• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
“Thank you very much,mama!”

Ruri spoke,embracing Rachelle warmly. Xenon noticed Amelia gently laying the crate (presumably what Scientia had found) in front of one of the stalls in the marketplace. The stall owner himself was smiling bright towards her. He could not hear what he was saying from the distance combined with the noises from the bustling crowd,but him bowing in appreciation towards Amelia.

“Come to think of it,I've forgotten about how nice the people here are in comparison to most other places I've been to.”

"Aww..." Rachelle gives Ruri a gentle headpat until she saw Amelia doing the deed. "I see they've already done the work." She said.​

"Goblins? I heard about those." Rachelle said "Do you think they are starting to advance? I've heard that they are growing in numbers and adapting well recently. Do you think we might find...you know...captives?"

“...Highly likely.” Xenon admitted. “We can't just set out now either however. They'll be a little more relaxed when it's evening,which in this case it's still noon.”

“No,if we go confront them during night,they'll be just as alert as during day time.” Xenon explained. “I tried just that once and it's only gotten even more harder for me to take them down. I was lucky the fabled "Goblin Slayer" happened to decide to investigate the goblin hideout I was at. Still....”

Xenon pondered as his chin rested between his forefinger and thumb,recalling the location of the quest.

“"Mountain ranges near the village of Hondor"....that's where the hideout is stated to be at according to the report. If that's that case then...”

"I see..." Rachelle said "Well in any case, we might as well prepare for the worse."

“Yeah.” Xenon agreed. “I think we had it easy now that we have Scientia with us. He could go check the perimeter to help us get ready for whatever they have to throw at us.”

---------------------------
“I'm there now. Are there any further details regarding the visualisation of the goblin's hideout?”

Scientia asked,flying towards the the mountains after passing by the Village of Hondor up in the air. The rest of the group (bar Cheng,who seemed to be still with his teacher) were current;y in a Leville Hotel room,overhearing the communication established between Xenon and the token-bot teammate. The former had laid out a map of the area around Hondor,pinpointing the latter's position on the map. Cheng has yet to inspecting the inner works of Scientia and install a software that allows the rest of the party to see what the robot was seeing,thus they'll have to make do with the description.

latest
(Unfortunately the reception area in the base game isn't as spectacular as what is shown in the concept art)

“How far are you from the crater visible at the mountains?”

“15 minutes far.”

“Alright,you're gonna wanna stop by the edge of the crater,assuming you're on the left side of Hondor.”

“I am.”

“And then go to the right side,and over the saddle of one of the mountains there you should be able to find what looks like a cave,presumably where the goblins are in.”

“Understood. i'm nearing the destination now and-...hmm?”

Scientia stopped the moment he flew over the saddle of quietly looked at the sight that laid in front of him below. The dead silence was understandably starting to worry Xenon.

“Scientia? What happened?”

“...Someone's beaten us to it.”

The robot responded,landing softly onto the ground near the cave. Two hobgoblins standing guard had been taken down,and a short scan into the cave suggests that goblin blood had been spilled recently.

“This doesn't look like the work of one person either.”

“What would Eden gain from slaying goblins though? Unless there's-”

He was cut off by the sound of a vehicle exploding at Sccientia's end,alarming everyone in the room.

“Scientia!”

“I'm alright.”

He quickly responded. On his end he was now holding his green-bladed sword which had rotated into its gun mode,pointing at the wreckages of an airship that was originally not present when he arrived. There were no survivors left.

“Seems they have an optical camouflaged airship that nearly gunned me down at the spot.”

Xenon's expression darkened upon hearing it. There was really only one culprit who would do this.

“...You think they might have notified the other of your presence now?”

“Very likely. I'm going to initiate the communications distruptor now in case there are soldiers from Eden inside the cave who will attempt to contact for reinforcement. You're going to have to arrive in person for us to speak since it also affects your devices.”

“Wait-!”

The device started buzzing audio feedback before Xenon could say anything.

"Eden's there? What are they doing? They playing hero or something?" Ryutaro asked.​

“It couldn't have been something similar to my situation with finding the Artic Rose...could it?” Xenon wondered outloud before hearing the Artic Knight speak to him.

They must be searching for an Elementia Core to power their weaponry. It is something akin to the elemental core thy generation generates through synthesis of magic,but far more powerful. It is also a material to enhance the Artic Rose's capabilities,but now I worry more about what the empire could do with the utility of something as potentially destructive as it.

Then I guess we have no other choices then don't we...?

“We need to get there. Now.”

"We gonna fight both Eden and goblins? Oh hell yeah." Ryutaro expresses his excitement "I wonder if we're also gonna save some babes? Heard that those green fucks been roughing them up."

--------------------------
The airship soon arrived and landed few meters in front of the cave. The group was able to see the two dead hobgoblins Scientia had found while also seeing the airship Scientia had blew up. On the side of the cave of a scratch caved by blade. Presumably used as a marker.

“Looks like Scientia's already headed in himself.”

"Alright, but just to make sure..." Ryutaro turns to all of the females in the group and say "You girls better be careful in facing those green monsters. If they see and catch you..." He shudders for a moment before uncomfortably saying "Let's just say you'll end up something worst than death."

Ruri understandably shuddered in fear and hid behind Xenon,peeking at the entrance of the cave with a frightened look.

“Not like I'm gonna let Ruri enter a cave and indirectly remind her of the incident from when I first met her.”

“I'll stay behind and keep an eye out of her then.” Clair offered. “I think you guys are more than enough to handle whatever the cave has to throw at you.”

“N-no,it's okay. I'll come along too.” Ruri debated,not wanting to be left out.

Last edited:
"Ruri, I would highly suggest you stay. I know you don't want to be left out, but please understand that those goblins are very, VERY, brutal people and pleading for mercy ain't gonna spare you. Sorry, leave this one to the adults." Ryutaro said.​

“Okay...” Ruri reluctantly accepted,hanging her head low. She felt Xenon pet head gently with a smile.

“Don't worry,we'll be back before you know it.”

He soon looked over at Clair.

“Take care of her,okay? I'm never gonna forgive you if she gets hurt.”

“I will. Just make sure you come back out in one piece with everyone else.”

Nodding,Xenon and the rest turned towards the cave,entering to brace themselves for the incoming fight.

“Oh and,tell my cousin I'm gonna kick his sorry butt later for dashing in alone head-on!”

They go into the cave and the darkness becomes more and more dense as they go further. "Damn, it's so dark in here. Does anyone have a light?" Ryutaro asked and sadly, nobody has at least a lighter with them. Going a bit further, their surroundings have become noticeably creepy, most especially that amount of skulls and bones piled on each section. On one side, there is a skeleton in full armor sitting on one of the piles, holding what appears to be an old model rifle. "Man, check that out. This cave's been well owned for many years." Ryutaro said.​

“I'm guessing this place has some historical significance we aren't aware of.” Xenon suggested as he looked at the still-armoured skeleton. Despite the age of the rifle,the armour itself seems....pretty advanced for an old age armament. Despite the lack of lighter on them (Xenon's heat-saber was unintentionally broken by Clair during the "Dragon Pacification"),Scientia had clearly left some pretty visible markings on the wall,ground,pretty much anywhere that he could scratch on to show the directions he had took.

Although funnily enough,one of the things he had carved on the wall apparently read "Why the **** are there giant spiders in this world!?" (yes,complete with the censored profanity),followed by the sight of some barely recognisable bits of several spiders' body having been blasted into pieces. Judging by the number of burns visible on the walls of the cave,whatever Scientia had seen seemed to have caused him to start shooting like some crazed gunman.

"Man, that mech head went crazy in here. Spiders? Unless they're big spiders, that should be a problem." Ryutaro said.​

“He did scribble that they're giant spiders. So I'm guessing it is what got him riled up.”

“On the bright side,if it stems from his fear of the four legged crawlies,it would seem he and I have something to relate.” Cheng commented as the group pressed on. They started to hear some barely audible sound of a battle going on,along with the familiar sound of Scientia's ranged weaponry firing its beam projectile rounds.

“We must be near,let hurry!”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back