• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
Timing: After the clue that lead to Moscow
Interaction: Harian & Gabriel

The playful glee ablaze in his eyes only grew that much brighter at her retort. The old Gabriel would have already been blushing and fumbling for words. He had been forced to do a lot of growing up in a very short time. And being so close to her emotionally made it much easier as well. He wrapped his arms around her waist again, loosely. just holding on to her for the sake of having an excuse to be in contact with her.
"You've never had feelings for anyone else? I was relying on you to lead us through this a little. Monster hunting doesn't exactly leave much free time for a love life, you know. You realize Falarion is going to go nuts if he finds out about us, right?"
He could only smile down at her, no other emotions except joy and love could be processed in those tender moments.
"'First in a lot of things', huh? What exactly did you have in mind?"
He matched her mischievous look with one of his own. She had been been subtly influencing his personality the whole time they'd known each other and he never even noticed. Whether it was from the medicine and the therapy or from the massive boost in confidence he had experienced finding love in someone like Harian, with whom he shared so much in common, he had no idea. But he knew that it was a definite improvement over the old him. He didn't know if telling her the truth about his feelings so soon was a good idea, but damn it he had needed to. He couldn't keep it bottled up anymore. It was out in the air now, for both of them. The fates had decided that they would find love in each other, companionship.
"If I have to go to sleep, where exactly will you be? There's room for two, you know."

SilverFlight SilverFlight

Harian relished the touch and the closeness. She glanced down when he asked. "That's a bit of a complicated question..." She looked back up at him while keeping her head tilted to the marble floor. "But you're the first person I could ever say I've...felt this strongly for." She shook her head. "This is the domain of you humans," She gestured vaguely, to mean whatever they were doing. "And honestly, nobody really ever looks like they have a clue." She shot him a grin. "Falarion will be the least of our worries...but I could always throw him into another river if he gets on my nerves."
When asked what she had in mind her smile widened. She was enjoying this game immensely.
"Well...how big is your imagination?" Her voice had turned low and silky. There was a promise there, though what it was exactly would never have been determined in that moment alone.
His last statement had her putting a hand to her open mouth in mock-horror.
""Room for two"? What sort of affront to propriety are you suggesting exactly?"
Harian didn't give two licks about human propriety, but it was fun to try and throw him off.
Naberius Naberius

"Then I guess we both get to have a bit of a learning experience with each other. Sounds exciting."
Gabriel had expected this sort of teasing from her now, and unfortunately for her, his recent boost in confidence coupled with just how strong his feelings for her were, and how used to this he was after being the brunt of it so often had rendered it completely harmless. He leaned in, his face less than an inch from hers, deviance playing behind those ice-blue eyes.
"My imagination is rather vivid, m'lady. Just....no tigers. And propriety? Since when have we given two shits about propriety?"
He planted a quick kiss on her lips, laughing at her failed attempted to get under his skin like she used to.
"Sorry, Harian, once you've made out with someone in a library, it's a little harder for them to make you blush."

Last edited:

Harian's smile never wavered. It always held something just beyond his reach, a hint of mystery that was as teasing as it was enticing.
He drew in close, kissed her but suddenly her hand was at the neck of his shirt, tangled in the fabric there and she drew him closer. She moved past his lips, grazing the tender part of his neck just behind his jaw. Her other hand slid over his hip and pulled him full against her.
"Are you inviting me to try harder?" She whispered in his ear.
Harian leaned back just enough to catch him in her jewel-bright eyes, then she made as if to kiss him again but instead she put words gently against his cheek:
"Another time."
Her form melted into black smoke and she coiled past him to reform just behind, making her way slowly to the steps and to her own room.
Naberius Naberius

Gabriel, for all his confidence and experience in combat, was woefully unprepared for the intensity she fired back with. He felt her lips dance across his neck, a promise of a very interesting future. As she pulled him tightly against her, Gabriel could feel her warmth. But it wasn't just the heat of her body, his skin felt like he had been set ablaze. It was a deep, intense burn. Something powerful and primal. He tried to speak but the words only caught in his throat, and he let out a single heavy, shaking breath. He tightened his arms around her waist, just reveling in the sheer bliss of having her pressed against him. He didn't even register her words when she spoke, he was far too preoccupied enjoying the sublime closeness. Then she was gone, appearing just behind him. He blinked, feeling that overpowering heat dissipate, and couldn't help but laugh.
"Fine, I'm going I'm going. But I'm taking a shower first. I'll see you in the morning."
He made his way to his room and made ready for bed. His dreams were so incredibly wonderful that he almost didn't want to wake the next morning.

Timing: Early September

It had been a little over two weeks since Gabriel had experienced the most wonderful and exciting birthday he had ever enjoyed. Near death experience aside, it was the most wonderful day in his entire life. Openly sharing their feelings now, Gabriel took every moment he could to shower Harian with his affection. He was maddeningly, painfully in love with his favorite grumpy shapeshifter and he didn't care how many of the others knew. Today, however, was something special. He had been planning this for some time now, wanting everything to be just right. He held an envelope in his right hand as he made his way to the living room, looking for Harian. He spied her lounging around on the back of the couch, having taken the form of a cat. He plopped down beside her, looked her dead in the eyes and smiled warmly, if a little playfully.
"Hey there Professor McGonagall, got a minute? I have something I want to show you."

Harian at first had been a bit unsure of how to deal with the change, both in herself and with Gabriel. She couldn't look at him now without the familiar rush of feeling, sweeping through her essence and making it hard to move, hard to think, hard to do anything but give in to it, and giving in was becoming easier and easier.
The morning after Alexandria she had caught him alone in the hallway, without saying a word she reached for his cheek, pulled him down and kissed the other with a sly grin to follow it, reminding him that it had all really happened.
When they walked together she would be close to him, instead of paces away, stealing fond glances when he wasn't looking, and sometimes when he was. She loved him. She was willing to admit it now. It was a feeling stronger than any other she had ever experienced, it even dwarfed the centuries-cultivated hate that she thought would be the ruler of her forever. The djinn had no real clue if there was ever a "right way" to love, and the lack of instruction was both terrifying and fantastically liberating, one more ounce of freedom he had given her. For now, she stuck with one simple task: she was devoted to making him smile. It became a game, and she challenged herself with how many ways she could do it.
On that particular day, Harian had found that perfect ray of sun, filtering in through the big bay windows. It warmed the back of the couch and if she lay as a cat within the square confines of it, it would warm her too, well beyond the gentle temperature of the room. She lay with closed eyes, black tail twitching, and probably thinking of more ways to play her new game.
Gabriel's landing on the couch jarred her out of her thoughts and claws came out to latch onto the fabric and keep her from slipping off. Her bright green eyes widened and her ears were laid flat, until Gabriel's voice caught her in that impossible feeling again.
His playful smile and the envelope in his hand spoke of something new, and her eyes went round with curiosity. She slid down the cushion and transformed as she did, coming to sit close beside him in her human form.
"Well it looks like an envelope." She said with a teasing smile. "But I guess you're referring to what's inside it."
He had her attention now, to do with what he pleased.
Naberius Naberius

As Harian slid down next to him, her form shifting like inky black water into her usual self, Gabriel slid his arm behind her and pulled her close. He placed a quick kiss on her cheek, holding out the envelope with his other hand for her to take. He loved her more than life itself, and had gone to great lengths to make sure their upcoming special evening would be absolutely perfect. The excitement in his eyes only grew, and he looked like me might start bouncing up and down like a child on their way to Disney world for the first time. He had 'acquired' some very expensive VIP premium seating to a very packed and much looked forward to concert. Some CEO who thought it was okay to hire unpaid interns, let them work up until a week before they would be brought in as full-time workers, then fire them only to repeat the process, had unfortunately misplaced his tickets.
Gabriel could feel her warmth pressed against his side. It was a familiar feeling now, but no less wonderful and absolutely incredible. He would go out of his way to make sure she knew just how special she was, just how amazing she made him feel. He didn't want things between them to get out of hand and start to interfere with their missions, but during their downtime between the near-death suicide runs, he would make sure she knew just how much he cared for her.
"Open it. I want to see your reaction."

Harian scooted right up close to him, and when he leaned to kiss her cheek she turned her head and the kiss fell on her lips instead. She gave him a roguish wink, looking pleased with herself.
She took the envelope when it was offered and gave him a quizzical glance in exchange before turning her attention to opening it. Her fingers slid over the glossed paper inside and she drew out the tickets. It took her a moment, just one, brief moment, to frown, and then realize, and then gasp. Her head shot back up and on this very rare occasion, she let her excitement shine clearly on her face. Her green eyes glittered with joy. "You remembered..."
It took another moment to wrap her head around it. Harian had so rarely been given anything, in all her long years on earth. She had to look at him one more time as if needing reassurance that the gift was, in fact, for her.
Harian threw her arms about Gabriel's neck, pulling him down and laughing.
"You're amazing! How did you get these? I want the whole story. When are we going? Can we go now?" Then she caught herself and took a breath with closed eyes, when she opened them again the joy was still there, but she had bridled some of her excitement.
"Thank you." She said, more gratitude poured into those two words than she had ever expressed. She held onto the tickets as if she'd been handed something priceless.
Naberius Naberius

As their lips met, and Harian gave him that... Very intriguing look... Gabriel couldn't help but chuckle. Gods, he found himself enraptured by every little thing she did. He watched her closely as she pulled the tickets free from the envelope, the emotions flickering across her face rapidly before settling on that incredible excited joy. Her eyes were like emerald-green stars, the pure excitement dancing behind them with a brilliant light. He was always captivated by those perfect eyes. Her arms snaked around his neck and she pulled him down. He brought a gentle hand to her face, brushing a strand of hair that came loose in her excited grab back behind her ear.
"Of course I remembered. The show is tonight at 8pm. We have some time to kill before then, if you want to grab dinner first or... Something."
He kissed her then, letting his own excitement show. He wasn't sure what he was more excited for, the concert or just the pure joy he got from making her smile. Her overwhelming excitement caused her to have a very out of character outburst and he couldn't help but smile that much brighter when he saw those beautiful eyes again.
"You're the amazing one. You're the most incredible person I've ever met and I have no idea what I ever did to deserve you. And you're insanely adorable when you're excited."
He paused, just staring into her eyes for a few moments, letting time come to a standstill as they just enjoyed each other's company.
"You gave me an amazing night, now it's my turn to make you feel as amazing as you make me feel. I love you. This is just me showing you how much. As for the how, well. I was out for lunch at a little pizza place I like down the street from the library where we met. Overheard two guys talking about their boss and some of his less than ethical business practices. He hires unpaid interns, let's them work their probation period and right before they get put on the books as a real worker, he fires them and replaces them. Free labor. So, I figured hey my whole job is balancing scales so.... I disabled the security in his house, walked right in the front door like I own the place and snagged them off of his dining room table while he's out at a meeting. Maybe losing 6 grand will be some sort of karmic retribution for him and he learns to not be such a dickhead."

Last edited:

She leaned into his touch when he pulled her hair back into place.
"A concert and dinner? But, it's not even my birthday." She smiled knowingly, and when he kissed her again she dropped the teasing pretense, simply letting the joy of the moment flow over her.
She chuckled as he spoke again. "In all my years of being on this plane...I don't think anyone has ever used the word "adorable" to describe me. Terrifying yes, an incredible pain in the ass, but never adorable."
Deserving...in Harian's opinion he deserved much better. There was a lot of darkness still lingering in her, hatred, but for the first time she didn't want it. It wasn't a defense anymore, it was a weakness. Gabriel had brought about that change too. She found herself wanting to be someone deserving of him. Gabriel was pure-hearted as she'd never seen a human be before, and the happiness in him was warmer than any fire. It was captivating.
Harian listened to the story of how he came by the tickets. He'd stolen them from a human who, for all intents and purposes, kept slaves. She pretended to swoon, falling against him with the back of a hand on her forehead.
"Wow, I didn't think it was possible, but I've fallen for you even more." She grinned up at him, eyes alight with excitement. "Where are we going?"

Harian didn't hear the footsteps. Jophiel came into the kitchen with a mug in one hand and his newspaper in the other, a clear view to the couch across the entry way. Their eyes met for an instant, Harian still lying in Gabriel's lap. She sat up quickly and Jophiel tried his very best to hide a smile and poured his coffee and pretend he didn't see.
Jophiel was delighted by the new developments. The positive emotions that flooded the house seemed to affect it in a tangible way: The rooms were brighter, the plants greener. Angel magic, he had explained, was always more powerful in the presence of love.
Naberius Naberius

Gabriel beamed at her reaction, it was exactly what he was hoping for. He knew very well that he himself was as easily molded as playdoh when she was involved. He had never known that such pure joy could exist in their dark world so full of anger and pain. But here they were, in love and just enjoying life like it was the greatest drug in the world.
"No one has called you adorable before because I'm the only one who gets to see that secret side of you. And being able to draw out the real you is the most incredible rush in the world."
Her brilliant acting performance that landed her in his lap made him laugh just that much more. A laugh filled with joy and happiness that even he had never even thought possible. She was everything to him, she gave him a kind of comfort and love that he never thought he could have or would ever be deserving of. She didn't see in him what he did. She didn't see the murderous weapon when she looked into his eyes, not like he did when he looked in the mirror. But just being with her had started to change all that.
Gabriel wrapped his arms around her as she lay there in his lap. He couldn't help smiling down at her with that special smile he reserved just for her. All the love and joy he felt visible as though attached to a neon sign just above his head.

He heard the light footsteps before he saw Jophiel. Harian jerked upright out of his lap and Gabriel smiled nervously at the angel.
"Oh uh... Good morning Jophiel. What uh... What's up?"
He was a terrible actor. And he knew full well that Jophiel, of all people, had probably known their feelings for each other before even they did.

"It's true." Harian admitted, becoming somewhat more serious. "Even I lost that part of myself...a very long time ago. It was buried under...everything that happened."
She looked back at him and his wonderful smile was all it took to bring the love rushing back. "I'm glad you found it."

Jophiel was smiling, but he pretended to read his paper anyway, sipping at the coffee, which was hard because of the smile.
"Up? Hmm, well, slow day I suppose. I don't think we'll be getting attacked by any disturbing creatures this evening, but if we do, I'll call you."
It was the angel's way of handing them his blessing for a good time out.

Harian was relieved that Jophiel was not one to tease. She was still getting used to the entire thing herself and she still didn't know how to handle being picked on because of it. This was worsened by the fact that she knew very well how dangerous this was, that was always at the back of her mind, but for now, she tried to push it away.
Harian stood up, one hand still holding Gabriel's and she gave it a quick tug.
"Howabout you just show me where we're going? Unless you want to hang around here until the others see these." She waved the tickets. "You didn't get enough for everybody."
Naberius Naberius

Gabriel only squeezed her tighter when she remembered her dark past. He wouldn't let what happened to her for so long ever happen again. He would never let anyone take advantage of her or enslave her, force her to do gods know what.
"Whatever happened in the past should stay there, but if you ever want to talk about it I'm here for you. Always and forever."
Her smile was all the thanks he could ever want or need. He was overjoyed at being the one to help her find that old part of her again, the side of her that he had fallen so deeply in love with.

His smile eased as he realized Jophiel wasn't going to make a big deal out of having obviously caught them in the middle of a very mushy, tender moment.
"Fantastic, we could use a break from almost being eaten or shot or stabbed or whatever other awfulness we deal with every other day."

Gabriel let himself be pulled up off the couch, using the momentum to catch her up in his arms, planting a quick kiss on her lips before disengaging just as quickly. He could be a tease too, just not nearly at the same level as she was.
"Ever been to California? It's in Anaheim. Just let me go get dressed first, not all of us have the extreme luck to be able to just change clothes at will."

"Maybe one day." Harian took comfort in the gentle tightening of his hug.
She fully agreed with the idea of not being shot at for one day. It would be a welcome break.
Gabriel stole another kiss and walked away, leaving Harian to chuckle as he did. Harian wondered if any of her old friends would even recognize her now. She felt completely different...in the best way.
"I might have been a couple hundred years ago. I think it'd be a bit different now."
She slipped onto one of the bar stools at the kitchen counter, opposite Jophiel to wait for him. She was excited, it was easy to tell. Her curiosity about this new century was near-infinite, and the thought of exploring it with Gabriel thrilled her beyond words.
Naberius Naberius

Gabriel made his way back into his bedroom lost in thought. A torrent of different emotions swirled in his mind like a raging hurricane. But there was one nagging feeling that stuck out, something he hadn't felt in what felt like lifetimes: doubt. Pain. Fear. He couldn't put his finger on what was causing the feelings, and he did his best to ignore the negativity. Today was going to be filled with nothing but positivity and he would make sure of that. He threw on some comfortable pants, a loose fitting green shirt and his favorite walking shoes. They would be out for a while, and comfort was key.
After he finished his preparations, he grabbed his key card, his wallet and this time made sure his handgun was tucked safely away in the molded holster hidden up near the pit of his left arm. He made his way back to the kitchen, smiling warmly and whistling some strange tune from what seemed like an old shanty.
"You ready? We can spend the whole day out and about, just enjoying the day off."

Harian and Joph watched him come back down the stairs. Harian grinned at him. "I've been ready since you put these in my hand." She waved the tickets.
Slipping off the bar stool she went to examine his clothes, thumb and forefinger to her chin thoughtfully. She looked back at her own pinstriped vest and dress pants, and then, they deepened to black and began to change: She now wore a pair of ripped jeans, a black T-shirt with the Guns n Roses logo and a jean jacket. For added flare, she created a pair of narrow sunglasses to hide the vibrant green of her eyes, which she would keep for him instead of disguising them with a different colour.
She stepped for the door.
Jophiel got up then. "Allow me." He waved his hand and a new switch appeared on the dial. "Anaheim."
The angel smiled at them. "Don't stay out too late!"
Naberius Naberius

Gabriel stepped up beside her as Jophiel gave them a way to shorten the trip even more than he had anticipated. They really would have the entire day to themselves, as it was still rather early. He didn't mind at all having a day for them to be together, alone and out of the house. He hooked an arm around her waist, beaming down at her before opening the door.
"Yes sir, back by 10 pm sharp!"
He waved goodbye to Jophiel as they stepped through into the busy streets of Anaheim, not far from the hustle and bustle of LA. The tourists were everywhere, here for either the concert or the Disneyland Resort. He walked, still holding Harian loosely against his side, her ever present heat a welcome reminder of how wonderful life could be. But then, he remembered something. That nagging, painful sorrow in the back of his mind. The smile he wore so easily lately began to falter, and then dropped away completely as he stopped walking. He met her eyes, that familiar deep pain behind his own showing itself for the first time in so very long.
"Harian... Are... Are you mad at me?"
He paused for a moment, trying to organize his thoughts. He finally found what was causing that pain, the sadness poking itself through his beautiful wall of joy that his close relationship with her had created. The mention of danger and fighting had stirred something loose from the darkest parts of his subconscious.
"I.. Put us both in danger telling you how I really feel... It was selfish of me to do that, but I needed you to know. I needed you to hear me say it. But I can't help but feel like I've put you in unnecessary danger because of my own selfishness."
He shook his head firmly, trying his best to banish the negative thoughts. This was not going to ruin their day. He wanted this to be a special day for her, something she would remember forever.
"Sorry, forget I mentioned it. Today is a happy day, no negative thoughts allowed."
He tried his best to plaster what was left of his effortless, joyful smile back into place. He met with limited success, the happiness not quite reaching his eyes.

Last edited:

Harian couldn't help it. The grin spread across her face, completely unbidden. It was the absolute normality of the situation. She felt Gabriel's hand about her waist and leaned closer to him, laughing at the promised curfew. Was this what average humans did? It felt...fun.
The city noise was suddenly all about them, and Harian couldn't help but look up and around. The buildings in cities always impressed her. It had taken the Egyptians hundreds of years to build their megaliths and their pyramids, skyscrapers seemed to spring up almost overnight. Harian new she was doing "the tourist thing", gazing up at the buildings, but with Gabriel beside her, she cared much less about drawing attention. It was when she felt his arm slide away that she paused and looked back, realizing he had stopped.
Her smile faded too when she caught the sadness in his eyes, but his question brought forth a look of pure bafflement.
""Mad at you"?" She gave a small laugh. "Gabriel, if I was mad at you you'd be on fire." She tried to turn it into a joke, but it was clear something was earnestly bothering him. She sobered up quickly and listened.
She could see the flickering confidence, he tried to brush it off, put on a brave face...
"Hey." Harian closed the distance between them again, reached up and ran a hand through his hair and down his cheek. She leaned closer, a newfound strength, a strength he had given her, shining in her eyes. "It's going to be okay. I'm glad you told me...we both chose this path. Looking back I wouldn't want it any other way."
She held his gaze and smiled. "Whatever danger comes, I know I've got you to help me take it on, and summoners? They're only human."
Her hand slid back down to his and wrapped it tightly with an affectionate squeeze. She tugged him forward playfully.
"Now, are we gonna explore this town..." She stopped short, pulling him close and pressing a kiss to his lips. "...Or what?"
Naberius Naberius

Her words stimmed the tide of bleak thoughts in his mind as he stood there, trying to bring back the burning flame of hope she helped tend. Her hand on his cheek was a hot iron, burning away the darkness with its intensity. He met her eyes, seeing that beautiful, Unbreakable spirit behind them and his smile became more genuine, more affectionate.
"Sorry, I know I worry too much sometimes. You're the most precious and important person in my life and I'm glad I confessed to you. I'm glad you told me, too. Believing it was one thing but hearing those words from you made my heart sing and my spirit soar."
The dark thoughts were gone as quickly as they had come, negative emotions unable to stand the burning strength in those eyes, in that gentle touch. He let himself be pulled along for a few steps before she spun and pressed against his chest. She kissed him. It was always more intense for him when she was the one who kissed him. He wrapped his arms around her, holding her tightly. He could never get enough of just holding her close like that, feeling her warmth against him. He returned her love with his own, putting every bit of affection and devotion in his very being into that kiss. When they pulled back, he leaned in close, a hairs breadth from her ear.
"I love you, Harian. Remember that always."
He stood back up, that beaming smile back where it belonged as he held her in his gaze.
"Absolutely. Today is about having fun. Let's go enjoy ourselves. I have a few ideas in mind. There's a place called Oak Canyon I want to take you to. I figured you might enjoy a nice walk through a nature preserve, surrounded by untouched nature. Then...."
He leaned in close again, a glint of mischief in his ice blue eyes.
"We can sneak into Disneyland without paying, enjoy some rides and have fun until it's time to eat."

Last edited:

"Hmmno, I think you worry the right amount, but...it's like that dumb angel says...sometimes, you need to ride on faith...I have faith in us."
Harian laughed as he gushed, ending in re-affirming his love. She pressed her face into his chest with a hand on his shoulder.
"Ugh, you are so saccharine!" The delight in her tone was unmistakable and as they stood close she whispered: "Say more right now."

Gabriel told her about the park and what he'd planned after that. Harian adjusted her glasses and smiled with no small amount of mischief.
"Nature and crimes? Solid plan. Let's go!"

While they traveled to the park Harian had grabbed a brochure for it from the local tourist office. She flipped through it idly as she leaned against him.
"Hmm, waterfalls, nice trails...there's something about nature that is just so appealing...Oh, I got it. There are no humans." She glanced around the bus as all of the people who were apparently headed that way. "Well...significantly fewer humans...I still can't get over how many of you there are now."
Then, out of the blue she hit him playfully. "Hey, doof...I love you too."

The park entrance stretched before them, a sign for the trails off to one side, a sign for the open space, the park and lake in another. Harian stood between them with crossed arms. "Which part should we do first?"
The smile on her face told him that it really didn't much matter to her, she was going with him, that was the important part.
Naberius Naberius

Her laughter was like the most beautiful music he had ever heard, as though the heavens themselves graced him with melody. She pressed against him and he held her firmly in his arms. She wanted more of his honeyed words, and he told her precisely what he felt.
"Should I tell you how every time we embrace, or your hand brushes against me, it feels like lightning coursing through my body? There was never a drug as potent, addictive and enjoyable as just being near you. When we kiss, there is no greater joy to be had in heaven or any other religious paradise conceived by man. I love you wholly, heart and soul and with every fiber of my being. And when you say my name, it's the most beautiful sound I've ever heard."
He couldn't help but laugh with her, enjoying her enthusiasm more than he wanted to admit. This was what made every bit of effort worthwhile. Making her smile, seeing the joy in her eyes when he showed her just how much he cared. He had never been in love before, but it was the most incredible, amazing, terrifying, and exciting feeling he had ever had.

The bus they rode to the park was packed with tourists. It was summer, the height of tourist season, and everyone wanted to get out of their houses and into the most beautiful and enjoyable locations they could find. For Gabriel, that was anywhere in the world as long as Harian was his side. They sat in the back, her side pressed against his, and his arm wrapped around her.
"Hey, some of us humans love and respect natural beauty. And at the risk of ruining the most amazing relationship in the world, I feel I should point out you've been kissing a human."
"I love you too."
There were no sweeter, more mesmerizing or tantalizing words ever spoken before. It sent shivers down his spine, and he held her that much tighter, kissing her cheek in response. He absolutely did not care who saw them, didn't care about anyone's opinions. She was his world, his one and only love. And he would treat her like he knew she deserved to be. He would shower her with his love and affection every chance they had.

When they arrived at the park, Gabriel was taken aback. It was absolutely stunning just how gorgeous the place was. As Harian stood at the entrance, Gabriel walked up behind her, pulled her against his chest and held her against him gently, kissing her neck.
"Your choice. I planned this day for you, so you get to decide. All that matters to me is that you're happy. Your smile, your joy, that's what makes me happy. Having you right here in my arms. Take your time deciding, we have time to kill."

Harian reveled in his words, they were like a spell, one that she was more than happy to have pt upon her.
She leaned in a whispered his name, just to test his reaction.
On the bus she didn't miss a beat as he teased her. "Just one," she purred. "Now and forever."
Now she stood between the signs and felt him come against her, the gentle kiss on her neck. She put her arms against his as he held her, leaning back into him with her eyes closed.
"No fair." She said softly. "I gave you the choice."
She did take her time. Standing with him as they were was so perfect she didn't want to move.
At length she did, reluctantly, but there was a playful smile dancing on her lips now.
"Let's go walk those trails."
The forest was beautiful and cool. Sometimes the trees were far apart and the sun filtered down through a canopy of green, a riot of light against the ground. Sometimes the trees were knit tightly and it was in one of those parts that Harian suddenly vanished. One moment she has just behind him, and when he turned she was gone.
All that could be heard was her laughter, echoing about the trunks.
"Bet you can't find me..."

From a small branch just behind him a tiny sparrow watched gleefully. It was not the best at behaving like a sparrow, because Harian was having too much fun.
Naberius Naberius

When Harian whispered his name, it sent chills down his spine. Hearing the love she held for him carried in that one word was like a symphony of heavenly music. He shuttered slightly, his heart raced, and his mind went blank except for that one word, and her.
Gabriel walked with her through the winding trails, just enjoying the sights and sounds of nature and the company of the only person he ever loved. He was so absorbed in his emotions that he didn't even notice her disappearance. Looking back over his shoulder he realized she wasn't there, and he grew intensely worried for just a moment.
Her laughter spread throughout the densely wooded area, muffled by the soft grass and thick trunks of old trees. His worry evaporated, replaced by a playful joy as she spoke.
"M'lady," he began, mischief laced through his words, "Do remember that I am a hunter..."
He slipped behind a tree, his demeanor and walking mannerisms changing as he did. Even among the trees, in broad daylight, Gabriel's skills were honed to a razors edge and his footfalls ceased. It was as though he were no longer there. He made his way around the tree where she awaited him, sticking to her blind spots and whatever shadows he could find. They were alone on their trail, something he was incredibly thankful for as he lifted off the ground behind her, his arms folded across his chest. He leaned in close, only inches away.
"Boo."

The sparrow peered round the tree, and when she couldn't see or hear him, began looking all about. She didn't notice Gabriel behind her until he spoke.
The sparrow squeaked in a rather human voice and fell, changing back in a puff of smoke to land on her rump facing him. Harian laughed, expression playfully indignant. She couldn't believe he had found her so easily.
"Oh? You wanna play for real?"
She faded into black smoke and seemed to disappear. "Ok then, Sir Hunter...see if you can catch me..."
For a moment the forest was silent, not a sign of anything save the birdsong overhead and the lazy buzz of insects. On a small hill just fifty feet away a black fox appeared, eyes glinting emerald-green. It darted away in a flash, leaving Gabriel to try and follow...if he could.
The fox lead him through the trees, down ravines and up steep slopes, all the while keeping just to the soft earth so he could follow the tracks if he lost sight of her.
She ran deep into the forest and suddenly the tracks began to change. They deepened, grew cloven hooves. Finally, over the crest of a little ridge he would come to a small clearing with a blue lake. Trailing the edge of it was a herd of deer, ten of them, all roughly the same size and shape. If he moved too quickly they would see him and bolt. None of them looked for now, they were concerned with browsing the small plants by the water's edge.
Naberius Naberius

Users who are viewing this thread

Back