• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Time: Sparring time
Characters: Zeke, Aldaf

Aldaf braced and felt the sheathed blade whack him on the forearm.
"Gotcha, Scar-Face." Zeke taunted.
Aldaf reached forward and wrapped his hands around Zeke's wrists. His grip twisted, causing Zeke's blade to fall from his grasp. Aldaf smirked like a bastard as he held Zeke's wrists.
"Oh, do you?" Aldaf retorted.

SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy
55FF44

Time: After landing
Characters: Aldaf, Zeke

"Oh, do you?" Aldaf said and it sparked something within Zeke as he broke free from Aldaf's hold and took a few steps back, adjusting his wrist and saw his sheathed sword on the ground, only a couple of steps away from Aldaf's feet. Zeke decided to look down to his hands and shrugged. "I guess my fists will just do." He said as he readied himself with a fighting stance, waiting for Aldaf's next move.

kase9187 kase9187
Text Colour: #55FF44

Time: During the ritual
Interaction: Caliban, Katja

Katja stared up at Caliban with a sour look on her face, before she reached up and grabbed his hand, attempting to pull herself up from the ground, only to fail because her upper body strength is pitiful.

“I... look, I could never hate you, or anyone for the most part, I just... don’t like fighting... all its ever done is brought misery and pain to either side of the fight.” She rubbed her arms before she clambered up to her feet with Caliban’s help.

“... so what are your plans, mister... You know I don’t think I actually know what your surname is?”

Naberius Naberius

Time: Sparring time

Aldaf dashed at Zeke, barreling him over and constricting his body. Aldaf had Zeke's arms pinned with his feet and held onto his back with his hands.
Aldaf peered over Zeke's head to stare him in the face.
"You know, I was right. You are kind of cute."
Aldaf bopped his nose before moving back onto his back and tightening his constriction.

55FF44

"You're both right and wrong. We fight every day just to survive, the battlefield is just different for everyone. A hunter, for example. He fights a prey animal to feed his family. Is their misery on his side for winning, and providing a meal for the people he cares for? The wounds he may sustain sure, but wounds heal. You can recover from a broken bone, or a slash wound. But starvation is an enemy you cannot defeat or survive."

Once she was on her feet, he stepped back, examining her body. He didn't mean to be so...blatantly odd about the process, but he needed to size her up. She hadn't done much in the way of any sort of training before, no physical exertion in her daily routine beyond that of merely existing. He found this rather strange indeed.

"It's Lupei. Caliban Lupei. It means Black Wolf. And my plans are to turn you into a warrior, at least in part. This will be a long process. But you are taking your first steps today. We begin with basic arm strengthening exercises, real sparring will have to wait until you can actually throw a proper punch."

He scrounged around, finding two almost identical sized rocks each weighing roughly 10 pounds. They were small, but they would have to do.

"First, you will begin by picking one of these up, moving it back ten paces, returning, taking the other, and doing the same. Then repeat the process. This will help you build the strength you need."

explosiveKitten explosiveKitten

Last edited:

“Lupei. Great. Hopefully I’ll remember that next time.”

She watched Caliban as he started to look her up and down, and she subconsciously tried to cover herself with her arms. She was about to question him when he turned and started to talk about how this would be a long process and that to start....
She needed to move rocks.

She blinked and looked at the rocks, then up at him, waiting for him to burst out laughing and tell her he was joking. But he didn’t.

“... really?” She asked, looking back down at the rocks, then back up at him. Still no laughter. She blinked, then sighed and hobbled over, leaning over, wrapping her hands around the rock and lifting it off the ground, straining and huffing, before she waddled over to the other side and dropped it.

“... how many times am I supposed to do this?”

Naberius Naberius

Caliban watched her go for her first circuit, smiling but shaking his head.
"Lift with your legs, not your back. You'll hurt yourself otherwise. And you go until your arms and legs burn. After that, 2 more full rotations and then you can rest. While you do that, I'll get in a bit of a workout myself."

He decided the best way to do this would be to demonstrate, so he retrieved two larger, heavier rocks and began to make his circuits, lifting with his legs, and fully lowering the rock onto the ground, not dropping it.

"This might seem silly now, but you will thank me when you can actually lift things. And once your upper body strength is sufficient, we can start working on teaching you how to fight properly. I'll at least show you a few things today, make it a bit more interesting than just moving rocks all day. And don't worry, we'll only do this for about an hour or two, we want a workout not a torture session."

After Aldaf ran up to him, Zeke was caught off guard by his flexible body. With that, Zeke's arms were constricted by Aldaf's legs, like a snake constricting its prey with its mighty tail. Zeke struggled to break free from Aldaf's hold. "You know, I was right. You are kind of cute."
Zeke claimed that he was not the type of person to get flustered, but in this case, he seems to be doing nothing but turning his cheeks into an absolute tomato. Gods, please give me strength to not slaughter this idiot with my bare fists. He said as he felt his cheeks reddening in embarrassment more when he 'booped' his nose.
"Why, you little." Zeke gritted his teeth as he finally broke free from his hold with his skilful wiggling and will power. Once he broke free, Zeke touched the part of his nose where Aldaf has 'booped' it. "That was embarrassing! Don't you ever dare do that again!" He said as his cheeks finally lost it's colour and his heart finally stopped pounding. "Let me just show you how 'cute' I can be once I beat you to a pulp." Zeke challenged the green-eyed boy with a smirk, for a true sparring match is about to begin.

kase9187 kase9187

Katja stared at him. And stared a little more. Disbelief evident on her face, before she huffed grumpily and lifted the rock again, hauling it back and forth, back and forth, for what felt like hours of pure boring tedium. Turns out it was only five minutes.

Her panting was getting kind of obnoxious as she struggled to continue lifting this gods-forsaken-rock.

“... Did you do this on a daily basis?” She asked, eyebrow raised questioningly.

Time: After Landing

Aldaf grinned at Zeke's boasting.
"Oh really? You're gonna beat the hunter to a bloody pulp?"
Aldaf immediately went from a relaxed stance to a quick dash forward, bringing him into range. He sweeped out Zeke's legs from underneath him and pushed him downwards with substantial force onto a clear patch of earth, free of sticks or stones.
Aldaf jumped on top of Zeke for the third time. His smile was unsettling, as if he wasn't just sparring but that he'd caught his prey.
"Gotcha."
Aldaf spoke in a low, hushed voice. His words betrayed his excitement over this sparring match, his eyes glinting with bloodlust.

55FF44

Time: After the proving
Interaction: Ord and Matthias

For a moment, Matthias did not understand what he was seeing. By now, he should have gotten used to witnessing the impossible. But he hadn’t, and this new revelation shocked him as much as the others.

”How is it possible?” Matthias had time to ask, before the standing stone beneath his feet started to move. He flailed his arms wildly try and keep his balance, watching as the remaining stones began to move as well, revolving around some unseen epicenter. Matthias braced himself for impact as Ord’s stone projectile collided with the stone under his feet. Matthias threw his arms out, reeling back as the stone wobbled, knocked out of its orbit.

”This is not wind magic.” Matthias stated the obvious as he took a tentative hop to a neighboring stone as it floated by. This one’s trajectory brought him toward Ord’s own stone, though Matthias was less concerned now with the spar than he was with getting answers.

SilverFlight SilverFlight
color=#009999

"Me? Gods no, this is way easier than what I used to do. I'm a trapper and a hunter, remember? I got my muscles the fun way: hunting and wrestling wild beasts in the jungles of Sudenta with Lea. Why do you think I have so many scars?"

Back and forth, back and forth he went. Despite having much heavier rocks, he was completing his circuits faster and with far less difficulty than Katja. Though, he was also much more used to this sort of thing.

"I literally just came up with this. But it's a good way to get started building muscles. I'll come up with more interesting and exciting ways to train you on the journey and in Westeros."

Ha! He calls himself a hunter, that's cute. Zeke internally laughed at his own statement. He felt Aldaf pin him down the ground and not once Zeke blushed. It only sparked a fire inside of him, a fire that urged him to win. It may have started as a friendly sparring match, but what's the matter with a little bit of competitiveness within them? "Gotcha." Zeke could clearly sense the huge amount of prowess hidden behind his voice.
Zeke then raised his knees up to his chest and kicked Aldaf off of him with all of his mighty strength. Zeke then got up and re-adjusted his armbands. Zeke took off his belt before his sparring match, where he would always place his brass knuckles. Zeke then clicked his knuckles and heaved a breath. "I thought this was a sparring match, Scar-face. Not a hugging match." Zeke teased with a smirk, as the will to beat this guy grew on him.

kase9187 kase9187

Time: After Landing

Aldaf was kicked off, but rolled with it and landed a good distance from Zeke. He delighted in the fact he was fighting back.
"Yeah. A sparring match. Right."
Aldaf pulled out two blunted darts and threw them at Zeke, but both sailed past his head with a whizzing sound.
Aldaf summoned some wind, however, and redirected the darts to nail Zeke in the back of the head. With that satisfactory distraction, Aldaf backpedaled into the trees nearby, hiding in the foliage in view of Zeke.
"Come and get me, Sand Boy!"

55FF44

"Hey! Get back here!" Zeke scratched his head once an item made contact on the back of his head and Zeke cluelessly looked at a fleeing Aldaf. I should just leave him. He thought for a second.
However, his feet soon moved to his direction and shouted, "This isn't a game of tag!" Zeke didn't know why, but his feet just started moving and this reaction from his body made him extremely confused. As he ran towards Aldaf, he saw Stitt approaching him with his signature weapon and Zeke gave the creature a nod as a 'thank you'. Stitt seems to always know what Zeke is thinking and feeling. Zeke may not be good with sword fighting or any fist combat, but what he does excel at, is the art of the versatile weapon he wields and the many things you could achieve with it.
Zeke decided to take his chains for a swing over Aldaf's head only for him to miss. If he were successful, he would've wrung Aldaf closer to him. But unfortunately, he didn't, so he only gave Aldaf a chase.

kase9187 kase9187

Characters: Aldaf, Zeke.

Aldaf heard the chain whizz above his head and had a daring idea. He reached out of his hiding spot quickly and snagged the chain, pulling the weapon out of Zeke's hands rather quickly.

He walked out of his hiding place holding the weapon and swinging the bladed end lazily in a circle.
"Nice weapon. Mind if I keep it?"
Aldaf didn't wait for an answer as he mimicked a technique he didn't even know he knew and pulled himself into the canopy with the weapon.

55FF44

Time: After landing, at the sparring
Characters: Serik, Marylka

After sparring with Leandra. Serik felt his body a bit numb and sore. Feeling like he could use a refreshment, he headed toward where Ord had earlier prepared tea pot for everyone. Making himself a warm cup of tea, Serik sat down, smelling the tea’s vapor and massaging his own shoulder.

Serik then noticed Marylka passing by. Since the moment Marylka fell from the sky during the fight with the deathborns, Serik hadn’t spoken to her, seeing that she took quite an injury and probably needed to rest and recovered... At the moment, she seemed to have been fully recovered. The strange healing power Serik and the others had been noticing could not be doubted about anymore, something clearly had been done to their bodies, perhaps during the one year of memory loss...

“Hi, Marylka.” Serik called her. “How are you doing? I saw you faced off against Matthias earlier. Is your wound fully healed?” He asked.

Featuring: Saturn_moon Saturn_moon Elenion Aura Elenion Aura
#54ACD2

I don't need it anyway!
He really needs it.

Zeke looked above him and silently gave the sky an aggravated look, it was as if he was giving the gods a silent prayer to do something about his predicament. Zeke looked at his tightened fist and shrugged. Zeke watched Aldaf with a look of rage. Many people in To'bai would know Zeke for his very unique weapon of choice, they thought he chose it because of its flashy attributes, but it was far from the truth. It was Zeke's father who created, or at least drew the prototype that Zeke was currently handling. It was the closest thing he have of his father, aside from his father's journal. They thought Zeke would be over by his father's death, but in truth, he still has yet to shed his tears. That was the first weapon he purchased fair and square with his own money. It was a symbol of his hard work and also a part of who he was, so it would only be sensible for him to quickly be blinded with anger as he swung a fist, only for him to miss due to his fit of rage.
"Too far, Aldaf. Too far." Zeke said in a chilling voice that held no emotion what so ever. It was the first instance Zeke uttered Aldaf's name, it felt so right, but during that moment, it felt so wrong to Zeke. He thought he could befriend the boy in front of him, but that thought completely went out of his head as the boy in front of him just touched a personal subject he shouldn't have.
It was the very weapon that held many of his fondest memories, and it seems like a new, awful memory is about to be made as to the tension thickened between the two.

kase9187 kase9187
Text Colour: #55FF44a

Time: Sparring Time

Aldaf immediately jumped down from the tree upon hearing Zeke speak.
"Oh, sorry then. Didn't know this was a touchy subject for you, I apologize."
Aldaf approached Zeke and handed back the weapon. After that was done, Aldaf put his arms around Zeke and held him close.
"I'm sorry. We can stop now, if you'd like. Go work this out before we continue."
Aldaf shook slightly as he began to hold back tears, as he thought of his own reaction to getting his weapon taken like that. His father's bow.
"I'll also let you get a free punch in, for what happened. From what I know, I deserve it right now."

55FF44

"Don't ever speak to me." He said in a rather harsh tone as he pushed Aldaf away and took his weapon with him. It might be his temper talking but he could help but feel his heart clench in unknown pain as he pushed Aldaf away. Zeke went back and followed the trail towards the area where everyone had gathered. Once his rage simmered down through his walk, he couldn't help but rip himself piece by piece by the actions he just took, he was simply feeling the guilt claw him from the inside. Zeke came into the realization that he will never change, he will always be the same spiteful yellow-eyed Marcellius that everyone in To'Bai has grown accustomed to.

kase9187 kase9187
Text Colour: #55FF44a

Characters: Serik AncientBird AncientBird , Marylka

Marylka took a seat next to Serik, relieved to see that he was more or less back to his usual chipper self. When he brought up her injury she casually waved the matter off. "It's all better now. And as a bonus, I even got my very first badass battle scar." She said jokingly. "I never got to thank you by the way, for coming to check on me when I got thrown off Archie. I'm sorry I just ran off. I might have been a little too absorbed in the battle at that point in time..."

As Serik drank his tea, she found her heart still racing from the adrenaline of her earlier sparring session with Matthias. Her legs twitched, eager to get up and keep moving. "Hey Serik, do you want to spar with me?" She ventured.
"I could actually use the extra practice."

Last edited:

“This is the worst thing I’ve ever done in my life.”

Katja said, practically only able to drag the rock across the ground.

“And I’ve seen a lot of things. I’ve cleaned pus filled infections. I’ve been in the middle of a battleground with a giant undead dragon. I’ve been stabbed in the leg by a different, smaller undead dragon. Then was forced perform life-saving medical care on someone who also stabbed by an undead dragon. I’ve been pseudo-drowned in a barrel. This, this is somehow worse than all of that.”

She collapsed to the ground and rolled over on her back, huffing and puffing like a dying animal the entire time. “Why.. would anyone.. do this... to them...selves...”

Naberius Naberius

Time: Sparring Time
Characters: Aldaf, Zeke.

Aldaf heard Zeke's words but knew he didn't mean it. After all, he was letting Zeke hit him and all he did was push him away. But now was a bad time to talk about it. He'd let Zeke cool down like he always did when Zeke got mad, and try to talk and apologize later.
"I'm sorry."
Aldaf spoke softly.

"I'm sorry! Please!"

Aldaf rubbed his scar as he went to the trees, climbing up and finding a good spot to sit in. He pulled out another block and began carving, his supply replenished when he met with his mother after he woke up.
Spica poked her head up into the tree, checking on her rider.
"I'm fine, Spica. I'm fine. Just..." The knife jerked and nicked his thumb. Aldaf sucked in air through his teeth but didn't react beyond that. Blood swelled on the cut as he resumed, the little droplets the knife blade had staining the wood some. "... Peachy."

END
55FF44

Characters: Serik, Marylka

Serik lifted his eyebrow in surprise. He didn’t expect Marylka to challenge him at all, not after the her struggling round earlier.

“Are you sure about that?” Serik asked. However, Marylka’s earnest look was all it took to convinced Serik she was serious.

“Very well, let’s do it.” Serik spoke, laid his empty tea cup down and stood up, cracking his knuckles. Even after the fight with Leandra, Serik thought he could go for another round, beside Marylka couldn’t possibly more overwhelming than Leandra, right? “Bared hand combat, is it?” He added.

Serik then led Marylka to an open space near by. He took his stance and looked at her in the eyes. “Come at me.” He said and smirked.

Featuring: Saturn_moon Saturn_moon
#54ACD2

Characters: Serik AncientBird AncientBird , Marylka

Marylka followed Serik out to the open space. She was feeling a lot more confident this time, the session with Matthias had warmed her up and the fact that Serik also wasn't a full feet taller than her was comforting. She watched as he took his stance, but did nothing on her part except stand there with her arms folded across her chest.

The moment he was ready, she sprang into action, gaily and lightly stepping towards him. When she was within hitting range (for sure this time), she moved to punch him with her left hand, only to twirl behind him at the last minute and strike him on the shoulder instead. How she even knew to do that, she had no idea, but she was invigorated by the small success and decided it was best not to question anything at the moment.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back