• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Timing: Early September
Interaction: Harian & Gabriel

Gabriel smiled even wider at her glare, and when she turned over to kiss him, he pulled her closer, against his chest. Her trailing hand sent chills down his spin, and he locked his arms around her, just enjoying the moment, his hands resting at the small of her back. Her lips against him were like white hot fire, and absolute zero at the same time. A paradoxical joy that shouldn't be possible in this or any other reality.
"M'lady, is there any particular reason why your hand has found itself wandering across my body so freely?"
He kissed her hard, a deep burning flame of passion alight in his eyes, tinted with something a little more mischievous.
"Don't go practicing self-restraint on my account." In typical Gabriel fashion, it was a joking tease, sprinkled with just a dash of playfulness.
"Even the gods couldn't change who I am. Nothing in the world will change me now, not when I've found the only person I'd gladly spend my entire life with." The look changed from playful mischief to that special smile he so often used only for her, letting her see clearly just how maddeningly in love he was.

Her Disneyland comment was something altogether shocking, though when he thought about it, it made sense. She had never had any time to relax in her time here on earth, never allowed to roam free and enjoy the little things that make it more bearable. He flashed through several emotions at once. Surprise, sadness, joy. Then he got that same excited look he had when he got to introduce her to popcorn.
"Well, normally, it's absolute hell for anyone with kids. Adults don't tend to go by themselves usually since it's seen as more of a family thing. It's also absurdly expensive. Buuuuuttttt when you sneak in like we're going to, it's a magical wonderland of free entertainment and rollercoasters. Plus, I swiped that CEOs credit card too, so free funnel cake."

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Last edited:

Harian was taken aback by the intensity with which he returned her advances. It made her laugh, giddy with the emotions he brought. She gave up trying to sit and lay against him instead.
"You can stop me whenever you like." She murmured close to his ear, fairly sure that he wouldn't. He smiled at her then, in that way he did, and her essence began to twist itself into knots inside her.
She listened to his explanation about Disneyland, not really wanting to tell him that both funnel cake and roller coasters were also on the list of things she did not know. She reasoned that she would find out soon enough.
"Well, that sounds like a good time." She fed her own excitement with that look on his face.
"Lead on then." She said it, but made no move to lift herself from where she lay, half overtop of him. She began to trace the muscles on his chest through his shirt with a gentle finger, as if testing his resolve to go against his desire to stay just like this. Another game she was delighted to play.
Naberius Naberius

Gabriel held her tighter against himself, reveling in a new, intense, more primal inner heat that she brought out within him. His smile changed, and the look in his eyes followed suit. They became something more predatory. Wolfish. Hungry. His lips brushed against her ear.
"I never said stop."
He kissed her just below her ear, then further down her neck, and again just above her shoulder. He had found himself enjoying this new game of hers far more than he had anticipated. Another feeling she pulled from somewhere deep in his psyche, somewhere far more animalistic. As her fingers danced across his chest, he slid a hand underneath the back of her shirt, a single finger gliding lightly down her spine.
"We have all day. Let's just take our time and....see what happens..."
He kissed her again, a burning desire deep in his chest. She had awoken something primal in Gabriel.

Last edited:

There it was. Harian felt the shift before she saw it in his eyes. It was in his heartbeat and the way he held her. Harian's smile became more than a little triumphant. She had been baiting something in him, slowly and carefully all day and now it was beginning to surface. She shivered as his lips trailed down her neck, felt his touch in the dip of her spine and drew in a sharp breath, surprised by the effect it had on her. Harian had only ever seen her physical forms as fronts, costumes she had to wear. There was a distance from them that had always been, but here, as the human she knew she loved pulled her close in this new way, kissed her with that new depth, Harian had never felt more like her physical form was part of her, like it was her.
"Gabriel..." She said his name in a breath as the kiss ended. There was a hint of regret in it, but more humour, and her eyes were shining with humour too.
"We're gonna have to stop..." She was trying not to laugh. "If you keep going we'll have a brush fire on our hands..."
She had been trying her absolute best to keep her temperature under control, but she could feel it, and she knew he could too. If he pressed her further she was certain she was going to lose that battle, and likely set fire to the entire park.
With much internal protest Harian drew away from him, sitting up and drawing her arms about her knees, a look of pure fondness playing on her face as she gazed down at him. She knew she was being unfair, but something in the mischief playing at the back of her gaze told him that this game wasn't over, it was simply being postponed.
"This Disneyland...does it have anything to do with those animated movies they play on tv sometimes?"
Naberius Naberius

The intensity of the exchange they found themselves taking part in was almost overwhelming. Gabriel felt his own internal temperature start to rise, his hands trailing across Harian's sides as they embraced. He felt her start to heat up, but much more intensely, possibly dangerously. He'd never felt so alive. She had brought out a part of him that he never knew existed, and now that it had reared its head, it wasn't going away anytime soon. She said his name, and it only added fuel to the fire. He wanted more than anything to stay here in this world they had created together, their raw emotions and primal instincts making a showing like nothing they had experienced together before.
As Harian pried herself away from his embrace, he felt the heat start to lessen. But the smoldering ember she had kindled, the wolf in his eyes never left. It only waited for the right opportunity to pick up where they had left off. Her eyes were the only sign he needed. His own wickedly playful smile, and that new fire in his eyes made it very clear that he wasn't done playing their new game, not by a long shot. But he would let this tease go on for a little longer. It....interested him in a way nothing else had. He sat up, smug grin plastered on his face to accompany the hungry look in his eyes. He sat cross-legged, inches away from her and looking directly into her eyes.
"Looks like someone can dish it out, but can't take it."
The words were peppered with emotions he had never felt before, a bit of that flame he had burning in his chest was present in every syllable. She had woken something up with her teasing and her games. And it was here to stay. It looked her in the eyes as Gabriel stared at her. A hunter. The fire dipped and cooled slightly, but never left.
"You win this round, trees." He paused for a moment, trying to organize his words. He suddenly found it a little harder to think when he looked at her.
"It's owned and operated by the same company, yeah. Most of the rides are based around different Disney movies. I've never actually been before, at least not as an adult. We went once when I was a kid though, I think."

"Can't take it?" Harian repeated in mock-affront. She leaned in just a tiny bit closer. "Oh yes, that's exactly what's going on here." She wanted to say more, but giving anything away now wouldn't be half as fun.
She considered him when he explained the theme park, surprised he had never been, but that just made it more interesting.
"So it's an adventure for both of us." That was enough of a sell. She got up and made to pull him up beside her.
"You don't talk about your family much...or your past." She noted as she lead the way back to where the park exit was marked.
"Can I ask about them?"
Naberius Naberius

Gabriel smiled ever wider, finding a joy in these games that was never there before. He always fought against those feelings, warred with them somehow. He was in love, sure. There was absolutely no doubt, he had never felt these kinds of feelings for anyone else, or anything that came close to matching its intensity. But that particular....area of emotion was something he never could grasp, his lack of any social graces and the extreme depression made it hard to express such things. But Harian had cured him of many of those flaws. There was a fire burning in his heart that dwarfed even his unbending will and she was the cause.
"Absolutely that's what's going on. Either that or you have much less self control than you let on."
He grinned that new grin that she had given him, a gift that would never fade. The hungry, predatory yet mischievously playful smile and the light behind his eyes as he stood, wrapping an arm around her waist again, something more playful in the gesture this time.
She asked about his family again. He knew she would, in fact he had very much invited her to do so back in Paris. Unlike the last time, however, his smile didn't even falter for a second. She had helped him do a lot of growing in a very short period of time. The wounds somehow didn't seem so bad anymore.
"I don't mind. If you ever have questions, just ask. A month ago, I would have been reluctant to dwell on the past. But you've helped salve the pain like time never could."

Harian welcomed his arm about her, stepping close to him as they walked. She enjoyed this new energy immensely.
"Why is talking about your past painful? What happened?" She looked over at him and there was genuine, tender concern in her eyes. A tenderness that no one else had ever seem from her, it was reserved only for him.
"I know humans have...families. They generally mean a lot...don't they? Ties by blood." Harian had no experience with those types of bonds, no djinn were thus related, she tried to understand them though. She wanted to understand how he was hurt.
"I want to hear whatever you're comfortable with telling me."
Naberius Naberius

Gabriel's smile turned sad for the briefest of moments, almost too quick to be noticed. Almost. He stopped walking and stared up at the sky, letting the silence hang. This would be the first time he had ever shared his story with someone. At least, all at once. He had no idea how she would react, but he wasn't going to lie to her.

"It's....a long story. But, I'll try my best to condense it into something manageable. I was born into what might be the most bland, normal household in the world. The stereotypical 'American Dream' family. White picket fence, middle management Dad, work from home mom. I had two siblings, my older brother Jacob and our baby sister Lily. For the first bit, we were basically the poster-card family for normality. I was even baptized at 5. We had a really bad winter one year and mom got sick. She passed away shortly after. Jacob was 11, I was 9, and lily was 6. It destroyed our father. He was never the same. He stopped going to work or church, started drinking heavily, and started getting...violent. Jacob and I would never let him get near Lily. We always took the blame for everything, and the beatings that came with it. Some of these scars aren't from the job. Some of them are much older.... One day, on the anniversary of moms death, he got far worse than ever before. He drank more than he ever did before and came after us with a mag-light, swinging it like a metal club. He broke my wrist. Jacob got mad. Really mad. He shoved dad down the stairs and broke his neck. We ran out of the house, over to the neighbors. They were always kind to us, always loved our mom and knew dad treated us badly but could never prove it. They took us in and called the cops. I ended up getting separated from my brother and sister, made a ward of the state. I was going to be put in a boys home but the court let our neighbors adopt me, but not my brother or sister. They were put in a separate family in a different state. I haven't seen or talked to them since then. I threw myself at my studies, anything to take my mind off of my own life. Growing up after that was...hard. I was bullied constantly for being the outcast, the kid that sat alone at lunch and everyone made stories about. That's where my depression started coming from. All the darkness in my childhood planted a seed in my subconscious. I managed to get into college on a full ride scholarship. I was on track to a bright future in the cyber security sector. That's when I found that damn rumor online and decided to risk it all on a mad gamble to prove to myself once and for all that all the crazy supernatural stuff I believed in was real. That's...When I met Adrestia for the first time. In an old abandoned temple in the middle of nowhere. After that, sure my life was dark and I couldn't exactly finish my schooling, but I had the power to do some real good in the world. I was...such a naive idiot. I thought I could protect the world, drive out the darkness like some comic book hero. Year after year I saw the good I did was like trying to fight a forest fire with a bottle of water. My depression got worse. I...well let's just say it got so bad sometimes that the greatest threat to my life wasn't the monsters I fought. It was the fact that I owned a gun. I never told you this, but I planned on that Lich case I was working on when we met being my last. I had already resigned myself to swallowing a bottle of sleeping pills the night after I cleaned up that mess. Indirectly, you're the reason I'm still standing here telling you this story."

When he was done, Gabriel stared down at his feet for a time before looking back up to her sparkling eyes. If ever there was a reason for him to keep living, she was standing right there in front of him. His arm was wrapped around the only person he could ever see himself loving in such an intense way.

Harian listened, silently, without interruption. She let him speak, and heard each word until he was done. When it became difficult, she put a gentle hand on his, held it tightly.
"I'm sorry, for what you had to endure." He could be certain that she knew firsthand what much of his pain had been like.
"I'm glad you're here." She said, and kissed his cheek to show she meant it. Harian paused for a moment as they left the park and headed for the bus back into town.
"I need to thank you too in that case...when I was summoned this time...I was so tired of fighting through torture, of having my will stripped from me...this mission promised to end me and I was ready to let it...I'd resigned myself to having only one freedom left."
Her master could take everything from her except one thing: the choice of when to die. She left it unsaid but she didn't need to say it.
"You've given me hope." And it felt funny to say it, she had always hated hope, because it had always been false. A part of her was still so afraid of believing...but they had endured so much already, and Gabriel had always come out right beside her.
"You know," Harian spoke again, carefully, thoughtfully: "It's okay to let people lift you up...but you should never let your happiness or self-worth be defined by your connections with others. And before you ask, yeah, I've been reading about depression. Ever since...after Paris. I wanted to understand."
She glanced at him unapologetically. Perhaps before she would have been embarrassed to reveal how much she cared, but not anymore.
"Gabriel, I love you, and that won't change...but it also can't be the only reason you keep fighting."
She brought her hand from his and placed it over his heart. "You have a power I've never seen in a human before. You've got the drive to do what's right, even when it does feel like fighting a forest fire with a water bottle. That's a strength that most don't have...you should take value in that."
Naberius Naberius

The reassuring, gentle touch. The steady presence at his side. Harian was everything Gabriel had ever needed, had ever wanted, and much more. She had been through so much more than he could ever imagine, and yet here she was showing him unconditional support. Though perhaps that is exactly why she did it. She, more than anyone he had ever met, knew what real pain was. What suffering was. They stopped just outside the entrance and her words brought out that protective part of him that dared the world the try and hurt her, to try and take her from him. He pulled her gently against him and for a moment, just held her there. Showing here that he was there, no matter what this world may throw at them he would never abandon her or let her suffer if he could do something about it. The same kind of support she showed him.
"This world would be so much darker without your brilliant light. I can't even begin to imagine the horrors you've endured, but I won't let anything happen to you anymore. There is nothing in this world that shatter that special bond between us. Hope is something that has been in shortly supply for both of us until recently."
He grew quiet as she began to speak, and every word was like the sweetest honey. She loved him and cared for him enough to go out and learn all she could about the nature of the battles he faced every day just to understand him better. He found himself looking away, ashamed, when she mentioned Paris. He didn't remember much of that time, but from what he had gathered from tidbits dropped in conversations since then, he knew how badly he had handled the situation. Her hand on his chest brought him no small amount of peace of mind, her steady unwavering presence was a source of great comfort.
"Your love and support aren't my purpose for going on. Before, I thought it might be but I realized that instead, you helped me find my purpose again. You were the light I needed, the guiding hand that helped me to my feet and set me back on my path. We've both walked different roads, but they were always right next to each other even if we couldn't see it. And we don't have to walk alone anymore. Your unbreakable spirit, your unbending will. They give me strength. I have the strength and ability to do good in this world, and now with you at my side, I have someone to remind me of that. You're my rock, the mountain on which I can build a life worth being proud of. I don't deserve just how amazing you are. I love you so much that it threatens to drive me crazy sometimes. Then again, I think we've both gone just a little crazy. After all, normal people don't get so excited that they make out in a library. Twice. But I wouldn't have it any other way. You're my grumpy, wonderful, loving, perfect, angry furry. And I will love you always."
He punctuated his words by drawing her in even closer, right against his chest. He kissed her with a passion unrivaled by anything the world had yet seen. That earlier flame was still present, but it was muted, accompanied by a much more gentle feeling. A calm, steady and unbending oak tree that provided a safe harbor from the storm. She was his rock, and he would be hers too.

When he went to hold her Harian put her arms about him gently, linking her fingers behind his back. Hearing him speak she knew he'd grown so much, come so far since they first met. They both had, in a way, though Harian still felt guilty that he didn't know much about the things she had done. Once she'd been proud of them, now she was afraid they might cost her something she was not prepared to lose...still, tonight he would know. She had decided on that.
He began to speak of her and she couldn't help but smile and press her forehead against his chest, sheepish to say the least. She didn't feel like she had done so much, it was hard for her to feel deserving of the love he so clearly had for her. When he kissed her again she shut down the feelings of unworthiness. He thought she was good enough. That was what mattered wasn't it?
Harian kissed him back with a passion to rival his, all of the love, the devotion and conviction concentrated into one, finite gesture. The air about them shimmered with heat, but it was hot out anyways, and nobody payed it much mind.

Disneyland seemed, contrived, so Harian didn't know why she was suddenly excited to see more. The houses were just too perfect, they really did look like someone had taken their hand to them and drawn them straight off a page. There was round plaza where a statue of a man holding the hand of Mickey Mouse stood, surrounded by tourists trying to take their picture with it. She knew the mouse at least, he'd been around for almost a hundred years. The place was absolutely crawling with children, and their heat-plagued, exasperated parents, holding half finished cotton candy or teddy bears or sun hats.
Harian marveled at the place. They'd been given a cartoon-y map of the park, with drawings of all the attractions and she scanned it idly.
"Ooo, haunted mansion...is it actually haunted?"
In her honest opinion it looked perfectly designed to inspire the imagination. She had to give the place credit for that.
"What should we do first...um...why is that giant cartoon dog walking up to us?"
It took her longer than she'd care to admit to realize it was not a demon, but a human in a strange dog suit. Still, as it approached, arms wide open Harian began to have doubts is wasn't a demon.
"Gabriel...what does it want? Gabriel?" She took a cautious step back, not sure whether to let it approach or throw a fireball at it. She looked about to do the latter.
Naberius Naberius

Last edited:

As they wandered into the park, Gabriel couldn't help but remember the one time he had been here before, years ago when their mother was still around. He watched with a curious fascination as Harian was undoubtedly trying to come to grips with the odd air about the place. Children ran by holding the hands of their sunburnt and emotionally exhausted parents. Couples taking pictures by different landmarks around the park. The unfortunate mascots, who were most likely teenagers fresh out of high school taking on their first job, ran about the place doing their best to just make it through the day. One such person made their way towards them and Gabriel didn't quite know how to respond to Harian's reaction. He wanted to laugh but the poor kid might end up as a flambé if he didn't calm her down. He stepped up to the guy, holding up a hand and shaking his head slowly, smiling warmly the whole time.
"Sorry pal, not today. She has a bit of claustrophobia and can't handle physical contact with strangers."
He ushered the mascot a few feet away before returning to her side, nearly in tears from holding back laughter. He regained his composure with a major effort and took a place next to her.
"Hey, there's no need to roast anyone. Most of those people are even younger than I am and are stuck out here in those costumes that probably haven't been washed in years. They get paid to act as friendly as possible, including trying to get hugs from strangers. If you were in any danger, don't you think I would have jumped in as soon as he headed this way? Just relax and enjoy yourself. Go ahead and pick a ride or attraction. everything is about you today."

Harian glared at Gabriel as the mascot wandered away to a screaming group of children instead. She felt a little silly, but was glad she hadn't set the costumed teen on fire, though the manager that made them wear the stupid thing was beginning to garner her resentment. It was hot out.
She turned back to the map, stepping back up to Gabriel so he could see as well.
In the end Harian gave up trying to choose and just took his hand. They would walk until they found something interesting. Harian hadn't realized, however, just how much fun this place could be: At first i confused her. The haunted house wasn't haunted at all, but a cart ride on tracks with cheap effects, though as she watched the children, they shrieked and hid their faces, even though they knew it wasn't real. This confused her more than anything, and it was like that everywhere. The attractions were fake, all of them, and yet, when the children played, they really were explorers, or astronauts or pirates.
"Hey," She walked up to a young girl as they crossed onto the "pirate ship", a hunk of cement, mortar and wood, built into a tiny lake with a rope and wood bridge leading too it from one of the paths. "Why is this fun for you?" The little girl was wearing a paper pirate hat and had a foam sword. She shrugged.
"I dunno...it just is. It's Disneyland..." She thought for a moment and then added: "It's harder to pretend I'm a pirate at home...plus the rides."
Harian considered this, and then looked around. This was as close as humans could get oftentimes, or so she wondered, to the real thing, but that wasn't the point either. It was the imagination of it. The creation, sort of like when Harian adopted a new form. That was a sort of pretend too...
"I think I get it." She returned to Gabriel's side with a hint of satisfaction. The little girl had given her the paper pirate hat and Harian glanced at it warily before putting it on.
"I've always been forced to use my abilities to create...I've never...used my imagination for...for fun..."
She glanced around to make sure no one was looking and then her clothes shifted: a black velvet long coat and a frilled shirt underneath, gold rings sparkled on her fingers and the saber (it was wood) trailed from its scabbard at her side. She'd made herself into a pirate captain and grinned proudly.
"Avast landlubbers!" She cried in what was actually a half-decent pirate accent. "Man that thing! And...that other thing!" She shouted and pointed to a group of children, who stared blankly back, but then the little girl she'd spoken too stepped forward and waved her foam sword. "You heard the captain! The king's fleet is coming! We'll fill them full of holes before they get our treasure!"
And just like that the game had begun. They began scrambling around the deck, pulling on ropes, ringing bells and fighting invisible opponents. The little girl told Harian where to stand and what to say to be a "real" pirate captain, and Harian, in turn, taught her some real moves she could perform with a sword.

After that there wasn't a moment where Harian wasn't smiling, the roller coasters were nothing like flying, but she fed into the excitement of the people around her, and screamed with them until she actually believed it was better than flying.
She tried cotton candy and funnel cake and an entire assortment of other delicacies, each more delicious than the last. She decided to keep her pirate costume (it looked good) and after a good few hours of exploring she took off her paper pirate hat, leaned back against Gabriel and drew his arms about her waist.
"This might be the most fun I've had in millennia." She admitted happily. "Thank you for this..."
Naberius Naberius

From the first moments that they began their trip around the park, Gabriel knew deep down that she was going to have a blast. They rode all sorts of rides together and he watched her expression go from perplexed to grudgingly enjoyed over the course of the day. He was unprepared, however for her escapades as a legendary pirate captain. Gabriel had never been one to find himself more attracted to someones body than to their heart and mind, but even he had to admit that she looked absolutely stunning in pirate garb. The way she let herself go after that, letting those final walls of resistance fall and just having a good time made his own smile a thousand times more radiant. Even when she obviously taught a child how to actually fight with a blade, he couldn't help but find something remarkably adorable about it the whole time. The event only served to cement in his mind the idea that Harian would make an incredible parent. She was obviously very fond of children, and had an inner child herself that was begging to come out. All she needed was a reason to let it out.

Their day only got better as time went on, and Gabriel introduced her to as many of the different parts of the park as he could from the incredibly overpriced food that they didn't have to pay for themselves, to the games and rollercoasters. Her smile was positively blinding in its brilliance, and he couldn't help but feel his heart melting all over again when he saw just how happy his little trip had made her. She deserved this, and he was overjoyed that he got to be the one to help her understand that. After a time, he found himself with his arms wrapped around her again, settling into place like that was where they belonged the entire time. As she leaned back against him, he kissed her just under her ear.
"You're welcome, Cap'n. Just seeing how happy you are has made this probably the best day I've ever had. Get used to being this happy. I told you I would show you just what you mean to me, how much I love you. This is only the beginning."

Harian turned around to look at him, eyebrows raised.
"So far we've traveled around the world, walked an entire forest, met a kirin, had a flying race, you nearly died again, we came here, which seems to have several different worlds all packed into one and topped it off with probably the best food I have ever tasted...this is the beginning?"
There was a slight challenge in her tone, as if she dared him to top it.
"I don't know Gabe, this is pretty damn amazing. What's next?"

Naberius Naberius

Gabriel simply smiled and shook his head, looking confident and almost smug.
"Oh yee of little faith. Hope you didn't get full on junk food, we still have dinner ahead of us. And a concert. I told you, this is just the beginning. The day isn't even over yet."
His arms tightened around her slightly and he leaned forward, pressing his forehead against hers, just staring deep into her eyes for a few quiet moments. Even after all the fun they'd had that day, this was still his favorite part. Just her being happy, and holding her close. The look in his eyes changed slightly, that intense flame she had sparked within him making itself known, letting them know it never left and was just waiting.
"Besides, we still have a... Game to finish."

Gabriel took hold of her hand and escorted her out the front entrance and out into the parking lot where he had already arranged a cab for them. The driver took them on a slow drive to their destination, almost half an hour away.
"I hope you're a fan of Italian food. This place is supposed to be really good."
They arrived at a beautiful restaurant, its double front doors standing wide open and the unmistakable aroma of fried bread wafted out into the street. To the right was a large open patio with outdoor seating, patrons wining and dining on elegantly crafted authentic Italian cuisine. A sign just above the entrance read 'Baci di Firenze Trattoria'. Inside the lobby, one side was occupied by a massive tank filled with exotic fish of all types, the evening sun dancing off their vibrant scales. They were seated quickly, Gabriel having slipped the staffer a rather nice bribe to put them at the head of the line. Their table was right next to the tank, in a corner of the room with a bit of distance between them and the other tables.
"I hope it doesn't disappoint, I have it on good authority that this is quite the lovely little spot."

Last edited:

Harian relished the closeness too, daring to hope that this was going to be a constant in her future. If she had nothing else she would be happy.
She caught the flicker of that desire in his gaze and her smile turned slightly feline.
"No spoilers." She whispered to him teasingly.

When Harian caught sight of the restaurant she looked down at her flowing pirate coat and decided her usual attire would suit the occasion just fine. She got out of the cab on his arm in her tie and pinstripe vest. The smell of fresh bread was incredible. Ayramis had made some one day and she'd tasted it, she never forgot that taste.
As hey entered Harian went straight up to the fish tank, peering into it with rapt fascination. The tropic fish danced their rainbow of colours all across the tank, darting in and out of crevasses and anemones.
"I don't think I've seen fish like these before. They're like little living jewels..."
Gabriel asked is she liked the place.
"This is amazing!" She said, with probably a little more enthusiasm than was necessary, or normal.
She sat back in her chair across from him and watched the sun as it began to dip below the horizon, sending shafts of fiery light spilling across their table.
"So..this is like...a normal human date." She confirmed for herself, looking around at the other tables. She gave a relenting look. "Never thought I'd ever find myself here."
She shot him a sideways glance that was filled with mischief.
"I'm not sure you really know what you've gotten yourself into..." Neither did Harian, frankly, but she was sure there were still many things he had yet to learn about djinn. Some of them, would be a lot of fun to teach him.
She combed the menu slowly and chose something that looked good.
"What're you getting?"
Naberius Naberius

He couldn't help it. When he saw just how much she enjoyed the fish tank alone, he knew this was the right choice. He would never get over the sheer raw excitement that she expressed when experiencing something new for the first time. It made his heart race to see her so happy and full of life, and to know that he was the reason for it? Well, that just made everything that much better.
"I'm glad you're enjoying this so much. All I wanted was to make you smile and hey, mission accomplished. And you're finally willing to admit that we're dating? Bonus points. Aside from the crime, the magic, the shape-shifting and the almost dying, yes this is what one would consider a 'human date'."
He fired his own mischievous and playful smile right back at her, matching her enthusiasm with his own, the hungry wolf in his eyes perking its ears.
"Oh? Well, now you've gotten me all curious and excited."
He leaned forward and took hold of her hand across the table, just holding it gently and staring into her eyes with an infinite fondness he had never felt for anyone or anything in his life. He barely registered her question, so lost was he in his contented gazing. He let go and leaned back in his seat looking thoughtful.
"Well, I was going to go with a personal favorite of mine. Arancini and saltimbocca. The arancini is something I think you'd enjoy very much, they're basically fried rice balls stuffed with a variety of different things. I usually get arancini con ragù, they're stuffed with tomato sauce and mozzarella."

"You can call it what you want I guess," Harian shrugged, but it was obvious she was equally as happy. "I just like being with you."
She heard his choice and then found it herself on the menu.
"Hmm, provided it comes sans dead animals, I'll try it."
They ordered not long after and Harian couldn't help but look back at the tank, enthralled by the darting of the colourful fish.
"So, if you're curious...what do you want to know?" She challenged him with a playful smile.
Naberius Naberius

"I just like being with you."
Her words washed over him like a tidal wave of pure joy. Every moment that passed was another moment of serene bliss when she was at his side.
"It's breading, rice, cheese and sauce generally. No living creatures were harmed in the making of these rice balls. Except for tomatoes, but they're asking for it, confusing people on whether they're a fruit or a vegetable."
He watched her as she tracked the vibrant rainbow of sea life flash by in the tank. She seemed transfixed by them. Then she shot him that playful smile she teased him with so often, and he responded in kind.
"The things I'm curious about aren't the kind that can be expressed easily with words. More something to be....experienced..."
He let the last word hang in the air a little longer than the others. It was a loaded word, with a variety of different possible meanings. His eyes, however, spoke for themselves.
"To be perfectly honest... I'm just glad I make you happy."

Last edited:

Harian narrowed her eyes, "stupid tomatoes, pick a category." She was grinning after that.
She laughed softly at his hinting, shaking her head slowly in mock-regret. "Oh, what have I created? Well...You're not wrong about that."
His last statement made her turn to face him and her smile turned warm and loving. "Happier than I ever...thought I could be."
She squeezed his hand and then turned his palm and traced gentle lines within it idly.
"That old library in New York seems like a century away now. I can't believe this all came about simply because I blundered into the most obvious trap..." her tone told him that yes, she was still mad about it.
Thinking back, Jophiel had been very insistent she deliver those messages...she wondered if he had any idea what would happen...
"Aaaand now you're stuck with me." She leaned back in her chair and folded her arms resolutely.
Their food arrived and it smelled incredible. It was good enough to pull Harian's attention away from Gabriel (and even the fish tank), and she had to sit for a moment and simply appreciate it.
"You know what I didn't ask?" Harian said as she tucked her napkin into her lap. "Who we're actually going to see perform."
Naberius Naberius

Gabriel let loose with a light peel of faux maniacal laughter, his smile and that smoldering ember behind his eyes never once faltering.
"Now that I know that just a little teasing is enough to get you all....hot and bothered...I don't think I can stop. Nor do I really want to..."
He met her loving stare with his own. She was the light in his world, the thing that made it easy to get up in the morning and face down another enemy, another wave of darkness. Because at least while he was out there saving the world, he had someone by his side, someone more incredible than he ever could have imagined in his wildest and most wonderful dreams.
"I want you to hold on to that feeling, Harian. Because you deserve that happiness. Everyone deserves to be happy. Don't ever doubt that you deserve all the love I give you. And you're the only person in this or any other world, past, present or future, that I would ever want to give that love to."
Even just her fingers gliding across his hand sent a wave of electricity through his body. But she was right. New York seemed like an entirely different lifetime, like they had just watched it happen to other people. He laughed for real this time, a light and happy laugh.
"If someone had told me I was going to fall in love with an angry ferret I met in a library trapped in a binding circle, I would have called them insane. But there's no one I'd rather be 'stuck' with."
Their waiter brought out what they had ordered and everything looked immaculate. Like something straight out of a work of art. He hadn't had real Italian food in ages, and he was honestly very excited. Though, that might have had more to do with the company he was in.
"It's an Elton John concert. Ever heard of him?"

"I'm always hot." Harian replied unironically. "And I'm never bothered." She said it like a challenge, but she smiled down at the table when he told her she deserved happiness. No one had ever made her feel like she had, until now of course.
She laughed at "ferret". "And if someone told me that in a few months I'd be sitting here, like this with a human?" She shook her head, not even sure what to say. "Probably would have set them on fire." She shrugged finally.
She was about to take the first bite off her plate when Gabriel dropped the name.
"What? No way. Elton John? He's a legend!" the food dropped off her fork and Haian's eyes lit up. "The way he gets music out of a piano...how does he even do that?" The concept of music still enthralled Harian. It was beautiful in the way that it was completely incomprehensible to her before she had come to this world. It was a new sense, and she still didn't quite understand how it worked.
"I've looked up how music happens. It's just a bunch of vibrations through the air...but I still don't get how that can sound so...incredible."
Only after ranting about music for a few minutes more did Harian remember her food, and made a second attempt to try it. It was delicious!
She wanted to hug Gabriel across the table. Instead she reached over and took his fork.
"Here," She put a portion of her food onto it and held it out. "Try it." She was smiling over at him, eager to share something she liked.
Naberius Naberius

Gabriel honestly didn't know how to react to the situation they were in, either if he was being honest with himself. It was uncharted territory for both of them but at least they were in it together. Her smile was always brilliant. When he said those sweet words, he meant every single one of them. And her reaction was always incredible, adorable, and more precious to him than all the gold and jewels in the world.
"Someone once told me that if there's something you want in life, you should go for it. If you don't, you'll always be thinking about the what-ifs and could-have-beens. Even if you don't get whatever is it you're reaching for, you haven't lost anything. You're still the same person you were when you started reaching. I followed that advice when I realized how I felt about you. And I have never made a decision in my life that I enjoy as much as being with you."
Her reaction to the nights incoming entertainment was absolutely priceless. He lived for that look, seeing her so excited and pleased. Delighted. Happy. He would move mountains to see that smile. He listened to her excited speech on her fascination with music, the entire time he beamed brightly, his eyes sparkling like sapphires as he realized just how much this meant to her.
"It takes a considerable amount of practice and talent to get as good as someone like him. Years, decades even. That's a long time for us humans. Devoting your life to something you are passionate about is one of the most fulfilling things you can do."
When she snagged his fork from his plate, he looked at her bemused, wondering what she was doing before she handed it back, a bit of her meal speared on the end. He shrugged and accepted the offered morsle.
" A good taste in food and men. You truly are quite exceptional."
The evening was almost magical in its simplicity. Just a casual date with Harian filled him with too much joy to be contained in one person. He was well and truly glad he had taken the risk and confessed his feelings for her. Finding out she felt the same way for him was heaven itself opening its gates for him. And here he sat with her, having the time of his life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back