• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Splicers - I Am Legion - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
I'll have some more rolls after I select Skills, so I'll try to collect all of those rolls into one post later. Right now? FOOOOOD with my Kaerri! OM NOM NOM NOM!

couple love GIF by McDonald's CZ/SK

Since Dann is taking the critter-sitting route, I'll go ahead and take the Dreadguard. Sherwood, can I get some rolls from you? 3d6x10 Bio-E, and four rolls of 1d4 to add to my Iq, Ma, Ps, and Pp. Thanks ahead of time!
Here are your numbers:
Bio-E: 140 Don't forget to add your Pe and Me to that.
Four 1d4 rolls: 3, 1, 2, 3

Character and Lore Threads are posted. Stuff to come to them shortly, but I have a date night with my wife to go see Lindsey Sterling perform, so I'll be out for a while with that.

Character and Lore Threads are posted. Stuff to come to them shortly, but I have a date night with my wife to go see Lindsey Sterling perform, so I'll be out for a while with that.
Lindsey Stirling! Enjoy that lady and her magical violin playing! Have a great time!

i will never be that cute music festival GIF

Back from the concert, and it was wonderful. I heartily endorse the idea of seeing Ms. Sterling in concert if you possibly can arrange it.

I would like a shield but don't see one Is there an armor or item for host suits I'm just missing?

I have not seen anything about physical shields, but I suppose I can come up with some stats on them as a part of your Host Armor with a reasonable amount of Bio-E cost to them.

I have not seen anything about physical shields, but I suppose I can come up with some stats on them as a part of your Host Armor with a reasonable amount of Bio-E cost to them.

It's something I'm considering.

I'm also considering something based on an ape, with elongated arms and a few things that buff punches.

I'm still putting up some info into the Lore thread, so you have plenty of time to make some decisions on what you want to do.

Would having a second dread guard be a problem?

I like the lore of rough neck but getting far less stats, and half as much Bio-E per level feels like a big penalty to walk into, with no trade off that I see.

Would having a second dread guard be a problem?

I like the lore of rough neck but getting far less stats, and half as much Bio-E per level feels like a big penalty to walk into, with no trade off that I see.
Not a problem at all. The only restriction on numbers I had put out was the solo Bombardier in the group that Dannigan has claimed. The customization of the Dreadguard with their Host Armors will make each one unique.

Well, I wrote up a wish list of my Bio-E expenditures, and I'm only about a 120 points over what I can spend. lol I just need to do some trimming down to get to my target number, deciding on what I absolutely need right now compared to what would just be nice to have.

Well, I wrote up a wish list of my Bio-E expenditures, and I'm only about a 120 points over what I can spend. lol I just need to do some trimming down to get to my target number, deciding on what I absolutely need right now compared to what would just be nice to have.
I'd love to hear what both players are thinking in a little bit more detail it would really help me figure out what route I want to go I also am working on a list of questions for the GM but to avoid being a pest I'm going to compile the whole list first

Not a problem at all. The only restriction on numbers I had put out was the solo Bombardier in the group that Dannigan has claimed. The customization of the Dreadguard with their Host Armors will make each one unique.
So I really like the archangel I even like not having host armor and trying to keep up with the people who do.

It fits the whole Daredevil thing they have and really is a strong start it feels like for a personality and a character.

My concern is is that in a couple of levels I would have a hard time being really useful in a fight.

The dreadguard gets an average of 25.5 points per level the Archangel gets 12 and can't spend them on as many things and really can't spend them on defensive things.

And there are offensive upgrades to weapons at least ranged weapons but there are plenty of ways to increase your melee damage in a host suit anyway.

So I was wondering if an archangel could get some chances to close that gap in the story.

I do like The Narrative of struggling to keep up with these Legends but it's just like on a player level I don't want to be an incredibly weak Link in combat in a system that feels heavily designed around combat.

There are never enough points for everything you want. Just think; it gives you something to work towards.

So I really like the archangel I even like not having host armor and trying to keep up with the people who do.

It fits the whole Daredevil thing they have and really is a strong start it feels like for a personality and a character.

My concern is is that in a couple of levels I would have a hard time being really useful in a fight.

The dreadguard gets an average of 25.5 points per level the Archangel gets 12 and can't spend them on as many things and really can't spend them on defensive things.

And there are offensive upgrades to weapons at least ranged weapons but there are plenty of ways to increase your melee damage in a host suit anyway.

So I was wondering if an archangel could get some chances to close that gap in the story.

I do like The Narrative of struggling to keep up with these Legends but it's just like on a player level I don't want to be an incredibly weak Link in combat in a system that feels heavily designed around combat.
If you are looking to be able to fly, there are bio upgrades that include flight, either with wings or with organic thrusters. Or both at once if you want to do that.

I hesitate to make a bunch of changes to the amounts of bio-e a class can get because I've never run Splicers before and I want to see what effect those changes could make before diving into the deep end.

I'd love to hear what both players are thinking in a little bit more detail it would really help me figure out what route I want to go I also am working on a list of questions for the GM but to avoid being a pest I'm going to compile the whole list first
For my suit, I'm going to buy up some arm blades and up their damage to be my primary attack mode, but I must confess that the Omega Cannon does sound neat, even if it does only one shot a melee round.

For my suit, I'm going to buy up some arm blades and up their damage to be my primary attack mode, but I must confess that the Omega Cannon does sound neat, even if it does only one shot a melee round.
See I was thinking possibly fist based melee tank so that is actually really helpful in narrowing things down.

Might convert my archangel plan into a dreadguard suit then. Was thinking of using the 1 mile missiles with mile long vision to be flying artillery.

If you are looking to be able to fly, there are bio upgrades that include flight, either with wings or with organic thrusters. Or both at once if you want to do that.

I hesitate to make a bunch of changes to the amounts of bio-e a class can get because I've never run Splicers before and I want to see what effect those changes could make before diving into the deep end.
It was more me having a conflict between story and mechanics. Because I like the fluff of competing with suites without one but being weaker could mean a tpk...

I'm thinking that I'm going to make two different versions of the Host Armor, one more melee focused and one with the Omega Cannon and other ranged attack weapons and then decide which one I want to use.

So there was some talk about not always being able to bring mantis cannons with us.

Would an out rider on a zypher be acceptable. I'd understand having to leave it behind sometime but want to check before I get to excited.

An Outrider with a Zephyr is fine, but on some occasions you'll need to leave it behind. Other than that, you're good.

A quick question for you, Sherwood. If I get two Bio-energy Expulsion Vents (pg 99), can I fire them in a salvo together with one attack roll/action used up? If I can, that will help me to decide on my Bio-E expenditures, since the Omega Cannon is just so freaking expensive.

A quick question for you, Sherwood. If I get two Bio-energy Expulsion Vents (pg 99), can I fire them in a salvo together with one attack roll/action used up? If I can, that will help me to decide on my Bio-E expenditures, since the Omega Cannon is just so freaking expensive.
Yes, that should work.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back