• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here
Zeke found himself in another memory of himself, this time it was within the academy's walls with the academy's uniform, wrapped comfortably around his body. Ord and Keshka were there, along with the other people he thought he knew but couldn't. He had trouble remembering their names and couldn't grasp the hold of a permanent image his mind has shown him. Zeke knew for sure that he was at the academy along with everyone else, he stood proud as he was surrounded by a confident group of people. Zeke was taken aback when a new memory shifted and it showed him a smiling Zeke... Zeke was happy. He almost vomited at the sight if it wasn't for a mere memory of him in such perfect form with his Damascus blade, which he didn't know he could wield so precisely. He didn't know who or what he's so determined to fight against, but it clearly showed how agile and calculative his movements were. That was what he aimed to be and it seems like he achieved just that during that memory, but Zeke still has his doubts and couldn't say for sure if what he just saw was real or fake. However, from looking at everyone's faces, he quickly concluded that they must've experienced the same thing.

Just... What is so special about this whole group? He wondered silently. However, it was cut short when he felt himself being dragged down the earth and it was as if Zeke's nightmare came into life. It was as if his nightmare from earlier predicted this occurrence, but Zeke was too busy being anxious. Zeke clenched his fist and pulled his feet out off of the mud-like substance with a mighty kick. Something he wasn't able to do during that nightmare and he reckons that he'll do much more of that as he quickly grabbed hold of Azurine's amulet and called upon him with a single word, "Koray."

Zeke followed everyone to safety as they hunkered down to a conveniently placed cave. Deathborns went past the group, proving that Keshka's spell worked. It was just then that he noticed Keshka's poor conditions and he felt himself pitying her state. He knew how much his people value pride among other things, so it wasn't a surprise for Zeke when she suggested leaving her behind, which makes sense in his opinion. However, Zeke has spent enough time with this group to know how they will act. Kari stepped forward first, then Aldaf, then Serik, then Gerel, and soon, the majority joined in with their emerging leader. At first, he thought Kari would be a naive optimist who would have her optimism get in the way of some gruesome situations, but as time passes, Zeke learned that there was more of her than that. She was one of the few who he managed to get 'acquainted' with, and he was thankful that he did, or else he would've failed to remember one of his mother's teaching.

"My child, you must always have hope. After all, it is the only thing that is stronger than fear itself. That... You must learn." She would tell him this every time she sees Zeke being down when he was only a child, before the lightning strike and his life spiraled into a mess. From then on, he seemed to have forgotten about that teaching until now. The group's talk about hope (or the lack thereof) earlier on, made him realize how it affected people in such different ways.

They were scared, just like me. Zeke told himself.

Zeke took out his ball and chains, he also grabbed the sharp sickle in one of his borrowed saddle pockets and screwed the sickle in with a swift movement. Just as he finished doing that, Marylka covered their environment with fog and Zeke felt safe at this. Zeke had Azurine step forward, next to Leandra and her winged phantom, with his chains already wrapped around his forearms. "Let's get this over and done with." He said in a gruff voice. He wasn't much of a help from their past battles but he would gladly help now more than ever, even if it means working with someone.

Zeke scratched his imaginary beard as he thinks for a solution. "Someone would have to lure these guys in, in order for the ambush to happen." He said out loud as he was thinking. Zeke smirked at an idea. "I could put on a show for them," He looked at Kari with a knowing look as he was aware of her eagerness to learn the way of fire dancing. "My chains could hold them off, I'm sure of that fact. Wrangling up animals is my specialty, believe me when I say I know what I'm doing. And besides, Azurine's probably one of the few fastest Skybeast in this room, if something were to go wrong, I'm sure he'd have my back." Zeke sensed Azurine's glare as he could only guess about what he was thinking about. Zeke concluded that he must've wanted the title as the 'fastest' Skybeast among the group.

"While the rest hides behind a stone pillar, my partner and I could distract them by 'putting on a show'. Let them come to us. Timing is the key here." He air quoted himself when he said, 'putting on a show'. Zeke pulled out his journal and charcoal pencil and drew a circle that almost took all of the page, showing it to everyone, "Imagine this is the place where they'll be ambushed." He said as he drew tiny circles, representing the stone pillars. He also drew five dots on the bottom of the circle, hiding behind the stone pillars. He did the same thing on the top of the circle. "Then, a group could attack from behind, trapping the creatures in." He then drew an arrow connecting the dots over the middle of the battlefield, representing the action from the bottom of the circle. "The other half of the group could help me fight off the ones in front." He did the same thing as ten lines of arrows pointed at the middle... representing each and every one of them.

"Goggles," He turned to Kari as he grabbed a fire-resistant rope and a kevlar fabric. He quickly managed to whip something up like a rope dart within a few minutes with his crafty hands. "Are you ready for your first lesson to begin?" he said as he gave Kari the make-shift weapon. Everyone in the group must've been confused for a moment, but soon, they'd be acquainted with this performer side of him. It may not be the right time to do so, but working under pressure and stress can say a lot about a person and he should know all about that. This will be the moment Zeke will decide whether Kari would be fitting to be his pupil. He values this skill of his as much as his own life, so he could be extremely picky when it comes to choosing the 'right' one.

Zeke stopped for a moment. "Well, that is if anyone else has other ideas they'd like to put out." He challengingly raised an eyebrow to the people in front of him. Zeke jumped off of Azurine's back as he tugged his journal inside one of the saddle bags.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius Saturn_moon Saturn_moon YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro explosiveKitten explosiveKitten kase9187 kase9187 Elenion Aura Elenion Aura AncientBird AncientBird Lioness075 Lioness075

Last edited:
Aldaf agreed with Zeke about the distraction, but would rather Zeke not put himself in the crossfire. He walked up to Zeke and put his hands on his shoulders, standing in front of him.

"I... Look about..."
Aldaf kept stumbling over his words before he pulled Zeke into a hug. His voice was quiet, and he sounded afraid.
"... Please. Be safe."

Aldaf spoke to the group again, his voice back to normal.
"So Zeke and Kari will provide a distraction, if Kari agrees to do so. If either of you two need help, feel free to call out. What are the pairings for the rest of the team?"

SilverFlight SilverFlight SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy Saturn_moon Saturn_moon YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Elenion Aura Elenion Aura AncientBird AncientBird explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Lioness075 Lioness075 Naberius Naberius

Hearing his teammates started suggesting strategies, Serik thought of how he could be of use for them. He had lost any mean of defense, no weapon, on offensive power. His only chance was to use Valkyrie as war beast, but since it was a night time and in tight space like this, she wouldn’t be able to fight very well, not worth risking her safety.

Suddenly, Serik thought of something... His illusion, he hadn’t yet revealed it to his friends yet in fear of unable to actually create it when he actually wanted. The earlier night when he successfully used it against the small deathborns though, showed some promise... This time, it better that not try.

“Friends...” He spoke, calling everyone’s attention.

“I have something to show you... I hadn’t been able to do it before, but the day we faced the stonewargs together, it began to show and it has started to grow into me since... “

Serik said and took a deep inhale. He started to focus... Thinking of how he did it last night, using to create detail in his head...

Not so long, both his palms started to glow. Magic flew through Serik’s body as he kept concentrating. For a split second, he thought he could hear whispering... Was it god? Was it Celesta herself blessing him with her wonder?

Serik opened his eyes and looked at a blank space on the floor. He pointed his right palm toward the target. Suddenly, slowly and more powerful than ever, the illusion started to fade in, from feet up to head... Soon, there was another Serik standing there, holding a stick, his eyes show fierceness, ready to fight.

Serik stopped his casting as his double was fully formed. He took some breath and let his teammates inspected the illusion. It can’t fight, it can’t move more than just breathing, but I say it does provide us another safer alternative of distracting them. I used it the night earlier when they attacked the camp and the deathborns fell for it just fine...”

Serik said then looked for their reaction and opinions. He especially looked at Marylka, the only person he had shared this secret of his power... The person who encouraged him not to be afraid of his own power and that to keep facing and accepting it. Her approval was all he needed to put the last nail in the coffin of his uncertainty on his magic.

Valkyrie had seen Serik’s illusion before, yet she hadn’t got a chance to look at it up close. She tried to peck it out of curiosity, but her beak went right through the false Serik. It’s nothing but a form of light...

Featuring: SilverFlight SilverFlight SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy Saturn_moon Saturn_moon YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Elenion Aura Elenion Aura kase9187 kase9187 explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Lioness075 Lioness075 Naberius Naberius

Last edited:
Matthias
Matthias stood still as a pillar of stone within the ring of purple dust. He feared to move an inch, lest he disturb the perfect circle and plunge them all further into danger. Every instinct pleaded with him to move, to get as far away as possible from this wretched witch and the dark magic she wrought, but Matthias stood firm. Then the vision came, and struck him like a wave, washing over his head. He held his breath as he plunged.

There they all were. In Westeros, again. This time Matthias saw Ord, Keshka, too, and others... He couldn’t name them, but he felt that he knew them. More than what he saw, Matthias felt the vision, the memory, as though he were reliving it here and now. He felt strong, sure of himself, like he’d felt as a young man. They were, all of them, gearing up to face some invisible, looming threat. They were confident... Gods, what had they done?

His mind snapped back to reality the instant the vision flickered out, in time for Matthias to feel an impossible, invisible weight descend upon him. His legs shuddered under the force pushing, or was it pulling, him toward the ground. Then he was flying, falling, down. He scrambled to his feet amidst a swirling cloud of kicked up dust, snatching for the amulet that held Volos. ”Koray,” Matthias snarled, clutching the amulet as Volos lifted him off the ground, following the others to the hidden cave.

When it became clear that the Deathborn were not following, Matthias let himself breathe. They had cheated their fate, for now, thanks to one Westerosi witch. He eyed Keshka darkly, her suggestion that they leave her behind in the cave still fresh in his mind.

”Are all Westerosi academics so cowardly? A Northarian leaves no comrade behind.” If you must one day face death, at least meet it head on, on your feet, with weapon drawn, as a warrior.

He slid down Volos’ side, gripping the hilt of his sword. He let his other companions work their magic, their illusions. Matthias knew that it would come to steel, eventually. They were going to lead the creatures into a trap, but where to spring it?

”We should lead them through there.” Matthias indicated a narrow passage through the stone pillars. The bottleneck would force the Deathborn to file through a few at a time, rendering their superior numbers useless. There the rangers of the group could fire from above. However, Matthias and one other would need to hold the line. But eventually the horde would surround them. Matthias hoped they could trim their number significantly before then.

Last edited:
ea396fdfafce2773b7b04da89c4fcb95.jpg
Kari

Keshka looked at the faces, determined not to leave her behind, even Matthias' comment got a begrudging smile, though it looked like she also wanted to hit him. Frustration and admiration were battling for inside her and it showed on her face.
"Well then...it looks like you might be worth saving after all..."

Marylka concealed the cave with a thick fog and Ord clapped her happily on the shoulder. "Good thinking! It will make it that much more difficult for the deathborn to find the cave. Katja," Ord went to her and placed a gentle hand on her back. "If you don't feel comfortable going out there, you and your owl can stay here and protect Keshka, you will have Storm to help you too." The black dragon rumbled, as if eager to fight.

Zeke spoke next and explained his plan.
"You need wrangling done?" Kari took the rope out of her bag with a determined smile. "I got you covered."
It was a good plan. Kari liked it.
"Okay then, find a good place to hide right after that choke point. Once you're in position, Zeke and I will fly out and get the deathborns' attention. We're fighting in open sky now, so it might be enough just to destroy their wings, or knock their cores loose so they fall, we have the advantage here so don't take risks you don't need to take."
As the plan was set, and they began to get ready, Kari heard Aldaf's concern and grinned at him "Don't worry, I'll bring Zeke back in one piece, count on it."

The mist from Marylka's magic coiled around the pillars as they stepped out onto a small outcrop, swirling down towards the cloudy abyss far below. Kari was up in the air first, matching her pace with Azurine and Zeke. Ord agreed to stay closest to the cave entrance, but Kari couldn't deny that his earth magic would be helpful here, and she was curious to see what else he could do.

Keshka closed her eyes and began to focus, she put up an illusion of rock on either side of those who stayed. "I can keep this up for a little while, it will keep us safe if they do get in here...for now."

Once the others had settled in, Kari flew up. Zephyr strained against gravity, wings pumping as they rose above the pillars. He leveled out and then Kari saw them, a pack thirty strong, winging their way around the island. She nodded to Zeke, and they started the dance.
Kari found she could spread the flames over her rope without having it burn. The lasso glowed as she twirled it and she couldn't help but grin at the feeling of control.

"Well, that worked." Kari said, only now feeling the fear creep into her heart. "Whatever you've got planned Zeke, now's the moment."

((Sleepy will write what they actually do, doesn't change what happens next))

There was a furious screech from their enemies, and the deathborn tore straight for them.
Zephyr back flipped into a dive, plummeting towards the pillars and into them, Kari trailed the flaming rope begind her like a streamer. They pulled up and tore into the forest of stone, weaving in and out of the pillars. Kari clung tightly to her gryphon's back, letting him cleave their path. Suddenly the bottleneck of their trap shot past them. Zephyr headed towards the back of the trap, where the fighters who would help them close the deathborn in were waiting. Zephyr landed on a pillar, clinging to it like a squirrel to a tree, talons digging into the stone. When the first deathborn reached them he dropped on it, using balled fists to smash the rib cage to pieces and send the first stone plunging into the clouds. The skeleton crumbled, and then the fight was on.

Lioness075 Lioness075 SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy AncientBird AncientBird kase9187 kase9187 YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Naberius Naberius Elenion Aura Elenion Aura explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Aldaf moved into position at the choke point after thanking Kari. He'd help Matthias defend this area.

Aldaf watched as Kari and Zeke did their work, and saw their plot had worked. Deathborn were descending on the pair. Spica loosened up some scales and quills preemptively, and Aldaf summoned a wall of wind to create a wall of shrapnel in front of the choke point once Zeke and Kari had passed.

A Deathborn made it past, but was shot down by Aldaf rather quickly. More were starting to arrive.

"Here they come! Matthias, I hope you can handle this!" Aldaf shouted to Matthias, notching another arrow.

Naberius Naberius SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy SilverFlight SilverFlight Elenion Aura Elenion Aura explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Lioness075 Lioness075 YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro AncientBird AncientBird Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Atop Valkyrie's back, Serik went out side after Kari and Ezekiel. As the two departed to lure the deathborns, he started working on his illusion, planting false Serik left and right on the floating platforms scattering around in front of the narrow choke point. At least many of the deathborns will be distracted and occupied by his illusions that all of they wouldn’t try to rush in at the same time... Soon 6 false Serik stood like guardians right outside the passage.

Serik checked them one more time, then he looked forward into the darkness. Trails of flame that Kari and Ezekiel created could be seen. Then he heard the shriek and the thunderous fluttering of wings... They had arrived.

Serik gasped at the deathborn’s numbers as their horde began to get closer. He hurried Valkyrie back into the bottleneck, passing through Matthias and Aldaf who were waiting for them behind the narrow entrance. Serik and Valkyrie landed on another platform not so far from the two, prepared to fight. If any enemies could get pass Matthias and Aldaf, they would hopefully succumb to the giant, spear-liked beak waiting for them. Spica and Aldaf then created a wind barrier brewing right outside the entrance for another layer of obstracle, it was filled with the wyvern’s sharp quills.

Soon enough, the scary noise of the undead got closer and closer. Serik heard what seemed to be many of the deathborns that engaged false Serik. Others that didn’t notice or drawn to the illusions tried to get through the wind barrier and the bottleneck where they were cut and shot down by the team waiting for them.

Two smaller deathborns managed to get pass the obstracles and leaped over Matthias and Aldaf. However, Valkyrie grabbed one mid air and slammed it against the other one, crushing them both. Despite all the distractions, obstracles and traps, the deathborns kept coming through the passage, indicating how numerous they were. If the team was to be in the open space, they would had quickly been overwhelmed...

Featuring: SilverFlight SilverFlight SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy Saturn_moon Saturn_moon YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Elenion Aura Elenion Aura kase9187 kase9187 explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Lioness075 Lioness075 Naberius Naberius

Last edited:

355d6cb74c6b99325ff05b40618442b8.jpg
Caliban Lupei

The side-effects of the ritual hit him hard enough to almost send him to his knees. The intensity was as emotional as it was physical, draining his strength. His mind reeled, and suddenly he wasn't on that small island anymore, surrounded by the potential for painful death. He hovered above a room of some kind, looking down on what appeared to be some sort of sparring match between someone he didn't recognize and...A very familiar masked girl. He saw many of the others too, different angles and events like a series of painted images flashing into view in sequence. Fights. Friendships. The attire of the academy on each of them. There was too much to process, every time he tried to cling to a single memory, it slipped through his fingers like the sand of an hourglass. Towards the end, he could recall only two fragments with perfect clarity: The first, a feeling more than anything. Power yet untapped, a deep strength yet to be unleashed. Dormant, waiting. And the second, he remembered something that only raised more questions: Her face. He saw Katja for just the briefest moment, without her mask in its usual place. She was...smiling...at him.

And as suddenly as it had occurred, it was over. He was standing back where he had been only a second before, the flashes having seemingly taken up no time at all in reality. They were all bowled over suddenly, his mind was still spinning from the memories to really comprehend much of those few seconds, his eyes flashing over to Lea and Katja in turn, making sure they were okay. But he knew they had to move. The order was given, he grabbed his own pendant and followed the others to the cave.

Plans were made, an ambush would be set up and a distraction caused. Things were certainly never boring for their little group.

"Another fight? I suppose they haven't learned their lesson yet after failing twice. Third time's the charm though!"

His usual unwavering optimism was where it always was, and he twirled his spear in one hand. Having decided to stay behind in the cave, Cal took a place near the entrance. Once the first few enemies began to pour in, he quickly dispatched of the first to get close to his position, barely having had enough time to issue a growl of challenge in his direction. It was going to be another very long day.

SilverFlight SilverFlight SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy Saturn_moon Saturn_moon YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Elenion Aura Elenion Aura kase9187 kase9187 explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Lioness075 Lioness075 AncientBird AncientBird

Last edited:
The consensus was clear. Keshka would not be left behind. They would stay, destroy the deathborn threatening them, and continue on their journey to Westeros. Plans were made, positions picked, and a tactic to wipe them all out was formed. By all accounts it was a good tactic-- lure the deathborn into a chokepoint and let loose with sword, arrow, and magic. Gerel shouldn't complain, but as he mounted Jeff to get to his position near the top of a rock pillar he grumbled under his breath. Why? Because Kari was once again volunteering to put herself in the line of fire as bait with Ezekiel.

He wanted to go with Serik's suggestion. His illusions could work just as well as this... fire dance. But if he was honest with himself, there was one more reason why he was distraught with it all. No time to dwell on it. The deathborn were coming. With a nod to the rest, he flew up near the top of a rock pillar. There was an outcropping there that was wide enough to support him, and large enough to hide him from view. It was the perfect position for an archer like himself.

"Jeff, I'll stay here and rain death on those deathborn with my bow. You go down there and do what you can against the rest. Understood?"

The Kirin in all its unfathomable wisdom glanced at Kari, then back at him, before whinnying. "Oh quiet, you. Now go," Gerel snapped.

Jeff flew down, and Gerel readied his arrows. He was running low, and there wasn't enough time to craft some more. Briefly he remembered the vision of him wielding a dagger. Again, he tried to recall how the weapon felt in his hand, how his body moved like water, how he struck out with precision. But like sand the memories fell away. "I guess I have to make my shots count," Gerel muttered. "Worse comes to worst, I have my knife here."

Soon enough the deathborn came. Gerel aimed at the first one to come close, but as he lined his sights towards that purple orb Ezekiel and Kari began their distraction. It was--

Fiery.

Mesmerizing.

Captivating.

--too effective. Gerel let go of the arrow too early and shot slightly towards the right. The bad news was that he missed his initial target. The good news was that it hit the orb of another deathborn flying after Kari, and Aldaf's wall of shrapnel handled the rest. Gerel cursed himself for looking at the fire when he should be shooting down deathborn. If he kept messing up, he would never hear the end of it. With renewed focus, he nocked two arrows at once and shot down two deathborn who made it past Aldaf and was heading for Marylka. Down below, Jeff was gracefully dispatching the deathborn with horn, hoof, and wing, always taking the opportunity to find the most stylish angle possible.

SilverFlight SilverFlight SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy Saturn_moon Saturn_moon Naberius Naberius Elenion Aura Elenion Aura kase9187 kase9187 explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Lioness075 Lioness075 AncientBird AncientBird

Zeke was focused looking down to the soles of his feet, thinking of other ways to improve his plan, then another idea came into mind. Zeke dug to the deepest part of his bag. But before he could pull out the item in his mind, Aldaf stepped forward and Zeke looked up to meet his eyes. Aldaf was a little bit taller to Zeke, the way he craned his neck up was very unpleasant as he was so used to looking down on people. Aldaf being Aldaf, of course, wished Zeke to be safe and Zeke could only nod at this. At the moment, he was too focused on getting the task done.

Zeke nodded at Matthias' input and found it helpful, however, his first comment stuck onto him like thick mud. He made his people sound awfully cowardly and Zeke sensed a bit of hostility behind his voice. But that's irrelevant right now, it may be problematic in the future, but they have much greater danger ahead of them, and they needed to advance forward with their mission. The sooner he gets out of this tiny island, the sooner he can see his mother. Then, came in Serik with another vital information that would really help the group. It shocked Zeke as he certainly didn't expect it from the dimpled boy, however, his shock wasn't clearly shown as he kept a straight face. It was moments like these that fear and panic shouldn't overtake one's mind and body, but one member has yet to overtake this threshold, Katja. Zeke felt sympathy for her as she understood what she was going through, but once again, Zeke kept his face straight and focused on the mission.

Timing is the key here, there must be no room for flaws. He said to himself as he hopped back on top of Azurine's back with a stoic face. When Azurine looked back at his rider, he must've been contemptuous with the sight of Zeke sitting with his head held high in the dim light of night. This was the rider who has managed to tame him and he seemed to be proud of that fact. With them charging into battle in a few moments, Zeke found his mind to be solely focused on their mission. He does this all the time, when he needed a task to be done, he moves with accuracy and he needed that part of himself to make an appearance now more than ever.

Kari jumped onto her Gryphon and Zeke did the same thing. Zeke bid them farewell with a brief nod and then they were off. "Whatever you've got planned Zeke, now's the moment."

Kari then signalled Kari to light her Kevlar and she did so to Zeke’s delight. Zeke then moved his chains over at Kari’s flames and the ball of kevlar quickly got engulfed by the flames. “Follow me and your first lesson shall start.” He said in a calm voice that held nothing but pure calmness, but it must have been loud enough for her to hear him as she gave him a brief nod. “Always remember that fire dancing is a medium of art. Some fire mages I’ve met in the academy have been taught of this particular dance as it helps them channel their flames and have better control over them. So this should be easy for you to handle.” Zeke told the girl as he just let out a piece of vital information without him even noticing. He mentioned a part of his history that no one should know.

“Watch me first. My only tip is to relax your wrist, have good momentum and watch the magic happen.” Zeke was never the pun maker, but he saw the opportunity and he gladly took it without any hesitation. As Azurine and Kari’s Gryphon flew in a circle, Zeke maintained his balance and started off with a swift swing around his wrist. He skillfully swung his chains over his head and then moved to his side in a graceful manner. They needed no music as their heartbeats thumped loud enough to be their own drums. Now that they were in the darkness, the flames must be enough to catch anyone's attention. When Kari did the same thing and saw her wrist tense, Zeke had to interfere. Even though Kari's movements were fluidly following Zeke's, he will not allow his own fellow colleague to embarrass themselves. “Your wrist is too tense. Let them relax.” As their movement continues, their Skybeasts seem to dance along with them as their wingbeats flapped along the way they swung their flames, moving completely in-sync.

[Zeke and Kari’s fire dance should look like this since they’re straddling their beasts, they will just use their hands, as portrayed in this video. But imagine them just using one poi.]

When Zeke heard a loud screech, it was their cue to stop their mini dance and actually give them a chase. Azurine flew in a zig-zag pattern, weaving around the stone pillars with accuracy. As he did, Zeke soon saw a couple of deathborns being drawn towards one of Serik’s illusions and it could only mean that they are close to the narrow entrance. As the pair flew past Matthias and Aldaf, he could’ve sworn him and Aldaf made brief eye contact.

Marylka jumped slightly when Ord placed his hand on her shoulder. She hadn't expected such an earnest endorsement from him and it left her feeling a little... Embarrassed? Self-conscious? Shy? Whatever it was, the feelings were fleeting and quickly dissipated, nothing more than a glitch in the system. Once they had a solid plan that everyone was more or less agreeable with, the group left the cave to take their respective positions.

Scanning the outcrop from the exit, Marylka found a small pool by the edge that would put her close enough to the cave to maintain the fog surrounding it as well as give her easy access to a water source. Magic would be her best bet at staying alive and hopefully avoid any major injuries. Neither her kindjal nor her slingshot were going to suffice in the fight they were about to face and no matter how her sparring sessions earlier had gone, a battle against a horde of evil skeletal monsters was probably not the best time to test out her newly discovered combat skills. Unconsciously, her hand moved to the scar on her side. She had almost forgotten about it, forgotten that it was only yesterday that she had been stabbed by one of these creatures. The memory sent a shiver down her spine. Not again.

Steering Archie towards the pool, she passed by Serik who was busy conjuring illusions to distract the deathborns and furrowed her brows with concern. She knew he was weaponless and his magic was still very new meaning there was no way to tell how long he would be able to keep the illusions up. All he had was Valkyrie and from what she had heard, the stork drake was... unpredictable to put it lightly. After careful consideration, she removed her prized kindjal. "Take this." She said, tossing the dagger over to him. "You need it more than I do right now."

As she dismounted from Archie and took her place, two trails of fire suddenly lit up the night sky above, swirling against the darkness in tandem with each other like synchronized dancing dragons. Kari and Ezekiel's performance had her transfixed until she heard the screeches, loud, cruel and piercing. The deathborns had arrived. She slapped her hands to the ground and frost started to creep its way from her fingertips across the dirt until the entire area in front of the cave was one huge icy sheet. The first of the deathborns landed and immediately slipped, skidding haphazardly in all directions as they tried to regain their footing. She had been so focused on her task that she didn't notice the two deathborns headed towards her until she heard their pained cries as two arrows struck them straight in the purple orbs at their center. Looking up, she saw Gerel on top of a pillar. She threw him an affirming thumbs up before turning back to the deathborns in front. Archie stood by her side at the ready, eyes glaring at the horde with laser focus.

Lioness075 Lioness075 SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy AncientBird AncientBird kase9187 kase9187 YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Naberius Naberius Elenion Aura Elenion Aura explosiveKitten explosiveKitten SilverFlight SilverFlight

Last edited:
ea396fdfafce2773b7b04da89c4fcb95.jpg
Kari

Kari did her best to follow Zeke's direction, but to her astonishment she found her muscles moving as if they knew what to do. The fiery rope twisted around her and her skybeast as she pulled it this way and that. It was certainly noticeable.
Now, her friends had sprung the trap and were bearing down upon the deathborn with a fierce vengeance. Kari used her flaming lasso to catch the wing of a creature and with a swift twist of his body, zephyr made sure it was wrenched away, sending the deathborn spiraling into the abyss.
Kari caught sight of Gerel on the cliffs, bow in hand, and raced straight past the noses of several more, forcing them to give chase. She lead them down and around, bringing them in line for Gerel's arrow fire.

The battle was almost completely one-sided, the deathborn seemed confused and uncoordinated, and let themselves be picked off instead of regrouping. The trap had worked perfectly.
Ord was standing on the top of a pillar, raising great stone spikes to impale any deathborn that got close. Pasha flew defense around him, keeping well clear, and using his great wings and tail to smash his foes with much amusement.

It wasn't too long before the deathborn gathered themselves however, and pockets of them banded together, trying to separate the team, divide and conquer. Ord was quickly having to deal with too many, swirling around his pillar and suddenly, Pasha was being driven back, barking and growling in alarm as his rider was forced to fight alone.

A deathborn tried to snatch Kari's rope, but Zephyr folded his wings and they dove, dragging the unfortunate creature with them, only to pull up suddenly and snap the beast's bony-taloned limbs clean off. She caught another who had found Marylka and was making a beeline for her. Kari dove, Zephyr catching the creature by its wings. He landed just by the pool, crushing its chest against the ground. Kari saluted Marylka with a cocky grin.

Lioness075 Lioness075 SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy AncientBird AncientBird kase9187 kase9187 YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Naberius Naberius Elenion Aura Elenion Aura explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

The deathborns kept rushing at the narrow point. Many were taken down by the quill filled wind barrier, but plenty still managed to slip through, despite being heavily damaged by the quills. One deathborn remained only body and wings, yet still trying to poke its face through the choke point, just for it to be cut down by the youths waiting for them.

Serik and Valkyrie were still standing on the platform right behind the choke point. The deathborns began to get through the narrow entrance more frequently and many started to try squeezing themselves through other smaller spaces between pillars. Serik looked at them with concern... What if they managed to find another way in? What could he possibly do more than just directing Valkyrie? Serik put his hand over to Marylka's kindjal that was hanging by his waist which was given to him earlier when Serik was outside planting his illusions. The young man was surprised that Marylka decided to lend him this dagger that seemed like an important item for her... However, her action made sense. Serik could barely do anything if any deathborns managed to reach him, lacking weapons and any other mean of defense aside of the stork drake. Even though it wasn't a sword, this dagger was larger than his pocket knife and a well aim jab could potentially destroy the life orb that gave the deathborns power. Nonetheless, Serik was grateful for the girl's generosity and vowed to take a good care of the kindjal until he could return it...

Suddenly, Serik could spot one of his illusion fading away. The deathborns that were swarming over it flew off and regrouped with the ones at the choke point. His other illusions probably reached their expiration as well, that's why the number of the deathborns coming at them had increased significantly. Serik couldn't get out and plant some more... He had to do something else.

An idea came up... He could just 'plug' the space deemed possible for the enemies to squeeze themselves in. With the glow of his palms, false floating rocks of smaller size started to form up and filled the space between actual pillars. This would hopefully blocked the deathborn's sense and fooled them into thinking that the space was blocked and impassable. With every illusion he created, Serik felt his power drained away. He never created so many illusions like this before... Serik could feel the deathborns' concentration began to shift to the narrow entrance again. Then it's time to get them to occupy with something else other than to get in...

Serik looked at the wind barrier outside and focused. Sweat formed on his forehead and cheeks and his palmed glowed brightly like never before. In that moment, a stork drake formed up right in the middle of the wind barrier. False Valkyrie, same size, same shape... Hovering in place, its wing spread, slowly but constantly flapped. The deathborns that were swarming the entrance, turned their attention and quickly rushed toward the illusion. However, just as they reached the false stork drake, all they got in their claws were other of its comrades, fooling into flying at the illusion as well. The deathborns crashed, some even managed to destroy each other's life orb. Those that survived the crash were drawn into staying in the wind barrier longer, exposing themselves to get taken out by either Spica's quills or Gerel’s and Aldaf's arrows.

Serik didn't get to admire his work for long as he fell on his back, falling flat against the stork drake's back. Not getting used to so much magic used, Serik had run out of his strength. He panted heavily and felt his limps numb. Valkyrie made a startling shrill as she could feel her rider's condition. "I... I... am alright, Valkyrie... I just... need to rest..." Serik spoke slowly.

Last edited:
There everyone goes again, risking their lives for the people who can’t defend themselves. Lucky me.

Katja thought bitterly to herself, hugging her legs close to her chest as she listened to the battling outside. How useless could she be? Couldn’t even drag rocks back and forth across a field without breathing hard. She was pretty clearly beating herself up while the sounds of battle reminded her repeatedly that she was useless for this situation.

She glanced towards Keshka and, after a moment of steeling herself, she started to scuttle towards Keshka, pulling her healing supplies from her bag, and starting to prepare something for Keshka while Barran dealt with any little deathborn birds that managed to scrabble in.

“This should help you get your energy and strength back...” She said to Keshka, pouring some water over the crushed herbs in the mortar that Kari had given her, then indicates for the woman to drink this new potion.

SilverFlight SilverFlight SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy Saturn_moon Saturn_moon YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Elenion Aura Elenion Aura kase9187 kase9187 AncientBird AncientBird Lioness075 Lioness075 Naberius Naberius

Matthias
The Deathborn horde broke against their defenses like water on rock. Soon they were routed, and Matthias, sweat beading his brow, sword in hand, risked a glance around. The others were performing honorably. Even those who could not fight, like Katja... Matthias knew she was doing her utmost to assist Keshka's recovery in the caves. Matthias thought, despite their success, the group could certainly use her abilities now... A chill ran down Matthias' spine, however, when he perceived a change in the Deathborn. They began to behave differently, as though... Well, Matthias could not hazard a guess as to what truly drove these creatures. All he knew was that now they were rallying, their movements different, more intentional, more unified. And at the same time, the group's own advantage was diminishing. They no longer had the element of surprise. It was all out battle, now. And they were spread too thin, a handful here, a pocket there. Soon enough the Deathborn would surround and snuff out each of them one by one.

Matthias had to act. But first he had to decide what he had to do, who needed him most? He barely dodged a Deathborn's claws, Volos dipping to avoid it snatching for his rider's head. He whipped around to follow it with his gaze and caught sight of Ord. Pasha was battling to get back to him, but it was a futile effort. The Deathborn cloud was heavy around him, so much so that Matthias had a hard time seeing him at all beneath the flurry of wings. Matthias drove Volos forward, but the great bear was already moving. The two of them picked up speed. Matthias readied himself, spear in one hand, sword in the other. Then they collided with the nearest Deathborn. Volos dispatched it with a single snap of his jaws. The pair waded into the sky of monsters, a flurry of steel and claw.

Aldaf saw the Deathborn breaking through his wall, and urged himself forward. His veins were exposed and his body was shaking. A deathborn managed to break through, rushing him. He held up his arm to defend and the beast bit into it. Hard.

Spica felt her rider's pain and swished her tail, smashing the deathborn off of Aldaf. He hastily bandaged his arm and continued to hold the wall up.

"I... Can't... hold it... for long!"
Aldaf struggled to speak through his gritted concentration and the pain wracking his thoughts.
"Whatever you're doing... do it now!!"

Elenion Aura Elenion Aura SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy SilverFlight SilverFlight explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Saturn_moon Saturn_moon Naberius Naberius YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro Lioness075 Lioness075 AncientBird AncientBird

For awhile, it seemed like they were holding up quite well against the deathborns as the first of the horde was swiftly fought off with little effort, but as the battle wore on and their bodies started to tire, the tides shifted and they soon found themselves overwhelmed as more of the creatures broke through their defenses. Archie lept to the sky taking down the deathborns one after another, using his talons and beak to tear the creatures apart like soft bread before dropping their orbs into the abyss below.

Marylka stood on the far end of the pool, forcing the creatures to skim across the water to get to her. As they did, she threw up jets of high-pressured water strong enough to send the deathborns crashing into the cliff wall. Unfortunately, the doubling of magic was fast draining her energy and she noticed the surrounding fog start to thin out. Thinking of Keshka and Katja in the cave she realised she couldn't let the deathborns get to them or all their efforts would be for naught. This was enough to strengthen her resolve and she poured all her focus back into ensuring that the cave was well hidden.

However, in doing so she hadn't been able to stop the deathborn charging towards her in time. Squeezing her eyes shut, she braced herself for the impact and the pain... but neither ever came. She opened her eyes and found Kari grinning at her from Zephyr's back, a shattered purple orb under it's front foot. Marylka breathed a sigh of relief and returned the smile. "You have no idea how happy I am to see you right now."

SilverFlight SilverFlight YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro AncientBird AncientBird explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Naberius Naberius Lioness075 Lioness075 SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy kase9187 kase9187

Last edited:
Tactics won fights, and the element of surprise played a huge role in tipping the scales in combat. However the deathborn slowly but surely got over the initial shock. They were beginning to coordinate their efforts, swarming teammates who were separated from the rest. Gerel saw several of them descend upon Ord, with Matthias quickly chasing them. Aldaf was holding that wall of wind against the bulk of the deathborn, but he was clearly buckling under the strain. And there, flying towards him, Kari led a cloud of deathborn on a merry chase.

Right as she passed by his nest, Gerel aimed at the deathborn closest to Zephyr's tail. One arrow wouldn't be enough to shake them off though, and he was down to five arrows. Cursing himself, he still readied the arrow, pulling it as far as he could to his cheek. But then the whispers came, Ventra (or something else) imparting lost wisdom into him. In his mind, he visualized an arrow. Oakwood shaft, eagle feather fletchings, and stone arrowhead gleaming in the sun. Then he created another, and another, multiplying them until they filled his vision. The rest of the spell came easily. He loosed the arrow, and tens of others flew along with it. Each were crafted from Ventra's winds. Each of them hit the swarm of deathborn chasing after Kari, each hitting the orbs powering their fell forms, and some even flying further and striking the deathborn before Aldaf's wall. Each of them crumbled to dust, and--

Thump.

'What...?'

Before he fainted, Gerel remembered how Marylka nearly collapsed when she commanded a great quantity of water in their first fight with the stonewargs. He fell face first off the nest and hurtled towards the clouds below. With a triumphant neighing, Jeff caught his master on his back and made for Katja, with Talon in tow. He somehow knew that this human healed other humans, but he didn't realize that he was leading several deathborn to her as well.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Saturn_moon Saturn_moon AncientBird AncientBird explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Naberius Naberius Lioness075 Lioness075 SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy kase9187 kase9187

Last edited:
Aldaf's wall was starting to falter. He had an idea, to thin out everything.

"Spica... Quills..."
He wheezed, and Spica threw in more shrapnel. Aldaf shifted his magic, exploding the wall outward to hit as many incoming deathborn as he could.

A deathborn managed to get through and rammed Aldaf, hitting his chest. Something cracked, Aldaf could hear it. The force of it sent him flying off of Spica just in time for his rope to snag and keep him secure. The beast bit at him, but Aldaf managed to hold the thing back.

After what felt like too long, Aldaf managed to grab his dagger from its sheath and stab the core of the deathborn. Blood dripped from his mouth and seeped through his rudimentary arm bandage, but he managed to get back onto Spica's saddle.

Only a few deathborn remained, but Aldaf didn't know if he had the energy to fight.

SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro AncientBird AncientBird Lioness075 Lioness075 explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Elenion Aura Elenion Aura Saturn_moon Saturn_moon

Despite what he had done, Serik could hear Aldaf's distressed cry as he struggled against the force of deathborns that poured into the choke point. His concern had turned real it seemed... His illusions barely held them off anymore and all the power he spent... Was in vain...

"Help... Them... Valkyrie... Help... Them..." He spoke with difficulty, trying to order his skybeast. Valkyrie on the other hand had become panic from all the threat around her. The overwhelming number of deathborns was just beyond her courage to bear. The stork drake started screeching and flapping... Like a bird trapped in cage, she had no way to flee from this place. The only way out was in the front... Where the deathborns were swarming in mass.

Suddenly, a deathborn rushed through Aldaf and Spica and headed straight toward Valkyrie, it's talons ready to grasp. Valkyrie dodged the fiend but in the processed, made Serik fell from her back. Serik landed on a platform, groaning in pain. The deathborn gained its balance back and launched itself at Serik. Valkyrie acted immediately, grasping the undead by one of its wing and hurled it against a pillar, blasting it to pieces. She then landed to check on her rider.

The impact made Serik groaned with great pain, he could feel blood on his head, yet he couldn't even move his hand to check his wound... His mind began to fade away. "Help them..." He repeated his order to Valkyrie. "Fight with them... For me..." Serik spoke his word and drifted away... Falling unconscious.

Valkyrie tried to push Serik to make him get up, but she got no reaction from him. Valkyrie could still feel his heart beating, knowing that Serik was still alive... His last word before passing out... Telling her to fight with his friend. Valkyrie looked up to Aldaf and Spica holding off the deathborns. She looked back at Serik and gently lifted him up and put the young man on her back.

Just at the moment, Aldaf blasted the pillar around them with his wind power and Spica's quills. The flying rocks and stones exploded outward and took down lots of deathborns, as well as fleeing them from their own imprisonment. However, they were out in the open, and although many deathborns were destroyed by the explosion, the rest still outnumbered them. Aldaf managed to take down a few more but he was injured in the process...

Just as the fiends closed in for him and Spica, loud shriek echoed in the air and Valkyrie charge in, with Serik lying atop her back. Her beak impaled a deathborn and then hurled it against another one. Valkyrie hovered next to Spica and made another loud screech, preparing for the last stand... Although she still held no friendship with anyone else, she decided to at least honor her rider's command...

Last edited:
Leandra LaFrae.jpg
Name: Leandra LaFraeNicknames: Lea, Firefly
Clan: SudentaClan Job: Huntress
Equipment: Knapsack, Medicinal Pouch, Bow, Quiver (0/10), Twin Daggers
Momo.jpg
Falarion.jpeg
As the group left the cave to set up their ambush, Leandra hesitated to follow. She checked her quiver and saw she only had three arrows left. She was well-versed in defending herself up close and personal as was needed, but these Deathborn were deadly if she let any of them get close to her. She needed to rely on her few arrows and be strategic with her approach to the upcoming fight.
Noticing Caliban had stayed back in the cave as well, Leandra was about to wish him luck before she heard the clashing and beginning of a fight outside. She grimaced at this and dashed past Caliban, keeping low as she exited the cave. Using Marylka's fog to her advantage, Leandra slipped behind a boulder near the cave entrance and nocked an arrow.
Beside her, Falarion was keeping low to the ground as well and unfurled his wings, preparing for a swift take-off as may be needed.

Leandra did not take any chances to watch the fight unfolding, as she focused on watching the sky above for any approaching dangers.
Soon enough, she heard wingbeats approaching and saw Jeff flying in swiftly with Gerel on his back. Best she could tell, Gerel was unconscious or injured to some degree.
Taking a deep breath, Leandra took aim at the Deathborn group following Jeff and began letting her three arrows fly in quick succession. Her aim was true and three Deathborn went down while a number of the others kept coming.
Grim-faced, Leandra put her bow over her shoulder and quickly climbed onto Falarion's back while she unsheathed her daggers. She had no choice. It was time to get up close and personal.
Leaping forward onto the boulder and then into the air, Falarion quickly picked up speed and flew right past Jeff just as one of the Deathborn began to lunge. The clash of bones against Falarion jarred Leandra and she gasped as he roared and began biting at the purple orb within the monster's chest cavity. The Deathborn pecked at Falarion's face and Leandra swiftly lunged forward to yank the monster's head forward and into one of her daggers. It would not stop the beast, but it would delay the attacks.
With a yell, Leandra stabbed at the Deathborn's face once more just as Falarion bit through the orb. The monster fell from them, dissolving into ash, and then another collided into Falarion's side, knocking him down a meter. He recovered just as a second one hit him in the other side.
Muttering a curse, Leandra fought to stab one's orb while Falarion struggled to keep the other at bay. Just as she stabbed its orb, Leandra felt a stinging pain in her cheek and realized she had cut herself on the monster's jagged bones.
Turning to face the second assailant, Leandra screamed her fury and jumped off Falarion's back, straddling the monster in turn. It fell away from Falarion and began haphazardly weaving about the battlefield with Leandra leaning to one side and desperately trying to stab at its orb.

Falarion roared when the monster flew away with Leandra, but was soon knocked down to the ground by two more Deathborn. He quickly recovered and folded his wings against his back as the two began to circle him. He tensed and then lunged, batting one down with his large paw. He bit through the orb just as the second one lunged forward and bit at Falarion's hindquarters. He roared in pain, as blood began to seep from his new wound.
Naberius Naberius SilverFlight SilverFlight SleepyCreamy SleepyCreamy Elenion Aura Elenion Aura AncientBird AncientBird kase9187 kase9187 explosiveKitten explosiveKitten Saturn_moon Saturn_moon YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro

Keshka watched the Northarian girl, watched her expressions and watched her come to some sort of conclusion and make the potion. She took the stone bowl carefully and wrinkled her nose at the smell, but drank anyway.
"You're a good healer," she said at length, handing the bowl back. "I can imagine, with all your friends have been through, that half of them would already be dead without your skills." And then she gave Katja a pointed look. "...Don't tell Ord I said something nice. He won't let me hear the end of it."
Storm stood not far off from Barran, and the moment a deathborn came sniffing too close she would swipe at it, making a game of sending it flying over to the owl, maimed in some way, so it took time for the creature to recover, time in which Barran could kill it.

Pasha followed in close behind Volos, eager to get back to his rider. The deathborn withdrew, trying to regroup, some falling under sword, spear or claw, their bodies tumbling limply to the clouds below.
Ord was on one knee, a wound dangerously-close to his heart seeping blood, the broken end of a bony talon still lodged between his ribs. He was breathing heavily and looked to be in a lot of pain, but he held his sword still, and used it with a firm grip. He looked more than relieved to see Matthias.
With one fluid motion he broke pieces from the rock on which he stood, with another, he chipped them into pointed darts, pieces of stone falling away, seemingly cut by invisible hands. Ord stamped one foot and sent the darts flying out, cutting through the deathborn like paper. More spikes jutted from the pillar below him, remnants of past magics, bones of defeated deathborn decorating them.
"Shouldn't be favouring me...over your team...I...might start to think...I'm special." He tried to smile, though it turned out more of a grimace and he dropped the sword as his hand went to his wound and he sank back down to one knee.

Kari gave Marylka a wink and swung herself off Zephyr's back, losing her whip from its holder on her belt.
"Looked like you could use the back up!" She all but laughed. The adrenaline was making her giddy.
Kari watched the battle as best she could while fighting, but Gerel wasn't in the place where she had last seen him. Then she spotted Jeff, and the unconscious figure he carried and Kari's heart froze. Leandra was already moving.
"Gerel's down!" She called, "I'm going with Leandra to get those deathborn, take care of him!" And she was back in the saddle and away.
Leandra's arrows took care of the first few, while the others balked, diverted from their chase.
Kari shot past Jeff, twirling the whip. It struck a deathborn, the crack of the motion echoing through the pillars, and its rib cage exploded, tipping the orb into the abyss. A second creature streaked past, swiping at Zephyr's underbelly but catching only feathers. The third came in higher, and hit Kari full on. Talons closed about her arms and she was lifted bodily out of the saddle. Carried up and at the mercy of the deathborn. It tried to bite her in midair but overbalanced and nearly sent them both plummeting. Its wings laboured under the extra weight. Kari looked down, saw Zephyr pivoting, circling up. She had to time this just right...Now!
Kari plunged her hand into the creature's chest, grabbing the orb and ripping it away. She felt the bones go limp, felt gravity drag at her. She was falling...and then, Zephyr was falling with her, she angled herself leveling with his back and once she was back in the saddle he pulled up.
They landed back by the pool just as the last creature that had been harrying Jeff attacked Falarion. Kari's arms stung where the talons had cut them, she tried to use her whip but couldn't aim it and the strike went wide. Before she could even blink, Zephyr was upon it, screaming and ripping bones away, snapping them in his strong beak, venting his pent-up, likely anxiety-induced rage for being attacked for the third time in as many days.
Kari blinked and let out a breath. "Me too buddy...me too."
With the deathborn nearby dealt with, Kari rushed over to Jeff, helping pull Gerel off the kirin's back.
She checked his breathing and wanted to cry with relief.
"We should get him into the cave." She told Marylka.
"I can cover you."

With their efforts and the well-laid trap, the deathborn numbers dwindled eventually. Soon there were only a handful left, and all of them had sustained some damage, but they would attack until they were killed, such was the nature of the undead creatures.
Soon, there were none left at all.
Kari felt like she wanted to collapse. They had won...again, and this time, there wouldn't bee another horde. She sank down into the grass and just sat for a moment, breathing.

Last edited:
Zeke watched as Kari departed herself from Zeke and helped Marylka out. Zeke stared at the chaos from above. This was not what he had planned in his mind, but when he saw everyone's combined efforts to keep everyone safe, that was the moment he knew he should do the same thing.
It may not be perfect, but it'll do. That was his mindset as Zeke flew his chains around a deathborn's skeletal neck and tugging his chains with great force. Once the deathborn was near enough, Azurine latched his lethal fangs onto the very thing Zeke presumed to be giving it life. Zeke would've loved to bring a full clean orb back to his home to inspect it if it wasn't for the fact that he's still doubting the trouble it could bring. Azurine dove down as Zeke wrangled up as many deathborns as he could, to have Azurine's sharp claws and teeth sink the creatures into their own demise. By the time he was done, there were only a few deathborns left.

A few deathborns tried to get a hold of Zeke but Azurine was furious at the thought of his rider getting hurt, so in a moment of pure rage that Zeke didn't expect, Azurine's speed increased as he crushed the deathborn's orb with his bare claws. All Zeke did was clutch onto is saddle for dear life as he himself was surprised with this sudden burst. He could've easily fallen off his back if it weren't for Zeke's iron-clad grip onto the saddle. Once the deathborns were gone, Azurine has finally calmed down and Zeke could only pet the side of his neck as 'thanks'.
After a few deathborns were completely gone and they've stated their victory, Zeke saw an alone, unmoving Kari, laying there on the grass and Zeke panicked for a split second but covered it up with his usual cold facade. He was literally screaming in his mind and was thinking about a few words that could describe their actions. He would certainly have a fit after they're all healed. "These bloody idiots just can't help themselves, can't they?" He muttered as he instructed Azurine to go over to Kari who Zeke presumed to need some help getting herself over to Katja, their poor healer.

"Oi! Get yourself up before I drag you over to Owl-Mask." Zeke's not going to drag her there anyway, but he had to check first. Zeke may not look like it, but he has always been a gentleman at heart when it comes to treating women... Well, not the women he would date back then, but the women who he would be acquainted with.

SilverFlight SilverFlight Naberius Naberius Saturn_moon Saturn_moon YumenoTsukishiro YumenoTsukishiro explosiveKitten explosiveKitten kase9187 kase9187 Elenion Aura Elenion Aura AncientBird AncientBird Lioness075 Lioness075

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back