• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Splicers - I Am Legion - OOC Thread

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Going to try my luck on making some rolls for MDC of my Host Armor.

Arms (2): 2D6x10 + 10 M.D.C., +5 additional M.D.C. points
per level of experience (starting at level two); both arms have
the same M.D.C. -- 110 MDC
* Hands (2): 1D6x 10+ 10 M.D.C., + 10 additional M.D.C. at
level seven and fourteen; both hands have the same M.D.C. -- 20 MDC
Legs (2): 3D6x 10+ 10 M.D.C., +5 additional M.D.C. per
level of experience (starting at level two); both legs have the
same M.D.C. -- 110 MDC
* Feet (2): 1D8x 10+ 10 M.D.C., +12 additional M.D.C. at
level seven and fourteen; both feet have the same M.D.C. -- 30 MDC
* Head: 2D6x 10+20 M.D.C., +5 additional points per level
of experience (starting at level two). -- 130 MDC
* * Main Body: 4D6x 10+60 M.D.C., +2D8+8 additional
M.D.C. points per level of experience (starting at level two). -- 230 MDC

Bio-Force Field: 3d6x10 -- 60 MDC

Last edited:
Sherwood Sherwood , I discovered while working on my character that the Bio-Energy Expulsion Vents cannot be volleyed or fired in simultaneous blasts. I just didn't want to fudge the effects when the book explicitly says otherwise.

Sherwood Sherwood , I discovered while working on my character that the Bio-Energy Expulsion Vents cannot be volleyed or fired in simultaneous blasts. I just didn't want to fudge the effects when the book explicitly says otherwise.
Thank you for being honest, but I have never had a reason to suspect that you would do something like that on purpose.

BTW, I have a work in progress of my character posted so you can see what I have done on her so far. I have to get my combat bonuses figured out, but my skills are all picked and my Host Armor's Bio-E is all spent.

Mirgris Mirgris Hey. Got a minute?

I'm glad to see you back on RP Nation. I see you have been back for some time. I have an important question for you:

What are the chances you are going to ghost on us again?

Nothing personal, O.K.? In the last game we shared, you vanished. Without a word. No one had any idea what happened to you.

If you require proof of this, you have but to ask.

In general, I have a real problem with the act of ghosting. There are three reasons people ghost in my experience. Either...

1. ...Real Life has hit them hard and they can't come back (the ones who care often let folks know when they have returned).

2. ...They are selfish and think more of themselves than others.

3. ...Or they have died. I am serious.

Now, if you were to say, "Hey, Dann. This is your problem. Not mine." You'd be right.

Thus, I'm not asking for an apology from you. I am not attempting to dig into your past. I respect you. Your business is yours, Mirgris, not mine.

I also respect myself. If chances are high that you're going to suddenly disappear with no word again, I would like to know now, please.

I enjoyed when we played together in the past. I liked the character you played. It worried me in no small amount when suddenly you seemingly ceased to exist. I hope you understand my confusion. If not, then it can't be helped.

You and I don't know each other that well. And so I ask:

What are the chances you are going to ghost on us again, Mirgris?

On a completely different subject, the hard copies of my Splicers books arrived today. Aaah, new book smell.

On a completely different subject, the hard copies of my Splicers books arrived today. Aaah, new book smell.
Terrific! Did you get them from a sale or the Palladium Christmas surprise package or some other way?

I just went online to the Palladium website and bought them. Had some overtime on my last paycheck to be able to afford them.

I'm just glad you got them. There is nothing like the feeling of real books and new books especially (which, I believe, was the point you were making!)! =)

Books Thank You GIF by Epic Reads

Mirgris Mirgris Hey. Got a minute?

I'm glad to see you back on RP Nation. I see you have been back for some time. I have an important question for you:

What are the chances you are going to ghost on us again?

Nothing personal, O.K.? In the last game we shared, you vanished. Without a word. No one had any idea what happened to you.

If you require proof of this, you have but to ask.

In general, I have a real problem with the act of ghosting. There are three reasons people ghost in my experience. Either...

1. ...Real Life has hit them hard and they can't come back (the ones who care often let folks know when they have returned).

2. ...They are selfish and think more of themselves than others.

3. ...Or they have died. I am serious.

Now, if you were to say, "Hey, Dann. This is your problem. Not mine." You'd be right.

Thus, I'm not asking for an apology from you. I am not attempting to dig into your past. I respect you. Your business is yours, Mirgris, not mine.

I also respect myself. If chances are high that you're going to suddenly disappear with no word again, I would like to know now, please.

I enjoyed when we played together in the past. I liked the character you played. It worried me in no small amount when suddenly you seemingly ceased to exist. I hope you understand my confusion. If not, then it can't be helped.

My life was sitcom levels of unstable, from an abusive GF, my mother being on her death bed, moving across country twice, flying out to voulenter for ukraine, etc etc.

I now have a much more stable life.

So there are only the two right? because the books mention things like "we are going to add psyhic powers in a later book" and I did not see that anywhere.

Also on an unrelated and untargeted note:

Palladium uses way to much randomness.
The outriders starting BIO-E for their mount has a variance of 20(plus 20) to 80 (Plus 20) Depending on the roll.
They then get 12 bio-e per level.

Thats a 60 point difference on your main class feature.
Thats 5 level ups in a system that only goes to 15.

Thats numerically insane!

Imagine starting in DnD and some party members get to start at level 7! and others at level 1! Due to a single random dice roll! Not plot, not PC choices, not balance, just a dice roll.

Last note:

Debating between zephyr focused outrider and dread guard focused on fortifications, and defensive warfare.

Mirgris Mirgris Glad to hear it! Sorry you had to go through all of that.

So there are only the two right? because the books mention things like "we are going to add psyhic powers in a later book" and I did not see that anywhere.
There are only two Splicers games currently published. The base game and the "I am Legion" sourcebook.

* * *​

I'm glad yours is a stable life again, but I kind of need to know where you stand here:

All I'm asking is this - will you let us know if Real Life has to take you away again? A short word is all that's needed there - no details required. "Hey guys. Real Life has me. I'll return when I can." That's all.

Or are you likely to vanish again without a word?

Sorry to drag this out, but I have a brain disorder that... kind of needs to know precisely what you intend. Otherwise, I honestly don't know if I can throw my hat into this game or not.

Mirgris Mirgris Glad to hear it! Sorry you had to go through all of that.

There are only two Splicers games currently published. The base game and the "I am Legion" sourcebook.

* * *​

I'm glad yours is a stable life again, but I kind of need to know where you stand here:

All I'm asking is this - will you let us know if Real Life has to take you away again? A short word is all that's needed there - no details required. "Hey guys. Real Life has me. I'll return when I can." That's all.

Or are you likely to vanish again without a word?

Sorry to drag this out, but I have a brain disorder that... kind of needs to know precisely what you intend. Otherwise, I honestly don't know if I can throw my hat into this game or not.
Yeah I would give you guys a notice.

Hell anyone who wants can have my discord.

The outriders starting BIO-E for their mount has a variance of 20(plus 20) to 80 (Plus 20) Depending on the roll.

Imagine starting in DnD and some party members get to start at level 7! and others at level 1! Due to a single random dice roll! Not plot, not PC choices, not balance, just a dice roll.

Last note:

Debating between zephyr focused outrider and dread guard focused on fortifications, and defensive warfare.
Now that I'm in, I feel I can talk shop now! =)

Yes it is (insane)! One thing I like about Palladium is that it's not balanced. That BIO-E roll is for their mount, right? Not the character? If so, I can see it. =)

I'm currently in the process of creating a long-term character. I'm re-listening to an excellent audiobook that's helping me sort things out (Alone at Dawn by Schilling and Longfritz).

My life was sitcom levels of unstable, from an abusive GF, my mother being on her death bed, moving across country twice, flying out to voulenter for ukraine, etc etc.

Last note:

In regards to psy powers, some issues of the Rifter have materials like that for Splicers, but I have not yet decided if I'm going to include that stuff.

Yes it is (insane)! One thing I like about Palladium is that it's not balanced. That BIO-E roll is for their mount, right? Not the character? If so, I can see it. =)

It is for the mount, but I mean the mount is most of what that class does.

But for the extreme unbalance, technically "Giant 3 headed dragon" is one of the choices.

It is for the mount, but I mean the mount is most of what that class does.

But for the extreme unbalance, technically "Giant 3 headed dragon" is one of the choices.
I have also added in the Lore thread a Griffon War Mount that you can choose to have

In regards to psy powers, some issues of the Rifter have materials like that for Splicers, but I have not yet decided if I'm going to include that stuff.
Sherwood Sherwood Can we not, please? As glad as I am that we have a handful of martial art systems in the game (including one of my favorites!), I think bringing Psionics into the game at this stage makes everything a little less Splicers and a little more Rifts/Beyond the Supernatural/Insert-more-games-with-mental-strangeness here. =)

Bud, I honestly think one of the reasons your Rifts Japan game did not last is because I think you were doing too much at once. I am glad for your enthusiasm, but we've already got one PC in here with a Physical Prowess of 30 and that's just for starters.

Maybe play Splicers first and see if we even want Psionics down the road?

Sherwood Sherwood Can we not, please? As glad as I am that we have a handful of martial art systems in the game (including one of my favorites!), I think bringing Psionics into the game at this stage makes everything a little less Splicers and a little more Rifts/Beyond the Supernatural/Insert-more-games-with-mental-strangeness here. =)

Bud, I honestly think one of the reasons your Rifts Japan game did not last is because I think you were doing too much at once. I am glad for your enthusiasm, but we've already got one PC in here with a Physical Prowess of 30 and that's just for starters.

Maybe play Splicers first and see if we even want Psionics down the road?
I get what you're saying. If I did incorporate that, it would be a npc thing that is very rare. I'm probably going to pass on the psi powers, though.

Sherwood Sherwood As the team's Bombardier, is there anything (anything at all) you would rather me to steer clear from or towards?

This is our first Splicers game after all. =)

Sherwood Sherwood As the team's Bombardier, is there anything (anything at all) you would rather me to steer clear from or towards?

This is our first Splicers game after all. =)
To be honest, I am still learning the details of the Splicers system and don't have any feedback to give on that.

To be honest, I am still learning the details of the Splicers system and don't have any feedback to give on that.
Then there we are. =)

I'm still wondering if a cowboy/good ol' Southern boy is the way to go for a character design. I like the idea because it gives the character a strong foundation (family). Bombardiers have the same code as Dreadguards to follow,* so I want a character who's been "raised right" and knows the value of fealty and loyalty to one's family, house, and Warlord.

Bombardiers ride around on something called Mega-horses, right? Cowboys and horses sure go together.

The rest, I suppose, falls down to the Bombardier basically being something like an Air Force Combat Controller except he's not calling in bombs - he's his own ground-bound artillery support! If we've got a teammate or two who can take to the air, that makes the idea of artillery that much more able. Sure, Bombardiers get but one Mantis Cannon at 1st level (2 at 2nd), but you gotta start somewhere, right?

EDIT: I may go with this concept or something else entirely. I'm hoping one of my past characters "raises their hand" (because that always make my job in character creation easier). =)

Any thoughts on this, fellow gamers? =)

*I clearly mixed the Bombardier O.C.C. up with another - they don't follow the Dreadguard code.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back