• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

argotNaut

idle divinity

The Idea

A scratch, as is generally known throughout the cavities of Paradox Space, is a procedure that the players of a failed session undertake to reset their universe and give themselves another go at the game. Most sessions have the option to scratch, sans sessions without a Time Player, but it is by no means an obligatory step. Typically, a scratch is carried out by a Time Player, though some precedents of other players initiating it exist, using a weapon granted by a Space Player. And while the course of actions needed for initiating a scratch limits the room for variability, the power that Skaia has over any given scratch is enough for a multide of results to occur. Though the Canon, a relic that stabilizes Paradox Space, includes only two examples of a successful scratch, beings that permeate the Furthest Ring dream of worlds and worlds beyond mortal comprehension, and the possibility of their visions being true interests and captivates those that can note them. For example, what if... one scratch wasn't enough? What if two weren't enough? Three? Twenty three? What if Skaia thought of switching not only the time, but also the location of the portals?

What if the effort required to fulfill destiny teared it apart?

The Details

as can be understood from the opening (i hope), i want to rp the situation in which multiple scratches occur. to be exact, i want to rp the session of the twenty third post-scratch trolls, the omega trolls, corresponding to the last letter of the greek alphabet which i hope i copied correctly from wikipedia. as such, i expect five to twelve people to come forth and create their interpretations of the trolls after so many resets. alterna/beforus/any-other-telling-name-for-a-planet can and will be changed when we will brainstorm, so canon of the troll planet and of the troll race can and will be reshaped for the characters we come up with.

in short,
- twelve slots, each corresponding to a troll (you can claim a slot, but only after describing the idea you have for it) (perhaps two slots per person);
- knowledge of homestuck is required;
- literacy is required;
- some semblance of activity (on a weekly basis).

code by Amibiloquous

Last edited:

• Inanna Megido - argotNaut argotNaut - a post-mortem scientist of a pre-mortem nature.
    Enkidu Nitram - Orikanyo Orikanyo - a media persona, true to his very breath.
    Apomus Captor - explosiveKitten explosiveKitten - a streaming sensation for an egalitarian nation.
    Ghumso Vantas - SerbianMounted SerbianMounted - a hard-boiled detective with a soft spot for romantic novels.
    Dormiu Leijon - SpectrumCrow SpectrumCrow - a scaredy cat who uses scaredy witchcraft.
    Nynfae Maryam - Noivian Noivian - an unwilling duty, expressed in the way of art.
    Eseret Pyrope - AiDEE-c0 AiDEE-c0 - TH1S 4RT1CL3 1S UN4V41L4BL3 1N YOUR D3STR1CT.
    Ashaka Serket - Orihara Orihara - a crazy spider who has a pile of irons in the fire.
    Austur Zahhak - Eidolon Astronaut Eidolon Astronaut - a less-than-legal stock brocker with a penchant for the occult.
    Bapfen Makara - Noivian Noivian - a surfer, drifting from sober to stoned on disappointed waves.
    Puzyri Ampora - explosiveKitten explosiveKitten - a soft boi™, harmonious as ever.
    Sfyrna Peixes - Antimony Antimony - a shark princess, figuratively and literally.

Last edited:
hey~
12 players might honestly be slightly much but
in case it works out I wouldn't mind picking up the pyrope u.u
tbh now i realized that it's a bit of a stretch. i'm thinking of giving everyone two roles, so that it would be six players, but it's still a lot.
either way, kk! do you have an idea for her?

That reminds me, I was going to ask: Are you keeping the same gender ratios? I.E. All Nitrams are dudes?

That reminds me, I was going to ask: Are you keeping the same gender ratios? I.E. All Nitrams are dudes?
yes i am keeping the ratio, since paradox/perfect clones are kinda weird and don't change biological sex a whole lot. but if it's agreed on, we could make an exception.

Another question is Aspects & Lunar Sway. I don't know how you'll be handling stuff like god tiers and what not, but would the new Maryam still be a Space player, for instance?

Another question is Aspects & Lunar Sway. I don't know how you'll be handling stuff like god tiers and what not, but would the new Maryam still be a Space player, for instance?
normally i would say yes, since canon dancestor pairs retained their aspect. however, after so many scratches, it may be possible that Skaia could try to shift the portals to allow not only for the change of classes, but also for the change of aspects. as for the lunar sway, let's freehand it.

Will the OOC be on site or through discord or something else? :O

Definitely thinking about what character ideas I have and I'm more than willing to play two characters!

tbh now i realized that it's a bit of a stretch. i'm thinking of giving everyone two roles, so that it would be six players, but it's still a lot.
either way, kk! do you have an idea for her?
i'll think about what kinda personality i'd like to play with and get back to you on that~
probably the most important part of my process, I think

Will the OOC be on site or through discord or something else? :O

Definitely thinking about what character ideas I have and I'm more than willing to play two characters!

probs on site, but i can make a server if that would be convenient for most.

i'll think about what kinda personality i'd like to play with and get back to you on that~
probably the most important part of my process, I think

ik. personality tells more about a character than anything else.

probs on site, but i can make a server if that would be convenient for most.

I'm alright for either! I just wanted to check :)

I'm thinking about taking Leijon? My main idea was that she shifted from being the feline predator nepeta was to a much more docile, deer-like prey image? So she'd be pretty shy and skittish to match that!

I'm alright for either! I just wanted to check :)

I'm thinking about taking Leijon? My main idea was that she shifted from being the feline predator nepeta was to a much more docile, deer-like prey image? So she'd be pretty shy and skittish to match that!
oh, that sounds interesting. a change of role, so to say. besides leijon, does anyone else interest you?

oh, that sounds interesting. a change of role, so to say. besides leijon, does anyone else interest you?

Currently letting ideas form in my head, plus I want to give a bit of time for other people to claim spots before I do! I have to sleep in a minute anyways hehe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back