Chitchat Something "mainstream" that you don't like

Fallout. *shrugs* Post apocalyptic games just don't normally do it for me, yknow?

Playing Legend of Zelda. Like the games are fun to watched be played, listen to the music, and the lore is interesting enough. I just don't find myself liking playing them. 

Clackers. Those are still mainstream, right? Isn't that the same for baggy jeans too?

Last edited by a moderator:
The Harry Potter series. Once you realise Aveda Kedavra is just Abra Kadabra with V's you really get a new look on how creative JK Rowling actually is.

Although I like anime, I goddamn hate the new mainstream style. It's too round and youthful in my opinion.

Steven universe was meh. I still watch it though.

Feminism or as I like to call it, pop culture feminism.

Retro pixel games. I get it, using handrawn 2d sprties  is hard work or even full blown 3D.

Although I like anime, I goddamn hate the new mainstream style. It's too round and youthful in my opinion.

Modern anime is shit for more reasons than just the art style.

The thing I hate the most is how romance is so easy for main characters, when they get any romance action at all, just have it fall in their lap. It's cheap as hell.

7 minutes ago, Windsock said:

Modern anime is shit for more reasons than just the art style.

The thing I hate the most is how romance is so easy for main characters, when they get any romance action at all, just have it fall in their lap. It's cheap as hell.

tip: just don't watch the shitty anime

Mainstream modern fantasy: there isn't a lot of experimentation in ideas and they always shun the magic away as if its even fiction within the canon.

magical adventures in the modern day: Fringe/in another realm or place (ms. Peregrine, Harry Potter, etc.)

magical adventures that aren't fringe: Always mideval & had little to no otherwise grounding in reality (lord of the rings, game of thrones etc.)

don't get me wrong, they have their place as well, but tropes do get old.

I think Harry Potter is mediocre at best, and I'm tired of seeing people use it as a reference point about everything as if they quit reading after the last book in the series.

On January 13, 2017 at 5:56 PM, fattiest fat cat said:

Harry Potter.

The Harry Potter series. Once you realise Aveda Kedavra is just Abra Kadabra with V's you really get a new look on how creative JK Rowling actually is.

Literally this. I did not read any of the books (wasn't allowed to) nor did I watch the movies. So why do I still know everything that happens? Why did it have to be forced down my throat? Like dammit, potter fans.

Mainstream things:

The sudden surge of everyone deciding they're suddenly God's gift to Earth and arguing over every little thing instead of actually having a discussion. Nope, the moment someone disagrees- Here comes the insults!

Some of the Rap/Hip Hop/ R&B there is.

I grew up listening to these genres. It's a part of my life and it always will be but damn, the new popular ones give it such a bad look in my opinion. I'm glad I found underground artists that have what I'm looking for. 

people who think theyre hot shit just because theyre dicks to people =}

Uhm...

Most first person shooter games, though thats really just videogame preference i guess?

Also my little sister has caused me to hate the very idea of five nights at freddies and minecraft with her OBSESSION with it. yes, i know thats a diamond sword. Yes, thats Foxy. There isnt a detail about five nights at freddies that i dont know and at this point it just drives me insane. Please stop cramming these games down my throat, little sister. 

Also i dont enjoy the american hortor story. Boring imo. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back