• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
How old are we going for with these guys?

6 sweeps aka 13 years.

I would like to mention that we have 7 people interested now, greater than the 6 people for doubling up.

I also make sprites.

yes, you're right.

from now on, you can't choose two characters anymore. those who already did will keep it, and others will have to wait. if we don't assemble enough people, i'll allow doubling again (not for everyone, of course), but for now let's keep going.

I was thinking a detective type who attempts to appear very brooding and hard boiled, but has a secret soft spot for romance novels he actively tries to (poorly) hide as well as many other hobbies which are more domestic like baking.

Ashaka Serket... some say she's a demon. Some say she puts them to shame. Some say she makes the grand highblood look like a wiggler wearing funny makeup and a diaper. But anyone who's called her crazy to her face has never heard her deny it, nor have they walked away from the affair alive without having some part of their face eaten off. Literally.

Bapfen Makara, an outcast highblood who rejected the Juggalo subculture, and turned to the surfer subculture instead. An idealistic yet disillusioned youth who's just as capricious as the rest in his caste, much to his dismay, and chronically turns to drugs to lessen recurring feelings of despair.

Bapfen Makara.png

I'm gonna make a drawing for him in the near future, but for now this was the best image I could make with the resources available to me.

Pictured here: Bapfen without his signature grey Hawai'ian shirt (which is always left open and with nothing worn underneath)
bapfen.png

In hindsight, this picture gives me serious Cronus vibes, but in my head it looked better. I think it's because the hair isn't very well drawn. The other thing I couldn't add, because his legs go out of frame, is the small bit of jewelry he does wear - an absurd amount of golden anklets. It's symbolic of shackles, implying a tie to his blood caste that he cannot break.

Edit: I forgot his grubscars. pardon me while I go eject myself into the vacuum of space.

it looks wonderful!

and the golden anklets thing is interesting. is that the only thing he spends his wealth on?

I mean, he does spend a lot of money on a large collection of surfboards and skateboards, despite not having anywhere to skate but inside his hive.... oh also he built his hive on a floating platform out in the ocean, if that counts, so the general upkeep and having basic supplies like food airdropped would probably cost a lot. but the only worn show of wealth would be the anklets.

I'd think he gets a lot of shit for "pretending to be a sea dweller" with his platform hive, but honestly he did it to get away from everyone else stuck on land. it was an effort to isolate, rather than imitate.

i think that's an interesting display of dichotomy that all purplebloods and specifically the makaras have with the sea. gamzee's lusus never being there for him, as he's a sea creature, and bapfen himself going out into the sea to isolate.

That, and I assumed that Bapfen would also have the same seagoat lusus...

oh right lmao. seeing subcontext where there's none.

I mean both subcontexts were intended. It's not only a conscious choice he's made to isolate himself, but also a technical choice by me to keep him close to his lusus and thus avoid developing daddy issues like Gamzee

I mean both subcontexts were intended. It's not only a conscious choice he's made to isolate himself, but also a technical choice by me to keep him close to his lusus and thus avoid developing daddy issues like Gamzee
oh, now that's smart.

highresrollsafe.jpg

Now the real question is: where does Bapfen get his drugs?

"I only source locally grown and all-organic weed for my blunts," Bapfen proclaims proudly. It's the only thing he seems to be proud of.
You look around, entirely befuddled, since the two of you are on a platform in the middle of the ocean. Where's this 'locally grown' weed source?
Without another word, Bapfen sticks his hand in the water, and after a moment, pulls up a clump of seaweed. "See? Weed!"
Bapfen! That's not-!
But it is too late. He's already rolling the seaweed into a blunt.

oh i just realized... if Bapfen's meteor strikes out at sea, depending on the size of the meteor, it'd probably create a tsunami...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back