. She's my best friend, don't worry. Miles, the guy who was with me, he's my boyfriend, if you ever need help and can't find me, you can trust him."

Soon they were walking back to the ship, with Adira and Mora in the middle of the guards.

“Thank you,” Mora says. She was nervous, but glad to be getting out of this dump of a planet. Mason leads the group out, and Mora waves a little to some of the people she knows in the hall.

“That tall guy, is he your head of security or something?” Mora asks, pointing to Mason.

"Yeah, he's just that," Adira said. "His name is Mason Star. You can trust him."

As they walked, their quality armor and good weaponry attracted attention. When they were approaching the ship, a large group of armed thieves attacked them. Immediately, the whole group formed a tight protective circle around Mora and Adira.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back