Chitchat Something "mainstream" that you don't like

Something "Mainstream" that you don't like?

For me, it's almost everything, especially the "memes" and the mainstream rap, like really, I want to hear a person singing, not an autobot. (>auto tune joke)

Truly getting tired of all the mainstream pop songs. They're really generic, y'know. Another thing that really irks me is the new korean wave movement, reprimand me all you want to, but I'll never bring myself to like it.

Being a hipster. I'm getting a little tired of this "IT'S POPULAR SO IT MUST BE SHIT" attitude.

Isn't that the point of this thread? To say that popular things suck? 

But you hate that hating mainstream things is mainstream. 

Shit's getting meta up in here :0

Celebrity culture.

Since when is the social ideal some twat/bint with 3 broken marriages and a drug problem that happens to have (or more often had) a decent singing voice?

Musical.ly, all they do is lip sync generic pop songs in cringy body movements.

Every time I told my girlfriend about something I liked she'd be like, "That's too mainstream for me." She even asked if my boots are mainstream because she doesn't wear mainstream clothes and I'm like, 

O96Jj.gif

So, yeah, that's why I dumped her.

Anyway, personal rant over, I honestly hate memes. 99.9% of them are not funny.

Anyway, personal rant over, I honestly hate memes. 99.9% of them are not funny.

ba1.jpg

Though I do love memes, I am actually kind of a hipster, apparently, and find myself hating everything that I later discover is considered 'Mainstream'

I think Harry Potter is mediocre at best, and I'm tired of seeing people use it as a reference point about everything as if they quit reading after the last book in the series.

Last edited by a moderator:
canisayreligion

Doctor Who, probably. It looks like garbage, costume and effect-wise, and the few episodes I've seen had awful acting. Granted, Tennant is brilliant, but overal... Yuck.

I think Harry Potter is mediocre at best, and I'm tired of seeing people use it as a reference point about everything as if they quit reading after the last book in the series.

I love Harry Potter, but I don't see how it'd be a good reference point for anything but magic/wizardry stuff.

Today's pop, as well as this age's taste of film. The music that people are fond of today is absolutely dreadful, and what people spend hours dedicating their time into watching...  What the hell? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back