Chitchat Something "mainstream" that you don't like

ba1.jpg

I'm making the mother of all omelettes here, Jack. CAN'T FRET OVER EVERY EGG!

@IG42

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh goodness, I second this! 

I hate mainstream books TBH. Paper towns? 

Divergent?

The hunger games?

Screw them man, the decent literature is probably the stuff that gets left on the shelf. 

The Hunger Games was an enjoyable book, but I read them far before they became popular.

Today's pop, as well as this age's taste of film. The music that people are fond of today is absolutely dreadful, and what people spend hours dedicating their time into watching...  What the hell? 

Yeah, I'm gonna be that person, but if you generalize "today's" anything, then you're likely just really unknowledgable. Like, there's literally millions of albums and books and movies put out that are so varied, you can't possibly dislike them all. Or rather, you can, but then you'd logically have to hate everything from the past as well.

Are we talking about mainstream memes???? Because  these political memes ruined memes for me.FB_IMG_1480641363084.jpg

I'm not a big fan of the popular fashion trends. It's not that i don't like them because they are popular, though. I dislike them because while they might look 'chic', to me personally, they look crumby. It almost feels like they don't bother trying to look nice. And yes, I realize it takes quite  bit of money and time to look hipster, but to me, it's not pleasant. I prefer a bit classier look. Not saying full on Tux, but a nice button up, or a cheeky blouse. And please, yoga pants aren't real pants. (Mini rant over)

Mainstream? I dont like Mainstream Boy Bands, Kardashians, Sandwiches (so overrated right?), Mainstream Rap/Hip Hop, Pumpkin Pie(apple is better, dont hate), Pumpkin Spice, Mainstream comedians other than Louie CK, the NFL (No Fun League), NBA, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Call of Duty, CSGO, Mac/Iphones/Ipods.

I can make this list go on and on.

That being said I do listen to Rap and Hip Hop like I do practically every other genre of music. 

*cracks knuckles*

hamilton

steven universe

suicide squad and anything to do with it

twenty one pilots

halsey

stranger things

once upon a time

teen wolf

really any mtv original show tbh

anime

kpop

i feel like most of these may have been mentioned already but this is pretty much all i have tbh.

edit; forgot overwatch.

*cracks knuckles*

hamilton

steven universe

suicide squad and anything to do with it

twenty one pilots

halsey

stranger things

once upon a time

teen wolf

really any mtv original show tbh

anime

kpop

i feel like most of these may have been mentioned already but this is pretty much all i have tbh.

edit; forgot overwatch.

I agree with all of these (except Hamilton and Steven Universe those are great sorry) 

The mainstream idea that memes are just funny pictures. No! Memes are like genes. They are bits of knowledge which have an evolutionary advantage passed down through the generations. Because the purpose of humans of is more than just reproduction. If reproduction was our only purpose, our brains wouldn't be so complex. Just like genes, useless memes will disappear entirely, if Darwin's theory is correct (spoiler: it is). This is just the basic run down. Memetics is a science and the term was coined by Richard Dawkins.

So before you start complaining about how much you hate memes, educate yourself on what they really are. Because guess what: without memes, you probably wouldn't be able to write about how much you hate them.

- Science buff out

Oh and I hate Teen Wolf too

What do I hate?

I hate the act of going full retard over something meant for young children.(ie. Frozen, Steven Universe, etc.)

I hate any and all slang that this generation(2000's) is infecting my generation(90's) with. With the exception of lol. I like lol.

I hate "super cool" people in their mid-twenties who think they are better than everyone else but are somehow loved by everyone.

I hate modern rap and how rappers just butcher lyrics to make them fit into the lines.

I hate what Pokemon has become.(Enough said)

I hate the "let's-hate-on-CoD" trend.

I hate the "Donald-Trump-is-LITERALLY-fucking-Hitler-OMG-THE-WORLD-IS-OVER" trend

I guess I could say that I hate a lot of things. I'm not even 30 and I already feel like a damn old person bickering about today's youth.

I have played Pokemon up to Black and White. Those are the games that made me lose faith in Pokemon. Emerald will always be in my heart.

I am not a "Genwunner".

@IG42

Well, I had to edit the hell out of this. Don't know why it went weird on me. Anyway, you get the point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back